How can Texans defend this barbarism?

How can Texans defend this barbarism?

>Gilbert was tried for murder. Last Wednesday, a Texas jury ruled that his actions were legal. That’s because Texas penal code contains an unusual provision that grants citizens the right to use deadly force to prevent someone “who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property.”

>Texas A&M Professor Mark Hoekstra, who studies the effectiveness of lethal-force provisions in self-defense law, says the protection-of-property element of the deadly force law is “pretty unique to Texas.” Within Texas, however, the case was not unique. In 2010, the law protected a Houston taco-truck owner who shot a man for stealing a tip jar containing $20.12. Also in Houston, a store clerk recently killed a man for shoplifting a twelve-pack of beer, and in 2008 a man from Laredo was acquitted for killing a 13-year-old boy who broke into his trailer looking for snacks and soda.

>Texas law also justifies killing to protect others’ property. In 2007, a man told 14 times by a 911 operator to remain inside during a robbery gunned down two thieves fleeing from his neighbor’s house. (“There’s no property worth shooting somebody over, OK?” the operator said on the call. The shooter’s response: “The law has been changed….Here it goes, buddy! You hear the shotgun clickin’ and I’m goin’!”) He was acquitted the next year.

nation.time.com/2013/06/13/when-you-can-kill-in-texas/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbT1NHOMPt8&t=3s
chron.com/houston/article/Thieves-rob-Jersey-Village-Autozone-9518672.php
google.com/amp/nbc4i.com/2016/09/23/woman-kills-one-suspect-after-unloading-her-gun-during-home-invasion/amp/?client=safari
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow just wow

Don't B&E, don't get shot. Pretty simple really. When you consider how vastly empty parts of Texas are it's very understandable that killing a criminal who's fleeing would be for the best, you don't want some crooked fucker to hide out in the hills and murder you as you sleep because, from their perspective, you were rude enough to interrupt their robbery.

Based

You know why that law is there at night right? Because the chance of you ever getting your property back is much lower.

>Don't B&E, don't get shot
Pretty hard when people are literally starving

I should be able to shoot someone just for having Mexican license plates

>barbarism

It's more barbaric to tell a private citizen he must cower and beg "please don't hurt me--all the money is in the jar" when someone is stealing from him.

>people are literally starving
>in America
I don't habeeb it

Killing people over property is the definition of barbarism

>killing thieves is wrong

Maybe they shouldn't steal then.

Not everybody lives in your lily white suburb
Maybe you should check your privilege

>Pretty hard when people are literally starving

>stealing a tip jar containing $20.12
>shoplifting a twelve-pack of beer
>looking for snacks and soda

If I'm starving to death and I'm in front of a taco cart, I would probably ask the owner for nearly expired produce rather than stealing his money or I'd probably shoplift a staple food rather than some beer.

Don't try to steal shit and it wouldn't be a problem would it?

No this is:

noun
absence of culture and civilization.
"the collapse of civilization and the return to barbarism"
extreme cruelty or brutality.
"she called the execution an act of barbarism"

And robbing it isn't?

When you shill so hard you tell pol to check its privilege

yeah they're starving because they spend all their money on fucking jordans

>absence of culture and civilization.
I think killing people over property fits this
>extreme cruelty or brutality.
and this

Joe horn is great

No if you need to so you can survive
Corporate ad campaigns brainwash people

>told 14 times by a 911 operator
this means absolutely nothing
dispatchers like to pretend they matter but they have no authority

>"you hear the shotgun clicking and i'm going!"
fucking badass

So if someone stole your grandfather's watch you'd just wave to them as they ride off into the sunset? Because killing a theif is obviously more barbaric than thievery itself

this is how it should be
fuck thieves

Killing people over property has been a defining characteristic of civilization since the beginning.

>I think killing people over property fits this

GREAT OPINION. Can I come to your house and rob you?

>and this
It's cruel to protect your property? Make you are a faggot.

>There’s no property worth shooting somebody over, OK

Oh boy, we have cucked 911 operators now. This is a disaster. Sad!

>Corporate ad campaigns brainwash people

So now it's not their fault they buy shoes? What else isn't their fault?

I donated my grandfathers watch to the holocaust museum because he was a fucking fascist

>i take all your property
>you die?

Obviously, you've never worked for the things you own. You've never had the products of your labor stolen. Rot in a pit.

Well at least I know you're trolling now

>le told 14 times

Good thing that citizen didn't heed the words of a cucked nigger faggot like that operator or OP.

Now two dead criminals and the guy still has his stuff.

Great world.

based texas

Entire country needs those provisions. It doesn't matter how little something is worth, other people aren't entitled to my property.

so white people should be punished for prioritizing better then blacks?

you sound like a true liberal

>GREAT OPINION. Can I come to your house and rob you?
Sure my parents are fucking Drumpf supporters
I would laugh so fucking hard

As a Texan;
Don't steal, don't get shot. The fucking nigs should get on welfare like the rest of them if they need food.

This
This
This
And this

>What else isn't their fault?
Nothing
lrn2 systemic racism

Fortunately, there's a simple alternative: Don't steal people's shit.

Barbaring is cutting someone's hair... baka...

>The law has been changed….Here it goes, buddy! You hear the shotgun clickin’ and I’m goin’!
Based as fuck.

And no, I support this. I always assumed that I would be killed if I was dumb enough to try to break into my neighbour's house.

