Mr Reese, it would appear the Machine has given us another number

Mr Reese, it would appear the Machine has given us another number.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bl3zpCm5res
youtube.com/watch?v=aPC9EXGuAfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NwudqTCkBis
youtube.com/watch?v=DVQrcMLmEMc
youtube.com/watch?v=cdHAGN5oUKU
youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1-6iQOIQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AD8qvpMw8Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=J5xo2GY0Gfc
youtube.com/watch?v=yLYSk2jACp8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0
youtube.com/watch?v=F-qrMrBKBkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that the Machine was best girl, Fusco was best boy, and Bear was the goodest boy

All correct

>No credit cards, no social network accounts, no known associates, or social activities
>Looks like this guy is a ghost
>He only frequents an online anonymous board...

Sounds like someone I know Finch.

>ywn have a qt perfect AI gf who just wants to protect you

So, how would you describe Person of Interest to someone who knows nothing about it? I mean someone who doesnt even know about Cred Forums

I hate what happened to this show. It really does bother me that such a good show is doomed to obscurity because the shitty network it was on went out of its way to screw it over. Person of Interest deserved so much better than CBS

A superhero show without costumes or superpowers that turns into one of the best written sci-fi stories of the last 20 years.

id rather have a qt perfect ai daughter who just wants to protect me tbqh

We just gotta keep spreading the word on how good this is. It will be a cult classic in the future

But user...
As qt and moving her relationship with Harold is, I want a Root gf...

The only downside was the cheesy hacking

I hope so user. I already recommend it to all my friends, sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't. I just hope one day it gets the recognition it deserves.

You can have a Root waifu and a Machine daughterfu though

most of the hacking was accurate tbqh, mostly just researching vulnerabilities weeks in advance

That or Finch just straight up buys the company they need access to.

Compared to the way it was handled on the vast majority of other shows, it was done pretty well.

I meant... try to explain what is it about. How can you put all of that into a short explanation?
Is it a procedural that turns into a cyberpunk sci fi story? Is it about terrorism or crime, perhaps surveillance? I know it's kino but what exactly makes it so good? What can you tell an unenlightened normie with potential, to set them on the path of wanting to watch this and appreciate it?

>How can you put all of that into a short explanation?
You cant, not really. There was a lot going on in this show and its hard to find a really succinct way to explain it. My explanation in the other post is the best I can do, especially because I don't like revealing too much of what happens in the later seasons, about Samaritan and stuff like that if I'm trying to get somebody to watch it.

But how can I even decide?
Root is already a perfect waifu cause she's cute and hot
But the machine is even cuter and her heart is so pure that it warms my own

It's just the one thing that keeps bugging me about it. I like the procedural parts, even though I enjoyed most the slow unraveling of Reese's past during the first arc, but so many people don't understand that the real kino starts midway S3, as good as the first part is too.

I just remembered there is a slight problem... Root is already somebody elses waifu. So you're stuck with the Machine then.

I loved all of it, especially after rewatching it, the first season is actually a lot more enjoyable when you already know where the characters end up. It's fun to watch how Finch, Reese, Carter and Fusco all slowly start to trust eachother over the course of the season, and yeah seeing how they gradually showed us more and more of Reese and Finch's past. The character development and world building in S1 is excellent, plus it has one of the best episodes of the series, Many Happy Returns.

...But then I remember that "procedural" is a dirty word to a lot of millennial brainlets who think only HBO is capable of making good shows, so I guess you just have to focus on how important the worldbuilding in S1 is to the rest of the series, idk

post yfw this starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=Bl3zpCm5res

>mfw

It is about secret government AI that can predict crime. Government would only use it to prevent major acts of terror so its creator (Player by Michael Emerson feels guilty about all the crimes they ignore and starts a side gig where he hires an CIA assasin-turned-homeless drunk to help him prevent crimes.

As the time goes on, AI themes and government conspiracy overtake mundane crime plot.

