ICANN was turned over at midnight. Free speech is done

Im pretty depressed about this. Obama really does hate his country and its values. There is no turning back from this. Free speech will be dead soon on the internet. The globalist take over is one step closer.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wTd6o
breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/29/john-bolton-hostile-foreign-governments-will-use-obamas-internet-surrender-advantage/
youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
mobile.twitter.com/America_1st_/status/781595432954847232/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=PwRA-zAbx1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to church.

>Free speech will be dead soon on the internet
do you even know how the internet works?

pretty much everyone can make their own ip network. in fact, if you aren't posting from a cardboard box under a bridge using public wifi, you are probably using one.

icann have already done everything they could to make the internet as undemocratic as possible, and still websites like Cred Forums are allowed to exist.

How does that make fascism better?

What powers does ICANN have that can impact free speech?

If they don't like your website they can deny access to your domain name

Nah, I'm going to kill instead. You enjoy church.

Instead of whining like a bitch how bout you explain why this is bad, or is that too difficult for you?

No, he just dislikes white people more than he dislikes the country and/or its values.

How?

None whatsoever.

Lame troll OP, was lame the whole time

They """""""can""""""" do that. They'll also be sued.

archive.is/wTd6o
Congress Fiddles While Obama Burns Internet ICANN

Internet Control To Be Turned Over To Malaysia

OP literally has no idea what hes talking about hes just parroting bullshit he heard somewhere else

they can't
read up on how DNS works.

let's see, what does ICANN do exactly?

They decide which Top Level Domains there should be, and assign other people to keep track of their TLD.

I guess they also have a say who is allowed to run a root DNS server, yes?

John Bolton: Hostile Foreign Governments Will Use Obama’s Internet Surrender to Their Advantage

breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/29/john-bolton-hostile-foreign-governments-will-use-obamas-internet-surrender-advantage/

>John Bolton criticized Republicans for failing to effectively oppose an Obama policy that has devastating long-term consequences: the surrender of American control over Internet registration.

Is there anything more hilarious than baby boomers talking about the Internet?

youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
>Good morning. In less than a year, shitposters from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest memetic battle in this history of mankind.
>Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.
>We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.
>We will be united in our common interests.
>Perhaps its fate that today is the 1st of October, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.
>We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.
>And should we win the day, the 1st of October will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:
>"We will not go quietly into the night!
>We will not vanish without a fight!
>We're going to meme on!
>We're going to survive!"
>Today, we celebrate our IndePepes Day!

Good luck suing china

>muh domain names
>muh root dns servers
let's see, you probably use the DNS server your ISP forces upon you like a fucking shitty little cuckold?
if you aren't even trying, you don't deserve free speech.
also, my grandfather didn't die as a malaysian war prisoner, so i trust them more than the us.

please end this retarded discussion already.

fucking relax guys, it was given over to the un which has a strict free speech policy.

As long as we have our minds and will to resist tyranny, we will be free men.

Nobody can force us to succumb to Googles and Skypes.

Gas the Jews, race war now!

Free speech still intact. Thread fail.

I don't trust the UN as far as I can throw it, but ICANN has next to no censorship powers. I have no doubt that the UN is all for censoring hate speech, but ICANN being turned over is absolutely meaningless.

Assignment of IP addresses, resolution of domain names to IP addresses, etc.

Basically the IANA was previously an agent of the US government. As such, it was forced to abide by the same rules as the US government, including the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech.

By handing the IANA over to the international ICANN, it's no longer subject to those rules. It also no longer has the protection of a particular government and can be bribed or coerced by other governments, so we get to worry about Germany globally shutting down anybody who denies the Holocaust or Iran censoring anybody who rejects Islam.

They can deny normies access, which is sufficient to nip any uncontrolled opposition in the bud.

And a Saudi in charge of human rights. The UN doesn't give a shit.

>They can deny normies access, which is sufficient to nip any uncontrolled opposition in the bud.
>normies
if you type a domain name you aren't a normie anymore.
normies google every little shit, and google is still american, but pro free speech? not so much.

