Would a Buffy remake be good under the current political and culture climate?

Would a Buffy remake be good under the current political and culture climate?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/joss-whedon-admits-diversity-was-lacking-on-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-on-shows-20th-anniversary-35521856.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qQekqWha7fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

If the original was released today Cred Forumscucks would complain about muh male oppression and le strong woman boogieman.

I'm sure they will eventually remake it, but it will never be as good. First off, they will never again let a pretty girl have the role. Second, the culture that the original movie was mocking, no longer exists and current audiences have sense of humor or irony

No.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is trash. The movie is horrible and the television series is undescribably bad.

no because buffy has always been a female character and feminism is about breaking new boundries. Not much else to do with Michelle Geller anyway. The jews already made her fuck a nigger in curel intentions so they already perverted her.

If the original got released today /reddit/soys would complain about muh non-LGBT lead and le have to make Buffy white boogieman.

Hi, I'm Angel.

hi Angel im Buffy

If it was released today it would star a black lesbian in the ghetto fighting exclusively white vampires (both corporate and literal) with the help of the "watchers" council which is also entirely black and uses african witchcraft to send messages via lightning.

don't forget willow wouldn't only be a lesbian but a trap lesbian with a fucking deep voice

Angel(except s4) >>>> Buffy

I tried to rewatch both of them together and ended up dropping Buffy and just watching Angel. Super comfy show.

buffy is constant with the shitty jokes, angel is more timeless.

don't mind me just posting the only good character in the show

Not with Whedon. If it's on CW just give it to Julie Plec

I agree, the jokes in Buffy seem really forced compared to in Angel where the characters seem a lot more human and the jokes flow naturally from their personalities interacting and from the world building. Buffy also has a lot more shitty melodrama episodes than Angel does, and a lot more unlikable characters. All the main cast of Angel are good, about half of the main cast of Buffy are annoying.

>Xander
90s sitcom tier trash
>Willow
boring
>Faith
edgy cunt
>Angel
boring (would later become great in his own show though)
>Seth Green
ok
>Buffy
fine for what she is
>Cordelia
not bad as the mean Stacy who turns good
>Giles
decent as the wise mentor archetype
>Spike
god tier

That's the first level of enlightenment. Most patrician people eventually realize Angel > Buffy However, they are both part of the same thing.
Next level of enlightenment is realizing Angel S4 is not really that shitty and people only hate it because of Connor.

Connor is an instrumental part of the season though, you cant just rate it without him

It would be hilarious how both sides would hate it. Cred Forums would hate it for strong wimmins and any hint of diversity, while soyboys would hate it for showing those same women with some form of flaws and weaknesses, and just hating Xander/Angel/Spike in general. Also all the episode metaphors would be bound to trigger someone somewhere.

>Angel
>boring
He was great when he became Angelus though.

No Buffy remake. Focus instead on a future slayer. It respects the original while working as a soft reboot/sequel.

Angel 4 is great

Spike is the best character, but not the only good one

>Spike
>god tier
agreed

>Angel > Buffy However, they are both part of the same thing
the patrician state of mind

>just hating Xander/Angel/Spike
Xander was awful though. He was like some boring sitcom stereotype straight out of Friends.
Spike was great though and Angel had his moments.

No fun allowed these days, get with the programme.

But you can. Think why does people hate Connor? Because he was fucking Cordy and that was way out of place, and he was an edgy teen.
So what is left to love about S4?
>Tortured Wesley
>Faith
>Angelus
>The Beast
Tortured Wesley alone is already one of the best things on the entire show according to some people.

don't forget
>Gwen Raiden
>the Ra-Tet
>Wolfram & Hart getting caught with their pants down

Angel 4 changed me from a Buffy-completionist-casual-viewer to an actual fan of the show

ay wassup I'm Spike

what a comfy thread

also if there are SPN anons here, you are welcome to join us in

>Would a Buffy remake be good under the current political and culture climate?

It would all be blacks, muslims and trannys. Even Joss said flat out if he made it again he would have completely changed the cast to make it much more 'diverse'.

>independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/joss-whedon-admits-diversity-was-lacking-on-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-on-shows-20th-anniversary-35521856.html

>Buffy The Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon has admitted he feels he did not do enough to represent diversity on the show.

