Do you think we'll see more Afrofuturist films since Black Panther was such a hit?

Do you think we'll see more Afrofuturist films since Black Panther was such a hit?

Imagine Ryan Coogler does a Lando Calrissian film with an Afrofuturist planet!
It would be so based.
Really enjoyed Black Panther and seeing my culture getting represented in film.

Is this how white people feel all the time when they see their own characters and culture in cape films?

maybe they will stop stealing already established white characters and create more of their own.

>Is this how white people feel all the time when they see their own characters and culture in cape films?

No, because I'm not obsessed with (my) race.

Planet of the Apes is already the best afrofuturist film.

Yes, every time I see a white person on TV or in a movie I get a little rush of validation. Honestly it's exhausting, sometimes I put on BET just so I can unwind.

I never even paid attention to the race of characters in a movie until about ten years ago when they shoved it down my throat.

No, white people have ethnicities they relate to instead of skin color. Only mutts with no ethnicity have to relate based on their color

>Do you think we'll see more Afrofuturist films since Black Panther was such a hit?

Probably too early to say, wait and see.

>Is this how white people feel all the time when they see their own characters and culture in cape films?

No we don't, because culture isn't about race, it's about values and traditions. If a character displays a set a values that matches ours, we'll generally root for him, no matter the race or gender, and if he shows us a better path than we ever thought of, it'll be even better.

I'm a white guy, and even though I didn't see black panther yet, I'm sure I can enjoy it if it's as good as everyone says, and like the character even if he does not necessarily look like me.

No because white people generally, with a couple of very notable exceptions, celebrate the heritage of their ancestral country of origin rather than the color of their skin.

This.

This is all for a product made by Disney to sell action figures. They're black power saluting in solidarity, echoing the activists who fought segregation... for a corporate product, that they paid for, specifically to a bunch of old white men.

Yeah all those films about white ethnostates that are super-advanced because they limited immigration.

They’re forcing you to if you don’t want to become Brazil.

I would welcome an realistic depiction of the future of Africa.

>Do you think we'll see more Afrofuturist films since Black Panther was such a hit?

Probably. My only concern is that if we do, there will be more focus on wish fulfillment, revenge fantasy, and alt-history than actually looking forward and setting a film in the real future.

There's too much bullshit about Black Panther being a glimpse of Africa without colonialism, conveniently forgetting the magic, do-everything meteorite that crashed near Wakanda. It distracts from the message of sharing your good fortunes with others and building bridges when lefty blogs write articles about "IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT WHITEY."

If nothing else, though, I hope this movie spices things up because Hollywood is basically a capeshit and pseudo-arthouse factory now.

>Is this how white people feel all the time
You mean not like a victim?
Yes.

Nothing new about this. Jews ran the civil rights movement in the 60's and 70s. Disney is run by Jews today.

Half the transatlantic slave trade was run by Jews. American blacks have always served the same masters.

Marcus Garvey biopic when?

>"IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT WHITEY."

All this lionizing of this mediocrity makes the movie ripe for parody. Seriously, get the Wayne's on this mania.

>
No we don't, because culture isn't about race, it's about values and traditions. If a character displays a set a values that matches ours, we'll generally root for him, no matter the race or gender, and if he shows us a better path than we ever thought of, it'll be even better.
You fucking cuck, why don't you just offer to suck his dick?

>culture isn't about race

>peaceful
>ethnic
>cleansing

>and seeing my culture getting represented in film.
Are you literally African?

>niggers gaining intelligence

>peaceful
If you're very, very lucky.

Is afrofuturism is okay to desire can I want an anglofuturistic world?

Probably? But they will bomb horribly. Black Panther wasn't a success because of black people, it was a success because of white people willing to give a black-centric movie a chance, and that was due only because it's a Marvel movie. Marvel has spent a decade building up brand loyalty, so that now they can do something risky like this, something that if they had tried it 10 years ago would've failed spectacularly, and have it succeed with flying colors.

Don't expect this success to be repeatable.

>seeing my culture getting represented in film.
Your culture was invented by a couple of Jewish comic book writers in the Sixties...?

Blacks always think when another black is on screen that person is their elected representative.

They also think it's the first time a black person has ever been in a movie.

Is this guy famous for being punched in the head by a cuck?

The best part is Mugabe and his wife got ousted and a new guy is in charge, and he's essentially repealed all of Mugabe's anti-white legislation and is openly inviting whites back into the country now.

you had your chance casper, pic related

its our turn for kino now

How can one namefag be so based?

What is funny it that Wakanda is a parody of an orientalist view of Africa.

