Donald Trump: Military suicides happen to servicemembers who 'can't handle it'

cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/donald-trump-ptsd-suicide/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/r9cv3
youtube.com/watch?v=1GBWDQ5cF_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's right.
I had two suicides in boot camp.
Do you have a point OP, or you just posting news articles?

And what about this is wrong exactly?

This fake outrage is some of the most intellectually dishonest bullshit from the Clinton Campaign yet.

dont bother, some dude post his own article to boost his traffic.

archive or i wont click on this shit.

>Trump says water is wet
>OH MY GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT DRUMPF SAID OTHER LIQUIDS CAN BE WET TOO

That's actually true. If they could handle it, they wouldn't commit suicide. I served in the USMC for 8 years. PICMDEEP. The only people who don't like Trump are pseudo intellectual pajama boy retards that have never actually worked. If mil guys are voting for Hillary... they're those weak kneed bitches that complain about fireworks on the 4th of july.

>Azula
That perfectly matches Clinton, without the attractiveness and redpill.

I can see Hillary raging hard is she loses by a hair.

Well technically he's not wrong.

>1 post by this ID
2 suicides on my last deployment, and it was on a ship.

Yes OP. Typically, suicide is committed by those who can no longer handle the situation their life is in, even when things can possibly get better.

Usually, people don't commit suicide on a whim, unless you've done something, or plan on doing something detrimental to the Clintons.

When you take the quote as is, it sounds harsh, but listen to the whole statement and Trump clearly says some things these Veterans see and experience are absolutely horrible, and the government needs to do more for our vets.

What exactly is your point?

Anybody who isn't white should vote for hilldog. it directly benefits them, patriot or not. If I wasn't white I'd vote for her.

>suicide shaming

Suicide is perfectly natural and healthy you fucking bigot.

It seems like CNN tries to get away with more and more shit everyday. I honestly can't see how even a liberal/Democrat would be upset by this. His words were somewhat taken out of context, but you don't even need context to understand that people commit suicide because they can't cope with what's going on.

Weakness is not a sin.

But it is still weakness and we must recognize that.

Soldiers who are physically weak are given training regimens and counseling to get stronger.

Obviously we aren't giving some people enough support so they can handle the trauma.

It really doesn't.

I gain nothing as a Tejano by seeing my nation flooded by ignorant colonists who refuse to assimilate.

>article written by civvie

So basically, CNN is a sham of a news outlet nowadays, huh?

>Tejano
muerate

>flooded by ignorant colonists who refuse to assimilate.
TACO TUESDAY

Yes. Manufacturing outrage from out of context quotes, the tireless supporter of men they called baby killers a few short years ago.

When you sign up for a job you can't handle,then you cry about your feels,fuck you. Don't fucking sign up if you are a bitchboy.

Well, isn't he right? Your army has too much faggots and googles and femenazi women or generals cucked by politicians for illusionary gains from said femenazi/sjw.

Am I retarded for being confused? Isn't that just redundant? Suicide = Last resort to situation you can't handle

I don't think a draft dodger should be talking any shit about veterans. Period.

Any army or marine fag will tell you that is correct. we all know guys that off'd themselves. it sucks but theres nothing you can do about it except remember the good times and move on.

military is going to vote trump no matter what BS propaganda you shill, because 95% of the military actually loves the country theyre sworn to protect.
trump 2016
hillary for prison 2017

>tacos at the dfac was known as 'wetback wednesday'
>no one was ever offended, not even the mexican soldiers

god i miss the army sometimes

this

he's right isn't he?

they can't handle it and get get ptsd

it's nothing to be ashamed of i probably wouldn't be able to handle it either

>be psychefag
>they teach you the genetics behind PTSD in 101 classes

I literally can't even right now, I'm honestly speechless.

>Military suicides happen to servicemembers who 'can't handle it'
But that's true, why even be allowed in the military if your feefees are hurt?
Mankind has been at war for generations and suddenly it's too stressful?
Kick em' to the looney bin if they want to pretend that their crazy

Remember, suicide is perfectly normal, even encouraged, in the US army. If you say anything else you're a God damn pussy.

Wow talk about taking things out of context. They can't even put it as one quote because to make it sound awful you have to change the order of the phrasing around.

Wow, good job. Record has been officially corrected.

He's not wrong, and most are non-combatent anyway.

np, i'll be here till the end helping you out

Trump said something mean again wahhhh

Since OP's a faggot: archive.is/r9cv3

>Trump's surrogates said the Republican nominee's comments were taken out of context, and blamed the media for construing his words.

