Is District 9 pro or anti immigration. The Prawns are obviously refugees and they do the poor little baby alien things...

Is District 9 pro or anti immigration. The Prawns are obviously refugees and they do the poor little baby alien things, but I think overall the message is mixed. Those Prawns were brety violent

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111628060
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mixed. If the aliens are indeed a stand-in for immigrants, then the film paints immigrants as disgusting, dangerous, and incomprehensible, but it's pretty clear that the message is that we should treat them humanely regardless. Even if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, it's wonderful to see a film not portray a complex issue as simple issue with a simple solution.

This.

District 9 is about a complete failure of the system to improve the lives of anyone except assholes.

>refugees
Can't be, the fookin' prawns wanted to go home.

>The Prawns are obviously refugees
Kind of.
Weren't they the retarded low-class shock troop remnants of an invasion force?

The prawns are a stand in for the millions of africans that swarmed to south Africa after white people made it the most prosperous country on the continent.

mixed

the message basically that as alien as refugees are and as destructive and inferior as they may act, they're a fragment of a broken society and there will be salvageable and highly competent people mixed into the horde.

Yeah, but it was the message of these were interstellar space travelers far more advanced than us that could help us if we didn't discriminate against them.

It was pure anti-apartheid, clear as day.

what? the prawns were shown to be incredibly violent, destructive, unintelligent, and wholly despicable. You could count the number of likeable prawns on one finger, but it was a very high-quality finger.

basically they were an accurate representation of africans

It didn't answer the questions it raised. That's why it's a great movie.

Did you ever watch the movie? It was universally acclaimed as anti-apartheid.

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111628060

The prawns weren't violent, the (white) humans were with the raids and camps and killing prawns, separating parents from children.

This. Prawns don't belong here. They came out of desperation and they can't stop being prawns. To violent to too intent on massive breeding to integrate. Some people profit from prawns.

End of the movie is that prawns need to gtfookOut and go back to prawn land.

They don't make aliens like this in media like this anymore. They are only "woah humans you guys didn't embrace diversity yet? No immortality for you!"

If we meet aliens we likely will not be able to understand eachother on a deeply fundamental level. Which is why the ender series is good when the author isn't shoe horning in long winded emotional hissy fits.

Please, someone turns the D-9 visuals into anti-migrant propaganda.

based response

Shows how fucked up the West is.
It's self evident for a normal man that those creatures are absolutely fucking repulsive.
A man from the Biblical time would fucking stone that shit, Romans would enslave/kill them, medieval people would fucking burn them, victorian era men would hang it.
Modern cucks decided to treat them as immigrants.

>prawns need to gtfookOut and go back to prawn land.

I love Cred Forums movie reviews.

>alien bug invader scum are victims too

Pro as fuck.

If they can get you to sympathize with the fookin prawns, then how can you argue against "normal people" who want the same thing.

Except they were forced by humans to live disgustingly

>yeah they are violent and repulsive, and defy all attempts to accomodate or integrate, but that doesnt mean you can discriminate!

For some reason this sounds familiar......

It was supposed to be pro immigrant but the idiot had too much experience with real immigrants in his country and portrayed them so accurately every sane person who watched was repulsed by them.

It's a South African movie, so it's more about apartheid

You can sympathize with the prawns while acknowledging that fookin prawns don't belong here.

Does it suck for them? Yes.

Can we sustain them breeding in multiples of ten then doing whatever the fuck they did to their planet to ours when on one in like fucking a thousand is smart enough to refill a fucking space battery with space goop while the rest scoff down metric tons of tuna? Nah.

To a primitive xenophobic rat they are ugly

Fuck off scum

it also had my favorite mech of all time

Syrians are peaceful tho its whites who are violent

You are an idiot and insane

Blomkamp is just another SJW director filming in CGI. Shame really, D9 could've gone far.

germans and french need this sign

Europeans arent human

>niggers start building advanced exosuits in exchange for catfood

wew lad

I say mixed because it was obvious some of them were smart and driven and others were lazy, violent fucks.

Did the prawns make any effort to communicate with humans? They went into that I think (it's been years since I've seen it) and they were pretty stubborn about getting along themselves.

The prawns are, as they said, quite aimless, unmotivated, and generally stupid because their officers/queen had died off and they had no leadership.

They operate like an ant colony.

This.

Essentially, we shouldn't treat them as equals but we also shouldn't go out of our way to be assholes.