>let's see, you probably use the DNS server your ISP forces upon you like a fucking shitty little cuckold?
wow that's really embarassing

ICANN can suspend any domain it wants to. If UN sees it as a threat say good by. This will probably one of the first sites to go.

When nothing happens, Americans will look back on this and realize that the UN isn't a bond villain trying to take over the world.

Oh wait no they won't, they'll just forget about this habbening and move on to the next one.

Why is America full of chickenlittles?

> it was forced to abide by the same rules as the US government
what were the relevant rules?

name one USC regulation that addressed either hosts or IP announcements and was positive. name one USC regulation that addressed either hosts or IP announcements that could have been worse but wasn't because of part of the bill of rights.

>resolution of domain names to IP addresses
The individual DNS servers do that, not ICANN.

>hmm, my domain "sixmillionlies.de" has been suspended
>oh look at that, I just registered "sixmillionlies.ps"

so ICANN, which has just abrogated control of the zone files for top-level domains and the authoritative DNS servers, is going to "suspend" Cred Forums.org how?

by asking the UN to turn off the .org servers?

jesus christ, every single one of these threads has been a fucking shitshow, all week. it's time to stop.

icann can't do shit. your registrar can, and most of them have rules that can and will be enforced by local authorities.

they can't directly suspend domain names at the moment.
But they could pressure the people that are responsible for the top level domain, to remove domains, or remove them if they don't cooperate.

That being said, ICANN is still under U.S. jurisdiction (in California....... hope that wont be a problem in the future).

ICANN isn't being given to the UN though you fucking autismo.

El Rato is just fear mongering.

>But they could pressure the people that are responsible for the top level domain, to remove domains, or remove them if they don't cooperate
I think that's unlikely to happen. Imagine the chaos that would result from .org being removed for not cooperating with censorship. That's a risk I don't believe they would take.

They are in theory, as they're open to anti-trust lawsuits if they don't seek some sort of governmental protection.

>They are in theory
So they're not.

>as they're open to anti-trust lawsuits if they don't seek some sort of governmental protection
The UN isn't a government, and this is nothing but speculation at best, there's absolutely nothing to suggest this will happen despite how many retarded threads we get affirming that it is going to happen without a doubt.

at this point I just hope the internet dies and we can go back to sane society in a couple generations

i have little hope for this unfortunately. The outside world looks more like 1984 nowadays and with politicians complaining about microaggressions etc. it probably wont change back

sjw's are literally Hitler, They want to control how everyone acts and what everyone thinks.

They are just too blinded by their own rhetoric to see they have become the very thing they are fighting against.

DEAR SHILLS SAYING THIS IS NO BIG DEAL

SUCK A FUCKING DICK

Wasnt facebook funded by a CIA funded venture capital firm. The internet and social media is mind control.

is there anything more hilarious than nederlands talking?

It was never bound by muhh first amendment anyway

Yeah it was because of the contracts it had with THE US GOVERNMENT

THE US GOVERNMENT ENFORCES THE FIRST AMENDMENT

berry good

if that was the truth, why would 'educated' faggots like yourself even post in here? why wouldn't this loaf have been baked on /b?
????
stfu nigga

and every other government enforces its own laws via its official registrar.
fuck off already.

The US contracted ICANN was required to tell them to fuck off and censor on their side rather than ICANN's side prior to this retarded hand over.

Now anybody can complain/intimidate to ICANN and have their voice heard equally with the US

COUNTRIES AND ORGANIZATIONS WITHOUT THE FIRST AMENDMENT SHOULD HAVE TO NUKE US BEFORE THEY HAVE A SAY IN WHAT WE ALLOW ICANN TO DO

Too complicated

Lets just start nuking people and take it back so I never have to do anything but say "gimme 4chanz"

Not even joking joking

All it says is change your DNS so it isn't an ICANN controlled server. The you'll still have your Indonesian underwater basket weaving forum

you talk like a cia spook. nigger.

Big deal.

The moment they actually try censoring shit, there's going to be a replacement within hours. It's going to go viral. People will hop over to DNS's that get their domain registrations from that replacement. A lot of DNS providers will probably do it on their own to avoid the flak.

The internet is too decentralized to kill. To kill free speech, they'd have to directly go dystopian.