>Trump adviser and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn accused the media reporting on Trump's comments of, acting as " the propaganda arm of Hillary Clinton."

>"Mr. Trump was highlighting the challenges veterans face when returning home after serving their country. He has always respected the service and sacrifice of our military men and women—proposing reforms to Veteran Affairs to adequately address the various issues veterans face when they return home," FLynn said in a statement.

>Trump senior adviser Sarah Huckabee Sanders also said his comments were taken out of context, adding that he was the only candidate in the race placing a strong emphasis on veterans.
"There's a reason that hundreds of military leaders around the country have endorsed and signed on and said in that room today to express their support for Donald Trump," she told CNN's John Berman.

Assuming that OP is trying to make a statement on Trump insensitivity to veterans rather than simply posting a news story with a headline, the contents of the linked article (the quotes I've posted) defeats the former premise; Trump is anything BUT insensitive to the plight of veterans.

if hillary had said this you would all scream about how immoral she is and that she deserves to burn in hell for saying such a thing.

stop straight talking Trump, STOP IT!

>Implying PTSD is new

Don't plebs read Hemmingway in High School?

>I had two suicides in boot camp.
You were warned about your socks

He's right though. Lots of our vets saw plenty of crazy shit over there and have no PTSD and are perfectly fine. Others can't handle it and they off themselves.

this.

Anything can be corrected with enough support and training. Even the record.

The first thing that would make me not vote for a woman like hillary is that her entire campaign is based on talking shit about the opposition instead of what she wanted to do.

Seriously if I want to hear a woman trying to shittalk others I could just hear my mother watching a soap opera.

OP, so would you say suicides happen when service members 'handle it'?

t. ex-navy fag

One hung himself with a sheet, the other killed himself with a M16 the first day we did live fire.
Swallowed the barrel and pulled the trigger, rounds bounced around in his Kevlar.
It wasn't my socks, m8. It was real people and it's not a joke to me.

I'm sure everything is funny when you're in your basement, but some of us have seen things that would break people like you.

>Making a factual statement without placing blame or naming names is shit talking

Please consider "not handling it" yourself.

>Trump senior adviser Sarah Huckabee Sanders also said his comments
Why are his handlers constantly "explaining" Trumps' comments.

And why is the military rationalizing everything this guy says? I lost friends in Afghanistan and it is an outrage for this piece of shit to demean their service. A fucking neatness medal?

Cred Forums is going to defend him because you fucking children have never done anything brave or useful in your lives.

t. former AF, former Trump supporter, now decided NOT to vote for Trump

>It was real people and it's not a joke to me.
It's all a big joke to Trump. He ridiculed a gold star mother in public.

I deliberately made a comment that was disrespectful and you jumped my ass. But you give a pass to Trump and he's never served a day in his life.

Fucking hypocrite.

This.

Like I said. A draft dodger is in no position to talk shit about veterans.

>not blowing something out of proportions or hallucinating him saying horrible things is bad

>former AF, Trump supporter

Shilling, bullshit, and stolen valor, nice.

And you would vote for some cunt who actually HAS gotten soldiers killed from her incompetence?

>Trump supporter accuses someone of stolen valor

>Trump himself LITERALLY has a purple heart he did not earn

>he'd still rather vote for Shillary
I don't understand why you wouldn't support him when the alternative is so goddamn terrible.
Hell, I didn't even vote for Trump in the primary, but I can guarantee you that however little he cares for our military, Hillary cares even less.

t. Active Army

>Why are his handlers constantly "explaining" Trumps' comments.
Because of faggots like you

> I lost friends in Afghanistan
They sure would have loved how you're supporting an open borders candidate, faggot

>Trump is a bad person for accepting a gift from a supporter

Nice.

>d-draft dodger
>the other dyke wasn't called because of tits

Yeah watever m8 you die in nam if you want

>have PTSD
>can manage it, aka "handle it"
>commit suicide for laughs

thanks CNN. you corrected my record!

he should have graciously declined it. it's an honor he has not earned.

He especially shouldn't have said the stupidass things he said while accepting it. That was insulting.

I'm not supporting Hillary either.

I'm probably going to just write in Jim Webb. fuck all the candidates.

>Rejecting a gift offered to you from a literal war vet
>Running for political office
>Would determine the fate of all men in the forces if elected
>Some faggot says "not appropriate"
>Throw it back in his face

I can tell your mother raised you to be a little shit

Yes, he is right. Our military is being weakened everyday. With all of the ((((psychology)))) that exists we could easily prepare people for it. But its all a good fun time to pay for college now.

