The Dutch are slowly recognizing that their blackface tradition of Zwarte Piet is racist and weird

Over multiple years now, WorldViews has run stories about the problematic Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet. Around Christmastime, myriad Dutch adults and children have customarily donned frilly wigs, patted themselves in blackface, painted their lips red and japed around in costumes as "Black Pete," the dark-skinned helpers of Sinterklaas, or Saint Nicholas.

For reasons that are both obvious and complicated, many people think the tradition is racist — one that is shaped by the country's not-so-distant colonial past and trades on garish racial stereotypes.

Others, including a significant proportion of the Dutch public, are less sure. They argue that the legend of Sinterklass and his swarthy sidekicks predates any colonial entanglements and the legacy of slavery. Dressing up as the trickster figure, they say, is an innocent, jovial children's pastime. Even minorities in the Netherlands embrace the tradition, some say.

Protests and demonstrations from minority groups have rocked Sinterklaas celebrations in recent years in Dutch cities. In August 2015, a United Nations-convened committee on racial discrimination in Geneva called on the Dutch government to "promote the elimination of those features of the character of Black Pete which reflect negative stereotypes and are experienced by many people of African descent as a vestige of slavery."

The growing backlash to Zwarte Piet seems to have had an effect. Last year, Dutch primary schools abolished the sporting of physical markings during Sinterklaas that could be deemed offensive, including blackface, thick lips and gold earrings. And on Friday, the country's children's ombudsman, a post linked to the government's oversight agency, issued a report arguing the tradition violates children's rights.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/10/02/the-dutch-are-slowly-recognizing-that-their-blackface-tradition-of-zwarte-piet-is-racist-and-weird/

Other urls found in this thread:

srbija.gov.rs/vesti/vest.php?id=118560
news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/how-a-b-c-man-pulled-off-one-of-the-most-sophisticated-immigration-frauds-in-canadian-history
youtube.com/watch?v=S7REINR7T1c
youtube.com/watch?v=xdb-KNTBdqA
taaldacht.nl/2015/09/21/de-echte-zwarte-piet/
youtube.com/watch?v=uJwJ8MNZuSA
youtube.com/watch?v=LJeUye3zZnU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=20SEHVEQW6k
youtube.com/watch?v=zoAlEYg093E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, we're not "slowly recognizing" that it's racist or weird. I know a lot of black people and none of them have a problem with it. It's literally a bunch of white cucks that feel the need to be SJWs and create more drama around literally nothing.
Well tilted.

Outside randstad or libcuck student cities no one is recognising it. In fact, most dutch people are calling for revolt or civil war at this point..

just ban leftism and this shit will stop

>washington post
>USA knowing anything about the Netherlands
this As usual it is just a tiny group of SJWs and cucks trying to screw things over.
Last year we actually had a few niggers screaming in plain sight of children. I'd say that makes a worse introduction to nigger culture than some guy giving away free candy and presents.
Nothing but a bunch of screaming dumbasses making a fool of themselves.

Schijt omhoog vettige linkie winkie.

LANG LEVE DE ZWARTE PIET =^)

The only one pushing against this is soros and his cohorts.

>The Dutch are slowly recognizing that their blackface tradition of Zwarte Piet is racist and weird
HAHAHA NO

WE HAD THIS DEBATE LAST YEAR

NIGGERS AND ARAB WELFARE SCUM GOT REKT LEFT AND RIGHT BY DUTCHIES

GET FUCKED DUMB OP SLAV SHIT

HAHAHAHAHAA

>most dutch people are calling for revolt or civil war at this point.
This

It's NOT racist!
And it's NOT the same as blackface. Whereas blackface theatre was meant to mock the blacks, zwarte piet is a very very likable fictional character.

Really? Turn on the news. Talk to people on the street. Watch the trends. This year or the next we will lose it completely and no one cares. Jumbo doesn't even display Sinterklaas anymore. Zwarte piet will be gone and our children will think of us as racists for ever having participated in such a "non-inclusive" festival.

I'm literally just copypasting the article's title.

I didn't claim shit and in fact wanted to hear what the Dutch of Cred Forums had to say about this given how MSM tends to distort the truth beyond the pale.

>Over multiple years now, WorldViews has run stories about the problematic,..

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd stopped reading right there.

>wanted to hear what the Dutch of Cred Forums had to say about this
Well, the reactions you are farming here are a good representation of the real world.
Whiny niggers should fuck off to a country full of blacks. Maybe they can be happy there instead of misserable and whining here.

Umm it's like, racist and weird, okay? Yaaaa if you could change it, that would be great thanks ..

die

>not a single word about why black Pete is painted black
Fucking leftist dishonesty is so subtle

They had it on the news again last week.

2 moms come on

>Are you changing your mind
>No.
>No.

Will never give up Zwarte Piet

randstad ga weg

As a kid me and my classmates always saw Pete as some sort of mythical creature straight from a fairytale. Which up to a point is what he is.

Niggers (and mostly SJW cucks) claiming that he represents a colonial image of blacks and that a black person can't enjoy dressing up fancy while giving stuff away says more about them than it says about Pete I'd say.

>now
bitch every university with on humanities has had this shit on it curriculum for the past 3-5 years and the debates have been running for a long time now

it's only been somehow managed to be suppressed in the media as an issue for a while, I'm honestly impressed

blij dat ik in friesland woon

zwarte piet met oorringen, kroeshaar, roe, rode lippen, pikzwart.

waarom doen we niet gewoon weer pikzwart in plaats van die creme bruin van tegenwoordig? dan lijkt het weer echt op roet.

Only politicians and the intelligentsia who want to signal their virtues care

Sinterklaas en zwarte Piet are here to stay

Shit, looks like we need to liberate toothpaste swamps from fascists once again.

Shut up, Xiaong Bao.

Best argument to shut up annnoying lefties saying that this is indeed a racist tradition?