Don't be TOO depressed, the real tyranny doesn't start until if/when Hillary got elected. Obama himself isn't going to enforce any UN regulations they might institute, not in the last month of his Presidency.

The Europeans are the ones that should worry, the UN was *already* cooperating with Twitter/FB and local authorities to raid and arrest people committing wrongthink on the internet.

Good this will kick-start more research into mesh networks and encryption

>muh internets are now censored under UN, what ever shall we do?
No, just shut up. Shut the fuck up.

what i would like, is some honest info on what this actually means. if it's just a fancy way of saying that china gets to decide wtf goes on the net in china, then i'm ok with that. the rest of the world can buttfuck themselves over the UN all they want so long as america and russia are uneasy equals at opposite heads of the table.

What is your problem? OP is probably overreacting but it's death by a thousand cuts we're talking about here. This is just one more step towards globalist tyranny.

this guy is just one of a handful of ctr/UN shill fags. pay him no never mind.

This

Fuck off fbi honeypotting jew

WHEN I TYPE Cred Forums.org/pol I EXPECT TO GET REDPILLED AS FUCK INMEDIATELY WITH NO PREPARATIONS NECESSARY

Hilarious that you faggots have zero faith in federal government yet still bitch and moan over shit like this. Literally everything but the list linking text and number internet addresses is better left to anyone but our government.

And it's an incredibly hard step to reverse
See

>DURRR WHAT IS THE FIRST AMENDMENT DURRRRRRRR

>Hilarious that you faggots have zero faith in federal government yet still bitch and moan over shit like this.
Why do you say this like these two things are mutually exclusive? If someone doesn't trust OUR Federal government, why would they trust an international government body that isn't limited by checks and balances or the Constitution?

what are you trying to tell me?

I am far more skeptical of our government to act correctly/properly than some nonprofit that has nothing to gain from censorship.

But that is besides the point. There is no credible way for ICANN to censor the internet. Should they attempt to eliminate certain websites, which wont happen, alternative dns services will sprout overnight.

hypothetically, they could have control of IANA too and start duplicating IPs, but they won't.

If the UN started blocking DNS to a particular site, ISP customers would demand access. Eventually you'd see countries build a shared national DNS infrastructure preceding forwarding to root DNS that would hold stub zones, A records or conditional forwarders to sites censored by the UN. This is the kind of fragmentation this move is meant to avoid, where the US could remove sites as part of a cyberwarfare campaign forcing countries to have their own national tertiary DNS infrastructure.

So lets use Cred Forums being censored as an example:

Now your resolution goes:

You -> ISP -> root DNS (resolves Cred Forums.org)

Future (Cred Forums censored)

You-> ISP -> US DNS (resolves Cred Forums.org) -> root DNS (superseded)

You dont need to change anything on your devices, your ISP would modify its resolver chain.

I am the person that would modify your resolver chain to make this happen so the UN couldn't censor you. If i didnt do my job you would switch ISPs to one that did.

it's 'hilarious' that government jew faggots like yourself feel comfortable calling us 'faggots'. you dumb fucking niggers end up begging us for help all the fucking time and yet the acknowledgement we get is an fbi that's willing to get down doors over illegal movie streaming, but not over pure-and-simple governmental fraud and abuse, and a few visits from mouthy cunts like yourself every week. go fuck you.

>the UN
I'll ask again, provide any evidence at all that the UN will "take control of ICANN"

You live in communist state

You should only be allowed to make Germany a communist state

You should not be allowed to talk to American contracted and created ICANN unless you kill every last American first

Lock and load if you don't like hate speech mother fucker

there's already a ton. OpenNIC the most popular, and all are BIND9/GeoDNS compatable, except maybe Blockchain. But fuck Blockchain anyway.

>which wont happen
Fuck you and whatever group you are shilling for you cunt

they literally just did 11 hours ago

So you're confirming you don't know shit about what's happening then?

Why would they? It would be a futile attempt at censorship that would make them hated and irrelevant

reminder that the UN are the guys who stand next to warcrimes and say "look, a warcrime".

i don't think saudi arabia gives a fuck about hate speech. i don't think china does. japan probably doesn't. russia definitely doesn't. and the list goes on.
this whole thing is just a symbolic act to piss of burgers. and it's working damn well.

