Applied at Shart in Mart for extra cash during the holiday season

>Applied at Shart in Mart for extra cash during the holiday season.
>Called back for an interview for a warehouse position.
>Showed up to interview dressed professionally with a resume and references.
>Have 3 years of experience in retail doing customer service, sales and inventory.
>Actually worked for Shart in Mart for a year previously.
>Clean background, drug free, high school diploma and have left all previous companies on good terms.
>Turns out it's a group interview with two other people.
>Guy #1 Shows up to the interview on time and has warehouse experience from when he was younger but just got out of a two year prison stint for armed fucking robbery and drug trafficking.
>Guy #2 shows up to the interview late dressed in t-shirt, basketball shorts and sneakers and smells like weed with no work experience or references.
>Go through the interview and we all get job offers.
>I sign off on the job offer and background check and the manager says that he will be contacting us within a week for orientation if the background checks clear.
>Week passes and I hear nothing so I do a follow up call and the H.R. person tells me my background check cleared they are waiting for everyone else's so they can set up orientation.
>Another week passes and I hear nothing so I drive to the store to talk to the H.R. people in person and they tell me they turned down my offer.
>On my way out I run into the other to guys who they put to work.
I'm pretty fucking pissed. Why the fuck would Shart in Mart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/benefits-of-hiring-ex-convicts-for-small-business-owners-2012-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol

Don't look at it like that, they were saving you from a life of hell working there, you should thank them for thinking highly of you not to subject you to that shit

you probably asked for too much money

They can employ them and profit off them with welfare and autism bux. Walmart is a huge expoliter of government assistance.

for one single reason my friend
you looked like a person that would just quit the job when something better arrives
while the other two looked like they had nothing better to do and would likely remain there for a long time

that's why you have to lower yourself for shit low jobs

Because they probably get some sort of tax write off or benefit from the gubmint for hiring undesirables.

You must have made an unbelievably bad impression. Be honest: Are you a sperg?

This.

Don't ever show up to a dogshit retail interview in business attire.

I was literally going to take the pay that the manager recommend for me in the job offer.

They will receive a tax credit for the felon. I think it's $2000.

>Called back for an interview for a warehouse position.
>Have 3 years of experience in retail doing customer service, sales and inventory.
>warehouse position

The hell is wrong with you? Unless I'm misreading your greentext, you've NEVER worked in a warehouse position before, right? Warehouse people HATE sales people. They are two completely different environments. You should have applied for customer service, cashier, sales representative (if that location had one), or, worst case, stock boy/daytime inventory at a main store. Warehouse positions are the lowest of the low.

You weren't hired because you were over-qualified. Go for positions you actually have experience in.

I've been denied shit jobs as being 'overqualified' as well, it's a bogus excuse because you just want to work and make some money but it happens.

I did. Well, no tie. Dress one level above the job you are applying for. They force you to wear a collared shirt. So business casual works.

Probably thought you were overqualified.
It's a concept that's the bane of my current existence.

It was a fucking seasonal job.

Can be in my personal time but not when I'm trying to be professional.

shout out to all walmart employees, where we at? smash that post button

i have legitimate mental issues and my job isn't subsidized by the government, and i still got a job with walmart

I just lost my warehouse job and its going to be hell finding another one. The interviews ive had have already pretty much went this way. I know this scenario all to well.

I'm sorry, I left my bags in the car. Have you ever had that happen to you before? I hate it when that happens. :^)

As I put in my post, I have experience in customer service, sales and inventory. Inventory in retail is warehouse experience. When I worked for Shart in Mart the first time the job I had was the same one I got called in for it just went by a different name.

I was wearing a polo, khaki's and work shoes. What should I wear next time wife beater, blue jeans with knees ripped out and sandals? Should I smoke a joint before I go?

why don't you try working for "higher-tier" retailer like costco, or a retailer that offers commission on sales?

retail is one of the worst industries to work in; at least if you work at some place like McDonalds, the pathway to becoming a manager is pretty straightforward.

Op wear this next time.

They probably pulled your file they had from when you were working for them the previous time, and it was shitty. That or they checked your Cred Forums posts.

Left the last time at a different location on good terms. They can't see my my Cred Forums posts I'm behind seven proxies. I'm actually in India right now.

When did it become acceptable to turn up to a job interview in rags reeking of drugs?

