ourworldindata.org/gdp-growth-over-the-last-centuries/
nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/30/world/europe/ap-eu-deutsche-bank-qa.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=IGqeyQhBPMI
google.no/maps/@67.7761678,15.0212892,1064m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=no
reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-weekahead-idUSKCN1202O8?il=0
wsj.com/articles/obamas-political-bank-run-1475275928
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well to be perfectly fair, the only thing that stopped it from collapsing was the DoJ fine being cut from 14 to 5 billion. How the fuck was Cred Forums supposed to know? Even the shareholders were panicking.

Because you should expect for the government to do something about it.
Large banks will not be allowed to fail under any circumstances. This is how the system operates.

topkek fucking retards

>Large banks will not be allowed to fail under any circumstances.

The current macroeconomic climate has never happened in the history of capitalism. Low interest rates, high debt, stagnant economy and frenzy QE by nearly every major central bank. Add to this a complete lack of assets as most public companies in western countries have already been privatized. There is no way of knowing what would happen in the event of a second financial meltdown in such a short period of time. There is very little room for manoeuvrers from governments and central banks.

The great depression of 29 was largely diluted by WW2 and the war economy effect plus the rebuilding afterwards, so there really is no parallel to what we are experiencing right now.

The vibration of the woodplank increases as you going further from the ship and into the fresh air. Behind you and below you the inevitable blades of man and animal. It all ends one way or the other.
Oblivion awaits.

The financial sector has too much power to allow itself to fail.
And I wouldn't say the situation is radically different, it just has different details.
Privately owned banks still control money creation which gives them a huge amount of power both politically and economically, large enough banks can literally crash the entire economy of a country or even the world and can leverage that to force the government to take action to fix their mistakes.
It was the same thing that people were thinking during the beginning of 2008, that banks will go bankrupt and no one really believed the people who were saying that nothing will happen.

bump

Correct. Each time there is a bailout, the next will be larger. The next will indeed be larger still. This will continue until things are allowed to ACTUALLY FAIL, and subsequent restructuring, limitations on spending and policy based contingent convertibles won't ever be created.

You have to remember that the important issue here isn't the stock price, it's the bank's capital level and liquidity. DB has an 11b capital shortfall and 600b in retail deposits. This means that if 2% of deposits are withdrawn, the shortfall doubles, which drives more withdrawals. It's a positive feedback loop that will be impossible to stop and according to the Germans I know, mass withdrawals have already begun. Plus with the new banking regs in eu, the German government can't just bail them out, they have to go through the process of raising capital and then bailing in in order for public bailout to be an option.

They probably won't let it fail completely, but it almost certainly has farther to fall

if it were to crash it was obviously not today, it would be over/after the weekend

>How the fuck was Cred Forums supposed to know?

Because this happens every single time.

Oh so everytime the US government his a major foreign bank with a penalty for causing a financial meltdown, they come out with a big number and then when said bank starts to free fall in stock price the change the penalty amount? Learn something new every day, didn't know anyone had seen this before.

Pol isn't wrong that dB is going down, they just got the time frame wrong. It has anywhere from a few weeks to a few months left. We saw this exact same thing with lehman, on two separate occasions in the last 6 months it soared on report of fixes that really didn't fix the underlying problem

No, just that the bank will not be allowed to fail because of its size and influence.

hey guys my girlfriend has 15 grand in this crappy bank, is there any point in redepositing it to a different bank at all since you fags always paint such an apocalyptic picture?

>an user who doesnt know finance

If this bank does somehow fail I doubt any other bank in Germany will remain unaffected.
Unless you decide to hold that money in cash changing banks won't really make a difference unless you use some foreign bank.

Understandable that a leaf wouldn't understand, but there is a limit to what can be bailed out. The German taxpayer will not under any circumstances be subject to a bailout tantamount to an entire year's GDP. @3Tn from 73Tn holdings (13% of all global derivatives), that is a realistic scenario if a 2008 recession hits again; 4.1% global (see pic and realise that China will be the frontrunner next time). Which every indicator suggests is going to happen.

Still down 95 % over the last 10 years.

Just like everything was fixed in 2008 right? And with the dot com bubble, right? And all the other bubbles that weren't dealt with over the years.

Fucking retard.

