Tom cruise hasn't made a good movie since collateral...

tom cruise hasn't made a good movie since collateral. if you get excited to see a tom cruise movie in this day and age you're a fucking idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jack Reacharound
Edge of Tomorrow
Oblivion
Tropic Thunder.

I still think The Color of Money was his best film.

nani

please explain to me cruise hero worship

1. Partly nostalgia bc he was such a huge part of pop culture.
2. He is very enthusiastic and throws himself into his roles, it makes it easy to support a guy like that
3. Reaction against the anti tom Cruise fad in the 2000s
4. Sometimes I wish I’d run into him somewhere and somehow we would strike up a conversation, we’d find ourselves talking for hours like old friends. Eventually he would invite me over to his place to bbq that weekend. It would become a weekly ritual. We’d end up being best friends until I tragically die in some horrible acids that decades from now. Tom will often visit my gravesite. He’s only stay for a few minutes but each time he would pay my headstone and leave a copy of one of his movies before he leaves, he would take great care to never leave the same movie twice.

Such fun movie. If they made final arc better it would be kino

I don't think Tom has ever been political. I like that he doesn't force his agenda on us.

>I don't think Tom has ever been political. I like that he doesn't force his agenda on us.
The fucktard is literally the face of Scientology and pushes his agenda every chance he gets
What you're actually saying is "he doesn't offend my snowflake sensibilities"

>political
>religious
Not the same thing, ape.

wait McQuarrie was credited for The Mummy? Probably just some minor rewrites, he's been working with Cruise pretty closely since Reacher

Ive never heard him talk about it

at least not since the beginning when we first learned of it and he was acting weird

yea

If you are naive enough to believe an organisation which infiltrated the IRS, the FBI and local government groups to further its own goals is not "political" then you're one dense fuck

>forgetting this already
youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

The only time he ever publicly tried to prosteltyse for Scientology was during the Matt Lauer interview about Brooke Shields, and even then he didn’t mention it by name. Every other time I’ve heard Scientology being brought into the Tom Cruise discussion it’s other people bringing it up, and not him.

Oblivion was great and Edge of Tomrrow was fantastic, fuck off.

Since Valkyrie, actually.

yea I meant since this time when he first started acting crazy

should've said "havent heard him mention it recently"

oof

This. But idk what the 4th point is about

American Made is pure kino

he looks like a budget simon baker

this isn't Cred Forums, nigger

we actually like movies here

i saw it yesterday. it was alright.

based tapir stating the truth

tom cruise has made good movies since collateral. if you don't get excited to see a tom cruise movie in this day and age you're a fucking idiot.

Tom Cruise has only one bad movie throughout his entire career, and it's the Mummy, mainly because the studio had way too much control and tried to push its universe bullshit. Ironically, the best scene in the film was the one Cruise came up with, which was the zero-g plane crash.

That's the only bad one. He has some mediocre ones, but mostly great movies. Truly the greatest movie star of all time. KYS OP.

Cruise feels like the last of a Era.
No one else is bringing something of his caliber.
You can always count on him to deliver a good old fashioned Action Thriller

LMAO YOU FUCKING RETARD

DOUBTING BASED TOM EVER

MI3
Valkyrie
Tropic Thunder
MI4
Rock of Ages
Jack Reacher
Oblivion
Edge of Tomorrow
Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
and i bet my life on MI6 to be cruise kino again

and if you piece of shit will ever doubt the SAVIOR of KINO again, take a look at his movies before collateral, he`s a living guarantee for kino

we dont deserve him

cant bruise the cruise
cant wrong the tom

even the mummy was good, his only bad movie is knight and day

That's because he is the last of an era. The age of movie stars is ending. People no longer flock to cinemas just to see a certain actor. Directors, concepts and franchises are the kings now. Movies used to be made around the biggest star, not the other way around. Nowadays the star barely has any control over the product. Cruise is pretty much the only one who still has this power.

I have no intention of watching the mommy. Are the set pieces worth watching on YouTube if I just pretend it's Hunt in deleted MI scenes.

