What are your thoughts on this novel?

>"The Man in the High Castle"
>The Axis won WWII
>The USA are split between the Third Reich and The Japan Empire
>Nazi Germany and Japan also end up in a state of cold war
>The world is basically the same as in our reality, no heroic American propaganda : "muh evil Hitler, dystopic world"

One of the most red-pilled books I've ever read, the series is shit though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DI4VGfQgqxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WnE7gckfr58
change.org/p/united-states-department-of-justice-audit-david-brock-s-media-matters-conglomerate
youtube.com/watch?v=YekQIyZdmVo
youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvUqfsnP9jbHWICUa5BIFXjIsI34e4pio
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285423/Half-Belgiums-euthanasia-nurses-admit-killing-consent.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-S_DV4HUj6A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I saw the tv show and it was a dystopic world with evil nazis.

we could have had the dream

The TV show caused lots of butthurt. thats all i know. Maybe I'll read it sometime.

What? You didn't watch the same show as me then, m8!

The show I watched had a quasi utopian American society, wealthy and will greater technological development than the real US, in which the Jews are subversive and trying to assassinate people, and the high ranking Nazi officer is a model father and husband, and an all around good person. 8/8, would want to live there tbqfwy.

>Hitler is the good guy
>Evil nazis
Did we watch the same show?

>The Axis winning means they were somehow to not only invade but conquer mainland USA

Shit premise, honestly.

I believe the Germans got the A bomb first. A bomb on NYC and few other cities and we would have capitulated.

Apparently not. Since the good guys are fighting for racial justice and the bad guys get off to torture and shit.

In the book they didn't have to invade with force because America surrendered after the Germans nuked Washington DC IIRC.

I quite liked it. Nazis were not as ebil as I thought they would make them.

Best character by far.

youtube.com/watch?v=DI4VGfQgqxQ

>Hicks in Bumfuck, Alabama and Nowheresville, Kansas give a fuck about DC or NYC.

Not really making it any more plausible. Try again.

>he thinks america would've been able to hold out against all of Europe and russia, AND japan

I couldn't get into the show at all, watched 3 episodes and can't remember much really happening.

Remember, the American people didn't really have strong feelings against the Nazis. The only reason the US went to war against Germany was because Germany declared war in support of the Japanese.

So, the hicks in Alabama didn't care about DC before the Germans nuked it, and likely wouldn't care too much after it got nuked, and by then it was too late.

The author is Philip K Dick, he wrote a lot of super good books. "A scanner darkly" is probably my favorite. Do androids dream of electric sheep is another classic.

i just recently watched the series...and jesus i want to live in the greater reich...i want off this jewish ride we call the current year..

Resistance is pretty easily crushed with overwhelming numbers and violence after the military is dispatched. Some bolt action hunting rifles against an occupying force in the 1940s is a whole lot different to what we see today

>resistance is made up of jews and blacks
>gas the cripples on tuesdays

Hugo award winner for best science fiction book ever written, it's great and it was written a long time ago before the propaganda got out of control in our timeline. the definitive alternate universe novel setting the genre, one small change brings about a world of change, no heroic trying to undo it, just trying to reach the author of a radical book set place in an alternate timeliness where the axis lost...

So who was the man in the high castle? Hitler watching the tapes? Or was it referring to someone else?

hitler is the man in the high castle.

Phillip K Dick is a great writer

i only watched a bit of the series, but the "hospital ashes" scene was so fucking retarded.

i agree friend, but admonishing small things like that its overall a very good ride how how it should have been..

Things would have quickly changed if they had ever managed to get a foothold in the US.

>All of Europe and Russia, which would still be in ruins from the massive fucking war that was raging and would no doubt still be full of insurrectionists against the new German Empire, would still somehow have the resources to cross oceans with enough force to take the US.

Also, a nuke in DC doesn't cripple the Navy, which, if you'll recall, was beating Japan.

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=WnE7gckfr58

sign this petition to fuck up david brock and his correct the record goons. you can use a fake name and it only takes 2 minutes..

>change.org/p/united-states-department-of-justice-audit-david-brock-s-media-matters-conglomerate

WHY ARE WE ALWAYS FORGOTTEN???

REEEEE

>Military is dispatched

How does a nuke in the capital accomplish that?

Regardless, "hunters with bolt-actions" would be quite sufficient in holding off would be occupiers for long enough to make the idea of holding the US unpalatable, especially since the level of control over Europe and Asia would be tenuous at best.

i didnt forget you lasagna bro

Probably something to do with Italy being more of nuisance to the Axis than any actual use.

