Atheism is a phase

Atheism is a phase.

As soon as something traumatic or interesting happens in their lives they realize that there was a Prime Mover and that the world is just a figment of God's imagination.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sryNbaDJRlI
youtube.com/watch?v=VzuYt-C5y2g
youtu.be/DYe-zNw3oE4
youtube.com/watch?v=quTXwTjgfc0
youtube.com/watch?v=UPAtyzMZRyo
youtu.be/zAx0t3O55Zo
hubblesite.org/
youtu.be/95t6te5IKuI
psychiatrictimes.com/articles/religion-spirituality-and-mental-health
youtu.be/eQVm8RokoBA
pelerin.com/A-la-une/Migrants-le-defi-politique-les-reponses-pratiques/Les-paroisses-se-mobilisent-pour-l-accueil-des-refugies
la-croix.com/Religion/Pape/Le-pape-Francois-a-La-Croix-Il-faut-integrer-les-migrants-2016-05-16-1200760525
eglise.catholique.fr/approfondir-sa-foi/accueil/sengager-dans-la-societe/migrants/
youtu.be/EiXQmeuHTOY
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0017006
youtu.be/AA9cb0Z8ab8
newdualism.org/nde-papers/Jambor/Jambor-Journal of Near-Death Studies_1997-16-163-176.pdf
strawpoll.me/6078648/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zdgzkqsy_z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Forgets the Lord's own word as to Free Will and basic precepts and notions implicated in Leviticus and Dueteronomy.

Leviticus
youtube.com/watch?v=sryNbaDJRlI
Dueteronomy
youtube.com/watch?v=VzuYt-C5y2g

"Dramatization?" of Pretened Rulers
youtu.be/DYe-zNw3oE4

Jesus + Talmud
youtube.com/watch?v=quTXwTjgfc0

Pretty sure a wizard did it, prove me wrong.
Pro tip, you can't.

Sorry but I have technology to Attend to.

>Gematrix my First and Last Name.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPAtyzMZRyo

>no Da'ath

youtu.be/zAx0t3O55Zo

I was raised catholic, broke my back, spent 9 months in a wheelchair and lost my faith.
I don't think your story applies to everyone.

>losing your faith because you think God is responsible

Atheists are fucking retarded.

There are lots of things that could have happened but you are alive, God can be proven repeatably with scientific examination and other phemona... Lots of other things can be proven too sure there are hoaxes but if you approach it with the scientific method you will find wonderous results.

I could show you some shit.

More of a lack of responsibility for His product,
>Brain cell
I'd like a link to those studies

another mono-post god-botherer's thread... (yawn)

maybe there is a "god", my question is "so what"???

Religious and atheists retards are both equally retarded.

You both believe in stupid shit that neither of you can prove or disprove.

I was raised Orthodocs Cristian. Then I read the bible to the core. Being the holy and infallable book and all that, I found it ridiculous few people who call themselves christian actually read the thing from the beginning to the end. Then I was...completle dumbstuck and looked for some other diety that was not a complete asshole and who did not want to consume my soul adn reward me with pain.
Way of gods 101, people, never worship a curse god unless he/she/it directly threatens you.

hubblesite.org/

It was for me. I just concluded that nothing is certain anyway, so I might as well believe in a god if it makes me feel better.

even if the bullshit you just spewed was true you just made the case for theism being an emotional response rather than a rational one
OP self btfo

>As soon as something traumatic or interesting happens in their lives they realize that there was a Prime Mover
>mfw christcucks actually believe this

D'aath is hidden- somewhere out there. It's related to Pluto being classified as a "Dwarf" Planet and the appearance of "PePe".

It's a troll thread. Ignore it.

I fucking hate atheism, mostly because of cuckold materialists and hyperrationalism while ignoring the emotional and the spiritual realm completely.

fedoras are all the same.

>um hey I think after death comes nothing. I guess that's what we can conclude and since it's the most rational answer so far that automatically must mean everybody should be okay with my terrible opinion :o) *dibs*.

Yeah yeah the hidden node low level shit then you got the cube worshippers as I like to call em.

>Unironically worshipping a Gas Giant.

This is true, after discovering the dankness of meme magic I have becomes a devoted Kekist. SHADILAY

youtu.be/95t6te5IKuI

really?
the term god is only applicable to humans no other animal prays for god, we view ourselves as god's creation, yet we've created it, most of us have a weak emotional status thus god is created to fill it with hop and moral and in the end of the road we'll die not surprising at all , may it be in vain or not
and no god of yours will keep you alive or will save you
believing god.... , it's time consuming and quit expensive
you could've used that time and money to fix your fucked up life

It was the opposite for me, I burned my bible that I have had since birth after a traumatic incident in my life.

God is dead.

tips fedora.

false dichotomy. there's a notable lack of benevolence in having your spine broken for any reason, even if it's for some grander test of faith. this doesn't necessarily disprove him, but it is cause for people to question.

I think if they found such proof, they'd have presented it already. I'll remain here on my lonely hill of agnosticism myself, but if God brings you peace and morality with your life, I encourage you to maintain your faith. Skeptical as I am and personally hedging my bets towards a lack of God, I'll keep my ears open.

I'm curious. What happened to you, user?

I have another idea

Atheism is a symptom of autism. Mild autism is enough.

Spirituality arises from a more developed form of empathy that lets people personify abstract concepts. This is selected for because communities of such people find it easier to agree and have more cohesion than squabbling philosophers.

Atheists are an evolutionary regression that is only now becoming more prominent because the original need for social cohesion has been destroyed by modern society, and they will increase in number until large scale society with specialized roles and rule of law and strict rules that make moral agreements unecessary somehow vanishes

and i don't see that happening any time soon

the past was "or god is right, we are right"
the future is nothing but "might makes right, everyone listen to the man up top or die"

Actually Christianity was just a phase after a traumatic incident. I get more medication because it's mentally ill to join a religion later in life according to several doctors.

psychiatrictimes.com/articles/religion-spirituality-and-mental-health

My father was hit by a stray bullet in his car when the taxi bosses were warring with each other.

