Did anybody else watch this? I thought it was completely fucking retarted...

Did anybody else watch this? I thought it was completely fucking retarted. The guy just pulls numbers and percents out of his ass all night.

Sombody else must also think he's full of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W9olSzNOh8s
youtube.com/watch?v=QAwiyS5aTcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post source, I'll watch it later and not reply because threads last 30 minutes on Cred Forums

I bet he understands the fields he's making investments in better than some neet-dweeb.

Musk browses Cred Forums regularly and is redpilled.
This Mars colony will prove as a final, unassailable bastion of a dispossessed white race. It makes perfect sense.
The Jews can't attack fucking Mars.
And when the technology improves enough with help via eugenics these White pioneers can return the earth and reconquer it for the white race creating a monoracial white world as it is the destiny of the white man. Musk is playing a power move and undertaking the ultimate kike stumping.

fuck Mars, better to build habitats directly in space from asteroids and shit and rotate it to simulate Earth gravity.

his company actually builds, flies and lands rockets

This is a recently completed, worlds largest carbon fiber fuel tank. It will be the smallest fuel tank in the rocket.

Space X also recently tested a scale mock-up of the raptor engine, a single chamber staged combustion engine with a chamber pressure of around 4500 psi, which is pretty impressive.

His plan is really ambitious and out there, but he might just be able to pull it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=W9olSzNOh8s :) It's long but it's half interesting.

I mean I kind of am going to college...

>eugenics

As a futurist, Musk knows genetic engineering will make breeding irrelevant in 20-30 years.

I mean yeah, they build and fly rockets. But they have never left LEO. Going interplanetary is a whole new ball game.

He used a whole lot of 'buzz' words which kind of tipped me off. It felt like I was watching an apple keynote

the most influential african-american in history

>wait for the first one to crash on 2022
>go to mars on 2024 at 50% discount
I'm ready

the level of precision that they insert payloads into geostationary transit orbits lead me to believe they'll be fine with their Mars insertions. They've had experience with their dragon capsules putting things into space and keeping them functional for long periods. And they have NASA to consult with on any issues they may have.

What buzz words tipped you off?

The whole point of the keynote imo was to try and garner enthusiasm and get the masses to gain interest in Mars.

I want to be a fly on the wall the first time some tribalist neo-Nazi realizes that some non-white with basic genetic enhancements is objectively better than him in every way.

Musk was not pulling numbers from his ass. They are actually engineering the system he described. They are testing the rocket motors and building prototypes of the tanks.

The simulations he showed were done using the actual CAD models. The models looked unfinished because the engineers doing the work were starting from the major engineering problems. How much weight, how much fuel, how much ISP, what materials, what structural considerations.

If you think that was bullshit, your concept of engineering comes from TV, where some dude listens to techno for 20 minutes and shits out a next gen quantum computer.

His fans are the worst
youtube.com/watch?v=QAwiyS5aTcU

Holy shit the fucking Q&A was awful, so many literal autists and faggots shilling their garbage.

>It felt like I was watching an apple keynote

YES BECAUSE HE'S RUNNING A FUCKING SPACE LAUNCH COMPANY

DO YOU EXPECT FORD TO DETAIL EXACTLY HOW THEY MADE THEIR NEW LINE OF ENGINES, DETAILING EVERY SINGLE THING FROM ALLOYS TO CONSTRUCTION METHODS?

DO YOU EXPECT APPLE TO DECONSTRUCT THEIR ENTIRE SUPPLY CHAIN AND BUDGET LIVE FOR EVERYONE WATCHING?

HE'S TRYING TO GET PEOPLE EXCITED FOR SOMETHING THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND, STEVE JOBS WAS GREAT AT THAT SO HIM TRYING TO MARKET HIS SHIT LOOKS LIKE AN APPLE KEYNOTE

JESUS CHRIST I AM ACTUALLY TRIGGERED

I'm actually an engineering student man. I'm just saying the frequency that he gave numbers just seemed like he was pulling it out of his ass.

If he was trying to 'get people excited' and 'not explain how they make their engines' then why the fuck did he talk about how they were made? Why was the presentation like an hour long. Someone who truly knew marketing would know that most of the general public can't hold interest for that long

>The Jews can't attack fucking Mars.

>implying the Jew's won't demand diversity in space

You know what's up. Elon is just a hype machine. I truly think he's dreamed too big here. This is where his luck is gonna run out

Yeah, Musk will bring some token niggers. But as soon as they land on Mars they will just be killed and then the Jews can't do shit. They won't even know anyway, nobody will notice that all the blacks disappeared in the sparce communication.

He does raise a good point

>sent a man in the moon in the 60s
>nothing after that but low/high orbit memes

What happened?

I think in order to be a billionaire you have to have a certain level of autism. The autism lets you be ultra passionate about investments, returns, etc and you lose sight completely of the big pictures.

Like maybe you should be able to launch supplies to the ISS without blowing up before we start talking about fuel depots on Europa, autist.

It costs too much fucking money and the only reason we cared about space was muh dick contest with Russia.

That really is one hell of a booster

Space station hotel could become a reality with that puppy

Vacations on the moon

>Im an engineer but I was all like whoa dude man to many numbers bro lol this can't be right

let me guess, civil?