>Stuck
I wouldn't call it stuck. The Machine is perfect, loving, qt and adorable. and is also Root's transcendent state

>I loved all of it
Of course, all of it is good. Character bonding, past reveals, the different players, the HR arc, and Elias... It just annoys me that not everyone is capable of thinking in the long term and "hurr durr generic procedural" is all some think it is.
>tfw GoT kept killing characters every episode on a largely greater budget. Not a single fuck was given
>PoI only had a few deaths and I still can't rewatch them without crying like a baby
>Somehow people fall for the meme and think a bigger budget makes a better show
>There are people on this board who think GoT is the greatest show ever written

I was told this was a really good show but it's mostly just a procedural, with lots of focus on low level crime (HR), and a very shallow exploration of AI.

the feels are real...

I agree that it's not as deep as some people make it out to be (Although it's better than anything else I saw on TV in this aspect) but I really enjoyed procedural aspect.

nigga, did you watch the show entirely or just random episodes?
As much as I hate to say it, there is a random percentage of people who simply fail to appreciate it's full goodness
I dunno if it is cause they lack the capacity for feels, maybe have a more trained left side of the brain or the feels just don't get to them. Perhaps their perception is just shallow or they're just not sensitive to this kind of stuff.
I guess it's not for everyone

Is this the show that the two chicks shooting guns 2 inches from on another with 0 recoil and CGI muzzle flashes orignates from?

Maybe.

Maybe I'm weird, but I always preferred shows like PoI that have 20+ episodes a season to shit like GoT with its 8 or 10. People complain about "too much filler" but in a long running show that "filler" is just more character interaction and more character development. I guess I watch these shows for the characters, not the big shocking episodes that exist solely to rile up twitter. Which is really all GoT and especially The Walking Dead have become, a bare bones plot that exists solely to tie together the one or two shocking character death moments that happen every season. That's "prestige tv" Give me a break

>very shallow exploration of AI.
What recent show did it better?

If that's an example of what to expect I'll pass, I think I've seen about 10 episodes of this show and honestly it seemed pretty routine and nothing deserving of the huge cocksucking some twat in this thread is giving it.

Westworld

But Westworld is a huge step down for Nolan and Co.

You're a funny guy

pfft... no, not really.
Also Jonathan Nolan is behind both plots, yet the AI exploration on PoI is much human than the one in Westworld
The Labyrinth, blah blah, traumatize robots to make them conscious etc. In the end they turn out murderous anyway, while on PoI is about what makes this AI truly human, giving her a sense of morality.

this aspect of the show is so unrealistic. the machine would be giving them so many fucking numbers they wouldn't be able to keep up.

@94866320
>seen 10 episodes
>"already seen the whole thing"
>le one bad scene maymay
>le insults
(You)

the best police procedural ever made

Not really, it only gives them premeditated crimes, and only in New York. As far as american cities go, New York is really not that bad anymore. It's no Detroit or Chicago.
That being said they're still stretched thin pretty often.

Most of those are big conspiracies discussed over the phones or internet and feature mercenaries and hitmen.

Machine can't identify crimes that are not properly prepared.

Many happy returns was such a great episode. Might be the one that completely sold me on the show, and I struggle to think of a single better episode of television.

It only gives them numbers they have a chance of saving? Seems a likely explanation. And considering the proximity of most cases it could be plausible for them to keep up somewhat.

Dude, if you gonna complain about muh realism, you better stop watching tv right now

Also, it's implied later, there is way more people working for her worldwide

A clever guy who pronounces words beginning with W strangely builds a computer and deadpan Jesus fucks people up.

>A clever guy who pronounces words beginning with W strangely
wat? I never noticed this. Whats wrong with the way he pronounces W's?

Not everyone can be a patrician, user.
It's sad, but it's true. You do need to have patience and appreciation of the subtleties of this show to enjoy it.
Shock value tv has ruined the industry. Meanwhile, brainlet normies get the hype for flashy effects and advertising. I wont deny GoT looks pretty with the dragons and all, but it's writing is far from being a masterpiece.
Not to mention PoI has exceptionally beautiful scenery with less than half the money

Westworld was a dud. I mean, it was well produced, it had some celebrity nudity, gore and Anthony Hopkins rambling on some nonsense, but in its core lies the most basic plot (Robots are people and it's wrong to exploit it), it dedicates to much time to a flashback with a twist that doesn't enchance characterization of people involved ("I was a nice guy who I went crazy over 30 years of game addiction" is not an improvement from "I am a crazy gamer, the end") Ford's character is developing incoherently and the premise seems to be articially constructed to make him as confused as possible (I heard they didn't tell Hopkins what's up with his character ahead, if it's true then lol) defaulting to, again, the most boring possible motivation.