Theism is just a phase.

As soon as something traumatic and truly evil happens in their lives they realize there is no god that cares about them and that the world is just a rock in space.

We freely acknowledge that faith is irrational and are fine with it. Also we are the highest fertility, lowest degeneracy, most nationalistic demographic. On the other hand, atheists actually believe that their beliefs are logical and try to force them on society causing the collapse of Western civilisation. Don't lump us in with those faggots.

I had a near death experience yesterday. Only reason I can work out why I'm still shitposting is because of god.

I'm sorry about that, user.

Why does this make you angry at Christianity? What specifically were you angry about? Can you elaborate on your feelings at the time?

Stfu religionfag

> omnipotent & omniscient god gives user strength to continue shitposting

my sides, and you are still wondering why your cuck-god is a joke to everybody else

"hur dur if you don't love your enemies they win"

Because my life was absolute garbage even though I went to church ever week and prayed all the time, that was just the nail in the coffin.

Life got better when I stopped looking to some jew god for help. Not even my mother goes to church anymore. Its a fucking scam, especially the catholic church.

true, religion tends to be a stabilizer of society, regardless of the faith. And yeah, religious folk have more kids than non-religious folk, with agnostics falling the furthest behind.

blending into political views, conservatives tend to have more kids than liberals, when only factoring for the ones that pay taxes. This of course plays out later when liberals want pensions supplied with taxes collected from a youth demographic they didn't provide.

Cool, thanks for answering.

I dunno about a phase. Some hold onto it their whole lives. A stupid belief? Yeah. Intelligent design is the most logical explanation behind the creation of the universe.

However, I don't think God exactly conforms to a several-thousand year old book that is a messy mix of the supposed word of the one creator, the written word of the supposed prophets of the time, and Hebrew law. That's just another example of humanity attempting to interpet God.

Stay woke.

I swear, christfags makes this board so fucking cringe

Fuck off to some christian forum somewhere you fucking cucks

Atheism is a phase for some people, but not all.

Being angry at your Christian parents when you're a teenager and rebelling against the faith but later turning back to it when they grow older is an American thing.

Meanwhile people like me, who has been raised non-religiously and secular, I doubt I will ever become religious.

I hate atheists so fucking much that sometimes I consider going to Church and putting money in that little wicker basket.

>no objective purpose
>no objective value
>no objective meaning
>no objective good
>no faith
>no hope
>living just because there is no reason not to

>mfw Atheists are dead inside

all men face trials and tribulations, and to best triumph over them, man must become stronger, be it physically, mentally or morally. To some men, God is a tool to bolster these aspects. To others, God is a crutch which keeps them away, as they figure faith alone is a replacement for work. To those, abandoning God is the only way to salvation. In the LeVayan approach, man becomes his own god.

You think God would be so nice as to let me live a full and fulfilled life?

>autists are athiests
>Cred Forums is full or religious people
Also on a more serious note on why you're wrong
>89% of Estonia is autistic

In my case, the opposite happened. Growing up, I was a pious, devout Catholic. Then I was raped by two people I called friends. The police just shrugged, and I was told by the Father of our local church that it was also a sin as it was homosexual.

then I started paying more attention to goings-on around us. How this world is burning, even in the places where religion is more thickly laid-on.

I have fought for my life, being attacked by my fellow countrymen for no clear reason. If God truly existed, some great cataclysm would have purged this world by now.

My family has turned their backs on me, religion has failed me. All that I can trust anymore, all I have trusted in the last eight years is the rifle.

They say that a firearm is dangerous and not to be trusted, but after God has generated those of us whom would kill their fellow man for disagreement about their faith rather than simply allowing fate to take its course, and after everyone and everything has turned their backs on me after I tried to keep them around, there is one constant.

The rifle. There are many like it, but the one at my deskside is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life.

I really should be dead.
>Driving at about 100km/h
>Back rear tyre blows out
>Veer across the road
>Live in the country, no cars coming
>Run over two white markers
>Basically fly across a culvert
>Going fast enough not to roll into it
>Pretty much spin 180° during this whole thing somehow
>Nose dive into dirt
>With rest of momentum, go backwards
>Missed a tree
>Don't even hit farmer's fence
>Driver's side door fucked, crawl out passenger door
>Radiator leaking all over the ground
>Pretty much unscathed except for bad whiplash
>Nice Kiwi couple in caravan, stop, give me a glass of water and a cookie and wait with me until my mum comes for me
>Car is written off, but if anything out of that went differently, I know I'd be dead, especially if I landed on my roof in culvert.

I don't know why I'm sharing this with Cred Forums but I don't really want to talk about it with anyone else. But I'm basically convinced that god kept me from dying there for a reason. Wasn't really an atheist, but I'm definitely not now. I should be dead.

>9131 9131
check em fampai

im not a atheist, im a muslim

You were really raped by two guys? Do you mind telling us about this?

Did you go to police? I've never heard of Catholic doctrine teaching that a victim of crime is somehow guilty of homosexuality, did you attempt to complain about his actions to others in the Church?

Go Read Isaiah 53.

I want necessarily speaking about you, just to you. I'm not fond of Muslims either, but they aren't as insufferable as most atheists.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but...will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

>but they aren't as insufferable as most atheists.

You haven't met many of them then. There's literally not a group on the planet that is more self-righteous.

The only sad thing about being an atheist is not seeing religious idiots faces when they realize seconds before death that it was all bullshit

Cathocuck losing faith , atleast you could still walk

I disagree

I was raised a Catholic but never believed in God. In fact I wanted to believe, because they idea of an all powerful god that welcomes you into heaven sounds great, but I never once did not even pretended to.

