Should a man ever take his wife's last name?

Should a man ever take his wife's last name?

Other urls found in this thread:

forebears.io/
nameslist.org/surname/Arola
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

If you have a really shit last name i guess. Hell, Adolf Hitler was almost Adolf Schickelgruber.

0/10

>a leaf

sage

What if you really hate your last name? I might.

If she's a monarch

>Tfw your last name literally translates into coalburner

nice meme

Kolenbrander?

>Adolf Shekel grubber

No wonder he was so angry.

>Tfw your last name literally translates into War

How do we go from this...

...to this

Hi Krieger.

Nope, Spanish last name

Beaner spotted

Thought so

Guerra

Kilner? Köhler/Koehler/Kohler?

If he has a base born name then yes.

Im never giving up my last name, that shit goes back to the 14th century

Ah Carbonero you fucking spic.

Brown is larger, because it contains fewer proteins?

Only if he raises her son

Yeah, my mom's last name literally translates into a slur for a dyke in Dutch.

Atleast high school is over.

I had a friend in the coast guard, he married a Jewish girl and adopted her last name, makes me sick actually.

No, that would be cucked
You should instead, change your last name before the marrige to that, identical of your future wife's, and make her readopt her own surname.

My last name is one of the most common nanes in the western hemisphere. If i dated a european qt with an aristocratic name id change mine. Especially if it had "von" in it or something

Why does everything jews touch turn to shit?

Why don't you just change your name so it has von in it?

Naw, especially not if the man has a cool last name like mine

I am actually running into this problem, my girlfriends family is Japanese so family names are huge in their culture. There are only daughters in her family though so the line might end there. I have three brothers with kids already so carrying on our name wont be an issue. I dont really care about taking her name, I just dont want to explain why a white guy has a japanese name a million times
inb4 racemixing ree

>Tfw your last name literally translates into PEE PEE POO POO

>4D Chess

My dad did. My moms surname sounded cooler anyway. Why do people give a fuck about that?

Why not just have one of your son's last name be your girlfriend's maiden name?

>tfw von surname

>why do people give a fuck about their heritage and family?
>checks flag
Oh

>Adolf Shekelgrabber

I would do this just to piss people off tbqh, but getting married is a troll too far even for me

Only if she's noble/aristocrat and he's not.
No other justifications.

>last name is repulsive looking Americanized Polish
>your father was adopted so you aren't even ethnically Polish
>you don't even have a decent Biblical name to counteract the ugliness
It literally means nothing, and anything it could have potentially meant is ruined by the fact it was Americanized.

Maybe if you hate your family or last name.

But here's the real question: What if you both took a new last name after selecting it together?

I did, not sorry for it. she did cuck me tho.......

Hello Jibulzeskskczczczskzmccarty.

>choose a skype last name
>gets nepotism left and right

>choose a google last name
>demand for money reparation

not a bad idea

>name literally translates to blackcock
why do i exist

>There are only daughters in her family though so the line might end there.
That is not your fault or your problem, her parents should have had more children if they wanted sons, or her dad can't have sons and is a failure.

This is your family, not theirs.

NEVER. And if the wife doesn't take her man's name, it looks pretty bad. He's cucked on paper.

Theres about 100 or so people in the world with my last name

>Marcy D'arcy

tfw germanic last name for warrior

Jeremiah Thundercock, is that you? It's me, cousin Chad!

If she's nobility and he's a pleb?

But she shouldn't be marrying a pleb in that case.

is he happy at least?

>tfw last name translates to robe/nightgown
>mfw

>Tfw your last name means soldier

>tfw Hebrew surname
I'd take my wife's name.

Only if he takes her dick too.

what website is that

i often times think about taking my girls last name. a combination, such as "hullabaluh-teefeenabalabulooh"

i want to know too!

tfw last name transalte into " Ahah good meme my friend go fuck yourself with that shit thread you son of a disgusting whore ".