Are you saying hes our guy?

he was talking about how they were made because the ITS is going to be larger than the Saturn V, and a really good marketing headline is: "SPACEX UNVEILS PLANNED ROCKET, LARGER THAN THE ROCKET THAT LAUNCHED APOLLO 11"

that's why he also talked about the thing landing, the orbital refueling, etc. all of this is brand new and he wants to get across that this isn't your grandmother's Soyuz-2.

the actual measurements really don't mean much to the average person (i don't think i've met someone aware of what specific impulse is irl), but the fact that the rocket is 'really big' and it's going to do something that's 'neva been done befo' is enough to get shit across.

again, apple was able to hype people up with '10% thinner, 20% faster, new screen, new feature'. musk is doing the same thing here.

crs-7 was a manufacturing defect in the upper stage, the cause of amos-6 hasn't been completely disclosed yet but a lot of people think it was a specific type of storage tank in the upper stage that blew on refueling

now if spacex kills 6 people when they eventually get the go-ahead to launch astronauts to the ISS i'll be alarmed, but so far everything's peachy

>Musk browses Cred Forums regularly and is redpilled.

> Did anybody else watch this?
> assumes anyone else knows what the fuck he is babbling about, or cares.
no link, no info, just a blurry image of some douche

fucking canadians.
youre a moron, and your country is full of faggots.
OP is a cock gobbling jizz guzzler.

If you're a fan of I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE your the kind of person who loves Elon Musk

Only a fucking leaf would make this shit slide thread like this. Go die in a forest fire. You need vision if you want to actually do something extraordinary. The main thing that will jeopardise his future right now is his bitch golddigging whore of a wife he's divorcing.

I've always thought he's full of shit
He thinks he is genius but his money came because he got lucky with a pretty mundane idea (paypall)
Every single thing he comes up with sounds like something out of reddit

A

FUCKING

Didn't he start that campaign to send volunteers into Mars and people found out it was just a scam?

also this

LEAF

LEAF

He's right you know

The fact that he's a billionaire and is daring to go to Mars is enough for me.

We don't have enough visionaries like this in the world anymore, so good for him.

actually yeah... haha

I saw that but I just disregard that guy because he's full of shit. People make a living by hyping up and putting these ideas in his head so he will invest in them.

He's from south-africa, he was raised to hate kaffirs

Musky pussy won't achieve anything USA haven't even landed on the moon yet.

>tfw he stole all my ideas
>it could had been me in his place if I was born earlier

Wow so much hate :')

>falling for media attention meme tier branding branding

I find this extremely funny.

>What happened?

Lack of vision, the payoff of a Mars manned mission is going to be reaped by the grandchildren of the people responsible for the moon mission.

Are you saying that you'd invest in Space-X?

This.

does it make you feel any better if I just replace Musk with this guy?

the man literally did nothing but market electricity

keyword: marketing

le nikola tesla thomas edison meme oatmeal

why would anyone when the moon landing never happened.

He takes government subsidies but he's supposed to be the bases earth saving billionaire. I think he's a cunt.

>he got lucky with a pretty mundane idea (paypall)
He wrote the source code that allowed for the safe and secure transferring of money over the internet. There's no luck in that, you need to understand coding, software development, how financial transfers work, encryption, internet protocols and other shit to make it work.

He saw a problem and solved it before anyone else did.

this.

stormfags are fucking retarded with their "white genocide" shit.

The rest of us laugh at you guys.

they can never be european though

Edison made science profitable. But the real hero is Tesla.

Search the Daily Stormer for articles about Musk. Anglin hates him and thinks he's a giant fraud.

He actually has a solid plan, just no spaceship, but his idea is solid and goes back to Werner von Braun. The Raptor engines are getting ready for service and the rocket he's going to use is going to be slightly smaller than Saturn V.

We send shit far further than Mars all the time. This is not super-complicated. It just takes money and careful planning. It would be super cool if he and Jeff Bezos and maybe some other billionaires would join up together and do it as a joint venture to prove to NASA they fucking suck and that capitalism is master race.

Too much Supremacy victories in Beyond Earth, famalam

NASA became a bureaucratic monstrosity and Congress started meddling with everything, forcing the Space Shuttle and space station which cost a fuckload.

>they have never left LEO

What the fuck are you talking about? They put satellites in geostationary orbit all the time. Stop pretending you know shit about space.

I came here to laugh at you.

Yes...this fucking dude is a massively subsidized Svengali

I'll give him a chance when one of his companies actually turns a profit, until then I'm rooting for him to implode like one of his rockets

>Memelon Memeusk is full of shit
whoa who knew, stop making me think this is too much

>ooh I have billiosn now
>wat do
>I know I'll do the least imaginative thing ever so much that Jeff Bezos and John Carmack chose to do the same thing
>we be siense faction now
>spaec is our future like it said in my old sar strek episodse :-DDD
>be where of da intelijente robotz dey gonna gill us xD

actually the falcon 9 is only responsible for getting the payload into GTO, not geostationary proper

actually he had 350 million or so and he almost lost it all because of spacex and tesla