That video was only produced for scientologists, it was leaked to the public

>t. Nicole Kidman

nah man, knight and day was still a fun movie. Typical cruise kino. But the mummy was just boring and Cruise wasnt himself, he tried to act like Fraiser did (quirky humor, socially awkward a little). Did NOT work out well

I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Cruise but I wouldn't say many of his movies are particularly bad except for The Mummy which was a trainwreck.

Fuck you, tom is the definition of kino. Every movie he is in is fun. I look forward to every movie he is in. He is the last true movie star, apolitical and charismatic. I don't give a shit if I'm shilling, even in his bad movies he is still good.

Mission Impossible > James Bond
Also, Edge of Tomorrow is one of the top 3 sci fi movies of this decade

>apolotical
Well I mean at least he doesn't put it in his movies, he knows that's career suicide after he tried the first time.

>tom is the definition of kino

You're right, just not in the way you'd like to be.

>apolitical

you won't be rattled by his history as a political donor then

Man, Knight and day was loads of fun. The mummy was ok, not good, but certainly not bad. Jack Reacher 2 is where he fucked up.

Why didn't he just rape Emily Blunt multiple times in Edge of Tomorrow and just kill himself afterwards? Perfect opportunity to do so as no one but him will remember any of it.
>Hurr she strong woman
Not after he works her out after a few goes she isn't.

because he's a good man unlike you

>Why didn't he just rape Emily Blunt multiple times in Edge of Tomorrow

he had an awkward enough time climbing katie holmes

last proper action hero, the western jackie chan, going lengths to sepiver a good movie, counterculture and the feeling of him being under appreciated by others, see edge of tomorrow etc

>"Grant unto me thy dainty hoof"

>the western jackie chan

well shit before now I hadn't guessed "western" was synonymous with "weak and crap"

he did user, its in the sirectors cut

He gives manlets hope to achieve something despite their disadvantages

If you had the opportunity to do something that no one will possibly remember why wouldn't you do it? It's not like anyone will remember it.

ive seen every tom cruise film
i will continue to see every tom cruise film
the list must remain complete

hes an excellent actor with a great catalogue

his worst film is objectively rock of ages

>Collateral
>good

You are pretty much wrong across the board with the exception of the second Jack Reacher and The Mummy

Nice try though, now go do your Math homework, you have a big test on Monday!

Hes a nice guy :)

Shut the fuck up Tom Cruise made a fuckton of good movies

how is he so FUCKING HUGE

this

Is tom cruise a sociopath?

Like I know he's batshit insane yet he's still really likeable

what movie is that?

Yes user, but most normal people would just predict the lottery or something

Not go around raping and killing people

Seek help

Mission Impossible: Fallout trailer

fpbp

Live Die Repeat was a good movie.

>Jack Reacher
>Oblivion
>good
what did he mean by this?

Legitimately nice person. Only a contrarian shithead would disagree.

Ghost Protocol is kino.
>good action
>thicc reveal
>russian gadgets
>a rab buildings

based opinion on psych meds.

>Jack Reacher isn't good, but atleast it's fun

>but the mummy was bad he acts like shit...
k, fine. have you seen that chick from the box?

Actually I really enjoyed his "out of place" character here. He was an anti-hero, jerk and asshole. It made his character feel very real, unlike another charming hero Hollywood push for.
Also that constant "wtf is going on" feeling made a lot of sense. How would you react having strange visions of an unknown lady, talking to you in an unknown language? Or waking up in bodybag after horrific plane crash?
I'm sure you would be like "what the fuck?" and Cruise was just like that.

Brendan was acting like hero who knows everything, Cruise gave more "natural", schocked performance of guy who got no idea what's going on, but somehow got into these strange events.
I guess that's why they hated it. People just want a cartoonish hero, not a normal guy.

It's one of his most classic, but he's acted better in plenty of movies once he got older.

>face of Scientology
Nigger, he IS Xenu

Scientology isn't a political stance you munted retard.

Just go back to r*ddit my dude