It's a threat with no teeth, you're just a normie newfag with no clue how to internet.

As an ISP, (as an extreme example) I could set up a load balancer on a single internet IP with host header redirection where every single one of my hosted sites goes to one external IP. They are then redirected, dependent on the requested host header, to a 10.x.x.x address within my infrastructure.

That's 16,777,214 hosts hosts that UN can't do anything about.

Then I could set up ANOTHER external IP with ANOTHER 224 hosts.

Now each ISP does the same thing and you'll see the threats are moot.

For residential customers it gets a bit trickier for things like online gaming etc but not impossible to work around.

Oh please, normie, redpill me

How about you provide one source for your claim you sperg. It's such common knowledge and apparently has happened, so provide a source.

Icann is not the UN....they are independent

THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TALK TO ICANN NOW

BEFORE THE US COULD TELL ANYONE

HEY BUDDY THATS MY BITCH

STEP OFF OR GET GADDAFISADDAMED

>the same guy who thinks net neutrality is bad thinks this is bad too
so that means it's actually good right?

Wow dude compelling argument but being able to "talk to ICANN """"now"""""" doesn't mean the UN controls ICANN.

yes and no, it's complicated.

Waiting on that redpill.

If you dont know what a conditional forwarder, a stub zone or root DNS servers are, you are not capable of forming an informed decision on this topic.

DNS goes against the fundamental principle of the Internet - a decentralised, distributed network of nodes where traffic can flow peer-to-peer and any attempt to disrupt this cor censor traffic is simply treated as network congestion and bypassed.

DNS provides a single namespace (or at least attempts to). The DNS root servers are a collection of servers held to be authoritative - that is, they are right and everyone else is wrong. A complex chain of certificates ensures that other authoritative servers replicate results reliably.

The collections of root servers are for the TLDs - top-level domains. .com and .org have their own root servers, same as .eu and various country codes.

This heirarchy only makes sense if people trust the results it gives back. The internet makes it trivially easy for two people in different countries to compare the results of a DNS lookup - thus if someone decided to censor via DNS, they'd be found out pretty much instantly.

The only way to stop freedom of speech across a network where every node can transmit freely to another node is to stop all communication of any sort.

what symbolic thing is being done to piss off kraut-hamburgers?

I'm just going to spam this until you guys watch it

TRAFFIC MATTERS YOU FUCKING RETARD

WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT ME

nice

>Waiting on that redpill.
Yeah and I'm waiting on that source for the UN controlling ICANN.

>If you dont know what a conditional forwarder, a stub zone or root DNS servers are, you are not capable of forming an informed decision on this topic.
Do you even know what ICANN does lmao

>letting other men groups talk to your organizations
>being this much of an international cuckold
>not keeping your organizations in check and thoroughly dicked down by yourself
>claims to be a man
Kill yourself cuckold

You did this to yourselves. Cruz tried to warn us but you chose Donald instead. If those delegates were Cruz's he would have been fighting this since the convention. You reap what you sow.

>muh free speech. Again, doesnt fucking matter when there is no way for them to censor the internet without it being totally obvious and easily overcome

Before today, nobody but America had a say in what ICANN did to or with the ORSN.

If the government doesnt transfer shared authority of the "independent" ICANN to the UN etc, foreign states would need to set up a tertiary resolver chain to mitigate the risk of the US using DNS as a cyberwarfare tool.

This fragments DNS. This is a bad thing to them.

ICANN is independent.

ICANN has been independent since its inception.

The claim that no other country could so much as speak to ICANN since its inception is completely ridiculous and not based in fact.

>theres no way for then to kill you unless they get a gun and shoot you without being totally obvious and easy to overcome

Said every shill ever to someone before they got shot

Tell me, what do they do, to you? What happened in your normie eyes and why?

Because Cred Forums is the new Cred Forums. You're all retarded save for a few.

Yup, it's the end of the world.