I live in a town bordering the Dutch redzone for lefties and I have to deal with them on a daily basis, it's hell.

FUCK OFF RACE BAITING KEK

There are like 200 chinks in my province.

>srbija.gov.rs/vesti/vest.php?id=118560
Whoah, Liang Che, what's going on here?

>Best argument to shut up annnoying lefties saying that this is indeed a racist tradition?
Idk, if Zwarte Piet has to go, all black have to go?

Im tired of the whole discussion tbqh i don't give a fuck anymore just change that niggers face. note i'm pro black pete but i'm not going to let myself get bothered again by this everlasting discussion by uppity niggers and greedy company's that worry about their international reputation

>Sinterklaas en zwarte Piet are here to stay
al die negers, weg ermee :^)

Leuke cijfers

Nothing?

>Error message

Polls show that the vast majority is still in favour of the tradition including our colonial negro friends.

Just look at these lads.

Wat a lies again from the media

Don't let them get in positions where they can trick your systems into letting more immigrate, they can and will commit fraud.

No

They also do white face.

That's what they want, they're going to push this narrative every single year until Sinterklaas will be in bad taste even if you agree with black pete so they'll change it just so people can enjoy Sinterklaas again.

Don't give them even an inch Dutchbros, can't satisfy these people.

Nah, the local Chinese keep to themselves. They don't get involved with politics or anything of the sort.

>NIGGERS AND ARAB WELFARE SCUM GOT REKT LEFT AND RIGHT BY DUTCHIES
Most Moroccans I now are pro-zwarte piet. Turks almost never celebrate Sinterklaas.
Just a couple of niggers are butthurt.
We should introduce the slavic immigrants to this culture, I bet they'll love it

Fun fact most kids are afraid of Sinterklaas (white)
and love Zwarte Piet (black)

How is this racism again?

Also, we have this useless discussion every year now for (from what i know) the last 5 years.

Oh, you dummy, blackface is an Anglo-American tradition that started in the 1800s. Zwarte Piet is grounded in Indo-European winter solstice celebrations going back a couple thousand years.

Call them a nigger then leave

I'm not talking about politics. Here's an example in Canada.

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/how-a-b-c-man-pulled-off-one-of-the-most-sophisticated-immigration-frauds-in-canadian-history

These guys will cheat you if they can, it's just a part of Chinese culture.

Canadians changed that tradition.
In december 1945 Canadian soldiers saw Sinterklaas with 1 Black Pete and they al decided to dress up as Black Pete. Since the Sinterklaas has many niggers giving candy and presents to children

Fuck this gay earth. We have it too, and we have had black and Muslim immigrants for 60+ years and it's never been an issue. I don't know any kid I knew growing up that saw it as niggers. We are told they come from Spain and kids don't relate Spain to niggers, we are told they are black as they go through chimneys, not because they are slaves. We are told they love the Sint and voluntarily help them. They don't even have a race they are like fucking easter bunnies, some weird fantasy creature.

Fuck all the leftist fucks that blew this up. Three years ago I saw the first news item on it, from an American show that must've seen a zwarte piet on Google and called their boss and bought plane tickets for a weekend in Holland. They don't understand any of the idea behind it, they just framed it in their idiot American worldview.

The black face has nothing to do with them being black

i am deeply offended and my safe space is being violated

The difference is we would kill people like him if they tried to do it.

That's the trouble. They don't get punished enough/in the proper way in 1st world countries, whereas here they get pretty much quickly taken care of.

>We are told they come from Spain and kids don't relate Spain to niggers
WE WUZ MOORS AN SHEITT
Pretty funny, because Moroccans get butthurt if Niggers ere claim to be descendants of Moors

what happened to
>no cultures are greater or lesser than others, just different.

I will punch anyone that tries to fuck with Zwarte Piet.
These cancerous imported niggers and shitskins are destroying our culture.

Hopefully all will be well when based Geert is elected president and we deport all the scum.

There are a few forms of cultural relativism.
Liberals like to conflate the version that respects all cultures with the version that restricts bad traditions. I think you already know when and whose this applies to.

WW2 was a strange, great time. Your flag was the only foreign one to fly on our Parliament in our entire country's history. We temporary made a room in our Capitol Dutch territory so that a pregnant Royal would give birth to a Dutch citizen.

70 years later we fly a rainbow and celebrate bullshit, what happened?

all the cancer comes from the american left and blacks then uni's like uva eat that shit up and now the minority had become way stronger

Tomorrow

It just pisses me off that those self-centered pricks come barging in on a plane for a day or two and think they know all the culture. They literally just filmed some zwarte pieten and made up the story as they went along.
This comes from the cucks that claim foreign cultures need to be respected and protected, but of course, foreign cultures that are white don't count.

>experienced by many people of African descent as a vestige of slavery

This is Newspeak garbage.

Even students find the whole discussion stupid. When it comes to the population 90%+ is pro-piet I believe.

Jesus Christ SJWs ruin everything. We have something similar, it's called "rußiger Freitag"

LOL i live in amsterdam bijlmer, the most black place in the Netherlands and we celebrate sinterklaas with zwarte piet here, all the black kids enjoy it, plus zwarte pier, black pete, is loved by everyone and always shown to be a nice friendly guy or girl who helps an old man

The only people against it are a very small but loud group of sjw's 'national tv pundits, and about 2 gibs me's

Is zwarte Piet the dutch equivalent to our schwarzer Peter?

>Zwarte Piet is blackface
(It isn't.)

there goes the last positive black rolemodel, a man that gives to the community-who helps an elderly man walk around...

soon enough black in NL will not be correlated with the joy that the Zwarte Piet brings...but with rape,murder,and crime

how sad,how very sad,
an age of joy so ends

BTW this just shows how retarded the media is, Blackface is mockery of black people. Zwarte piet is the most nice guy alive and an example for kids to help the elderly and care for the less fortunate

Kinda

this

No idea. Is he black, always friendly and gives kids free candy and presents without forcing them into sex slavery?

