So what the fuck happened here? 10 years ago they were throwing out one great show after another...

so what the fuck happened here? 10 years ago they were throwing out one great show after another, nowadays you don't hear much about them. or maybe because we are being flooded with shows now. any HBO show worth watching?

Also list great HBO shows:

>The Sopeanos
>The Wire
>Band of Brothers
>Rome
>Deadwood
>Six Feet Under
>Generation Kill

Game of Thrones

stopped watching in the middle of season 6. couldn't be bothered anymore. shit show based on decent books that the fat prick won't finish.

Battlestar galactica

You haven't seen the latest sexy series my go- I mean guy? It's very progressive

>The Wire
Top cuck

They started going downhill after The Sopranos and The Wire ended in 2007 but to be fair their 2000s lineup was too much of a tough act to follow

If they didn't have GoT they would've faded into irrelevance years ago

might give that a try though I'm not a fan of space shit other than Star Wars

>mfw I just realized it has literally been seven years since the last book
lmao

Unironically this. They sunk so much cash into GoT that they're going to be hitched to it until it's finished. Once they're done milking GoT I think they'll pivot to producing more dramas, trying to avoid netflix/amazons monopoly on trashy pg13 series/films. Considering that netflix produces 100 shit marvel spinoffs/ bad sci fi films a month, HBO will focus on more adult dramas, since netflix has such strict content restrictions.

>decent books
they're shit and continued to get worse. no wonder the fat fuck is struggling so much to tie it all up and finish.

I liked True Blood

FX is overtaking them on adult dramas
HBO is nothing without GoT which is why they're now banking on GoT spinoffs to keep them afloat

why? because it's heavily based on the black community? that doesn't make it bad, it's still top notch kino. the drama, the stories, the acting.
it's not like black panther where they had to think of an imaginary successful african country because something like that will never ever exist lmao

There's only one GoT spinoff planned, no?

The Leftovers

Crashing is really good if you're into comedy and the struggle of a stand-up.

HOME

what have they actually got in the works?

Big Little Lies
True Detective
Room 104
Animals.

They still produce great shows.

Where is fucking Oz?
Jesus fucking Christ OP

>they're shit
>but I still read all 5000 pages
lol

And how THE FUCK could I forget The Leftovers.

They are still on their game.

Big Little Lies was great
a lot of estrogen but hey, that's nice sometimes
the end got me hard

There are up to five of them in consideration right now, all of them prequels to the main ASOIAF/GOT story, and SOMEHOW they thought it would be a good idea for absolutely none of them to be about Robert's Rebellion. Apparently GRRM is writing two books right now that are basically just him jerking off over the history of the Targs or something?

Realistically, we'll probably get one within a few years after Game of Thrones ends and the others depend on whether that gets popular.

You also forgot Westworld

Business USP co-opted by Netflix and Amazon, aesthetic co-opted by everyone to varying degrees of success.

Thank you user.
See.... they are literally overwhelming us with quailty every year.

HBO > Showtime > AMC

ten years before they were the best thing on TV they were making crap like dream on, tales from the crypt, and a whole host of shit no one remembers.

not hbo

never seen it. guess I missed something?

Crashing
Silicon Valley

Their big bet is Asimov's Foundation Series, which is far along in development, under the Nolans. It will cost more than GoT

They have five GoT spin offs in development, two of which will be greenlit. The GoT Jews are leaving HBO for Star Wars though, since HBO cold dropped their Modern Black Slavery series.

Sharp Objects debuts this year. Early footage is wicked strong. Like Gone Girl meets True Detective.

There are rumblings Fincher's Utopia may happen, all 12 scripts are written, but without Fincher.

I wish they had not killed Vinyl. I loved that show

No one mentions Vice Principals or The Deuce. Deuce is better than pretty much any HBO drama ever. And Vice Principals is amazing.

I enjoyed The Deuce, but I felt like it lacked direction. whole show felt kinda aimless.

>we don't hear much about them
because they make propaganda trash just like every other channel nowadays.

vice principals was the last good show they had, and that was legit years ago.

The only actually good HBO shows are:
>Sopranos
>Vice Principals
>The Leftovers
>Generation Kill
>The Pacific

you forgot John Adams faggot

>FX is overtaking them on adult dramas
The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Justified and Tyrant are better than every HBO show but The Sopranos.

Oh and I forgot True Detective S2.

The Leftovers was incredible, gave me faith that HBO are not done.

Armond White is that you?

I like that lineup

Carnivale is not mentioned in this thread yet, but it's also great

Also they had some good comedy adaptations of previously existing properties:
The Flight of the Conchords
The Ricky Gervais Show

operative word being forgot

Hating The Wire is as edgy as it gets.