Is anybody else burned out by modern civilization...

Is anybody else burned out by modern civilization? Like we were born into a rigged system where we have to slave away in order to pay to live. Whats stopping us from going off the grid and living like our ancestors did in a remote location? We could create our own society however we see fit without outside influence.

Other urls found in this thread:

greenmagichomes.com/magic-homes.php
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gvrt15v6Mc
nebraskaccess.ne.gov/freeland.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE
realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-tas-mangana-7849918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

then go back to africa tyrone, they have a huuuuge real estate mudhut market

>Whats stopping us from going off the grid and living like our ancestors did in a remote location?

Property taxes, and most people don't want to work their asses off just to be able to eat.

Truth be told, I'd rather live in a pre-modern society+modern medicine, but I was born in this era. Therefore, I can only adapt and succeed. Feeling bad about something you can't change won't change anything.

Have been thinking about this for a long time op, wanna link up?

In england I can't afford to buy any land, but if I could I'd just set up one of these and farm.. greenmagichomes.com/magic-homes.php

But user, we can change it.
How would we have to work more than we do now?

Felt like this for just over 20 years... Listing my city home next spring to buy land and build a cabin somewhere remote. If I'm going to work, then it will be for my benefit (minus property tax - fuckers). Next year can't get here fast enough.

Thats the point of this, to find like minded individuals.

Where do you live friend?
I'm in the third world country known as Florida.

I'm in pepe silvia

come home brothers

What's a good way to get ahold of you? Not gonna post shit on this site lol

any anons that have lived off grid? I heard you have to fight to ward off insects and stuff

small village is probably easier for living

I want to live on an isolated farm next to a beach, but I fear savage men and only having low quality brown women around...

And even then, getting a woman and going wound'nt work because chicks are socialy addicted, she wouldn't apreciate the peace.

You do not need to work too much to eat If you live far from city.

3 hours is more than enough, not counting hunting or fishing

The globalists want us all dependent and helpless. Everything in modern society is geared to being plugged in to a vast network. Technology allows us to create more decentralized means to generate electricity, manufacture goods, and grow foods. But it is not pursued. Water companies even sue people that harvest rainwater, because they all ready own it. Traditional living, coupled with small scale high technology perks is what the future will look like, after the collapse. Cities just create degenerate, inferior people. They are a virus.

Yeah Ive thought about doing that several times...
I guess if I was working as a slave trapped in a box all day then yeah Id rather live off some way else. I just have a very good job at the moment to leave it.

>hurr durr living in a mud hut without civilization is so easy a caveman could do it!

ITT: Angsty failures who enjoy larping about innawoods without actually understanding how difficult a life disconnected from civilization would be.

Protip: If you're a loser in your current life, you're going to be just as miserable living innawoods. It's up to you to better yourself.

This is what's wrong with you, Germany.

You are too far removed from the jungle.

Americans still get it.

Hi FBI

Santa Catarina

It isn't exactly what everyone else here is talking about but I live off the grid in a van. It ain't bad. I use a mix of solar and propane for food and entertainment. I don't pay any bills or taxes except for phone and for the vehicle.

>projecting

I can taste your insecurity from here

I grew up with my grand parents who essentially lived a lifestyle which would be called homesteading. Back then it was called subsistence farming.
It's a lot of fucking work.
A lot.
You are responsible for your own ass.
If you don't anticipate ever wanting to take a day off until you drop dead it may be the lifestyle for you.

>people don't want to work their asses off just to be able to eat.
You've been programmed to think this way. Hunter-gatherers worked 2 hours a day. Look it up.

Sentience was a mistake. I'd rather be an amoeba

>hurr durr living in a mud hut without civilization is so easy a caveman could do it!
And yet 90% of urban people would starve in one month because they are basically babies that cannot survive by themselves

I dunno man, the water isn't a bit too cold in these parts? Kinda defeats the point of a comfy beach farm.

we need to do a Cred Forums gofundme landbuy or some kind of group land purchase, could have 10 acre pieces of decent land in Canada if you got 5 -10 people.

In summer it's hot...

If mud huts were the most effective form a living people would be living in them. Building them is incredibly labor intensive and they don't work that well. Wood frame, insulation, and plastic siding is the cheapest and easiest way to build a permanent structure.

The actual cheapest way to live is in a trailer park. If you can afford land the cheapest thing to do is park a trailer in the middle of no where and have a compost toilet. A septic system and proper plumbing will cost as much as the trailer did.

Honestly hoping to do an early retirement somewhere north.
>tfw Calais immigrant

>Is anybody else burned out by modern civilization? Like we were born into a rigged system where we have to slave away in order to pay to live.
If you think this is the problem with modern society, you're a retard. The system is fine. The problem is our culture and all the fucking shitskins.
My life was fine 20 years ago. Hell, even 15 years ago. I only saw the culture and world around me start to crumble when I was suddenly surrounded by shitskins.