>13% up
This is the worth of your pension. Wait a week and it will be down again when investors realize the company is unprofitable.

happening fags btfo? what a surprise.

i still don't understand how poland survived the recession.

>i still don't understand how poland survived the recession.

Eurobux.

Limited exposure, self-reliance and an absolutely massive infrastructure for cheap foods (in particular meats(Tesco, Asda, Sainbury's, Morrisons the bulk UK buyers)). Your realt term growth came from the fact that you undercut in an inelsatic market and nobody else could compete with the cheap infrastructure and wages.

Might happen again next time, but to a much lesser extent; Europe has accounted for the discrpancy last I heard.

I don't understand how Poland survived the recession. Enlighten me?

>Understandable that a leaf wouldn't understand, but there is a limit to what can be bailed out.
A lot of money can simply be created to bail them out without causing inflation. If the bank does crash it would be a disaster for the EU and Germany will not allow that to happen under any circumstances.

You don't create even half a year's GDP unless you're called Zimbabwe. If you don't understand that then I can't help anymore. You'd have to go to classes.

She should be safe with 15k but it might be a good idea to get a fair amount out in cash immediately. If the bank does run out of liquidity she might not have access to the money until the government deposit insurance program pays out, which might take a while

>Poland
>robust economy

People in Poland today have as much purchasing power as they did in communist times. The median wage is like 350 Euro a month, this is nearly nothing.

Poland does comparably fine by receiving billions worth of development funds from the EU and remittances from emigrants supporting their families which stay behind.

What a coincidence

After the debate huh?

>robust
Where the fuck did you get that from? Sheltered does not mean robust.

Your details and reasoning on the rest are relatively accurate.

Except that that money would not directly increase the money supply because it would go to the financial sector like QE which would have limited effects on the real economy.

wew lad

It's kind of typical a leaf has 0 understanding of economy.

When it crashes that is when people buy.

I.e trump and housing crisis.

Fucking keep telling you poltards this shit and nobody fucking listens

Use some of it to buy real hard assets. Not memeing, maybe some silver or gold, 3k or so.

Neo Nazis beat a mayor.

Germany remembers oh right we could get killed if people lose their banked labor.

Oh right, so in Canada you can print imaginary money to pretend losses aren't real. Maybe in yours and Trudeau's drug-addled mind. Derivatives have real people either side, particularly in forwards, the majority of holdings.

do financial services firms that crash that hard ever stay afloat long term?

ive seen db crash memed here for several weeks and im finally looking at it and it's kind of bad.

:^)

Memed into reality

Indeed, tangible assets are unlikely to ever get wiped out unless you live in Detroit or some other shithole. Trump probably learned that when he was twelve; yet so few people even realise this. People are rich in this world because there are so many stupid people; that's the reality.

>People in Poland today have as much purchasing power as they did in communist times.

source?

>YTD -48%

I assume he is speaking in relative terms. If so, it's actually worse when you look at the discrepancy between specific examples. Standard of living has gone up so much that it is a somewhat weak point, but it is noteworthy once you get into greater detail. See link for some data, at a glance it looks interesting and pertinent. Couldn't be bothered to look for more.

ourworldindata.org/gdp-growth-over-the-last-centuries/

>DURR DA NUMBERZ SAYS THEY IS UP
Get back to cleaning toilets you retard.

>People in Poland today have as much purchasing power as they did in communist times. The median wage is like 350 Euro a month, this is nearly nothing.

Not really.
And it's more like €800-900.

Irrespective of exact amount he refers to, the poignancy relates to comparative levels of parity (or the contrary in this case).

but if he says that the median here is 350 euros then I think we just assume that he is just bullshiting. 350 euros is lower than the minimum wage here.

This graph shows the rest of Europe having higher growth than Germany? How so?

no, germany seems average. green = good. brown = bad.

But Germany is a darker brown-red than most.

>2008
>Lehman bros tanks then soars
>everyone thinks it's gonna make it
>it doesn't
>current year
>db tanks then soars
>everyone thinks it's gonna make it
>hmm

Same thing playing out here.

not even confirmed tho

Literally just a rumour

To answer that appropriately I would expect to get paid for my efforts. Let's just say that the contingency and outcome contributes to the absolute fuck up that is DB and Commerzbank. Can't remember the details on manufacturing, but they were pretty awful on your automotive infrastructure (expect VW for the first few Qs?).

