What a devastating yet beautiful film... Wow

What a devastating yet beautiful film... Wow.

This should win the Oscar hands down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzUV25pI1yg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It'll win Best Adapted Screenplay and MAYBE Best Original Song
Not enough political preaching for Best Picture

>Not enough political preaching

inb4 the post wins best picture

barf

>oscar bait
god's own country did it better

Two very different films..

But I did like God's Own Country a lot too.

what film?

The dad dropping those truth bombs got me

He's so handsome. I'll vote for him and his movie.

>its a OP wants us to guess the movie thread
fuck op

terrible bait

Took two seconds to find with google reverse image search

Call me by your name

Call Me By Your Name

Seriously.. He wasn't even fucking nominated for best supporting actor... Fucking snub.

Sorry with how recent it was I assumed everyone on here would have seen the actors from it at least once.

Is this the faggot movie? It won't win, Moonlight had faggots who were also niggers, this has a young white boy lusting after mature white cock. It's like two levels lower than Moonlight on the oscarbait scale unless they're endorsing pedophilia now

I'm not OP but I think that's the movie about the Beatles starring the handsome Sangster.

You're edgy

and you're a queer if you actually like this movie.

Not really, unless you’re just a spineless faggot who thinks being blunt is the same thing as being edgy

Lol and?

Imagine not being able to enjoy good movies because you're too insecure.

>movie that romanticizes an adult grooming a teenage boy
>a producer actually approved this and got it into theaters

I want to get off of Clown World

Fucking morons

He's 17, age of consent in Italy is 14.

Don't be such a Puritan.

Apparently objecting to a movie that glorifies literal fucking pederasty makes you a "puritan" these days.

rome_476_ad.mp4

Saw this with my gf. It was pretty good, the dialogue was probably the best thing about it. I couldn't really relate to a lot of it because it seems like so much of the excitement is that they're hooking up on the down low. Gf loved it, but she has a weird thing for attractive gay dudes getting it on.

>he's 17, don't be such a puritan
>he's 16, don't be such a puritan
>he's 15, don't be such a puritan
>...
>he's 8 but he turns 9 next month and he's really mature for his age, don't be such a puritan

The characters are 7 years apart lmao

this is not Lolita

this faggot shit is being shilled on here everyday, you shouldn't need to look it up.

Literally a slippery slope fallacy

open your eyes young fag

The "25 year old" looks every bit of 35 though.

I'm gonna make a movie about a gruff 40 year old roofer who buggers a 12 year old. I'm gonna call it "Diddler on the Roof". It's gonna get loads of Oscars.

>jews
>gay sex
>fornication with minors
>corruption of youth
>parents carefree of deplorable acts against their children

This is the most smut laden filth out there. Why are we as a society promoting and championing such wicked corruption against our moral souls?

Most people are repulsed by homo stuff.

>heh the slippery slope is just a fallacy goy nothing to see here

Were the sex scenes awkward for you?

LMAO HE LITERALLY HAS A GOLD STAR OF DAVID NECKLACE ON

MASK ON

FUCK IT MASK OFF

The most explicit thing in this movie was Elio's girlfriend's tits...

They didn't show gay sex.

>getting riled up over a 17 y.o having sex because he's not 18 years and 1 second old
Is this another Americans manchild syndrom other than not being able to buy their own beer at 20 y.o, and freaking out over a woman's nipple?

American puritanism at its finest.

>it's a good film because it has gay characters and themes

That's not what anyone said lol it's a genuinely really good romance film.

Elio's dad's little monologue at the end is worth watching if you haven't seen the film. Spoilers ahead: youtube.com/watch?v=qzUV25pI1yg

my lady friend also has a big thing for that. like so much that i'm pretty sure she only likes captain america for the idea of cap and bucky being gay together.

>(((white)))

What did he mean by this?

not as devastating as the pounding i gave your mom last night LOL

He's a horny teenage boy

Shocker I know

Then what did HE mean by THIS?

>he's 17 don't be such a pedo
>he's 18 don't be such a pedo
>he's 19 don't be such a pedo
>...
>he's 45 but he turns 46 next month, he's really young for his age, don't be such a pedo

How and when did we allow faggotry to be considered normal? What went wrong with america? Say what you want about mudslimes but they keep their fags in check aka muder them

A horny teenage boy masturbates into all sorts of inanimate objects...

What are you shocked about?

>no gay sex scenes
director is a queer tease and an awful untalented filmmaker. he deserves a razzie award.

It's an utterly boring flick. They don't deserve a nomination. They don't even deserve an invitation.

this.

