I want to read a book that will improve my life

I'm a skeptic and cynic, however this doesn't exactly provide a way to live life, it just makes you question and criticize everything.

So I want to read something that will allow me to think of life in a different way.

Perhaps some books about asceticism, stoicism? Maybe something buddhist, to be more content with life, which is always suffering?

Perhaps downright nihilism to stop giving a shit about the absurd life we live?

Thanks/

Other urls found in this thread:

google.es/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisHp_1DbOCY7Y6oeJv8Pm3ewt4sOcJbEVAf2srxQJSQkxjtN-RpAORwTADmf0YsAcEVwGHytRexhZBah09aHTHuRLOW39ZVjKdSvqdmp36lU5JbzKgp9T7xLgiqPNLJ7y3L7VMapCekrUbNn5V5tXcoTYHTQXNdkcyUvi8L5Dywp7L_161ZXnK_1cY48_1OcvWSgNS5WQmhWQngEJdxN36zihy7tumuJw1eGnhHc_1SY4gIt5da1Mk5_15igsKmN_18axAHnTa9CWXJRESOgqJ312mqD2m5ArRzltVQbwRIJfKj97P_1y8swGFkw7pO9FkPJ3T70XSWhzPHqGH_1P4QIdi7fLIBppqma48GFziONXfXi2yjYLuDddy4rnMsXs8ej3NVegoj19NIeAl9gocW9_1FTUgW8INMyTZJml-l3plmjvQFeyd9IBP43HdQYLQ27iFmWooGYH1qAhE6FdDuBmUAww0ML7cIkgdOMjAbS4llpSXoWnoPijkEa8-W4XcFUxYyfny_1qtoPffDlkONgm9gXB2x71IIFGClY6BTuIziHVE6deEcXeVpBtZOPHewUP-7xbWA0P-nzIC38NLxbygTe711BZ7j5IR35msbPJUw9w4joFKuwse3FB-3wUvHB3oUNo5y8tASp8XEje3-Dl1dlgr7ak4ilSC9KRlpcA0sSVtyIok0aVGGnhwGDEyIkuaHFT9iWqURKmNJzLLd_163tSM55rpphfJCclYJSb396LIH_1CrzjDoQLHfLsT7B-nOGf2vx1H-FFbqsdYRGRSuVfXfXyKFAuG-arBRbW5znueIhYShx6Vdiif_1ZTRGBEPZbYWWa1XUMGaxO1ci06V7NqMn6BySBj3E-WS7EgBvzOB9aUF_1VLHaD8zAvJC5iHrY09FR326rC_1SqPFeuk_1CUiYYTzg4ICjvkHx6KwsNKok6yMR_1O3Meu3LYg9KBi95x6szsGB5-iXTbSjMZcNI0GK4Zih8hg3BNTXC43pbRadc919rxrkTLmnd92hWzJjhNzFGfyNKmdAB-1hiZRntbsfff5SKAIeFobYAvDE4BkDBXasHr53VujuRRHZ06yzerDsp7rl5J-_1co8PB5VzjMcpf97YyilxGNrwtvMgFtbqC0LhwtYIzeB3FO_1sB4xRFP7wHqZXSJZ734BjMaiHgp64QqmUCM0mX6ymJV48CcEnO9MaZ4znEQyqCkUZo4mQ7OB0_18VLqJ4TpXbwVW6YPoQtwP4wqTREbNVTAJ6cC8-fOjBaJiPSx5px0kApMEJF5herGTMJ-ftLBOMdCydWENFwBtxPm14Oqm1zZz8OPwBMvwQd7jwKyVRLN8FcONeqLxEXw6Dhaz0K5BHrYQytboFqiw9kzJmE675efSTQZLRz0LcPlOXAHn-Av1y4Mst5p5qdCnV8Ao2Gup0_1BcalLNFJcoE-8xqz46ciXLSdM7ul2qG8oWfSkcUPBdu6UUNk_1CcfX-Y4aOR4NyISpBrWHGjnqd4L18786IKf4Fr2kQAmEQ6FtlTkFXRIqbbxSKpv3HcptWIa_1OQ-oJuJIWYxxs-MvynwhFXe-XBrlWeJyz9c8Br0F5p7t9Y5LMmy39LjfmxhAfOszAdSntAVB3_1m7JCnzm8bJ8OihRDbIYYqYL2Ycl3k_172W1P75B9gwzebsBAil6NkdVgWOh_1qmwHNBM3H-rD-BIxJqXmDRvU_1TFp0TnpI5UiS_1ia1XVXGGvHVscAHjZfn2j7sh-YLM28bqYCktBFhILxFcUxg-36lIbcW9Hs7Dc_1WmC8_1y2YtQSf2xcwPet-Cm_1tgkBUsf&gws_rd=cr&ei=VRXxV_7DH47levnbl8gE
youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qm--InMLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Think and grow rich". Not a joke.