The book is all about how easily America accepts NatSoc, yeah there is a resistance but for most people, not much changes

>which would still be in ruins from the massive fucking war that was raging

They would have an exponentially larger pool of recruits and resources to call on regardless. There's simply no way that america could've won.

I like how the show actually makes the audience sympathetic to Obergruppenfuhrer Smith. Hell even the Inspector Kido guy was relatable towards the end

come on, buddy, we both know you don't REALLY want that on your resume.

>Japan and Germany get to split glorious USA
>Italy gets Mexico

Shut up Ireland

>our new subjects are insane fucks who peel eachother faces off

WAKE ME UP

Oh, so now we're pretending that American culture was the complete opposite of reality to make the plot work? I guess that makes sense then.

Not really a "What if the Axis won" scenario in that case, though. More of a "what if everything in the whole world was completely different".

That's exactly it. And it is perfectly illustrated by Tagomi when he somehow makes it to an alternate timeline (supposedly ours) where Germany lost, and he thinks that this one is the actual dystopia. No "Shit, Hitler lost here, this place must be so sweet", just terror and confusion, even though his world is not ideal either.

>Recruits conscripted into service from the countries that were just conquered

Yeah, that's sure to be a loyal army.

Also, every country in Europe was running out of resources to continue the war, that's why the US came out a superpower, our industry and agriculture hadn't been obliterated like much of Europe's so we could provide the resources for rebuilding.

The book has an odd writing style. I was unclear as to what exactly happened to Africa... Did the nazis kill all the niggers or something? It didn't really say directly, but mentioned death camps.

Tbh most of the book explores japanese occupation far more than the reich. And compared to the japs the nazi rule seems far more preferable, for whites at least.

Oh and the nazis are far more technologically advanced than jewish run nations, which was the case during ww2 too.

>Italy gets Mexico

Makes sense, since Mexico is a part of Latin America.

>Japan and Germany get to split glorious USA

Japan would get all of the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii, while Germany would get the rest.

You got to be kidding me.

Fucking ITALY?

Come on, Hitler practically prevented atomic destruction and war with Japan in the show, give him at least that.

Your flag is Italy's flag with an eagle thrown in.

Or the far more likely conclusion: Japan tries to invade the west coast and gets the remains of their navy destroyed, and as such have no means to control the territory they've claimed; meanwhile, Germany attempts to invade from the East Coast and also gets the remains of their navy destroyed and any forces that do make it inland are ground to a bloody pulp in the Appalachians.

As I said, this scenario where winning WWII=conquering the US is fucking idiotic. Even a nuke in DC wouldn't accomplish much more than making sure Americans are even more pissed off at them.

is season 2 coming out?

pls don't crush my dreams famalam

Im a huge of PKD but I thought this was his weakest book I read so far. Most of it is just about buy/selling American antiques.

Not very good. Dick seems to be very good at world building and describing immersive environments for storytelling but the actual plot goes nowhere and the ending of the novel is absolute trash.

Dude meta lmao.

It is vaguely said that African people are used as living experiment subjects by the Nazis (and the one that aren't are pretty much said to be genocided). But you said it yourself, the book is mainly written with the point of view of the Japanese "Pacific States of America", which are in a cold war with their former allies. The same way the West said all kind of things about the USSR (which were rather accurate though).

And you could also imagine the writer purposedly added some details that would make his description of Germany more like the historically official version of Nazi Germany we are taught. Else he would have probably been called a Nazi himself.

Never read it but obviously I do wish Germany and Japan won

>this will never be reality

why live?

>Yeah, that's sure to be a loyal army.

Hundreds of thousands of conscripts from eastern europe fought for Germany. There weren't any real issues.

>every country in Europe was running out of resources

The soviet union had almost inexhaustible resources at their disposal. That's why hitler wanted it in the first place. Assuming he got that whole region under his control, the axis wouldn't have had any issue with resources.

Shit show and really really average book

If you want to read something decent where Nazis won then read Fatherland from Rob Harris. It also has a movie but it's pretty shit compared to the novel.

The guy sets the historical context by telling us the lives of regular citizens. You know during the US/USSR Cold War people weren't obsessed all day with what was going on in Korea or in whatever country where there was an armed conflict, right? Come on, regular citizens still had lifes.

Alternate timeline - the US never entered WWII.

Did we watch the same show?