If I never have an never will, I'm sure there's others who are the same

>God can be proven repeatably with scientific examination and other phemona...
Citation needed

I've only had brief experiences. I went to the Islam group when I was in uni and collected some free food. So my only experience was rather positive.

>God can be proven repeatably with scientific examination and other phemona
Lying is a sin

éAHAHAHAHH

Used to be atheist, now true believer in Kek.

Kek has produced numerous tangible miracles in the last few months. The Jewish god, YHWH, has produced none.

Checkmate, gaytheists.

Reminder that Jewgod doesn't exist and Jewreligion has polytheistic sumerian and Canaanite roots.

Praise kek.

why are theists so hypocritical? I've never met or heard of a single religious person that follows his religion a 100% to the letter yet they fucking love to say how atheist are not living their lives correctly
this is what I hate about religion nowadays, stop being such fucking hypocrites and look inwards for once in your life

youtu.be/eQVm8RokoBA

>prime mover argument
I kek'd heartily
prima cause is still valid though

The lord works in mysterious ways , you were chosen to spread the message of the lord

Reminder that it's always religious nuts making "LOOMINATI EXPOSED DEVIL WORSHIPERS 666" videos where they spend 20 minutes talking over pictures of people making "okay" and "rock on" signs and saying this proves they're illuminati clones.

>lowest degeneracy, most nationalistic demographic.
No
pelerin.com/A-la-une/Migrants-le-defi-politique-les-reponses-pratiques/Les-paroisses-se-mobilisent-pour-l-accueil-des-refugies
la-croix.com/Religion/Pape/Le-pape-Francois-a-La-Croix-Il-faut-integrer-les-migrants-2016-05-16-1200760525
eglise.catholique.fr/approfondir-sa-foi/accueil/sengager-dans-la-societe/migrants/

As an experimental physicist I can attest that slaving away in a lab for a year or two will tend to drive you to believe in god. It's just a much more efficient line of thinking. You start to forget how certain results are true, just that they are true and you attribute their truth to god. You start having recurring thoughts that you must trust in the truths given to you by god. Eventually you start thinking of your intuitions about what is and isn't true as just voices from god.
I've heard similar things from experienced theorists. Though I am almost certain that the god that physicists talk about doesn't dictate morality, only physical/logical truths.

youtu.be/EiXQmeuHTOY

Yeah. Two people I called friends.

TL;DR both jumped on me and tied me up, one kept me quiet while the other sodomized me. then they switched off.

Police called friends and family of theirs in for something about 'character background' or something. Since it became my word on theirs despite the obvious fucking ropeburn on my arms which "I could've done to myself", nothing official ever happened.

Catholic doctrine isn't necessarily how things were applied. It's been years since I've thought about the religion in the first place. I would have but I didn't know who else to tell.

I may return to the Church in the future. But for now, there is only one teaching from the Bible I've held true to deliberately. Luke 22:36.

>"He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”"

I bought a Mosin-Nagant instead, as it was cheaper. And it's saved my life twice now. I have an M1A to be picked up on the 11th. An expensive sword, to be sure, but I will trust it with my life.

If this is all the work of some omnipotent god, then whomever out there is still praying. Tell him to leave me alone.

Did they do it for sexual pleasure, or was it some sort of revenge\humiliation thing??

Were they older than you? Did you go to hospital afterwards?

>If God truly existed, some great cataclysm would have purged this world by now.

ahahahaha i got raped god flood the world right now because i am special

>if God was real he would totally make disease and paralysis a thing, too.

Nothing sad about it we will all watch your ass getting thrown in the fire with the day of judgement

I don't know. Probably the latter. About a year, but I was tiny for my age anyway (at 14 I was barely 4'10").

No I did not. I went home and went to bed. I was too mentally and physically exhausted to bother.

It's not 'oh I got raped god pls cause apocalypse'.

If those teachings were true, then this den of sin we'd call the world would have been plagued with a biblical flood or hellfire by now. Hedonism preached as normalcy- wouldn't this cause another sort of response like it did in the past, if the Bible is to be believed as full fact?

I know it seems like I'm probably just being a wanker, but this is what it is.

Just the day before, I was driving along thinking to myself about how I just needed a sign from god. Just that he's out there. Ask and you shall receive, I suppose. I've been going down the wrong path for a while, I have a real videogame addiction and I'm pretty sure god can take that away for me. If not, I'll probably just commit sudoku. I've improved so much for myself this last year, got a job I love, getting fitter, more redpilled than ever. But I really always felt that I missed out on something by growing up in a shitty faithless home. I want to go to church and pray to something or someone. I have had nothing to believe in. It sounds odd, but I have just been waiting for a catalyst. I decided to ask for one, and I got it. I feel like I know what to do now.

Damn shame it had to be my car though. But $5000 is a small price to pay for my life.

That was good, thanks

Yes, accept Kek as the new God.

Throw away the jewish invention.

Piper Perri

>an old kike talking about how the big bang
Wow, such experiences. Most of what he said is not proven (we know that the big bang took place but we don't know if it is the beginning of the Universe or if there was solthe before, etc)

Maybe open your eyes

>I've never heard of Catholic doctrine teaching that a victim of crime is somehow guilty of homosexuality, did you attempt to complain about his actions to others in the Church?
Did you ever go to a Church ? These things are taboo.

Ill make sure to take you.

Because many people are believers or atheists without real reason and could easily change their mind.

I'm not against the religious idea, I wouldn't be mad if there was "someone up there" that can answer my prayers or if there was an afterlife. I just can't believe it because everything I know, my logic, tells me otherwise.

The religious anthropocentric view of the universe makes no sense. Those stories only worked 2000 years ago because people didn't know shit about the world around them, they could make up anything and "that worked". it's not the case anymore.

If you believe in any human religion after having really thought about it you're just dumb or not educated enough.

worst crane accident in history in mecca on 911 , and the crane was owned by the bin ladens . meme magic?