>throwing your vote away
You clearly arent thinking too many steps ahead.

Say trump wins. Say he is a fuckup like you say. He will be under such scrutiny that when he does fuck up he will be impeached and disgraced.

Its a win win for you.

>I'm sure everything is funny when you're in your basement, but some of us have seen things that would break people like you.

When did soldiers start being such whiny faggots?

But you're talking to a CTR shill there so fuck him

>millions pumped into memetic warfare

You can graciously decline and say "this is an honor you have earned with your sacrifice and your blood, I'm not worthy of it" or something like that.

You don't take it and say "I always wanted one of these, this is much easier than earning it in combat"

I refuse to vote for either candidate and think they should both have a stroke and die.

It really isn't all of them, but the whiny faggot ones are becoming more vocal because they like to use it as some sort of moral leverage. Granted you'll see these types of fags from all sorts of political beliefs

CNN is on pure damage control again.

That's literally why they suicide. They can't handle their issues.

That is why anyone suicides.

>Acknowledging that its difficult to earn it in combat and you were able to cheat because of one mans deep conviction

He already did say it was an honour but Trump doesn't strike me as a gusher. Good.

>I'll use this argument to disparage Trump supporters but please don't point out my hypocrisy when I call Trump a big ol' meanie for using a similar argument

>Why are his handlers constantly "explaining" Trumps' comments.
Because the media keeps spinning them in order to paint Trump in bad light.

Thanks for correcting the record.

I only speak of my experience, fatty.
>I deliberately made a comment that was disrespectful and you jumped my ass.
That's how the world works, outside your basement tubby. You'd know if you climbed the status one in a while.
>He ridiculed a gold star mother in public.
He said he'd like to hear from her, if that's disrespectful you'd get your feeling hurt reading junk mail.
> fucking hypocrite
I said he's correct, fatty, nothing I said was hypocritical you waste of oxygen. Hell l wasn't even uppity until this post man-boobs McGhee.

I watched good people die for Halliburton profits. I watched men kill themself because they couldn't handle it.

Fuck you and any baby backed basement dwelling bitch that can't handle the truth.
I'd happily beat a hole in your head, skull fuck your brains, and take a nap after the orgasm.
I wasn't like that before combat, and unless you have been there, stfu.

And that's fine. But with this election you are literally choosing between which dystopian future to live in. A Brave New World or 1984. And If I had to pick an enemy to fight Ill choose totalitarian because fighting an enemy that controls you through pleasure and complacency is a fucking nightmare.

fair enough
>captcha broke my gif
goddamnit

So you're saying the man running for president isn't allowed to address the poor conditions that our solders and veterans face? He should just turn a blind eye to their suffering just because of pointless accusations?

Suicides don't fucking happen when their morality is FHUCKING
UNBREAKABLE

ah yes one of the 14 mulsims that died among the over 4000 since the "war on terror" started

So brave of Hillary to ignore (and disrepect) some of the white ones criticising her over Bengazhi but we should listen to this one guy because his son getting killed by a muslim means open borders

>tl;dr cherrypicked

I'll take thing that " Clinton said the right would have circle jerk over it" for $200, Alex

>ITT a bunch of military MUHRINES get pissed over something trump said that happens to be true

Why is this an article? Do military suicides happen to does who can handle it? If they could handle it, they wouldn't fucking suicide

In these times of political tension I can't help but wonder what General Iroh would have done...

He's not talking about the poor conditions though. he's talking shit about the veterans themselves. Saying "they can't handle it".

He couldn't even handle being draftable. So he made up a phony medical excuse to make him invalid for the draft.

If he wants to talk about the shitty conditions of the VA, he should talk about the shitty conditions of the VA, not denigrate the Veterans in those conditions.

It might be profitable in the short term, but it's ultimately killing the golden goose for the sake of 1 extra egg.

Azula best girl.

>He couldn't even handle being draftable

Why is it "honorable" to be drafted into involuntary servitude?

You know we fought a war to stop involuntary servitude and now cucks like you are supporting it, and degrading people for not wanting to be forced into servitude against their will?

Yut

Trump's right. I was diagnosed with PTSD. Made me feel weak...because I was. Stronger men saw the shit I did and didn't crack, but I did.

Of course 99.9999% of the general population would have cracked after shooting an 11 year old kid with a mk-19.