Seriously, I was taught to always look presentable and I'm 26.

How the hell have things gone so bad so fast?

This, the word "overqualified" applies here. Wal mart is basically what people say McDonald's work is, dead end shithole work.

>Probably thought you were overqualified.
It's a concept that's the bane of my current existence.
Abso-fucking-lutely mate! I am overqualified for lower level jobs and jobs that I match require "years of experience"

Even if you actually left on good terms, your manager may very well have listed you as "not rehireable" for whatever reason.

No worries, user. You can easily go pick up a job doing housekeeping in a hotel. If you're a young guy that looks like you're able-bodied, you'll likely get hired on the spot, plus you'll get tips.

Because walmart does not want smart or good employees. They only want idiots who won't try to Unionize or otherwise complain about the shit/unsafe working conditions. Walmart is hugely exploitative of their workforce, they know that all they need is maybe one or two good managers combined with old people to do math/customer service and beaners/other scum to restock.

Apply to a grocer (or any other store really), you'll have better luck.

Shit companies want shit workers. The shittier the worker, the easier they are to exploit. More exploitation means more profit.

because they're dumbasses
big box stores only hire retards because they're easier to command
i heard a few years ago that target talks down to their employees and generally manages like they would be managing a gaggle of downs

Walmart only wants mindless drones, retard.

Hope you learn from this and don't sprinkle so much your CV next time you apply for a below mediocre job.

>walmart
why are you on Cred Forums?

So leave information off your resume
This isnt rocket surgery

How do I get into one of those jobs and how much do they start at? There are a literal shit ton of hotels were I live some are pretty high end.

Used to work at a grocery store, they don't pay enough. Where I live Walmart starts at $11 an hour which actually beats out most entry level warehouse and factory jobs.

Overqualified prolly. Rather get a Dipshit that'll never make it higher than min wage with high turnover rate.

Because you fagots are gay for Shart in Mart. You almost talk about it as much as you Trump. /biz/ is full of cucks that will tell me that I have to show up in a $500 suit and fix my credit score before Walmart will hire me,/adv/ is full of homos who want to just hug it out and Cred Forums will instantly start spamming that I am a nigger.

Fucking nigger cunt eat my foreskin it is considered a delicacy

was guy # 2 a nigger? I have to know

im stuck in shit jobs to, i really wanna go back to school or get an apprenticeship but i have to much debt atm and cant afford to leave full time work atm, its fucking killing me, only 4 years to go till im free i guess but its so shit

Idk. they're more likely to stay there and not leave. Not as smart as other people so they are easily controlled and might not even complain when they get fucking nothing in salary.

I'm white, they were both black. I can kinda understand why they picked up guy number 1 because he seemed like a pretty cool dude that made a couple of stupid mistakes but the other fucker was worthless.

They might actually want someone desperate and disposable.
Keep looking and good luck.

>they were both black.

there is your answer OP.

Diversity is strength, afterall.

Thanks, I'm kind of sick of retail anyway. I think I'm going to try to get into manufacturing or some shit.

I was under the impression that the government gives subsidies to companies who hire felons.

Not sure though. Maybe someone else knows about this for certain

The store was pretty diverse. The one that I worked at previously was %75 Black, %20 Hispanic, %4 White and %1 Asian.

>work in shart mart over the summer
>unloading dock is right next to the trash chute
>literally smells like sharts the whole time I'm working
it was so bad one day I went to the automotive section when I was on break and bought a scented pine tree to wear around my neck

>desperately calling the HR twice
jeeez i wonder why

Did you put your ethnicity down as white? That would be why.
Next time pick hispanic/native american/mixed/other. Guaranteed job acceptance.

I'm fucking crying.

big box stores don't hire people who are educated/intelligent for entry level positions if they can avoid it, especially wal-mart. you're more likely to want to unionize, more likely to question authority for legitimate reasons, more likely to understand OHSA and other labor-related regulations, etc.

you're not the person they're looking for.

Wasn't desperately and they were giving me times when they would call back and wouldn't call.

Similar situation as you:

>be me
>apply at shart in mart for extra money while I was in college
>friends loser son applies at the same time
>loser son is a high school dropout, mildly retarded, has a club foot
>he gets the job immediately, I didn't even get a call back

Feelsbadman but fuck shart in mart, I, like you, was too good for that shit job anyway.