I can't describe how fucked up it is to go from being part of a peaceful, idyllic, traditional culture where I always felt safe and like I was part of a community, to a country where I can't walk down the street without seeing niggers and numales. It happened almost overnight.

>projecting this hard

>greenmagichomes.com/magic-homes.php
neat

How is it better to work for half your life to pay for a house and then pay taxes on it, instead of building a nice little primitive house for free?

My property taxes are about $10 an acre annually.

Florida is nice!
NICE!

>growing staples is as hard as everyone says
You can live off a diet of 90% potatoes, most irish, Germans and other central Europeans did for a bit.
They only lack calcium and vitamin C and A, which you can get from dairy (not that they would be fun)
But one acre of almost any grain can feed 12+ people a proper serving for a year
Veggies would take a bit more practice

Primitive houses are more expensive to build and maintain than modern ones. A small house made with modern methods is cheaper and will last longer than a primitive one. Cheaper than that in most cases would be finding a house like that that already exists and buying it used. Cheaper than that is a trailer.

I agree with you.

The modern world is shit.

No you'd quickly realise everything you take for granted and it would suck.

There's cordwood, strawbale, earth block, adobe, etc
Depending on how/if you're doing electric/plumbing or how far out you are.

The US system is rigged, ours isn´t as much

>How would we have to work more than we do now?

If you wanted to live in a shack with no plumbing or running water, eat the bare minimum of cheap boring foods just to survive, have no air conditioning, no car, enjoy no luxuries like cable, internet, etc. then you could probably pay for that by working a regular job only 5-10 hours a week too.

I mean if you want to live like people did a thousand years ago, it's not like you need to go off grid to do it. You can live plenty cheap and hardly work if you don't want to enjoy any of the amenities modern civilization has to offer.

It's what my dad did. Now he's too broke to move back, but they still need to make money, and the temptation of technology is still there.

>>Look it up
>>Empirical evidence from before history was recorded.

because the house in the picture took the guy like a 100 days to built

You're talking about exactly what I want to do. You can still buy cheap land off the grid for as little as $400-800 per acre. Google around in the Rocky Mountain states.

Everyone is a slave to corporate interests right now and many don't even realize it.

You can grow tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, onions peppers, green beans (as examples) with virtually zero work.
Good chickens lay about an egg a day- you can free range them most of the year and they'll eat insects- increasing crop yield without pesticides.

Self sustainment is quite easy.

Property tax is very low for off the grid properties. Like as little as $5 per acre per year.

It is a lot of work but you are working for yourself, literally reaping the fruits of your own labor rather than slaving away for the corporate jew. I don't mind hard work, its the unfair compensation that I despise. Why should I slave away for minimum wage when the CEO is making at least 5 times as much.

was looking at land in Caribou, BC just last night. You can get 5 acre plots for about $35,000.

I wish that guy would do more videos. But I guess all that shit takes a long time

But with a modern house you're going to have to pay it off for decades. With a primitive house you can build it in a day and not pay a dime

This is my thought process, but people dismiss it as communist.

This is what I am doing, but slowly and intelligently. I don't want to reject technology: I want to return it to being an option occupying one facet of my life.

Soon you won't have a choice.

Civilization reset button... click.

What you just said is complete and total bullshit. Why is the old west littered with log and adobe homes that are 100 years old and still standing?

Modern homes start falling apart after 30 years and that is only getting worse thanks to muh capitalism

When the Lewis and Clark expedition had to bed down for the winter their 40 man crew spent 4 days building log cabins for all. That was over 200 years ago. Why is it that in this day and age you have to work for 30 years to own a home? That is progress? Seems to me like were going backwards.

cant fish cuz license
cant hunt animals cuz license

Do you think they were building log cabins with 4 bedrooms a two car garage and running water? Building a 1 room house would be cheaper using modern practices than using outdated ones. That's why we are using modern practices. Otherwise we would build giant modern houses using those old practices. We don't build wooden frames for houses because they are pretty, we do it because it's the cheapest thing we can do.

A log cabin can last a long time, but you have to replace the materials between the logs every couple of years and the cabin has very poor insulation so you will be putting a lot more work into heating the house than you need to. Plus, the roof doesn't last. They need new roofs as much as a normal house does. Some people still build log cabins though, and it's a luxury for rich people who don't mind all those drawbacks because they want a log cabin.

The costs for modern housing mainly come from a few things, location, utilities, and size. If you wanted a house that actually functioned like their log cabins back then the easiest and cheapest thing to do would be build or buy a prefab shed using modern practices, you can get them for under $200. But people don't really do that because there's no power water heat or cooling.

What people who actually don't have money but want to live with the modern utilities do is live in trailers.

You just have to be resourceful and hardworking to succeed, much like at any other point in history. Stop complaining, enjoy the fact that you have clean water and modern medicine and get to work.