I don't know who to cope with it honnestly. :-(

maybe if you were marrying in to a really good family. Don't they do that in Japan?

Like if I married a Rockefeller I'd probably append it to my surname.

No such thing here as replacing a woman's family name with the man's, here usually the man's family name gets added on the wife, for example let's say a girl named Maria Marin marries a guy named Pedro Perez, then the girl's name changes to Maria Marin ''of'' Perez, like a nice property title. However if the couple have kids the man's family name comes first and second the woman's
I hate my family with passion, I've considered since my teens that if I make the mistake of getting married I'll do anything within my reach to make my children bear her family's name first, a nice and fine slap to my family.
>inb4 cuck

my last name means white man in french.

forebears.io/
Five seconds of google

I would never take a womens name and only would give my children her name additional to mine if she were of noble birth.

Its a name for fucks sake it doesn't matter there are literally thousands if not millions of other shitheads with that name out there.

I changed mine when I was 18 to something completely unrelated to my family.

But fuck parents who give their kids shitty first names.

If she's noble. My inner rules for this is, that always go for the surname that has more weight/is rare/protected by law.

Le blanc cis-scum ?

Not unless her name is Rockefeller or some of shit.

It's only applicable if you're marrying into a family of Nobility or the Aristocracy. Other than that, no, there's no purpose.

>my last name means white man in french.

Your last name is Surrender-Monkey? :^)

i would take my lady friends last name. taking one or the either doesnt make sense.

Thanks!

lel

Mine is a plant and is quite rare. A lot of people don't even know how to write it

>TFW traditional master race name
Frederick

How's going Mr. Blanc?

I remember there was a kid in my highschool called Cuntis. Dumbfuck chav parents managed to misspell Curtis.

Drumpf?

>tfw my last name is gay as fuck and is literally a first name; no historical significance whatsoever
>tfw fiancée's last name is the same as a famous enlightenment painter and she's a direct descendant of him

It's hard to justify keeping mine over hers. I just have to stay strong right?

You put it best.
Certain celebrities, soldiers, extremely powerful women would be under this umbrella as well. Any woman that you can reasonably expect to be remembered at least 100 years after her death for some reason, that isn't a degenerate, is a candidate for male name surrender.

Hello my cousin

no

No. Not only is it an insult to the man, it's going to fuck up family tress in the future. No one is going to know who their ancestors were as last names are going to be hyphenated into total obscurity.

If she doesn't want the last name, don't get married. It's a red flag if there ever was one.

I have to spread it, i'm the only male descendant of my family kek

>Cuntis.
oh how he must suffer everyday

I share my surname with probably the most infamous racist Dutch person in history so I won't change unless I get to marry a queen or something.

>Mfw Sven's son last name

Please let me change

Absolutely!

Wife wanted to revert back to having her last name
Threatened her with divorce immediately.

My gf has a swedish last name so she's going to change her name into mine when we get married.
She doesn't want to be a swedish cuck.

If my wife was someone of importance, where her name would open doors more easily then sure.
I've got no great love for my last name.

Wew!

>He shares his your surname with more than 1000 people

>i'm the only male descendant of my family kek
Same

Kek

>Montserrat

wat

holy shit, better start impregnating

Dmitry Boyaroglo?

No.

Aristocrats usually dont have surnames. The noble "von" particle denote a title/property.

Come home white men D:

That's catalan, come here leaf, back to home. Pic related is the mountain of Montserrat

Get on my level

I'm going to need to have like 12 kids to ensure my name survives. I'm already behind. Zero so far. Feels bad.

kek, no.

My exgf's biological mother (who I cucked her with) did as well. Also, you have to go back

took me only 3 guesses to find the most common surname in the world. not bad

Fuck no, that's beyond cuckoldry. Plus my last names Kelly, which isn't bad but I have a lot of irish pride soo

When you secretly a Greekfag

If your last name is shitty than yes. My last name sounds like "piss ham" so in my case I'll take whatever my future wife has.

