There are no conservative scientists

>there are no conservative scientists

Well Cred Forums, what's your excuse? inb4 speaking up means suicide for their careers

means suicide for their careers

Are lots of conservatives laborers? Maybe science work is more comfortable (air condition, get paid to experiment, maybe you succeed maybe you dont), so the natural inclination is the feeling that one works very hard for their money so wants to keep it.

many if not most of laborers are conservative in Poland

Because science is about being open-minded?

science requires a more analytical mindset.
Conservatives generally think more holistically.
look it up faggot

>scientists
>having relevant political opinions
OP confirmed for knowing 0 (zero m) actual scientists

>inb4 speaking up means suicide for their careers
It does.

Look at what they did to poor James Watson.

Not really, science is about finding the truth.

The opposite of gender studies and other cultural marxist disciplines, which are to fabricate the truth.

A large portion of the engineers at my work act like actual autists. They have no connection to how the business actually operates, how sales are generated, and what we need to do to make profit. They live in their own idealist world.

>not being autistic

Scientist here. Every other scientist I know is conservative.

>engineers
>scientists
that's the most offensive thing I've ever seen implied on Cred Forums

>OP is a fedora who suck scientist's dicks 24/7

Why the fuck would I want a research nerd deciding what I can and can't own, how my country approaches immigration, or how much authority my government should have over me? You idolize these guys too much. Scientists are good at science, don't give them so much credit outside of that.

It does mean suicide for their careers.
Even if you aren't conservative, but the result of your study helps the conservative narrative, you may end up losing all of your funding.

So a Jet Propulsion engineer is not a scientist?

Unidan here
>most jackdaws I know are conservative

I have a PhD. There are scientists of every stripe, but most vote D just because they want NIH money. My closest friends are conservative scientists. Ones in industry tend to be more conservative than ones in academia but there is generally a spread of beliefs, like in real life. The "all scientists are libs" talking point is not grounded in reality.

>Chink posting
fuck off Vancouver

Well Rousseau did say that the advancement of science would be responsible for the moral degradation of mankind

Good god he's ugly.

>scientists = smart

Scientists are simply who studied enough and received proper training to be qualified on a designated scientific field, such as pharmaceuticals. I can't tell you the amount of "brilliant scientists" who struggle with basic Windows OS shit that even Cred Forums could figure out with Google searches, I literally make a living off them being that illiterate. Just because someone is smart in one way does not necessarily mean they are smart in every way.

>inb4 speaking up means suicide for their careers

Remind me, what happened to the guy that got a Nobel laureate for discovering DNA after he said some racist remarks? What happened to that one guy that landed on a moving asteroid because of what he was wearing that day?

>wasted quads

Now now let's not exaggerate (most) scientists have a very high IQ.

But yes, most of them live in their own autistic bubble and spend their whole lives in company with other high IQ people. They should have to spend a mandatory 2 weeks a year working as a bus driver in Detroit to be reminded of how shitty the average niggers are.

It's because they aren't loud mouthed dickwads like liberal scientists.

Yes, definetly

But most counties the left wing party was seen as the working class party, which is genuinely was at the time, but have shifted to sjw bullshit. But these working class don't have it in them to vote for the right wing party which ruined their trade unions and out sourced their jobs so they vote for the now leftist retards pretending to be for the working class

Most of them are socially ignorant, inexperienced people without much contact with the real world, very naive people.
They are smart at their fields but they are also content believing fairy tales about people, about human behaviour.
Basically, idealists that haven't met disappointment.

After that happens, yeah the pressure to remain liberal becomes a thing instead.

science is per definition apolitical
if you have political biases you aren't a scientist you are an agendaist

No, he's an engineer

And you need to be open-minded to accept the truth, especially if it goes against your beliefs, which it often does, and "conservative", by definition, means "against new ideas".

Politics should not overlap with science.

I plan on creating a dead-man's switch should I discover something that the globalists will try to kill me for.

I agree.

As someone that wants to replace women with machines I'll get opposed by Christcuck conservatives, it's horrible.

fpbp

cite an unbiased survey, faggot

>And you need to be open-minded to accept the truth, especially if it goes against your beliefs
Agreed, which libruls are absolutely incapable of, because they're brainwashed morons.

>which it often does, and "conservative", by definition, means "against new ideas".
No, conservatism is the ideology of caution and skepticism but not of immobility.

