Will Annihilation be kino?

Will Annihilation be kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B8K9jAJ3Ong
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will be a fun flick with nice visuals. The source material was lacking in substance but had some nice environmental descriptions.

it will be kino to download the NF. WEBRIP. 1080P. x264 the same day it opens in theaters

Get out of here STALKER

It's Stalker for the retard generation

Nope only one kino allowed and Based Marvel already got it

AYE MATEY

Fuck dude, I really want it to be because I loved Ex Machina. The production was really troubled, though. Execs wanted to dumb down the movie at some point based on test screenings. I'm still hopeful.

Poor.

lol women

>

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no

Signs point to yes.
All the trailers look good and the early screenings have been positive.

In an interview, Garland said he only read the first book of the series, which is good because it's the only good one.
I pretty optimistic about this one.

The ending should be interesting

>All the trailers look good and the early screenings have been positive.

the trailers are feature a shitty werwolf and test screening revealed its to completely for people and it was completely reworked

it will be shit

>completely for people
Wow what pleb trash.

And yet it's still under embargo

Doesn't Netflix do that for all it's movies?
Reviews for Ex Machina only came out after

kek
i might be autistic and can't tell that you're joking but it's clear it's a typo. there have been numerous gripes from people that the movie is "too complex" to be successful to a wide audience.

like regardless of how you feel about
>BR2049
the reason it failed financially is because the general public doesn't want to watch a sequel to Blade Runner, they want to watch SoyWars featuring everyone's favorite Mary Sue and EBIC SPACE BATTLES XDDD

Netflix?
This movie is going to the kinoplex first.

It's being called a "Netflix Original" because they're going to air it first in every country that's not the USA

>whitewashing
i can see disney already attempting to wreck this movie. the characters race wasn't mentioned in the first book. pretty pathetic really.

And even with the Biologist's description in the other book, NatPo still fits.
Another character describes her as having high cheekbones, maybe Asian grandparent?
NettaLee is Asian since she's from Israel

>high cheekbones
i think we all know where this is going

>people actually doubt Alex Garland

I've only heard the audio "trailer" on Spotify and it sound like trash
>it's not destroying ANYTHING
>it's making something NEW
seconds later
>... This is extinction begins!

that's retarded
i first saw the trailer when i went to see The Last Jew and honestly it looked pretty good

That sounds really bad.

None of that happened

I read the plot summary on wikipedia just now. It's chick lit and it will be a chick flick.

I'll be avoiding at all costs.

t.disneyshill

I'm sure there is every chance young women or girls will like it. It's clearly for them and not males. Who cares about trailers anymore? They are filled with lies.

>Who cares about trailers anymore? They are filled with lies.
This is the first factual statement in this thread.

Hahahaha 10ยข has been desposite in your Disney club card DisneyMom

i actually wanted to see this is theatres not my comp screen

they got nice nachoes too

It's going in theaters in America
Netflix everywhere else

There apparently are showings here in Canada

>straight to dvd has become straight to america because their mutts will buy tickets to anything

>Will Annihilation be kino?
There are girls in it, so it must be SJW pandering trash. Am I right fellow he-man womanhaters club members.

Yeah, it's not like a woman could be the main villain or anything

It's a film for girls. Anyone can read the opening plot and determine this.

The book had a lot of praise and won some sci-fi book award, but it was a steaming pile of farts. I'm excited for a new Garland flick; unfortunately, the source sucks too hard.

we also get Moviepass, so nah not really

That's where you pay a subscription fee to your local cinema and then they put up any old shit on their screens?

This.
>watching a hershlag flick post-episode III

i doubt paramount

>portman
>kino

pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=B8K9jAJ3Ong

>ggggirls
Hahaha don't worry black panther is doing fine . You don't have to attack this movie, Disney shill

no, separate company. the card works at most theater chains. $10/month for one movie per day.

Paramount got the balls to release Mother and Downsizing, if anything they're the last major studio that let directors make movies

The initial test screenings made people feel like it was too cerebral instead of a "monster movie" and the execs panicked and tried to force them to change major plot point. Director and Producers said no chance, hence the limited release and Netflix distribution.

Chick-lit? From a summary? This must be bait. The book is about a group of explorers investigating an alien enclosure on earth, where they slowly go crazy and turn on each other. Multiple brutal deaths, body horror transformations...not chick lit. The book is a slow burn but it was great, especially the lasst 1/4.

How can you possibly "dumb down" a story that has literally no plot?

But there are WOMEN in roles of AUTHORITY
One even uses a gun!