>Building a 1 room house would be cheaper using modern practices than using outdated ones.

1.Buy axe, $50,
2. Chop down trees, $0
3. Notch logs so they fit together, $0
4. spread some mud around in the cracks of the house to seal up the drafts,$0
5.???? Profit?

Not sure how you figure its cheaper to buy several thousand dollars worth of material at Home Depot than it is to cut down a dozen trees.

In terms of heating, if youre using free wood anyway who cares if its inefficient? Also, dirt roofs with native grasses growing on top works great.

Because living like our ancestors sucks ass, you fucking city fag.

This, drumpf btfo

If you don't burn your cabin down you might live long enough to have it fall on you the first time it rains. If you're really this poor and stupid the best thing for you would be a tent. Get a sleeping bag so you don't freeze to death. Don't try to build a mud fireplace inside your tent.

Lol, see my original comment about 100 year old log cabins literally sprinkled all over the western United States. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho. Theyre all over the place. In 100 years I would assume they've seen more than one rain storm. In fact they've probably survived earthquakes even.

The OP was talking about living off the grid in primitive housing. Not building some yuppy palace costing tens of thousands of dollars. Learn to think outside the box user. Break free from the chains of your overlords.

seriously though, you literally sound exactly like the typical brainwashed American consumer. 'Cant just use any old thing, gotta have the proper product' Do us all a favor and kys.

The biggest issue is that if you go off the grid you are giving up on the power struggle, and if everyone did, then we would have a few million jews with atomic bombs and other nice technology, while you live in the forest.
The middle ground is small cities/villages.

That must be some prime land, you can get 30 + acres in Ontario for that price, like 4 hours north of toronto

>Whats stopping us from going off the grid and living like our ancestors did in a remote location?
globalist interests and economic overpopulation

Economic overpopulation? What the fuck is that

>Whats stopping us from going off the grid and living like our ancestors did

Men with guns will forcibly remove you, then a kike in a black robe will fine the shit out of you and garnish whatever pathetic income you make or lock you in a cage.

>it's a beautiful world we live in, it's nice to be alive
>beautiful people everywhere, the way they show they care makes me want to say
>it's a beautiful world

You guys need to look up Dick Proenneke.
In 1964 he went to a remote part of alaska with enough supplies for a winter. built a cabin with only hand tools, planted crops, fished & hunted.
He filmed his building the cabin and his day to day life.
There's videos with him narrating that are avalible online.
It's called "Alone in the wilderness."
He stayed up there till he was geriatric and his family went and got him under a court orded.

You haven't thought this through. We are already in a lopsided struggle with them, where you are both paralyzed and used as a source of energy. Departing the grid frees you and deprives them of shkelim.

I went off grid with my ex girlfriend and two friends in 2014. We travelled rather than staying put, found a few self sufficient communes and kept moving through Europe for almost a year.

Its unsustainable and quite brutal at times, I've hiked and camped my whole life, I'd say I'm an adept survivalist but honestly to make a life out of it is barely sustainable and actually quite brutal.

The thought of it is glorious but in practice, it's a hard life and when your only reward is your own perceived idea of freedom, you really miss your comforts and the freedom feels empty

Trust me on this, keep dreaming but respect the incredibly harsh reality

No kidding?

You got links to the website youre using? Not that I want to live in Ont, I'd prefer BC but it maybe a good lead to find some other cheaper listings. I was looking in the Caribou Central Interior about 4 hours north of Vancouver.

Kek. Gonna be great. 6 figures free and clear to go buy land and build a cabin. Wife is on board. Kids are all about it. What you got?

t. Jill Stein

>Its unsustainable and quite brutal at times
>travelled rather than staying put, found a few self sufficient communes

Well yes if you're going to be "free" by being an itinerant gypsy or couchsurfing then it is not going to work out or live up to the dream.

>you really miss your comforts and the freedom feels empty

Because you're not independent and you're not working toward improving your life situation.

Owning your own land and hunting and fishing your own food, having every day go toward improving yourself, your home, your grounds, your situation, that really is freeing.

I'm just working to have enough of a cash base to pay for all the things I can't do myself. There's no reason to devolve back to the stone age. Solar, batteries and modern ultra efficient technology means you don't have to leave it all behind even in the wild.

Look into adverse posession. If you can prove you've lived in an area (Daily photographs with you and the day's newspaper should do) for 12 years (I think) you can claim that land for yourself. Just find a big rarely used estate and build a wood hut in the middle of a forest, dig out a hidden cellar and set up a perimeter alarm, keep all valuables in the cellar and if the alarm is tripped quickly bring down all signs of recent life down into the cellar. Use a composting toilet rather than a septic tank.
If you're lucky you'll never be found and can claim a good bit of land for yourself.

I fantasize about doing this all the time.

