I heard this shit takes a lot from Blade Runner and i fucking love Blade runner (both), is it worth watching?

I heard this shit takes a lot from Blade Runner and i fucking love Blade runner (both), is it worth watching?

Episodes 1-3: Good
Episodes 4-7: Okay
Episodes 7-10: Shit

I'm four episodes in and I'm pretty sure I hate it. Everything is pretty cringey, the vulgarity and edginess is real try hard. There are these constant heavy handed and vacuous sidetracks into the cultural banalities of mexicans. I can't imagine it is going to get any better since these things don't seem like they are going to take a back seat.

did the money run out after the first 3 eps?

This is what I called 5,5/10.
Will you roll your eyes while watching it? No.
Would you care about literally anything? Again, no.

I really wanted to like it because muh cyberpunk but it's fucking hot garbage.

Couldnt watch it it was that bad, netflix justed....

No, the production values are good the whole way through, it's just a shitty story that gets worse as it goes along

I liked it.
It's good, not great, solid 3/5.

production values are not an issue. the writing very much is.

We can all agree Rei was the best girl, right?

3 is when i dropped it. why does netflix go out of its way to find terrible writers?

the whole romance plot is horrible, characters keep making nonsense decisions and the hole flashback training arc is a mess of cliches, the main character being an edge lord half the time doesn't help either.

Which is a shame because i liked the visuals and the actors themselves are usually pretty gud...

This is objectively true.

why is her face like that

The book was inspired by Blade Runner among other things and it's cyberpunk, but the story and world are unique. It's worth a watch if you really like classic cyberpunk, but I personally dislike how different it is from the book. The overall quality is really inconsistent from scene to scene.

This chick is the worst actress I've seen in something with a halfway decent budget in a long time. Her acting isn't even CW teen drama tier.

Her delivery of dialogue was fucking agonizingly bad.

Just binge watch it It's kind of fun. I liked it loads and I've read the book. A few changes but good nonetheless

yea its whorth watching dont expect to much tho

I fucking love science xD

Because she's half aussie shitposter, half fox.

Great ideas. Great "future tech" integration into the story. Very poorly executed plot. Agree with the earlier poster about the flashbacks being unhelpful and confusing. I would like to see this story again under a different director.

Enjoyable bollocks. Would happily watch S2.

It's amazing. I loved it.

They went a bit too far with the STRONG BLACK QUEEN stuff.

it was good but I literally had to fast fwd past the LIZZIE scenes

its great bc you miss nothing by doing so

The main character is really hot, so that's all that matters in the end

What I've learned from this show is that the reason nobody casts asians is not racism, it's because asians are terrible actors. Decent show though, binged the fuck out of it.

It's trash

It's to Blade Runner what is Nu-Wars to the originals.

requesting someone to do the real shop in PS

The first few episodes are really really good. It starts off with a Blade Runner-esque detective murder mystery.

It then ditches that quickly for dogshit Grimm/Gotham tier action series instead.

First few episodes are 9/10, the rest of the series is anywhere from 4-6/10. There are interesting elements there that kept me watching but I was awfully disappointed because there was serious potential for it to be something quite special.

The mexican chick might be the worst actress I've seen in anything, ever.

KOVACH?
KOVACH?

MUH ABUELA
*CRIES IN SPANISH*

The lack of chemistry between the asian dude and the black woman had me chuckling at times. They were *so* awkward on screen together, obviously didn't find each other attractive.. felt so forced.

I was getting Avatar vibes from all of their scenes.

Visually pretty good, good direction, good CGI.
Everything else is shit, writing, dialogues, acting.

>good direction
there wasn't a single memorable shot in the entire 10 hours.

Who was in the wrong?

Neither one of them was wrong really. Although Reid didn't have to do what she did which is why the story went to shit after she was introduced

quell for stopping the perfect brother sis doujinsha cyberpunk fuckfest

Watched the first couple of episodes today actually and wow what a fucking garbage show. I really wanted to like it and the visuals and concept were nice enough but the story and all the characters are just so fucking awful I can't force myself to watch more, especially with everyone saying the first few episodes are actually the best and it only gets worse

nice blogvfaggit

Nice defence of your favourite garbage show

it's ok

Poe was an awesome side-character would team-up with and have him watch my back 10/10

Indeed he was. It's a shame they killed him off.