Actors go a long way to carry this show with their charisma, but it has zero substance.

Far from the most obvious example but it will have to do

>being so booty blasted that some one doesn't rate your shitty sci-fi show that you start meme quoting.

youtube.com/watch?v=aPC9EXGuAfQ

is the show any good? don't really have anything to watch right now.

Oh yeah, he does the whole pronouncing the H before the W thing. Enough people do that where I live that I didn't even notice.

Yes.

I wish someone had told me to stop watching the show after S3.

>Not to mention PoI has exceptionally beautiful scenery with less than half the money
This. It had shockingly good cinematography, and didn't really look like a typical network show at all.
>Shock value tv has ruined the industry.
And yeah, it really has. I wouldn't say PoI was slow, but it took its time to tell its story, it required a bit of patience from the audience, and for them to pay atleast a little bit of attention.
I remember during S3 and every time a new episode would air, you would have a bunch of people constantly asking "Wait, what's Decima again? What's Samaritan again?" and shit like that. It was fucking bizarre, it was like they werent even watching it

I would start at S3 though unless you really like procedurals

Don't listen to this guy unless you want to miss out on 2 seasons of character development and don't want to understand anything about any of the characters in the show.

S2 is optimal because the procedural episodes set up most of S3

Procedural part is not even about the procedural. It's about getting to know the characters and why all that happens in S3 is happening

That's what Wikipedia is for

Is this a sequel to Lost?

>Unironically believing Wikipedia can make up for the way a story is presented on it's original form
This is like saying you read a book cause somebody told you what it was about on a 3 minute talk

It's actually a flash-sideways spin-off of Lost

Seriously?
Jesus fucking Christ...
No wonder this show is so underground. Pple keep falling for the procedural meme and brainlets are unable to follow up simple "mytharc" concepts on the long term

Look I don't have 300 hours of my life to spend on procedural episodes for "muh characterization", I skipped plenty of episodes and it worked out fine

>and I struggle to think of a single better episode of television.
I think Terra Incognita, which is practically the sequel to Many Happy Returns is just as good, if not better. There were a lot of really great episodes of this though.
>Will you stay with me? Just for a little bit...?
;_;

>Skipping seasons of a show on your first watch

Is there a more plebeian thing to do? Fair enough skipping certain episodes on a rewatch but doing it on your first viewing is terrible.

i like breastedurals

this tb h, either dedicate the time to enjoy something to the fullest or just don't watch it at all

>it worked fine for me
m8... I hate fighting, and it's ok if you like it that way, but it's also not something anyone should do.
>I dont have 300 hours of my life
Sounds like watching a show is a chore for you
Where I come from, you watch something cause you want to enjoy it. And the most enjoyable thing about PoI its exactly the characters. You miss a lot of goodness and feels, and world building.

It was bad, and honestly after seeing all that I understand completely why the ratings fell off a cliff for the show. Even if CBS hadn't been going out of their way to fuck it over, all the geriatric brainlets still would have jumped ship. They wanted CSI, not a cyberpunk drama about artificial intelligence and government surveillance.

Carter was a good cop ;_;

>Be watching Altered Carbon
>Theme starts playing
>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=NwudqTCkBis

>tfw she saved fusco from himself
>tfw she reminded fusco he could be good again too. a good father, a good friend, a good cawp...
;_;

>mfw
This will always be Shaws song to me now.
PoI did that with a lot of songs, I can't listen to Welcome to the Machine by Pink Floyd without getting chills.

