Will any decade ever be better than the 90's?

Will any decade ever be better than the 90's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jj4QKxR0AyI
youtube.com/watch?v=F3MTFJz50qc
youtube.com/watch?v=LdLbRe09qas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

>there was a time when Pizza Hut was a respectable sit down restaurant

I want to go back

what are the 00s and 10s identities as distinct from each other and from the 90s?

brings a tear to my eye

from the 90s? 9/11, war on terror, etc. 00s was the last decade that social media and smartphones weren't totally ubiquitous

What's wrong with social media?

There are still a few Pizza Huts with buffets and such. It's a shame though.

I miss the late 80's/early 90's aesthetic

Who loves orange soda?

It has given every fucking asshole in the world platform to spout their shit. The only time social media has actually done something is when people are reporting shit going on in areas where there's limited access for journalists to report on what's happening.

Well, thereʻs always Cicis

No

I've only been there once and it was a decade ago. It reminded me of those 99 cent microwaveable pizzas

WEAK BAIT

Chinatown?

>dem cups
tfw you will never be in elementary school, playing the NARC arcade game waiting for your free personal pan pizza because you read 10 books for the BOOK IT! program.

i never said it was right or wrong, but there was a definite difference in the culture, both online and in society in general. people's identities were less based on their online presence.

maybe? all I know is it's New Orleans, Canal Street

Do kids even read books nowadays?

It still is, atleast here. Too bad they got rid of the buffet though. Used to have a fucking KFC buffet in this town too at one time.

Social media has taken away social interaction

People dont make and effort to meet up and do things anymore, they just text each other or talk on wats app

fuck, this is real isn't it

This is why we can't have nice things

the worthwhile ones do. usually just trash fiction tho

uhh user, you're poor

i know eh? so hot

It has done absolutely nothing good for society. It's been nothing but destructive.

muh dick

I'm willing to bet younger people who don't have social media accounts are more likely to be hermits, which is opposite of your point.

Life was a lot better before Twitter was invented

Damn, look at that depth of field

Thats because you have to have social media to be considered normal today, if you dont have Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Whats app, Twitter, Tumbler etc etc you must be a freak or something

Nice Joke. They were the mcburgers of pizza parlors.

Well, social-media as a whole.

So you're agreeing with me?

19yofag here. Did read a bunch of "trash fiction" like Stephen King as a kid but at least it was something.

No im saying thats the issue, people dont spend time together doing shit anymore

nah that would be Cici's

I honestly feel melancholy for the days of MySpace and Friendster. At least then it wasn’t consuming people’s lives to the degree we have today

>Red roof Pizza Hut restaurants are disappearing
>Mansard roof McDonald's are disappearing

I'm still in high school and don't relate at all to the meme spouting social media addicted classmates. I thought about killing myself and even the suicide prevention hotline is spouting memes

The only reason anyone buys their overpriced shit is the toys. Fuck you.

Having social media accounts probably isn't the root of the problem when kids who don't have them are even less social. It's just the internet in general.

Let's keep this Cred Forums related

The only good "reboot/continuation" from a 90s show.

>didn't get the joke

At least with MySpace there was a large degree of customizing, i.e. people could change their page to look/sound whatever.

I mean, I dislike people needing to be connected 24/7, but I will give MySpace that much. Which makes me wonder what people saw in Facebook that MySpace didn't have.

>be 30
>my teenage cousins keep spamming emojis in texts
>my fucking 50 + year old relatives spam emojis everywhere too

Fucking kill me

Speaking of old Pizza Hut places, I really like old fastfood place interiors. It's a nostalgia thing, of course.

No

My suicidal tendencies have been cured, only I now have cancer

People do things SPECIFICALLY for social media attention. See Reddit: people will write carefully worded responses for the most upvotes and replies. If high school teens dont get enough likes and comments on their selfies they will become depressed. Its all numbers game and its sad.

Twitter is some post 2010 trash

Facebook killed everything
Google and youtube too, but to a lesser extent back then

I was born in 1992 so i got a decent childhood, but i've always felt growing up in the 80;s must just have been kino

I remember my local Taco Bell was sort of like this but not really because it wasn't originally a Taco Bell, it was a James Coney Island with a way cool aesthetic.