Dad's speech at the end was just cherry on top for the "i'll take that oscar now" mentality

In the book he eats the peach, also they have this weird feces ritual which luckily also didn't make it into the flick

>Say what you want about mudslimes but they keep their fags in check aka muder them
fuck off achmed

>Softening the peach scene is indicative of a general squeamishness the film has towards the wilder, grosser parts of the book. Elio is a horny teen who finds in Oliver a man who’s willing to go to the edge of the cliff with him. In the book, Elio licks Oliver’s eyelids; Oliver puts his fingers in Elio’s mouth to help him throw up. Towards the end of their romance, there’s one scene where they share a hotel room in Rome, and Elio says he wants to see Oliver’s poop. “Our bodies won’t have secrets now,” Elio tells him. Then Elio wants Oliver to see his own poop, but Oliver does him one better: He kisses him, massages his stomach, and watches the entire thing happen. “I wanted no secrets, no screens, nothing between us,” he says.

to be young and to be in love am I right

>this is the future we earned by "winning" WWII

Oscar? Far from it, although it's a popularity contest anyway

what the fuck

Give me one good reason why I should watch this subversive propaganda film about a faggot med and his pederast lover?

>normalizes sexual deviancy
>normalizes man/boy relationships i.e. pedophilia
You shouldn't.

is that a fucking kike star?

lmao its george s patton not s george patton

>italian
>white
also the pedo is a jew

youtube.com/watch?v=qzUV25pI1yg
for this scene alone

It's not technically a bad film, has some nice cinemathography and the Italian landscape is a joy to behold, but beyond that nothing of merit can be found in the flick

also someone linked the Stuhlbarg's oscarbait speech so if you enjoy that sort of thing, go for it

>it's okay to be a degenerate as long as it makes you happy
kys

It's some ivy league jewish fantasy, who was lucky that someone like Ivory touched the material

>oscarbait

not every film that has a good message, particularly one as powerful as the one in stuhlbarg's monologue, is oscarbait.

I agree but honestly my claim for this scene alone is not in the wrong, all that was missing was him looking in the camera and winking but I suppose that's the sentimentality that people feed on

to each his own

i hate calling anything that meaningful oscarbait though, although i get why you would.

oscarbait to me is shit like The Post or get out.. you already know what type of speech you'll be hearing from spielberg. "we must defend the press!!!" and although i really liked get out... it is 100% oscarbait.

a monologue as cathartic as the one in cmbyn doesn't deserve to be compared to low effort shit like the post or obvious oscarbait like get out.

Is this the movie about the gay pedophile who assfucks a semi retarded teenager over an entire summer?

anons have posted that there's no assfucking scene. it's a boring unoriginal movie.

so you WANTED to see the assfucking?

The film is nothing too special but it did make me want to have that kind of relationship with a qt boy in the Italian countryside. It's the kind of film that I refer to as a fetish film in that it basically only exists to watch some particular fetish play out over the course of 2 hours in a pleasing manner, it doesn't accomplish much else from a cinematic or writing standpoint.

You do get to see his flat twink ass though.

exactly... thats literally it. and armie's ass.

the director avoided sex scenes so that it could be a universal film about romance, but some insecure homophobes are still bothered by it.. :^)

YES. been agonizingly waiting waiting WAITING then no assfucking. MASSIVELY disappointed.

not really excited about ass or even dick. i primarily fap to handsome faces making orgasm expression.

there are also disappointed homosexuals angry at the lack of sex scenes

Relationships go beyond sex, you know.

how the hell is get out oscarbait

it's an indie movie released in february with a budget of a million bucks, it's just a satire movie that picked up lot of atttention in the box office

>wypipo

Are you trolling?

They both play Jewish characters in the movie

sex is not about relationships you know

I mean the post is such an obvious oscarbait that it shouldn't even be named, its the lowest hanging fruit since it's Spielberg.

This flick while adressing the themes the academy loves is also too on the nose too be called sincere and the speech should be called out for what it is, a real heart string puller.

I guess I prefer films like happy together when it comes to love stories that happen to be homosexual.

if only this landed in the movie, it would be great to see the reactions

Get Out isn't Oscar bait. You guys really don't understand what this term means.

>This flick while adressing the themes the academy loves
Such as? No, homosexual loved is not a theme loved by the Academy. Persecution of homosexuals is.

moonlight, danish girl, imitation game, dallars buyers club, milk, brokeback mountain etc.

I'll give you the persecution of homosexuals, but this flick is not exactly showing their romance in the open so it doesn't fit the bill either

apart from homosexual love, it‘s just a collection of old romance clichés. I felt really bored watching this. The soundtrack though was really good.

The entire supporting actor category is a joke this year outside of Sam Rockwell. I don't know how will poulter didn't get a nomination for Detroit.

dear god, no

The age consent has been going up in modern history not down

fuck that sounds so hot, wish they'd put it on screen, sounds so intimate

would love to listen to that wet squirt as he plops that big brown load into the water