>muh freedumbz

You hit the nail on the head user. The government uses its citizens as collateral and every citizen is expected to generate revenue to help the nation pay its debts. The government wont allow living essentially tax free inna woods. 'Merica, fuck yeah! Welcome to a land of slavery.

You are allowed to live for the sole purpose of generating revenue for your government overlords. Realizing this is the ultimate red pill.

Go try being Amish for a week.

You'll hate it.

Are you retarded?

In Returguese: Ereis un caraijlho retardiao?

>burn your cabin down

Full timber houses are notoriously bad at catching alight. There's a reason trees survive forest fires.

>fall on you the first time it rains

A log cabin is incredibly strong compared to modern houses. It's all load bearing.

>Don't try to build a mud fireplace inside your tent.

The real danger would be venting, you risk dying from CO2 poisoning without it, but there's plenty of fireplace designs you can make inside a tent that wouldn't set anything aflame. You want a small coal fire with natural draft.

Or just dig an underground house, much harder to come across and after 12 years you can claim the land above as yours.
I know from SCUBA diving at one wreck the landowners refused to let us moor our boat on their jetty/wharf out of fear of adverse possession.

honestly we should return to the time before christ living style.

bash a bitch over the head fuck her
clean my ass with leafs (cucknadia im looken at you)
fire was the new invention
shit sounds good
fuck being trapped inside the belly of the machine that is bleeding to death.

>Why should I slave away for minimum wage when the CEO is making at least 5 times as much.
Because the CEO creates jobs. You don't. Cunt.

You can buy a woods for several thousand if you dont mind being unable to build on it properly. Alternativley just become homeless for an authentic off grid experience

But no Cred Forums innawoods and shitposting via smoke signal is difficult at best.

>primitive technology
the GOAT youtube channel

>bash a bitch over the head fuck her
>clean my ass with leafs (cucknadia im looken at you)
>fire was the new invention

>the time before christ

American education strikes again. You know the romans (that's before Christ) had functioning sewers and under floor heating?

Too many meme classes for you I guess.

>building a nice little primitive house for free?
>a nice little house for free
>a house for free
>free

You're not even 30 yet, are you? You've probably never even put a garden shed together,

Go look at the costs of land. Research the Zoning of said land and what that limits you to building on said land. No matter what you want to build your minimum cost per square foot is going to be $50. Even an unfinished garage is going to start at a similar threshold.

You can't build any kind of structure for "free" without violating some laws such as trespassing or engaging in theft.

Still have to pay property taxes. Guess what happens if ya dont?

have fun with that, the only places left that haven't monopolized the resources are national parks

Your posts the equivalent of
>If you're bad at baseball you'll be bad at hockey too so shape up at baseball
People have different affinities. Someone that did a piss poor job at one thing might enjoy and be better at something else.

You seem to have more than a couple functional neurons.

A couple guys were saying you can buy 30+ acres of land for $30,000.

>IN
>THEIR
>FUCKING
>DREAMS

Lets do it what are we waiting for? I make 5k a month...

Are you a boomer? You sound like a boomer

You really think people had it easier before this 'rigged system'? You think our ancestors didn't have to work? Their whole lives were work. Imagine having to grow or hunt all of your food. If you want a house, you have to build it. Invading tribe? It's on you to protect your own or die trying. How anyone would think this kind of life would be easier is beyond me. Thank your lucky stars all you have to do is work 8 hours a day to survive.

After you fell and debark a tree it has to be put on risers under an awning to dry for a year before you can use it for a permanent structure.

If you use a freshly felled tree to build a cabin it will warp itself apart and collapse after a few months.

>Zoning of said land

There is no city planning or zoning building code out in the bush.

>minimum cost per square foot is going to be $50

If you have trees on your property the cost is not whatever you imagine.

>You can't build any kind of structure for "free" without violating some laws such as trespassing or engaging in theft.

You can build shelters here in the wild without violating any law. I mentioned it only because you specified "any kind of structure".

>A couple guys were saying you can buy 30+ acres of land for $30,000.

Depends on what kind of land. Up north there is a lot of mire. If you want acres, that's where you get it. Mire gives you hunting rights, water source, lots of berries and in the long term land, especially if you drain it.

You have to be a hippie and fuck the cops. Camp around on government lands but after a few days it gets old unless you have an old mechanical typewriter and a manifesto to hammer out or something. We are domesticated and we have no one to blame but ourselves. OP just needs to go camping more or something, reconnect with the primal self.

Seen it, very interesting.

OP needs to watch it.

The film starts two years AFTER the preparatory work he did prior to the construction of his cabin.

Who is saying this? And while you look that up, quantify what checking Facebook every thirty seconds contributes to civilization or your health.

>You think our ancestors didn't have to work? Their whole lives were work.

There are a lot of studies showing farm life and even medieval peasantry having more free time than modern people do.