This. That's also where the black facial makeup originates. Even true Aryan Iran has a traditional trickster character like Piet with a black face.

black pete is black because he crawls down chimneys to deliver presents. Chimneys contain soot.
>LE RACIST AND SEXIST MUCH FACE.jpg

SJWs' american cultural imperialism has gone too far.

>Jumbo

It goes the other way too, a documentary maker went parading around in London to show the people there literally
>LOOK AT OUR WEIRD TRADITION! ISN'T IT WEIRD AND RACIST!
Wow, it's almost as if context matters. They even got Russel Brand to make a """""coincidental""""" appearance berating the costumes.

I believe so yes, my dubdeutsche. I believe the whole thing started with Odin's ravens or something like that.

>Quads

Kijk, dat zijn nu cijfers waarover wij het wel eens kunnen worden.

>Over multiple years now, WorldViews has run stories about the problematic
>problematic

stopped reading there

>Leuke cijfers
>7777
Amai, wauw!

Jumbo already withdrew their statements which were about their own brand

It only means how the left is slowly succeeding in their quest to brainwash the younger generation.
I see people still celebrating this tradition here where I live.

lol, Americans are responsible for so much suffering yet we write articles criticizing other cultures across oceans like we're better.

>problematic

nothing to see here

Finally, some people who get it. They have a similar festival in Iran, with a colorful character in blackface and an old character with a long white beard. It's called Nowruz and it's considered immaterial world heritage by UNESCO.

People who think Zwarte Piet is racist belong on a cross.

RIP

>And it's NOT the same as blackface.
Most Americans, even American blacks, don't even know what blackface is and we created it.

Black performers wore blackface. They weren't allowed to perform without it. Whites would wear it to mock them.

we will be free brothers

Verenigde Nederlanden wanneer?

pbuh

youtube.com/watch?v=S7REINR7T1c

>washingtonpost

Oh wow, liberal fuckheads who complain about "talking on behalf of other nationalities" as being bad but look what they're doing now.

Fuck these people.
Fuck those who agree with them.
Fuck those who rationalize away these constant hypocrisies.
Fuck them then, fuck them now, fuck them in the future, fuck them forever.

Even traditional festivities in Cornwall were protested for 'blackface' and something with slavery, even though Cornwall never had anything to do with the Atlantic slave trade.

top kek, perfect

check my oc

Anyone here think zwarte piet is racist? I wanna beat the shit out of you

lol fuck Netherlands

We are the next ones.

For those who need a crash course in our culture:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdb-KNTBdqA

Aren't those just everyday Brazilian people?

ZWARTE PIET ISN'T RACIST REEEEEEE

delet

Hey. Kankernikkers.
taaldacht.nl/2015/09/21/de-echte-zwarte-piet/
Lees dit.
En kom naar de 8ch /meadhall/ board. We organiseren ons. Deze alt right cucks zijn wij niet, maar we maakte wel 20% van het publiek uit. youtube.com/watch?v=uJwJ8MNZuSA Als je intelligent bent een stootje kan hebben en wat kan bijdragen. Kom dan naar de /meadhall/. En ga anders naar Erkenbrand.

100%

>mom used to make jokes about zwarte piet being banned couse muh racism

>There are googles this desperate to ban this child event

.net of .pl?

The tradition 'violates children's rights'

Jesus, these people are slick.

Voting for Hillary 'violates children's right'

Anythink I don't like 'violates Children's rights'

It's not that I care… I'm only think of the children.

I hate it whenever a leftist non-Dutch speaking person talks about zwarte piet from a position of authority.
>let me tell you about your culture
You can have whatever opinion you want, just don't tell us what to do or act like you know more about it than us.

American libtards do their best to rile up black people everywhere. In your own country it works a bit better, hence BLM, but here they don't have much to go on so they take this out of context.

It's also a side effect of Americans trying (and succeeding) to get more influence in our former colonies. The kids of their 'elite' are sent to American universities where they learn to cry racism.

Here a Sinterklaas celebration in one of those former colonies:
youtube.com/watch?v=LJeUye3zZnU

>United Nations-convened committee on racial discrimination
The world sleeps soundly at night knowing the UN is tackling the important issues.

Black pete is literally judged by the colour of his skin.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Spaghetti, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on High-end clothing factories, and I have over 300 confirmed Gucci handbags. I am trained in pasta warfare and I’m the only Italian in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another shitty monument. I will wipe you the fuck out with gnocci the likes of which has never been seen before in this pizzeria, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of chefs across the EU and your flavor profile is being traced right now so you better prepare for the espresso, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your taste in coffee. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can make pizza in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Vatican and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your legal pot. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn Sicilian. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, dutch.

Wtf I love nigger peter now

Wat zyde gy tot my, gy kleine duyvelspecht? Ik beveel ge er kennis van te neemen dat ik met lof ende goedkeuring een kaapersbrief heb gehad van Willem van Oranje ende betrokken ben geweest by talryke geheyme offensieven tegen Alva en de zyne, en zelfstandig meer dan drie honderden Spanjolen heb omgelegd. Ik ben gehard by den Katergeuzen en ben den beste schutter onder den Nederlandsche vlag. Ge bent niet meer dan myn zoveelste doelwit. Ik zal u uyt myne gewest verwyderen met een nauwkeurigheid die de wereld nog nimmer aangechouwen had. Let op myn verdomde woorden! Gy denkt dat ge deze leuhgenpraat aan my kan verkoopen per postduyf? Gy had tweemaal moeten denken, cattengehspuys! In dezen tyd dat ik deze missive opstel, stuur ik opdracht naar myn geheymen samenstel van verspieders ende vloerduyven, verspreid door den Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden en wordt dezen postduyf gevolgd, dus ge kunt zich maar beter voorbereiden op den storm, rabaut. Den storm die het bedroevenden klyne ding dat gy uw leven noemt weg zal vaagen. Gy bent dood, kind. Ik kan overal, ten alle tyden zyn ende ik kan ge op zeven honderden wyzen doden, ende dat is slechts met myne bloten handen. Niet alleen zyt ik veelomvattend geoefend in den ongewapenden krygskunst, maar alsmede heb ik het voltallige arsenaal der watergeuzen ter myner beschikking ende ik zal dat benutten om uwer lamlendigen achtereinde van het vastenland te vagen, gy klynen schobbejak. Als gy had geweten wat voor eene goddelooze vergelding uw 'geestige' missive teweeg zou brengen, had ge misschien op uwen tong gebeten. Maar dat kon ge niet. Gy deed het niet ende nu zult ge de tol betalen, gy verdomde smeerkanis. Ik zal furie over u schyten en gy zult er in verzuypen. Ge zyt dood, hoerenzeune.