I know a lot of people are going to be bootyblasted about this because god forbid you speak ill of those brave soldiers yadayadayada....but it is a true statement, if you kill yourself because of shit that happened in the military then you literally couldn't handle it. people who get over it or were never troubled could.

people are going to try and shove their own implications into it because we all know libtards are more interested in arguing the words they try to put into your mouth than anything their opponent actually said.

literally a non-story

but Trump is going to make anime real, that crusty old dyke can't compete with that

Make tea.

But by default he's correct. If you can't handle service then your likelihood of suicide while in service should logically skyrocket.

There's a reason shit like pic related is depressing.

>people can handle their PTSD
>commit suicide

Lmfao at media spinning this as if he called veterans who commit suicide pussies or weak. Fucking hell, the fact that people will buy this and share it on Facebook just gets me riled up. Fucking scumbags.

i have a really terrible feeling this will be a fucking topic during the debate.

if it is, this country is a fucking joke

May as well dump my favorites to prove my point.

Thanks for correcting the record!

how would the rounds bounce around in his Kevlar if he killed himself with an M16? seems like the butt would have to be on the floor to successfully to do that, in which case the round would have exited back/top of his head. unless it ricocheted off the interior of his helmet or something. but if that happened the bouncing around in his Kevlar wouldnt have made much of a difference

genuinely curious as I can't picture how this would have went down

Don't get me wrong the draft was horrible and I'm glad it's an all volunteer service now.

But it's about obligation. The law was you sign up for the draft. If your number gets called, you go and serve your country. That's the honorable thing to do is to fulfill your obligation.

Part of the reason is that if you get called and you dodge, via any means, that means that you are dooming someone else to go in your stead. The army was going to get their numbers. You weren't going to change that. You were just passing the buck and responsibility to someone else. That's a dishonorable thing to do.

It is better that it's a volunteer service so you don't have to make a choice like that anymore, to risk your own life vs throwing someone else under a bus to replace you.

but either way, frankly Donald Trump should be saying "yeah, I was too pussy to enlist or even get a commission, and I was such a goddamn coward that I manipulated the system to not get drafted. Yeah, I never had bone spurs, I'm completely healthy, we just paid a doctor to lie for me because I'm such a huge wuss"

Instead he talks like he's a big fucking badass and belittles John McCain for getting caught and being a POW. Now I don't agree with John McCain on a lot of shit, and I don't really like him. But I'm not going to talk shit about him being a POW, because that had to have been fucking awful

>chair force

>friends killed themselves when AC in the office went out

thank you for your cervix

stop

That one was trying too hard.

Ok. I only posted my favorites anyway.

He probably couldn't handle it, least he knows his limits

Niggers had a chieftain for 8 years and well...theyre still niggers.

>But it's about obligation. The law was you sign up for the draft. If your number gets called, you go and serve your country. That's the honorable thing to do is to fulfill your obligation.

Yeah, no, it's not honorable to go die in Vietnam against your will. It's not "honorable" to "do your duty" in involuntary servitude after a war was fought to end all involuntary servitude in this country.

There's nothing honorable about submitting to an evil institution that forces people to work for it.

>Part of the reason is that if you get called and you dodge, via any means, that means that you are dooming someone else to go in your stead.

So, if I don't go when my number is called in the draft, the army goes and brings in someone else to die in my place. It's MY fault the government picked someone else to go die "for their country?"

I'm the one sending 18 year olds across the world to die?

You're delusional. Keep saying the pledge everytime you see the flag though.

I swear people are actually indoctrinated to think forced into service is a good thing and we should be proud to be forced into war with our "country" pushing a gun at our back if we say no.

I think it's just a euphemism because the round would leave the barrel of the weapon, enter and pierce the roof of his mouth, then cut through his brain pan, and not have enough energy to leave the Kevlar helmet designed to stop bullets that are fired from 100 yards away and have time to build up kinetic energy

t. Thank you for reminding me about the one lone retard who killed himself in basic

He wasnt talking shit, faggot. Read the fucking article then go die in fire.

someday you'll grow up and understand what obligation is.

PTSD is a fucking joke now. People that have never left our goddamn countries are claiming they have it just from being in the military for some length of time.

Back in the world wars men watched their entire fucking company get gassed or blown to bits and a bunch of other horrible shit and most of them came home, got their shit together, raised a family and had a fucking career.

The West has become a generation of weak fuckups and we deserve to take shit for it.

it was clumsily worded but not false.

My buddy and I both had identical experiences in combat yet he developed night terrors due to his experiences while I'm completely fine.

Fuck off, chair force faggot.

>stating fact is wrong

I love how absolutely demented the media has become. He described PTSD as it fucking exists in the real world and now he's being assaulted. topkek

10/10

He's literally not wrong though.
If you kill yourself then it's because you couldn't handle whatever it was that drove you to suicide.