Can't Zion the Cryan

DB CEO was in New York today to meet US officials. The rumour is well founded, especially since the DoJ "declined to comment", which usually means a Yes in bureaucrat speak. If they hadn't made a deal, they would deny instead of decline to comment.

Will probably be announced early next week.

Can't con the John

The price is literally just the combination of rebound (part in hope) and speculative shifts throwing the volatility all over the shop. Look at the vega and vanna since Sep. 16th and try to find any other example in recent times. The true curve puts the price at 9 dead right now. Irrespective of the additive effects of artificial prop-ups, this rebound doesn't even take into account the 5.7Bn figure atm.

We're having far less unemployment and higher wage growth than Italy or Spain, which also both have trash banks that make DB look successful. We're also exporting more than China this year.

Still don't believe that graph is accurate.

pol is never right.

>We're having far less unemployment and higher wage growth than Italy or Spain
How about referring to the same timeframe? That usually helps making sense of the reality that surrounds you. Since then Germany has had an EU-centric recovery and imported millions of unskilled workers.

Boy, I wonder if that can go down well next recession, Hans?

>Italy or Spain, which also both have trash banks that make DB look successful
Do you know how exposure works? If I lose 50% of 50B Euro, I lose a heck of a lot less than 20% of 1.5T. It doesn't matter whether their bankers were shitter at their jobs, they weren't playing with as much fire. You got greedy, Germany. And you were still stupid and lost it.

Told you faggots to buy the bottom.

>Since then Germany has had an EU-centric recovery and imported millions of unskilled workers.
We're exporting more to the US than to any EU country.
They contributed to our growth by consumer spending and creating public sector jobs. Still not good in the long run, I know.
>You got greedy, Germany
Some private international banks with headquarters in Germany got greedy.

13% of shit is still a turd.

DAK.

The collapse of this bank would literally mean the end of the global economy. It's up because it being propped up and will likely be bailed out

nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/30/world/europe/ap-eu-deutsche-bank-qa.html?_r=0

youtube.com/watch?v=IGqeyQhBPMI

It's all about musical chairs. Banks sell their bad debt and last one holding loooses like Lehman brothers did

Are you sure it's at bottom?

This. Look at the big picture, fools. No one understood how much trouble Lehman was in until it all came crashing down. DB is in deep shit for sure. Someone is going to have to step in no matter what happens now.

>The end of the global economy
I don't fully understand why you'd say such a retarded comment. Let's assume all assets gets wiped out and there is """"no economy"""".

Right now there are 7Bn productive people doing the same jobs as yesterday, with the same skill-sets, fields still growing, machinery still working, mines still digging up shit, shops still pushing their shit on consumers even more desparately, jews still trying to lend for long term profit. On top of all that, even more desire to get wealthy. In other words, an economy.

And yet to the Amerifat, he is unable to fathom even this. I don't understand why Trump hasn't just said fuck off to you lot and moved to Scotland like he says he's apparently from.

Nice 19th century understanding of economics you got there.

Yeah because even that works, retard. Why not read the other 12 posts I've made and learn something. Assuming you actually are one of the 60%.

Redpill me about what would happen if the bank actually collapsed

20 million of its customers would be out of pocket to a limit of whatever they are insured for. That puts a massive amount of strain on anything that is sensitive to consumer spending. Thousands of businesses would be at risk, many wiped out if not working within a good 10% margin. Most aren't in this day and age. Secondly, all businesses tied up in the bank will take a massive hit too. Liquidity keeps businesses afloat and if they can't pay their creditors, then it's the same outcome on top of the consumer spending reduction.

Bad bad times ahead.

I can't take Nigelposters seriously. You people have some seriously fucked notions about economics and there is no point arguing with you.
Really really bad shit. Which is why (and this is the only point that matters)
>IT IS NEVER
>GOING
>TO FUCKING
>HAPPEN

Will you answer
?

This was perfectly reasonable to happen. The problem was that the people who watch DB about their business and fairness of deals were giving DB a fine of 14Bn for the stuff they did a year/ some years before the crash in 2007/2008. The figure they presented was outragously high because they were fine with what DB did at the time even though at hindsight they were not happy with it. It was very hypocritical of them to do that and thus the fine came in lower than the original 14Bn.