Take implementing a 15 dollar minimum wage. Moronic bernie supporters, if they were in power, would enact it immediately because they're stupid faggots with no understanding of economics. However, conservatives would exercise caution before enacting such a law.

Granted this makes for slower political reforms, but that is basically the ideology of conservatism. "What we have is good enough, let's take it easy with the reforms". As opposed to leftists, who are radical faggots.

But intellectual conservatism is more grounded in truth than intellectual leftism. That's basically my point.

You're a literal moron.

The textbook definition of "conservative" is cautious.

We do exist, and it is career suicide to be overly political when the matter at hand has little to do with politics. A vast majority of engineers (ME and EE, from my experience) lean also towards a more conservative stance.
Just because most "science" "communicators" lean liberal isn't representative of the group.

>agendaist

See sociology

>scientists

Don't hate scientists because there are slightly more lefties.
They actually produce.
Engineers are usually right wing.

Scientists
>precise equipment in a very controlled circumstance
>failure isn't really too much of an issue in most cases, it just gives you more information

Engineers
>need to make do with what they have to fulfill a goal
>failure is unacceptable in most cases

Expresses itself in politics.

Conservative Computer Science B.S. here

Am I a scientist?

Am I even an engineer?

>am i even good at programming

my hardcore, far-right scientist friend is currently researching a cure to type 2 diabetes. He doesn't talk politics with his co workers because he is too busy getting paid 6 figures right out of college to jeopardize his blossoming career.

He is going to save all of obese America while they make tumblr posts talking shit about people like him.

Asian scientists are conservative desu

>there are no conservative scientists
Not true at all

am i even a human bean

This. They are smart enough to realize cause and effect and risk benefit

How about a social scientist?

Isaac Newton

wtf is a major in "higher"

science should not be affiliated with political stance

conservation of momentum does not make you conservative. plus newton was an apple junki

I am a scientist and I refrain from talking politics at work. If I still did social media I would refrain from that sphere as well. You can lose a lot and not gain anything from being political.

This is why Cred Forums is something that needs to exist.

>there are no conservative directors

Well Cred Forums, what's your excuse? inb4 speaking up means suicide for their careers

did you not watch the big "debate" between Bill Nye and that Jesus freak a year or so ago? The creationist had a fair amount of creationist scientists pledge their loyalty to conservative ideals.

1. For generations the people who went into any studies regarding social sciences and the people who wrote and commented on political issues were left-leaning and now full-blown progressives. Just about every college in the US has a diversity department and it's political suicide these days to appoint someone to a position that deals with the public side of your business who isn't well-versed in kissing the asses of "diversity" lovers.
2. Defining "conservative" is difficult. Most intelligent people reject mainstream religion which makes them tend to lean towards democrat since the US has a two party system. It seems like in the west you're either part of a the religious or a liberal, which is utterly ridiculous but this is how people feel when looking for a social group to be a part of.
3. Ties into the first point but intelligent people care about real science, not gender studies or getting a job in the human resources department.

because the only people let into the universities are ones that follow their thinkspeak

kek

t. enviormental biologist

Recreational studies?

You have to be low iq to unironically be conservative

Just look at this board

>there are no known, openly admitting, conservative scientists, because as soon as they say that, all their funding gets pulled
ftfy

Liberal schools = liberal bias in majority of professions. Also, whether you like it or not, going against that bias can means failing at your career, just look at what happens to actors and scientists with non-leftist views. (James Watson, Mel Gibson, Philippe Rushton)

Engineering however, is usually right-leaning because technology is rarely ruined by liberal academia, mainly because it can't be.

I don't think they're any less intelligent than the left.

It's because politics is so polarized where you're either left or right so many people are seeing the hypocrisy, groupthink and idiocy of the left and, even though they're not intelligent, they can deduce that it's stupid to be a part of that group but they're still human and want to fit in so of course they look at the other side and it appeals to them and they're able to irrationality of those they determine to be part of their new group.

Conservative scientists use the scientific method

Lib scientists, er activists use feels, hence climate scam

Scientists don't have social lives so they don't have any understanding of human society, they were the outcasts; they might be intelligent, but there are equally intelligent people who focus on other things.

social engineer

>mfw I know 4 mechanical/electrical engineers
>they're conservative and two of them are brothers and have a bizarre obsession with WWII-era artillery cannons