Kek at all the fear mongering
youtube.com/watch?v=PwRA-zAbx1k

>DURRRRR WHAT JUST EXPIRED YESTERDAY DURRRRRRR
You are one dumb shill sir

>Temporary disruption of your ability to communicate information effectively
vs
>Being shot

>Burgerland edumacation

>swishshsh!

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about, ICANN sets policy unilaterally which the US has to abide by, your implication the US ever controlled ICANN is completely retarded, the sub organization which has been contracted to ICANN since ICANN has been a thing is called IANA by the way, it too, has been under ICANN policy since ICANN was a thing.

I'm done replying to your dumb ass until you can provide a source for the claim which made me reply to you in the first place, namely THE UN CONTROLS ICANN AS OF 11 HOURS AGO.

Provide a source.

Just 1.

In the end, the people always win. Always.

"Let them eat cake" gets guillotined.

Every 10-15 generations since humans started gathering in large groups.

We are there. That is all.

Waah! Waah! First Amendment!!!!
who the fuck cares, you aren't the only country with this kind of laws, you aren't freest country in the world and DNS changes are easy as FUCK, jesus in turkey people wrote the Google DNS on the fucking walls to help people circumvent twitter censorship.

My ISP blocks some sites because " muh pedo, crimes n shiet" but with another DNS? boom you can see what you want
>ICANN won't do shit, they never did and have no intention to do anything

THINK ABOUT A SECOND WHY THE FUCK ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD HAVE TO SUBMIT TO US CONTROL FOR THEIR OWN DNSs? fuck off and give us control over out stuff

really? and yet 'brexit' would never have happened without 4chins, and more spezibically, /bol ... y u so mad bro? if you don't lub ameriburg, take your nigger ass to 7chan

Whats wrong with censorship?

>ICANN
>Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
American education

You have no fucking idea how the internet works, do you?

IANA is part of ICANN? That's their plan. Sanction the ISP for giving Cred Forums IP addresses.

More like shooting you with poison dart, when you are holding the antidote.

Disrupting my ability to shitpost even for ten minutes is too far

"The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is a department of ICANN"

"IANA delegates allocations of IP address blocks to regional Internet registries (RIRs)."

"The RIRs divide their allocated address pools into smaller blocks and delegate them to Internet service providers and other organizations in their operating regions."

This is what could happen. Ban Ki Moon will say "Cred Forums is lacist", and IANA will use a monetary fine or suspend the ISP that gives IP addresses to Cred Forums.

time to invest in namecoin

do you unironically believe you guys made the United Kingdom get out of the EU?
how about the people who are actually british and voted BREXIT?
and of course most of them are even too old to know how to use a fucking computer, let alone read Cred Forums and believe it.
with the US elections, well let's just say that we are making the difference with Trump, which shows what a bunch of gullible retards americans are

stfu mexico

shut the fuck up ted cruz. you voted in support of of the bill that allowed this to happen years ago and now act like its your ticket to not looking like a douche bag for crying about nobody liking you during a televised event

> its not supposed to be like this REEEEEE

eat a dick faggot

jesus christ you fuckwit shut up

Contractually, since 1999, the US had total control of IANA. Faggots like your inferior country formed the ITU, crying like the little bitches they (and all their countrymen) are about the big, mean, US. ICANN, an independent corporate entity, was powerless and under the thumb of greatest most alpha country there is, the US. When the beta males like yourself of the ITU cried about fragmenting and cyber warfare in the 00s, the US told you to stop bitching about ot and let the contracted control run out. That was 11 hours ago. Now, to newfags like you, "b-b-b-but it's independent, it's not government". Neither are most banks, but look at what globalist bullshit they get into. It's why Abbos are getting paid to cuck you and fuck your women while you cry alone a virgin.

ICANN essentially had to do whatever the US said, by contract. Now the little faggots at the UN can influence ICANN, an """independent corporate non-profit""", all they want on TLDNs and more importantly, IANA.

You need to stop following Brietbart or whatever, normie, you know nothing of which you speak.

>trying to fine or SUSPEND COMCAST,AT&T,VERIZON, most of the isps in the world
>especially our isps, who don't give a single fuck about copyright and hosting
jesus you guys are really dense, meanwhile most of the world is rejoicing that we can now do our shit ourselves

as always a based aussie sums it up perfectly

i am less mexico than you are, Pedro Sanchez Smith

They will never discover my love for giraffe's, never never ever. Proxy proxy proxy anoning

Ah the
>I have no idea how the internet works or what ICANN is
thread.