Simply because of the seasonality of their work, and natural limits to work that don't exist anymore (lighting for dusk, dawn, night being an easy one).

> Imagine having to grow or hunt all of your food.

My grandparents did this on a small farm. It's never been "ALL your food", it's always the majority, you trade for the rest or do some labour to compliment it.

>Invading tribe?

Do you realize people built their houses and tilled their land just 50 years ago?

Has Hollywood rotted your brain completely?

Wed be better off starting our own forest civilisaon in the boreal

>You are responsible for your own ass.
Are we not now? Wtf are you 12

My idea of freedom includes not being bound to one location. Travelling and seeing all there is to see is all I want to do.

I believe you can't buy or own land, that's a jew game. You wanna sit on your little patch and hoard your shiny jew objects in a shack in the middle of nowhere rather than in the city/suburbs then be my guest. It's all the same to me.

As for missing home comforts, I'm just being honest bro. Don't even pretend you wouldn't struggle. You're working as hard as you can to save money and get out of the rat race someday, that's great. Except everyone does that, when they retire.

I took out a ridiculous amount of debt and fled, bankrupted myself when I came back and faced no reprocussions. I gave it a go you kyke, what have you done?

P.s. we camped almost everywhere, very rarely slept indoors, or on a sofa as you put it

Just finished reading the Mysterious Island by Jules Verne so im itching to see someone actually try living off the grid and making a thriving colony, I say do it user, im in uni, have a GF and want to make white babys in a few years so i cant, but full steam to you friend.
>mfw the nigger neb has a special connection with the monkey they get as a servant in the book

Go do it then. Nobody is stopping you.

The real answer is that this is a phase that many people go through and you eventually realize that it's nicer to type some shit into a computer in an air-controlled office building and then go home and watch TV and fuck your wife than it is to slave away just to live in a shitty mud hut.

hur dur muh christopher mccandless durrr
go die in Alaska, nobody will give a single shit, you fedora-tipping retards

>There is no city planning or zoning building code out in the bush.
False. Every parcel of land has some form of zoning laws. You won't really run into Construction Code requirements under every zoning type in every state though. Especially if you are building a structure that will not include any electrical service or other infrastructure tie ins.

>If you have trees on your property the cost is not whatever you imagine.

Has OP ever felled a tree by himself? Has he ever stripped one of bark? Has he ever constructed anything by himself in the middle of nowhere without medical attention available?
Can he plan for the dietary requirements and level of exertion that would be involved in doing that kind of physical labor every day for the foreseeable future? He is going to have to start with a very large cache of food to sustain him as well as enough experience with trapping and hunting small game as supplemental food during the first year.

We are not talking about playing minecraft. Going out into the woods to build a cabin by yourself is going to take years to do. If he wants to skip the first two years of the process, buying the lumber he needs could bypass the most dangerous parts of the process that also have the highest risk and the steepest learning curve.
>You can build shelters here in the wild without violating any law.
He simply needs to research the relevant laws in advance in order to avoid being evicted by relevant authorities. These laws and what they contain varies a great deal from one state to the next.

>OP just needs to go camping
Pretty much. If he doesn't like camping for weeks at a time he sure as hell won't enjoy becoming a hermit lumberjack.

Well ok, but take into account population growth. You have to keep growing your society to accommodate population growth. Which eventually will lead to exactly what we have now. You will eventually need to support the elderly, create and enforce laws, educate the children etc. So in affect this is just abandoning all of the progress we have made and starting over. A better way is too just keep moving forward until we develop technologies that enable us to abandon the 'rigged system'.

>Depends on what kind of land.

$1K / acre land. That doesn't exist, not even here in Mexico where is cheap as shit.

O.K. then do it. You won't. None of you will do anything in this thread.

You're all too used to your current sedentary lifestyles, readily available food, and carefully managed environments. There is a reason why this kind of thing is called romanticizing. Living in a wet, dirty, dark, wooden shed, fighting with swarms of insects and rotting food, poor hygiene, and getting up every day to bust your ass to survive. There are no days off, no mystical forces, and if you fuck up you are likely in for a very shitty few weeks of diarrhea or starvation.

Enjoy your gossip you soft, computer raised excuses for men.

That sounds great user
These people seem to forget that like 90% of the world still lives like this

My experience is a little more advanced
>Abuela's home in middle of nowhere chile
>hydro for electricity
>8 chickens
>fuckton of beans, tomatoes, potatoes,carrots
>a lot of cows
>back in the day they used to grow wheat too.

essentially it was really easy to live and she still lives to this day
some faggot weasle fucked the chickens and now they have less but shit happens.

Tl;dr its not as hard as you would expect.

More AP balls in this thread plz

who got some?

Alright, lets do it! I've made about $5k in the last, oh, 3 years, and I'm over 30. I'm doing the whole nomad on a bicycle thing right now. Traveled all over the world. It has been great but now looking to settle down and now that I've tasted true FREEDOM I wont be going back to the rat race.