You're so in tune with yourself bro

Read bhagwad Gita and tons of western philosophers if you want something closer home.

And honestly you have to find your own meaning, some people know what they want in life and they have a career in it and most of us arnt that lucky so what you can do is work hard and earn lots of money and do what you like in free time.

Life isn't a video game, you don't have a guide or walk through, you have to live it. It's not all black and white, let go of hatred and fear and learn to live

>Think and grow rich
Well, that's something.

Read "be here now"

>You're so in tune with yourself bro

and that new muslim immigrant is so in tune with your girlfriends pussy

>So I want to read something that will allow me to think of life in a different way.

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind - Jaynes
Poker Without Cards - Mack
Escape from Freedom - Fromm

Read the Rg Veda and the Baghavad Gita.

It's like de facto pol reading.

>reading anything other than 10,000 Cred Forums posts per day

Cred Forums Pass user since June 2016.

Tell me about the vedas and sutras and in what order to read.

Atlas Shurgged- Ayn Rand

You should check out some poetry..Bukowski is very good and also TS Eliot's "prufrock"
Personally i find eastern religions a little ridiculous. Camus' The Plague might be good as well

Anything by Donald J Trump

Pic without Pepe please. Fuck that frog i hate his smug face

Ted Kaczynski's manifesto. Had 21th anniversary lately and it's as on point as ever.

use reverse search:
google.es/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZisHp_1DbOCY7Y6oeJv8Pm3ewt4sOcJbEVAf2srxQJSQkxjtN-RpAORwTADmf0YsAcEVwGHytRexhZBah09aHTHuRLOW39ZVjKdSvqdmp36lU5JbzKgp9T7xLgiqPNLJ7y3L7VMapCekrUbNn5V5tXcoTYHTQXNdkcyUvi8L5Dywp7L_161ZXnK_1cY48_1OcvWSgNS5WQmhWQngEJdxN36zihy7tumuJw1eGnhHc_1SY4gIt5da1Mk5_15igsKmN_18axAHnTa9CWXJRESOgqJ312mqD2m5ArRzltVQbwRIJfKj97P_1y8swGFkw7pO9FkPJ3T70XSWhzPHqGH_1P4QIdi7fLIBppqma48GFziONXfXi2yjYLuDddy4rnMsXs8ej3NVegoj19NIeAl9gocW9_1FTUgW8INMyTZJml-l3plmjvQFeyd9IBP43HdQYLQ27iFmWooGYH1qAhE6FdDuBmUAww0ML7cIkgdOMjAbS4llpSXoWnoPijkEa8-W4XcFUxYyfny_1qtoPffDlkONgm9gXB2x71IIFGClY6BTuIziHVE6deEcXeVpBtZOPHewUP-7xbWA0P-nzIC38NLxbygTe711BZ7j5IR35msbPJUw9w4joFKuwse3FB-3wUvHB3oUNo5y8tASp8XEje3-Dl1dlgr7ak4ilSC9KRlpcA0sSVtyIok0aVGGnhwGDEyIkuaHFT9iWqURKmNJzLLd_163tSM55rpphfJCclYJSb396LIH_1CrzjDoQLHfLsT7B-nOGf2vx1H-FFbqsdYRGRSuVfXfXyKFAuG-arBRbW5znueIhYShx6Vdiif_1ZTRGBEPZbYWWa1XUMGaxO1ci06V7NqMn6BySBj3E-WS7EgBvzOB9aUF_1VLHaD8zAvJC5iHrY09FR326rC_1SqPFeuk_1CUiYYTzg4ICjvkHx6KwsNKok6yMR_1O3Meu3LYg9KBi95x6szsGB5-iXTbSjMZcNI0GK4Zih8hg3BNTXC43pbRadc919rxrkTLmnd92hWzJjhNzFGfyNKmdAB-1hiZRntbsfff5SKAIeFobYAvDE4BkDBXasHr53VujuRRHZ06yzerDsp7rl5J-_1co8PB5VzjMcpf97YyilxGNrwtvMgFtbqC0LhwtYIzeB3FO_1sB4xRFP7wHqZXSJZ734BjMaiHgp64QqmUCM0mX6ymJV48CcEnO9MaZ4znEQyqCkUZo4mQ7OB0_18VLqJ4TpXbwVW6YPoQtwP4wqTREbNVTAJ6cC8-fOjBaJiPSx5px0kApMEJF5herGTMJ-ftLBOMdCydWENFwBtxPm14Oqm1zZz8OPwBMvwQd7jwKyVRLN8FcONeqLxEXw6Dhaz0K5BHrYQytboFqiw9kzJmE675efSTQZLRz0LcPlOXAHn-Av1y4Mst5p5qdCnV8Ao2Gup0_1BcalLNFJcoE-8xqz46ciXLSdM7ul2qG8oWfSkcUPBdu6UUNk_1CcfX-Y4aOR4NyISpBrWHGjnqd4L18786IKf4Fr2kQAmEQ6FtlTkFXRIqbbxSKpv3HcptWIa_1OQ-oJuJIWYxxs-MvynwhFXe-XBrlWeJyz9c8Br0F5p7t9Y5LMmy39LjfmxhAfOszAdSntAVB3_1m7JCnzm8bJ8OihRDbIYYqYL2Ycl3k_172W1P75B9gwzebsBAil6NkdVgWOh_1qmwHNBM3H-rD-BIxJqXmDRvU_1TFp0TnpI5UiS_1ia1XVXGGvHVscAHjZfn2j7sh-YLM28bqYCktBFhILxFcUxg-36lIbcW9Hs7Dc_1WmC8_1y2YtQSf2xcwPet-Cm_1tgkBUsf&gws_rd=cr&ei=VRXxV_7DH47levnbl8gE