You can multiqoute new fag.

>alien weapons activated by alien DNA
>20 years pass
>humans don't just graft alien skin cells to a glove

Obviously they were all smart

>scene in movie were they mention that prositutes are having sex with prawns
>no more shit about women being fucked by aliens THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE

This movie could have been so much more..

>the prawns are immigrants
Jesus fuck are you stupid or just 12? Even the name of the fucking movie makes it obvious what the prawns are supposed to represent

That whole part of the movie was retarded.

>red goo is power source and computer interface
>also happens to transform humans into prawns because.... space fuel does that I guess

Nigger what? It's made very clear that Christopher and his son are the only intelligent ones. It's why he got in the fight over the eviction notice.

The rest are literal drones as far as the audience can tell.

A
FUCKING
LEAF

Très magnifique. Someone do it.

Im an old fag ive been here over a year now

Okay cool, so how about YOU take all of em.

Christopher was likely a proto-king or queen. His kid as well. Perhaps descended from the queen/officers that died.

They built mech robots with garbage they are geniuses they just couldnt prove their intelligence because they werent given anything to prove it with

How many other threads are you currently posting in?

Nanomachines.

Don't worry about it.

I want Canada to take them all

I assumed it was either that or he was an anomaly among the drones.

Wikus seemed to retain his intelligence as well post-transformation. Really makes the noggin tick.

Everyone but me gotra learn

the mechs were from the ship. they salvaged some human tech to repair them, but they were largely already made.

The goo may have been royal jelly.

>The goo may have been royal jelly.
They're prawns, not bees :^)

Bait.

You was going well until that

What ethnicity are you?

they were crustaceans but also acted like ants or bees.

This. How is he posting so rapidly? A leaf even.

If I were the president of ZA in that movie I would have had that fookin spaceship blown up within a few years after it arrived. Having that thing floating above your most major city has to be a huge detriment to international business, tourism, and general satisfaction of he locals. Aliens don't have right to park their stupidly huge non functioning space junk above my air desu. I would also just pull some sort of smallpox blanket thing on the prawns themselves but that would be on the down low. They don't have a right to loiter in my country either, let alone our planet.

I've always seen he as a engineer.

yes, like an officer would be. A lower officer maybe.

underrated post

I think it was both. It's been awhile since I saw it, but really liked it for some reason. I also liked how the media was being portrayed as clearly dubious which was something I think I rarely see in movies.

I got it at Walmart for ~$5, so hope my memory about it being good is still correct. I'll have to get around to rewatching it.

>Blows up ship.
>Chunks of rubble and other metals rain down like hail upon the city.
>Not to mention those fookin' prawns getting their guts everywhere.
Why don't you pick it up and move it somewhere else?

yeah but then you dont get that sweet alien tech

Then the aliens from prawn planet decide to nuke the Earth as revenge and we die

it's not about immigration really, it's about apartheid.

Yeah and who made the ship? The prawns

how would you pick up something thats levitating

You are a bad troll

Polish and Jewish

why are leafs the worst
what went wrong

with direction from their higherups. The prawns in the movie were largely the drones.

The floating shit is a pull factor

The real concern is that the Prawns breed like crazy (just like immigrants, especially Muslims).

Tow cables and magnets nigga.

The goo is a plot device that can do whatever the lazy writer needs it to do for the plot.

It can fuel spaceships, turn people into aliens, remove stubborn stains, cure cancer, lubricate door hinges, give your car better gas mileage, generate free wifi etc etc.

Its just lazy writing. They needed something to transform the main charecter into an alien, but they needed it to do so in a way that was entireley his fault so that the prawns could retain thier victim status in the plot.

He cant very well "accidentally" expose himself to a bioweapon, or stumble into thier transformation chamber, because then audiences will ask "well if im supposed to feel sorry for the aliens why do they posess these ghoulish contraptions clearly designed specifically for experimenting on humans"

District 9 had a pretty lazy plot, it basically only sold because of the whole racism analogy thing.

some good points.

But prawns back in their home planet must have made ths ships since the whole species is prawns

a kike who is pro forced muslim immigration into white cultures?

Gee, NOBODY saw that coming.

Pure coincidence right?

But seriously, have you ever thought that there might be a REASON nobody likes you guys?

Their technology is DNA based. It makes sense that the fuel used to power said technology would also have prawn DNA. Maybe their incubators have that same jelly.

do you not understand that their instinctual sociological organization is like that of ants and bees?