Just kinda stressed 'cause I have to land something quick with the holidays coming up. Luckily October is one of the best times to get hired. I'm trying to get the fuck out of retail and do something a little more productive.

Pick up the gallons of milk left on the damn shelves before they spoil

>I'm pretty fucking pissed. Why the fuck would Shart in Mart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?
Don't take it personally dude. I've been turned down from shit jobs only to be hired for positions that pay more than 2x what the shit jobs did, and for less work to boot.

Maybe the people hiring were scumbags and could relate more to the two other scumbags that had applied. Interviewing and hiring isn't always who's best qualified, it's who they like like the most.

I just wish places would have the courtesy of sending fucking rejection letters. I've been turned down and have no idea why.
>Worked two grocery store jobs, one was for almost two years, the other was only for 5 months but they closed down, so it's not like I left on bad terms
>See local movie theater is hiring
>Like 5 minutes from my house, would be perfect to work at for some spare cash
>Apply
>Get an interview
>"We need proof of your past employment, and two non personal references"
>This is for a fucking opening position at a movie theater
>Figure whatever, get them my W2s from my old jobs and get the references
>Turn them in
>Never got a call back, said they were still looking over applications when I called them
>Months later they still have the hiring sign up

What the fuck is up with these hoops to jump through for entry level jobs?

>Agreed
I wouldn't have been pissed if they just told me we are nor interested in hiring you. I'm pissed because I went through 30 minutes of paperwork and waited two weeks for them to call back after they assured me I had a job.

Op, the answer is just a nigger search away.

businessinsider.com/benefits-of-hiring-ex-convicts-for-small-business-owners-2012-1

Call the front desk and ask them how to apply. The corporately-owned ones are probably online applications, and the franchised ones are probably paper applications.

Starting pay is highly variable, from minimum wage up to $14 an hour, depending on the hotel, and your region.

this

>What should I wear next time wife beater, blue jeans with knees ripped out and sandals? Should I smoke a joint before I go?

Yes, have you been to Walmart before?

Over qualified. You will likely leave after the holidays where these people, even though they might quit for being dumb, may stay longer.

Source: my father got turnes down from Macys when my stepmother spent all of his money. He worked for the state for 30 years buy wanted to make side money selling ties.

>applied for electronics
>"hi is this user? this is walmart and we'd like you to come in to discuss your job opportunities"
>dressed nicely and waited almost 2 hours
>"yeah i'm actually the frozen department manager you wanna put eggs on the shelf for $11 hour? it'll be easy"
>yeah why the fuck not
>he prints out the offer form
>btw you start at $9 hour sign here date here and you get the $11 after you do your training and after some yearly raises

first day
>found out training last for a year
>yo user put on this nasty store shared jumpsuit and go inside this -30c freezer and start stocking

literally walked out

This, and thanks to the trannies and queermos, you could sue if they challenge it.

You might be white as cum but identify as black as a coal ass nigger. It works for Shaun KKKing.

Women HR or women in general if it's a small company.

Larger corporate companies can take longer due to BS out of our control. I'm in management for a larger national corporate chain and I can tell you that we need help today but anyone we hire would not start until 1-2 weeks after at a minimum, usually longer.

It used to not be that way, but last year the company switched to having a contractor do a phone interview prior to us even seeing anyone.

Even if you come to a job fair or come see us in person, there are still unnecessary hoops we have to go through.

That's what you get for fucking with Wal-Mart, even though they are going to $10.10 (IIRC) minimum base starting next year.

BTW, I've worked in a freezer before, anyone who can't do it in a shortsleeve work shirt is a fucking pussy.

ya know you're psych profile probably said you thought you were too good for the job and wouldn't treat this like a career opportunity or some shite.

Sweet thanks, for the info.

Wew, lad.

>graduate from university of michigan with a 3.7 gpa, comp sci undergrad degree
>portfolio of code, github with a lot of PRs merged into several projects
>3 years experience writing software for a smaller local company
>no criminal history or negative search results

I can't even get an interview for some reason. I've been applying to 7-11 and Burger King. I don't fucking understand this society where someone can do everything right and still be totally dicked over while trying to find a job.

I was turned down for a simple warehouse job as well because they thought I was overqualified. I was pretty pissed at the time as well, but looking back on it, it's the best thing they could've done for me. I actually got a job in a company where I might have a career, already gotten two raises, some added responsibilities and things are looking up. If I had gotten the warehouse job, I'd still be there doing menial physical labour.with no chance of advancing.