>As soon as something traumatic or interesting happens in their lives they realize that there was a Prime Mover
Thats solely result of having a big ego.

>>>fuck traumatic experience

>>A wizard is surely responsible, this must be the truth.

You're arugmetns for 'it's a phase' is just as stupid as your arguments for "it's the truth".

>Needs their sky daddy to tell them how to live
>mfw religion is the ultimate bluepill

>USA
Why is it always Burgerland? Why do Murricans unirocally believe in D-g? Is it the education system?

I don't know anyone who makes those handsigns. Politicians, musicians and Hollywood does it all the time. It is kinda strange, no?

Take this shit back to there's already enough shitposts clogging this board.

Even Jesus spoke against fake churches and decievers.

>was kind of his thing.

Define objective good.

Pretty much

Go back to church?!

Wtf m8?! No what i would do if i was you is find those fuckers who raped you and make them fucking pay.

That church outta go too.

check out this dudes hat.

Atheism =/= believing in the big bang

Atheism not believing that there is a god or gods. Just because the "big bang" is the best way to describe the creation of the universe based on our current knowledge doesn't make it wrong either. Just because we do not fully understand how we came to be doesn't mean that a god must have done it.

>religion only makes sense if a person is subject to trauma

Okay.

>Links to a study by a jew

Atheism is mostly what happens when Emo kids or Drama fags never learn a job skill.
on the other hand, i would say atheism, is also the end product of a traumatic experience, for older people whom felt God left them behind while at a time in need.

Creator denying he is creator

>sarcasm is lost on pol/
Truly we live in time of troubles.

>I'm not against the religious idea
>If you believe in any human religion after having really thought about it you're just dumb or not educated enough.

wew lad. And before you talk about how you only oppose 'human made' religions and not religious ideas, ask yourself: how did humans come to develop religious ideas? How did we come to appreciate higher plains of consciousness without some kind of worldly organization?

You talk about not being educated enough but that is low-minded scientific thought. Hinduism, for example, doesn't concern itself with the minutiae of life, it's primary focus is on the big picture, on what constitutes consciousness, what mans place is in nature etc.

You seem to have been sucked in with Semitic reductionism; breaking everything down to reveal it's most basic elements and touting that as the highest form of intellectual pursuit. In fact, the exact opposite is true.

>If those teachings were true

The flood already happend , we are here to suffer, paradise is gone and we will have to deal with that until the second comming. Bad things happen that must mean that god does not exist

the strange thing is the timing of it, they do it in the middle of conversations and things, very weird but you notice if you look for it

That's Perkwunos, not Jewgod faggots.

i've been there. i prayed because i really wanted to believe. but i never did actually believe. when the event has passed i'm still a non believer. it might have been different if i was really young. if i experienced something traumatic and prayed to relieve the stress and it worked, it might have formed my worldview based on my feelings towards the issue. since that didn't happen i was allowed to have my worldview form based on empirical data.

You are given one choice in life. To live under the blessing. Or the curse.

You've made your choice. There is a lot of research on this topic btw. You should find it in yourself to forgive god. people dont just "disbelieve" in him once they believe. Most atheism is a rejection of god more than a full denial of his existence. You might think im full of shit but bitterness stains deep with time

A trauma fucks with your head and can impair judgement. This isn't an argument you should be making.

>a figment of God's imagination

Which one?

For me my traumatic experience brought me to believe in god without question. I had always believed no matter how hard i wanted to disbelieve (and given my depressive realism, I was always fighting myself over it).

But on the way to killing myself, i had a spiritual experience. 2 years of major depression gone in 30 minutes. Never to return since.

God is tangible to me now. Well not really but i feel like i have been uplifted to a higher state of reality. spiritual stuff makes real tangible sense to me now.

Can you elaborate upon this, user?

What was your spiritual experience? Did you see things, feel things, what?

How is he tangible? Can you give an example of something spiritual that makes tangible sense to you now?

I have bad news for you.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0017006
>Significantly greater hippocampal atrophy was observed for participants reporting a life-changing religious experience

I agree, praised be Allah!

The 3 holy sevens

i advice to not go to a church , i have been a agnostic for 35 years or so,,then found god, its better to read the bible then to choose a random denomination ,i have not been in a church for years, because there can be only one true denomination

Sorry OP. I've died and been brought back. I've been stabbed, I've been very ill, I've had loved ones die with me at their side, and I still don't need the fairy tale that is a prime mover.

If you need it, if it comforts you and helps you, you are more than welcome to it, but don't assume because you need to believe in an eternal version of yourself that anyone else does.

Genesis 9:13
>I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

sure faggot

you think so because you are strongly influenced by christianity.
If you were born into a buddhist familly of the east, you wouldn't think so.

In reality OP:

> be 62 years old
> virtually no-one my age believes
> realize it's fairy stories and lies
> even religious people are more social than believers
> fed up with hypocrites and liars in the churches always after money and young boys.

>atheism is a phase
Indeed

>catholic church
Saturn jerking satanists

>saturn itself
Moloch jerking
The ruler of time
The death himself
Stronk jew powers
Bug influence spoopy

>islam
Boogieman made (by made I mean taken from pagan gods, some copypastas and improved) to control people and take over the world [spoiler]not even kidding[/spoiler]

>buddhism
Pretty good!

>all the other parts of christianity
Collected copypastas + good imagination = another boogieman made to keep people in control [spoiler]there is some truth there though[/spoiler]

>KEK
Human created "god"
Thanks to "meme magic"
Can be improved via giving more attention and sacrifices

Humans can't possibly know anything about God. It just isn't possible. We only know about the stuff that we witnessed through decades.

Checked

Wow, there are rainbows in the sky, it's obviously the jew god doing it, wow I'm a jew now, thanks for opening my eyes, YOU FUCKING MORON.

