Do you identify foremost with your ethnicity or your nationality?

Pick one and only one,
you can explain and elaborate if you like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwWbTE8vxro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are only three races. I identify with my race because that is more permanent than culture. The Australian half a world away is more like me than the nigger living next door.

but we are like that due to your nations expansive and intrusive culture.

I was only a national in the past, then pol happened, and now I'm just lost at what I should be....

I want to learn italian and then go back to my genetic roots, but I just am not sure if Italy will be Italy until then, making that effort look useless

If I moved to any white country and had children, they would grow up exactly like the white people in that country. Culture is just a group of accepted ideas. Race are actual mental and physical characteristics that can not be changed. Even white boys with dreadlocks who rap all day will never think the same way a nigger does.

i'm not disagreeing with you, I was just saying our culture has been affected by yours due to your nations influence not your ethnicity or race

what do you feel is right for you?
have you ever lived in Italy?
the image you have of your ethnical home is probably slightly romanticized

Ideas can permeate other countries of course and people may act differently because of it.

But you can not tell me that abos in your own country are more like you than I am. IQ shows genetic differences in the way races think.

Reminder that the definition of ethnicity was changed to better suit specific agendas

Nationality first, ethnicity second. Plenty of based Americans of all shades.

Ethnicity. I don't care about being Canadian at all.

I wasn't but i'm still less American than the negroes who has lived in your country for generations

I think you understand the concept though.
genetics/background or location/country

It's just small things. I know how to make some cuisine like Capelete, my whole family is really loud in family reunions compared to a lot of other brazilians which was something I loved since I was small, then I learned that was an italian trait, which makes me want to meet more people like that. Also, my surname is italian and distant relatives with the same surname in Italy wanted to talk to us here in Brazil, but language barrier kind of killed it. But you might be right, maybe it's just romanticized and I would hate it if I lived in Italy

Modern definitions specifically claim that heredity and genes/race have anything to do with ethnicity.

The switch occurred surprisingly right after WW2

*do not have

Both, don't mess with my country, don't mess with whitey.

I could be wrong.
Italy is very romantic though.
*Warm autumn breeze through the Tuscan countryside, sipping wine near the vineyards.
Smell of roasted capsicums and Italian cheese

Something that the Jews obviously don't believe about themselves. A Jew who converts to Buddhism remains a Jew in the eyes of other Jews, which means there is absolutely a biological component to ethnicity. Nothing new, I guess.

Nationality isn't where you're born. Nationality is synonymous to ethnicity.

A nigger born in Europe is never going to be part of the continent. They're just an African who live in a white country.
Their ethnicity is African. Their nationality is African.

And the threads turned into a Nazi/Jew circlejerk.
the concept remains the same.
what are you? who or where?

>Fucking Semantics
Are you a Latvian if you were born in Latvia but your parents are Polish?

I am a white Texan, in that order.

So ethnicity is more relevant than national identity

I'm not a Nazi at all. The simple fact is that the Jewish academia in the US specifically played a significant role in dismantling any concept of racial or ethnic identity among the majority demographic because it was clearly in their interest, as an ethnic/racial minority, to do so. Read some of the some of Reich's stuff, especially his "Mass Psychology of Fascism". This isn't some conspiracy theory and it's not "Nazi" to hold the Jews accountable for their subversive behaviour.

I'm Portuguese and Catholic. That's my identity.

That entirely depends on whether you are operating under a civic or ethnic understanding of nationality. The latter has been essentially renounced in the west for the past 70 years. Actually, it goes well beyond that because the French Revolution was the first to clearly articulate the idea of a national identity which excludes any ethnic or racial component. Even their revolutionary cousins, the Americans, didn't go that far.

Yes, but they are both important. When you remove both, you end up with a grey glob of globalism.

Race matters more than ethnicity or nationality. But for White Americans, race is our nation anyways.

If I assimilate, adopt the language and culture.
Race is the most important thing when it comes to a nation, after that it's language, religion and culture.

Family > Race > Country > God (if you're a fag and believe in God)

So a nation is its genetic makeup?

Race as in pure irish or in a broad sense of race, like white?

This chart is a vast oversimplification. I identify with my birth country but also with its culture. I don't give a shit about my ethnicity.

Again, it depends on the definition of "nationality" or "national identity" you're working with. Ethnicity and nationality are not mutually exclusive. The renunciation of national identity founded upon ethnicity is a recent contrivance. They have the capacity to exist together in a complimentary fashion, much more cohesively, in my view, than nationality based upon social contracts.

For me, it's very simple. I don't give a fig about Canada and the fact that I'm subjected to the same laws and afforded the same rights as other Canadians doesn't stimulate the least sense of brotherhood or solidarity with them. It means nothing.

Yeah a few people have brought that up.
the basic concept is
"do you identify more so as a citizen of the country your in, or a member of your genetic pool"

Nation translates to ''ethnos''. It means ''people''. It's the people, shared race, shared culture.

A nation is not the dirt under you feet.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwWbTE8vxro

the broad sense

being irish would fall under country

This is actually fucking retarded, because I don't identify with most Europeans, with whom I share my lineage with, nor do I identify with most minorities in my nation.

False dichotomy, bitch.

So genetic makeup is more important than location.
cool, thanks.
Also where is the line? as in where does Caucasian end and Arab/Asian/African etc. start, genetically and geographically?

Nevada fag here. Visited a friend in Austin. Went to a whataburger extremely drunk. Saw two black people get in a fight inside. I dumped about a quarter of the ketchup container on to the counter. 10/10 best burger experience of all time

Neither. It will always be my answer.