Idk man, I work overnights. It's tough because there's so much to stock, but it's not really that hard.
>Clock in
>go to a meeting
>grab a cart
>put stuff on the cart
> open it
>put it on the shelf
> throw away cardboard
> put the leftovers on another shelf
>go sit by myself in the lunchroom
>put more stuff on the shelves
>clock out

I'm a sperg, I didn't even do a real interview and I got hired immediately even though I'm likely more/less qualified than OP

They are already spoiled. Can't put that stuff back in the cooler

You are a nigger though. Thus the unemployment

>McDonald's work is, dead end shithole work.

Although McD sucks in most ways, they actually do promote from within. If you wanted to manage real restaurants, then its not a terrible place for a young person to start. Plus its really easy to get promoted because most of the employees are complete drooling retards (dealing w them being the main issue with management jobs).

That's the reason. Affirmative action.

get into surveying, that shit is easy mode. As long as you know some math. Walk through everybody's property like you own it, cops stop you, tell you your the man.

The problem with entry-level jobs is that decent people are very rare - and even if you end up getting one of them, they'll either be pushed up the ladder or quit for a better job. Or, worse yet, they're part-time and can't be utilised properly.

I've got a bright guy who's working fucking quarter-time due to "university" bullshit. But the need for simple workers who can understand Estonian is so huge that beggars can't be choosers.

Because you said it - you're overqualified. Keep in mind that we (and speaking as a higher up retail person) spend a lot of time and money to get people in. Then there's training and having to deal with rescheduling if people quit or if we have to fire them.

Even though I also have a computer background and would understand your pain, I probably wouldn't hire you unless it was for one of our part-time positions where turnover is high in the first place.

PS: One problem is your experience working a desk doesn't translate into doing manual labor, which is what 7-11/BK/other retailers are.

My advice: Don't list your college education on your resume. Don't include ANYTHING about coding or github or any of that nigger shit. Don't mention that three years working for that company. If you're old enough, you can claim you worked for Blockbuster/Movie Gallery/Circuit City. Those are the ones I used years ago because you can't confirm employment with those companies.

If anyone asks why you were out of work, "family illness" works well.

>some added responsibilities
cool, responsibilities! where do i have to sign?

Stocking is an exceptional job and leads to opportunities down the road.

t.ex stocker now manager

Why would you want to work at that hellhole?

This sounds like some good advice, thank you user.

Holy shit, how did we end up here?

>implying extra paperwork and administrative duties aren't the best way to make the time fly by

go home achmed

OP here, if management thinks that me or any other anons here are overqualified to work shit jobs can we apply for management positions without ever managing? What's from stopping us from lying on our resumes and going for an $80,000 salaried position. I'm mean the management concept is easy to bullshit we could also use other anons as references and for advice.

>cool, responsibilities! where do i have to sign?

Voluntarily taking on extra responsibilities is how you get raises and promotions, and ya know food to eat.

was the guy doing the hiring white? prolly needed to prove he wasn't a raycist

Corporate policies, HR women, etc.

Trust me, if it were solely up to me, I'd exclusively hire hungry young white men who might be a little "overqualified" because I'll know I'll get some work out of 'em before they go elsewhere, if we don't promote them first.

But instead what I currently have:

>two elderly men, both on disability (company gets tax benefits for hiring disabled, veterans, niggers, and these two are 2 out of 3)
>two veterans, including one ex-con meth cooker with 11 kids (and he's only 34)
>best worker has ADHD and can't really have him around customers too much because he yells stuff like "pussy fuckers" and "cunt paper".
>younger dude who slacks off all the time and is just here until he finds a better job - but he started two years ago, even before I came on-board.

I got three others that sometimes work with me. Two I'd love to have full-time but one has refused to work more than 25-30 hours a week and the other is in college. The third, well, he's better than a corpse but he is trained and it's hard replacing folks for $8/hr jobs.

Because if you're not autistic you can become a department manager in 6 months ($13hr), an assistant manager in under 2 years ($46,000) and a co-manager a year after that ($80,000). The management pay for Walmart is fucking bullshit and easy to acquire if you can last through the hell that is an hourly position. Also Assistant Manager's don't do shit becides interview new people, unlock high theft boxes and check trucks to see if the high theft shit is checked in. I almost forgot, stand in the fucking action ally while there are only 3 fucking registers open with +1000 bitching customers ignoring theme and occasionally balancing a till or doing an override.