50% flat out ignorance, 50% ad hominem, 0% sources.

Try again.

Show me a source for the UN controlling ICANN.

Theoretically, could Trump threaten NATO and UN with pulling out all funding unless they hand us our internet back?

..well, in truth, mexicans got all their 'rapey' heritage from the greasy fuckin 'spaniards', which were just upjumped islamic slaves interbred with european peasants.
>what's an 8 letter phrase for an 'idyllic italian family'
'Sex Crime'

it's not Obama's fault, idiot. He's implementing a law Congress passed in 1992

go blame your parents, if you want to cry

I wish Cred Forums could be deleted already, it's just Cred Forums with flags. Because of you cucks this entire website will pay the price.

no because the internet isn't going anywhere and never will
does the word "decentralised" mean anything to you?

it would be much easier than that. The organization that is in charge now is a US non-profit. Amend the organization to be liable to federal agency as it used to be, nobody will do anything about it.

This.
mfw when burgers think they're the good guys and everyone else is Hitler

Yeah, if anything though, this is an economic threat to the national stability and security of the united states of America.

In some places this would be considered a declaration of cyber war

>My ISP blocks some sites because " muh pedo, crimes n shiet" but with another DNS? boom you can see what you want

all you have proven is burgers are objectively better at free speech than your cunt

if the "real" domain system is regulated, your trick does nothing

>this is an economic threat to the national stability and security of the united states of America
it literally isn't

have you not been following the news? Show me a source that says they won't, and meanwhile I'll flesh it out for you:

Now to UN has equal, if not greater than, control as the US. The internet in it's most casual form, just went from control by the US, to in this instance what equals to something like a globalist banking system (ICANN.)

To an extent I'll concede it's not entirely flat out control by the UN. It's even more volatile than just the UN controlling it, it's control of the highest bidder/donator to ICANN, which will still likely be at best, the UTI (still bad), and at worst, the Saudis (terrible.)

also,
>ad h-h-hominem

this isn't reddit, friendo, I'll call you a beta male faggot and you'll thank me.

yes pretty much.

Its funny the outcry is now about the DNS servers when they already censor certain sites for ages, and not only via DNS but hard IP rang bans on provider level for years.

This is what happens when you vote in a nigger

So who wants to start our own hierarchy of DNS servers?

china already tampers with internet as much as they want, they did not wait for permission

this change does little, since it's the exact same organization that was already in control. Difference is, now it can't be as easily stopped from making decisions the US might not like.

If the organization makes changes, it affects everyone on the "official" internet.

On the organization there are representatives from different countries, hence the fear of a "UN".

at this point anyone who doesn't see that Christcuckery is being pushed by Jews to neuter the goyim is a bluepilled degenerate

Lads

Here

Now

No, he couldn't because ICANN isn't NATO, JESUS

spaniards, not us. Mexicans don't speak italian, they speak spanish

oh so the rest of the World should've broken Nato and peace treaties and start attacking you fags because you "controlled" our dns and were a threat to the stability of all nations?

they only block shit under request of the police, so its pedo, scammers and that's pretty much about it, if you count the few movie illegal hosting forums. you mean that to block Diochan (our shitty Cred Forums) they'd have to
block the whole .it domain? see why you guys lost 2 wars? fucking hell

>wwaah waah the burden on proof is on you, not on me! i am the one claiming unsourced shit but you should prove me why asking for proof is the right thing to do! wwaaah waaah

if that was true, what would you care? are you part of the conspiracy? how /potato/ does it /potato/? /potato/ so fucking much, /potato/ /potato/. the argument before you is /potato/ and you're very own /potato/ is /potato/!? Ridiculous! This. Is. Not. /potato/.

That's just the thing though.
Its the internet.
There shouldn't be an "official, for sanctioned usage" Internet, if I want to connect to a website, I should be able to of my own violation, without the United Nations peering over my every action.

Its just not right, and there;s too many people in this day and age that are, at best, apathetic about things for anything to happen.