It takes cultural éléments from Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Touaregs(non black) speaking à South African Language that is from a différent family from most (Niger-Congo) African languages.

It's like having a movie set in Andorra in Europe where people speak Hungarian, dress like Russian, Greek and Irish all at once.

If i were black i'd de pissed of

Something has to fill the cultural hole of black americans

yall are able to know if you are irish, russian, or greek. we dont kno know what we are so this is the best possible solution

The people saying this movie celebrates their culture is like me celebrating the Princess Diaries for Genovia

It's pretty easy to identify who has and hasn't seen this movie. Whoever wrote that article has not seen it.

A central theme in the movie is literally African culture is not the same as African American culture and stupid niggers need to stop trying to steal it.
Yet nigs everywhere are like "DAS ARE CULTURE".

>capeshit
>culture

>what is the Roman empire

>Is this how white people feel all the time?
Are there even recent movies that celebrate whites as a race?

Wakanda is supposed to be some kind of pan-african fantasy land though, so it makes sense they blended various cultures together. It'd probably piss off the nationalist Africans who are proud of their ethnic heritage being misrepresented, but for African Americans and other African diaspora who have no real connection to their homeland it's not an issue and they can just enjoy the fantasy.

No permission will be given.
None need be, either.

I'm French and worked in Ghana as an expat.

There they call all whites "obruni", you can hear that all the time as you walk outside. African Americans that visit Accra and other city with ancient slave trading forts are also called"obruni", and the locals don't like them because they don't get Africa

An Pan-African vision of the black community is nonsense, in some régions a black girl can't marry a black guy from a different tribes

I'd like to see some actual afofuturist films. Like, actual high concept science fiction from an african perspective. Not that superhero shit. I think the closest thing to that that exists is Neil Blomkamps stuff. But I'd like to see some science-fiction made by people from less europeanized afrtican countries than South Africa. I imagine there are some great creative minds in countries like Nigeria or Ethiopia that never had an opportunity to realize their visions. If Hollywood would support promising talents from Africa I imagine some great works could come out of it. Somehow I doubt it, though. Superhero movies are a safe bet.

Black people can have pure socities...

Lol

>bait

The civilization that collapsed when it became multiracial.

I've heard that tribalism still dominates most of Africa, in your experience is that the case? Have you been to other African countries besides Ghana?

ENOUGH WITH FUCKING NIGGER PANTHER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS FUCKING BOARD IS RIDDLED WITH THIS BULLSHIT. WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE OBSESSING OVER THIS SHIT? HURRRRR A NIGGER CAPESHIT AND HURRR REACTIONS FROM NIGGERS HURRR DURRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FUCK OFF.

I FUCKING HOPE SO

What's worse?

>Being a shit eating cuckold

or

>Being heem'd by a shit eating cuckold on video

I do understand the problem, but don't get fooled, this is a western vision/parody of Africa.

I'm not sure American whites who don't know if they are from French or German etc..'descent would like to see what I described (Andorra speaking Hungarian)

We won't because Disney wont give niggers free tickets to movies they don't make.

If only they could feel what we feel when we look at the stars.

>Maybe it would save us all
>Or at least make them all neck themselves

Cause there's no black catholics and eminem isn't white amaright?

Rome was multiracial almost since it was originally founded by Greek settlers. The native Latin population of Italy was rolled into the Roman Republic as it extended its reach over the peninsula, to say nothing of the Gallic, Iberian, Phoenician, and even north African populations Rome annexed during the Punic Wars.

>their
You mean the old white guy who made him up?

There are plenty of actual good movies with black leads set in America, why are they so obsessed with this capeshit movie that takes place on a continent they don't even live on in a country that isn't real?

Most of us are a mixture of those and other European ethnicities. Most of us don't know the exact proportions.

Most of you are a mixture of sub-Saharan African ethnicities, with about 10% European thrown in. You don't know the exact proportions either.

You aren't any more cut off from your roots than we are. You have no special excuse for being grossly ignorant of your ancestry. You also have no excuse for leaping to identify with a Jewish fairy tale. Your people are behaving like children.

and look at what fucking happened to Rome!

Probably, but then because they aren't disney films they won't do that well for Box office numbers

Gee, I have no idea what the people directly profiting from this movie could stand to gain by pretending that it challenges some invented controversy

>Rome was always a nation of immigrants

>Rome become multiracial in 500 BC
>this somehow causes Rome to be sacked by Goths in 410 AD, almost 1000 years later
Rome was around for a very long time and it was a multiracial, multicultural society for nearly all of its lifespan, as was the case for most Mediterranean settlements founded by the Phoenicians and Greeks.