>seriously fucked notions about economics and there is
I know right? Knowing things is really fucked up to the Amerifat.
>no point arguing with you
Correct.

No, we see Texas as the best part of the USA, not the greater part. Arizona's cool too.

super underrated

If we don't get an official announcement that the mortage scandal fine will be cut to the $5.4bn rumoured figure, then expect a horrific opening to Tuesday trading in Germany.

Remember, German trading may be closed on Monday but the much more illiquid US tracking stock will be open, which - if we don't get an official announcement of a fine reduction by Sunday - may accentuate any potential selling.

Also, similar "fixes" were applied to Lehman which raised share price by 10% in the weeks leading up to their collapse in 2008. Pic related.

I didn't see a need, you are correct enough, just with a somewhat blinkered view on things.

But sure, to elaborate (keeping in mind that we are talking about the timeframe of 2008-Present:
>We're exporting more to the US than to any EU country.
Pic related. This was 2014 and it's gone down, but it illustrates the perspective sufficiently. Irrespective of this, your recovery had comparatively little to do with the US, by direct exportation.
>They contributed to our growth by consumer spending and creating public sector jobs. Still not good in the long run, I know.
Correct, short-term boost that will ruin SOME parts of your country.
>Some private international banks with headquarters in Germany got greedy.
So? If bailout, you, the taxpayer, pay for it. If no bailout, you, the consumer and German citizen, pay for it. It's a lose-lose bifurcation. No way out.

Anyone else find it suspicious that the US are trying to fine DB 14bn, and apple were ordered to repay 14bn in taxes? Right after the Trans Atlantic trade treaty collapsed.

>If bailout, you, the taxpayer, pay for it. If no bailout
If!
There's also the possibility that DB will somehiw make it. Their stock is back at €11 already

And since the rest of the economy is doing good, due to outcompeting the rest of the Eurozone into the ground, we'll be fine

350 is about as much as we make as minimum wage here. in fact i used to earn less in an 8 hour 3 shift job. fun times.

pay tax ireland

But you're racially homogeneous, so who cares if 25% of your country live in material deprivation?

>HURR DURR 13%
Still a literal trash can.

>Syria

The possibility of a 73Tn derivative exposure carrying through a recession is 0%. Look at again. The lightest recession on the books since widespread FIAT currencies is enough to put DB 500Bn into the red, CB probably 80Bn.

You can't survive that without a bailout. You really can't, lad. And that is the absolute best case scenario.

Lol polish cuck wants more shekels from germany

DELET THIS

(You're correct)

They dont have 73trn derivativen exposure. You really believe they have debt obligations that amount to 10-12 years of the Eurozone output combined?

Meaning they owe someone 10-12 years Eurozone GDP?

Come on

So according to /biz/ and "financial experts", this is what we can expect?

Its really simple, all we gotta do is massively increase welfare entitlements while importing hundreds of thousands of alien hostiles who will create "no go" enrichment zones then we can expect infinite growth forever!

And when the gibs abruptly run out what then?

>Debt obligations
That's not how derivatives work. The value of a derivative is based on the length of its contract and its resale value. When a recession hits, the value of the near absolute majority of derivatives slumps, vis-a-vis negative GDP growth. It's actually worse than that, because consumers don't take anywhere near as much of the comparable hit. DB (and CB to a much much smaller degree) took on so much IMPLIED value that they couldn't feasibly survive a single recession.

There are theories as to how and why this happened, as well as theories on why DB. The only people that know are the high-ups in DB and those who were pulling the strings. That's all I will say, for I value my life.

I'll leave this here. Proof pol meme magic actually influenced the global financial markets.

Look at how 'safety'(Government Bonds, Gold, US Dollar) is being bought, Euro currency is being sold US Dollars are being bought
at the same time that Deutsche Bank and the German, European, and US blue chip stock indexes are being sold off.

My theory is that DB, in accordance with the German export strategy, handed out guarantees for the risky Southern Europe market

Seeing how Southern Europe fails to truly recover, the situation of DB detoriates

What's your theory?

Ah, also, how I'd fiat money a problem during a downturn?