There are few exceptions like if for example a soldier throws himself onto a grenade to save his comrades but we don't call that suicide, we call it heroism.

Yeah suicide always occurs when people can't handle it.

They can't handle the shitty wars the clintons are responsible for and choose to continue

I read his quote and I actually didn't get the issue.

Why else would vets commit suicide, if not for the horrors of war?

Trump was being sympathetic, not insulting.

Generally, you commit suicide as a way to escape your existence. In other words, you couldn't handle it. "It" being existing.

What is wrong here?

albeist bigotry

Except for the enormous number of soldiers who were sent home due to 'war fatigue'

Post Traumatic Stress (Medical journal is rallying to drop the D) isn't something that magically started 40 or 50 years ago. We've just gotten better at documenting it.

Keep telling yourself you're proud of your dead father's "obligation" to die killing Vietnamese people for freedom.

It's hamfisted. There's nothing wrong with what he said, just how he worded it.

How is that not accurate?
Suiciding is the very pinnacle of "not being able to handle it".

The media spin machine is going full retard now.

>shellshock
youtube.com/watch?v=1GBWDQ5cF_U
No, some of them were fucked up. Really bad.

the very definition of being suicidal is not being able to handle whatever you're dealing with. its merely a statement of fact, not a personal opinion.

>people who can't handle their current life situation commit suicide more often than people who can

My cerebral cortex is bustling with activity from that one, good chap.

Totally this, they think they're so important when they're morons from high school who joined because the military was kewl.

The helmets are made of kevlar.

You should be glad they're dead. At least they can't see how much of a massive faggot you're being right now.

If the US limited its conflicts to justified ones, I would follow your line of thinking. as of now, I disagree that going to fight and die so a faceless cadre of elites can pull strings is my or any other American's obligation.

I lost a friend when a fucking jtac retard dropped a bomb behind us instead of in front of us, on the enemy, and we got shot at while goo was still leaking from our ears and we wandered in circles trying to figure out what the fuck just happened to us.

I hope you get rectal cancer, even though I don't believe you were in the air force

>Just Do It

>just do it

Almost everyone I know was, brother. Don't be hard on yourself. We made it back. Just learning how to sleep was a challenge.
Legal is a bullet proof material, formed into a hard shell, that is written on your head. Oddly enough it won't stop a 7.62 round, but it does stop 5.56. (?)
Put a broom in your mouth, two inches deep. Reach down two and a half feet. Think about pulling the trigger, crouched in a fox hole, with the top of your head encased in bullet proof material.

100% of people who suicide couldn't "handle it".

You are a certified retard.

And that is true, obviously they needed help. Had plenty enough i served with kill themselves.

t. Combat vet

I've heard stories about how my great-grandfather would dive under to duck-and-cover when a motorcycle went down the street because to him it sounded like an incoming missile. He was a Korean veteran; and a very successful businessman despite that.
PTSD is definitely not bullshit.

>dive under a table

Spell check Fucked with me.
Crying, can't see. Hope you can figure it out.

your ear drums were ruptured? can you hear at all?

Those are some pretty funky dance moves

mmmmwoo

I don't like Trump at all but CNN is getting ridiculous.

The headline makes you think that in the clip you're about to watch he's gonna go "those guys just cant handle it, fuck those pussies". I could not find anything the slightest bit offensive in what he said.

We had 3 suicide ideations in drydock.
Sonar techs.
SONAR TECHS

Well, yeah. Trump is Patton incarnate.

Yes, but not as good as I remember. Listening to music sounds somewhat muted and I can't typically hear people coming up behind me, but I'm not a deafened screamer thankfully.

I sometimes think that I will never not be bitter

>a very successful businessman

Wow, it's like he actually saw some shit and despite that he got his fucking life together and dealt with it as best he could because he isn't the kind of fuckup that lives off of tax payer hand outs with a government provided dog after getting yelled at for having dirty boots while guarding a shed for 4 years.

Post original.

One on my ship was over a bitch, he was in my division, I don't know why the other one did it. Another jumped off the side at night. He was a biggity bitch, everyone who was up there saw him fold up his float coat, so I'm fairly sure it was a cry for attention. It's a real pain in the ass to get up at 0100 because some asshole tossed a pair of boots off the side, but I was even madder because someone jumped off on purpose.

>we need to take Hilary's "basement dwellers" comments in a different meaning

>we need to take Trump's suicidal veteran comments literally

Do they not understand how blatant the bias sounds?