Should people who don't pay any taxes be allowed to vote?

Should people who don't pay any taxes be allowed to vote?

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-01/study-undocumented-immigrants-pay-billions-in-taxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

democrats need to go on a helicopter ride

maybe

but people on welfare (no work) and illegals should never be allowed to vote

Cognitive dissonance now becomeing more and more clear, eh Cred Forums?
Not cool for illegals to mooch the system but its OK for Trump. Meanwhile, Trump has 3500 law suits chewing up the judicial system, costing the taxpayer millions upon millions....

wtf i hate trump now

Good post.

Going on welfare should be forfeiting your vote.

Who doesn't pay taxes? Children and people in prison?

People not in the work force.

I think only those who own land should vote desu

And googles on welfare. And illegals. Basically the democratic base.

Thank you for correcting le reddit

I came up with this idea one day on a long drive for work.

What if the weight of your vote was tied directly to how much money your taxes contribute to a specific government? Pay your income taxes as your standard red-blooded American, and you have $20k worth of vote credit for the federal election. Don't pay any income taxes? Well fuck you, vote for a senator with your $200 worth of cigarette taxes you payed to the state last year.

Combine this with the removal of lobbying influence on politicians, and it would be the best compromise between rich fags and burnouts. It would encourage the rich to not avoid their tax obligations, yet it wouldn't remove the influence of wealthy/successful people from politics completely.

r8 h8 ber8

Should people who don't pay taxes be allowed to be president?

We get it, trump sucks, we've heard it hundreds of times a day for months now. Everything you say negative about trump is more true for hillary. we're voting for policy, not who the lesser douche is.

This is historically how the system has essentially worked. Initially voters could only be land owning males. Males, as head of household - smallest societal feature, man and woman in union - and land owning, in that the individual had a skin in the game. They literally owned a part of the country.

Enter Universal Suffrage and some way of getting everyone into the system who would ultimately have some say in that system, and we get the income tax.

Now a non-trivial number of people are of a mind that regardless of how invested you are in this thing we call America you should have a say in what someone else should be OBLIGED to invest in that America.

Whole thing has been turned on its head.

ameridiots fooled by identity politics need to be gassed immediately

Of this happened, Republicans would win by a landslide

(((republican states take in more welfare than democratic states, poor whites take more in welfare than niggers)))

All CITIZENS, regardless of socio-economic status should vote.

...but you have repubicucks who think that just because you have dark skin you should't be allowed to vote...

The bottom 50% ends up paying nothing. They get it all, plus more, back in their return

and pensioners, who paid taxes for decades until they retired. And people who recently lost their jobs.

yeah, see the thing is that if you did make it so that only people who paid taxes could vote then you could work a job for decades, paying taxes all the while, and then find yourself stripped of your most basic civil right just because you lost your job one year/retired.

also, EVERYBODY pays taxes. Every time you buy something you pay sales tax, and you also pay for the cost of tariffs on imported goods. There might be people who don't pay income tax, but no one in America goes more than a few days without paying some kind of tax.

And what do you think would happen if a system was instituted where only people who pay income tax get to vote? Inevitably income tax would be slashed to 1%. but only on income above 250k. And the tax burden would be shifted onto sales tax and import duties, etc, etc.

Make it so that it's any tax whatsoever? Well that would leave everyone, even children, able to vote. But assuming sales tax and other taxes that everyone pays were ended, don't think for a second that the rich wouldn't still game the system. You already see it now at the local level in America - local governments don't want to raise taxes, so instead they raise fines and fees. All across America local governments make up budget shortfall by setting ridiculous speed limits and gouging anyone who breaks them. Want to park on the street? Guess why parking fees on so high. Want to do any kind of business with government, like get a birth certificate issued? Don't be surprised when they charge you an arm and a leg. Essentially because fines and fees are fixed amounts and not based on a percentage of income, in some areas they're so widespread and unavoidable they amount to regressive tax.

It never ceases to amaze me how fucking stupid people are. Does no one ever think anything through?

>paying less taxes than necessary is the same as paying no taxes

Epic
My record has never been this corrected

No, you should pay taxes to vote in a national election and have to own land to vote in state elections.

There I fixed the U.S system, you're welcome.

Only those who have served, completed military service, and returned to civilian life should be allowed to vote.

Better yet, only white men who own property should be able to vote, and the house of representatives should pick the senate. That's the way America was meant to be.

>EVERYBODY pays taxes. Every time you buy something you pay sales tax

Everyone that talks about taxes like this thread are clearly referring to income taxes.

