What do you guys think about this guy? Does anyone take him seriously? And why does his call himself a philosopher...

What do you guys think about this guy? Does anyone take him seriously? And why does his call himself a philosopher, sounds like a pretentious cuck, if you ask me...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4B9EUIPqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fact that he has changed his views in recent times from evidence and at his age already shows he's vastly more intelligent than the majority of the populace.

Or that he is an unprincipled cuck. So is he still an anarchist or what?

>listening to evidence makes you a cuck
pol is not for you

Ok, so is he still an anarchist or what? And how is he a philosopher? And how does he keep spewing so much shit about history and the like?

>is he an anarchist?
no
>how is he a philosopher?
if you're doubting that he's a philosopher than you're going to have to tell me your own personal criteria for what makes a philosopher. It seems self-explanatory.
>how does he spew
He opens his mouth and vibrates his vocal chord

I enjoy his videos.

He's a fake.

Also he's not too fond of chads, which make me think that he's an ultra-beta male

Sooo, he is not an anarchist but yet he keeps claiming to be an anarchist. Or is he one of those libertarians now?? Does he even know what these words mean?

He hasn't contributed to the world of philosophy much has he? No theories or publications of merit, just a bunch of internet dick suckers.

Thanks for teaching me how he spews. I truly wondered the science behind this action.

See, I liked his videos but then I started looking into them some more and found it annoying and pretentious. Also, they are padded like helllll

> Helped to redpill more anons than probably anyone
> Hasn't contributed

Sometimes the best contribution one can make is finding out all the roads which aren't worth going down.

user anyone can contribute to philosophy. Pretty much all critical thinkers are philosophers, especially ones who make it their livelihood to discuss ideas with people. If you're asking if he's an "academically recognized" philosopher, then no. However, given the current state of academia, I wouldn't be too worried about that.

bullshit! We can't just throw around the word philosopher as a label, it devalues what it actually means. Philosophers are not just critical thinkers, they have to have made a contribution that affected how societies perceive a certain topic. If we throw the label philosopher around, its just as bad as the fucking liberals who throw the word "racist" and "bigot" around.

Funny because the father of philosophy would agree with me. There's no value to the word philosopher, and any self-proclaimed philosopher stating otherwise is not a true philosopher.

>Philosophers are not just critical thinkers, they have to have made a contribution that affected how societies perceive a certain topic.

such a definition doesn't allow philosophers to be recognized before they're dead, as such 'contributions' may not be properly valued for many years.

i personally avoid the word philosopher and just use thinker. i don't think many people would disregard Stefan's status as a "thinker".

Can you just post his name so I don't have to see your ads?
I've tried hard to filter any content from this parasite.
Post his name, next time, so I don't have to see your ads for your YouTube channel.
K? Thanx bye!
Ps kys

>supports lolbergtardniggerism when it's the popular trend on reddit
>supports drumpf when it's the popular trend on reddit

Literal human waste.

father of philosophy? there is no such thing. Either way, it doesn't matter who says it, the word philosopher has no intrinsic value but people (especially internet sheep) assign value to it. Why do you think Stef calls himself a philosopher? Its so that people give his words value and listen to him. Same reason he pads out his videos and over-complicates his simplistic ideas. Also, he doesnt even talk about philosophy, just about how women fuck bad people and how trump is god. I have no issue with what he is saying, but more political dialogue than philosophy. Even his videos on Marxism is just him attacking the guy. And does he ever talk about post-modern philosophy?

Totally going against his principles btw. First he is talking about no government and no aggression (really dumb) in free market. Then, when some nig gets shot, he is all about how the black guy deserved it. Shouldn't he have been talking about how bad cops (which is arm of government) are?

Sure, but Stefan hasn't contributed in any way, ie no new ideas, etc. He isn't a thinker, he just has opinions and knows how to articulate them in a semi-decent way.

And don't bring up de-fooing... It isn't philosophy just a how to start a cult guide.

>Shouldn't he have been talking about how bad cops (which is arm of government) are?
No, because even in a government-free ancap society there will be private police.
In both the hypothetical ancap and totalitarian states nignogs will get ventilated because they always act up.

The father of philosophy is merely a moniker society has given to Socrates, and he would agree with you -- no such thing.