>group interview
What in the fuck?

He was a white nu-male.

How was your first taste of office politics?

They chose not to hire you, because you were seen as a threat for future promotions, bonuses, and credit from senior management that they expect, and not some other guy who is clearly more knowledgeable and more experienced than them.

If they did hire you, they would've put you through the grinder of mental and social games until you break and resign yourself.

My girlfriend had the same thing with another company, and the person interviewing her was outclassed in every aspect of the job, compared to my girlfriend. My girlfriend got a shit reason why she wasn't selected while it was clear that she was threatened.

also
>women
>doing interviews

>If they did hire you, they would've put you through the grinder of mental and social games until you break and resign yourself.
thank god the the seattle freeze

you cucks are so predictable. i only come to pol to laugh about spastics like you

You might think that way but it's different when you're doing it.

I thought it would be watching others work and bullshitting too, but I was wrong. Plus if anything happens, guess who gets the blame? Me. And you want to avoid salary jobs, because they will work you to death and won't have to pay you shit for overtime.

In many cases, you're better off working a $30-40k hourly job than $80k salary.

You might be "overqualified" for the shit manual labor jobs but I highly doubt you could come right in and do the work I do on a regular basis. That shit manual labor is a good precursor to management and that's why a lot of companies tend to promote from within. Because guess what, when someone calls out sick or the store is understaffed or during the holiday season when 2-3 trucks are coming in a night, guess who has to do the menial manual labor? You, the manager.

Last thanksgiving was so bad we had the store manager, both assistant managers, and every fucking department manager working at the same fucking time and everyone stocking shit to shelves. And we were doing this 12-14 hours apiece depending on who we were.

Regular employees probably put in 10-12.

I don't do office politics. Either do the job or go home. We ain't got time for coonfoolery.

I'm just getting used to it because before I was the dumbass that didn't know anything who was trying to do whatever I could to learn and build my resume. Now that I have a somewhat descent retail skill set, am more confident, and can actually be useful instead of having to be trained I get told to fuck off. This isn't the first time I have been turned down from a job before, this is the first time that I have been turned down and don't know what I can do better. I think it's about time to move on from retail.

They knew you'd leave in a few months.
You think hiring and training costs nothing?

Have fun starving when your lame ass country runs out of neet bux because "we need more brownies". We'll have Trump, you'll have a potato sack.

Join the ARMY.

store managers do dumbshit, short-sighted bullshit accounting to try to net themselves bonuses which ends up utterly FUCKING a store in the mid and long term.

their hope is they've already been promoted out of the store before it hits the phase where all the bullshit they did catches up with them

Business Schools teach people to do dumb jew bullshit like that nowadays. Who needs long-term sustainability when you can get a bonus today? Stuff your pockets with gold and then run away like a rat.

FWIW, I've turned down a few people with previous retail experience in the past year (and fired two others) because of one issue:

Another company trained them so another company corrupted them.

Wal-Mart is about the worst. We do things completely different than Wal-Mart, so people fired/leaving Wal-Mart come here thinking they're going to waltz in like hot shit and they ain't.

Honestly, for a majority of what I have to worry about, I'd rather have someone with no job experience and a blank slate to train them right (my way) than to bring in someone who has already developed habits.

No different than wanting a virgin over a seasoned whore, though sometimes the whore is handier.

Also, I have to think - if you were good at retail, why didn't that company promote you? Then I'd have to look at the company, if I knew anyone over there, etc. There's a lot that goes into these decisions and experience isn't everything, even though job listings want you to think so. HR people too, and they're the dumbest cocksuckers in the world.

The Army is shittier than walmart

I've done both and there is no way i'm ever working 60+ hour weeks again

t. third worlder with a superiority complex

>mfw our last store manager hated the assignment from his first day and got the store just good enough so he could get transferred out to a better store

Current guy got fucked by all of it. Store was running smoothly because the previous guy didn't give a shit about corporate bitching about overtime and new guy doesn't want corporate bitching about anything. Where I was getting 50-60+ hours a week if I wanted them to now working right at 40-45 a week max.