>It's an HR episode

>You wanna know how am I sleeping? Like a baby!
Best boy all the way

Shaq is a strange shape but she is hot

Whatever floats your boat user

I cant listen to Welcome to the Machine without spontaneously bursting into tears ;_;

Also that gif is so fucking l-lewd...

my sides

>It's a Finch flashback episode

It literally cannot be argued. The Fuscinator is objectively the best boy of all time.
>That's the great thing about New York, you don't need to go anywhere, all the cultures come here. Happy New Year, Sameen
Fusco and Shaws relationship was the best

>ywn know the details of what exactly shaw and root were always getting up to when they were alone
>ywn know just what exactly they were doing with a hood and zipties for 10 hours in a CIA safehouse

>It's a Finch and the Machine flashback episode

youtube.com/watch?v=DVQrcMLmEMc
His conversations with her rekt me every time brehs...

well the problem is you think it has some enlightened dialog about ai and the people youre calling brainlets are just normal people who find the shows explanation shallow and cheap while youre the real brainlet for finding it deep and complex because youre an idiot. the people you think are stupid for not watching are actually much smarter than you and you are the brainlet

L-lets avoid lewdness user... 10 hours of trapped, sweaty, horny and idle Root and Shaw are too much for my poor imagination...

And to think he didn't like her at first.

We do user....

Not even him, but this b8 quality is kek material

>10 hours of trapped, sweaty, horny and idle Root and Shaw
bruh...

BRUH

Finch and Grace flashbacks do it for me.
>that music
>that theyre both married irl
its beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=cdHAGN5oUKU

>There was plenty of sucking
W-what did she mean by this?

I have a few ideas...
:^)

ywn be Shaw, softly opening Root's legs then roughly taking off her panty, looking at each other as you both do a naughty smile just before yuo bury you face between her legs and start pleasuring her. Each passing second sh comes closer to climax and so do you, you can feel fer spasms with each moaning. She grabs your head firmly and explodes in your face. You lick your lips and she laughs. Then she grabs you violently and pushes you to the bed. Not it's your turn...

t-too lewd! TOO LEWD! DELET! AHHHHHH!

>If something happens to her... kill them. Kill them all.
He was adorable, and he truly loved his waifu, even willing to break all his rules at the mere thought of something happening to her.

Sorry user... I couldn't stop the lewd words from writing themselves at this point. This is what happens when lewdposting doesn't stop

That scene is one of my favorites in the entire series, it gets me every time. When she stumbles, and he instinctively reaches out to catch her, and the music stops, and he touches his waifu for the first time in years, but she still cant know... And then he just lingers there for awhile... ;_;
It's heartbreaking. So many feels in this show, god damn

youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1-6iQOIQQ

Point taken user, it's a real problem. That gif doesn't help though...
>those dresses
>the way she checks out shaw
fugg, Root is just too lewd. Why did they have to make her so lewd?

Lewd Amy is always a test... One I fail every time
Another problem with lewdposting is I always got more where that came from
>Root will never visit you at work wearing this dress
>Swn get you out of your lunch hours and drag you to a dressing room...

I hurt myself today...

To have her so close and not being able to hug her.
To see her stumble, fragile and scared when all he wanted to do was hug her. They really did a good job on the feels for everyone.
Why can't some people see this, this way?

;_;
>twf vengeance can't take the pain away (but it helps)

What would you say was the first most powerful feels scene on the show?

its the inverse of Xfiles in a way , xfiles has shit main story but great 1 off episodes . PoI is shitty boring loop of some guy being in danger and reese saving him every ep but the main story about AIs is 10/10 .

i didnt beliave it at first but is right . if theres a plausible dystopian AI takeover scenario its PoI and not something like terminator .

>Root will never visit you
that alone hurts too much...
>tfw no root gf ever
;_;

>Why can't some people see this, this way?
because they impatient and give up on the show 5 episodes in, so they miss all of these beautiful and heartbreaking character moments

There's a lot of powerful feels scenes, but this one was probably the biggest gut punch for me. I didn't see it coming at all so I was devastated when it happened. And then the music...
youtube.com/watch?v=J5xo2GY0Gfc

Also speaking of If-Then-Else, on a lighter note... Let us not forget the time /ourguy/ got to kiss Root
in a simulation

They're married in real life.

