Why is it that so many TV shows set before, during and after 9/11 refuse to show the Twin Towers?

Why is it that so many TV shows set before, during and after 9/11 refuse to show the Twin Towers?

Friends is the only show that I can think of that kept showing the towers. I don't see how it's disrespectful to the victims, I'm not even being edgy. They existed, there's no need to erase history.

Daily reminder that jet fuel cannot melt steel beams

Sopranos only stops showing the towers after they fell in the shows timeline, to reflect the fact that they were also gone in that universe. They are still in the openings of season 1-3

what path does Tony take getting home? and where is he going from? always bothers me

It can't, but fire hot enough can. And the fire was easily hot enough to melt steel beams.

The Great London Fire of 1666 melted steel beams, and they didn't have jet fuel back then.

I believe it is the New Jersey turnpike

>jet fuel incinerates everything in the tower
>this cause the temperature to rise in astronomical proportions
>this causes the structure to lose integrity and collapse

sheep

explain the nanotermite

>shows set DURING 9/11

Wha

It's not even that important wether or not jet fuel could weaken the ridiculously overpowered structure of the building. What's more important is that you keep believing all the (((((((coincidences))))))) surrounding 9/11 and keep ignoring ALL evidence.

The old WTC will be buried in history so no one dares investigating the truth.

>Daily reminder that jet fuel cannot melt steel beams
But chemtrails can.

Explain building 7.

Explain why the government didn't release the footage of the airplane that allegedly hit the Pentagon. Explain why there wasn't any wing marks on the Pentagon, but just a round hole. Explain why there wasn't a lot of plane debris around the Pentagon. Did the plane also vaporise upon impact?

Shows set after 9/11 wouldn't show the towers because they wouldn't be there?

The turnpike but he's going an obscenely scenic route.

good on him

The 9/11 era is so fascinating. The 2000s got cut short, it feels like we should have something different, but 9/11 changed everything. It's interesting to see thing before and directly after it, before the the mindset of fear and paranoia set in.

Feels like we just had that era of boybands and cheesy grrrl pop stars and then smash to black, we got the War on Terror.

It was quite the event. I remember being a retarded 11 year old who didn't comprehend how immensely it would affect basically everything.

>it feels like we should have something different,

Yeah but what?
And if 9/11 didn't happen, would it have been smooth sailing up til now, would it have been a different attack at some totally different point in the 2000s?

gee I don't know maybe it has something to do with the fact they stopped existing fucking dumbass retard

>And if 9/11 didn't happen, would it have been smooth sailing up til now, would it have been a different attack at some totally different point in the 2000s?

It was exceptionally successful. If the attack had been less successful it changes the kneejerk response as well. One terrorist plane into a building and it might all just boil down to some flight restrictions, no war retaliation. Longest war in US history gone. Destabilizing the ME gone. Privacy invasions gone.

kek, same goes for me
>be 11 in Germany
>be on a one-week trip with my class
>guy comes in our room on tuesday with a newspaper (never understood why a 11 year old would read a fucking newspaper)
>tells us the twin towers collapsed
>we tell him to fuck off because we were reading mangas and talking about some random shit
>get back on friday
>apparently the whole world is in chaos
that was some rough shit watching the news when I came back and seeing the actual scope of what happened

you realise that the Bush administration wanted to do all these things anyway, yes? 9/11 just made it very easy for them.
The Patriot Act for example was written far in advance, they were just waiting for an opportunity.

>8 year old kid in NZ
>walk home from school
>mum is watching it on tv and crying
>have an argument with her because i want to watch digimon

I didn't give a fuck.

if 9/11 didn't happen star wars prequels episode's 2+ 3 would have been good.

>The Patriot Act for example was written far in advance

This is how legislation works you fucking brainlet. Bills like that percolate until they can get a majority to pass it by hook or by crook. There are constantly such bills being rejected and far worse never brought to floor.

Obama passed a bunch of these pieces of shit too, expanding and extending shit the Bush era had launched, so it's not about which muppet sits on the throne either.

Without the popular support they wouldn't have been emboldened to pass it. Without the effectiveness of the attack there wouldn't have been that cry to "do something".

and? did i say anything to the contrary?

same here

>be from bongland
>normal day
>go to my friends house afterschool
>tv on in living room showing the news
>his mum crying on the phone walking around in circles
>apparently his uncle is american or something
>go upstairs and play the sims together

Because they were ugly.