>tfw last of my family with my surname

I have a shitload of aunts, and two sisters, yet no other male relatives with my name other than my father.

It's going to die with me.

I guess it's not so rare as it is here.

What if you have a shitty spic surname and want your children to have a white surname?

Fuck yea I would.

My family name has been in existence since the slave days. It makes no fucking sense what the name is, has no cool meaning and when ever I search this particular name, I find a whole bunch of nigger criminals in the directory.

I need to marry a white girl. Wouldn't mind being called Mr.Smith. Or an asian chick so they can all call me Honda.

tl;dr: If you are black with a shit last name then do it.

Looks comfy

Found a lonely Strayan

Wish a jew would touch me.

pic related

Lol always knew India was full of fags.

God damn. I better secure a future for my family line.

>Should a man ever take his wife's last name?

If the wife is more highly educated or significantly richer.

Oh fucking come on

Screw this guy

You can pick up hipster chicks with that surname, anything related to bohemian poets or artists n' shit have a knack with these sluts.

it's the most common surname in Quebec, your silly family spelled it weird for reasons. Mr. T.........y

>tfw grandparent is adopted

>my name literally has no meaning

>tfw your name literally translates into a type of plow

>tfw last name is just some boring place in sweden

who else is named after a lake in near Edinburgh?

*near

When your last name is old English for coward.

Why even live

you'll never get that close again

what's Cred Forumss opinion on combining both last names into one new one or just creating a entirely new last name for marriage?

>Tfw your name means your father's son

>tfw your last name is completely made up after family immigrated here to try and fit in

>combining both last names into one new one
Dumb and gay. You're just going to screw up your family tree for people who want to look up their last name in the future.

absolutely cancer

>tfw your name means king in a certain language

the fuck am i watching here

>but tfw it is a sandnigger name so people may think I am a mudslime

I'm marrying a Chinese woman and she doesn't want to take my last name but i don't have to take her last name either.

Is this okay?

Better than your name meaning your wife's son

Dude, just tell her you want her to take your name. This is part of the deal. If she doesn't want to take your last name why the fuck is she marrying you? That is a giant red flag!

No. The chink woman should know her place as the inferior one.

It's a big bread

A bit close for comfort though.

Not wanting to be Mr. Ivanka Trump.

Shiggy

I wanna play

If your older brothers have sons, and your future wife only has sisters than its ok

damn im in the elite club

If you married Tiffany Trump would you take her last name?

you seems white as fuck fampei

Get on my level.
I'm the only male.

my surname is arola , and it comes from binland
wtf

nameslist.org/surname/Arola

did your family change its last name just to be top of the list?

fucking tryhard

>someone on a boat gave my great granddad his name

how do i feel about this

i dont like it and it sounds odd

Sounds interesting. Apparently I have a few families in Slovakia to carry on my surname, so I don't have to worry about breeding. Almost none in the US anymore.

tropical niggers taking my last name

Lol no, just a very old name.
Also lots of girls.

Wtf I just did like 5 captchas

>tfw your last name translates to "son of prosperity"
In Irish fucking Gaelic

Nope, I would never trade my last name.

I like my last name.

Its "Mitchell"

>really wish I wasn't like 1/15th Celtic

No

White as fuck

Only if you are marrying into Nobility and then only as a secondary title after the hyphen.

Ex. Christopher Pennington marries Lady Petalsnatch... becomes Lord Christopher Pennington-Petalsnatch (although I'd have issues taking "Petalsnatch at all personally... would depend on the state of her estate)

Other than that extremely rare case... absolutely not.
The woman is your property and not the other way around... which of course wan't a "thing" until JEWS.

You gotta love this

>Blake’s dad, born Ernie Brown, took a page from this feminist playbook and took his wife Elaine’s last name of Lively.
>But here’s where things get interesting. Lively wasn’t Elaine’s maiden name. It was her first husband’s name.