I've seen too often people cheering on this sort of thing, I guess this is how democracy dies, not with a bang or a whimper, but with resounding cheers...

So here's the ugliest version of the outcome if US kept control:

Countries abandon their national TLDs. So .ru stops being used by russia, .cn stops being used by China etc.

Instead they make up their own TLDs (e.g. .russla) and host them within their own nation.

Now we need to set up stub zones to each one of these nations in order to do simple shit send or receive emails from them.

Technically it's a nightmare.

Does that mean the US should have given up DNS to the ICANN and effectively the highest bidder subsequently? I personally don't think we should. It's ours. If they want to break DNS because they were too stupid to come up with it, let them. They are just as much fucking themselves as they are us, if not more so.

I still don't understand. Please exoplain simply

>have you not been following the news?
Yeah and all I've seen is clickbait filled with conjecture. News sites are not sources, they are aggregators, except they can aggregate things which are not facts.

>Now to UN has equal, if not greater than
>if not greater than
based
on
what

>The internet in it's most casual form, just went from control by the US
The US hasn't controlled the internet for 20 years.

>To an extent I'll concede it's not entirely flat out control by the UN
But you said it was? What else have you been flat out bullshiting about?

>it's control of the highest bidder/donator to ICANN
Provide one source, ICANN is a NFP, it has been for its entire existence, show me when bidders/donators have had a say in ICANN policy in the past.

>also,
>>ad h-h-hominem
I'm trying to have a conversation and you're acting like a liberal, arguing purely based on your feelings and when you can't refute literally anything I say you seem to resort to calling me names, I don't have a problem with it but it disincentivizes me reading one word of your posts which are already fucking stupid as it is.

it begins: twitter has already updated it's ToS.

>gets rekt like his Ausfag boyfriend

>passive aggressive greentext

>I'm still smug while you're both SEETHING

I knew today would be a good day.

And?

you haven't posted a single thing of substance yet you know

I said you stfu you fucking beaner! i already explained how italy was just half-niggers that were interbred with mudslimes, and how they then raped the euro-spaniards and then the spaniards raped the prarie niggers over here and BAM! .... mexico. thus, italy is a bunch of fucking mexicans, you dumb faggot.

you are the one arguing with the entire loaf :)
correcting the record, no doubt

Here's the thing.

You can rationally argue all your points, you're objectively correct in your current assessment, except for the fact that ICANN has been a US corporation and only subject to interference from the US government which, to this day, has been incredibly minor, almost nonexistent.

But you need to wise up and understand incrementalism, because that's the real fear here.

It will start with really, really small stuff that ICANN will do, with pressure from NGOs not governments.

The ability for influence to creep over the coming decades is what grips our hearts with fear.

>block diochan
>block the whole .it domain

One can only hope my dear anonimo.

It's the salient point but it's still only founded on conjecture, if you read through the thread or have been in any of these threads you'd think the internet was going to be shut down 11 hours ago.

neither have you faggot. All you've posted comes down to "LOL NO THAT'S NOT WHAT IT IS NOPE YOU'RE WRONG"

You Really Think Someone Would Do That? Just Go On the Internet and Tell Lies?
because you did
>posted NO sources
> claiming to be smug, which i am sure you are and that is because i am Barack Obama on a golf trip in italy

i already argued! so i must be right! PREACH! #woke
i corrected the record so much that they now hire anons on a shitty Cred Forums board from non-english speaking countries! you are totally right!

only if they took Youtube Italia e i quarantenni su facebook "KAFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEE!!!!" with them amico mio

>only sources I can find are clickbait

>still wants one

okay. source: me, a systems architect for one of the world's largest telecomm ISPs.

