Why do liberals get to change the definition of things as they see fit...

Why do liberals get to change the definition of things as they see fit? They keep trying to make racism/sexism about institutional power, this allows them to act as horrible as they want and then just say, "I can't be racist, your the racist" its such bullshit.

The use of "reverse" was a stupid move. Racism is racism.

Collectively this can be true (I'm not saying it is, it's actually bullshit, bur bare with my argument), but on the individual level, A woman can have power on all this instances

we have a black president and attorney general isn't that the pinnacle of institutional power?

Because we allow them to.
Understand that there is a generation of people emerging that are seriously fucking detached from reality. They will leave their university bubble, and when they are smacked with reality it will fracture their tender minds.These next few months are going to be a social shitstorm.

>words have different definitions depending on the scholarly context
huh

*gets beaten up by a gang of chimps in middle school because you're the only white guy in town*

I-it's okay... It's just prejudice against my skin color, n-not racism... I have all the systemic institutional racial privilege + power in this situation... Now, if only my systemically privileged white family could afford health care for my b-broken nose...

Do these people ever consider the world outside the USA? In China white people don't hold "political economic and institutional power"

Liberals are not in charge of definitions; definitions must have agreed upon meaning to be worth the ink they're written in. The real question is why the fuck would you purchase a book of such poor quality?

they're honestly retarded. thanks to their bullshit views you can't disagree with them without having "WOW RACIST BIGOT WHITE MALE" thrown at you.

Reverse the races on just one of these daily chimp attacks and we would be hearing non stop about how white racism is the biggest problem facing blacks.

because no ones stopping them

This looks like a college textbook or something. I know in academia they are pushing this whole power/privilege make racism thing. My brother is a professor and arguing with him about this stuff is infuriating cuz any women or minority can just act carte blanche and it's ok cuz they are oppressed by white men.

>no such thing as reverse racism
They're right though because that's just called racism

100 % this fucking a, next time some white college bitch says some shit like this, i will shut their ass down with your post.

If you change what something means then you change how people think. They want to control how people think and how people act. They are using these changes as a method of destroying the West.

I don't get universities. Are they some part of this Marxist brain washing? I know professors and it's not like they are knowingly part of this. Yet universities are the number one spot for this sort of brainwashing. I asked my family member once why universities are always liberal indoctrination mills and he said, "reality has a liberal bias" and I had heard enough and moved on to a new subject.

Creating context instread of creating content. Metal gear solid 2 called this years ago

These "people" don't consider the world outside their own social groups.

Oh so just because we have a black president, the oppression of blacks is over. You have no idea how ignorant you sound...

> women have no political, economic, and institutional power

what did they mean by this

Blacks invented slavery with their treatment of jews in Egypt.

They have never truly been oppressed and are only now facing the consequences of their actions.

I guess they are saying women cant be president, or attorney general, or Congress woman, or senators...

Because people are idiots (that includes you!) and confuse academic definitions with dictionary definitions.

Look at it like this: Using the word 'Theory' in casual conversation carries a completely different definition to when you're using it in academic circles or a scientific discussion. The casual definition is easily known as an 'educated guess' or, some idea on why something is. You can say "I've got a theory dave stole my lunch out of the fridge" and nobody will bat an eye.

The academic definition of theory is completely different. Theory in academia refers to something that's been tested multiple times and not found to be disproven - it's almost completely true. The only reason it's not tacitly referred to as a law is because of physical restraints like time or human technology (we can't build a ship fast enough to truly test relativity, we don't have millions of years to fully document the process of evolution). Things like evolution are 'theories', but they're not 'guesses', because they don't use the layman definition of the word.

Racism is the same. The sociological definition of racism is basically the same as the dictionary definition of institutionalized racism, while the "real" definition is assigned to the term 'Prejudice'. (It's stupid and pointless, I know).

It's this slight rift in understanding that gets bible thumpers going "b-but evolution's is just a guess!!", and tumblrites in community college going "b-but black people can't be racist!!". They're the same kind of people.

Coincidentally, this is probably the best verbal slap to the face you can give them. Telling them this and making them realize they're parroting the same shit logic as creationists will make them recoil, and you're instantly on the highground. People like this HATE being trumped intellectually and being made a fool of, and there's no comeback to it - they're objectively doing something wrong, and if they deny this then they're supporting the words of creationists.

>That includes you!

There's a character limit, senpai. Colloquial definition in this case isn't really being argued either, but it IS sort of interesting. I'd argue the colloquial definition of racism adds another component to it - stereotype/insensitivity. A lot of people will mistake casual stereotypes for true blue racism, like assuming common names for racial groups or conflating someone's race with an associated culture.

i.e.
>"Hey Lee, what's dog taste like?"
>"How the fuck should I know? I'm from Michigan."

i'm Irish i got over my oppression from the UK maybe the blacks should do the same

I'm so tired of people using "institutionalized" or "systematic" it does nothing but paint an invisible boogey-man that's supposedly keeping one down. How does that help anybody? Why would anybody want to leave the house or try to be successful if some force is going to keep you down?