Thanks friend, this is solid advice. I might try that instead. Still wouldn't mind giving church a go anyway, I'm just kind of lonely as it stands and wouldn't mind just being in some pleasant company. It just looks kind of comfy.

the name of god is "I am"

so "I am" an atheist
and "I am" a theist
are really the same being playing games with themselves

take Acid, everything becomes clear

If you need God for comfort, you are a pathetic cuck. Religion is for weak people who can't handle life.

There is nothing wrong with going to a church as long as you dont pickup their doctrine, you can just drink some wine and eat some bread with catholics that would do you no harm , but stay away from their saints and idols

no
in the original bible, the one in Hebrew that doesn't suffer from retarded translation, god says "I will be as I will be", basically telling Moses that he doesn't need to know his name.

I'm guessing you were trolling but still got triggered

I am everything ,its kinda brilliant for some goat herders

Trusting a jew

youtu.be/AA9cb0Z8ab8

King James Bible
Exodus 3:14
>And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

>You both believe in stupid shit
We say that about the fuckwits willfully ignorant of the definition of atheism.

Interesting. Thanks user

Basically i heard the voice of god. No this was not a schizophrenic experience (believe me, as a realist this was my first thought) the experience of the voice was distinctly external to me in a way that was completely unnatural. It was a deep reassuring and wonderful voice that struck me to the deepest parts of myself in ways that i couldnt ever imagine before. I was deeply gripped and shaken. The voice had this quality that was like "joseph my son what are you doing" in the most caring way imaginable.
After this i burst into tears, felt blood rush through my whole being. Into my hands and feet, i felt alive fully and completely and i just sat around for a good hour just staring at everything. Feeling the new sense of meaning emerging. Everything looked so beautiful.

The interesting thing is that feeling never really left me. When i started reading the bible, it was as if i could feel the passages and the sentiment. My mother taught me about sacrifice before and all those people who "hated god for the evil in their life" and before i could sympathize and had no answer. But after, the answer was obvious.

God's heart was bleeding with love. Bleeding with the pain of seeing his beloved hurting and i felt that pain a bit. I cant describe this too well. But suffering is NOT the evil we imagine it to be. It is good to want to get rid of all world sufferings as best we can. But there is so much humanity and love that comes out from it, so much more than the pain of suffering that i cannot see it as bad again.

This may sound masochistic if you cannot "get" it. But there is a higher meaning in it, deep in the wounds of the soul, there is a blessing far greater than all the pain, a gem shining far brighter than the clouds around it.

For someone in the middle of the pain, this may sound patronizing though. So i don't like describing it. But this is one of the more obscure "awareness's" that i have because of my experience.

>King James Bible
aka a translation. The original is in Hebrew, and what it says is:

>Eheye
meaning "I will be"
>Asher
meaning "as"
>Eheye
meaning "I will be

I will be as I will be

1 post by this id , have a (you)

Yes, atheism is just a phase. Then you rediscover the spiritualism that's connected to the land and the blood.

>I fucking hate atheism,
Hate is irrational

> mostly because of cuckold materialists and hyperrationalism
Non-belief has nothing to do with all the nonsense and strawmen theists manufacture.

>while ignoring the emotional
You can still get all weepy over your delusions.

>and the spiritual realm completely.
Manufactured religion and fabricated gods rob us of our natural spirituality by forcing us to conform and bow to authoritarian dictators in the sky.

What if you live in a country that used to be inhabited by coons that worshipped a colourful snake?

Just don't step on snek.

John 5:37
>And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape

.Basically i heard the voice of god.

scripture is against your claim , you could be special offcourse

Come home, white man

Thanks, I think this is the way to go. I'm not really worried about doctrines or traditions. I just want somewhere where I can be closer to god with people who want to do the same. I also would like to be baptised if I can. Not sure about the answer to the theological question over the importance of this, but I don't want to take any chances.

The preist and preachers started the fedora thing long ago

No one going to point out the notorious coal burner/child murderer in OP?

I was born here, cunt. Although, my motherland would be Denmark, so that seems like a pretty decent place to be at least.

You mean the moment they suffer a severe brain trauma.
So, tell me, why do you think your god has created cancer?

>religion tends to be a stabilizer of society,
Like in Northern Ireland? Christians slaughtering christians?
Bosnia? Christians slaughtering muslims?

Wow, this is completely real to me. I had God come to me 2 months ago, and I felt the infinite love, and that all things are possible through Him. I have begun reading the Bible since, and it is so alive, it is the living word of God. I believe that the people of God will prevail, because God has preordained it in the scripture.

I can confirm that

looks better in dark hair

>Intelligent design is the most logical explanation behind the creation of the universe.
Intelligent design is so shockingly fucktarded, it actually disproves itself.
{{{Nobody created God}}}

Does it freak anyone else out how theists always try to discredit atheism by making the argument that it's no different than theism and therefore illegitimate? Do they even realize they're doing this?

To be clear, its the combination of exernality and deep emotional invocation that paired was totally wierd and atypical of schizophrenia. I am currently studying psychology including altered states.

I am 100% certain it fits the spiritual experience model.

My most wonderful spiritual experience ironically was the eventual result of anguish, which cast my whole soul into darkness and abyss which took 2 and a half years to get out.

After a bad breakup i questioned my identity. Most people do not know if they are good or bad because they never ask the question. But for me, i genuinely did not know what it meant to be good or bad as a person. The question literally penetrated so far down my entire reality collapsed.

This was monstrously painful and for a full two years i was steadily constructing a newer, better, far more expansive reality from better ideas about the world. But the stabbing pain would prevent me from accepting a half assed answer. It was so bad i literally had to have a perfect answer.

The result of it was being able to perfectly figure out relationship games and trust. I authentically understand trust in a complete and satisfying manner.

There are a lot of names for this kind of experience. These are my two "big" spiritual experiences. Very VERY different quality to both of them in both time, depth, affect, and result.