No, it's more than biology. It's culture, it's morality and values, it's customs and social norms, and it's a true sense of community and shared interests. Biology is important but it's not all-encompassing. I imagine I would feel more comfortable around Catholic Filipinos than I would around WASPs, in spite of the fact that I am biologically closer to the latter.

That's cool.
Do you treat others the same? I feel it would be hard to treat all people equally and without any bias if their race and nationality was a determining factor of how you should approach them.

That's an interesting point that I should have included in the OP,
thanks.

That's Austin.
Fuck Austin.
Whataburger is godlike though.

>Do you treat others the same?
Of course not. Depending on mood or past experience, I naturally act differently towards different people in different situations. I'm a bit more passive at first, seeing what someone says and does.

Nationality first and only really. I'm biracial (half black and half white) and the "no racial identity" meme is kinda real. All I know ancestry wise is that my mother and her immediate family are Jamaican immigrants and that my dad is from Michigan and his immediate family is french Canadian.

The only time I identify as my ethnicity is when I want to drop a bombshell on leftists i'm debating with. Mother is caramel skin colored so i'm white as fuck, have a lot of my father's facial features, and I cut my afro extremely low. It's fun to debate people who buy into "evul cis white male" maymay and lump me in that category. I honestly do think though that black people in the USA seeing themselves as AFRICAN Americans rather than just Americans is a negative thing.

>ethnicity == culture

Fuck off cunt.

muh heritage

In Australia the aboriginals are known for being hostile and drunk. I know aboriginals who are nothing like that, not many mind you, but it still plays into how I initially react when I see an aboriginal. Are there any certain groups of people (racially) that you treat different (based on previous experience/stereotypes)?

Only if they act with an obvious front of hostility.

Mad Illusions by Tedy Andreas > Family

>seeing themselves as AFRICAN Americans rather than just Americans.
That's the idea that made me want to make this thread.
Do you think that if you were of only one race that you would be more race orientated in your identity?

At that place and time, you mean?

By ethnicity do you mean English, British or European in the Australian context?

When i think of ethnicity, I think of Aryan, Scandinavian, Anglo, etc. America is a big mix of all that shit, mostly German and English, but still a large mix. With those definitions Cred Forums Americans would have to say nationality, because they don't have roots back to their home countries.

European's could do either. If you wanted to make it more broad and say Race instead of ethnicity then I could do that.

Yeah. But to be fair, I don't live in a poor neighborhood. Minorities in my area don't act like fucking animals.

I guess you could say the one thing I could identify with is class status.

>identifying with socially constructed categories over which you are not responsible

Neither. Fuck you. Google

I identify with my race above all else. Could give a shit less about America because as a white male they couldn't care less about me.

I thought so too but a lot of Anons here don't.
Upper-Middle?
Do you have relatives that are like the stereotypes?
Most pol threads generally turn into a discussion about those categories.

>Do you have relatives that are like the stereotypes?
Eh, yes. Liberal, white, highly educated.

Am I getting compensated for my input?

By race do you mean Caucasian?

I mean white you nigger.

Only in an anons appreciation.

It's hard to say because i'm pretty much speculating about alternate realities. I'd say that if I was an American white I would not and if I was an American black I would only because that is how I think the majority of society is like currently for us.

Culturally (or maybe sub-culturally) there is a definitive separation between the two but they do interlink a lot.
it seems that they are drifting further apart, does it seem that way to you?
i'm only saying that from what I see on media from aus though.

And we're like that due to your mother nation's intrusive culture.

I meant I think we're more Americanised than British now culturally.

Ethnicity, Stockholmers/Storswänsken can fuck themselves desu, the Nation is in second place though, too bad the stockholmers are fucking it up

Nationality. I'm first and foremost American, but I still do partake in certain cultural events related to my ethnicity, mostly German and Jap stuff. But I was born in America, so I identify with that most.

Are swedes from Stockholm a different ethnicity? I don't really know much about Sweden.

Nationality.

As far as I see it, our niggers and spics are currently stuck in a cultural purgatory -- trapped between the retarded memes of their old cultures and that of American culture.

If retarded White people would stop coddling them everything would be progressing factor.

Niggers don't know it but Cred Forums is trying to help them more than retarded liberals, we at least call out niggers when we see them.

If this continues for much longer though without improvement I will switch to ethnicity, we can't have a majority nigger/spic country controlling nukes.

It seems like there is a deep chasm of separation with small wobbly rope bridges joining them together to me. It doesn't even seem like it is really mostly Black vs. White culture to me. It generally seems to me like it is successful vs. unsuccessful culture and the races just gets assigned over that. I fell for the "if you have black in you that means you get to act retarded, speak broken English, wear your pants showing your butt, ect ect..." crap back in high school. I even have this memory, which torments me to this day, where I told a black teammate (was on the school basketball team) who spoke eloquently and cared about their GPA that "for a black guy you sure act really white". I went to a fairly good school in a fairly good neighborhood so I realized near the end of High School that unsuccessful "black" culture wasn't the one I was around and that it wouldn't lead me be successful later in life.

Culture>Nationality>Race> Religion

I identify more with people who act like me and share my values.

I identify more with people who act like me, share my values, and are from the same country.

I identify with people who act like me, share my values, are from the same country, and look like me.

I identify with people who act like me, share my values, are from the same country, and look like me.

If all above is the same, I identify with people of the same religion.

Caveat: People who look the same (i.e Whites) share the same culture (Europa) and race (white) and religion (Christian). Blacks only share nationality (USA, ect) and religion (Christian) with other whites. Since whites share more with whites from other countries than blacks do with whites from their own country, whites identify more with other whites from other countries and view blacks as GOOGLES.

Ethnicity