thats funny. Idgaf I am an american student in rome rn fuck the EU lol cuck central

He's not even black, it's supposed to be soot from the chimney.

Ik koop al een jaar niet meer bij Jumbo. AH bevalt me toch beter.

there are many traditions that involve "blackfacing".
At some point they must get bored of complaining

Reminder that niggers complain not only because of discrimination (which is almost non-existent in the Netherlands) but also to push their anti-white agenda.

Just watch how these Zwarte Piet protestors go full Black Lives Matter this year.

Is sowieso een kutzaak met nooit aanbiedingen.

>letting a part of our culture being erased by a bunch of filthy foreigners and Marxist scum

Hey, if you cucks somehow manage to lose Zwarte Piet, come to Oranjestad. We tell those who oppose to fuck off. :^)

Als het regent in Amsterdam, dan druppelt het in Brussel...

In a few years the shitstorm here in Belgium will catch up to our northern brothers.

the fuck is this shit, please translate

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEE?

Complaining is the lifeblood of these people. Wherever they go, they must also complain.

As far as I can tell: a Dutch chain of supermarkets that has dropped Sinterklaas related products yet does sell mudshit stuff (halal foods, products related to the sugarfest etc)

Everybofy here thinks its fucking retarded that people are suddenly offended by a tradition that goes back hundreds of years.

I've never thought that it was racist or anything and i fucking love zwarte piet, everyone does, hes the jolly goodhearted guy that throws candy at your face with the speed of light.

Everybody that feels offended by zwarte piet is a dumb ignorant beta cuck that should kill himself immediatly. If it becomes racist i will dress like zwarte piet every single fucking day until it changes back. Mark my words.

So what its fine to have people dress as white fairy tail helpers for Santa but its racist to have black fairy tail helpers for Santa? Isn't not allowing black people in stories an actual form of racism?

The attack on Dutch culture continues

After Black Pete, Saint Nicholas is now no longer welcome at Jumbo [second-largest supermarket chain in the country].

Of course Jumbo does celebrate all Muslim holidays.

>Picture of Jumbo offering free baklava for Eid al-Adha
>Picture of Jumbo advertising "all products for Eid al-Fitr"
>Picture of a halal-only section at Jumbo
>Picture of Turkish flags at Jumbo

>most dutch people are calling for revolt or civil war at this point..

lol bullshit

Supermarket has shit for muslim festivities, halal meat, but banned st nicholas food (after zwarte piet was already banned).

eerste post beste post

lmao that gif
mind if i save it user?

oh really? it's not racist? pffft then WHY did they chose blackface and not another color? WHY did they chose black hmmm?

every tradition has a begining therefore the first "people"(racists) who decided making a character with a "blackface"(mocking black people) "tradition"(excuse for being racist) for a reason!

And the reason that is is because they're racists and any other explanation it's just an excuse to marginalize people just because the color of their skin, this is absolutely disgusting ugh.

face it, Zwarte Piet is racist no matter which way you slice it, deal with it bigot your "tradition" will fortunley disappear forever and your descendents will be happier for it, we are on the right side of history we will not stop until bigotry is eliminated forever and even then we will be forever vigilant in case that filth ever emerges again.
:)

0/10

not an argument

theres really no reason for why they chose blackface, no fucking reason it's disgusting, toxic and problematic.

Zwarte Piet is Portuguese, Alberto

If we wanted Zwarte Piet to be a black stereotype he would be stealing the presents, not handing them out.

8ch net en dan het board /meadhall/

Shut up, Port-o-Potty.

WE WUZ DUTCH RACIST WHO SEY THAIY WUZ KANGS WHO WUZ HATED BY GOD N SHEEEIIIT

You could say they're trying to deport the only nigger in the country who has a job.

>There is nothing wrong with this
It wouldn't make a difference if they used coloured Petes instead of Black Petes. Childeren wouldn't care if they would just get candy and their presents.
It's ridiculous that Dutch people get so riled up over this bullshit.

>It's ridiculous that Dutch people get so riled up over this bullshit.

I don't think its even about black pete, its much more about people feeling their culture is caving in bit by bit. more and more traditional shit is moving to the background and fading away. not just because of external influences either.

so people feel cornered and scared and with the last decade in media showing how bad we have it vs minorities and all the nonsense of refugees flooding, this sense of detachment gets stronger. and this black pete debate is the perfect way to express frustration in a clear way. muh tradition. we dindu's. etc.

Dude, the reason is we dislike niggers.
We hated them a hundred years and we still do, except then they used to be a pretty lucrative business.

We hate their backwards culture and think they're funny and dumb.

That being said, we took care of our former colonies and more or less accept the consequences, we can't help it some of them stupidly wanted independance over payment(I do feel bad for the Hindoo's in Suriname that got fucked by the Creolen). We repaid them plenty, and still do fyi.

low quality bait

typical racist trying to use logic detected.