Here is a good article to read on it:
newdualism.org/nde-papers/Jambor/Jambor-Journal of Near-Death Studies_1997-16-163-176.pdf

wow my post looks almost like yours. :^)

Humz i tried to research it but i have not found a clear awnser for that , in jesus time it gave people super powers, now not so much and there are also no john the baptist walking around anymore today , so who of the denominations gives a legit baptism ? il just throw some water on my head and say i baptise thee in the father the son and the holy ghost

Nah, spirituality arises from mild schizophrenia - you start seeing things that don't exist and you start seeing correlations that exist only in your head.
Of course he's there, when you're drunk as a lamppost you'll believe anything and even the most idiotic idea will sound brilliant.
Yes, you're destined to become the next Hitler - just like him you have been spared from certain death.

>Being angry at your Christian parents
You're just making that up. Atheists love their parents.

Who filled your head with this new blithering nonsense?

Prove god exists. The burden of proof is on you.

Everyone grows out of atheism eventually.

Since r/TheDonald faggots started coming here in search of fresh memes Cred Forums has been inundated with fucking atheists, there's probably one in every thread.

Reminder that this is a Christian board. Don't like it? Fuck off back to r/atheism

strawpoll.me/6078648/

well i wont get into the interpretation of the bible verse (which i think does not exclude my experience) but

I am beyond 100% certain it was Christs voice. The immagery, the meaning and life of it. The way my reality shifted and my depression was cured. Also, i forgot to mention but he did not say anything specific to me. He just said my name with an incredibly gentle and deep voice. It was VERY strange.

>The only sad thing about being an atheist is not seeing religious idiots faces when they realize seconds before death that it was all bullshit

THIS!!! (Thunderous applause)

for 9 years, post's like OP used to offend me greatly. like from a visceral place. my body temperature would rise and I would have to send vile messages through my screen to get the feeling out of me.

i had an experience with drugs (actually one drug) that as soon as I hit from the pipe, I took a look around and the room was suddenly flooded with 'the presence of God'. something I had only ever heard about but never believed was real.

the craziest part: that feeling remained with me forever, long after taking that drug and without having to ever redose. it was like a part of my brain and soul were crippled in my teen years and it was let out in a catharsis of joy thanks to that molecule.

(you probably know which drug I'm talking about even if you've never taken it)

now HAVING SAID ALL THAT, i do believe some people become atheists and are 'meant' to be that way til death. I think God intends for people to be atheists at different times, and that there is no soul damnation for those who die in this condition (perhaps merely a different set of choices after-death than if one embraces intuition and belief).

great post OP. thanks for letting me have some introspection on this morn

Im not even one of those annoying atheists that go around talking about it 24/7, but if i see someone religious i already consider myself smarter than them. Sorry bra

Oh yeah, basically the throw water on your head thing, honestly. Don't want to be submursed or anything. Just whatever is normal to do.

How long was this ago maybe your deppresion shifted to mania , this can still take months to go full blown psychosis

I have a gas oven... Small beginnings, 90° Deutschland. Small beginnings...

Its so true user
Even those wierd "super flowery christian" passages that id scoff at as a kid because my mom kept saying them have real relevance to me.

After so many years of just living like this iv all but forgotten how it felt to be 'out' of this state. The bible really genuinely is the breath of life and while i know many here are iffy about the church. Confession, the sacraments, being holy. All of this grants the soul a very tangible peace and rest. I feel like coming to terms with ones sin only addresses half the equation. The other half must be engaged somehow somewhere and in such a way that the reconciliation feels true and the spirit feels reconciled.

This last month due to changes in priests the confessional timetable got messed up. So i could not go and i did sin enough to warrant not eating the eucharist at mass. It tore me up and i felt so... dry inside like i was thirsty for water and the relief that the water would bring.

After confession it hit me really hard just how good it felt to be back.

This sounds stupid as a metaphor but the bible was exactly right in its use of words. "he who drinks of me shall not thirst" it is like living in the cold blast of the freshest breeze in the world on the day you feel hot and smoggy. Or a cleaning ease and fullness that makes you want to smile for no reason. There is a real filling up inside.

>Don't want to be submursed or anything. Just whatever is normal to do.

That is something we dont know , christ went full submerged , i will do that to be sure to do it right, but i cant be bothered with the holy ghost now if he comes in me.

>1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, 2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 7And all the men were about twelve.

Well there is Actual evidence for the autism atheism link though.

Humans are naturally religious creatures, also there are tons of studies that show that belief in god employs entirely normal brain circuitry in entirely natural ways. Very very unlike schizophrenia.

Every single belief you hold about reality, you hold on the faith that it is true. But how do you know anything at all is true? even the very idea of your own knowing? You may think you know but you just will not get it till you get it. Scorning or looking down just excludes yourself from ever having the opportunity to be curious and experience something new.

Its not like religion or spirituality is something to fear if none of it exists, it should be harmless.

I think there is a part of you that is deeply superstitious and afraid of religion and god and the belief in the afterlife because it means things for your idea of reality that you just are not ready yet to handle.

I come form a family of atheists that spans at least 150 years - we have gone thru 2 world wars and several minor ones and still we don't see any need for a god whatsoever.
Which one, because we have had 3 big ones here in Romania in the last 10 years.
If a god exists and interacts with this universe then we could have learned about it thru the results of these interactions. But since nobody has been able to prove that even a single one of this interactions exists....
What you have experienced is the perfect, textbook example of a schizophrenic experience - and you are at the usual age when it firsts start to show the first signs in its victims.
You should start putting your life in order and close your businesses while you still can. No, it's not a bad joke.
>Everyone grows out of atheism eventually.
Unfortunately you are right, most of us will become senile as we age.

>There is a real filling up inside.
There are ways of experiencing transcendence without having to contaminate your mind with religion...

One, I said 'tends to be', that's my out for a few outliers you've suggested.
Two, your second example shows nothing, two different parts of society, and the stabilizing force bands together to purge a threat. Multiculturalism doesn't work, senpai. Your first example is undermined by the fact that North Ireland are the niggers of Europe.