>Speaking on the cult teen series' 20th anniversary, he said he "missed some of the point" when it came to hiring cast and crew of mixed genders and ethnic backgrounds.

>He told The Hollywood Reporter: "I was definitely unaware of how things affected people, how representation was lacking.

>"I didn't help out. I didn't make a point of hiring female directors, I didn't make a point of hiring people of colour

Can people educate me why Buffy is highly regarded by so many people? I tried to watch a few episodes but from what I can tell it's just typical teen angst with a monster setting to keep the boyfriends from complaining. Just like black sails.

>shitting on your own creation to get some good goy points
These people have no self respect.

>just typical teen angst with a monster setting to keep the boyfriends from complaining
the monsters are metaphors about shit you have to tackle growing up. a chick can punch and fight. the early episodes are very shaky but they have heavier arcs later on and many characters develop pretty well. lots of shows these days would not be where they are if it weren't for Buffy/Angel

>undescribably

he's a nutty guy, i don't even think he realizes firefly was a libertarian themed show

>Making behind the scenes politics the main focus on the show
That worked so well for star trek, black lightning, stargate, the arrowverse, star wars etc. etc.

>I didn't make a point of hiring female directors, I didn't make a point of hiring people of colour
I always found this kind of thinking to be even more racist/sexist than flat-out hatred. If women/non-whites really are equally as good then you don't have to give them a job out of pity. It's almost as if he thinks they're children or pets.

Why don't we ever see you people at Amy threads? They were conceived to work as a Buffy/Angel general as well, and show talk is highly regarded. Not even Cred Forums ventures there, it's just endless comfy. Not to mention some of us watch Supernatural too.

I have been posting on those threads but recently, not only was I busy at work, I also found that the most recent threads included shows I had zero knowledge about and didn't want to feel out of place nor did I want to keep steering the thread into the few shows I know. And I read some posts that SPN isn't as welcome as the other shows listed in the OP or something like that so I just passed

Eh... I don't mind personally. Sometimes I miss talking more about Buffy, since Angel is more fresh, could use the memory talk to refresh Buffy too. If by other shows you mean PoI, yeah I guess... But jumping topics is also something we do there... (You)s for everyone who wants to talk. As for SPN... It's not my absolute favorite, but I do watch it, and it's one of the comfiest things I've ever seen. Even more than Buffy/Angel. Still want Andrea back though

I've watched both series countless times and still prefer Buffy, sorry.

I said "most"
Other than that, to each, their own.

Dunno about that. I've posted on buffy forums and discussed these shows online for a few years. Cred Forums is the only place where it seems like more people prefer Angel to Buffy.

>Buffy and Angel have 12 seasons' worth of combined material

>TDVverse shit has 13 and might get more

WHAT THE FUCK

>most

No, just you.

>that lip gloss

would you let Buffy paint your dick with her lip gloss?

Their reasons are their own, Cred Forumss reasons are their own

triggered already? trying to pick up a fight?
sorry m8, not in the mood
I don't care if you like Buffy more, that's your deal.
(You)

>when angelfags and buffyfags start shitflinging instead of just enjoying the thread like two sides of the SAME COIN

what did buffy mean by this?

This and so fucking this.
I never get tired of saying it. I consider BOTH to be part of the same thing. Just because one enjoys one more than the other shouldn't create a divide. It's a personal thing ffs. Its like people who like the same movie fighting cause one likes the beginning more than the end

who's your fave villain across the two shows, Cred Forums?

No one ever says they enjoyed x more. They say X or more popular than Y, which is a right/wrong thing.

Post champagne gif plz

>Trap Lesbian?
You mean a hetero man?

The CW is putting out what will essentially be Buffy 2.0 as their Supernatural spinoff.

>Strong blonde monster hunter, group leader
>Psychic friend who will probably end up magical as well to help
>Normal sister
>Older mentor monster hunters

The backdoor pilot (Supernatural S13e11) was pretty good. Monsters looked stupid but the dynamic of the group was pretty great.

