Mathematicians and Electricians get in here!

Mathematicians and Electricians get in here!

Other urls found in this thread:

fear-of-lightning.wonderhowto.com/how-to/making-electromagnetic-weapons-theory-behind-emp-generators-0133121/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So I have a 55 gallon barrel wrapped with approximately 930 feet of a communications wiring. It is 12 strands of 24 gauge wire. I am trying to figure what the approximated gauge all 12 individual strands together would be equivalent to.

I'm a mathematician. Not sure I understand the point of this thread though.

Oh well, have a bump for acknowledging my shitty field.

I am essentially trying to create an emp generator. Can this put out anything significant or is the length of wire too long? Thinking DC power source. Having a hell of a time dealing with voltage drop and the initial figures of what guage 12 24 strands equals.

The ultimate goal is to find Gauss. But I must figure out the wire gauge issue first. Then bring in the other figures.

have you been to Cred Forums in the last 5 years? its a literal shithole

Thats depressing.

I don't know if there are any proper electricians on /sci/ but they might be able to help.

It's Cred Forums with a tinge of technology at this point.

/diy/ is probably the best board for that

>gallons
>feet
>gauge

>gallon
>feet
kys

0000 is the largest for AWG iirc

its approx 12mm in diameter.

the actual gauge is just a stupid measurement system that is confusing. you can google how to get from one gauge to the next. if this had any bearing on mathematics you wouldn't use gauges as anything but approximates.

The idea was to create interest by giving an idea of the scale of the device jerk.

go to away. this board is for serious political discussions about Hitler and Australian shit posting.

~10% of Cred Forums is redpilled, but yeah, the rest are faggots

I realize there is a conversion. Of course it doesn't relate directly to a gauge but to the carrying capacity of the wire all total in amps and volts.

Something like a 14 gauge, but your resistance is going to be lower than standard 14g RB.

You bumped a thread off Cred Forums for this shit?

how is this related to politics aka how come you haven't been perma-banned yet?

Jesus christ leaf give it a rest. This is a fucking math thread

This is EMP and BIG PHARMA.. it fits right in. This will be a medical device.

already went to sci and g

Hey! I heard there's copper ITT

Easy cunt 288. 12x24gauge dummy

>>

I suffer lyme disease and this will become a pulsed magnetism device. Also for the conspiracy buffs it would disrupt nano materials in the body.. theoretically.

Your biggest problem is going to be supplying enough current to induce an inductive load big enough to cause an emp. Likely what you have will barely take out you own computer, if it's right next to it.

It doesn't have to be powerful. I just want to get my figures correct so I know I am getting a permeating magnetic field.

I'm an electrical engineer, trust me man, your not gonna get this up an running, this guy give some good information.

fear-of-lightning.wonderhowto.com/how-to/making-electromagnetic-weapons-theory-behind-emp-generators-0133121/

>shitty field
i wish i was in maths
t. software engineering student

It doesn't have to emit a high gauss field. Just looking for a small range. It will definitely work. Just need to find a level where I won't fry the wiring.

As they say in Canadia, you're gonna need some skookum parts for your pixies to chooch.

This very same design wrapped around a 5 gallon bucket using 20volts and 5amps was plenty to produce a noticeable field. The design is solid. Getting the figures down is not.

24gauge can't handle much current, just because you have a bunch of it doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't put more then 3 amps down it. You can literally measure the resistance with a meter, but with DC your unlikely to do much.

>imperial
How the fuck do you guys build with measurements like that
>yeehaw I just took 13 gauge of milk with my 45,244832 elbow of cheese, gonna travel 40 boings to my ol house in kentucky luckily my pick-up only burns 45,321838229292919 wet-stacks of gasoline per boing om a chilly day of 9427^218 degrees of farherjohnson

You need to get the wire spec then. The strands are insulated, once you know that it's simple math. All these specs exist. What in gods name are you trying to do with this?

We have spec sheets. Imperial really isn't that bad, engineers usually don't care.

I guess we are just smarter then you and can handle systems that are not just base 10. You are just a retarded kid that makes fun of people for not shitting their pants.

applying a magnetic field to the body.

>my system is better because it's more convoluted
Nice mental gymnastics there, burger

G is basically a commercial for whatever their favorite headphones and cell phones are this year

I come here often. Apparently I belong here considering I cannot find the figures necessary to convert 12 24 guage wires down to the carrying capacity of a whole. And apparently neither can anyone else.

I'm not fucking doing your medieval conversions.
A barrel of 34,5 cods and two mackerels.

>Damn you're worse than Dan.
Buying some shit.
>That will be two firths and half a third thank you
uhm?
>83 krones

freakers counting in 20ies

I'm out

Hey, all the wires in the bundle are going to be twisted pairs, so its going to have a balancing effect. You arent going to generate much of an EM field using any data cable.

You need to use single strands.

There are apps to calculate the field of the solenoid you are building.

In other words: Not intelligent enough to figure it out. Like myself.