>was a Prime Mover
Realm of logic and reasoning is rational. People with sound cognitive ability and developed critical thinking skills generally operate in this realm and only occasionally suspend their disbelief.

Suspending disbelief for too long re-wires the brain in a negative way. They mentally welcome the merger of delusion and thought. These patients are no longer capable of distinguishing the difference between reality and fantasy. This long-term cognitive dissonance damages their reasoning ability.

The Prime Mover syllogism is a good example of exceedingly poor logic.
(1) Everything has a cause
(2) Original cause must have been *one* of many thousands of supernatural beings

Theists: We shouldn't laugh at you, but we do.

Actualy it's exactly the other way around - human are by nature inquisitive and when they lack the education to explain the stuff around them in a logical way they resort to illogical suppositions. This is why religion is getting more and more marginalized and rejected in developed countries while it still thrives in countries like yours, or USA.
And the rest of your pitiful attempt at rationalizing your irrational belief just exposes your mental inability of doing just that.

No i am not a manic depressive. Depression runs in my family but not mania. Also, like i said, im currently studying my masters in psychology. The experience 100% fit the spiritual experience phenomenology and nothing else.

Mania takes weeks to flip and does not happen within 30 minutes. Also there is the issue of it never returning since. I am perfectly cured of depression. Cured. 100%

Also, mania if in this case is cyclic (bipolar). Not only was this a one time experience (cutting out a chronic bipolar explanation) but it was not manic in any way. I did not feel "elated" or "egotistic" i felt empty and full at the same time.

Also, i was horribly embarrassed by the experience, i did not tell anyone till 8 years after.

Psychosis is not a typical "mania" symptom unless taken to an ultra extreme not even seen in 2% of mania patients. Where are you getting your ideas about psychology from?

No, it's time to face reality - you just have had the first manifestation of the mental disease that will destroy you in a few (and i really mean few, as in less than 4) years.
Face it, your life is practically over, you're a schizophrenic and you'll never get cured.

huga uga zuggu

>One, I said 'tends to be', that's my out for a few outliers you've suggested.

Kings and queens are god's rulers on earth. They are coronated by the church and their authority is divine.

Why did the first people come to America? To escape religious persecution in England and Europe. England was still putting atheists to death in the 17th Century. What started the first World War? The assassination of one of those Defenders of the Faith.

Religious rule only works out for the religion believers who religion controls everything. Please stop making the specious argument for Islam to take over the world.

Wow, I love god now!

>Where are you getting your ideas about psychology from?

Life experiences ,2 uncles went from mania to psychosis,and i also went from mania to psychotic with help of ssri's. but if it was 8 years ago for you its not that

>two different parts of society, and the stabilizing force bands together to purge a threat. Multiculturalism doesn't work,
You're attempting to justify the christian Serbs slaughtering the muslim Bosnians.

This is the perfect example of religion (believes absurdities) under the guise of "stabilizing society" (commits atrocities).

Thanks for proving my point.

In all honesty, I prefer atheist over most non-Christians.

But I'm myself a (bad) Christian, a Cred Forumsack and an Engineer.

everything is a phase unless youre and edgy fag

stability does not imply prosperity (Islam), but in their case, enough bombs and subversive insert rulers have done well to destabilize their particular regions. That said, I'm of the mindset we owe the Islamic world precisely nothing. Maybe less cash, more glass.

And yeah, again, they took aim against outsiders they deemed a threat. Also understand that when I speak of religion, I primarily mean in the hearts and minds of the people, not necessarily the power structure tied closely to government. I made the argument for "religion," not "religious rule". There's still a hundred examples of a religious society working for every example of a religious society not working.

Also, I'm sorry you feel "your people" were unrightfully persecuted four hundred years ago and therefore religion is invalid, but it's simply not true.

What if I told you the Crusades never ended, and Christians are still under attack to this day?

>emotional and the spiritual realm

do atheists etc not feel love, hurt or joy? Can you truly claim a buddhist monk isnt enlightened or a cave hermit hasnt seen the inner workings of the universe?

Since those shitty realms are subjective and not exclusive to the religious (A christians claim of enlightenment is no stronger than a muslims or an athiests) it all becomes about truth.

Since there are multiple truths ie: no obvious uiversal truth, it falls to the person to decide which path they want to follow. Which one makes sense for them and allows them to feel the full spectrum of being a human being.

For me, I choose to follow science. Where logic and common sense are put to good use and no-one is standing around in a robe telling me what to do because a heavily edited and translated book says so. But to each his own.

>What you have experienced is the perfect, textbook example of a schizophrenic experience - and you are at the usual age when it firsts start to show the first signs in its victims.
>You should start putting your life in order and close your businesses while you still can. No, it's not a bad joke.

The textbook schizophrenic voice is one that is varied, repeated, often issuing commands, if it calls the name, there is a sense of externality, but not meaningful in a deeply profound sense nor is it paired with a shifting perspective in reality. The personality attributes of a person with schizophrenia are also very unique, schizophrenics have negative traits like stereotyped personality, flattened affect, paranoia, lack of empathy in certain contexts. Not only do i experience none of these things.

After the moment, i actually gained the ability to feel in ways i had not ever felt before. My friend, you are very closed minded. I know more than you about this subject but you choose to limit yourself to a preconceived notion by a psychiatrist that does not actually fit my description. A person in my field no different to me nonetheless.

What you know, you do not really know. But it is a convenient belief is it not? Its easy to explain away something you dont want to consider as real. But again, that takes a certain kind of dogma.

You should read up on spiritual experiences. I posted a link earlier here. It is a good article worth the read. My experience was closer to a NDE in nature.

>For me, I choose to follow science. Where logic and common sense are put to good use and no-one is standing around in a robe telling me what to do because a heavily edited and translated book says so.

source?