I want SMG to cameo on Supernatural and I love SPN and the Buffyverse but I don't want them competing with each other

that's hot

fugg...
This started on a comment that says "most" people like X over Y. That is the way it happens on Cred Forums. Personally I like X over Y
I'm sorry if this triggers some butthurt faggot but are we really at a point where you have to worry about being politically correct about such meaningless shit, on this place? 4-fucking-chan, really?
I meant nothing else by it. You can like whatever the hell you like and I'm not gonna fight you. I don't think it's wrong to like Y over X, it's just personal. I can't imagine X without Y but I do like one more than the other, and again, it's personal. Under your same logic, am I "wrong"? Because if you think so, you're not being consequent. To each, their goddamn own, that's my point.
Now, I tire of talking about this, and I don't really care.

>Lilah
>Villain

Nice try.

Sorry, I'm responsible for that. Mainly because I just got kind of sick of talking about Angel and Buffy, so when it ends up branching off its usually because of me.
We've had hundreds of Buffy and Angel threads, I just dont got anything left to say about either show.

I dont see why Supernatural wouldn't be welcome, I loved the hell out of the first 5 seasons, but I stopped watching after that so I cant really keep up with any discussion about the later seasons

There were quite a few blowjob innuendos in that show, if I remember right.

>that colour on the blu-ray/digital release

SO triggering. How do you fuck something like that up so badly.

waitttt

SPN already did a backdoor pilot years ago and it was proper garbo. I don't expect this will stand on its own any better.

Now, if you wanna talk upcoming shows with Buffy potential, you gotta mention Sabrina.

it was just to start a discussion, user

quite a lot, you mean

Buffy wasn't shot/filmed for hi def

Bloodlines was shit through and through. This one was decent at had an intriguing potential big bad

No, Buffy would stay white so they could push for racemixing.

Amybro is that you?
Well... provided there's interest, I don't have problems talking about some of the classics topics like:

Does W&H count?
I mean the entire organization, considering the Senior Partners as extradimensional horrors, puppeteering the whole thing, the perfect corporate world analogies, "evil wears a suit now" etc...

Post full webm

The initial Bloodlines episode was very poorly received and the series was set to have no established SPN characters to help it launch.

Wayward Sisters is already in production and the backdoor pilot was very well-received. It has multiple Supernatural mainstays including a fan favorite in Jody set for the main cast. The crossover potential is insane. I think it will work out pretty well.

I did read that Netflix is trying to go "dark" with their Sabrina reboot, so there could be some potential there. Honestly not sure what to expect, I've only ever thought of Sabrina as comedic.

This show was so stereotypically 90s/early 2000s in the way they were just edgy enough to have sexual innuendo but the characters show guilt and shame in it. If the show came out today that last tiny bit of innocence would be gone completely and they would proudly celebrate their degeneracy instead.

>Does W&H count?
yes but it seems unfair to lump them all together, some execs were better and more memorable than others

gladly

Hi

And meh, I'm pretty sure thats something thats already been talked about a ton of times in these threads already. Like I said I just got nothin left in me. I hope you guys have a very nice and comfy Buffy thread though

how did he not impregnate her here?

Buffy wasn't shot/filmed for hi def

the fuck are you talking about? It was shot on FILM, that means it can do to whatever buttfuck resolution you want.

Using a 16:9 frame where it wasn't intended and transferring it to digital without keeping the original picture quality (which is fine) was completely an artistic choice that looks fucking horrible and makes dark scenes look like the middle of the day.

Even if we put aside the awful re-done CGI, it's fucking awful.

Well I was going for the SP as "the Wolf, Ram and Hart" as technically, they're the final boss, and ther are similar to Old Ones
But for executives, I think I like Lindsay the most
It's not an easy question for me though, since I like many villains for different reasons

Just look at what they're doing with the Charmed reboot, making the main characters all mixed-race with one being a lesbo.

Now imagine what they would do with Buffy

Angelus (mostly in s2 torturing buffy, but angel s04 was also great and even more satisfying if possible)

The Beast. He often gets overlooked, but his absolute dominance over everyone, from the angel gang to W&H and the rain of fire creates an atmosphere of doom that is unique to S4. It feels like the darkest, most dangerous arc in the whole show and it unites the gang in order to fight him.

SMG wasn't that pretty
she had a good body and a decent face, nothing extraordinary

reminder that Buffy already had the first on-screen lesbian kiss and eventually showed that the Watchers and the Slayers originally came from Africa

in her day she was stunning.
>she had a good body and a decent face,
right so what's left to object to? you don't like her thumb?