It explains quite clearly that the GOVERNMENT capitulated from the atomic bombings and there was a lot of resistance (and there is a lot of continuing resistance) in the free mid border area.

Just because a government surrenders doesn't mean the people roll over and do whatever, either in this show or in real life. But it does mean that the government surrenders.

Thats why I love his writing because it takes the most average people and makes their lives so intresting and intense

I know, I've still got to read this one

come on be realistic, the fear of such a weapon being used on the U.S would be astronomically high.

In Japan it only took 2 to destroy the resolve to fight on and mind you it wasn't even used on the capital and the Japanese don't like to give up either.

You don't think two nukes would break any one nations resolve (even that of the United States) at the time knowing they have none of the same capability to fight back?

>book about muh 66 trillion
>german cuck thinks its better

Like clockwork.

I should mention that the whole reason Hitler won was because he is able to see into the future so he just outplayed everyone in 15D hopscotch.

Is that to mean red-pill is shit?

December 16 my man.

A badass eagle.

He won because he got the bomb first and dropped it on Washington DC

Thanks for the recommendation senpai. Have you read any other alt history shit?

I've read a lot about those memetic better-known alt history novels about WW2 like The War That Came Early or whatever it's called.

I watched the first episode of the tv series and it was quite literally the worst live-action series I've ever seen in my entire life.

horribly fucking acted, awful writing, boring cinematography
didn't even finish the first episode

i'll read the book one of these days

Japan did not surrender due to the nukes, this is allied propaganda. Stalin was invading Japan and the USA made progress too.

The only reason the nukes were used was to show Stalin the strength of the US army.

This.

I just watched the first 2 episodes because I couldn't take more of this gay shit.

Basically the nazis tortured and kidnapped (((people))) that were figthing for freedumbs and shit. Also the nazis burned people at the hospitals and were generally unlikeable monsters.

Nothing redpilled about it, you retarded shills.

Fuck off Ahmed, Nazis in the show turned America into a paradise.

One of the last scenes with Hitler & Wegner was one of the best scenes I've seen in TV history. Also the scene where Wegner visits Berlin and his wife. God damn ! Can't wait for season 2, starts on 16th of December

Is the show actually good? I dont care about your pol opinions I mean like is the writing, acting, and scenery good?

In the show, it showed that nazi is shoaing the mentally or physically disabled. Does such policy leads to reduction in aforementioned population ?

>Nazi Germany won WW2 becuase they droped nukes in America
>Soviets had nukes in 1953
>implying Nazis were in charge to fight or win against cold war Soviet Union
What a load of crap, the Slavic communist block would be at least a superpower as big as Japan

thanks for that date user!

Got it marked on my calendar now

Currently in production.

thanks

also i'm romanian not italian but i get your pic.

pretty sad the best countries back then are now just flooded with shitskins.

(little comparision: have seen more niggers alongsides mudskins & others in 2 days while in italy than my entire life in romania)

I didn't watch the show because the premise is retarded.

absolutely fucking not

Amazing. The uniforms look extremely close to the originals, the characters are deep and likeable + the character development is absolutely superb through the series. I'd give it a recommend for sure. The last episode was so well done that it left me quite impressed afterwards, usually the last episodes in a series are somewhat bad, but this one was top notch

And yet you don't even understand the premise.

Have you read the novel?

youtube.com/watch?v=YekQIyZdmVo

Season 2 trailer right there ^ np man !

So funny that OP calls the book Red Pilled. Dick was the first one spouting about the Matrix at some french sci fi con in the early 80s. All of his works had to do with questioning reality. You cant get more "Red Pilled" than PKD.

He claimed that people were contacting sci-fi authors making them add propaganda. He filed a complaint with the FBI and claimed that he was pretty sure they had contacted other authors. Explains alot of the hippie dystopian shit in the 70s. His gnostic schizo ramblings are a bit much though.

Video of dick in the 70s talking about the matrix.

youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

Game's not bad but the trailers and media they created for PR are fucking 10/10.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvUqfsnP9jbHWICUa5BIFXjIsI34e4pio

I think "Man in the High Castle" is one of PKDick's worse books. The premise is interesting, but man, it is boring as all get out to read.

Want good PKD? Try "Radio Free Albemuth " or "VALIS" or "Flow My Tears The Policeman Said" or "A Scanner Darkly".

only marginally so
while these defects are inheritable, not many of the defective breed successfully in the first place, and chance mutations ensure that even if you were to wipe out, say, all daltonists, there will still be daltonists in the next generation

What happens to fascist Spain? I know Hitler thought Franco was a bother but wouldn't they want Latin America back?