That's the achille's heel of Myspace though.

Even on a broadband connection, your average Myspace page would take a good minute or two to load because of how much HTML bullshit there was with shitty Blingee GIFs and a flash music player full of shitty emo tracks. And don't get me started on the bullshit that was Top 8 friends or whatever and the drama that came with it.

Facebook back in 2006/07 was simple, less bullshit, "here's what's going on with my friend's lives" updates.

Facebook looked clean and it was novel at the time, MySpace customizing could get really unpleasantly messy.

I miss myspace too -- former emo kid here -- but that aspect of it can't be denied.

Mom does it with me and she's almost 70. I do it now too.

>go to Chick-fil-A drive thru for breakfast
>lady in a minivan ahead of me
>takes 5 fucking minutes to order
>keeps asking about menu items
>bitch you either get a chicken sandwich or a chicken sandwich

I think all the new menus with pictures everywhere confuses people

So this is why co-workers try to explain to me what memes are as if my life hasn't already been ruined by them

literally any other, 90s a shit

I miss the 90s.

Things just seemed calmer and far more chill back then.

>everyone uses emojis other than you

Have you considered that maybe you're the weird one?

Also, when will Hiro enable emojis here? He already bends over for mobile users

Those who don't have social media were staying inside either way. Nothing changed for them,yes.
What changed is that the others,those who are supposed to be social, now they aren't going outside either. Social media gives them a means to be shut

Yeah, I do remember being pissed off when someone's page would take FOREVER to load due to the HTML, but I still enjoyed it for the most part.

It at least had something interesting going on. FB, at the time, just seemed like a really watered-down MySpace and I couldn't understand why people were leaving.

I wish I could relive 98-00.

>watched Everything Sucks on Netflix just for the nostalgia

what the fuck is wrong with me?

never
90's: White at its peak before its downfall in 2000

No lesbians, trannies, blacks or rich white 30 year old Brooklyn transplants saying most of the planet needs to be genocided in the name of progress and justice.

Chick-Fil-A is a guilty pleasure, especially since I'm trying to be vegetarian but this happens every single time. It's even worse when you go to sit down.

How? And no fucking way those horses were able to pull that.

When will memes fucking die already?

Memes have gone too far.

>my school is still stuck in the Rick and Morty phase

Send help

What happened to the 90s type chick? No hips, in shape, big tits, big hair. It's like they all disappeared around '97 or so.

youtube.com/watch?v=jj4QKxR0AyI

Why don't gals wear their hair like this anymore senpai

The brap degeneracy took over (and it's glorious)

High-waist bikinis were the GOAT.

You can't have meme without controversial shits. Otherwise, it would be a "forced meme", which could be stale, unfunny, cringe-worthy and forgettable. That's why lefts can't into meme.

why do colleges seem to misuse pop cultural references even more than high schools?

college quality -- and student body quality -- has been dropping fast in the past few decades

all kinds of kids still have to go through the public school system

Nothing. Nothing at all.

That guy bought some reeboks. I remember they were pretty cool back in the day.

>ywn go back to 1996, on summer break watching stick stickly and ALtv

>summer break

Fuck, you reminded me how we had 3 fucking responsibility free months each year. Meanwhile, I haven't had a vacation in 3 years

Just go on unemployment and have the time of your life.

That would be fantastic if emojis were allowed with a universal rule across the boards that anyone using them would be banned for a week without exception.

>NARC
You just made me 8 years old again, playing that shit and Rygar at the smoke filled bowling alley. Thank you.

Enabling emojis here would either finally purge a majority of the cancer here via sheer annoyance or it would metastasis and make Cred Forums even worse than the sorry state it's in now

the 30s

what would life be like if they won

I don't want to think about that too much, but it would be much better than what we're going through now.

Who loves grape soda?

You can live in Mars or even Kepler-186f if you like.

i would have a permanent job with my stem phd and poos and gooks would not

If I didn't make my living off of it I'd leave it for forever. It's mind control.