I should have made myself clearer sorry. I meant they deliberately made scenes dark to hide the lack of budget in many scenes so when they edit it ro hi def the color balance gets all shit like what you said. Sorry man im watching the show right now and posting in the SPN thread so im mostly posting in rapid fashion with half my brain on

Awful

The Beast is one of my all time favorite characters in this universe

best girl

they can change anything but Buffy must be white at all costs or white liberal girls and women won't be able to identify with it beyond "that progressive black show" instead of "omg i looove buffy!"

>The Beast is one of my all time favorite characters in this universe
Same. Partially just because he was played by Vladimir Kulich. That guy is cool in everything. pic related

Another character who had their best arc in Angel, and she was only there for a few episodes. It's actually insane how well they handled the crossover characters in angel, all of them turned out even better than buffy.

This too
The Beast deserves more love. Doesn't deserve to be caught along the general hate S4 gets for just one angsty teen

he mentions representation there, the idea with that is basically that without someone who looks and sounds similar to you to look up to, you'll be sort of lost growing up, but if you have a role model you can closely emulate who's a good person then you'll turn out fine
I can see where they're coming from but like so many things it's majorly over-simplified

Faith should have gotten more episodes in Angel and should also have gotten the spin off she deserved

>”feminist” director abused his wife and continously cheated on her with people from the show
Outspoken male feminists are generally huge creeps.

After watching Face-Off I wonder why shiws and movies like Buffy has such shit monsters. The judge on the show was even the make up artist for Buffy. I know some of the stuff they make can't move well but these literal who's are making shit on a super tight deadline essentially by themselves or with the help of on or two people.

wow, do you mean that they're actually making something similar to something else old but they didn't called it the same or "x reboot" or "x 2"?
impressive

I agree on the extra episodes, but she had to go to jail so idk. Plus the supporting cast of Angel was great regardless so it doesn't matter that much.

Spinoff then

He was the beast? I never realised, he is one tall motherfucker

Yeah, they learned their lesson when Supernatural: Bloodlines died before it even got produced.

This one will be called Wayward Sisters, and I think the CW expects it will be successful since they're just expanded their programming with Sundays.

I want to ejaculate inside her while she tells me it's wrong

I'm rewatching angel and just finishing up s4, its great but it is very idk dour, s3 was pretty dark but ended with a fun trip to fantasy land, s4 will end with maximum angst, also evil cordy is just kinda off putting, still good tho, shit like zombie w&h, the memory spell, Angelus etc are all great

That's hot user

Every thing she does would be scrutinized under the 'feeemale character' lens, and the first time she's not perfect would mean that the writers hate all women and think they're incompetent.

Angel 2 had Pylea, not Angel 3

Face-off? Huh?

>s3 was pretty dark but ended with a fun trip to fantasy land
That was season 2, where they visited Lorne's homeland and found Fred. Season 3's ending was angel being thrown into the ocean by connor. Understandable that you wouldn't remember since the finale was really just a bridge to season 4.

Anyway, like you said season 4 had amazing arcs, all except Connor (s4 had the most connor in the series unfortunately) and Cordelia's character destruction by the plot. It was one of the worst ways to handle a main cast member that had been there from the beginning.

Damn already getting muddled, yea fair enough, still found s3 a bit more upbeat, but yea I guess 3 did end on a pretty dark note too

I think more then anything its evil Cordy that makes s4 less fun then the proceeding seasons, can't belive in mixed up s2 and s3 finale, guess I'm binge watching a little fast, s3 and 4 have kinda blurred together

I know, I'm gonna have to jerk off over her now.

Ok, I was alive in the 90s as well. What's your point?

I forgot about this scene. I hope webm user comes back and does this

Pretty sure he made a webm of this scene, it's just that probably noone saved it.

Angel's arc does not fit the structure of its seasons so it's easy to get lost. I even tried giving a review on big bads of angel and buffy a few weeks ago and got lost with the likes of Vocah, Shajahan etc

Episodes like "Pangs" from season 4 could not be made today. It would be considered mega politically incorrect.