Kys JoĂ£o

If they had the chance , the Nazis would genocide every Brazilian on the planet.

We're talking about 1940s america, not modern. Mostly English and German ancestry and niggers kept firmly in their place via segregation. Family oriented, fags beaten. Are you telling me that wasn't a good fit for fascism?

Bullshit. We had already won the war when we nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It wasn't about finishing off Japan, it was about scaring off Russia from trying to invade it.

That's even before you consider the huge difference in the size of the countries. There would not have been enough atom bombs to do enough damage on US soil to cow the public; a public notorious for hating people who try to terrorize them.

> not recommending Ubik
I forgive you though, for mentioning "Flow my tears"

maybe a spoiler marking would be great to answer this question:

What did Hitler/Hirohito do to americas niggers?

Honestly as a collector you see how the medals in the shows are shitty made compared to the ww2 originals (perhaps with the exception of some that were made near the end of ww2). Uniforms are so-so.

this is what retarded lefties actually believe.

I lied about mexico. Here's the map in that universe. In case you're wondering why africa and Europe are fucked up, it's because the axis drained the Mediterranean to make farmland for lebensraum.

Perhaps you should keep watching where is shows the peaceful nazi neighborhoods and how everyone is happy with proper families.

Nah that's the two I remember.

I feel like most alternate world novels have really poor characters and bland story. Fatherland is really the exception so far. Can you recommend good ones?

Did PKD play Paradox games or was he just autistic?

>the nazis loved freedom
>the nazis never murdered people in hospitals

How delusional can you fucking be? It's impossible to realistically depict the Nazis without making them authoritarian cripple-killers, because that's what they literally were

That's doubtful considering native americans were considered aryan by the Nazis.

>azis without making them authoritarian cripple-killers

Is there any difference between what the nazis would've done and what is currently done through abortion and euthanasia?

"Ubik" is great, maybe his Best. "Flow My Tears" was okay but didn't strike me as much. I had a real hard time reading "Do Androids"

Unfortunately not, I've only recently got into PKD and read Man in the High Castle so this is just an area I've heard about from time in /gsg/ and being autistic with Hearts of Iron.

The trouble is a lot of alt history in general annoys the shit out of me. There seems to be a sweet spot of things I'm willing to accept that's very, very small.

smells like a week's worth of mental masturbation to me, anons

That's what the (((media))) wants you to believe, but even if they did they would be doing the world a huge favor tbqh

>economic domination

in other words he wasn't interested in colonizing it or racemixing. probably would've left you favela monkeys to your own devices. If you read the article it says the nazis wanted the german immigrants to south america to return and settle eastern europe

Yes you fucking idiot they went into hospitals and literally murdered cripples, does America do that today?

which of course means that he wanted to see all of you dead.

and your country IS a very good example of how race mixing really messes people up.

The Man in The High Castle is just underrated

No. I understand the premise that Axis wins= they control the US and that's retarded no matter how you justify it short of futuristic tech.

Just because they (((supposedly))) did that in war times doesn't mean they would keep doing it forever. Or is the US still locking asians in concentration camps?

today babies are murdered in the millions before they get out of their mothers womb. tons of people are also euthanized without consent

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285423/Half-Belgiums-euthanasia-nurses-admit-killing-consent.html

Imagine the process that draining the Mediterranean to make way for fertile farmland and the effort that would take..

Redpilled ass fug. The alt world is basically a symbolism of the real world
youtube.com/watch?v=-S_DV4HUj6A

>supposedly
Ok bud, keep learning everything you know about the Nazis from stormfront shills

Nigger, there is nothing wrong with committing evils if it's for the greater good. People are just too weak to admit this or only support it when it's the US govt doing it. Jack Bauer from 24 literally does alot the same and worse shit as the Nazis in Man In The High Castle but Americans see him as a badass terrorist hunter. Put Jack in a Nazi uniform and all of a sudden I'm sure the opinion would change real fast. Stop crying "muh ebil nazi propaganda" you sound like a little bitch.

The premise is that Germany beats the USA to the atomic bomb and forces the government to capitulate.

That's not retarded.