>ywn have a yandere little sister

Takeshi was such a homo.

It was fucking ridiculous that this bitch survived all that shit that happened. I won't even begin with Laurens "welp I guess it was a suicide" Bancroft

Even though the ending was disappointing, I'd still strongly recommend it to everyone who enjoys sci-fi

It's not like there's that many good sci-fi shows on TV nowadays. You can't just spend eternity re-watching old shows. Altered Carbon was a good sci-fi. Good for passing time waiting for The Expanse, anyway

>The Expanse
But that went to shit with season 2

The books went to shit after 3, the show might actually not

Weak plot, makes up for it by showing good titties all the time.
Also good cyberpunk visuals.

You shouldn't. It's shit sci-fi. and the writing is atrocious.

>let's cast the least desireable demographics - asian male and nigger female - for our romance!
yeah what could go wrong lmao

Yet it was an improvement from the books. The better part of the books, mind you.

It started with a promising plot in a boring setting but then the plot started dragging on in Season 2, so the crappy acting and the empty setting started to be unbearable.

I just marathoned it till the first half of episode 7 and it starts good but around episode 7 it becomes shit.

I absolutely loved the noir sci-fi athmosphere of the first half of the serie. Recommend me more of that stuff Cred Forums. I already watched Blade Runner, GITS and The Expanse.

>Her acting isn't even CW teen drama tier
That's hilarious considering she's from The 100 where she played a radioactive cannibal cavewoman

Yeah they fucked up on tying everything up and creating a satisfying conclusion. Also notice how the decreasing screentime of Purefoy correlated with the degrading quality of the show.

7 is the best you pulp/lit/shit

Yeah man shooting their way out of the situation was definitely the most logical thing to do here

>liking the flashback episodes
you should kys

stupid cunt leader

*confuses your boner*

Yeah you're right kovac and laurens where the best acted and likeable characters desu.
Laurens isn't even that special as a character but purefoy makes it great.
That scene when he goes mental at the clone was one of the better acted scenes in this season.

>This chick is the worst actress
fuck off the nigg cunts are the worst

It was doomed from inception. They were never going to be able to properly balance two genres as incongruous as cyberpunk and film noir with a group of directors whose best credits are Jessica Jones and The Defenders.

kek
i second this request

where is the shoop with fat tits?

>as incongruous as cyberpunk and film noir
Fuck's sake, Neuromancer and Blade Runner were both packed with noir cliches, the entire "cyberpunk" genre is just "film noir with robots and shieet"

It's like saying "I don't know how you can make an action movie with martial arts in it"

Its ok. They really botched the "Envoy" shit. Every flash back to envoy shit is fucking cancer on screen. Would have been better just ripping of BR.

>I won't even begin with Laurens "welp I guess it was a suicide" Bancroft
I can't remember, did they explain who tried to hack the backup satellite if it was suicide?

Why is this lead actor getting pushed so much? He looks like a skeezy drug addict in everything he has been in.

But user cyberpunk and film noir always went hand in hand.
Cyberpunk is basically dystopian science fictiom film noir.

Katana's got his back

the flashback episode was the best in American Gods as well

NOPE. One of the glaring holes in the plot imo. Show implicitly wants you to accept that fappening explanation the lawyer gives.

Ive said this for years. They suffer from expressionless faces and vocal tone and they have that whole uncanny valley thing happening especially a happa like Rei.

>yfw at some point "cyberpunk" won't be used anymore because it's just normal life and film noir will be the "new" term

What are you talking about? Neuromancer has never even been made into a film and Ridley Scott is a fucking genius, which proves my point perfectly.

>Her mother is Tibetan and her Australian father is of German heritage.
hot desu

>Neuromancer has never even been made into a film
But the book is a 1940s pulp story dressed up with technology

>The books went to shit after 3

After 2, actually. Tho I enjoyed 5 too.

which series is that? goddamn Cred Forums can't you even put the name of the show if you're discussing it ffs

Pic related is much more satisfying IMO.

Modified Charcoal

Transformed Diamonds

Changed Graphite

This scene was retarded.