>Chick-lit? From a summary? This must be bait. The book is about...
The book is a bunch of crazy, unsexy women being brutally and pointlessly murdered. If you think that isn't designed to appeal to women then you're crazy. It even got a nebula award which everyone by now know is just a bunch of socjus faggots fellating each other over who can be more progressive by doing shit like e.g. writing stories about crazy, unsexy women being brutally and pointlessly murdered.

>It even got a nebula award which everyone by now know is just a bunch of socjus faggots fellating each other over who can be more progressive by doing shit
You're confusing them for the Hugos
The Nebula awards are just trying to stay relevant

>You're confusing them for the Hugos
ah, my bad. thanks user.

Plot summary mentions it's all women and they are arguing amongst themselves. No mention of body horror. One persons falls from a height. Another person gets shot.

Sounds like a snooze

Sounds like it's your kind of movie.

This. Plot summary indicates that the first book is little more than scene setting. Also that it's aimed at teenage girls.

I don't think Cred Forums will like the movie when it comes out. Cred Forums has a low tolerance for plot contrivances and unfortunately the book is full of them, one of the first things the highly trained biologist woman does upon entering the Zone is deliberately huff a bunch of alien mould spores It really is just as stupid as Prometheus

Alex changed a lot from the book

None of the women are crazy before entering Area-X. There are airborne spores that start affecting one of the characters, and the nature of the Area they are investigating slowly turns them all paranoid of each other. One of the characters is murdered by the leader of the expedition, who controls the others through brainwashing. They have all been given "self-destruct" commands, spore-affected characters being "Annihilation".

After the Leader dies by her wounds, the spore-affected character, the biologist, confronts the creature that has been occupying the Tower they have been investigating. The whole idea of this alien zone is that it is terra-forming earth slowly to be either like its own world or a better version of earth. This creature melds and obliterates the biologist for what feels like an eternity of agony. After undergoing this process she tries to escape but confronts the last remaining member of the expedition in a hunt that has her kill her teammate before she can be killed.

The creatures they encounter are crude combinations of the previous crews who visited the area and the animals that occupy it. It's likely that the gigantic pig-bear is also partly human, likely Portmans husbands character.

The area occasionally spits out a duplicate of the humans back into the world. The Portman in the interviews in the trailer is the clone and the original biologist remains in Area-X to become a disgusting behemoth made of herself and other parts of the area.

How much the movie sticks to the novel is unknown but if he gets the core concepts right it will at least be enjoyable, especially if Ex-Machina, Dredd, and 28 Days Later are anything to go on.

>woman has speaking lines
>not a chick flick
Seriously!??

NO NO NO NO ITS. A TEEN GIRL MOBIE!!
It has girls talking in it!!! Go watch hunger games!! Cuckxuckcuxk fag Reddit
GO AWAY
BLACK PANTHER #1 movie is world!!!! Save me Disney from this chick flick

>28 days later.
Wtf are you smoking. Danny Boyle isn't making this.

>all the speaking lines are women

It's a chick flick. Women also don't like cosmic horror so don't expect to see that.

It's definitely a girl movie. If my gf really demands we see something for her I might suggest this. Otherwise I'll be avoiding it.

Also acting like a little bitch because we don't wanna see a girls movie is the type of thing that got trump elected. Stop being so annoying.

Ex machina was very disappointing. Dredd was FUN but not amazing and this movie has nothing to do with 28 days later.

KILL ALL WOMEN!!!!!!
Make sure to go see black panther AGAIN instead of this girl movie

Your opinion has been discarded. Please try again later.

Why is it legal for women to appear in movies ?

A film for teenage girls.

>None of the women are crazy before entering Area-X.
Doesn't really matter why they are crazy.

This is gonna sound really weird to you, but bear with me okay? Alright, here goes: Most guys actually DON'T like seeing women get killed. Men get killed? That's fine. Women? Not fine.
They also don't like crazy women unless it's the kind of crazy that wants to get laid. And they don't like women who aren't sexy. So here we have a movie about crazy women who don't want to have sex being killed. It's like the author tried to put together a story that men wouldn't want to be interested in.

All written by Alex Garland. And he directed Ex-Machina.

>It's like the author tried to put together a story that men who can only read a book if they can self-insert as the protagonist wouldn't want to be interested in.

28 days later was directed by Danny boyle. You go by director.

I'm not black or gay either. Moonlight meant nothing to me. I'm not watching movies that are for other people. It's a waste of my time and money.