Something about this qt makes me wanna tear down civilization though

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gvrt15v6Mc

I'm jealous. I'd love to be able to do this. I need to work for like at least a decade probably to get enough money to do so though.

Agreed. Here's what I wrote;
And the guy's having none of it, should've told him it worked out and I became emperor of coconut cove, where our electricity is generated by whirling palm leaves atop bamboo sticks and the wild boar spit roast themselves

>none of you will

I will.

Then why are blacks allowed to live?

It really depends on how much land you want. I want 20+ acres. You could easily be self-sustaining on 3 acres. Make it happen.

Yup. You'll totally do it, man! ...but you just need to save a *little* more money first...
Oh man, pipes are leaking better fix that... wife and kids want to go out, well I guess... I guess I can take a little bit out of the dream funds...

10 years later you either silently cry and wonder why you never did it, or laugh at how you were ever crazy enough to consider it.

Seen it happen many times, if you're going to do it then you do it. You Don't Fuck Around.

Americans are very out of touch with reality. Its not our fault really. We are all brainwashed from birth that everything needs to be packaged and purchased. Cant build/make anything for our self. It all feeds the evil machine known as the economy which feeds the even eviler war machine known as the US Military.

nebraskaccess.ne.gov/freeland.asp
Free lots are still available in Nebraska provided you construct a residence within a year or two. Check it out bro

2 kids at Uni. Youngest is 14. "Dream fund" is equity which we get upon sale of property. Been researching, looking at property values, water tables, soil composition. Farming in town for 5 years. Buying tools and supplies for 6 years.

Yeah. Might as well just quit, right?

Are you seriously this delusional?

Q: What happens if the grocery store is closed?
A: You don't eat

You're completely relaint on others for the most basic of needs like food, water, and shelter. If the SHTF most people would die within weeks because they are completely unable to fend for themselves in todays world.

This is what I am planing to do after I payed for the house of my parrents. I want them to spend a nice time when they get old.
How old are you and do you want to legitametly keep contact with me so we can do this in about 13-14 years?

>tfw 18 and already getting into blacksmithing, archery and survivalism to pick up skills and be able to live innawoods alone someday.

Im already getting on the path lads.

I'll take my nice cozy wageslaving behind a desk over hunting and growing and gathering for every single meal. They even deliver groceries now so I only have to leave the house to go into the office. What an exciting time to be alive!

abso-fucking-lutely this! probably why so many are despressed, the freedom we have is an illusion

Nah, I'm just burned out by people. I like the comforts of modern civilization very much.

Pro-Tip: Buy a shitty house on a large plot of land and tear it down. Works pretty well in murrica.

>Can't hold all these feels

>People in this thread implying we even need to buy land

if you consider mcandless a fedora tipper i'm interested to know what you fancy fedora tipping consists of

Guys, we need to keep contact. I can do this realisticly in 13-15 years. I am 21 now.

I would like to do it some day.

>not Russia
white area is natural untouched forrest.

The only people there are hunters and outcasts(like my grandpa, I guess he died allready)

whoops, forgot pic

exactly, at least we understand struggle is the only thing that makes men, but were fucking trapped in this feminist nightmare of a life where there isn't a single drop of struggle and everything is all peaches and lotion.

As long as its secluded and easy for everybody to travel there, the location doesn't really matter. We could probably do with a warmer place, though.

Only problem is that you and 99% of the people on this board wouldn't last a week out in the wilderness. I've lived alone out in the wild before for a couple months and it SUCKS, at least for the most part. Sure, you have those romantic moments of beauty and tranquility you're fantasizing about, butt 98% of the time you're hungry, you're cold, wet, tired, and your ass is sore because the fucking leaves you used to wipe were too rough. You don't know those feels. I know those feels. My butthole knows those feels.

>and your ass is sore because the fucking leaves you used to wipe were too rough
>My butthole knows those feels.
Have you considered using water?

Yes

I just think whats the point. I couldn't even buy a house where I live even if I earned 200,000 a year.
A shed built 80 years ago is worth 1.5 million. An entire generation been pushed out the housing market by greedy boomers and rich foreigners who have been in the country 5 minutes.

Also whites here are defeated and apathetic and nothing will stop immigration.

Its like Sweden/Canada/Germany level here and we don't even have a left wing government. Its a damn centre right wing government that is acting more liberal then the Marxists in the green party.

At this point I am awaiting the happening that begins the greatest happening of all time. A full scale western civil war.
It could be a few months away or 5 years away.

All I know is its coming. They are forcing our hand and have openly declared that they are genociding us in the name of "tolerance"

Wipe first and then use water.

