Why does Ireland have such a high quality of life?

Why does Ireland have such a high quality of life?

Turns out being the offshore tax haven to Europe's offshore tax haven combined with a low level of corruption and a largely homogeneous state is really good at generating wealth.
Between the 1920s and the mid-1990s Ireland was the poverty-ridden joke of western Europe because they tried to be this proud independent Celtic autarky.

Of course, now they've fucked things up by joining the euro (primarily because the UK didn't), dragging their economy down to the point they had to be bailed out by the UK.
They're also fucking things up by the mass import of brown people that will likely lead to Sweden-tier social issues before it's brought under control.

hibernian conspiracy, look into it.

Does it?

Yeah, but why does Ireland have such a high quality of life?

It doesn't.

>quality of life index
>below fucking estonia

Have you ever visited? Its a depressing shithole with a population of only 5 million.

Jealous Nigel. Even with large debts we are wealthier than you. And we have a tiny fraction of the immigrants.

>Spain higher than Nlrway

Worthless chart.

Are you genuinely this retarded?

Please don't tell me you're thinking of gdp per capita.

Britain has:

>much higher gdp
>higher median salary
>higher average salary

>high quality of life
>ireland

Didn't we have the second highest suicide rate in Europe at one point?

The people themselves aren't actually that better off. They seem economically better but it's not noticeable in daily life.

Serious answer:

Because they think they're all moody and shit, but they're really happy.

I lived in the most culchie cut of Kerry for two years as a kid. I'm talking no running water, no electricity. Go into town (a fucking village) twice a week for mass.

A four-room cottage, essentially, with outbuildings. No light pollution. No road noise. Amazing stars. Gravity showers. The big deal was when they got the immersion finally (two weeks before I move back, of course), and they put in at the corner of a fucking barn.

But they were always happy, in that cynical, Irish kind of way. We always ate well. Between the beatings and the melancholy, there was joy.

protip:

it doesn't

the GDP is horseshit because Apple, Google, ebay, facebook etc run their numbers through there to dodge taxes

the Irish people never actually see a penny of it

anything outside of Dublin is a wasteland of unemployment and welfare queens

No

Like you'd know. Cork city is beautiful and comfy as fuck and Galway is v v comfy. People aren't broke part from foreigners.

Basically this. Not as exaggerated, I lack for absolutely nothing, but it is a fairly dysfunctional country that I wouldn't change for the world.

That's beautiful. I almost think you copy and pasted that text from a novel

>low level of cotruption
Lad, this whole country is a big corrupt island.
Applr doesn't pay taxes its fine, you miss to pay road tax your car gets taken away, 3 penalty points and 80 euro fine.
Penalty points reset once every 3 years.
That's just one example of low corruption...

They go with the flow here...

I was only exaggerating a little. I was only beaten thrice.

Nope, that's all me. My family here was even more dysfunctional than my mother's family in Ireland, so off to Ireland I went.

>Between the 1920s and the mid-1990s Ireland was the poverty-ridden joke of western Europe because they tried to be this proud independent Celtic autarky.

But that's basically what Cred Forums dreams of for their countries. Social conservatism combined with protectionist economics. Ireland only became wealthy after it opened itself to globalisation.

Its almost like ..Cred Forums neckbeards are wrong.

Early 20th century Ireland was poverty stricken because of centuries of oppressive British rule and the famine, not because of protectionist economics.

1840's me brother

Preaching to the converted here lad, but De Valera's Ireland was still stagnant, economically and culturally.

>"It would be rather interesting for historians of the future to compare a Catholic State launched in the South with a Protestant State launched in the North and to see which gets on the better and prospers the more."

-James Craig. If ony the cunt were still alive to eat his words.

Reporting in. It really depends on what you would consider "quality of life"
You can go for the sesh with the lads most weekends and go for nice cozy walks in the countryside too. The weather is generally shit or extremely mild.
When it comes to technology the Internet here is shit. The pings grand but download speeds are crap. 300kb download. The roads are shit too bar a good ones here and there. The women are great craic bar a few retarded SJW types that everyone laughs at. School is good craic and hard work but grand most of the time. Irish people are redpilled quietly, but go to a pub and you will see the true redpill.
Ireland has its own identity when it comes to "quality of life" but it's alright and pretty cozy tbf.

Craic and pubs.

I never get this Catholic = poverty meme considering France, Spain, Italy.

delete this you beady eyed fuck

I love this country and wouldn't choose to live anywhere else. People are happy, generally because the communities are so strong. This is being fucked up in recent times because of muh globalism though.

Well you can't deny the Anglo-Irish trade war was an absolutely retarded move, considering the vast majority of Ireland's trade then was with the British Empire.

Because there are no niggers and brown people

Because it's a Tax Haven. Money stolen from all over the world governments by corrupt politicians go to their banks.

Looked it up. highest in girls, fourth highest over all.

>primarily because the UK didn't

We don't think much about you (when there are shekels on the table).
We did it because you made an enemy of the strongest of all European countries, and they were putting (your) money on the table.

I can believe that.

Ehh It may not have been smart economically but I can understand why it was done on principle, at the time.