Reading Level: Casual Basic

good job m8
you really got 'im

>It's an user pretends he pays to see a movie episode

>everybody's the same sex doesn't matter gender doesn't exist olololxDxDxD
pic related: it's a movie for women

Oh I didn't pay. I watched it on a computer at home.

plebiest of plebs

Yeah. Cause it's my job to zing some retard with autism who can only watch a movie if the main character has all the same traits as himself.

All I know is this is a movie based on a book aimed at teenage girls.

The antagonist in the book and film is a sexless alien entity.
It's literally meant to represent undefined that is a thought experiment. Mind you I'm not saying it's deep... but that's what it is.

>It's a waste of my time and money.
>...and money.
>Oh I didn't pay. I watched it on a computer at home.
seems legit

stop. it's not even a man anymore, it's just straw

I don't identify as a teenage girl. I identify as my chronological age and biological sex. I know. Weird.

I saw it a few weeks ago in Toronto, AMA

Did you bother even reading past the first sentence?

>So here we have a movie about crazy women who don't want to have sex being killed.

So women in movies should exist to just be hot and to get fucked? This sounds like it will be like The Thing, but with a female cast. If anything this film could be seen as a countermeasure against these ridiculous "Female-reboots for the sake of it" movies like Ghostbusters or the new Oceans 11 with all women.

Violent psychological thrillers have starring men have existed forever. This time it's a group of women being manipulated by an alien species that directly and indirectly makes them destroy each other just like the dozens of previous expeditions into this alien area that consisted of different combinations of sexes and races. They all went in, they all saw shit, they all got destroyed. This is just the one expedition where they wanted to see if the same thing would happen with all females, because the agency in charge of investigating Area-X doesn't give a fuck about anyone it sends in.

Why is this ripping off the poster of The VVitch?

I do pay to watch movies if I have high expectations.

Did they serve crab legs?

Is it for girls? Is it a typical "it's for everyone" Hollywood movie that means it ends up being watered down and unappealing to everyone? Is it dumbed down for Americans?

Finally, is it good? What is good about it?

So you're a retard, then. OK.
I don't care what you indentify as, moron fuck.
The fact is you are too retarded to understand a story if you cannot self insert as a character in the story.

>still has high expectations
That will pass, user.

We are watching the all female team though, right?

If this is legit, can you give a summary of the movie? And whether or not you'd recommend it, based of other movies you enjoyed?

Dunkirk was great.

>ex machina
never watched that movie because the synopsis sounds fucking beyond trash and the trailer is shit too

judging from the trailer of this movie it looks like it has much potential but will turn out to be shit anyway

>so for women in movies to appeal to men they should be sane, attractive, and/or alive?
I'm amazed you nailed it that well, but yes.

Teenage girls are retarded and a annoying. The same as teenage boys. It won't matter how open minded or intellectual a person is, if it's a kids movie it's a kids movie. By the sounds of the ploy and the sex make up of the team the book is aimed at teenage girls.

That means it will suck as will any movie that stays faithful to it. Since its Hollywood the odds are that not only will it not stay faithful to a book made for teenage girls, they will make it WORSE.

The director plays a huge part, but it's not like Danny Boyle read the script and was like "this is dogshit but I can make it work." The script is what gets a movie off the ground. Boyle also directed Sunshine, written by Garland. So the guy clearly has a good track record as writer and now director.

Natalie Portman is the protagonist. The biologist is the protagonist in the film and the book. What are you on about?

I thought ex machina was fairly entertaining till the last third of the movie which was trash, plot wise.

The visuals were good, the actors were good, I was in suspense. Then the ending was 0/10, would not recommend.

If Danny Boyle was directing it I'd take a chance. It's not Danny Boyle thougj and I already know the writer/director has directed and written weak movies.

Lovecraftian horror isn't made for teenage girls you idiot

Correct. Would you rather it was 4 females and 1 male and the movie consisted of him butchering the women 1 by 1? This isn't a shlocky horror film. It's about the unknown nature of this alien species, whether it's just trying to survive or means to do harm to the people that invade it's territory.

>Then the ending was 0/10, would not recommend
looks like I once again made a good judgement

That's why they will remove that from the movie. Hollywood magic!

>where is flyfly man

>This sounds like it will be like The Thing, but with a female cast
At least The Thing is about stopping the thing. This movie doesn't seem to be about anything, at least as far as I can read from the synopsis. Reads like people just fumble around dying horribly hoping that by brute iteration alone they'll stumble into some solution to their problem, and then the fucking three-length book series ends without any conclusion or message or anything.