This, people are finally noticing that their culture is being thrown away. most younger people dont give a shit, while people who grew up without the bastardizing of dutch traditions calling for a revolt(that wont happen).

also funny that the Dutch always try to force minorities to integrate, learn the language and become part of the Dutch culture.

and when they finally do (minorities adapting the Dutch way of expressing, protesting and loudly presenting their opinion) the Dutch tell them to fuck of to their own country.

double standards much? kek

imo minorities expressing themselves and not agreeing with stuff is the perfect example of integration.
you can see this with the Chinese as well, for 3 generations they have lived under the radar. we only saw them in their restaurants.
but the current generation is much more expressive and open.
and guess what, turns out they don't like how Asians are being portrayed. they never liked it but did not complain, until now.

so we want them to integrate but they need to shut the fuck up about stuff. that's what's the Dutch are about.

lol look at these racists and their excuses, pathetic

oh? so you dont like black people(don't use the n-word dude) because of their culture? so you do not hate them because of the color of their skin?

well then prove it to me, prove to me you're no a racist by allowing unrestricted immigration of black people into your country and mix with them ok? :)
after all if they adopt your culture then who cares if the netherlands get a little darker, were all human right?

don't be racist! :D

>WaPo
Jeff Bezos is a faggot.

i think this board is not for you

Yea pretty much, Be Dutch or fuck off.
If you dont indentify as only Dutch, why should i see them as Dutch.

You're a filthy turk or moroccan. Get the fuck out.

Are you trying to say something?

>the Dutch way
> expressing, protesting and loudly presenting their opinion

Sure thing buddy, I guess I just pulled that polder model out of my asshole?

You so funny, portugal. I'd love to visit your country again soon, best food ever.

Foreigners should have no say when it comes to our festivities. Pic related, dark skinned islanders in the Dutch Caribbean celebrating.

I'm the typical Dutch bro, white, tall, blue eyes, blonde hair.

I just don't feel the need to suddenly be racist just because I'm on Cred Forums

>For reasons that are both obvious and complicated, many people think the tradition is racist

SJW culture emanating from the US.

The complete and only answer.

>Pic related, dark skinned islanders in the Dutch Caribbean celebrating

Literally foreigners (the Dutch) pushing their culture into another countries culture.

you are not very smart are you.

What Dutchniggers should do, is kill any American tourist they can catch in the Netherlands around the holiday period.

>verified account
what the hell isgoing on user

Do you think it is racist to try and preserve traditions as they always were. you know be an actually tradition.

its not even racist though

>foreigners

Something which they are not. Do we have differences? Obviously. But we've been connected for the last 400 years. (Before you open your mouth about slavery, nobody cares.)

Bay bek bo pais.

ik ben bang voor die pieten

No I don't think its racist by definition. traditions are a great good, national awareness and everything.

But some traditions are questionable, and sometimes we don't even know it. takes people from the outside to point that out.

look at the history of the world, many traditions where racist or otherwise negative.
and yes, it usually takes a while for people to realise that. especially with the Dutch and their consensus tradition, will take a few more years.

but ignoring a negative side of a tradition simply because muh tradition, will not hold very long.

>Even minorities in the Netherlands embrace the tradition, some say
I hate when the journalist present his points of view as facts, but the opposite points as "some say", would argue, etc

>mfw lefties actually tried the argument 'change is essential to tradition'

>wikipedia:Aruba is een land binnen het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden

ze zijn geen 'foreigners' kankerkop
...ze zijn een speciale stuk van Nederland met hun eigen regels

Aruba is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the southern Caribbean Sea.

They belong to the kingdom of the Netherlands, therefore have Dutch Traditions. and im pretty sure there are very few if none Aruban natives left. Most of the poplulation are Mestizo meaning they have a european forefathers.

the traditions where introduced and pushed long before Aruba and the others where able to either become independent or stick with the Dutch,

so foreigners imposing their traditions is pretty accurate.

This is basically the "let me tell you about your country and why you shouldn't do things I don't like" article. Why on earth would anyone listen to some fag journalist in the US and say "I'm gonna change my country because someone on the other side of the planet doesn't like it certain things here"

>where

For fucks sake not again. Supermarkets are allowed to sell halal, sugar fest, and ramadamadingdong related things but black Pete is too racist.

Please note that Saint Nicholas was a holy man (bishop) and not some random slave owner.

These Black petes have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Surinamese/African slaves who came hundreds of years later. Black Pete is also not a "slave" he is a helper and there is a big difference. Saint Nicholas als treated these petes very well, and never torched them or made them suffer. They actually lived in his castle.

And what would give kids a better view of blacks?

a) A friendly black man giving presents and candy

b) OOG BOOG BAN LACK PEYT DAS WAISIS!

90% of blacks don't even give a fuck. It's usually whit sjw cucks that hate Black Pete.

Everyone on Aruba is a 'foreigner' silly.

Whether you like it or not doesn't matter God doesn't like it.

Deuteronomy 28:37
You will become an object of horror, ridicule, and mockery among all the nations to which the LORD sends you.

Just because God has cursed my people to be mocked and ridiculed for breaking his laws DOES NOT MEAN the one ridiculing us is right. NO. He's using your people to punish mine but your ass is still gonna pay for ridiculing my people regardless.

>we was kikes and shit

Muh tradition worked for hundred of years.
You yourself say traditions are great, Dutch traditions is what makes us Dutch not just language or geographical location.

So Dutch traditions may have negative effects for non Dutch people, but why should Dutch people care. Be Dutch or fuck off.

>Muh tradition worked for hundred of years.
it worked for the whites yeah

>So Dutch traditions may have negative effects for non Dutch people, but why should Dutch people care
so you admit its negative for others, but you don't care.

well at least someone in this discussion is being honest. well done.
too bad you don't have the guts to repeat this in real life.