It's quite a stretch to suggest Germany would beat the USA to the bomb, but if you can justify that (I can't actually remember if PKD gives an explanation or anything for it, but it's alt history so fuck it) then the US surrendering and the Axis controlling the Americas isn't retarded at all.

as much as I detest the direction your country's going and its criminally insane leaders, you fucking get it

FDR refused to shake Jesse Owens' hand, and couldn't be bothered to even write a sincere letter of congratulations to his own citizen; Hitler, meanwhile shook his hand and congratulating him on besting his olympians. iirc, he also sent an undisclosed congratulatory gift to Owens. Owens was pressured by our government to never speak about Hitler's kindness.

FDR is still regarded as a hero by most Democrats. I'll let you think about that for a while.

Okay, abortion is the same thing as murdering living people. Wait, no it isn't, retarded leaf. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4

Keep learning everything you know about the Nazis from Dr. Goldstein books and documentaries, goy.

Yeah, the "forcing the government to capitulate" bit is retarded.

If my memory serves me correctly, in the alternate universe USA decided not to join the war despite pleas from France and UK, then Germany developed the atomic bomb and forced USA to capitulate without a fight

Lol. I'm not gonna waste any more time with you, retarded hue-jungle-monkey. Stop spending so much time on Cred Forums and go read the rise and fall of the third reich

Typical "If le nazis won, you'd all be speakin' German!" kike propaganda. America or the entirety of Africa was never within the confines of Lebensraum, it's just what the Jews use to justify our involvement in the war.

That being said, the show was alright, I enjoyed some episodes.

You're saying babies aren't living?

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4

Right at the beginning it says 'involuntary euthanasia'. Involuntary euthanasia is commonplace in the West. What makes the Nazi program any worse?

>my murder is not as bad as your murder!

abort yourself.

You colored the Mediterranean Sea as land!

Not really. They speak English in the US and also have many of the US traditions like thanksgiving etc.

>>The Axis won WWII
Japan was never part of the Axis, learn history please. They just signed the Tripartite Pact.

>why the fuck did Japan capitulate, USA only bombed two cities that weren't even the capital
>is history really trying to tell us that every Japanese person on their islands wanted to surrender? they were going to fight to the death holy fuck
>holy shit they could have kept the war going and wanted to, is history retarded?
>why the fuck would the Japanese government even surrender with absolutely no atomic weapons or defence against them
>what a retarded premise, this version of the past is absolutely shit and makes no sense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa

I'm not a fetus faggot, it's called murder when you do it to an actual human.
When would you classify a baby as living? The moment the sperm and the egg touch? When it is 1 single cell? When it's 10 cells? When it has a heartbeat?

Yeah but they would have had more than just the nukes. The Germans were pioneering jet technology. That would be the game changer honestly especially if the US was not involved in any conflicts so they did not "arm up".

Yes, but they're under the direct control of the Third Reich, which was never a German ambition.

If I was an Italian that map would make me hard AF.

>literally "it's a fetus!" defense.

no seriously, kill yourself you god forsaken subhuman.

Dont blame you since the reality is the reverse

I've already responded to this assertion to the Jap up thread.

Japan had already lost before the bombs were dropped. We didn't drop them to beat Japan, dropped them to intimidate Russia and stop them from invading Japan.

>Murdering a perfectly healthy baby is ethical
>But euthanizing a braindead invalid who cannot do anything aside from stare forward and drool, that is bad.
If you think this, you are a candidate.

Germany in the early 30s was in economic hell, and thousands of invalids were being drip-fed on government dollar while healthy, working people starved to death and committed suicide due to joblessness.

Meant for

>mfw Cred Forums can't into literature

the whole novel was about living in a fake reality because Phillip K. Dick had a bit of a psychosis and believed that our world is a fake world that's only 1 century old and that every time something seems off (like you see in the show, with the films they find, and the asian man sitting under a bridge that wasn't there blah blah) that's the Real God trying to crack our fake world open and let us out. But we're trapped in this fake world by a fake god obviously.

That's what the writer actually believed in and you can see it in a lot of his books.

>mfw 14 yo edgelords think the book is actually about muh nazis winning

jesus fucking christ, you're the reason people laugh at us...

They're useless eaters, if they continue to live they'd just be a drain on the commongood. Positive eugenics in effect.

>AMERICA FUCK YEAH

>PFFT ALL OF EURASIA AND JAPAN? COME AT ME BRO WE CAN TAKE ON ALL OF YOU

Holy shit, you're such a bluepilled faggot about everything.

Pls refrain from posting your opinions here until you actually grow a brain.