There still comes the matter of pay, I would rather be force to work a 14hr shift unloading trucks because someone called in making $80,000 then be an hourly associate working a 12 hour shift unloading trucks making 9 an hour having to worry about how I'm going to pay my rent next month. I'm in no way comparing your work (I'm sure you work your ass off) to an hourlies work but hourly works have to deal with bullshit at a constant rate and have no power to change the bullshit where co's and assistants only have to step in occasionally and if they are understaffed have the power to hire more people and fix the situation.

>Walmart
>Training
Pick One

maybe, just maybe
the manager there feel some sympathy for neets knowing that with 0 experience it's a dead end for them?
while you have a good chance of greater things

I would but I'm too fat and colorblind.

I worked at shartmart for about a year for a first job.

On purpose they look for loser candidates, if you have no high school diploma great, have a drug problem even better, so on and so on.

The reasons a twofold one, if you are a loser you won't leave, and two, if you have a problem they can more easily fire you.

Both of the points managers have told me before.

Congrats on dodging a bullet, i know you probably don't want to hear that but it's for the best OP

They hope to turn the guy they hired into a longer-term employee.

>fat

Cmon, its 2016 user.

the irony

But I have previously worked for Walmart and already trained in the way they want stuff done. The whole promotion thing is a good point except in places like Best Buy where even department manager's are in their position for 10+ years and there is virtually no way of promotion. I also had a chance when working at Walmart to step into management but I was working in electrics the highest paying department at the store and it would have only been a $0.20 raise for twice the work and just wasn't worth it. Not everybody wants to to management either some people are perfectly happy doing grunt work and why not hire someone who is good at doing it?

>I'm pretty fucking pissed. Why the fuck would Shart in Mart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?

because you're the type who will quit and get a better job.

Those other guys really need a job, better to give them a job than no job. Without a job they'll get into trouble.

I just got off my shift. Feel free to ask me anything about walmart.

My nigga, it's 2016 and donut technology is next level.

Walmart hires non whites.

Live in 99% white Montana town, go to wallmart. Every mix of brown person working there.

Pisses me off so bad

I'm pretty sure the store I worked at hired me just to be a token white. I was one of five white people out of 500 employees.

Ya'll niggas hiring?

In my area we have Lutheran charaties sending slow and stupid fucking niggers that barely know a lick of English and can't follow 2 step commands

Yes. Apparently we are so despair are we have a hiring table in the front of the store. I was on vacation past week and I expected to return to a bunch of new hires. That sadly wasn't the case. Maybe the company should boost it's image into not being a piece of shit, but that's not my problem, having a skeleton crew and working unpaid at times is my only concerns.

It was a seasonal job, I would have been let go in 3 months anyway.

the government gives them money, our kike gov loves nonwhites. my post office is 100% SEA despite the city being 82% white. Shitskins need to eat too and the only jobs they are halfway qualified for are min wage or state jobs.

I say halfway because all the mcdonalds in my last city were 100% nigger and they constantly got fucked up for health violations and purposefully fucking with food

makes you realy think, mcdonalds loves blacks so much that they are willing to take massive hits to the bottom line just to support thm

elca are cancer, worse than catholics

holy fucking shit man. I could have written this post about my current experience with Lowes at the moment.

>20 years old, couldn't get my first job because I had no "Work Experience"
>Worked at a place for over 2 years so now I am probably close to being "overqualified" like OP

What the fuck that shit pisses me off. Although I am really glad I am gonna graduate from college soon, I really hate dealing with the stupid people you get in retail especially when they come in the store with bad attitudes, high, or drunk. Also the fact that some managers give you shit if you dare to have things outside of work you need to do like studying or living your life.

OP I think you should be glad though because this basically tells you that you are ready to move onto a better job that pays decent. I would never want to go back working at a retail store unless I was management or desperation.

>working unpaid

hey user, why not call the ethics hotline :^)

also, I bought my own easycut, shit's the bomb

yeah, it's not like I'm living in a country with one of the highest standards of living

Why do Americlaps want to work at Wallmart?

It's like Pajeet selling newspapers at the designated shitting street

The felon probably had his wages subsidized by the government. Part of a reintegration program or some shit.

they want a wage slave, not a thinking employee

overqualified is a meme
I have multiple credentials in my meme field + years of experience, i'm a veteran, and I'm white. But I mentioned to them that I'll be in the area working on my masters for 2 years and poof, immediate hire (at minimum wage)

Is the concept known as "the future" completely unknown to you or are you simply trolling?