It's pretty simple, really: Don't steal, and your chances of getting shot go down drastically.

t. Texan

the full call is here

shooting is towards the end

>STEAL SHIT GET HIT
GET OUT NIGGERS

Reminds me of when some people condemned the Korean shopkeepers who defended their stores, homes, and families against gangbangers and looters. Amazing what some basic training, even unpracticed for decades, can accomplish.

Do you even know the amount of food that gets thrown out by restaurants and grocery stores thats still good? If you're "literally starving" then dumpster dive or go to a charity. They may not have laws that protect property down in Mexico but they do in Texas and its a model we should adopt throughout the states.

>government literally gives you money for being a nigger
>still have to rob and steal shit cause you spend all your farechecks on sneakers and cell phones
noose yourself you fucking nigger

>Texas penal code contains an unusual provision that grants citizens the right to use deadly force to prevent someone “who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property.”

Good. If only the rest of the world had the common sense that Texas had regarding guns...

How hard is it to get this in your tiny heads: if you don't wanna get killed, then DON'T. FUCKIN'. STEAL!

it's used to prevent them from fleeing the scene. there's nothing wrong with it and it's perfectly legal. also Texas is YUGE and its normal to drive for three hours and come across two 300 pop. towns an hour away from actual police and not just a sheriff

>Justify crime just cause you're poor.
Get food stamps you retard.

>defend this barbarism

You mean protecting your stuff?

>people not realizing how big Texas is
>people not realizing laws like this exist for small towns where the nearest police might be 45 minutes out

You're an intelligent white man, its hard to grasp your head around it but your average low IQ nigger thinks completely different than you and I.

They think very simply, only capable of processing a few thoughts at a time and pursuing them in a linear manner. Much of their life deals with satisfying immediate wants, like hunger, thirst, pleasure, and they are incapable of fully materializing the consequences of their actions.

you cant live off food stamps

>What are food banks
>What are charities
>What is work
>What is growing your own food

Nigger.

This man is a hero.

it should exist even if police station is beside your home

chances that my 12 gage will recover my property as a thief is fleeing with it is 1000x more likely than the police recovering it

even a pack of beer is worth more than a thief's life

Mind your own business cuck, sincerely Texas.

then sell things. get a fucking job maybe? go dumpster diving, it's legal in Houston and all of Texas id believe unless there's a private property sign on the actual dumpster.

Sure you can.

>The customer, who has a concealed handgun >license, pulled his gun and made the three >suspects get on the ground.

God Bless Texas

chron.com/houston/article/Thieves-rob-Jersey-Village-Autozone-9518672.php

Anyone against this hasn't ever been to rural texas. People out there live 45m or more from the nearest police station. If you can't shoot intruders legally, there would be no way to guarantee safety to yourself or your family

>don't steal anything
>don't get shot

It's that simple

It definitely should, I'm just clearing the air as to why the law was put into place

>steal from people
>get shot

Some Asian woman shot some armed niggers breaking into her home a week ago, she killed one. Fuck, my wife probably would've been cowarding and raped and our shit stolen in that situation. I should get her a gun.

google.com/amp/nbc4i.com/2016/09/23/woman-kills-one-suspect-after-unloading-her-gun-during-home-invasion/amp/?client=safari

good, can't wait till those laws are passed in leafland.

Who am I kidding, our politicians are too cucked for that.

What seems to be the problem? The law is working, much better than others I might add.

heres what you see
> a Houston taco-truck owner who shot a man for stealing a tip jar containing $20.12
heres what I see
>an owner shot someone for stealing
heres what you see
>a store clerk recently killed a man for shoplifting a twelve-pack of beer
heres what I see
>a clerk killed a killed someone for shoplifting
heres what you see
>in 2008 a man from Laredo was acquitted for killing a 13-year-old boy who broke into his trailer looking for snacks and soda
heres what I see
>a man killed someone who broke into his trailer

You are focusing way too much on the irrelevant details. The bottom line is stealing is wrong and we believe people have a right to protect their shit from being stolen and broken into.

We need those laws on a national level.

Of course you can't when your selling them for drug money and then cry.

(you)

If you're calling that barbarism, you're a weak cuck who doesn't see a need to defend the lives and property of you and your community's.

That's a violation of civil rights but a real cool one.

Stay in California and you won't have to worry about what Texas does. They don't want you there either.

So what exactly is the problem. I read your whole spiel and found nothing wrong except when you implied that a man willfully shot two men with a shotgun after consulting the police phone operator about a robbery. Obviously all is taken out of context to highlight that he seemed excited at the chance to legally kill two men. The police should have a quicker response time at the time in order to avoid these situations.

Welcome to Texas.

We'll shoot you here.

God I love texas

This is a bait thread, no one on Cred Forums thinks criminals have a right to live after breaking into a someone else's shit. OP is trying to sound like those California transplants in Austin that are not Texan and do not belong in this state.

Fuck off fatass.

I am living on food stamps right now. You don't need to live off steak dinners every night.

Not at all.

If you are ordered to exit your vehicle (due to probable cause of committing a crime or otherwise), an officer can break into your vehicle in order to apprehend you.

we're just supposed to advise the person to do whatever they think would be safest for them. No actual authority

t. emergency dispatcher

Letting people threaten your family and home without recourse is extremely shameful cowardice, and you should probably kill yourself for thinking otherwise.