I work in shipping and everybody's long-term worry is that globalization is over and global trade is going to decline...

I work in shipping and everybody's long-term worry is that globalization is over and global trade is going to decline (it's already stagnant).

They're all worried that all these megaships they've invested billions in are going to be chasing too few cargoes and make no money or return on their investment.
Already fleet growth far outpaces non-existent trade growth and the sector is facing its biggest crisis in decades.

Is globalization and global trade really over, Cred Forums?
Is Trump and Brexit and such just the tip of the iceberg that is coming?

Is this even a good thing? Obviously not for people like me who work in this sector, but overall for society, is it good or bad?

Also you may have noticed less Greeks shitposting, we've been banned on Cred Forums as a country since 9/11

I bought a pass now that they're on discount just so I could talk to you guys again

We have been invaded and have a war to fight, economic disasters work in our favour.

Certain countries regaining their sovereignty is not going to affect trade in general, but it might affect deadbeat countries like yours

>I bought a pass just so I could talk to you guys

:3

There's nothing wrong with global trade. It's good for everyone, and it's something that should be encouraged.

But not at the expense of national sovereignty or a nation's own citizens. Trade is important, but it's not everything.

Why don't they just stop building new ships?

Nationalism and national sovereignity won't put an end to global trade

People are starting to realize that globalization is just a fancy word for a global monopoly.

Trade will still exists, just the giant global corporate monopolies won't.

Maybe if you pay your debts we can discuss letting greeks back onto Cred Forums.

Why was Greece banned from posting?

>Already fleet growth far outpaces non-existent trade growth and the sector is facing its biggest crisis in decades.

I was surprised when I learned how shitty the cargo biz is. You'd think that would be a money printing industry.

I heard they were just overleveraged though, and that a slight slump killed them.

> globalization is over and global trade is going to decline (it's already stagnant).

I think the core problem was always the idea that profits could grow a set percent every year for infinity.

I mean anyone can figure out the issue, the numbers just get to high to sustain growth.

But there's no plan for a cooldown, small growth, stable society. They're desperate to keep the gravy train coming.

1) A debt economy that stalls, implodes. Everything is leveraged on future profits. If debtors actually came calling for their money the entire system collapses.
2) Real wages, adjusted for inflation, have been stagnant since the 1970s. All profit since then has gone to the absolute richest. Meaning we have almost half a century of profit in the pocket of rich fucks who don't care what happens to the rest of us.
3) Said fucks are busy importing millions to the west because while they'll contribute nothing, they can be loaded with debt. That's the reason they're so set on having a positive age pyramid, so the youngest generation can always load more debt than the oldest, thus sustaining the system.

I think it's just a bandaid at best. I would guess the rich are preparing already, and hoping that the coming genocides will distract people enough that we don't get a repeat of the french revolution. Soros wants to keep his head.

ITT: Cred Forums discusses global recession

>project a certain amount of growth over several decades
>invest in capacity for said projected growth
>it doesn't materialize because of an economic depression
>overcapacity causes competition to increase and revenue to shrink
>IT'S ALL OVER GLOBALIZATION HAS ENDED
The people you work with are fucking retarded.

Fucking this.
>but muh constant growth
If you have to destroy nations to fuel your profits then your company is fucking evil. Volk over moneybags you cuckservative scum.

The Chinese are building new ships to prop up failing shipyards and to keep the ball rolling and make sure nobody starts a domino of defaults on the overexposed banks

Others are building new ships because they have easy bank/fund financing available, and there are hefty commissions and fees to be made for everyone involved - the banker handing out the loan, the brokers who fix the deal with the shipyard, even the shipowner himself may get a little something out of the fund's money.
And if things go bad, no one is at fault. At worst the ship will be auctioned, and on a large scale the bank may go bust. The taxpayer will bail it out, no worries.

In short, for those with connections to bankers and fund managers, there's no real incentive to stop ordering new ships.

Why were you banned?

>globalization = global trade

you're a retard and you don't work in shipping

Dunno I tried to post the Hillary seizure video on 9/11 before there were other threads about it and the whole country got banned.

I asked on /qa/ a few times and nobody replied why, other Greeks said all ISPs except a mobile one were banned.

because once you halt one of the gears in the mechanism, it all goes downhill. Shipyards would need to close down, people lose jobs and so they won't consume, prime materials are less wanted and so become less profitable, etc

Would've rather it be the Canadians desu.

Baltic Dry index is still through the floor, Lloyd's of London is tracking a lot of loopers, and there's that fucking mothball fleet down by Indonesia or some damn place.

I remember this. Is around the time some boating accident happened that supposedly involved someone on Hillary's staff or something. Weird story.

My area is range banned from starting threads too.

Let's see if maek think

And my triple double repeating digits confirm.

Praise Kek.

oh, i didnt know market fundamentals were so shaky in logistics. Thanks for the headsup greekbro
>mfw next economic crisis will be due to either tech or transportation bubble burst
What companies will go to hell first in shipping?
Will China finally be kill?

Quick Troop-Ship conversion will be quite the market soon.

the dominoes are all falling into place

it is only going to keep growing

Oil prices continuing to fall IN SPITE of a recent OPEC move to cut production, says otherwise. This is one of the most reliable indicators of global demand. For oil, obviously, but everything else along with it as well.

There is an opening in the market for transporting dindus back to their third world shitholes though.

All those rapefugess...

the fall in oil prices makes transport and production cheaper, it means growth. it just coincided right now with other factors and recessions

moreover, several developing countries will start inevitably growing thus the answer of wether global trade will decline is a big no

Send em back in cargo crates

There's too many ships and not enough cargo to haul.
They should have forseen this and stopped building the ships

>I think the core problem was always the idea that profits could grow a set percent every year for infinity.

This is the logistics of cancer. It's literally impossible to a trivial analysis. Toothpaste sales can't grow at an exponential rate forever. Eventually the mass of Earth (within centuries) would need to be a ball of pure toothpaste expanding towards the stars at the speed of light.

It's an impossibility and is actively cancerous to every nation.

I have been posting from my PC without problems for the past 2 years
He's a retard, don't fall for his lies

But you get called a commie for pointing this out.

That's a funny image to picture

One thing to take into account though, is that no company will last until infinity. Let's use the toothpaste example.

Peoples idea of good toothpaste will change over time. Collgate, for example, might be able to keep up on the trends for a while, but eventually a new company will pop up giving something to the customers that collgate won't be able to give them. Collgate goes out of business, a large marketshare opens, and that gap is filled by various minor companies that will then start growing. Toothpaste wont be growing to infiinity, but the tech behind toothcare will always change

>Is globalization and global trade really over, Cred Forums?

They are two different things, retard.

It's a global bubble.

Yeah, what happened with them?

>globalization and global trade really over, Cred Forums?
i think the jewry would fall down on their asses laughing if they heard someone claim the globalization is over

the decline you might see is the decline in REAL trade, jewry doesn't like real trade and industry much, they prefer virtual stuff like currencies where you can steal money just by printing papers