Whats to stop you? Nothing but the government.
Seriously, you wont feel anything like the governments boot until you try to get away from it.
They are even cracking down on the Amish, they want everyone under one umbrella, they want no one to be outside of the one world government. Also would like to point out with modern technology, with the right resources (and some DIY skills) you can have every single amenity there is and sacrifice nothing. it all takes money. Less if you know a bit about electrical work and plumbing. A good spring on a hill 70 feet up is amazing. Bury a cistern and you have infinite water with house pressure. With that water pressure you can run it to a tank downhill over a fire and have a wood fired hot water tank with buried lines. No chance of freezing or exploding pipes since its not under pressure. The heat will just keep pushing up hill or to the next opening. Safer than a fireplace water jacket and unlimited hot water. I've done hundreds of hours of research on off grid power, water and utilities. Ask if you want to know anything.

Regulations. Better hide what you're doing from the local bureaucratic nazis or they will come after you with a hardon.

People have gotten their houses condemned for instance for the temerity to be off the grid.

You think you're free in this godforsaken prison?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>I'm a hypocrite
>what is a GOOD education
>fucked around in college
>bachelor degree in psychology

closed, why did i waste 2 mins listening to this dumb cunt

The wild animal population density has decreased significantly

It's no longer possible to live a simple life of foraging off the land like it was before

Have you ever even been to Canada? The country is unpopulated because it's a frigid mosquito-infested wasteland. If you feel like losing your fingers and toes to frostbite before you starve to death, come on up.

By the way, we permit natives to hunt and fish without restrictions, so all the fucking caribou and deer are dead.

Hey look guys, a complete retard! Either that or you have never left the city. Deer are everywhere. Hell in my area you can hit on on mainstreet out near the mall. Not enough hunters, they breed rapidly and stay in certain areas like suburbs because no one hunts there. I can go outside and see a herd of 30+ deer right now. Shits annoying.

Why is it every single tribal indigenous group on the planet is incapable of even surviving or mud hutting? What broke them? Did we by enabling them and coddling them?

Russia is not a block of ice and remember, parasites and deseases spread better in warm humid regions.
I was living in the north and we had temperatures from -40°C to 40°C
There are nice places in Taiga with -30 to 25. Russia is perfect for tribalistic Europians, its the same climate as Europe(only with harder winters, but not much worse then Norway/Sweden/Finland/Iceland)

Wish I had your deer problem. Come hunt in Western Massachusetts.....

I'd love to do this, but I can't find any big enough land plots here.

I saw a 1 hectare plot with a house on it that was tempting me, but 1ha isn't enough to be fully self sufficient.

She actually has some salient perspective

>concludes government education is a joke
true
>realized the field of psychology is a jewhoax to sell drugs
also true

seems to be self aware, and she's a Trump chick. Still hasn't convinced me about the astrology and anti-technology fronts though.

People bitch all the time here that we have no deer. Plenty of deer its just not in the hunting spots, people over hunt the same places over and over and wonder why they can't get anything.

>Whats stopping us from going off the grid and living like our ancestors did in a remote location
Government owns all the land or somebody does, anywhere you set up you need permission and if you don't have that then the "Grid" is coming for you

There's lots of deer. Maybe not in the shit provinces, but here in Manitoba they are fucking everywhere.

And that's why I hunt NY. New places and tons of deer.

The problem is you can't do any of that because you need to follow (((building codes))) and get the appropriate (((permits))) and shit.

They're literally pretending that suddenly, after thousands of years, after an information revolution with no precedent in human history, we've forgotten how to slap a bunch of bricks together in such a way that they won't fall over.

Yep. Completely plausible. It isn't just that the government wants to micromanage my life down to which brand of toilet paper I use. Not at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE

Lol, you are all pathetic faggots. Only Australia has cheap enough land to do this. The primitive technology guy is actually from Aus.

realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-tas-mangana-7849918

I'm going to buy a property like this soon. 500 acres of beautiful temperate rainforest, a big stream running through, for $130k. If you don't own less than about 500 acres just end it all.

I will build my own home there with the help of a few mates who are carpenters.

>wanting to live like a caveman
>throwing away thousands of years of human progress
>being this regressive

ahmed

>Like we were born into a rigged system where we have to slave away in order to pay to live.
If this is truly how you feel, then you are part of the problem, you socialistic shithead.

How did you choose a location? Do you move the van ever?

You can't build homes on land like that

building codes and permits depend entirely on the state you live in when it comes to the US. In my state, its only regulated on the county level. Literally the only code or code enforcement is sewage. If you use a dry composting toilet, you dont even need to ask or get a permit so you can build and do what you want. It helps if you don't have neighbors. While what you do is legal, I am sure if uncle same or someone in government gets wind of it they will make up all kinds of bullshit to fine you, even if there is no law against it. We have building permits but they are bullshit easy to get around. If it costs less than 1000 dollars to make or it has no permanent foundation you dont need a building permit. Solution: give money to a friend or family member and they gift you building materials. Look no cost.

Yes, you can.