Only property and business owners should be allowed to vote.

>Everyone that talks about taxes like this thread are clearly referring to income taxes.
which, as I explained, is completely fucking moronic

>And what do you think would happen if a system was instituted where only people who pay income tax get to vote? Inevitably income tax would be slashed to 1%. but only on income above 250k. And the tax burden would be shifted onto sales tax and import duties, etc, etc.

now look at which cities in those states receive all the welfare, and how those cities vote.

They also shouldn't be allowed to hold any office in government

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE???

Hell yes. People who don't use tax shelters are minimun wagers anyways.

This isn't a gray issue at all; you either pay the taxes in full or you don't. You aren't better for paying more than someone who pays nothing while still paying less than someone who pays the full tax.

I don't get why people are making this an issue when they probably have some write offs of some sort. These things are so common. To top it off, how many people would pay 0 taxes if there were a perfectly legal way for them to do so?

Starship Troopers (book) is the only model that matters.

illegals still pay sales tax and pay property tax via their rent checks. Probably a much greater share of their income goes to the government than Trumps does.

yes thatll work nicely for us

You fool

Trump has paid more taxes in his life than any of us on this board ever will combined

Just because he used legal methods to pay less than he was going to originally doesnt change this fact

Everybody pays taxes one way or another dumbass. Sales tax.

Yet how much more has Trump burdened the road system? The justice system? The fire department?

Trump has used all these services far more than any of us. Shouldn't he pay his fair share for them?

I see absolutely no evidence for this, considering Trump wont release his tax returns

State tax isn't a national tax, dumb fuck. It's also not a "tax" on citizens, because even children and tourists have to pay sales tax.

>State tax isn't a national tax
import tariffs are though.

>It's also not a "tax" on citizens
>"tax"
Your founding fathers certainly thought that those sorts of government revenue schemes constituted taxes.

>because even children and tourists have to pay sales tax.
which is why making voting conditional on paying taxes is retarded

>is completely fucking moronic

>b-b-but I paid taxes at one point, that means I should be able to tell the gov't how to spend other people's taxes now that I'm not contributing

It is completely fucking moronic.

>>b-b-but I paid taxes at one point, that means I should be able to tell the gov't how to spend other people's taxes now that I'm not contributing

>a pensioner who paid into the system for 50 years shouldn't be able to vote, but a teenager who's spent 6 months working at McDonalds should.

>someone who's no longer paying income tax should vote whereas someone who is paying shouldn't

And here I thought you cucks learned something with Brexit.

federal taxes != state taxes != municipal taxes

Hillarys actual support would drop from 1% to 0%, kek

Interstate highways? The US Navy patrolling trade routes? The Justice Department and Homeland Security protecting borders? Many of Trump's employees who receive Medicaid because Trump doesn't pay them enough?

He pays way more in taxes relative to the public services he uses. That's just basic reality here.

aweoüsrgowesBNDBOPG

Just shut up. Fuck. We still can't vote for Hillary and continue you the shit that is going on you stupid kike.

Just being on welfare shouldn't eliminate your vote. Extended periods of welfare should.

If someone loses their job and has to go on welfare for a few months while they find a new one, they should keep their vote.

However, Shaniqua using her welfare for extended periods while having enough money for a new iPhone should not.

Lmao, heres your (You)

Wasnt even trolling. Here you go...study estimates that illegals on average pay 8% of their income to taxes, which, sadly, is more than many 1%ers (like Trump apparently.)

usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-01/study-undocumented-immigrants-pay-billions-in-taxes

I know New England has bizarro politics where they elect Doctor Cred Forums as governor but vote Obongo in the general. But what about the Northwest? How cucked are they?

See

You pay consumable taxes after you get paid for off the books work that neither you or your employer report. Also illegals in America live in enclaves so one family foots the income tax while the rest live scot free and send money home. In addition living in the states almost requires you to con the system to avoid being picked up if you are illegal.

My source, I lived in Florida and saw how they lived firsthand. I made many spanish friends who thought I was spanish. Im native actually.

Why should people who don't pay into the system have a say in where the contributors' money goes?

>chewing up the judicial system, costing the taxpayer millions upon millions
No part of the Judicial system is actually expensive to operate. Its cost is inflated almost exclusively by bureaucratic judges who demand higher salaries for doing absolutely nothing. The money is taken from taxpayers and spent by jewish cunts regardless of what happens in the court room.

That would make income tax a poll tax making income taxes illegal.