Queen bees are still bees, even though they look and act very different.

Go away Leaf.

My grandfather excaped from Holocaust. But sure buddy keep ranting i like to consider myself the next morgantoller (a jewish holocsust survivor who came to Canada to make abortions legal)

They had free will not instincts

Thats my point

This thread is awesome.

the prawns are a slave race and by letting them escape with the ship the main character unwittingly doomed earth
now their masters know where earth is and will come independence-day style

You are even pulling the "muh 6 million meme"

You b8ing? You gotta be b8ing.

My grandpa died in a concentration camp too.

Poor fella fell out of a guard tower.

Fuck Off Space Niggers the thread

DUDE HOLY FUCK SIT UP STRAIGHT. JESUS CHRIST.

I feel like a lot of people are missing a small but important point of the movie. The government/UN was actually acting on "progressive" politics, oh don't get me wrong the average person was sold the idea on progressive ideology, just look at the main character in the beginning your average accidental racist goim idiot.
The main goal of the big bad government was always Prawn tech not helping Prawns, crazy sci-fi shit that wouldn't work unless prawns operated it and could somehow make other organisms into Prawns.
(imagine if Nigger's invent a new type of wack ass crack that could turn you into a Nigger)
TL;DR the People are stupid, the Government are the Jews and Prawns are Niggers.

Shit, how many people on Cred Forums have relatives who died in these sorts of events? My cousin died on September 11th. Real tragedy, took a few thousand infidels with him though.

I thought it was another evil "military industrial complex" meme

The Government WASN'T acting on progressive ideas.
Fuck i'm stupid, should've proof read.

>If I were the president of ZA in that movie I would have had that fookin spaceship blown up within a few years after it arrived.
>Doesn't think about the consqeunces of destroying the ship midair, like giant flaming metal chunks crashing down all over your city and radioactive space goo getting everywhere like your shitty 3rd world water system.
>Not to mention the widespread international environmental impact that would piss off other more success powerful white nations.

Yup, you have the right mentality for head Silverback of ZA - dumb nigger.

District 9 did have an anti-apartheid message to it but it was done in a way that it wasn't shoved down your face every 10 minutes like most modern Hollyjew movies. It is easily one of the best sci-fi movies of the past 10 years

they also had some of my favorite alien weapons

Ur dumb

All 3 movies were lazy

District 9: magic space goo, muh racism

Elysium: magic health beds, muh wealth redistribution. Entire plot made no sense, these magic health beds are clearly low cost tech on par with refrigerators and tvs, literally every home on elysium has them.

So why the fuck isnt whatever space billionaire who makes them putting one on every street corner like coke machines, he could charge like 5 bucks a pop and make literally trillions. (Because rich people are evil of course, plot needed to justify stealing all thier shit)

Chappie: magic indie game industry technological singularity, muh military industrial complex. (Come to think of it, chappie really had a pretty vague moral messege) Also, PS4 product placement, and die antwoord shilling.

Also, main bad guy in all 3 movies was a crazy white south african mercenary.

Never noticed that. Yeah, he doesn't have a lot of originality.

ELECTRICITY/IONIZED PLASMA DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY

maybe mercenaries are a problem in south africa

What about Elysium? The timing of this movie coming out is eerily coincidental.

In Elysium it looked to me like all that happened really was that the refugees finally got to Elysium and broke a whole bunch of stuff and wrecked the place.

Military industrial complex is bad tho

Pro. The whole premise of the movie was "put yourself in their shows" by turning the unsympathetic white man into an alien.

Bluepill garbage but an alright movie entertainment wise.

doubt it

Your an idiot. Food is cheap as hell yet third worlders dont have it. Thats why they dont have those health beds

I could see that. The only technology we ever see being researched is military tech and that is being fronted by a corporation but part of that problem I believe is that besides the ship they arrived in and the Magical Prawn Juice TM, the prawn don't seem to have any non-military tech.

Watch a documentary on South Africa

thats what you say. I like israeli weapons and the promise of mech soldiers

You are garbage

Everyone but me must learn

But it wastes your tax dollars so xompany owners can get rich

Not saying they arent, im saying recycling the same 1 dimensional bad guy for 3 movies is lazy writing.

>gratuitous close-up of each meat explosion

hmm

And you suck off dogs.

All im ssying is aliens are humans do and the moral is of the movie not phyisically human but mentally human sense they can think feel touch eat and see and prolly all other sense to because apparently we have 10 not 5 but idk

>All im ssying is aliens are humans do and the moral is of the movie

Jesus christ

Nigga u dumb

we need the best weapons for WW 3

It is unreadable.

YOU'RE NOT HUMAN

We've got lots of South African doctors up here in Canada, at least in the town where I'm from. I figured they must be escaping the carnage, and maybe some of them are. But my doctor is South African and I never asked him specifically about his political stance but I know he must be a flaming liberal because he doesn't like TRump at all, I figured if anybody should be able to appreciate Trumps views on immigration it would be a South African. He has some indigenous South African art on his wall too.

>SITHIFFRIKKA

Military industrial complex slows down weapon development because most money goes to the sharholders of the company not actual development. Also military companies then lobby the government for useless war which increases the eebt and leaves us less money for a possible third world war.

this was the message of the movie

Have you ever actually been to 3rd world countries?

I bought doritos and a coke in fucking geresht afghanistan for 25 cents. That place is some somalia levels of backwards, people still dump sewage into the streets.

I bought mountain dew and marlboro cigarettes for $1.50 in al bagdadi 6 months ago. The place was quite literally bombed flat.

Famine is not due to corporate greed, its due to warfare destroying infrastructure, displacing distributors, and the locale being too violent to send convoys into.

>tldr when you send aid to warzones it usually gets siezed and used by the violent assholes causing and prolonging the famine

Is he white

Yeah, he's white. I was surprised, I thought they were all rednecks down there.

Excellent.

If its so cheap why no one buy it? And it is do to corporate greed how comr those areas were rich before the west?

>old fag
nah, your just a fag mate

EXCLUSIVE: DISTRICT 9 DELETED SCENE

Nah, the aliens had an engineer class, all but one of which died in the crash. What was left other than him was just their version of niggers.

One way that the film could have been taken is that engineer was the lone "white" futilely toiling away in a sea of niggers. Especially given that it's set in South Africa, and that's how much of the population live.

What it was "acclaimed" as is irrelevant.
Libtards like to pretend everyone is on their side.

The director himself said it wasn't, look it up.

This guy gets it

The only people who thought it was anti-apartheid were people who never spent any time in Jo-burg

i cant even tell if its ironic or not

Interesting, very true. The population exploded in Rhodesia too causing a lot of their problems too. Hell Ian Smith had wanted to let them vote once they were ready and the county could handle it.

New non-sjw Star Trek footage leaked!

The Ender series took a huge turn in terms of theme and setting after the first one.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about it, but whatever.

Yeah, it got all new age and soul searchy.

I mean, yeah, I guess it could be reflecting on the whole "vet feels lost after the war" bit, but seriously, it literally went on and on and on for like, 5,000 years.

Another good series for that was "Foreverwar."
>goes to war against ayys
>comes back 40 years later (cuz ftl time dialation)
>everyone turned into fags (literally, its used as a population control measure)
>leaves again
>humans become increasingly faggy
>finally he is a social outcast for being literally the only straight white male left
>turns out the ayys just didnt know how to talk to us cuz they are a hivemind
>been whipping thier asses for a millenia
>humanity is now 1 gestalt consciousness, so they can talk to us now
>turns out war is over
>new hivemind humanity gives the few ciswhite straight veterans left thier own colony and kinda just says hey, do your own thing
>1,000 year war was entireley because we couldnt talk to them, so basically just cuz

The Shadow series is pretty good. Bean is a better character than Ender. Hes a social autistic genius sociopath and gets shit done. The genetic defect stuff was pretty fucking stupid but for the most part he was a good character while Ender started strong and turned into some sob story cunt.

Dune pulled that shit too, so did old man's war.

Dune got increasingly wierd and boring.

Old man's war started out as a starship troopers style romp through the stars, then gave the story from the perspective of a spec ops trooper, then all the books after that turned into intergalactic c-span.

I cant read a 250 page book about saving the earth from an impending galactic threat by conducting important trade negotiations with the ayys.

I think a lot of these sucessful scifi writers make enough money that they forget they have an audience to write for and get way too into universe building, and not in a good way.

New enemies, more battles, new planets, new tech = good universe building

Hey guys, did you like alien slaughter wars 1 through 3?! Then you will LOVE pt 4, "Diplomatic summit on intergalactic refueling infrastructure development!"

Its as exciting as a REAL government document!