After Trump won the presidency, small groups of soy eating bug men and trannies formed a bunch of liberal centered discords that they use to coordinate shitposting efforts on designated boards with high amounts of Cred Forums influence. They are trying to change the cultural landscape of Cred Forums so that we cannot use it as a headquarters for the 2020 election like we did in 2016. They will reply to this post with mutts and wojaks wearing maga capes or pictures of overweight Trump supporters because they've distributed a collection of images meant to dissuade people from voting for him.

Conquering niggers doesn't make you multiracial unless you invite them home

>603 reads
Do you people actively search for literally who opinion clickbait articles to share them here and get angry at them?

No it was a colony created by Greeks, I never used the word immigrants. But the fact is the Greeks were not the native population of the Italian peninsula, they settled there and mingled with the native Latin population and then eventually mingled with the Gauls in the northern part of Italy too. Rome spent centuries warring with Carthage, during which they expanded into Gaul and Iberia and eventually ruled parts of Africa as well. Rome was a true multicultural society long before it became an empire.

Multiracial means citizens in your land are of many racial and ethnic backgrounds. Which was the case in Rome only a few generations after its founding. Keep in mind that Greeks were highly disparaging of non-Greek cultures, and considered them barbarous. Yet Rome was forced to mingle with the "barbarian" Italian tribes to survive and become multiracial almost from its outset. Overcoming this hurdle of the Greek mindset is probably what allowed the Romans to easily accept annexing other tribes. The Gauls might be barbarians now, but after they were conquered they were Romans. True, parts of Gaul remained more or less free of Roman cultural hegemony for centuries, but other Gallic tribes became a core component of the Empire for years, so that to the rest of the world there was no difference between a Roman born in Ravenna and a Roman born in the city of Rome itself, even though in 500 BC Ravenna was deep in "barbarian", non-Roman lands.

Ethiopian here. We have a lot of ethnicities, 80 to be exact, and people don't make a big deal of marrying outside their own tribes. Granted that some people still strongly identify with their own ethnicity and blood, most Ethiopians have for centuries intermarried between different tribes. I reckon the same thing happens in other African countries in this day and age.

Pretty accurate summary.

All good things must come to an end, user. Change is inevitable

I remember reading something about Somalis and their clans still being a huge source of strife. Like, to the point that even Somalis who leave the country still self-segregate by clan even though the social apparatus that enforces the division is gone.

And they're also putting chemicals in the shitposts that turn the freakin' Pepe's gay.

By 410 AD the good had already ended for Rome, at that point the barbarians were looting a bloated corpse.

>dat reddit spacing

dead to rights

There's zero bragging rights in throwing a sucker punch. You make it sound like the cuck actually bested someone.

>80
That's a lot. Ethiopia isn't even that big of a country, must be horrible border gore in there. With that many minute divisions of ethnicity I can see why intermarriage is common, since otherwise inbreeding would've fucked up your population millennia ago, but there's really no long standing issues between tribes? No tribal alliances or historic feuds or grudges? Find that hard to believe.

you just did the same thing, are you also a reddit?

>even Somalis who leave the country still self-segregate by clan even though the social apparatus that enforces the division is gone.
can you give me source on that? It's not that Somalis in Ethiopia are fine where they are, the strife you mention is caused by Somalia nationals who want the Ethiopian Somali's to rebel so that they can form a Somalian muslim ethnostate. Not on my watch

>he's been shilling on Cred Forums for years and STILL can't figure out how to format posts

lmaoing @ ur life. sorry about the election btw. :(

This.

is this your admission post or something?
stop typing like reddit, i can't understand a word you're saying

>There's zero bragging rights in throwing a sucker punch.

What makes me laugh is sucker punches almost always lead to being knocked out because you don't see the punch and can't brace for it. The weak little cracker didn't even knock Spencer off his feet.

>No tribal alliances or historic feuds or grudges
certainly not. There's one going on right now. But historically, the major cause of divide in the country had been religion and not ethnicity. Ethiopia is a country of religious zealots because both Christianity and Islam have existed for far too long there. So for most of its history, it was separated between christendoms and sultanates engaged in neverending religious war.

They literally do

>Is this how white people feel all the time?
No because I don't need to have my existence validated by a lowest common denominator capeshit movie.

come on man brazil isnt so bad
*gets stabbed and shot*

This is correct

But on a side most people don't care
I just see a different person other then me
I'm not paying attention to skin color

No. White people don't let the color of their skin define them like blacks

Afrofuturism is just sci-fi with elements of African culture.
Literally any Anglo-American/ English scifi film is already Anglofuturism

(Star Wars, Blade Runner..etc)

first of the french fries burger of dragons