I don't understand why in one post you said we should not devalue the word philosopher but in another post you said the word has no intrinsic value. Sure the normies will respect a "philosopher", but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use the term where it's appropriate.

Philosophy means "love of knowledge". Obviously knowledge can mean anything, but generally it refers to the human condition, and relationships are certainly part of the human condition. So talking about how women fuck bad people is indeed philosophy. I also don't think political dialogue is excluded from the realm of philosophy. Again, Socrates spoke at length about the duty a citizen has to his state.

not a "philosopher" in the sense that Rorty, Searle, Putnam, Quine etc. are philosophers

Stefan only knows extremes. His high water mark by far was that video 3 or 4 months ago when he basically declared himself to be a white nationalist.

Lately, he's been sucking Trump's dick a little too hard for my tastes. I mean, I love Trump but Stefan seems like he lives to shill for Trump 24/7 nowadays.

ughhhhh. I was responding to the guy who said that the word philosopher has no intrinsic value. If you bothered to read the sentence, I say that people assign it value, which is sufficient for it to have value. When you think of a philosopher, you think of the likes of Socrates, Plato, Descartes, etc etc.

Ok find political dialogue is important. So now lets label everyone from John Oliver to Anita Sarkeesian as philosophers.

See, a definition of philosopher is one thing but what I am against is labelling oneself as a philosopher as that label is exclusive. By your logic, everyone who likes to think is a philosopher but you would never label them as such and label them ACTIVELY, which is what Stef does. He markets his identity as a philosopher.

He just wants people to donate. He is trying to SQUEEZE the milk from the newest fad, Trump.

philosophizer is a better term for molyneux; a philosopher should meet a certain standard of rigor and competence

If we purport to be critical thinkers then we must have some standards for what counts as real discourse and reason. I said that critical thinkers were philosophers. The incoherent ramblings of the masses hardly count. I should hope that true philosophers would be able to distinguish rational discourse from narrative pushing John Oliver.

I saw a part of one of his video where he claimed to be a one in two thousand year occurrence.
He is extremely narcistic.
>He isn't that smart
In a video with Jared Taylor, you could tell he was intellectually behind by far. And Jared Taylor isn't a genius either, just intelligent.

I dislike the guy

You're not wrong, you're just an asshole.

You're not seeing the bigger picture, though.

Philosophers aren't appointed, brosef.

He's still an AnCap, he's just smart enough to know that having Trump beat Hillary is more important than voting for 'Leppo

A FUCKING LEAF

exactly what I am trying to say!

Sure I agree but a true philosopher should not have to declare himself to be a philosopher or as puts it
>a one in 2000 year occurrence

This is exactly what I am trying to say, he is an unintelligent narcissist, which is why he needs to proclaim himself as a philosopher. Watching people feed this man's insatiable ego is disgusting.

I hate saying this but.... not an argument, haha

molymeme is a based leaf

Narcissistic he may be, but that does not exclude one from being a philosopher. That being said I agree that he is not a 1 in 2000 year appearance and his philosophy leaves somethings to be desired. Maybe you're just biased because you don't like his attitude?

Calm down buddy, you're next.
He isn't dumb. He's probably a bit above average. However, he's a philosopher. A shitty one, but still one. He discusses phiolosophical questions and try his best to apply philosophy to his reasoning.
However, he gets way too involved to be bias-free, thus he sucks at what he claims he's doing.

Trump wants stricter borders and more cops to enforce them. If he truly believed in the Free Market as he so often proclaims, he would not want border controls (which hurt the free movement of labour) and trade regulations that impede free trade (Trump is for this no?). This is my big criticism of his hypocrisy. If he believed in the FREE MARKET, he would be for globalization and decreasing global tariffs, as the great economist ADAM SMITH believed.

LITERALLY A FUCKING LEAF

He should not have to label himself a philosopher, which is my point, that label has value.

NOT

He's just a an Internet cult leader who is wrong about nearly everything. His followers can't think for themselves, so one guy who has insight into all the secrets nobody else sees can think for them.

have you sucked your allotted number of refugee dicks today, sven?

I like him.

That's what he is though.
If I craft retarded looking doors and people hand me money out of pity, I am still a carpenter.

>is he an anarchist?

yes

Wayne is better. youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4B9EUIPqQ

Don't forget he is a renowned statistician too, if you ask his disciples.

go2bed wayne