>what else are you bullshiting about

I'm trying to lay it out simply to people like you who have such strong opinions, but who's extent of internet knowledge at best extends to knowing what tertiary information you've picked up here. I'll give you another example. If Commonwealth Bank paid influence to Turnbull to pass a law that every Abbo gets three white women as sex slaves and you knew that CBA did it, you wouldn't be hounding on him as much as them. Even though to normies, it would have been the PMs decision, not the influencer. Make sense?

notice how only foreignfags defend the UN ceasing control?

dubs! kek be praz
>he spek trub
conbess ur crams b& kek will forgib

that's all the argument these shit posts deserve
if you seriously think the US relinquishing what vague semblance of "oversight" it had of some fucking DNS records somehow equates to LE END OF LE INTERNET then you need to get thrown into an overpass

>>only sources I can find are clickbait
>>still wants one
>okay. source: me, a systems architect for one of the world's largest telecomm ISPs.
You're not a source. It's like you're starting to actually agree with me by saying everything reporting the UN is taking control of ICANN is just clickbait, glad we can make some progress.

>I'm trying to lay it out simply to people like you who have such strong opinions, but who's extent of internet knowledge at best extends to knowing what tertiary information you've picked up here. I'll give you another example. If Commonwealth Bank paid influence to Turnbull to pass a law that every Abbo gets three white women as sex slaves and you knew that CBA did it, you wouldn't be hounding on him as much as them. Even though to normies, it would have been the PMs decision, not the influencer. Make sense?
Not an argument at all and now you're just starting to look window licking retarded instead of plain ignorant.

Because we're fucking Atlas propping the whole thing up you double nigger faggot

this

>Guys like nothing happened you all got upset for nothing.
>Muh happenings
>ICANN isn't the UN
>Computer illiterate
>You don't own the internet
>You basically own the internet so we want to take that authority from you

Most people would die if you just suddenly handed them a bottle if antidote and then shot them with a poison dart

Only the few that knew what the antidote was and how to use it would survive

This is about traffic, not blocking 100% of the internet you retard

EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER POSTED ON THIS BOARD IS SATIRE AND DOES NOT REFLECT MY REAL LIFE POLITICAL VIEWS. I WAS SIMPLY "TROLLING"

Incrementalism is the same reason we have 16 oz coke seen as the regular these days, and absolutely no one's given a fuck about it.

Doesn;t make it anymore right though, just more dangerous.

>inb4 muh slippery slope

If you look at all social change throughout the history of the world, it's mostly incrementalism.

Once they take the guns it is all over. We are powerless.

I'd argue working in that industry provides some insight as to how the components of "the internet" come together.

This development takes us into uncharted waters as far as the web goes. It's absolutely possible that everything will proceed splendidly into the future, but we know very little as far as to what governance it will specifically be subject to, and what influences it will be at risk of.

The allocation of names and numbers is not something to trifle with

Slippery slopes do exist in some scenarios.

As for social change, would you say that every last bit of it has been entirely beneficial? Remember where you are too, shilling won;t work here.

>DURRRR ITS NO BIG DEAL GIVING ICANN MORE INDEPENDENCE DURRRRRRRR

>I'd argue working in that industry provides some insight as to how the components of "the internet" come together.
I'm not arguing that, simply that making some claim on an anonymous image board doesn't add credence to a position which is factually incorrect.

At any rate technical knowledge doesn't amount to knowledge of policy or organizational structure, as he has clearly demonstrated.

>The allocation of names and numbers is not something to trifle with
Yes, but why would anything change? IANA has been under ICANN policy for almost 20 years, ICANN has been indepedant since inception, there's no reason to think anything will change.

you know, cognitive dissonance such as yours is a very liberal thing. I'm starting to think you're an Abbo fucking poofter bogan leftist shill

I'm still waiting, what's the factually correct situation, as you're obviously the authority? Source, please.

cool story drongo

Shill status: ZYKLON BEN GARRISONED!

>doesn't amount to knowledge of policy
no argument there, only meant in reference to national network topologies and the relationships between the positions/decisions of ICANN/IANA and impacts on said networks.

>but why would anything change?
It probably wont, personally I think the fact that it was under de-facto USA control gave some reassurance it's principles would be upheld due to the 1st amendment perceptions

He gets more and more based with every comic

>yfw he read the Soros International PMC thread

you do realize that china has been doing this for ages? Before this retarded HABBENING

Ihan meillä kotosuomessakin on blokattu DNS joiltakin sivustoilta kuten esim. piratebay.

Lol, they could only come up with that? Not much of a yard sale...

>not even spell checked