That was all added for the show, so naturally it was awful since Netflix has 0 writers that can write.

whole show was great liked it from start to finish , it's more action than blade runner and it's more story than blade runner and everyone gets naked

>I was getting Avatar vibes from all of their scenes.
That is far too generous. The production values even seemed different in the flashbacks. Had a made for TV/early 2ks scifi (Stargate etc) cheap look.

This, please

I enjoyed it and would love to do filthy, unforgivable things to Ortega, but the overall plot point/tech makes the concept horrifying to me.

I assumed it was Rei, to help give Banecroft the impression that he was murdered.

I'd put Poe there too.

its garbage. if u want a good cyberpunk show watch Total Recall 2070

Yeah just wait until we get to the lesbian priestess and the gangbang family.

Another suggestion for those with a cyberpunk itch. There is an old early 90s mini series Directed by Oliver Stone called Wild Palms. William Gibson even makes a cameo. The effects are dated but decent story.

if I knew how I would do it

Totally took me by surprise how good it was.
Starts off a bit slow amd the quality does feel a little inconsistent at times, but on the whole it's fucking great.

>T. Wakandan

Pretty much my feelings

>dat lesbian priestess high on drugs doing silly things while everyone else is dying part

It is hard to say what was the lowest of the third book, but this is right up among the contestants.

I wish she had a feminine penis now

>you were drugged with a mind-altering rage enhancer against your knowledge or will.
>we're still going to punish you for it

what did they mean by this?

excerpts please

user..

what?

This, really. The show tries very hard to be cringey. It's a toss-up of the worst film memes (le proud black women, evil rich people). They don't know how to cyberpunk, they definitely could have done something VERY GOOD with it but the actors and the scriptwriters are talentless. I watched it because I was bored

other anons want to see her with nice big tits, you want to see her with a penis, very gay user

I never said I wanted to see her feminine penis, i just wanted her to have one

>clones of a girl named Rei

Hmmmm

WHO HERE WISHES THEY WENT FULL INCEST IN THE SERIES NEAR THE END WITH REILEENE AND TAK?

Seriously, the sexual tension between the two was ridiculous.

DIdn't think of that.
I think hackers being called dippers was a reference to diving in GitS

How many times do I have to say it?

Mommyfu is best girl.

>geez

it was cool when she took off her clothes I guess

Looks a bit Mongolian

user..

>pussy literally secretes a drug that allows you to feel all the pleasure you're giving her

Her nip game was on fucking point in every scene. A shame about the profile of her face though. You can look any way you want and you choose to leave the house with THAT nose?

Just finished it.
Actually liked the fuck out of the setting for not diving into "is your stack actually you" kinda thing which most sci-fi titles do these days.
Even at the end when Tak decides which one of him will die it's done with zero ambiguity which felt like a breath of fresh air with some these new shows and movies. So I liked the show for that.
But the story itself is meh, tolerable but doesn't stand lightest zoom.

Also cunts who get mad at a show for black people being in it should kys. I found it absolutely appropriate, especially with resleeving thing being a major theme.
Ortega can't act btw.

>yfw you dont feel anything

delete this

women can't cum internally from their vaginas anyway

actually, the black buddy was pretty good, him and Poe carried the show, the protagonist was shit acting and had 0 charisma, Ortega was shit, the islamic guy was shit...

rate show /10

I thought the black guy and his family shit was actually pretty good. I didn't like the daughter at all, the mom was...hilarious if degenerate, but the dad was a thru and thru good guy and made a great sideman to Tak.

When I first started watching it I was confused how cigarettes looked the exact same, then realized people wouldn't care about changing them to something like what is in 5th element because who cares about cancer when you can just resleeve? If you're poor, who cares about you at all?
It was good passive worldbuilding.

>she feels you feeling nothing
>she feels you only get feeling when putting it in her ass

Did they actually arrest him though? They only said they were arresting Miriam.

Dunno man, absolutely recommend it though, if you're into sci-fi and want comfy but ultimately not too demanding story.

What if Tak had gone full retard and just didn't notice that Rei was in Ortega? Would she have fucked him?

