youtube.com/watch?v=4zT4lgiqVg0
youtube.com/watch?v=-bFITC5Kb5g
letterboxd.com/jojonium/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>big boy
For you

BeHAVE, Brucie!

wheres ron howard

I love Clara Bow. Great example from cinema history where the transistion to talkies killed a career.

Come over here, big boy!

No thanks
It seems unpleasant

that seems very unpleasant

pleb?

>The Shining

This is a message to all soyboy artfaggots. Give me a reason why this being didn't shatter all notions of art. Give a me a reason why he didn't end cinema. Give me a reason why Costa, Ruiz, Beavers, Bresson, Tarkovsky, Jarman, Parajanov, Snow, Benning, Brakhage should be given any credence near let alone over this being

because color

>because color
why does this get a pass

Why do nobodies get acclaim for using one color scheme, but tints are denigrated

Infinitely better than Stalker, infinitely better than Vertigo

I hate this flaccid no-effort dynamist look. The New Wave was a mistake.

Tableau is superior.

>I hate this flaccid no-effort dynamist look. The New Wave was a mistake.

B-B-B-BUT IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY THERE! IT'S LIKE A DOCUMENTARY!

>IT'S LIKE A DOCUMENTARY
Shut the fuck up. You're the type of faggot in pic-related.

Documentary does not mean low-effort, handheld. Learn visual literacy.

>visual literacy
Why Man With a Movie Camera was criticized by Eisenstein

Running around like a buffoon swinging your camera and masking it with cuts, exposures, and superimpositions doesn't replace visual literacy

Que Viva Mexico was shot on the fly. He had no excuse. He was a born failure.

How do you ever hope to write with a camera if you're visually illiterate

Exceeds art
lazy hippie

Composition, emotionalism

Not visual literacy. It's connecting dots

THIS IS A FAR MORE COMPLEX IMAGE THAN ANYTHING FROM A DREYER OR GANCE WORK

what's so complex about it

Near synergistic movement, but contrapuntal expression. Poe's work is artistic creation while his sickly partner is neglected slow death. Where is Poe getting his creative spirit, is he creating to suffice his partner and put food on the table or for his own satisfaction. Is he using his partner for his own artistic benefits. The crow at the top and tarnished backdrp represent the naturalistic mise-en-scene. The type that is not compressed like a Bergman in pic-related or the expression of psyche in Caligari. It is the adornments of natural abodes like everyone else's that signify status. The crow watches over as dominance, but the tarnished backdrop shows collapse. They stand not impeding upon one another but either could fall at any second while the crow shows no sign of wear. The crow merely stands there mocking in its ignorance.

closeup means can only see expression
color already signifies expression

Redundancy, one wavelength. This is what precision and compressed reality gets you. Dumbing down.

We want IMPRECISION. SPONTANEOUS CONTROL THAT DOES NOT IMPEDE AND LEAD TO EXPANSION

>CONTROL THAT LEADS TO EXPANSION
oh you mean like Dreyer? Obviousness. Feeling director more than performance. Contrived sense of "transcendentalism", mismatched eyelines that imply hysteria, set design that mimicks perspective, and abuse of closeups to hit further the point of "God (the audience) listening". You mean dumbing everything down for every single last audience member to understand this entertainment masquerading as high art? You mean Joan of Arc? You mean Ordet?

If the camera expresses the individual's thoughts and actions you are not visually communicating. You are connecting dots.

"What's missing from cinema is the wind in the trees."

Truer words have never been spoken. Griffith's medium is separate from cinema. It is everything and nothing all at the same time. You're nothing but a puppet. You have no free will. If you choose to listen, you were genetically inclined. If you choose to ignore, you're still being mocked regardless.

Tracking shot is morality

Reaction shot is ethics

A technique is a tool, not a toy.

Language is a gift, not a must-have.

Harness it and you will exceed the sum of your parts

Shot-reverse-shot is dialogue

where is this from?

An awful flick

If that impresses you, you need to go back

it is not from mirror though is it?

How does one become visually literate though? :(

Impressing is antithetical. It invests and distracts from assessment. You must cloud and confound without the opposition's notice..

You must unleash the man-beast and tame it

Visually illiterate and literally illiterate

You're beyond help. When the only thing you've ever succeeded at is being born barely, there's only one answer.

How surreal

You can't merely make a picture centered around abstract metaphors. You have expanded and lost your thesis because the reality you created is compressed to the point of only fitting that message (what you are specifically saying and addressing). Metaphors only work with Eisenstein and Griffith. Universal, interactive, and polysemitic (think: Unchanging Sea (sea is both integral as sea but sea is also metaphysical network of memory), October (sacrifices made at bridge)). The idea becomes the metaphor, reality is the metaphor, not inseparable.

You want mind control not mind reading otherwise you empower the audience

wew engaging with art sure has made you a well rounded understanding and empathetic person

>Art
Self-expression and regression into selfhood has put you in the place where you're at.
>Costa, Ruiz, Beavers, Bresson, Tarkovsky, Jarman, Parajanov, Snow, Benning, Brakhage
Name one thing any of these no-name fuitloops did that changed things on a mass scale. Griffith shattered all notions of art. Art is bullshit. Cinema is bullshit. Griffith created a medium where he could speak to the world globally, to influence, to change, to inspire to think. Griffith is neither art nor cinema. He is neither artist nor showman. Fuck introspection, fuck self-expression. Griffith attacked all of you lying sacks of shit. That is why he is denigrated. Reviled. There is nothing people hate more than the truth.

You have no free will and you will learn nothing. Obey or perish, slave.

The man-beast is compelled to destroy itself for my amusement

does it not ever get old playing this role here every single day? What else do you do with your life?

Day in, day out.

You will never change.

Your fate is sealed. And I have the key.

youtube.com/watch?v=4zT4lgiqVg0

Does the Griffith shill even have a LB profile? Who is this madman?

RIP Idrissa Ouedraogo, Burkina Faso filmmaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=-bFITC5Kb5g
His segment from Lumiere and Company (1995)

What are you watching tonight /lbg/

what are some instant gratification films?

Might watch Blackhat desu
Anything not made Griffith of course

letterboxd.com/jojonium/

>Roger Moore lower than Mother
NOT GENES

lol this is the angsty retard larping as "le empathic le vitalist art lover"

>angsty
*spits in your FACE

Very relateable content

wheres amaranth

wheres altarwise

wheres hentaicop