Why Great Britain betrayed Portugal in 1890(see 1890 british ultimatum) in Africa despite Portugal always siding with...

Why Great Britain betrayed Portugal in 1890(see 1890 british ultimatum) in Africa despite Portugal always siding with the british in every possible way?
Their kings even prefered leave Portugal than betray the british, but the british didnt thought two times before betraying the portuguese for a small trip of land.

BEADY

They're anglos, what would you expect?

ETERNAL ANGLO

Muh clay mufuggen

The strong do as they please and the weak suffer as they must.

deal with it Alberto

That would be too good for Portugal. The British were clever.

It was because of Cecil Rhodes, he wanted to create a railroad across Africa. Cape to Cairo. He had investments in Zimbabwe and wanted to secure them, same with in Zambia.

Say it with me.

CAPE

TO

NOWHERE

BUT

CAIRO

Based Rhodes
I'm so glad those buttblastered niggers at Oxford got shut down

The English are natural betrayers. They betray as they breathe.
Never, ever trust an english. History teaches us that.

I thought hate speech like this was illegal in Euroland.

>This is the country that dragged us into the first world war
Not worth 2bh

>trusting the sideways German

>Why Jews betrayed Portugal
I wonder. There's a popular theory that states most high class anglos are descended from warlike jews who invaded the Islands during the barbarian invasions.

Makes sense because a lot of anglos downright look like kikes with middle eastern features even when they claim to be from the British Islands for generations.

Belgium was a mistake.

Who uses with a good reason the term "perfidous albion?" Everybody.

The betrayed french revolutionaries.
The greatest ally, see above.
The dutch, with their city bombared and the fleet burned to ashes to damage Napoleon.
The Irish you starved to death.
The irish? Think about the indians. Or the Afrikaans. If starving people to death was considered genocide, you would have more to listen every day than the germans and their 6 gorillions.

Think about how much your neighbours hate you, Sassenach.

Then ask yourself if you are, or are not, an eternal traitor.

So, what happened? This was the time of railroad barons making dosh. How did he not get this?

You left out Germany in your litany of Anglo betrayals.

just because you side with somebody doesnt mean you wont do whats best for youself.

they had more interest in having a north south conection that letting the daegos have an east west one.

>trusting the eternal anglo

Portugal got too complacent with their alliance and forgot the anglos are natural backstabbers.

>Then ask yourself if you are, or are not, an eternal traitor.

No more than anyone else to be honest.
Humans are a pretty shitty bunch.
The English are far from being the worst.
We could have sat out WW2 if we were really the traitors you claim.

>they had more interest in having a north south conection that letting the daegos have an east west one.

>in b4 "railway crossing"

Cecil Rhodes and Lord Salisbury cucked Barbosa, not Diego.

CONTRA OS BRETÕES MARCHAR, MARCHAR!

>OS BRETÕES
no hablo sorry

That's the original lyric of the glorious anthem of the Portuguese Republic, you dumb cuck. It was written because of this specific clusterfuck and then grabbed by the Republicans.

>You know nothing, Joao Barbosa

>trusting Britain
>ever
Remember this: bongers are merchants too.

I am not Belgian, Sassenach

Don't remember say you were.
You've made it more than clear what nationality I should think you are.
You should stay in Belgium.

So what you're saying is that Britain put its own interests first.

Maybe if you lot tried it you would have some success.

your tears are glorious.

Oh I'm sorry, did we steal Portugal's opportunity to STEAL THE LAND FROM THE FUCKING NATIVES?

where the fuck do you people get off acting all high and mighty over this? You didn't even have any colonists there, you just 'claimed' it. Contrary to popular opinion it doesn't belong to you just because you planted a fucking flag there.

And also, for it to be possible for Britain to betray portugal, the portuguese would actually have had to do something helpful for great britain. As far as I remember the Portuguese-British relationship in the 19th century consisted of British soldiers saving you from Napoleon while your troops ran away. Repeatedly. (although, fair's fair, they were still less cowardly and ill-disciplined than the Spanish).