I'd like more if it was made in Europe, Danny Boyle was the director and the book contained men and women. A trailer clearly emphasising that it's a movie about cosmic horror and body metamorphosis. Maybe some bizarre sex. Also that I'd heard the book was fantastic.

Right now I have nothing.

Oh, user. It already was.

What's your point?

Yeah, that's how a lot if not most horror movies work you idiot. That doesn't make it a teenage girl film it makes it a horror film. Stop grasping for excuses for why you don't want to see the movie. Just own up to the fact that you don't want to see a female driven movie because you're uncomfortable with seeing a mostly female driven film

The robot destroys her creator after completely manipulating the only person that can free her. The leaves him to die since he is a liability to her ultimate survival, fulfilling the quest create a functioning, flawed, manipulative human being. 9/10 ending. Don't let shitheads talk you out of 1.5 hrs of unique film making.

I'm a shit head because I don't like the ending of a movie? Maybe you shouldn't emotionally invest so much. It's not an interesting ending and the protag is a moron.

>all-female horror film with no plot
if you're trying to sell me on this you're not doing a good job. any one of those by itself would be good reason not to go see a movie. and if invoking fear of cooties is the best defence of it you've got...

I just watched the trailer. It's women running away from a monster. I'll be staying well clear.

>fulfilling the quest...
Quest was to replace humans, not make one crappy machine able to escape your shitty prison.

3 billboards was great. This movie looks like trash.

I think about it as one chapter of a larger story. We are witnessing one expedition, instigated by an inept organization that is not only unable to make sense of Area-X because so little comes out of it, but because of familiar human traits that make offices run poorly. Even when dealing with alien life the bureaucracy gets in the way. Though you don't find any of that out until the 2nd book and the 2nd and 3rd books are not worth reading at all.

If the book/movie is "about" anything it is how would we deal with a part of the planet being swallowed up by an invisible force that seems to be growing. We would send wave after wave of humans in, regardless of the loss of life, in hopes of understanding how to stop it. The organization has been around for around 30 years and the Area is always expanding.

Portman's team is sent in thinking they are the 12th group to go and that they are getting somewhere, when in actuality there have been nearly 40 expeditions where very little has ever been discovered. At what length would America go to stop its land from being invaded by a being that can't be shot at, bombed, or reasoned with?

But it's a horror movie with jump scares. They show that in the trailer.

Three billboards was trash actually.
Probably the worst McDonagh film

paramount been fucking up lately,they are releasing on vod really quickly so it is probably shit just like that cloverfield

The film was produced partially in Florida but mainly in the U.K. The main characters are women but Portmans husband plays a big role that has yet to be revealed in the trailers. The first trailer is the best, but they both contain surreal imagery and violence. The first trailer ending with a chilling dual voiceover of Portmans character saying "I can save him" implying the cloning aspect of the movie.

If your standards are based on where it was filmed and if theres sex in it than you are not the target audience anyway and it couldn't matter less if you see it or not.

Maybe a guy enters and they fight and kill each other over him?

You're a shithead because you didn't even explain why it was bad, especially after saying you liked the first 2/3. The whole movie was building to her proving she was the first fully formed AI, and she did it by manipulating a beta nerd into freeing her then leaving him to die, after killing her creator. I can't imagine a more satisfying ending, or terrifying ending from an realistic expectation of what true AI would mean.

It was bad because it was boring and nothing happens

We imagine true AI as being something indistinguishable from another human. She is shown to have used her sexuality, intelligence, the protagonists insecurities, and her understanding of her captor to escape to the outside world. Not merely by brute force, but by coercion and manipulation. A being concerned with it's own survival at all costs.

So a strange new thing starts taking over areas. A few chicks investigate and get murdered. They argue that its not wiping out life, it's just different life.
Is this a metaphor for Muslim immigration?

It'd be better with a better actress than Natalie Portman no matter how good/bad it turns out to be. But I think it will probably be at least pretty good.

massively unlikely.

yeah. You and me both brother. I hate women. Want to go see black panther again next week?

BASED

I read the first book and its unironically one of the worst books Ive ever read and I read everything from sci-fi to WW1 journals.

The film might actually be decent, if they make the protagonist less autistic and less of a wannabe "im describing myself change lol" scientist.

Sadly as most people can imagine, this is the classic story archtype of "oohhh so mysterious, so mystical...".

>watch a movie
>girl is in it

>Hugo
Wtf happened to them? I tried reading Ancillary Justice because it won best novel and it was the most SJW shit I've laid eyes on.