>the ITS JASON BOURNE guy was pretty good
lol he was a terrible sidekick

he was a butler and then a fake general for like 2 mins the rest of the time hes crying in the hotel over his dotter, he barely had any decent screentime where he wasn't tagalong

It was implied

>tfw thought this was the endgame and it would have been a big talking point about if it's wrong since the whole sleeve tech future thing

He still killed her. He still sabotaged the bill to cover it up. He killed himself to cover it up

One of those situations where if you just came clean you'd probably have been okay.

All the best stuff in this show is from the actual books

I want to read them to find out if I would still hate the Quell chick. She's absolutely insufferable, and whoever wrote her dialogue was high as shit.

see, the problem is you thought he was jason bourne and not just a sidekick character. You're autism and general failing of critical thinking skills isn't a poor reflection on our taste.

>Get to the next screen!
This videogame inspired insane shit was so stupid and the world they presented was so far removed from gaming culture that it made no fucking sense.

this sentence makes no sense

They changed her and her people anyway. They weren't even extremists in the book that wanted to end immortality. They were just fighting against an oppressive galactic government.

My dude... he's IN a Jason Bourne flick. No one thinks he's Jason Bourne.

Yeah whoever wrote her character was obviously trying to insert their personal agenda. Her dialogue isn't something anyone would ever say.

Here's the thing though, he is also in Altered Carbon, and isn't playing the same character. So I naturally evaluated him based on his character in the show I was watching, and didn't conflate my views on Bourne with what I was watching that wasn't Bourne.

Continue being autistic though, I'm sure it helps you in life.

you're completely incoherent

No confusion here m8.
She’s 10/10.

>I can fight 6 armed men at once with my eyes closed
>I'm the leader of this movement btw
>Oh I also created the most revolutionary technology of all time a few years back
She's such a silly character

>this is the formal attire of a general in 2384

I don't care about his character in Jason Bourne because I didn't see that movie. I was just explaining one reason your post made no sense.

>this is the formal attire of a decorated general in 2384

it's in the pic faggot, Netflix is the name

>Blade Runner
kinda no it takes a lot from Gibson´s Neuromancer and Battle Angel Alita.

the envoys are basically the martian revolutionaries.

to be fair, other characters got shit dialogue as well
give the books a go, if you enjoy the series a little I guarantee that you'll like the books, much less stupid shit happens there anyway
I'm talking about getting out of a virtual construct without outside help juse because some stupid mary sue shit

But he didn't. He stopped his own heart and the technician pulled that thing off him temporarily to resuscitate him. He then restarted his own heart somehow.

was it a jojo reference?
still, doesn't make much sense to me, even though technology might provide a way to stop your heart, people at the clinic should've known that he's just bullshitting for a few seconds

This.

Transmuted Cabron

I don't think they knew envoys could do that

They knew he was faking it after he woke up a few seconds later and Dimi said they should put him under again, but that's when he started lying about how he's CTAC and they're all fucked and those technicians actually believed him.
That basically happened in the book too. Only there they wanted to bring him to Rei to check whether he was telling the truth and didn't release him immediately like full retards.

I know how it happened in the book, my man, that's why I didn't like this unnecessary change.

Ya, I was going to say just that too. Even though he's arguably a victim, his later actions justify some type of arrest.

Stop being such a faggot, onii-chan.

Seriously Takeshi should have just accepted it and joined her, it's not like he was a saint in his previous lives for fuck's sake

But that would've made the show interesting and we can't have that.

I liked most of this show. I was even OK with Tumblr Lizzie, as stupid and ham-fisted as that was. But Quell and the whole rebellion subplot came really close to killing the enjoyment for me.

Eh honestly the first few eps were good around ep 6-7 there is a drop in quality but they seem to pick it up a bit again at ep 8.

Read for book

>Netflix
>Is it worth watching

You already know the goddamn answer, faggot

LMAO

I knew I recognized this woman from somewhere

nah. it's hot garbage, couldnt make it past the first episode. all of the one liners and cliches felt like it was made with focus groups in mind and it makes west world look like a 10/10 masterpiece.

This, but unironically.

>no boobs
>boyish hips
>2/10 kyrgyz mug
It's incredible how she manages to be extremely unattractive both as a cunny and boipucci.

Episodes 1-3: Boring
Episodes 4-7: Good
Episodes 7-10: Disappointing

Dem nips doe

She's from Nepal IIRC