ICANN

So what is with this ICANN transfer from US possession to UN? Does it really mean the end of free speech and horrible globalist-leftist censorship or is it all baseless panic?

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/09/oversight-transition-isnt-giving-away-internet-wont-fix-icanns-problems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

bump

People over slashdot.org were freaking out.

I am literally shaking right now. My mom came in and gave me some chicken nuggets and I threw them at her, and I punched a hole in the wall.

Can you point me to an article/video by a competent person written from a freedom-of-speechian percpective?

pmub

It's fucked up, Obama was supposed to bring hope and change and all he brought was Bush's 3rd and 4th terms,reeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

mubp

umbp

Seen as all of the globalist leftist bullshit comes from the US I'd say we are better off this way.
Besides, if they decide to fuck up the DNS system to make websites more difficult to reach all it's going to happen is that dark DNS servers will pop up everyone. Hell I'll be the first one to host one.

Hopefully there will be a shift towards distributed DNS before the shit hits.

Not sure how a domain name registry would work in a decentralized system.

>Seen as all of the globalist leftist bullshit comes from the US I'd say we are better off this way.
But Murica has freedom of speech in its constitution.
>Besides, if they decide to fuck up the DNS system to make websites more difficult to reach all it's going to happen is that dark DNS servers will pop up everyone. Hell I'll be the first one to host one.
I've watched Molyneux's video but I'm computerly illiterate. Is ascribing human names to actual adresses of ones and zeros all this company does?

boomp

>I've watched Molyneux's video but I'm computerly illiterate. Is ascribing human names to actual adresses of ones and zeros all this company does?

For the most part yes, they also assign public IP blocks. IPv4 public IPs are mostly already assigned, when we do switch to IPv6 their role might become much more important. Remembering four octets (12 numbers at the most) is doable, memorizing IPv6 IPs is going to be impossible.

It's the contract the US government had signed in 1998 that has ended last Saturday.

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/09/oversight-transition-isnt-giving-away-internet-wont-fix-icanns-problems

does it matter? we are like mice in a laboratory. enjoy when u get food, have sex, and a havefun in the hamster runner.

keep in mind that the future is total control and transparency. cameras and mics everywhere, even at home. your cell phone will record all your moves and what you write and say. everything you search in the web is stored. your medical data and criminal data is available.

and look at pol, even here nobody speaks about the true owners of the planet, because most likely it will get closed or slided, its all the same shit everyday, racism, political spectrum, is x degenerate, red pill me on x.

it is what it is.

>memorizing IPv6 IPs is going to be impossible.
But the good old copy&paste method will still be sufficient, right?

thnx for the link, I'm reading it

>enjoy when u get food, have sex, and a havefun in the hamster runner.
no thnx

They also sell TLDs.