Not married yet, but my girlfriend wants to keep her last name. What are Cred Forums's thoughts/advice...

Not married yet, but my girlfriend wants to keep her last name. What are Cred Forums's thoughts/advice? Is it just a worthless symbol I should just let go or is it something that should not be compromised under any circumstance?

nasty nas!

What's her son's name?

C U C K

J E W

KYS

>that pic

offer her a compromise on a mattter she will object to.
find a way to tie the 2 together.
then let her come to the decition she preffers the other thing over keeping her name

It's best for her to keep your last name, though as long as your kids have yours it isn't majorly important in the long run.

it doesn't matter at all. your child will have your name by law and she will be called yourname-hername most of the time. it's just some feminist nonsense that should not be something that ruins your relationship or even warrant making a thread about. also your picture is horrible, kill yourself.

this

Maybe she can keep her maiden name as a middle name?

>Is it just a worthless symbol
Yes, like marriage. Remind her of that

My wife tried that shit to. Put your foot down. They all subconsciously want a dominate (not tyrant) man to be the leader. Be the leader.

as long as she doesnt try hypenating your kids names, youre fine

Leave the bitch

its a shit test, she wants to make sure she has a good man, even if its not intentional

fuckin smoked: "Honey, you taking my name is as important a symbol to me as our marriage"

No good way out of that one, bitch.

This, the jew way to deal with problems.

>getting married
Should have been like the guy in the OP. Now you're relegated to sucking your wife's toes. Hope she has some good ones, for your sake.

My wife didn't change hers, but then life got harder and she changed it to mine.

Shree doesn't see you s her provider, basically. If she had saved her from something maybe she would.

I didn't care, I wanted kids only, and I got them.

The real shit test will come after marriage and kids when the romance dues completely

Serious answer:

What will you name children? Some mestizo-style hyphenated shit?

If you're not having kids, do whatever you want. But the question of children should cut to the core of the issue; is she trying to emasculate you, or is it a matter of familial pride?

Also, please tell me that's a nigger sucking another nigger man's toes, because if those are supposed to be she-nigger toes...

It's fucking simple. She takes your name. It's a form of submission. Submission makes her moist. Submission tells her that she can trust you because you are a man enough to make her to submit.

My girlfriend wanted to keep her last name, because her mom had married like 4 times and she hated her mom always switching names.

The day I told her to marry me is the same day I told her that she would be taking my last name, and it wasn't up for discussion. Sure enough, she happily took my last name and has never, ever complained. It's not something she'll resent. In fact, it'll get the motor running when you call her "Mrs. ", because it makes everything seem real, final, concrete, stable, and settled, which is what women really value in a marriage.

anything to stay out of jail , I guess.

>What are Cred Forums's thoughts/advice? I
Depends on if she is from a prestigious family
Are you and Habsburg to your children's name?

If she doesn't want your name, she doesn't want to be married. Marriage is making a family from two people. Families share a family name, period.

What do you get out of marriage? You're sticking your neck out to do this. You stand to lose so much, and she stands to lose nothing, and she's already got one foot out the door if she doesn't want to take your family name.

You absolutely must put your foot down. I did. My wife took my name. I wouldn't have gotten married otherwise.

Marriage is a sacrifice by the male. The woman gets everything. The least she can do is make a symbolic gesture of loyalty.

As long as the kids get your name, it's okay
But if she want them to get dash bullshit, quit

>Not married yet, but my girlfriend wants to keep her last name.

Not married but should I ever wife some girl up I couldn't give a flying fuck if she took my name or not BUT the kids would have my name, and my name only (no double-barrel bullshit), or there would be no marriage.

Is she a doctor or high-ranking professional with a lot of name recognition? That's pretty much the one circumstance where it might be acceptable.

I'd argue it's better she doesn't tbqh. I've never understood the point of your wife stealing your surname, especially given the hassle involved. Why can't she keep her own damn perfectly functional surname? Why aren't women ever happy with what they have?

I would insist on any children having my surname though for historical reasons. Irish surnames are old as fuck and I wouldn't want to sever that centuries/millennia-old tradition because of some fashionable but ultimately transient notions of political correctness. If I had some shit-tier English common-as-muck tradesmen surname though I wouldn't give a shit.

>marring a career woman
>ever

Lol shes already preparing for the divorce. Sure picked a winner.

nas lost

Break up with her, im 100% serious. I would never accept that, even if she had literature published with her maiden name i would not accept it.

Your ancestors would be ashamed.

can comfirm

my dad is a cuck'd homo and ny name is double barrel'd. in spite of the faggot i took my mothers name

nas??

It's extremely cucked to have your wife keep her own name or hyphenate. Sorry, but your fiance is a femtardo

Is that a fucking Bigfoot?

kek, ops kids will probably do this

The clearest sign in the world that it won't work. It already is about her to the point where you're not a partner but an object or collectable. Her drama your suffering wait for better or nothing at all.
>That better be photoshop.