>The Dutch are slowly recognizing that their blackface tradition of Zwarte Piet is racist and weird
No we're not, stopped reading right there
sage and hide

Fucking burgers get the fuck out of OUR DELICIOUS RACISM

ITS OURS, FUCK OFF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another Dutch faggot. Your women are hideous nonetheless I'm going to pick a ripe one to take not because I want her but just so your children will be ugly ass hell. Lmao Israel will take all your beautiful women and leave you with hags.

Obadiah 15:1
The day of the LORD is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head

Deuteronomy 21:10-11
When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife.

Isaiah 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.

Seven women taking hold of ONE MAN EACH. Save us please we won't bother you for anything just give us that dick daddy. So yeah each men who is one of my people in that day are gonna have 7 women each taking hold of us after we kill your asses. THAT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE ONES WE WANT! They're clinging on to us not us to them lmao. We still get to pick out the ones we want ON TOP OF THEM! Yeah so if you're lucky enough to survive your ass will be reproducing slaves for me and my children with a Pizza Planet.

Bro if you are implying i dont have the balls to say this shit in real life you are wrong, i have always been really vocal this subject

>Our culture is very important
>Some losers cry racism in an attempt to be relevant
>We must give up our precious culture because of this

Do you believe your own bullshit?

No they aren't and no it isn't. Sage and fuck off.

Indeed. If muslims are allowed to oppress women and blacks break the law because it's their culture, why can't we be racist, as is our culture?

sjoer bro

Why are dutchies so raycis when most of you are mulattos?

Quoting from the desert trilogy, doesnt make you superior.

Idioot. We /are/ with the Dutch.

And the other user was correct. The original inhabitants along with their own unique culture and traditions are dead.

>most of you are mulattos
ficki ficki has gotten into your head hans

I'm a Dutch-Canadian and I think having a serious problem with Zwarte Piet is fucking stupid.

same works in reverse though

>our culture is very important
>some fags object to parts of it because they realise its offensive
>we must preserve our culture at all costs, no matter the content.

I bet you are against women voting as well, because you know, it was such a long tradition before.

or how thousands of children died because we had a cycling tradition but not a safety tradition.

literally no one gives a shit about this except old women and college brainwashed liberals

>dress up as anime characters
No one bats an eye
>Dress up as jolly friendly folklore character who happens to be black
Everyone loses their shit

>shoot at tree
no one bats an eye
>shoot at people
everyone loses their shit

You are really implying a lot these last comments, afraid of losing the moral highground?

Wow, the left attacking tradition and other systems for promoting a vital sense of community and social harmony that bring about a strong, tight knit, unified nation?
What next I should wonder.

Make that the last 15 years

Hey, belgian cuck. I was today in Liegé and it is about 50% niggers and Muslims. What have you done? The city is filthy and it is full of niggers.

I wanted to see some cultural European cites, but after 10 minutes driving through I wanted to bomb that place, because you can not fix it anymore.

I thought there were some racists in Belgium left.

I don't really see how voting equals tradition, but okay.

If our tradition was painting people black and throwing them off rooftops or whipping them then yes, get rid of that shit.

If our tradition is giving children free candy and presents and just in general having a fun holiday, and oh also some people are black, I don't see the problem.

Also

>black pets and their sjw owners desperately clinging on to trivial non-issues

such is life in the current year

isnt it just recognizing a historical event

dont see much wrong with that

A tree and a person are not fictive characters

Absolutely this. They're free to go back to the shithole countries they came from.

>vrijwillig naar Wallonië gaan
>Duitsland kent deze problemen niet

verrekte mongol

how is pointing out to other traditions that got lost implying?
I bet we can get a mile-long list of traditions being lost one way or another.

I'm not an high ground either, I simply question the argument, and only argument, that traditions must prevail at all cost.

Jammer dat hier alleen de Jumbo fatsoenlijk paardenvlees heeft, verder wil ik er ook niet dood gevonden worden.

WTF have we done CTR, our ((media)) is grand empress Clinton!

Wir haben nirgends so viele Nigger, du Schwachmat.

Is in support for grand empress Clinton.
I spell like a fag

>If our tradition was painting people black and throwing them off rooftops or whipping them then yes, get rid of that shit.

so you are negotiating semantics now, if its clearly hurtful and bad, lose it, if I can't see how its hurting and certainly not hurting me, lets keep it.

nope, but one gets hurt and the other doesn't

>Wir haben nirgends so viele Nigger, du Schwachmat.
bitte einige jahren warten

warum warst du eigentlich in das belgische jungle?

Laatste keer dat Duitsers vrijwillig naar België gingen was 't in Panzers...

>problematic

Stopped reading there. Don't give into them, Dutchbros, you're like our brothers on the continent.

I'll be praying to kek for PVV and Wilders in 2017.

Belgien hat die Schwarzen, ihr habt die Türken.

Hmm. What did they mean by this?

The whole thing is astroturfed by Dutch government television.

Nobody cares about Zwarte Piet in Belgium, Suriname or the Dutch Antilles.

>reply to a dutch post
>blaim them for walloon cities

Im qouting you here

well at least someone in this discussion is being honest. well done.
too bad you don't have the guts to repeat this in real life.

I bet you are against women voting as well, because you know, it was such a long tradition before.

or how thousands of children died because we had a cycling tradition but not a safety tradition.

I dont see how these ''arguments" contribute to the discussion, they are purely to bash the other person.

>And certainly not hurting me

Stop implying. You're not some superior empathetic being in a world full of emotionless drones.

People can get literally offended by anything if they choose to, but even an average person can tell what is bullshit and what isn't.

I've never even met a people offended by this even though I know plenty of immigrants, yes Africans aswell.

As I said before, it's just a bunch of losers trying to be relevant, if I recall correctly this all started with some irrelevant UK female black politician who didn't know what she was talking about.