Test1

No. Similarly, any man who tolerates his wife or daughter having a hyphenated surname is a full blown cuck.

you a chak?

my friend's brother took his wife's name or gave their kid his wife's last name because its very rare and there is no one to carry it on while he comes from a big family with a fairly common last name.

I wouldn't take a woman's name unless she was closely related to Jimi Hendrix or Johnny Cash.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no.

I got the appliance treatment as well. Polish for kettle

tfw Brazilians usually have at least two last names (onde from father and one from mother), so I can choose the one I prefer to present myself.

no math
rare surname

>tfw when your ancestor decided on a funny-looking version of the name of the family farm and added an apostrophe so everyone thinks its spanish or some shit.

>should your wife fuck you with her vagina?

your question is that retarted

Mormon family and we all come from one Oregon trail blacksmith who had 9 wives.

women don't have names. They have their father's name, then they have a husbands name. She wants to take her mother's maiden name? That's a man's name too; her grandfather's name. go back as far as you want. Women don't have names unless they get them from men.

Also you can keep your last name if you marry (both men and women). So it's not uncommon to see a woman with three last names.

>Devuelvan las islas malvinas
>Soy blanco no negro, para que todos lo sepan.
>Argentina es la nacion mas blanca y poderosa del mundo

kys

>Aro literally means "steppe"
welcome home, brother.

>Tfw last name is a brass machine gun with spinning barrels

If you move to another country and marry a local wife. Maybe then, maybe. It's probably the only reason I can come up with.

Or if she's royalty.

them high school feels

How long can that trend continue? How hyphenated can a name get? What if two people with thrice-hyphenated names get married and both decide they want to combine their names, so they create a sextuplified surname, and so on? How long can the madness go on?

>tfw look up people with your last name on facebook
>tfw they're all redneck hillbillies
>tfw you're objectively the smartest person with your surname

Feels good having a potato-nigger last name

>taking her last name instead of keeping yours, so her kids will be known as [Your last name]-[Her last name]
>not effectively cucking ancestors

TFW last name literally means "WHITE"

>If you move to another country and marry a local wife. Maybe then, maybe. It's probably the only reason I can come up with.
why?

> tfw your last name translates to ugly head
I-it's not that ugly.

Gatling?

hehehehe

>Named after a gun
>high school nick name

Feels great

Anyone else named after a gun?

Fugg...

>that feel your last name translates to warstrong in anglo-saxon/old english

In BR law a person can have a max of four last names when is born. But in general we have only one (from father) or two (father and mother). But it's not uncommon see somebody born with three surnames. Four I never saw, personally.

When you marry you can have all the last names from your husband/wife you wish (and you can remove or not your original last name), but the most common arrangement is only the woman adopting one last name from the husband (wthout removing originals).

In theory, yes, a wife could even have eight last names (four from her, four from the husband). But it doesn't happen. Women with four last names (original 3 plus 1) however, are not tooo uncommon.

Also after a divorce you can keep wife/husband last name.

One last thing: last names are not hyphenated in Brazil (and not in Latin America also). You can meet someone called Marcelo Ricardo Pereira Costa, with "Pereira Costa" being two last names.

However, some latinos in USA hyphenate it so people can properly adress them. In this case, "Mr. Pereira Costa" instead of only "Mr. Costa".

not caring about that is literally the most cucked thing in the world
kill yourself

>tfw great ancestor died in Stalingrad

Unless you want to start the Third Impact, no.

No.

If my surname was something stupid like Glasscock, I would.

>tfw surname translates into youthful spirit aka shitposter

>tfw allowed to change name when becoming a Germoney citizen
>meanwhile Germcucks aren't allowed to change a single letter without a legit reason

If it's Jewish? Yes.
Free Shekels gained via Jewish Nepotism.
Of course; you funnel said Shekels into destroying the Juden.

lol no cuck

My father's father ditched his family. So since he hated the scumbag so much he took my mothers name.

Can you post link

Hello Eddie Guererro

>first name translates into strong willed warrior or protector

Beat me to it