>killing cripples is worse than the english firebomb murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians who were escaping war-torn uninhabitable areas

ok

The show in my opinion did a great job because you end up seeing what you want to see. If you are someone who would like to live under natsoc rule, you like the society depicted in the show. If not, you don't. I like that they seem to at least have tried not to shoehorn any IRL references or agendas.

I personally liked it, but I haven't read the book past the first chapter.

Lebensraum doesn't translate to the necessary military conquest to enforce the idea, though. I agree that it's borderline propaganda and the "le you'd be speaking German" meme is absolute trash, but Germany would essentially have to control the vast majority of the world to succeed and actually win the war once it escalated fully.

If you want to go Napoleon-style and just try to create a world system against the USA without directly invading them, then why the fuck would you bother if you beat them to atomic bombs?

The most plausible alt history (and take this with a big fucking pinch of salt) is a negotiated peace settlement, not Germany winning. And even that would come after a LOT of devastating defeats or conquest against the UK (and the USA if they entered the war before Germany forced the UK to agree to peace).

>That greater Finland though

He got the bomb first because he literally had movies from the future showing him all possible realities.

Why did it?

>check the map
>Japan's Axis
>Germany's Axis
>Canada just chilling there
What?

The Amazon series is pretty neat
But never read the book, someone can say if it is good?

both are reprehensible, to be honest.

of course not as reprehensible as putting germany into that situation in the first place.

Now that is an interesting premise. Good thing I already watched it when it was called the Matrix and I don't need to watch the show.

Canada has never lost a war :^)

Don't forget that false flag thing that happened at Pearl Harbour...

You have to remember that the Bund party was pretty strong, especially in German heavy areas in the north east. Here on Long Island there used to be a Nazi camp out in Yapank, we also had the Bund rally here in NYC. Hell, I even remember my great aunt telling me about going to the Bund rally when she was a teenager. So you could say that Americans were pretty ambivalent with the Germans until we went to war; unlike how they portray in all those Jew Hollywood movies.

book came out way before matrix lmao
read the book

>When would you classify a baby as living?

that's a scientific and moral question that many people answer differently. Technically the process begins at conception. but pro abortionists will say that its not human until its out of the womb.

they drained it and turned it into farmlands

What about us? We had el Generalisimo.

I wasn't saying it was worse, I was just saying that you can't get mad at a tv series for portraying Nazis as cripple-killers when that's what they literally did.
I agree, see above.
I'm asking you a question, when do you consider it a human? Are you too stupid to understand that I'm asking you a question?So would you consider a condom as equal to an abortion, if the process starts at conception?

Sure it's not nice, but the Western World has reached a point where nature can no longer deal with any defects in our gene pool through natural selection, so we must resort to our own methods.

>Makes sense, since Mexico is a part of Latin America.

You know that makes no sense, right? You could've said Spain or Portugal. Italy has nothing to do with South America dude...

>We Frenchies and all the other Euros that were fighting Germany would have instantly untied behind a victorious Germany and joined in an invasion of another continent, which was completely unharmed by the war, while our own countries were still crumbling ruins bereft of resources.

This is how dumb you sound.

It is a really good book.

I like how everyone is pretty much just ok with the occupation. The west coast is so cucked they enjoy being jap slaves.

>So would you consider a condom as equal to an abortion, if the process starts at conception?

a condom is a form of contraception, meaning that it is a barrier that prevents conception from occurring in the first place. completely different from aborting something that is already conceived.

That's illogical though.

You're quite right that the Pacific situation with Russia was one of the very salient reasons as to why they were dropped (they were dropped to force Japan to capitulate quickly so that Russia couldn't have time to invade, not directly to intimidate Russia), but this is one aspect of the late war that is quite true. One of the reasons the UK and USA bombed Dresden was as a display of force for the Red Army to see.

AND the US propaganda about "every single Japanese person saw the emperor as a god and would fight to the death for him" etc. memes are awful and overused for justifying the bombings.

But this doesn't make sense. The atomic bombings were simply done instead of an invasion. The technology just happened to have been developed at the ideal time for the Americans to test out and use these new weapons to attempt to save time and US military casualties in an invasion (don't get me wrong, the Japanese war effort was hopeless well before this point). Saving time was key to prevent Russia getting any involvement in it, but it's not the main reason.

The main reason was that it was simply a coup de grĂ¢ce to bring the fanatical Japanese government to accept unconditional surrender quickly, effectively, without much more loss of American lives and to prevent Russian involvement.