Religion is no contamination. It is freedom brought to your neighborhood by wonderful people who want to spread the news. I do not pay to attend mass. But i get in for free. I do not pay to pray. But i get to enjoy the beauty of the church and the pews. The sense of peace of it all and the wonderful mass.

What about this gift is contamination?

To me it sounds like the real contamination is the nonsense ideas about what a person should or shouldnt believe about their spirituality relative to their church.

the whole Dawkins is our jesus thing and that we trust the words of faceless scientists?

it is quite ironic, but they do have a point. Some people really do experience atheism as a religion. At least our faith can fall back on the scientific method

It's a phase that begins at birth at ends when fear overpowers common sense.

you let a life altering experience change your mind?

weak willed faggot

Religiosity is actually growing worldwide and no, its not just because of poor people.
source:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zdgzkqsy_z0

Also, the human mind is illogical first, we use logic only as a means of explaining things we accept by illogical standards. This is so ubiquitous i actually am amazed you propose the opposite. Have you ever heard a person say "thats so true, when you think about it x y z" to a completely or purposefully ridiculous statement? its a massive part of how memes are designed in the first place.

Idea first, logic second. Emotional reality first, logic second. There is actually nothing wrong with this. Physical reality is just an impression on the senses and its stability in our senses does not mean it is limited to this. string theory reveals a very different context for reality. Hologram theory as well.

The things you trust you trust for no reason other than you would like to do so because its easier than distrusting them.

He lost faith when he was Christian.

Checkmate atheists. Or Christian, or whatever.

First council of Nicaea
>First
and that was after the jews made the old testament

No not even that it's more like the "your 'beliefs' are just as stupid as mine" argument. The fact that atheism isn't a belief aside, they basically admit the idiocy of theism in order to try to defend it.

Yes, Swebror.

God is not omniscient. If he was omniscient, he would know what the world looks like.

How is going your PSOL voting and netflix watching?

What the fuck is that sentence man?
Christians are confirmed illiterate retards.

Its been 10 years now and i am healthier than i have ever been.
Your hypothesis is false. I think its time you face reality. You are talking way outside your area of experience and skill because you actually cannot accept that my experience does not conform to your limited views of the world.

You have been living deluded by other atheists about the nature of spiritual experience and here I am telling you that the experience is real. But rather than think "maybe the world is bigger than my notions" you dive right into science, but not with an eye of openness or explanation. with the purpose of explaining away a fact that is inconvenient for your beliefs.

Im impressed with your abilities to deny reality. It is kinda funny to see how far you are going to go with this.

I have refuted everything you've said so far

>Schizophrenia symptoms generally start in the mid- to late 20s. It's uncommon for children to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.
>no previous family history with schizophrenia
>isolated incident

My experience happened when i was 14.

It 100% fits a mystical experience. I am sorry for you that you have not experienced it yourself to feel the absolute blessing of it

Are you another gay gringo married to a gay mulato?

The council of nicaea only determent the trinity and christ divinity

>For me, I choose to follow science.

Yuo are a forimidibibil opponanent.

That is the hebrew understanding of the world , because they did not understand genesis, god did not draw that picture.

The major problem they had how can days pass without the sun, today we know that the earth 24 hour rotation is a day

>3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

the fourth day god created the sun

Cred Forums hates jews

Cred Forums worships a jew

this is a weird board

>You will believe in God if something traumatic happens to you
>Something traumatic happenned to you and still don't believe in God? Well you're a retard.
Cuckstians, everyone.

pol hates the atheist jews the most because they ruin everything that is good.

The other jews are dormant threats but we really dont care too much about them. People from israel are welcomed or atleast not shunned like leafs. The jews do some fucked up shit sometimes but its mostly the atheist ones that ruin the fun for everybody.

Its kinda like volcano's. Soros and his ilk are active and will fuck your entire civilization up during your generation. But the regular jews are at best like a dormant volcano. They can do whatever the hell they want so long as they do not obtain power and are otherwise plebs.

Is Orthodocs Christian similar to Google Docs Christian

you're British and I'm American so my life is in every way better than yours and forever will be faggot

The dogmatic esotericism of retardation

>something bad happens to you
>this proves God exists

and decided the book should only be in latin and which books should count as gospel and which didnt. Not even the first revision of 'the holy word'.

Priests play it off like any change made was done with god acting through the council etc. Same old bullshit. Islam had a similar thing which spawned the Sunni's.

ps. every translation was done by priests hidden away. who knows what bullshit they came up with

dont belittle my beliefs

Reeeeee

God abandoned us. We shill for KEK now

American
>not visiting the dentist every other week to hit on the qt3.14 dental assistant
>calling me a faggot

Sure thing goy.

Not necessarily religious myself, but I do find the emotional logic of many modern atheists very interesting. It assumes that, as God loves His children, he would never inflict any harm onto them. The primary issue with this reasoning is that it presumes that His actions towards us would be the same as an ethical human father. Isn't heaven where there is no worldly suffering nor desire? That there is horrid suffering in this world (which, if you are a believer, is infinitesimally short) is not indicative of the non-existence of that deity.

Not really. All the traumatic things in my life are of my choice, or a byproduct of something that I chose to do. We all have different ways of dealing with trauma, we all have different perspectives that we see the world.

I will agree that religion definitely brings more purpose to life though. I love how Christians believe that Christianity is the only religion though. It's cute.

Perhaps, but the god they refer to does not justify the existence of the many deities in religions throughout the world, it's more like a force of some sort.

>who knows what bullshit they came up with

they all ended pretty much the same , the catholic doctrines like saints you would not find in any bible , the trinity might been slightly enforced

>7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8

this verse was added probably because it was not found in earlier manuscript , but we know of all the forgeries and corrected them

I'm agnostic, I guess..
You sound like a Buddhist or Zoroastrian

death and suffering are part of god's simulation