Buy 640 so you can have a square mile.

Have you considered that going off the grid does not imply living like literal savages?
Like, people lived ""off the grid"" in small communities for thousands of years.

Not everyone's lucky enough to have won the birthplace lottery, faget.

Some of us are stuck in overpopulated Europe.

All the land is owned already.

>Not everyone's lucky enough to have won the birthplace lottery, faget.

I know. Eat shit and die faggot.

we have people bitching about deer migrating through our neighborhoods because we have greenbelts and deer attracts coyotes which attack their precious cats, so they scare away and coyotes and foxes which brings in more deer.

fuckin people are retards, everyone knows coyotes ignore cats for the most part, the reason cats are disappearing is all the new chinese restaurants going up everywhere

That book was awful.

I'm the same age. We have to live like this for another decade and a half? Pls no.

Stop projecting so hard, Calvin.

Not everyone likes the urban lifestyle.

>Full timber houses are notoriously bad at catching alight.

Unlike plastic siding, synthetic fiber couches, polyesther insulation and so on, I might add.

>15 years

Fucking kill yourself, rofl.

maybe if it's saddle notched, but a full dovetail notch will not fail from warping if you just build a 1 room cabin

I'm looking at buying an old stone house here in the mountains and restoring it to its former glory, but I can't convince myself to do it.

I don't have the money, so I'd have borrow it from the Jews and over 15 years it ends up at an astronomical expense (over 15K in interest on a 20K loan).
Also if I do this I may not have enough money left to maintain my current house AND fix up the other one.

It feels like jumping the gun.

On the other hand, property prices are at an all time low and if I don't get it now, in 10 years the price on a similar property may well have doubled.

Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.

I dream of a society in the future where we are advanced, with intelligent people with amazing architecture and a fantastic military, where we conquer and explore the universe. But then I realize all the "slavery" that is involved in order to make that happen.

The only way to have power today is with money. The common man cannot change much in this world because "ADHD" or "Only makes six figures not seven" and "didn't do this thing 20 years ago"

These would be reasonable if they were obtainable, but due to society being the way it is soon enough people will no longer meet these and we will have to lower our standards for humans in general.

Did you post this in one of the primitive technology threads a month or two ago? I think I remember you.

How come by "off the grid" no one thinks about solar panels for electricity, guns for hunting and such? When someone says they want to live off the grid, I'd assume it means taking some of the technogly humanity has build over the years, and putting to good use out in the woods.

Yeah, I posted a pic of the place about a month ago.

Still haven't decided.

but do you really want that? think about it

Exactly.
There's no reason why "off the grid" has to mean medieval-tier living.
Solar panels last an awfully long time.
If you have a small stream and can build micro hydro it's even better since you don't need batteries.

And as far as the appliances go, I'd consider changing a few light bulbs over your entire life acceptable.

I mean come on, realistically you aren't going to shut yourself out of society completely.

shut the fuck up you fucking pussy. what a little bitch you are. Try doing that shit for 7 fucking years. When I go into a civilized place now I feel like I don't belong and am always thinking ,what the fuck is wrong with these people. It aint natural to rush around spending your whole life slaving away for some corporate jew who sits on his ass all day.

The forest is amazing. The natural beauty of mountains, the night sky, the mesmerizing effect of fire. Building a proper shelter /is paramount. Something that will keep you dry.

And as for wiping your ass, here is a tip. Use water you fucking retard. Wash your ass with water just like you would wash the rest of your fucking body. Toilet paper is for cuckold faggot Jew lovers.

>real life is too complicated and depressing for me. i want to plug my ears and go live in the wood because my warrior spirit wills me to

alright you're edgy as fuck. time out zone for you

You can't change it. Sooner or later armed men would come and invite you or your descendants to leave your lands.

Sorry, there is no way to create a bubble without a lot of money.

Fight to create such bubble instead.

Canada or Australia. Tons of empty land and few people. In Canada the lakes are teaming with fish and deer, elk, moose, and bear abound. In Aus you cant walk 100ft without seeing a kangaroo. Just gotta get the fuck out of niggerville if you wanna seriously live off the land.

>not listening to your warrior spirit

this is why American's are as cucked as Trudeau

I can talk about that. I live alone. No children, no girlfriend, no stable job, barely any social relationship.

I have a car but I barely use it, I have a small gym on my house and a piece of land where I plant some things.

I also have a phone and internet connection.

I live with 600 euros/month and I don't miss anything. I get them from renting some flats I got inherited from my family.

I have everything I want, really. What could I ask for? It would be nice to have a girlfriend and a couple of children, and it would be totally perfect. I would be the one staying at home with them.

So, take that as a reference if you want. It's a bit more than 600 usd

Its the dream man. This is the reason I end up playing survival games really. The feeling of self sufficiency, even just pretending in a game is awesome. I wish I had the money to buy land and do this but it will never happen.