Who was the most important character in The Lord of the Rings?

Who was the most important character in The Lord of the Rings?

Dr. Pavelere is the key to all of this, if we can get him on board........

BANE FOR YOU FLIGHT PLAN SNEED WOOMPH THERE IT IS

▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▄░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▄
░▀▀▀▄▄ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░▒█
▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▀

Galadriel and her beautiful dirty feet!
Based.

I don't know what I expected making this thread.

Sauron

It all revolved around Sauron

Galadriel's hair looks like smoke coming out of the Horn of Gondor. As if Boromir is smoking from a giant pipe.

Disregarding sauron since is not a real charachter in a way (not that is wrong) I go for the hero. Sam.

for real my dude he is the real MVP

Boromir. He was the only human to ever hold the One Ring and relinquish it. Keeping him in the Company after that was just cruel. It would have been kinder to get the Ring as far from him as possible as soon as possible.

sam, probably since he's telling the story. But there is emphasis on frodo and aragorn. Though Gandalf and the elves know a lot more about what was happening than the hobbits, men and dwarves that were led on. I firmly believe Boromir was possessed by Isildur via his broken sword.

Smeagol
he's literally the one that destroyed the ring

Gollum. Without him, Frodo and Sam wouldnt have even made it close to Mt. Doom.

Three-way tie between Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn. It's the Holy Trinity, the Threefold office: Prophet, Priest, and King. Aka Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

I'd go for Sam. Without him Frodo wouldn't have made it past the Shire.

Aragorn is a close second.

But without Frodo and Sam the ring wouldn't have gotten any near there at all.

Gimli for insisting that they travel through the Mines of Moria. If Gandalf didn't fight the Balrog and die as a consequence he would never have been reincarnated as Gandalf the White. No Gandalf the White, no way to drive Saruman from King Theodin's body, no Rohan to ride to Gondor, no armour to amass to distract Sauron from the hobbits in Mordor.

If you don't think Sam is the real hero in all these films then you weren't paying attention.

This. And he's also the best hobbit.

How fucking convoluted.

Aragorn, obviously. Hes right all the time and kicks ass. Even Gandalf was afraid Frodo was dead when Sauron’s mouth was lying about it.

So what does Aragorn do? Cuts off his fucking head and calls him a bullshitter. Then becomes the motherfucking king.

Daniel Day Lewis was the first one contacted for the role by Peter Jackson, that should tell you something.

Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
This brave queen stood up to Sarumon "playing bop it with hobbits" the wh*te. She survived the Holocaust, donated all her money to the restoration of the Shire and even gave Frodo a house.

The only correct answer is Tom

Literal triforce as well. Gandalf is wisdom, Aragorn is power, Frodo is courage.

frodo made the call tho

The gatekeeper at Bree

Without him letting Frodo in, Frodo would've died ending the story immediately

Book Aragorn is better.
>'This is an evil door,' said Halbarad, 'and my death lies beyond it. I will dare to pass it nonetheless; but no horse will enter.'

>'But we must go in, and therefore the horses must go too,' said Aragorn. 'For if ever we come through this darkness, many leagues lie beyond, and every hour that is lost there will bring the triumph of Sauron nearer. Follow me!'

>Then Aragorn led the way, and such was the strength of his will in that hour that all the Dunedain and their horses followed him. And indeed the love that the horses of the Rangers bore for their riders was so great that they were willing to face even the terror of the Door, if their masters' hearts were steady as they walked beside them. But Arod, the horse of Rohan, refused the way, and he stood sweating and trembling in a fear that was grievous to see. Then Legolas laid his hands on his eyes and sang some words that went soft in the gloom, until he suffered himself to be led, and Legolas passed in. And there stood Gimli the Dwarf left all alone."
-
>Aragorn did not touch him, but after gazing silently for a while he rose and sighed. 'Hither shall the flowers of simbelmyne come never unto world's end,' he murmured. 'Nine mounds and seven there are now green with grass, and through all the long years he has lain at the door that he could not unlock. Whither does it lead? Why would he pass? None shall ever know!

>'For that is not my errand!' he cried, turning back and speaking to the whispering darkness behind. 'Keep your hoards and your secrets hidden in the Accursed Years! Speed only we ask. Let us pass, and then come! I summon you to the Stone of Erech!'

>But when the dawn came, cold and pale, Aragorn rose at once, and he led the Company forth upon the journey of greatest haste and weariness that any among them had known, save he alone, and only his will held them to go on. No other mortal Men could have endured it, none but the Dunedain of the North, and with them Gimli the Dwarf and Legolas of the Elves.

-

>'You have looked in that accursed stone of wizardry!' exclaimed Gimli with fear and astonishment in his face. 'Did you say aught to him? Even Gandalf feared that encounter.'

>'You forget to whom you speak,' said Aragorn sternly, and his eyes glinted. 'Did I not openly proclaim my title before the doors of Edoras? What do you fear that I should say to him? Nay, Gimli,' he said in a softer voice, and the grimness left his face, and he looked like one who has laboured in sleepless pain for many nights. 'Nay, my friends, I am the lawful master of the Stone, and I had both the right and the strength to use it, or so I judged. The right cannot be doubted. The strength was enough, barely.'

>He drew a deep breath. 'It was a bitter struggle, and the weariness is slow to pass. I spoke no word to him, and in the end I wrenched the Stone to my own will. That alone he will find hard to endure. And he beheld me. Yes, Master Gimli, he saw me, but in other guise than you see me here. If that will aid him, then I have done ill. But I do not think so. To know that I lived and walked the earth was a blow to his heart, I deem; for he knew it not till now. The eyes in Orthanc did not see through the armour of Theoden; but Sauron has not forgotten Isildur and the sword of Elendil. Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for l showed the blade re-forged to him. He is not so mighty yet that he is above fear; nay, doubt ever gnaws him.'

Aragorn in the movie is doubtful, somber, and reluctant. Aragorn in the book is proud, cheerful, and eager.

It's already been mentioned, but it's obviously Sam.

The fucking Eagles

man bombadil theory sites are a rabbit hole and a half. cross referencing like five different books at once just to paint a general picture of who he is, and then *what* he is is still widely up to interpretation

did this scene happen in the books

man boromir was such a boss. the scene where the steward says it should've been his brother instead of him, always makes me sad as fuck

i wasn't droppin no eaves sir :(

Frodo

but without frodos mom, he never would have been born

God, tell me about life
how get gf

was it a good thing that smeagol found the ring, in the end, since it was destroyed for good as a result, many years later?

or was it a bad thing because its existence became known to sauron again and motivated him to rise again and seek it out?

I think that you have to look at Aragorn and Sam. The issue with picking a “most important character” is that the characters separate at the end of fellowship. The fact that the story is told in sections with different characters focused on in each section makes one character most important on each front. Aragorn is most important on his front, central to the themes of nobility, prophecy and royalty. Sam lays out the theme of their entire portion of the books when he makes his “folks in those stories” speech to Frodo. He also exemplifies loyalty and how to support a person who has PTSD. Gandalf is important also but I think he’s too above everything to be a relatable character.

>Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

>Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

Gandalf says Bilbo was meant to have the ring, which, in my view, implies Gollum finding it and holding on to it for as long as he did was also meant to happen.

massively underrated

rosie and her sweaty, hairy hobbit feet

without her sam wouldn't of had the will to save frodo

Only Gimli presented the mines as an option

mr. blueballs baggins shar the load

Nope.

BASED LASAGNA CAT

BREH, LOOK AT DIS DOOD

this guy
withou this elf's godly smirk the movie would have never ended