Now, if you can assume some way in alt history that Germany acquires atomic weapons technology before the Americans, then their use on the capital of the USA with the fact that the Americans are powerless to defend or retaliate against them with their own, the US government (which was already at war with Germany and couldn't prevent Europe and Asia from falling) would be forced to seek peace.

I'm aware of when the book came out, dipshit. I was referring to the show, which is why I said "I don't need to watch". Try to keep up.

it's one thing to simply not let tards breed, and a completely different thing to kill them.

arguing with your kind is useless.
just kill yourself.

So because you are unable and too stupid to argue me, you are going to say that it is worthless? Come on Hans, put some effort into it, prove me wrong

cont.

If I remember rightly the divergence for USA is where Roosevelt doesn't become president, and therefore US isolationism and lack of industrial recovery and military development and shit means that the USA isn't as capable of defending against Japan and can't save Europe or the UK from falling.

The basic premise is that WW2 goes broadly as it does, except that the USA industrial capacity and willingness for war is far more limited.

After the Allies suffer loss after loss, Germany finally develops an atomic bomb and uses it on one or more major US cities.

The USA is in a situation where they couldn't retaliate with their own or defend against more of the bombings, so the government was forced to do what's objectively best for the lives of the American citizens and their country and surrender. Remember, this is a world where Germany brutalised Europe and has genocided entire continents. There's no reason to believe for either the fictional US government at the time or the reader that in this scenario there was any real alternative to surrender.

>it's one thing to simply not let tards breed, and a completely different thing to kill them

Of course, but when those tards can never live a full life, never contribute anything, and just serve as a drain on their parents/the state then I think it's justified.

what about canada, mexico, and texas?

Speed addicted amazing author. Somewhat prophetic in his later novels.

>Nigger, there is nothing wrong with committing evils if it's for the greater good.

Unless they are commies of course.

not my job to show you what a worthless POS you are.

try talking to a priest.

>t. Ivan Shhmorlroklov

But I thought that the only way Germany was able to advance as far as it did was that Roosevelt was assassinated and replaced with a pacifist who wanted peace with Germany, it wasn't like the US was constantly aggravating them. There would be no reason for Germany to invade America other than territorial expansion.

Roosevelt was assassinated and Krauts bombed DC. That would be like if USA popped Tojo and flattened Tokyo. Pretty devastating.

My thoughts are that the TV show isn't much like the book.

Characters in a randomly written book (using the I Ching) discover they are characters in a randomly ordered universe using the I Ching.

Like everything after a certain point, linked to his Black Iron Prison stuff.

A reverse version of The Empire Never Ended really.

Fish Don't Carry Guns.

So your saying that the reality we are living in is fake and that the jews are trying to keep us ib the dystopian matrix?

I can appreciate the fact that you are religiously faithful, but to base your arguments on a purely religious background is a little silly, I think.

I'm pretty sure USA and Germany were at war.

Japan definitely attacks the USA in MITHC, and if USA isn't already at war with Germany then at that point Germany joins them and declares war too, because it's in obvious German interest (competition with Japan) to.

But Japan's situation is totally different from this hypothetical where everything was the going the same way but Germany created the bomb first. Japan had already lost when the bombs were dropped, essentially killing any remaining will to prolong what would have still been a losing effort.

Meanwhile, the US mainland was totally untouched by the war, still having plenty of resources and manufacturing capabilities to maintain a war effort. A single city being destroyed would have no more ended the fight than the Blitz ended British involvement in the War.

Its called Gnosticism, its an ancient heresey.
Its also what His Dark Materials (children's books) were about.

The Matrix is for adults too stupid to read said children's books.

You are the edgy sounding one here. Do you think I didn't get the metaphysical point of the novel? The end absolutely mindfucked me, and the more I would think of it, the more I'd feel like reality was but an illusion.

Damn it's just that this doesn't matter here, what interests Cred Forums is the geo-politic aspect of the novel, that's why I omitted it.

>FDR doesn't become president

Well, hell, in that case it makes even less sense, since we would have been out of the Depression before the war even got going. And if the US is more isolationist, why purpose would be served to openly attack other than creating a new enemy with plenty of fresh fighting men?

The more I learn the more I think Dick was a moron who believed every piece of shit propaganda he was fed.

The process of life begins undeniably when the sperm fertilizes the egg. Because of that action there is life. Without it there is no life.

But we did flatten Tokyo, and it killed more than both A bombs.