Angel too had episodes like that. "Sense and sensibility" could not be made today. And there are several others. The media, opinion makers, academia would be all over them.

The time for having a bit of fun with things and having a kind of balanced attitude is over. This is a new, glorious, marxist age. We're all victims.

Connor's arc was messy, but the pay off in the season 4 finale was very satisfying (to me anyway). Made me feel for the character and Angel's struggle and love for the kid.

>tfw

More like complain why Angel is black

His return in S5 also made up for it. He was genuinely likable

Sad

The only Buffy

Angel's actually a great selfless guy. What he did for Connor was absolutely selfless. The dude suffered arguably the most, complained the least, and he didn't even have a soul when he committed 99,9% of evil deeds. Walked away from temptation @ end of Buffy season, destroyed the ring of Amara to stay focused on the mission, reverted back to vampiric form and gave up mortal life with Buffy in order to keep protecting her and humanity, while bearing the burden of being the only one who knew he and Buffy shared a time of humanity together. The list goes on.

He was a good friend.

>Buffy will never spit in your mouth
Why even get up in the morning?

To delusional shitters, maybe

Even when our society wasn't absolute shit remakes weren't a good idea.

I appreciate his dedication, even if he'll never convince anyone

>t.CW trash groupie

Can't even do milf right

>muh jews
>degeneracy
>cuckold angst
Polio, please go!

>muh diversity
It would just be cookie-cutter characters without character.

It's fun! :3

So if I buy it on DVD, it won't be fucked up?

I'm surprised you don't have a trip.

Buffy was never in the CW, you ignorant fuck. What even is your fucking point you faggot retard?

He just really likes Swanson, their is no point

>SHITSHOW DIDNT COME ON VOMIT! IT CAME ON FECES!

I have dvd boxsets of both shows and no its not fucked up its perfect, just get the dvds

The swansonfag is losing it kek

>LIKE ME SHITTY CW SHOW !

i hate it when father time destroys my waifus

I guess his sperg out was inevitable, I just wish he was a bit more coherent about the whole thing.

Breaking apart at the seams wew

is Beer Bad the most underrated episode of Buffy?

Why do Jewish women get more Jewish looking as they age? In Buffy she could almost have passed for a white woman.

Because things like nose and ears keep growing as you get older. Jews are already known for having large noses, so they just get even more exaggerated when they're old.
It's not that jewish women age like shit, it's just that their jewish features become more prominent and they arent really attractive features to begin with

it's one of my favorites but it seems to be universally hated

Beer Bad is great, idk what you guys mean by either underrated or hated, no-one hates beer bad

>Polio, please go!

Fun fact: In Will Smith's movie career, he's had more White love interests than black ones.

Vivica A Fox scares me away from the nigress too

Didn't he buttfuck like 3 white dudes including Anthony Michael Hall in his gay movie

Gay movie?

It was one of his first movies.
He played a gay prostitute/scam artist.
I think he was oscar nominated for it.

alright fuck it, taking Buffy HD webm requests.

early seasons SMG was so fucking cute

it's basically a better produced, better written season 1 episode.

still one of my favorite gags of the whole series

Webm user? Is it actually you? Can you do this one?

ah six degrees of separation, its not bad

Wait nvm im an idiot. Thanks!!

what are the better writers of the show doing now?

I like fights...
How about that Turok Han one?
Maybe the god-mode Buffy vs Adam

fights in HD are embarrassing, since you see the stunt doubles really clearly.

those legs are literal heaven

I thought she was cute throughout the show, only in different ways. except for late season 7 where she seemed like a skeleton.

Well to be fair it was pretty obvious in S4 regardless due to SMG being thinner than usual. But can you do the factory fight in S2 Passion? Thanks

So Buffy can't really fight?
Damn that breaks the dream...
I'm trying to remember some eps I liked, and I keep coming back to S4
Spike finding himself on an Initiative cell
Some creepy-funny scenes with the Gentlemen (smiling, passing by, cheering and clapping..)
Cheese Guy showing his cheese for no reason

SMG can fight, but her stunt double was much better, also pink ranger iirc

Cheese guy was foreshadowing

what did he mean by this?

Did you guys know... that Ben is Glory?