just copy the right side of the picture into OP's

First read the four vedas then the upanishads. You can find them online

As for other stuff just read ramayana translated versions and mahabharata. Even if you don't find philosophy on them they make for great fantasy reads.

- Siddhartha
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Dharma Bums

Don't read On the Road. It's sucks cock, literally.

This.

On the road is great

bump

>make money
>Smoke weed
>Fuck
>die
Thats it

48 Laws of Power was a good read, but not sure if it's what you're looking for.

Just started reading "The Genealogy of Morals" and enjoying it so far. Nietzsche is critical of why we hold certain things to be morally justified.

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius is classic Stoic reading, and high on my reading list.

7 Habits of Highly Effective People was decent, but a lot of it I already did/knew just from my own experience.

Read Rilke

>inb4 I can't into poetry

>fuck
how do i finally get to this step ;_;

try smoking weed

by not wanting it so much

You sure are demanding for a desert monkey turk.

England...get your dog off me!

This. Then one day (maybe after you finally have had sex) you realize that it's not a big deal and begin to occupy your mind with more interesting things.

bump

So read a book then, what the fuck do you want from us?

read seneca

Slaughterhouse-Five

And even more spiritual

Cat's Cradle

>it just makes you question and criticize everything

Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman is the greatest work of American literature

>Perhaps some books about asceticism, stoicism? Maybe something buddhist, to be more content with life, which is always suffering?

Meditations, Marcus Aurelius
Mindfulness in Plain English
The Doctrine of Awakening, Evola
The Everlasting Man, Chesterton

>Perhaps downright nihilism to stop giving a shit about the absurd life we live?

Won't help you goy. Don't bother with it.

A New Earth

Good, practical, every day philosophy

>Bhagavad Gita

I've just started reading it and it's a fucking amazing piece of literature straight from the get-go. You just need to read it with a good interpretation to get the full meaning of the text.

Even Oppenheimer approves
youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac

Haven't touched any WW, what's his style? Difficult? Type of narrative?

Very accessible imo

b

Zhuangzi

>Evola

Prometheus Rising

What Men Know That Women Don't by Rich Zubaty

C++ Primer

I would start with The New Testament in the Bible, really meditate on the words of Our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ. God Bless you brother.

Only if you look at Jesus as a Yogi who likes to lick young coochies and heal the sick (sinners) to restore the golden era of "water sports" with attractive people (non-sinners).