2000-2009 > 1990-1999 > 2010-2018

more like 30s > 40s > 50s > 80s >70s > 60s > 90s > 00s >10s

Both 90s and 00s had good points. 90s were more chill but the subdued neo-noir of the 00s was also very cool. Also emo boys were the best kind of boys ever.

10s just has low quality in everything.

t. Bush Obama fan

Q predicted this low energy post

What was the kino year to be born? I think 1970 because you would have been 10 when the 80's began and 20 when it ended and then in your 20's during the 90's

Pretty much prefect

70s fucking sucked, whats wrong with you

It's one of two routes depending on your preference:
Born in 1940
or
Born in 1970

For what reason did they suck if you didn't have to go to nam.

YOU'RE BUSTED

What is the earliest year in the 20th century you would want to be born in? I am thinking around 1975 that way I could properly enjoy both the 80s and 90s.

Dude that was the last time I ever ate pizza with a knife and fork. I could swear they had so much cheese than they do now.

This may sound blasphemous but I actually think 10s movies were up with 80s. You had the big fun cool blockbusters and then some pretty quality Oscarbait, arguably better than 1980s Oscarbait.

I can't find a stream for Snowboard Academy

80-85. Born in 87 -- yeah, I'm old.

>1975
>Enjoy the 80's
You'd be 5 when the 80's began and only 15 when they ended, you cant enjoy shit at 5

>This may sound blasphemous but I actually think 10s movies were up with 80s. You had the big fun cool blockbusters and then some pretty quality Oscarbait, arguably better than 1980s Oscarbait.

Hmm, I can agree with this actually. You've made a good point. Plenty (if not all) 80s movies sit with me in a wrong way.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3MTFJz50qc

I enjoyed the shit out of Jim Carrey kino and Nickelodeon when I was 5 back in 1994.

in what way did they suck less than all the ones i listed below it?

nothing at all happened everything and everyone looked like shit

I was thinking that by age 5, you are somewhat aware of shit and that I could enjoy being a kid/teenager in the whole 1980s.

I feel like you can remember shit from when you are like 4, but you don't really start truly enjoying shit until you are like 7 or 8, that is, if you have enjoyable memories.

>Pretty much prefect

I wouldn't romanticize it too much. it was the highest crime rate in US history, as well as AIDS and crack and...

1970 is the kino year to be born

>10 when 1980 begins
>Old enough to watch all the action film 80's kino in the mid/late 80's
>Get to enjoy your 20's in the 1990's

BASED

But what about the music?
I mean it seemed like a decent time to party if you wanted to go out to bars with your gf or other shit or whatever.
What do you want to happen for it to be good?

90s was a wholesale rejection of 80s color. hair metal and shit fashion was constantly mocked on shows like beavis and butthead

00s was the reinvention of the new wave aesthetic brought about by bands like interpol, mgmt and games like vice city

10s does not have a flavor but i would imagine it would be the fall of 00's fixie hipsterism and its replacement by instagramcore materialism

I wish women dressed like this nowadays. Now they are absolute whores. If things keep going like this they will start to wear just nothing.

Jesus Christ I just realized that we are almost out of the 2010s, feels like yesterday when people were freaking out about 2012 end times.

a few still exist

go to the 60s if you want music

I think the 2020's could be kino

32 detected

I wonder how the 2020s will be. Any clues yet?

I know this is bait but nudism would be legitimately better, not for "I can see naked people reasons!" but less obnoxious fashion wars playing out in society.

I had genuine fun on myspace and it got me laid a couple of times.
God I miss emo and scene pussy

you see little kids everywhere in old photos. now you rarely see them on the streets

>Most kino year to be born
>Not 1935

You dont have to fight in WW2 and you get to enjoy the kino that was the 1950's

Birthrates have been crashing.

...with no survivors?

Literally the only way in hell i was going to get a personal pizza was by reading. And now i have an exhaustive knowledge of critical theory.