He meant he wears the cheese, it does not wear him

It would be fun if they did the following:
>hyper-sexualizing Buffy even more (like, vampires trying and almost managing to rape her during several episodes)
>Buffy swooning over a guy BUT still being the badass she is because that's what Buffy is supposed to be
In fact, they should just turn Buffy into something like cutie honey.

Honestly Buffy already fell to the feminist sjw writing in season 7. before that the feminism was there but it was subtle, but season 7 was all in your face about it.

thanks for keeping my filenames intact, random webm saving user.

They should try the opposite then. Full sex scenes, but buffy gets shy and blushes at cute intimate stuff like holding hands because, even though sex is widely spread in this age, this didn't improved how people understand each other not even one bit.

shoehorning in dyke willow is the moment it went to shit.

I wouldn't say that, but in season 7 they lamented hard the fact that she's flat out lesbian, who wouldn't even go for a man at all unless she turned him into a girl first ("Him", 7x06)

Tony Head was the best part of the series for me, and half the time he was the only one who wasnt a complete idiot. He's really underrated as far as making Buffy works goes.

Plus, the man got me genuinely emotional in Repo. He might be the GOAT father figure.

It would be like the planned Charmed reboot, all about the agenda and nothing about actual characters or story.

This. for me the show ends when he leaves in Tabula Rasa. With him gone the show was really just a bunch of idiot 20 year olds being idiots.

Joss said he put cheese guy there as a literal nonsensical part of the dream to see what the people will come up with their theories

I don't agree about it going to shit, but the dyke willow is a shame because Oz & Willow's relationship was pretty good. Also Oz was a decent character that should have stayed with the cast.

He represents wholesomeness e.g. dairy, in awkward situations, I thought that was obvious

Nah man fake news

Seth Green wanted out

i wish they would've have made Glory's human half Xander like they originally planned

Ben is quite clearly Sam Winchester

I've never heard that, but coupled with introducing dawn that season I think it might have been a bit much

This made me diamonds. Is the rest of the series worth watching in HD or is it better to stick with SD?

if you already seen it, go with HD for the extra crispy fap materiel.

SD is the way to go for the first two seasons, the HD version looks like garbage

After that it doesn't matter

Another cringe thing that hack Whedon curses us with.

God look at the awful ghosting and interlacing.

Gwen is underrated

Wait are you trying to say there's some connection between Ben and Glory?

underused but not underrated.

they wanted to make her a regular in season 5 but she decided to do Chronicles of Riddick instead

She should have had an ep in s5,maybe W&H tasks Angel and co with retrieving the chip or something

>they wanted to make her a regular in season 5
aww sit really? man would have loved to see more of her

>came to Sunnydale and lost her powers because Xander was a lousy cheater
>kek, i'm attracted to you now because reasons.

you just know she was one of those who slept with Joss for the job.

nah, season four is a mess due a number of issues behind the scenes. has some great moments, some solid episodes and character developments, but overall it's the weakest season.

But what could it be?

She should have been stealing something from W&H

Angel 1 is the weakest

i see, so you haven't reached it yet.

Xander is a demon magnet, it's a running joke

agreed

is it time yet?

Ben IS Glory, Glory IS Ben

pretty important in terms of genre tv and the medium as a whole. i'll admit that some of it doesn't hold up (the first season is mostly mediocre at best) but like says, it's pretty influential.

i can understand how it might underwhelm someone coming to it these days, similar to how many people don't much care for Seinfeld or Homicide Life on the Street. i think Angel is probably much easier for a modern viewer to get on board with tbqhwy.

>inb4 le everyone stoned meymey

this shit was never funny.

Angel 1 is pretty good though, it had Doyle and his sacrifice, cordy accepting the visions, introduction of Wes and most importantly the faith arc. Definitely not the worst, it went quite well and paved the way for the rest of the show.

I honestly can't think of a bad angel season.

Yes it is

pls no

SHUT
UP

Cordelia is best girl with the best lines and best plotlines.

i actually really like season one. has more of a noir feel that the series later outgrew.

okay, but do we think there could be some kind of connection between glory and ben?

he was so good on Angel but everything else I've seen him in his acting was terribly bland, i dunno what it is.

what plotlines?

dont do it user

I think we're hypothesizing that their is some kinda connection between Ben and Glory

>Cordelia is best girl
this is objectively wrong.