Yes, you may have a stronger economy and better living conditions today, but your demographics are in the shitter and your economy's completely stagnant and unsustainable.

Reminds me of the Greeks and Portuguese who went >eastern europoors for years and years, until one day we climbed in front of them. Who's laughing now?

>i'm a veteran

That is probably part of the reasons, a lot of these stores love hiring veterans. They also hire disabled people because I think they get tax breaks.

But is the job also related to your field or is it just a shit tier retail job? If it is related to your field then you definitely should have gotten the job.

>your demographics are in the shitter and your economy's completely stagnant and unsustainable

please cite sauces other than Cred Forums, can't do it? looks like i win again

nah senpai i work at walmart

and the veteran thing only applies to the first three years after separation. according to my state i'm not even technically a veteran

>please give me information from the completely biased and blind source
>can't do it eh? looks like you're stumped once more

Wait 40 years, we'll see who's laughing then.

Were they black?

Damn you got lucky then, I know some Walmarts like hiring really old people or people they know will never leave. But at least you are getting your masters, most people who work in my store have either given up on going to school, actually have worked their way up to a better paying job in the store, or just don't care.

You can't go into an interview having already sharted yourself.

Fucking Amerilard. Exercise a little self control. It goes a long way.

>everyone but Cred Forums is biased
okay

>Wait 40 years, we'll see who's laughing then.
WE TIGERZ NOW AND SHIT

I honestly think that's a form of controlled opposition. I haven't heard of anything being resolved from that method outside of corporate propaganda.

I don't have a GED or anything and no other job will pay me more than the $14/hr I'm making now. CC is $20k in my area and I have no career goals/dreams. Being in my 30s, I'm too old to start from the absolute bottom to expect to get anywhere without facing my fair share of age bias/discrimination along the way.

>all those brillo pads

gross

our non whites are mostly asians

Wait.

> Showed up to interview dressed professionally
> I was wearing a polo, khaki's and work shoes

which one is it?

Not many Asians here. Only ones I know at my store is a Korean who works up front and another from Laos.

>tfw programmer
>tfw studying industrial automation and ee
I shall make automatic rwds.

Because people with options make poor slaves. They want workers that cant just leave when they start turning the screws.

They did that shit to me.

It happened almost exactly as your story did.

Fuck them so hard.

Well you're asking Cred Forums questions as if it knows anything, so you're probably too stupid to realize how much of a retard you actually are.

>the company switched to having a contractor do a phone interview prior to us even seeing anyone.

Jesus fucking christ they are subcontracting job interviews now?

>highest standards of living

So the one where you don't own the place you live in?

mfw forgot yamaka
and wearing inappropriate foreskin

Were they taller than you?

Engineering student and can't get anything better. Humbling..... Also really fucking gay. Immigration destroyed my province and now I'm looking into moving to ND or a small town here.

>implying you own the place you live in
if you wanna argue at least use some real arguments, or did you eat them?

>What should I wear next time wife beater, blue jeans with knees ripped out and sandals? Should I smoke a joint before I go?
Worked for the other guy didn't it?

You looked like a sperglord autist, he looked like a casual cool guy.

Apply for a Holiday manager position instead. Make sure you say it's SEASONAL, don't stay there too long or you'll commit harakiri.

>tfw I've worked for Walmart for 10 years

Hopefully I collapse in the dairy cooler and not be found for a day or two.

looks like he's been JUST'd

BUT MUH LIVING WAGE FOR Walshit and McDonald's

These places are literally for people down on their luck chronic degenerates, and kids. Living like shit while living on these wages is kind of the whole point.

It must be the angle.

>Why the fuck would Shart in Mart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?

Because it costs time and money to train people. They want someone who's going to be a dedicated life-long employee.

You said yourself you just wanted holiday money. You're out of there in just a few months, or the second you find a better job, because that job is shit.

The guy with the felony on his record? He's never going to leave, because nowhere other than a shitty Walmart job will hire him.

This is what "overqualified" means. This is how a business works.

They're telling you you're too good for Walmart. Mow some fucking lawns before winter, and then shovel snow. Hell, suck dick behind the gas station parking lot for $20 a pop. You'll be paid better and have more respect than being a Walmart employee.