You say "lost" but they still had a reasonably sizeable defensive military capability to inflict losses on the US. They had the will to fight and they had the capability to take a lot of American lives with them.

The atomic bomb was simply an effective alternative to invading them and enduring those losses and it taking long enough for Russia to get involved.

>the US mainland was totally untouched by the war, still having plenty of resources and manufacturing capabilities to maintain a war effort
Except it had greatly limited industrial capacity compared to real life history, its population saw the complete collapse of the USSR, the defeat and collapse of their only remaining ally in Europe (the UK), AND had endured large military casualties to the Japanese and Germans prior to the bomb.

We're not talking about an untouched USA.

This is a USA that never had a proper recovery from the Great Depression, never had a great leader like Roosevelt, was surprised and significantly damaged in the Pacific by the Japanese and had to sit and watch all of Europe fall to the German war machine.

And then it gets bombed with atomic bombs that it hasn't developed, can't develop, can't effectively retaliate against and can't prevent.

I think (in the book) the US stays out of the War until they get bombed by Germany, even after being attacked by Japan multiple times (or maybe Japan doesn't attack us due to Roosevelt's retarded trade policies not being in place), its been years since I've read it, though.

why are canada and mexico the only netural places left? Surely they would of just bent over and took it up the ass. Especially since Canada was at war with their own declaration of war. Surely Japs and Nazis would just steamrolled through it.

But you didn't pop Tojo

All you did there was list one possibility of divergence. Dick's is another, where a shit leader becomes president instead of Roosevelt and the USA never has a chance to help the Allies or defend against Japan and an atomic bomb.

As for the isolationist thing, you might as well ask why in the novel Germany genocides and terraforms Africa.

Because it's there, and they can. The USA really isn't a fighting force against Germany, especially once the UK is out of the war and Japan attacks them.

It's ebil nazis xD but it's really not that illogical or implausible if you actually follow what happens in the history (and are willing to accept the divergences).

I can't remember fully myself but I'm bretty sure Japan attacks the US and does better than IRL and the US can't help the Russians or British at all, so Germany becomes unstoppable and USA can't compete.

You're confirmed for not reading the book or having it explained to you. The book isn't just the Nazi's invading and holding the US. Its carved into thirds. East Coast controlled by the Germans, Central US is kind of a neutral zone and the West is controlled by the Japanese. After the Germans get nuke tech first and win, they put everything into tech. In this book Germans are settling Mars and flying across the planet in ultra speed rocket jets. They have the wealth, power and tech. They never "invade" the US with their military, because they don't have too. Sort of like how the US "invaded" the world after WWII.

Also, remember that the German atomic bombing is something like two years after the IRL American one. It's not like-for-like.

As someone from Nowwheresville Ks, this is 100% correct.

I got about 100 pages into it before i tossed it in the garbage. I can only read so much about bootleg american antiques. Maybe the other 2/3 of the book was interesting.

>tfw you are the only ones who can stand up to nazis and japs
feels good man

FDR was shit leader. Almost anyone else would have done a better job. Without his meddling, the USA recovers from the depression before the war starts. From that point, it makes no sense that US can't fight a defensive war in the US.

The US literally invaded the world after the war. The bases are still owned and occupied by the US in many cases.

Neat setting, wish they talked more about whatever the German's did to Africa. The plot was boring and went absolutely nowhere though, I wish they hadn't bothered with that whole arc about finding the author, there was no payoff and it didn't tell us much we hadn't already learned yet.

FUUUUUUUUCK THAT LITTLE DOT IN THE MIDDLE OF ITALIAN TERRITORY ALWAYS TRIGGERS ME

USE THIS, AND NEVER POST THAT OTHER VERSION EVER AGAIN

Considering Europe and Japan's population loss, and the number of gun owning Americans, yes.

Even Japan knew that a land invasion of the US was impossibru.

>FUUUUUUUUCK THAT LITTLE DOT IN THE MIDDLE OF ITALIAN TERRITORY ALWAYS TRIGGERS ME
It's the Vatican, dickhead. Mussolini was the one who proposed the Lateran Treaty, so it makes sense to exist.

>Even Japan knew that a land invasion of the US was impossibru.

yeah, alone. But with all the manpower and resources of russia and europe behind them, I don't see how it's possible that america could resist for very long.

I know, and I don't care

Canada stayed neutral and they left it alone.

Do you know why the USSR had inexhaustible resources? Google what the lend-lease was. The USSR had inexhaustible resources because the US did.