It's not lime the gold standard has done any good during the Great Depression

A financial crisis doesn't necessarily have to lead to a currency crisis

This is a sound theory. This seems to be directly linked to certain Italian banks' woes, especially.

That accounts for maybe 10% at best. Over a whole boom cycle. I don't particularly like speculation without the facts in front of me; especially where the conclusion is so intimidating, if compelling.

Old Cred Forums has the right idea, I remember old /n/ hitting the nail on the head, in hindsight. Infer from that what you wish, that's all I'm saying unless you're buying a pint for me in my local. (And leave your phone outside)

It's also supported by the fact that DB was ultra-high prior to 2008
C'mon, m8. We're never going to talk like this again and we'll regret knowing less than we could

Also, /n/ is a fucking transportation boarf

At least give terms to search for

Yep. I live here in this tiny shithole: google.no/maps/@67.7761678,15.0212892,1064m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=no

And even here, there are plenty of poles, latvians and estonians working and sending money back to their home countries.

This means a significant amount of money was flowing into the safety of Gold, and the US Dollar, US and German Gov Bonds, and at the same time flowing out of the Euro, and the German, European, and US bluechip stock indexes.

Not necessarily, sure. Money (with the catalytic addition of FIAT status) carries with it a value derived only from those who hold it. In times of extreme crisis this becomes pertinent. Might not even come to that, but the Euro will get hit hard, regardless. Unfortunately the Pound is likely to rise again, back to irrationally high levels. You're right to say that the two elements aren't necessarily linked, but when referring to extremes, they almost invariably are; only the degree to which such is so is debatable. Starts getting too speculative at this point, as we've never seen anything like what predictions suggest for the Eurozone.

Bullion (and probably gold contracts) -should- skyrocket in response, as discussed in detail in some other thread the other day. An actual standard isn't feasible anymore.

This is /n/ when it was news (pre /pol). I've been here longer than I should admit to.

And to add, moot shut it down because it was about a hundred times more interesting than Cred Forums is now.

>Deutsche Bank is literally 13% up
I can't believe I got all of these DB shares so cheaply! Buy! Buy! Bye

I'm going to sleep now and asking you a last time to give me something to grasp and search for, considering the Deutsche Bank and our economy in general

The more, the better

I'll see what reply I wake up to.

Good nite, Nigel

Only clue(s):

Have you noticed how tensions between the US and Russia are heating up again? Have you wondered why? Have you wondered what the effects might be if certain outcomes happened, and are there any parallels in history that you know of? What happens to the financial sector in such times, and are there any indicators of such?

I'd give you more, but at a certain point the mind starts to reject it. I'll add that it's one of the few times I've hoped to be proven wrong.

Fuck do you know about withdrawals in germany

It's well reported. They've refused to obligate customer withdrawals of gold deposits and closed 200 branches.

PLOT TWIST! DB starts the recession.

That's not a fucking plot twist.

A plot twist would be Spain pulling it's taco flavoured finger out of its hairy sweaty arsehole and actually doing a days fucking work.

>taco flavoured

I expected Brits to be more educated than the Americans.

There are more than you'd think looking at that as a plausible trigger point. You can see it in the last couple of day's response around global markets because of DB's volatility. Lucky for Spain, things can't really get much worse at the moment. Hang in there.

You thought wrong ancestor of paco.

It bought Time that's all.

>13% up
13 percent up on a week's loss which brought it down 20%

Anyway I called it, the German Plunge Protection Team's buying stock. They will sell it all off soon, because they didn't even use real money and it has to keep moving.

Not in the economic issues, but politically we're having a huge shitshow that I don't know where it's going to end up. We have the King worried about the political state of the country and Catalonia trying to secede, it could be 1933/34 part 2

DB was dying before the fine took it down. The real question is whether DB will revive from the trajectory it's been on. And in a post-growth Europe, those odds are nil.

Shut your whiney piñata hole paellanigger and learn to take a joke fucking hell

It'll be fine...

i wonder if the inevitable fall will begin after this weekend (monday is the day of german unity->holiday)
what is your opinion regarding cryptocurrencys if it collapses?

>No, we see Texas as the best part of the USA, not the greater part
I wasn't aware you spoke for me

DB IS TURBOKILL

ºDB is up because a french newspaper let out an unconfirmed news that the fine the US was applying was cut down to a third.