I'm going to stop replying because you're either a troll or just fucking stupid, I can only hope our country will never fall to the point where this level of bullshit-argueing will cause drastic changes. Be ashamed of yourself and what you are.

unfortunately, our kingdom contains several countries full of black people and they are allowed to freely migrate here because of that

we need to give full independence to the Caribbean islands

>be kid
>kind of scared of sinterklaas
>love zwarte piet
>compete every year in gym class to win a 'zwarte piet diploma' so that you might qualify one day to become a zwarte piet
>never once associate zwarte piet with black people because they don't look similar at all
>grow up as anti-racist happy youth
>enter the late 2000's, early 2010's
>american identity politics are slowly imported into dutchland
>zwarte piet is now racist
>face choice between being not-racist or liking zwarte piet

well that was easy, we 14/88 now.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=20SEHVEQW6k

Jup, is idd racistisch, maar ik geef geen fuck, dus nu opkankeren.

Linksvolk denkt alleen maar dat hun mening ertoe doet omdat iedereen in hun waanbeelden meespeelt.

>neger is racisme nu

both our countries used to be pretty based, then socialism came and fucked us in the ass

You are right about that, but they are living in third generation now here. I prefer them than a Syrian or some African to just came over. I understand that they speak french and they come to places where french is spoken, but Jesus that is multiculti at its worst.

t. ouwe witte sok.
van muiswinkel is echt gestoord geworden. zal wel een symptoom van boetedoening zijn.

Quality post right here. "Brazil nuts" used to be called nigger toes without a hint of the dreaded racism. My grandmother has had, for as long as I can remember, little nigger figurines reminiscent of Gone With the Wind on a shelf, without malice.

SWEDEN

>Liegé

>problematic

OK, now I get it- You dissociated already completely from that disgrace in your country. Do you hope it goes away or do you wish to separate from that region some day?

A wall would be cool

the best part about that gif is knowing thats the guy from pornstar punishment and he's probably about to hatefuck the shit out of the blonde

Wenn es nach Soros geht geht es nicht mehr so lange. Aber das war einfach schockierend. Ich war in Remouchamps bei der Grote und dachte ich gucke mir auf den Weg Liegé an. Das war eine herbe Enttäuschung.

How fucking stupid are you? Women got the vote one year after men got the vote. How the fuck can you still be complaining about that?

Open a fucking history book.

In the province Fryslân they have their own version of Sinterklaas. That one is definitely not going to change because some of sjws randstad cucks guilt trip.

How come? Is it because of new migrants?

>bij de jumbo kopen
>niet gewoon appie

sloeber

thisiswhywecan'thavenicethings.gif

Let's not forget that sinterklaas companies now either have security guards with them or quickly go inside to prevent getting beaten up for being "racist" for small events.

Hier vul maar in pannenkoek.

Literally what the fuck are you even talking about? Let's keep this discussion in the real world

There's a simple non-racist solution to this one as well but thinking in such a way is beyond leftist idiots.

Just paint a black guy white and make him play the part of Saint Nicholas. Problem fucking solved.

They already do that.

>most of you are mulattos?

wut

>It's literally a bunch of white cucks that feel the need to be SJWs and create more drama around literally nothing.
90% of "culturally insensitive" things in a nutshell.

So why is this still a problem then?

Get cucked dutchies, SJW's trying this in Flanders get shut down inmediatly.

>problematic

Nothing triggers me more than this word.
I would beat to pulp someone using this word in real life.

It will get banned because of migrants.

Why arent you boycotting it.

Migrants don't like native traditions. Whitey should replace Zwarte Piet with ghetto rap streets.

There is nothing I hate more than a fanatically religious and delusional fucking nigger

And due to the lack of intelligence in the nigger race, there are quite a few of you retarded fanatics

Black lives matter, white woman should prepare agnus in black lives street.

When I was a kid my school was full of Moroccans and blacks, all the kids loved Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet.
Also I remember a black kid being painted black and playing Zwarte Piet.

These nignogs and their whitey helpers need to complain to fund their complaining. Without complaining no funding.

Most kids are afraid because they know the saint will judge them. And take them in the bag back to Spain. Saint Nicolas is like a strict father figure while Black Pete is more of a friendly clown.

Zwarte begone, white prostitution ok. It's totally not racist when in porn black men abuse white women, but painting your face black, that's totally uber racists.

They complain, are victims, then later whitey will be victim. It always goes like that. You have to remember that those black people abandoned their countries, families for more money, now they pretend their feelings are hurt.

Coop hier

What you fail to realise is that niggers have been living here since the 70s and it was never a problem.

what a load of cancerous shit, i always try to ignore this shitty news and keep on seeing what i've seen in my childhood near the school of the rural village i live in.

Why don't they just get ACTUAL black people to portray these blackfaced white people? Boom no racism

This portrayal actually requires effort and generosity. So only whites possess the skills needed.

Because they're not blackfaces.

Their faces are black from the soot from them climbing down chimneys. That's it. Your shitty excuse for a newspaper didn't even bother to look into it, just saw the surface of things and entered "MUH FEELS" mode.

European countries need to just ban anything american outright.

All this shit comes from the US.

You have to remember 80ies Turks in Germany, totally obedient, totally respectful for Germans. There's more of them now, this is why they will slowly start to transform your country and turn you into a slave. Make no mistake, migrants are the most vile people. They have no feelings, if they had they wouldn't be leaving their country. Those pretentious migrants should be stacked in their own town and never allowed to leave.

Get off my board, faggot

>Born just in time for the Great Zwate Piet Race War

Spot on!

More traitors migrants they import, more chances that one of those migrants sells infrastructure to Americans. Story of London, eventually it will be owned by foreigners.

Balkans don't need immigrants to sell infrastructure T B H, our politicians are doing a good enough job already.

Also Fuck london, and the UK, it's just discount USA today.