Well up to s4 I'd agree

I thought he was pretty good in Much Ado About Nothing.

i saw that and i disagree.

Nerd Lilah best Lilah

Lilah was pretty based, not gonna lie. One of the better characters in the show. And her relationship to Wesley was a great opportunity to expand her character. I wish she'd stayed longer, but I guess like she said she had to get out of the way so Wes could get Fred.

Da nigga with the face of a whitey

I want a Dawn gf

I want a Fred gf

Speaking of, anyone have the webm of her dancing at the bronze?

me too user, me too

Dont fight, user. To each, their own
Though Fred/Illyria is undeniable best Buffyverse grill

More because they slashed the budget for S5 is my guess.

she has sexy teeth

You kidding? They included Eve but they couldn't have Lilah instead of her? So much potential in her being the liaison and working with team angel...

Actually the whole of S5 infuriates me. It's the perfect season and they could have done so much more with the characters if they weren't forced to end it there. Illyria, Spike & Angel etc.

thanks

that ass waving is a thing of beauty

lilah acting as ghost liaison would've been great, but she would've had to be paid more then Eve, she had tenure

Romanov was on the show for 4 seasons at that point. It's a bigger contract than a newb.

Jesus... I was not posting Amy for a while, then you tempt me...
And you're absolutely right, I can't get over how cute is her smile

giv texas qt gf

>would a female led strong woman show be good under the current climate

Obviously. Especially if retards eat up campy dumb shit like Bright

No.

#VampireLivesMatter

I...
can't ;_;
I wish I could giv texas gf to myself ;_;

Why are 99% of vampires male? Isn't siring a really sexual thing?

Does this mean most vampires are fags?

this. they would constantly complain about willow being a jewish lesbian etc

>ywn see Illyria fight like this again
This is the only reason why I would ever want a reboot.
But the odds are stacked against all that could be good about it.

oh heavens no, let's leave the buffyverse untainted. I will only agree with a "reboot" if its with a different slayer/team. chances are you'll cry about Illyria being played by a different actress anyway

Yes.

Thats just not true, their are heaps of female vamps in both shows

no there aren't

Angel is better about it, but male vampires still outnumber the girls 5 to 1

I am glad Doyle died desu. When he died and Wesley came is when the show started to get a little bit better.

I give you the star of Illyria: The Series

>chances are you'll cry about Illyria being played by a different actress anyway
Obviously.
I was merely addressing the OP idea.
There are many, many reasons why a reboot should be avoided at all costs. My personal ones being about my Illyriafu. But on top of that there is the political shitstorm, the SJW crusade and the Cred Forums endless bitching. It just shouldn't happen No matter how much I wish to see Amy as Illyria again

What is supposed to be wrong? What is the context? Are these characters lovers?

i love this

5 to 1 isn't 99% not even close, t.b.h the reason their are so many male ones is their are a lot more male martial artists/stunt men

go away

Fugg man...
I love The Gifted, and I also like Emma. I appreciate all the probing bonding they have. And of all the possible actress choices to have a new actress as Illyria, this is one of the non-shitty ones... but that wouldn't stop me from reeeeing. There is only one Illyria

No

>5 to 1 isn't 99% not even close
I never said it was, retard. Buffy and Angel aren't the same show, and my original post was about Buffy

please

Doyle was all right but Wesley simply had more potential to grow, I agree. And boy did they exploit it. Couldn't think of a better replacement. The death of Doyle itself was an important part of the show, it served to set a precedent for Angel's "soldiers" dying on the battlefield, to remind him of why his mission is important and how great a responsibility he has.

dam she looks good there for being 40

>i never said it was
yes you did >94838727
its still not close to 99% even if you only count buffy, and my point about stuntmen still counts

Nope.

amy acker i mean not emma dumont

ok

Mother of God

Exactly. Why do you think we still want the exact same Amy as Illyria?

>wanting this shit to come back

Leave it alone, Christ.
Everything does not need to be redone and rebooted

Lo there do I see my father

Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers...