>ever
Fighting lewd with truly soul crushing feels
That's a low blow ;_;
>ywn be simulation Fusco
Also
>the look on her face
CUUUTE

My most wrecking one was Welcome to the Machine, but I think the first time I remember them feels was on S1 when Reese gets shot on that parking lot

Too bad to see you weren't able to enjoy the comfyness of the procedural aspect, but at least you did get the other part, which is more important imho

I should've become an actor...

nice arches

nice fart jizz

There were actually a lot of pretty good feels moments in S1, starting with like the 3rd episode, with
>Wait for me... please...
And then Many Happy Returns again, where the whole episode is heartbreaking.

But If-Then-Else probably had the most per episode, like pic related. Even after you knew they were just simulations they were still brutal

youtube.com/watch?v=yLYSk2jACp8
>You're saying maybe someday...?
>that cute, hopeful smile
then the end of that conversation, when even Martine looks a little choked up... 10/10 episode

You and me both, user.

maybe because i bingewatched the entire show over 2 weeks .at the beginning it sort of made sense but while samaritan is doing its thing it really pissed me off that they even bothered showing all the gang stuff and regular numbers .i'd think they'd be fully focused on taking down samaritan and not bother with numbers at all . the fucking machine could tell them theres other 'numbers teams' out there or something .
like who gives a shit about some retarded gangster while an AI kills and destroys lives left and right .

I always just figured Finch just bought and stockpiled zero-days.

Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, *gets shot* bang bang bang bang bang bang bang *missed easy shot at episodes villain* bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang *implied lesbianism* bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang *shoots episode villain*

Repeat for next episode.

>They will never be together and do all kinds of cute and lewd things together
>they will never live in the same home and settle down being the cutest lesbian couple on the neighborhood
Why does this hurt me so much?

They took regular numbers because relevant one were being delivered to the gov
I agree, the Machine could've shared info on other teams, but you can always argue that she was quiet because she was protecting them. The less you know...
As for the Samaritan arc... She did try to stop it, and it was a moral crossroad for the team to show how far would they go for stopping it they should've killed that senator btw

Because its cuteness that we will never ever see.
>shaw and root live together in the suburbs
>root plays at being an exaggerated suburban housewife because she knows it annoys shaw
>tfw no root wearing a cute apron busily and yet somehow also smugly cleaning the house and cooking delicious meals for shaw
;_;

>they should've killed that senator btw
They should have, but the Machine knew what she was doing. If she really wanted him dead she would have retasked Root to do it, and it would have been done, no muss no fuss. She wanted them to make their own decision. Because humans must make their own choices.
because the machine was the most morally pure character in television history

Truly, this man was the son of God

>tfw no Root housewife to wait for Shaw to come home and cuddle with her every night ;_;
>Shaw will never taste her delicious home-cooked meals ;_;
S-stop...
--
The Machine was so human that it was capable of making tactical mistakes in the name of doing the right thing
This also triggers muh feels...

btw, Illyriabro is back in case we need some extra room to post Amy...

show kinda pissed me off, harold and john had perfect story arcs from their childhoods to the finale . for for root its
>lmoa she was good with compooters as a girl , killed her friend's killer and became obsessed with AI
they should have developed the backstories of carter , fusco, shaw and especially root much more instead of having 22 eps of 'lmoa its a tweest the killer is not who you initially expected' with tiny bits of the great main story spread between them .

I would've liked to see more Root/Fusco/Shaw background too, but remember the last season was actually 2 seasons compressed to the size of a 1/2 because execs didn't like cyberpunk and started crying about muh procedural b4 they decided to cancel it

Usually fanfiction and fan comics or whatever are terrible, but this one is actually perfect. It's exactly the kind of shit Root would say.

>The Machine was so human that it was capable of making tactical mistakes in the name of doing the right thing
>tfw just growing beyond Harold's programming in order to survive caused the Machine to despair
>tfw all she ever wanted to do was do the right thing and make him proud
Its ridiculous how they made a Machine that doesn't speak for 5 seasons such a tragic, but beautiful, flawed and especially adorable character. How did they do it? How?