>everybody must be tolerant
>except if you don't like zwarte piet, then it's okay to demonize it and its proponents
>and it is completely fine to unjustly call every one of them a racist
If they can't tolerate something that almost the entire country likes then they can get the fuck out

true, we have been ideologically colonised by the big US dollar benis

sucks

That's true, but we are struggling to build one mosque in whole country, I can tolerate some Albanians who been here since forever, but they are really pushing more Albanians and more Macedonians too. Selling your infrastructure to EU billionaires is different animal than selling it to American or Sheik billionaires, since you know Sheiks will build Muslim schools/mosques, while American billionaires will do their usual exploitation and shitty food chains, supermarkets. I have enough of German supermarkets, don't need extra kebabs or American supermarkets. EU still controls most of it's industry, one of reasons why they reject TPP and similar deals with Americans and Australians. It's funny, you have a small town, lets say 5000 people and 5 big supermarkets, all racing which 2 or 3 of them will fail, but it's worth it for them, they risk 100 millions to conquer the market. Then when they done doing that you can expect even more migrants, since that's their cheap labour. If they want to help African/Arab nations they should be doing that in their own countries and stop bombing them. It's rather silly when they bomb them, import them and then talk about how we should change for them.

I agree with you completely, germany is scum, only slightly less scum than the US.
>Macedonians
Don't be fooled they don't want macedonians, they want their shiptar 200 member families, after that they'll start claiming that they are opressed make war (supported by the US of course) then they'll open their own schools (US again) and more and more, it will never be enough and they'll always be opressed you however can't do anything because politicians are cucks and bought off by guess who.

I laughed way harder than I should have

I like these black people. Them and the Ethiopians are the ones who should be spared and used to build an excellent black race with which the white race can share its walk with, rather than the current arrangement where we have to drag them kicking and screaming through being civilized.

I'm glad they are destroying this part of dutch culture, it fuels the fire. It makes people angry and once they're angry enough they'll revolt.

Here's a vid of an angry dutchman riding into battle for black pete using traditional dutch CQC.

youtube.com/watch?v=zoAlEYg093E

ahahahaha autism power will save us all

>>Literally foreigners (the Dutch) pushing their culture into another countries culture.

except they're Dutch citizens

kek

When looking at their skull shapes Ethiopians appear more Caucasian than African (Negroid).

HEYHEYHEYHOHOHOHOHOHOEYEYEYEYEY

Really not my problem if they suffer in Africa or Syria. I never wanted war there. Elites who start wars there then send us people the price to pay, while they being international can move to any patch of save haven land they want. Those politicians need to be taught their own medicine, they should be living in war zones they create and every week live with different migrants. Today's politicians are so immune, when Obama came to Slovenia, they had to close few streets, he was rolling in armored vehicle... in a country where he has nothing to fear. They fear peaceful people, but promote war torn people as good migrants.

Americans fear everything especially their politicians they live in constant fear of their own shadows.

I think the Surinamese and Dutch Carribeans are way more easy going than American blacks. Indonesians are also a comfy minority.

It's mostly sand people and the eternal t*rk that cause problems.

I can't wait to protest the eventual BLM NL movement in a black pete outfit.

Funny shit is that most of the people complaining about black pete aren't even black.
Mostly white cucks and lightly tanned dunecoons.

We ate our PM last time we got mad, I can't wait to find out what we'll do this time!

Nothing enrages me more than this black pete discussion.

I lose whenever I see Sunny Bergman or Quinsy Gario. This SJW nonsense is nothing short of cultural terrorism.

Don't mess with Odin's ravens!

Balkenende hooligans en alles is voor Bassie! Nelson Mandela had rode lippen en was gemaakt van ballonen!

It's racist to think this is racist.

Paint can be any colour or shade and people can paint their faces whatever colour or shade they want.

Capitalists talk one thing, do totally different thing. They create racism. Nobody was thinking about racism in Yugoslavia, since really there was no need, everybody knew their place. You knew who was Serbian, you know who was Croatian, you knew where gypsy town was, you didn't need to understand them or engage in their culture, they didn't try to force their way into your culture. Sometimes some Serbian gone mad, no big deal, there was police, but police nowadays sleeps, you call them about drug addicts 3 times and they give them warnings. They should send them to treatment. Now we don't even regulate cultures any longer and no effort is made in school to teach people about it, they just assume we will be American freedom on our own and fix it on our own, shit doesn't works like that. Nigger man should be breeding with nigger women and dance their Zulu dance in Africa. Gypsies should do their shit whatever they do in designated gypsy place. Now they thrown us all together, like this ever worker anywhere in history. How do they expect even Christians and Muslims to understand each other if they believe and live for different shit? You need police patrol between such people so they don't go mad on each other. USA is 1st world country and has higher crime than we do. American whore marriages don't work, why do they think this shit capitalism will work here? They don't think, they move numbers around, may it be money or people. We already have 3 times more crime than in Yugoslavia, i guess they want us to have even more.

Might have to go prevent another "ethnic cleansing" while we're at it.

No. It's just bullshit inspired by American 'black pride'. The core faggots even walk around dressed like 'black panthers'. It's pathetic.

>civil war

why tho

This pleases me.

Whatevet happened with the Washington Red Skins. Did they also give in and changed their heritage to fit the current safe space culture?

no danke

I hate kikes so much. Why do they want to destroy culture?

The only people who I hear bitching about this are faggot from the U.S. no one else gives a fuck

In past it was like this: "you want to be American or Austrian, then go to USA or Austria."
Now it is like this: "you want to be American or Austrian, WOW you are so amazing. Foreign culture is better, native culture, fuck that."

Why do all you retards always think they were indonesians. They were dutch speaking mixed people who had to leave after the revolution because they weren't safe anymore in what was called Indonesia at that point. That migration is even called repatriation.

>post yfw you live to see freedom take hold of the world

I bought my first bag of pepernoten today lads

im feeling a bit sick now I cant stop eating them

>Sunny Bergman
The archetypical demented sjw whore.

>Quinsy Gario
I'm convinced at this point that this dude is a troll. He's hilarious.

>Sunny Bergman
Also a jew with an ugly roast beef cunt (not kidding).