>NARC
Pleb. We had 1942 in our Hut. I'm just kidding. NARC was a great game

t. disappointed pedo

It wouldn't surprise me if more stillborn births or birth defects have been happening, especially from what I've heard in the past few years. I wish I had a good Bane or CIA comeback for this.

looks like a theatre setting

>I'm still in high school

uhmmmmm

for real?

hair metal died

Less social cohesion makes people more wary about their kids being around strangers and feel they need to be supervised.

>that episode where Kel gathered almost all the things Kenan requests at the end of each episode

>'90s
>any good
kys underage normie faggot

If I didn't need it for my small business I'd do away with all my social media accounts.

Millennials will never understand the feeling of pic related.

>cool summer morning
>went to bed the night before wondering what adventures you'll get into
>hear tapping at your bedroom window
>open blinds
>it's all your friends
>you guys spend the entire day biking, exploring, and playing games

The 90's was the 80's in denial.

>Jesus Christ I just realized that we are almost out of the 2010s,
We're gonna make it, bro!

>I wonder how the 2020s will be. Any clues yet?
Taking the 80's serious and not go hahaha they had mullets and leg warmers?

Nice bait from them!

Kids now this feel today user, they just spend the entire time on their phones taking pictures and seflies so they can get imaginary internet likes

>cant find anyone my age outside anymore
>when they are they are burried in their phones

>Just go on unemployment and have the time of your life.
Don't do that! I've been a NEET on and off for the last 11 years.

Best TV, fashion and music. OP speaks the truth.

I was being sarcastic. NEET-dom is slow death.

Do kids really all have phones now? I thought you had to at least be a teen before getting one.

Me too user. The combination of that and being a teenager made it the easiest sex I have ever got. Wild times...

That used to be the case. Now toddlers have iPads, or what have you, to entertain them.

>Im 23
>Started a new job
>Making Friends everything going well
>They ask to add them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc etc
>"I dont have any of those"
>"Really? What the fuck is wrong with you user?"
I dont think they like me anymore

I got my first phone at 13, my niece is 8 and has a phone and a laptop

>"Really? What the fuck is wrong with you user?"

if they really said that, good riddance

Thats the modern world dude

How old are you?

what a harlot.

Im 25 now, i got my first phone in 2005, Obivously just a piece of shit nokia

Xanga was the top tier. Myspace was shit tier.

>move it football head!

I'm 25 and had a phone at that age too. My mom bought me one for my freshman year.

>tfw my Dad is the only one who spams emojis at me.
He's not even saying anything with them. He just likes to troll my brothers and I.

>Bobby's World
Holy shit I forgot about that show. I hated it.

I can't even imagine having had a mobile at 13. Seems like it be a huge hassle.

>not having nothing but celebrities and tv personalities on your top friends.
It's like you want your real friends to hate you.

I doubt it but it's not because of the internet. Schools are just shit when it comes to encouraging reading I remember in fourth grade I was reading Stephen King books my grandma gave me and the teacher would freak out telling me I can't read them because it's not for kids and get forced to read some crappy "horror" novel for ten year olds where the spooky thing is just one big boring misunderstanding.

It was just a flip phone

Yes and as consequences of that theres an alternative reality inside appstores of shovel ware, one worse than the other, even videogames aren't being played as intended anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=LdLbRe09qas

Everything is getting downsized, dumbed down, bastardised, degenerated, downgraded, the word 'friend' itself doesn't mean what it used to anymore as well 'woman'.

We need less humans.

What did you use it for anyway? Texting?

that's still crazy. I didn't get a flip phone until I was 17 and I'm 22 now

That and my folks were able to contact me.

So these are normie memes...

Had reeboks as a kid. Can confirm their comfiness. Skate shoes are by far the most comfortable shoes I've worn though. eS and vans were my shit.

what is new-wave aesthetic?

Didn't the 70's have the gas crisis as well as a pretty significant recession?

>It has given every fucking asshole in the world platform to spout their shit.
the irony

My earliest memory was from when I was 2, almost ready for potty training. I shit my diaper and my mom was trying to change me. But I kept running away because I had important toddler stuff to do and a little bit of poopy wasn't going to stop me.