Tradition states that she should adopt your last name, because after marriage she is now part of your family, not her birth family.

I wouldn't marry a women that do not respect traditions

Seriously user, you absolutely MUST insist. When she said yes to marriage, she said yes to taking your name. They are part and parcel.

She's modifying the deal as if it's a negotiable component. It isn't.

If your wife has a different last name, everyone will know what it means. She wears the pants. She runs shit and you're just tagging along. It's an embarrassment. DO NOT ACCEPT IT.

in quebec you have to hyphenate

>but my girlfriend wants to keep her last name
kek you're as cucked as you are fucked if you marry her

she doesn't love you enough to enter in to a proper union, you should not get married to her to begin with, what it says to me is that she doesn't want the trouble of changing it back once she inevitably divorces you
anyone who would pull something like that is also bound to have a ton of other red flags as well

bro that is some shakespearean shylock for that ass holy fuck

Been there desu. It's not so bad.

My wife compromised and kept her fathers (who had died 5 years prior to our marriage) surname and hyphened it with my surname at the end.

Both of our children took my surname with no discussion otherwise.

The best option is to talk openly about the issue, whatever it may be, and come to an agreement on a decision.

>de Alcântara João Carlos Leopoldo Salvador Bibiano Francisco Xavier de Paula Leocádio Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga

> my girlfriend wants to keep her last name

So she wants to keep her father's name. Right?

Don't let a possibly good marriage go to waste because of your or her last name.

fucking jews man why are you so smart

>that reaction image
fuck off to reddit

Is this how "Nasty" Nas got his name?

I FAPPED TO THIS HELP ME Cred Forums

That's a nobility thing.
Nobles don't use surnames.

The portuguese kings used "de Bragança" in their names, but it wasn't a surname, just the name of their property

I'm in the same situation

throughout our years together I've convinced her to hyphenate, but I will not be taking her name at all. Her argument is that originally it was to show the husbands ownership of the wife, but I argue that that's not the purpose anymore, and that it's just a traditional thing.

I don't get it, because she wants to have a traditional marriage, but is the minister going to say "ladies and gentlemen for whats probably the 1000th time, Mr. Bennett and Mrs. REDACTED"?

That sounds fucking retarded.

OP has already abandoned thread, he probably got a little sore when he realized how big of a cuck hes being even ASKING this question.

fuck it I'm saving that picture that is some powerful nightmare shit for some house of horror Halloween fun.

dump her, christ my gf would never do any of this shit. Are you a recent reddit convert out of curiosity?

Except they dont own most of the names they have
They just come from that house

She is obviouslly not traditional.

Let her keep her first name.

Missus wanted to keep her last name when we got married.
> I told her I would leave her if she didn't take my name.

Our first child together she wanted to have a double barrelled last name mine/hers
>I told her I would leave her if the child didn't have my name.

Funnily enough the chopsy cow now has my last name and the kid has my last name.

>MFW posting on Poland as a Brit with a fit Slav wife and have polish flag for 2 weeks

KURWA PIEROGI

Nope, been on Cred Forums since around 2010-2011 in fact.

Started on Cred Forums like any newfag would, went to Cred Forums and eventually found my way here about a year and a half ago.

I don't plan on dumping her over the fact that she has some childish opinions that don't matter. I don't get into a relationship and give it up over something dumb like this. I get into a relationship with the intention of starting a family, and until she proves she is incapable of doing that, I'm going to keep trying.

Yeah, but her family is, and I think that's why she wants a traditional wedding.

Of course not.
"de Bragança" was just a important property, the Duchy of Braganza. Their heir apparent use this title because it is a important one.
They sometimes used the names of their ancestors or os the saints(de Alcântara cames from a saint) to honour them.

Some habsburgs used the "of Austria/von Osterreich" because it indicated their most important property too.

The Hohenzollern from Romania used "of Romania" as last name.

My fiance has an awesome last name that speaks to get heritage and sense of family. When we get married, she'll take my last name because she understands that having out family is paramount and she respects me as a man.

>tfw it's a tradition in my family to have the first son's middle name be the fathers name
>tfw this is pretty important to me, but my gf might want to have her maiden name be the first childs middle name.

I will make a compromise, my first daughters middle name will be her maiden name, but my first sons middle name WILL be my name.

Then how is it not a surname?

>Yeah, but her family is, and I think that's why she wants a traditional wedding
Then dump her. That confirm she is unfit to be a wife and mother

What will the kids names be? You going to hyphenate their last names? What happens when they have kids? Is there going to be three last names? So the kids won't have the same last name as both you and your wife? Don't you think that's going to be confusing?

Just to be clear I am not disagreeing I am just pointing out there are times it is acceptable to add her name

Holy shit that picture

Surnames are a thing for plebs, so state could identify people easily.
That's in most of West europe

Only if you're a poorfag and she is from a Rotschild-tier wealthy family.