>yes you did
No, I fucking didn't. I said it's more like 5 to 1 on Angel, on Buffy it's more like 100 to 1. Is that close to 99%? Yes I think so

Moving on, your point about there being more male stuntmen is a good one. Even so I think they could have done a better job showing more lady vamps. And whenever there was a girl vampire, she always had a speaking role while the dudes are just cannon fodder.

Lo, there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.. Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning

Fuck I love 13th warrior

i can see it, even if she does look little older the make up could conceal it anyway
not that they should remake either show anyway though

>is that close to 99%?
No and your ratio is still waaaay off
>dudes are just fodder
Again they're stunt men not actors, best they speak as little as possible

buffy
>darla
>dru
>harmony
>gorch's wife
>sunday
>sunday's minion
>whole brothel full of female vamps
>sandy
>old lady in S7
>old lady in S7 #2
>spike's minion at the bronze in S7

Just off the top of my head. There were way, way more female vamps on buffy than angel.

>slaying at any weight!
>no female vampires, only white males
>spike is a non gender specific person of color

seek help

besides there being more male stunt men like someone already mentioned, there's the omnipresent cliche in fiction that women are special while men are disposable. That's why whenever there is a female villain it's a big deal and there's byplay, while men are mostly mooks.

Not just Buffy, but most action shows are like this.

Spike is canonically a rapist though, so it makes sense for him to be PoC

youtube.com/watch?v=qQekqWha7fg
I dare you not to weep like a baby

I'm not the one that needs help. I just see the current climate. This is what the state of our fucking world is. Instead of identifying mental illness we coddle it and tell people its OK to believe that they are whatever "kin" they claim to be and that sex doesn't exist. That weighing 400 lbs or 20 lbs isn't detrimental to your health. That you must take extra care to NEVER offend anyone, this includes saying that you don't like someone or uttering a word that someone may find offensive. You MUST use trigger warnings if speaking about literally anything.

ok

a lot of these fuckers started with buffy too. i remember buffy circles being tumblr before there was tumblr with all the crazy essays about nothing

They were already bitching about there not being fat slayers in S7.

but thats bullshit, their was that fat chick that stood up to her abusive dad

that was the start of the fat-positivity movement

remember the "controversy" about the show Ally McBeal because the star was too skinny? lol

It doesn´t need a remake because the original still holds and in some ways it´s far better than lots of current shows. Granted some effects have not aged well but it has great characters with fantastic transformation arcs and writing was great. Lots of subtext well inserted too... without going overboard and making everything explicit... except beer bad. That... that doesn´t count.

That said, with the current political context they would have to be idiots to miss on the oportunity to do something with this IP.

I think they could get away with a sequel about a new Slayer provided they could get some of the original cast on supporting roles and cameos every once in a while.

They would have to invent something to justify taking away the slayer power from lots of women and going back to a single slayer though... and it would have to be good if they don´t want the femminist to eat them alive...

What is it about genre TV that draws in the psychos? I feel like there is no greater concentration of female autism in the world than a Supernatural convention.

I didn't say it made sense.

have they released it on blu ray yet? i heard there were problems with the HD tv release.

the first two seasons were not only shot on 16mm, but using the cheapest second-hand film stock available

A proper high-def transfer would be costly and time consuming, and even then they wouldn't look that great, The rest of the series is doable though

Same thing with Xena, early seasons shot on 16mm. Unlikely to see a HD version any time soon

Fox was never going to spend the money on it. They always shortchanged Buffy/Angel when it came to merchandise.

Now they they're Disney... Maybe. Someday. I would not count on it. Especially with Whedon getting so pissy about 16:9.

They'd do what they did back then and latch onto "muh pure Willow" before Josh made her a lesbo.

Eliza Dushku refused to do that stupid-ass ghost show.

I mean refused to do it and did the ghost show instead.

>Faith fighting for redemption while avoiding the law
>punished Wes ghost as her watcher
>various cameos
could've been GOAT

>Turned down a Faith show for Tru Calling

Would have been shit.

There likely would not even have been a S5 of Angel. The WB insisted on bringing Marsters and they wanted him for Faith. UPN probably would have insisted as well.

eh you never really know, maybe it would have helped angel get to 7 seasons, its all just speculation at this point

>Iwn get a new Illyria season ;_;
I't probably for the best though

No way. Whedon was already doing his too big for his britches shit and had a bad relationship with the WB.