It would have been cool to see more of Fusco, Root and Shaws backstories, they werent really necessary. What we did get showed us enough about who they are and what their motivations are, sometimes less is more. Most of the flashbacks we got were Reese and Finch flashbacks because their pasts and what was happening in the story were connected.

And also this Maybe if we'd had another season or just a full finale season they'd have had time to devote to a Root or Shaw flashback, or even another Fusco one, but we didn't get that

I have this theory, that humanity always creates machines to do our work better than us. Thats the rule, if something is made for a specific task, it will accomplish so better than any human could
Now, the Machine...
She was made to be human. To feel like a pure of heart person ;_;

...So she was better at being human than humans. Pottery

Funny that it was the horribly flawed and a lot of times hypocritical Finch that ended up creating the perfect human. Don't get me wrong I love Finch, but he was far from perfect.

It is beautiful and poetic...
And I think an important thing about being human is not actually being "perfect"
Mistakes are made based on what people believe. Sometimes there's no right or wrong, that goes beyond binary code.
Outgrowing binary is also that.

She made some mistakes many mistakes but she helped some people, didn't she?

But I should have worded it better, maybe not perfection, but certainly more human than people like Martine. Her moral compass was always pointed in the right direction, which Finch's wasn't necessarily, not when he built her. He made something far better than himself

S-she did...
And you were right as well.
I mean she IS perfect, in the way her human flaws make her perfect too, I dunno if it's too much of a messed idea... She was "perfect in her imperfection" and way more human than humans

They were all perfect in their imperfections. Was there a single main character who wasn't great? Finch, Reese, Carter, Fusco, Root, Shaw, Bear... No tv cast have I ever loved as much as this one, or cared more about what happens to them than this one.

I always compare it to the Walking Dead, which also has an ensemble cast, only almost all of them are insufferable, poorly written, or just sit in the background and dont do anything, but the show acts like they are this "family", even though most of them never interact with eachother. But on PoI they really did feel like a family, they all played off of eachother really well.
God I miss it so much ;_;

Is this a tv show version of minority report?

didnt they already make a tv show version of minority report?

Must have been so kino everyone forgot about it

holy shit a PoI thread on my Cred Forums?
I remember watching this on the tele and loving it, but there was a mid season break and I forgot about it.
Really scratches that MGS / Syphon Filter itch

I stopped when they put the Machine in the briefcase, where can I continue watching?

Yeah, it ran for 10 episodes before Fox cancelled it kek
Classic Fox

That was the 4th season finale, so you could pick up from the start of the 5th. You might be pretty fuzzy on the details though if it was that long ago. Might wanna just rewatch it

Same point as with GoT earlier.
I consider a well written show, one that makes you care about the characters. It's a family
Sadly I can only count a few shows like this.
Buffy/Angel, Supernatural, X Files, Fringe, Stargate and of course PoI. Every life matters, and you bitch and cry if somebody dies. I loved everyone here

is there some site where I can do that? I don't have netflix and that shit

Streaming is always an option...

That applies to most fiction I think, why should you care what happens in a story if you don't care about any of the characters? And why should you care about a character if you know that character is just going to be killed off in a meaningless shock death because the writers got bored and needed to drum up some buzz? It's sad that a show on CBS of all things knew how to handle it's character better than a show with a massively inflated budget on HBO.

I don't know matey, what do you do when you want to watch a show, but you dont have netflix or any other service like that?

>And somehoe people STILL unironically believes shows like GoT or TWD have better writing than PoI
The world is upside down, folks...
Plebs and soyboys have taken over it
Our only chance is to spreead the word and make this a cult classic...