It was a great time to grow up as a kid in the 70's. Nobody brought guns to school, parks had 10 ft. tall metal slides and merry-go-rounds you could push at light speed, you could ride your bicycle anywhere in town by yourself and no one minded (and no bike helmets either), great saturday morning block of cartoons that everyone knew and shared because there were only a few tv networks back then, 12 inch high G.I. Joes with full size vehicles and accessories ... and more.

The Pizza Hut actually had lit candles at the tables, yep.

Nope, I know people (usually black and/or single mothers) who shove their 1 year olds in front of iPads all day

>you could ride your bicycle anywhere in town by yourself and no one minded (and no bike helmets either)
I still do this.

>there was a period in time where ska was actually cool

take me back

I assume you’re an adult. If a 8 year old did that today his parents are getting CPS’d

>in middle school the boys would play Brittney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, and N Sync songs and it was perfectly acceptable
>in high school that got you called a fag

DUDE LE NINETIES

THE DECADE I GREW UP IN WAS THE BEST

I would call you a fag no matter what year

meh

will there be? unknown. were there? yes

I cannot remember where, but I came across a Taco Bell with this aesthetic somewhere in the US when I was traveling in a Semi Truck, living on the road.
I also saw a McDonalds that looked straight out of the 90s.
It was wonderful, sadly the guy that took me on the road doesn't want to do the OTR trucking thing anymore.
I'm too anxious and don't do well under pressure to think I can do truck driving well.
That's the only way he'd want to do it again, understandably.
The stuff you'll see out there you'll never forget.

It''s funny, think of how much better the 90's is compared to now overall, and now remember the 80's was also that much better than the 90's

this might not be bait

they had chicken nugs too

their chicken nuggets are pretty great.
I'm partial to the chick-fil-a sauce, I wish it had more tang. Like mcdonalds hot mustard

It wasn't so great if you were lgbtqip or any other minority. But I guess it's ok for cis white males to reminisce about a time when they had all the power and not just most of it. Those days are never coming back.

the 60s were pretty fun and the music was better

>Those days are never coming back.
I guess you forgot who was voted president in 2016

everybody

>they had all the power and not just most of it.
a damn shame too.
The world was moving forward. Now we have to wait for uppity brown people to play catch-up.

>old fastfood
When I was a wee lad, McDonalds had Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers and fries. That's it

And it was cheap. Now that garbage is expensive so you're better of going to oporto or nandos.

>oporto or nandos
what are these?

>pretending that teachers didn't resort to "hip" gimmicks to try and get you interested in learning. Video games, rock music, hip hop, popular movies, etc.

>12 inch high G.I. Joes with full size vehicles and accessories
You could launch AA batteries with the bazooka

what is essential Gibson Girl kino?
I'll start
>The Wind and The Lion

There is one that has been here for at least 20 years, at least that's the last time I was there, and it was shit. its still open, and I cant imagine how bad it is. Their parking lot is always empty.

00s are emo (MCR, RJA, 3 days grace), punk rock (good charlotte, green day) and pop music (beyonce or christina agulera), acoustic guitars still in 90% of radio music, baggy denim or skin tight jeans, no in between, skateboarding and jack ass culture(on decline), early days of youtube and myspace

10s i think of as ranging from the ballad of gay tony to GTA 5, with NY night club culture, kanye west, leather letterman jackets, thinner fit jeans, hipster culture making it big, internet really taking on a form of its own, and most importantly rehashing of previous decade's styles or ideas into an amalgamation that somehow lacks the soul.

>t. guy that doesn't know what a meme is
every meme is forced. Memes are just things that get repeate
>A meme is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture
without people to "force" a meme, it wouldn't be a meme and you would never have heard of it
>he says on the original meme center of the internet

Nailed it

Hamburger, fries and a Coke for like 75 cents

>tfw the Pizza Hut near my house was closed for renovation years ago due to a hurricane and they never re-opened it.
I had such good memories, like that time my mom took me and I cried for no real reason after I saw the Phantom Menace eating mats they had. Fuck pizza hut.

BOOK IT! was the shit

Pretty sure that's a high school.

Portuguese chicken places. You've never been to one?

nah I don't think they have those in Texas