If your family history is shit then let your family surname die.

It really depends. If she has a higher class name, keep it for your kids, as it will totally help then in life.

Both of my parents have old German nobility names that were made pseudo illegal in Germany proper. My mother's maiden name/family is respectable, and I personally wouldn't have mindes bei g hyphenated.

9 times out of ten it is an absolute shit test though, if she wants her name but your marriage she's a hypocrite.

When I got married I asked my wife to keep her own name. When it comes to taxes, splitting stuff up, being beneficiaries the name you have doesn't matter at all.

Hispanics already do that.

How "pseudo illegal" is that?

Think of it like this OP.

If she doesn't want your last name, she really doesn't want you.

So you think a girl would object to being named Mrs Pitt? Or Mrs Decaprio?

Fuck no, they would kill to have that opportunity. So you gotta ask yourself, why doesn't she want YOUR name?

Well the answer is simple, she doesn't really respect or want you that bad, sounds like she is just settling so she doesn't want to go all the way.

Anyways not taking your name is more then just a small symbolic thing, it states the way she feels about you as a whole and what kind of future you can expect.

Lel that's exactly what I did.

It's the cuckiest thing ever.

Don't marry her if she won't take your name.

In fact this might be grounds to just break up with her.
It's a red flag

Don't marry her. She keeps her last name. You both win. Also dump her.

How to Jewing.

>in quebec you have to hyphenate
is that a surprise to literally anyone?

>smart
It's called being manipulative. Even stupid women do this.

Seriously, women that keep or hyphenate their names have one foot out the door. Prepare to be divorce raped and have Chad visits in 2 years.

On the one hand your being nice and calm, so i feel for you. On the other hand you are objectively a major cuck.

Don't let her. If you let her she will sense weakness and use you until you are dry. You need to be firm so she gets into this with the mindset that she is not getting your money for free.

The German nobility was abolished after WW2 and the use of noble names was frowned upon for awhile, probably even more so today.

So America cadet branches, those of us descended from the seventh sons of seventh sons are more common than our senior line relatives.

You anglos/europeans are so weird with the surname changing thing. Here no one ever changes their surname

My gf is the same, but because she has a unique last name and wants to keep it. Apparently it's one of those really cool, rare last names that goes back forever and ever in Ireland. I told her if we ever get married she has to change it or hyphenate with my name first.

To be determined.

Not true. I know many children at the school I teach that have hyphenated names.

Whats wrong with her keeping her last name?

Makes sense to me, it will look like two people who got married, not look like you married you cousin you sick fuck.

The only reason a woman should keep her name is if she is older and TRULY established in her profession. I knew a scientist that had 20 years of publishing under her belt, and would literally have to start over in her field.

Personally, she uses his last name, because she is traditionally minded.

Also, every young woman who wants to keep her name is trouble. I've seen it to many times. They are not expecting to spend their life with you if they are already planning on post divorce planning.

oh yeaaaaaa

you obviously dont grasp the point of marriage

>What's in a name
Ask yourself that.
I'd only be willing to compromise if future wife's last name was "White" so she has a double making it "White"-"Power"

the same name makes you a team. Its your uniform as a family. Children get put on your same team. It unifies.

If she wants to keep her last name, you wont be the same team in the same way that a fully committed couple will be. Its a step away from the team, not fully leaning in.

Get a pre-nup.

You can just have a double barrelled surname if you both care that much

and what name will your kids take?

What do you not understand germanon?

You marry someone, file papers, there is no need to have legally change her last name. People will still call you mr & mrs _xlastname_.

German nobility never was abolished. Only Austria did that. Every second minister of defense is a noble. They still are a major part of the elite.

like i said you dont get the point of marriage

the double barrelled surname obviously that's the whole point

>1 post by OP
>important issue that all patriarchs need to be educated on

what do?

So if this shit becomes the norm the kids after that are gonna have eight last names right?

Cant we just stick to fucking tradition for once?

Allow her to keep her last name but also take yours, since she's part of your family now
user Y. Mous marries Femanon T. Shekelberg
She becomes Femanon T. Shekelberg Mous
Spanish people do it

To let your wife sleep with arab and african "refugees" your stupid chancellor let into your country. Start ww3 again kraut or have you been neutered?

Cuck

when I got married, I told my wife that I didnt care if she changed her name or not, but my kids would have my last name.

she changed her name so her kids would have her name too.

Don't ever marry a woman who doesn't respect you as a man. You should walk away before it necessitates a divorce rather than simple breakup.

>Frenchmen are cucks

And water is wet.

there is a law that prohibits merging names that are already extended. how would you think this will look in the future? hi i'm Bill smith jones johnson williams millis taylor davis.

She drops the name or you drop her. You want hypencuck kids?