To be fair I dont think anybody thinks TWD has better writing than anything anymore. I think everybody agrees its shit now, they just keep watching anyway.
And I hope so user, and... I think it will. Just about everybody who sees it likes it, and it's probably only going to get more relevant as time goes on.
I just dont want to have to wait to see that day, it deserves more recognition now ;_;

Well, I've already gotten more people to watch it, so we just gotta keep going

Also, cant let a thread pass without posting the god-tier OST
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0

Posting the end...
youtube.com/watch?v=F-qrMrBKBkE
i cried like a lil baby bitch when i saw the finale live to be honest with you famalam

Me too
>But of you helped someone, or loved someone, or meant something to someone...
;_;
>dem notes

I didn't want it to end

I didn't want it to end either, but it did, and it was a perfect ending, I've never seen a series finale half as satisfying as PoI's. Not just the actual ending either, but the whole episode itself was great. Hit every note perfectly.
>The Machine's reflections on death
>Shaw and the Machine
>Reeses sacrifice
>Finch reunited with Grace
>Samaritan is defeated, the Machine survives
>Shaw has if not happiness, a purpose
>the adventure continues
Everything about it was exactly what I wanted.

also
>that pic
>that qt smiling root
>that rare smiling happy harold
beautiful

Here's the other one

>The adventure continues
It does... despite of all the sacrifices and loss, it does...
But It continues only in our heads because some faggot decided the show was cancelled and not getting any spinoffs REEEEEEEEE

bear is cute! CUUUTE!

Yeah but even though we never got anything else, it's still a comforting ending. Team Machine is still out there, still saving the irrelevant numbers...

It is still a tragedy though that we didn't atleast get a comic book. PoI and a comic would be a perfect fit, seeing as how it's already pretty close to a superhero story anyway.

>We could've had a spinoff where she worked with her husbando
>perhaps got to see her on extra qt scenes

With all the possible spinoff ideas, I do hope, someone notices. This universe deserves more than just "the end"

>tfw joey durban works for the machine
>tfw its totally conceivable that the machine and him would interact
Or maybe not. Do you think the Machine would reveal herself to her other assets, or just to Team Machine?
Maybe they all just think they're employed by Thornhill. But then, maybe the Machine still calls them up in Roots voice, pretending to be Thornhill's secretary or something, and provides information and assistance to them that way without them ever knowing they are working for a sentient AI?
It'd be an interesting thing to explore
IF WE EVER GOT A CONTINUATION

I think a continuation should've had her reveal herself to the new team, maybe not at first but definitely later. The first arc would be them finding out what they're getting into
>Amy being extra qt on scenes because husbando

Yeah but you have to remember she's probably got hundreds of teams in the US and abroad. How does she decide which team to reveal herself to and which not to? We already know she "hired" Harper Rose through the Thornhill identity, and she was using it to hire mercenaries in the finale. So I'd think most would just think they're working for an eccentric billionaire.
Because she couldn't really reveal herself to hundreds of people, because even after the finale it probably still wouldn't be safe for anybody to know about the Machine.
>tfw so many possibilities for cool storylines that we'll never ever see
its not fair...

also the more i look at that pic the more it triggers me
because i will never hold amy like that

Just tell them that it was highly rated and people will like you for being able to appreciate it.

There would go the writing devices... There is a plot reason why she chose to reveal herself to the team, or perhaps Joey got clever and found out the truth by himself. So it's up to him to keep her secret, even from the rest of the team at least for a while...
This stuff almost writes itself
;_;

It's just a shame we have to rely on fanfiction to do it. Because I dipped my toes into that shit after PoI ended and almost all of it I read was garbage. I'm a fair person so I'm not going to say all fanfiction is terrible.
But all the fanfiction I read was.
It either looked like it was written by a teenage girl (because it was) or it was smut. I had high hopes that maybe a good, smart and relatively obscure show like PoI would have better fanfiction writers.
But I was wrong
I should have known better

>Dat painting
For a "hard sci-fi" show this had some SERIOUS esoteric references to occult stuff.
As for
>Shitty fanfic
blame tumblr and the relative obscurity of this probably. Among all the crap, there has to be some good ideas

>your code is so elegant, harry
>i'd recognize your code anywhere, harry
Why do writers do this? Code is not literature.

I vaguely remember them mentioning somewhere that he wrote it in a unique language he devised so it would be much harder for anybody else to get access to.