I've always considered myself a liberal. I support freedom and liberty: freedom of speech, sexual freedom...

I've always considered myself a liberal. I support freedom and liberty: freedom of speech, sexual freedom, rights to own and carry weapons, right to defend oneself against violence, right to privacy, and I revile censorship in any form.
However, I see today that a lot of people calling themselves "liberal" are anti-gun and anti-free-speech. These people pollute the political debate so much that "liberal" is instantly associated with censorship and SJW insanity, which are, in fact, typical signs of *fascist* ideology, pretty much the opposite of liberalism.
I am a "reap what you sow" type of person, so I believe that people who want tyranny and oppression for everyone should be isolated from general society into work camps, where these gulag-lovers can happily live.
However, fellow liberals called this inhumane. Is it inhumane to give people what they want?

What should I call myself if I both believe in liberty, AND believe that those who want to rid others of rights and liberties shouldn't get any themselves? Conservative liberal?

so... libertarian

Classic liberal

Libertarian

You're a basic bitch liberal. If you have to make exceptions to your ideology in order for it to function, then your ideology is dogshit to begin with.

You should become a Russian Nationalist.

Sometimes in order to give people rights, you must take away the rights of others.

Refusing to allow a business owner to fire someone based on the color of their skin is taking away his right to determine the way he wants to run the business he created.

What do you believe should be done in those situations?

I don't think I am, I am somewhat center-left IMHO, with technocratic overtones.

I believe that corporations and people are disparate. Without regulation, in my opinion, businesses will deplete Earth's resources, leaving nothing for the next generation of people. Customer protection should be assured by government.
Police, military, fire protection and necessary medical procedures should be socialized too.

Libertarian society will be wiped out or subjugated by any organized army, or collapse because of lack of customers brought on by low wages.

this
liberal nowadays is more like the liberal in liberal arts, as in totally impractical (but with much less redeeming qualities)

Russian nationalists are a joke. Potkin, Dugin and other "pillars of nationalism" look like hobos and speak absolute horseshit.

What exceptions? I want to give people what they want, no exceptions.

Owner is within his rights to hire or fire employees, but an employee can request a point in his contract that obligates the owner to give advance notice and/or severance package.
Workforce must be educated on this by mass media and school system..

If you are talking about SJWs, they can't be called liberals at all. Liberalism and total censorship SJWs call for are as compatible as, say, anarcho-capitalism and 70% tax rate.

so you believe you have to say you are one or the other?
a lot of people don't fit into the core platform of one party
that's why big tent politics exist

Whatever Putin is doing, it's working. You should join his party and contribute instead of masturbating to John Locke.

nope, didn't mean just SJWs
most liberals nowadays are more authoritarian since they got a taste of power and are willing to do much more to try to force their beliefs on others
it has altered their core belief platform in many places

No, I just want an easy way to explain my political position to people who ask it.
Otherwise, it goes like
>I am a pro-gun, pro-speech liberal
>Oh, so like a conservative, rite?
Freedom and liberties aren't worth shit if a citizen can't defend them with a gun in hand.

Big tent politics invariably result in disconnect between the politicians and the electorate, leading to shit like current elections where we (at least me) support Trump just because he's the lesser evil.

SJW is the word for the authoritarian left.

Don't worry about liberalism OP, it's leftism that this site hates. Most of Cred Forums still is liberal, they're just more reactionary and resistant to globalism that it's a reverse form.

You're confusing the European meaning of liberal with the American

Over here you'd be a tried and true conservative (except for the gay part but that's becoming less and less of a hallmark of conservatism)

Putin is a crony capitalist. Only thing he's doing is stuffing his pockets with budget money and raising a generation of brainless retards who think Pootin isn't a (((globalist))) fascist.

Well, I don't know about you, but in my opinion, if a person moves away from liberal values, he stops being a liberal. Democrats lynched niggers before and called Republicans "nigger lovers". Look up "two platforms" poster.
Dems adopted liberal rhetoric for a while, sure, but now they are moving away from it into far-right.

Should I keep posting slav photos?

"Fascists of the future will call themselves antifascists." - Churchill

Putin is the furthest thing from a globalist though. He actually wants sovereignty for Syria, what are you on?

Oh, I know. I've first come to Cred Forums just before Obama's term. Cred Forums has always been liberal and pretty leftie, it's polarizing to "alt-right" out of spite. Plus, IRL conservatives are a good tool to use against (((The Man))).

You're a cuck who was born in the wrong part of the cycIe, bad Iuck.

LOL, Putin is flip-flopping harder than Clinton. Check Clinton's emails regarding Syria - this is all a spectacle to distract people from economic problems. Putin has property in every Western country, he made his fortune from international trade, and all his friends (relatives, ministers, big businessmen, etc.) have families and homes in Miami, London and other metropolitan cities.
Putin appeals to older people brainwashed by USSR into "us or them" mentality, but it's just for show.

Yeah, this is especially funny seeing how Churchill was butthurt about democracy when he lost the election.

You're an actual liberal, not an american liberal, which is the opposite

Yeah, looks like "classic liberal" is what I should describe myself as. Thanks.

Translation:
>area/region where you want to live