Doctrine of Awakening is genuinely the best introduction to Buddhism I could have asked for.

seducers diary by soren kierkegaard

was a pretty nice read imo

Reading that right now

Absurdism is the way to go.

The Myth of Sisyphus is a collection of essays, so it describes the philosophy in a very direct way.

If you like examining philosophies through a novel, then you can't go wrong with The Stranger.

Let's set something opposite to what you're requesting to balance out what you're reading.

For family values and tradition:

Prose Edda: all, esp. Gylfaginning
Poetic Edda: voluspa, havamal, volundarkvitha, baldrs draumar all of the volsung lays. I heartily suggest reading the whole thing.

Pay good attention to the theme of there being cycles: in life, in seasons, in the universe and how the characters do their duty even though they know that they can't--and in a way don't want to--stop the progression of time and inevitable change/failure. Might just snap you out if whatever you're going through.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qm--InMLQ

>I want to read a book that will improve my life

say no more honeybuns

poopoo peepee

definitely going to check this out, thanks

Read the Bible it will change your life

>progression of time and inevitable change/failure

To make it more clear:

progression of time and inevitable change and possibly failure

Power of Now from eckhart tolle, really great book.

Tao te ching

just b yourself m8

I'd recommend buying a King James study Bible and just randomly flicking through and reading from where ever.

Read some Marcus Aurelios, Seneca and Epictetus for some healthy dose of stoicism. If you just want a story with a nice message read Siddharta by Herman Hesse too.

The stranger and the myth of sisyphus by Albert Camus gave me some extra insight on life and purpose too, though people seem to think those books are depressing.

Just read a lot of shit honestly, pretty much every book can give you some insight if you're looking for it.

Hitler's War Biography by David Irving

Now you must.

Rape

This, in addition to Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

take some acid or shrooms and listen to electronic music sets from people like nicolas jaar

You mean Tony Schwartz.

#GorillaMindset

Gorilla Mindset

I really thought it's gonna be shit due to the cover looking so cheap, and the fact it's self published
but it's a really good book
basically: How To Stop Being a Cuck

I read a lot of philosophy and am reading the Bhagavad Gita (the "as it is" version) now- I'm not really getting that much from it. Like, it seems like a good thing to read a little of in the morning because it might motivate you to be less distracted by contemporary decadence, but that's about it. I'm 2/3 through at least and it seems like all it's about at its core is Krishna consciousness and how we should just chant Hare Krishna because alternative methods of reaching Brahman- the yogas- are otherwise uncertain, or unlikely, to work. What am I missing?

The Celestine Prophecy (1993). It's one of those short reads but must reads. Great story that as the protagonist learns more about himself, so does you the reader.

Entheogens. All the books recommended here will make so much more sense after you've had a couple of good psychedelic sessions under your belt.

This is the way of the modern intellectual.

Give it time, it deals with some pretty deep shit as you progress through book. I'm an athiest, but that book changed my life.

This.

Read Rilke's letters to a young poet too, fucking amazing.

No one suggested MEIN KAMPH? I'm so proud of you guys.

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki

Don't stock up on too many books though, it's like medicine, you only take enough to be effective.

Just start by reading Camus' myth of Sisyphus online- it's like a 5 minute read- and see if you dig it.

Also if you like philosophical novels try Dostoevsky's notes from the underground. It's basically him taking Kantian ethical philosophy and bringing it to it's logical limits in narrative form. Also worth noting it's only a couple hundred pages max.

here you go user.
the ego is a lie
throw off the chains of introspective-jew

Quran

The Slight Edge.

>Don't stock up on too many books though, it's like medicine, you only take enough to be effective.
dunno about that, I read something like book/3 weeks,( depending what kind, how long, time, etc. ) and see this as quite good "dose". ( to me, at least ) The only thing is, it has become hard to pic new books, that will keep me interested, and gives new ideas.

Ew. Kike religions.

The Bible.

Ayn Rand is fucking retard.

"The Foundation for Exploration" is a book I wrote that is coming out in another month. It will guide you in the right direction. Believe me.

www.thefoundationpress.com

neitzsche
plato
socrates
kant

He just released a new book which is a reworking and expansion of his manifesto. The reviews say it's better organized and more coherent than the manifesto was while delivering basically the same message. Amazon and other bookseller are stocking it but make it nearly impossible to find in search results.

Both On the Road and Dharma Bums are great, stfu.

Try reading books on Eastern Orthodoxy. It is the religion of your people and the true Faith.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra