Why is tbere a sudden obsession with "fact checking" in this election cycle?

Why is tbere a sudden obsession with "fact checking" in this election cycle?

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/personalities/rand-paul/statements/byruling/half-true/
youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(((checking)))

>transgender girls aren't boys

90% of people watching a debate on TV don't have the agency to look up the truth

(((Fact check))) is just another non-sequitur kike writing style to tape-together shitty propaganda pieces, like the listacle.

Because the only way to lie and get away with it is to call it a fact. Then you realize there are no facts, only perceptions. Now you are ready for the next dimension.

Some girls have penises... it's not a big deal.

By even creating this, and arrogantly saying that it's a "fact", they're admitting that they have an agenda, yet they will continue to be touted as some sort of neutral, non-partisan "fact" check source in the future.

Orwellian newspeak. They hijacked the word "fact" to mean "whatever I say is true, whatever people who oppose me say is wrong" and it makes the useful idiot follows feel smart and falsely objective.

Did everyone like when Lester Holt tried to "Fact Check" Trump, and did it with a giant lie that wasn't even close to true?

I know, right? As if facts are going to change a voter's mind.

Because this is a very dishonest election cycle.

Now of course, when Hillary and the MSM call for fact checks, they usually mean to check the other candidate and not Hillary and her team.

Confirmation bias. People want what makes them feel good.

hope straya votes no on gay marriage, gay politics opens the door to some weird shit

This. It's to sound like they're non-partisan, neutral and objective but just happen to, by sheer coicendence, come to the conclusion that every single thing Republican or right-wing people say is automatically wrong and Democrats and liberals are automatically right. Because that was the goal in the first place, but it's about tricking the reader.

because reddit is fucking retarded but likes to pretend they know anything without actually investing time

When you support a liar, fact checking is just another conspiracy.

>I never said what I said, Hillary is lying

Because it is a security blanket for the liberals. People like to think they are making logical choices, including supporting people who lie less often. Of course the whole fact-checking process is partisan, funded, and skewed, but it sounds good on the surface to anyone who wants to appear logical.

it's newspeak

Trump is actually a newspeak pioneer

BB

BB

Because they know if they show pic related, 90% of the populace won't take the next step of rationalizing how each "true" or "false" statement was selected, or by whom.

Because normies think things like facts are indisputable because dur muh facts can't be made up.

I'm ready sensei. I'm ready to learn persuasion, and to become a 4d chess playing wizard.

its irony above all that hillary's side is the one pushing fact checking, when she literally shouldbe indicted

Politifact, so independent!

They are at the level of saying that having a penis doesn't make you a boy, but ok, we're just crazy conspiracy theorists or something.

>I never said what I said, Hillary is lying
You are claiming the right to make strawman arguments.

did they just assume those hypothetical kid's gender?

>Politifact
>"independent"
>Owned by Tampa Bay Times, who donated to Hillary clinton's campaign

I nearly threw up. This is beyond disingenuous. They are straight up lying now to people about their bias.

It also helps that Clinton has mastered the art of saying little of importance or controversy. You have to read between the lines and dissect her word choice to understand just how warped her view of things is.

Fact Checking has been a thing for years and I can personally tell you I saw a ton of mentions of politifact for instant years ago. This isn't anything new its just half the people who are voting for the right this year are new to voting so they haven't heard of it.

It's literal double speak for discrediting opposing opinions

Someone post the one where Trump and Sanders say the same thing about black unemployment but only Trump is lying

So the media can make up (((facts))) that suit their agenda.

Libtards realize the sheeple are growing resistant to their falseflagging and half truths so they attempt to cherrypick even harder

Amen

these scammers deserve the noose

They did this sort of thing in 2012 too, culminating in Candy Crowley spouting blatant lies while "moderating" a debate. They're going a bit nuts with it now because they don't understand why it's not working, so they're doubling down.

Read the OP you dumb frog.

Lends credence to what you're saying regardless if the facts are real or not.

Because there's a (((sudden obsession))) with (((facts)))

>facts dont equal the truth necessarily
>hillary is a lying psychopath with bodies and craters left in her wake
>trump is maybe a bit creepy with his daughter and has used some loopholes that hillary herself has used to save a few bucks

put two and two together the truth would utterly destroy Hillary and put her and her husband on the copping block not to mention the other agencies in compliance with her orders

i said orders cause we both know shes working essentially for the anti-christ her immunity is so far reaching its plot armor

Politifact and Snopes don't even care about real facts though.

If liberals control websites that provide """"facts"""", they can dictate what's true and what's not.

It's just another aspect of complete MSM lockdown by the jews.

Added to my filter of media shill words
>fact check
>bomb shell
>blast

>1475006179321.jpg
Nearly all of those have been debunked

>Nearly all of those have been debunked
By (((fucking))) (((liberals))).

Liberals pretend to love science and math and evidence, it stems from the edgy atheist scene a couple of years back.

Those same atheists eho 'fucking loves science' are now the liberals that fucking love science, yet they know jack shit abiut anything scientific, least of all how to read a study. It's why they tout the climate change thing so religiously.

it really doesn't matter how ambiguous you try to be, the graphic (if true) represents a very clear bias,

Clinton is one of the most prolific liars in politics, this is not denied by anyone left or right. she's a liar. she says one thing, does another. when politifact says she almost never lies, it demonstrates how corrupt they are.

>"It doesn't mean much"

What did they mean by this? :^)

That's rediculous how they claimed that the statements were false. Complete nonsense. They literally admit that the statements are true while simultaneously claiming they're false.

The only one we need family.

God how rediculous. How does that make the statement any less true? Complete garbage.

There is no way this one is real.

>Pants on Fire!
>It's right, but it scares us so we're going to explain it away
This has to be shopped.

>Transgender girls aren't boys
Tell that to the shower raped "boys" and all the rock hard cocks in the shower room.

politifact.com/personalities/rand-paul/statements/byruling/half-true/

Think again :^)

These were made a while ago. A few months ago when someone said they were probably fake we all went and looked right at their site and they were still up.

This one I don't know about though. Is this one real?

>It's a confusing statement

>rand being this cucked

It's a scam MSM uses to defer to supposedly "objective" source to distance themselves from the appearance of bias... Only politifact isn't objective at all. They frame and define the parameters of statements with a liberal bias of their own..

God Dammit this pisses me off so much. I always hope its actually fake but it never is

>politifact.com/personalities/rand-paul/statements/byruling/half-true/

>Conservative: "THAT GUY OVER THERE SAID X!!!"

>Politifact: "False you LIAR!!!! He might have said it, but it was only because of X!"

God fucking kill me.

Serious answer: normalfags are finally smart enough to see that the media is obviously shills but still regarded enough to believe (((fact checkers))) are unbiased (because, like, omg, they have the word FACT right in their name lol)

> transgender girls aren't boys
>(((fact)))

"Debt doubled" under Bush "and now it’s tripling under Barack Obama’s watch."
— PolitiFact National on Thursday, April 9th, 2015

>Half-True - It's a confusing statement

I don't even understand what the fuck this means

why do people keep posting this disgusting trap

Because everyone is tired of politicians just spouting bullshit. They should be made accountable for their words.

Visit Norway, we have proper democracy here. Check it out. You can't just make baseless claims.

>There's only perceptions
Yeah sure thing kiddo.
You relativist piece of shit.

>number is correct
>pants on fire

Propaganda supplement. Using the Bible to prove the Bible, if you will.

People just say shit that sounds good.

Calling conservatives and right wing people "liars" feels good to libcucks.

Truth doesn't matter to anyone when you are just trying to get a bumper sticker soundbyte in.

Want to see what a liar looks like?

youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U

Bc that stupid evil cunt has nothing to run on so she yells fact check whenever Pepe trump speaks

If if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if

>LOVE WINS XDD

ITT: Phone fags with dubious sources pass themselves off as "fact checkers".

Because it's a next-level tactic in pushing your ideology on others.

By becoming a "Fact-checker," a journalist can elevate what would otherwise be opinion into the realm of "factual" reporting. It's a powerful tactic, because in minds of your readers, whatever you write is regarded as objective and trustworthy.

It's an insidious way of misrepresenting the truth to suit your goals, and unfortunately, it's also very effective. Mainstream Media have caught on to this, and thus are abusing it with abandon.

fucking hell that webm

When you don't have an argument you go for semantics.