Why? Because the financial market is retarded. It's literally a bunch of people making decisions that would short-circuit a computer analysis, but alas, come with being an animal. No matter how rational we humans are.

Anyway, expect DB to flux between peaks and valleys for 2 more times before stabilizing. Anons can still make some money on that bank if they invest correctly.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-weekahead-idUSKCN1202O8?il=0

This is saying there will likely be market turmoil next week.

>laugh at my out-of-context jokes , retard!

U wot?

Just like gold, they (or just bitcoin) -should- see an increase, assuming there's no significant manipulation/flaws in the system or possibly legal restrictions on ownership or use. I highly doubt that will be the case, mainly because it would be next to impossible to police. So the future looks all right at worst, great at best.

For DB and its demise, it's hard to pinpoint but increasingly fascinating to look into. There are a number of aspects to consider at this particular point in the timeline. Firstly, that the German government has stated "categorically" that there won't be government intervention. Secondly, the fine is now confirmed at 5.7Bn. Thirdly that the DB CoCo (contingent convertible bonds) are now trading down 30%. Fourthly, that every single media outlet is putting story after story onto this... the entire world is now watching. Fifthly that markets on the other sides of the world are now shifting in line with IT.

So the question that demands an answer is where the fuck is the drop in its value? (See pic)

The conclusion is a pretty simple one as far as I see it. Overpriced as fuck, as described with

I'll add also that if it doesn't drop another 6% or so tomorrow alone, I'll eat my proverbial fucking hat.

No trading tomorrow my google

Monday even, kek.

>So the question that demands an answer is where the fuck is the drop in its value?
i have been watching the curve earlier, it was at 9.30 in the morning
they have to prop it up to appear to be doing alright i guess
it'll be interesting to watch wether or not they can keep the image up
another user in an earlier thread said basically the same, stating the weekend would give certain individuals time to get off the (now for certain, if true) sinking ship

cryan also said
"Deutsche Bank has a strong foundation"
i-i-i-i-i-i want to believe
and
“market forces are in action to undermine confidence in us”
probably regarding the hedge funds dumping db for what i presume is damage control

>they have to prop it up to appear to be doing alright i guess
This is very much correct and there's good historical data if you go back into 2008 and further to see the details. But when you look deeper still into this it becomes even more compelling. With withdrawal fear (and actual withdrawals like the user who said he took out 15k the other day), their liquid 2Bn is already tied up. So what's going on? Are they dumping assets en masse? If so, where? Why hasn't anyone seen a blip yet? And most importantly of all, they'll be taking losses in this climate by doing so.

I have a feeling when DB fails, the real costs are going to be horrifying. Like when a manager looks at a reluctant subordinate admitting his losses and asking "how bad is it?", but this time it's 7 years of fuck ups with 100k employees red in the face.

I just pulled out 10k as well.Bought 3k in gold, 1k in silver and threw the rest at a local credit union.

You think Obama was gonna let the DOJ stick it to his buddy Merkel?

wsj.com/articles/obamas-political-bank-run-1475275928

>How much money can the Obama Administration seize from banks before triggering a global financial panic? U.S. Department of Justice lawyers decided to find out by running a two-week experiment at Germany's Deutsche Bank.

>Wall Street Journal just called it a potential global financial panic

>global financial panic

Hold on to your butts. If this goes down, we're in for another bumpy ride (except this time, the ride never ends)

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

Pray for a Rowdy future.

Underrated.

you know what sticks to me for the whole thing is the jacob rothschild quote from this year
“The six months under review have seen central bankers continuing what is surely the greatest experiment in monetary policy in the history of the world. We are therefore in uncharted waters and it is impossible to predict the unintended consequences of very low interest rates, with some 30 percent of global government debt at negative yields, combined with quantitative easing on a massive scale,”
"the uncharted wateres" bit aswell as the "impposible to predict consequences" bit are rather alarming regarding this whole thing
i hate to be a doomsdaysayer but considering the state of things currently im really struggeling to have a bright view on the outcome of everything going on right now
people everywhere beeing more apart (aswell as indoctrinated) than ever,
gap between poor and rich getting bigger and bigger,
immigration crisis along with presumably upcoming terrorist attacks, more and more conflicts everywhere daily
and now this
truly horrifying direction we're taking