Oh that outcast that had a rough childhood? turns out he's the chosen one, king in the north...

>oh that outcast that had a rough childhood? turns out he's the chosen one, king in the north, and trueborn legitimate heir to the throne

wow, how original. GRRM you fucking hack.

are there any (good) fantasy tv series or movies that don't use this stale as fuck trope?

>Implying book Jon isn't Neds son

Even more ironic that GRRM wanted to avoid this trope

He didn't want to avoid anything. The whole series is just his fapfiction that his degenerate wank buddies convinced him to tidy up a bit and publish.

there are none

>Thinking the book plot and the show plot are the same thing.

He didn’t have a rough childhood at all. He had a cushy childhood that was hardly less privileged than that of the trueborn Stark children, which is why he’s so whiny and entitled once he goes off to the Night’s Watch.

I have read all the books but still do not understand how Rhaegar and Lyanna's marriage worked.
Since when is their divorce in Westeros? What reason did Elia and Rhaegar have for divorcing? Has anyone else ever divorced so hastily?
It would have been better to make him Rhaegar's son, but still a bastard.
This divorce and second marriage nonsense feels like it opens plotholes.

>Im not afriad of anything
>Oh shit a skeleton, I just shat my pants, now Im never leaving the sea again

I just watched this show for the first time this weekend.

IT IS SO FUCKING BORING

SJW always ruins everything

>tfw looking forward to The Witcher but also dreading it because of this shit and Ciri.

I don't understand why the fatass would take this route. It's so fucking lame that it came to this.

>t. Soyboi

Annulment =/= Divorce. Westeros is a society where divorce isn't seen as an option. However, a marriage can be annulled if it is unconsummated or if the High Septon is bribed well enough. Rhaegar.

The books are a little more consistent that than show

>that his degenerate wank buddies convinced him to tidy up a bit

Who are they? Is it too late to stop them so he can publish his last two books with a proper and true ending?

But the first two seasons are actually good.

Stannis will win in the book series

75% of season one was good, 50% of season two and 25% of season three, and everything after that was 100% trash

I remember all those years way back people were saying this shit would never happen, that he wasn't some super extra snowflake who gets everything and Dany would come to Westeros and fall in love with him. He's so special, he even heals her dead womb. He just needs to walk on water now.

>rough childhood
>dad loves you
>all siblings except for one love you
>get all the clothing, education, food, etc. that any noble brat would have
>spend childhood playing pranks in one of the comfiest castles with your bro
>people in winterfell generally like and respect you
>but your dad's wife is cold and trying to ignore you, and the queen would be offended if she was seated near a bastard during a feast, so you had to sit outside once
How harrowing.

I liked it better in Lord of the Rings

The annulment is probably the show's way of tying up that problem in a tidy, easy way to show in a single scene. Just like how Griff has clearly been rolled into Dany's character in the show.

You can assume these storylines will be much more complex in the books

No one walks away from me

but GRRM didn't write any of that, that was all DABID's doing

>not playing 4D aquanaut chess to set it up so only you and the hot dragon slut are the only humans alive so you can repopulate the world with what will surely be a complete harem of mentally deranged Viseryses

>jon turns out to be super special
I HATE THIS
>GRRM pulls the rug from under our feet, jon becomes nothing at the end in the books, even becomes a villain
I HATE THIS

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but GRRM did give them the basic storyline because he's a fat, lazy fuck and couldn't finish his own story in time. But, when you're 70 and you've made 15 million off your degenerate, pedo fanfiction, I guess you've earned the right to be lazy.

That’s just being too harsh and contrarian. Everything up to season 5 was very well done. After that? I enjoyed a lot of 6, but it’s not done particularly well.

>>oh that outcast that had a rough childhood? turns out he's the chosen one, king in the north, and trueborn legitimate heir to the throne
Yeah, that hasn't happened in the books. He got killed because he is a dumb faggot.

i like you OP. you and i share this sentiment.
i'm really tired of the whole hero's journey protag starts from humble beginnings shit...it's so fucking unoriginal. i get that it's a powerful archetype but the jews have gone too far with using it in everything.

> thinking it will not be
JUST let it go man, it was good for what it was and while it lasted but there's no case anymore

>Everything up to season 5 was very well done

Oh boy, I sure do love them destroying Robb's character for a typical noble/peasant love story.

>the massive twist is the honorable do-gooder Jon's shitty genes kicking in, he goes mad and burning down KL, Jaime kills him reminiscent to the Mad King
Honestly how would normies react

Either way it comes down to Rhaegar and Lyanna having a legitimate marriage.
It seems like a convenient deus ex machina to me. There is no precedent for it and it is never even brought up as a possible thing you can even do in this world.

my pleb understanding from the show is that they got hurrrr durrr married ***in secret*** and the baby was had ***in secret*** so that's why no one knows about it and therefore jon's a bastard because it was never a publicly known event that they were married and that he was born to them. so he's a bastard because nedd's word was that he was a bastard, same as how everyone believed the account of how nedd won the sword battle with the greatest fucking swordsman at the time. at the end of the day it was nedd trying to protec baby jon that led him to convincing everyone it was nedd's bastard son and not the son of the targs and his slutty sis.

why is there even discussion of divorce or annulment in this thread, wtf.

>It seems like a convenient deus ex machina to me

Because it is. It's more generic fantasy love story garbage. Instead of presenting Rhaegar as a lunatic asshole that destroyed his family and plunged the kingdom into war, or as a madman so obsessed with prophecy that he kidnapped and raped Lyanna, we get a nice and convenient love story. He can't be painted in a negative light because he's so closely related to the "main" characters and they're suppose to parallel him and Lyanna.

>Everyone says he looks like Ned.
>Catelyn asks about Ashara. Ned angrily responds never to talk about him.
>He parrots things Ned says. Even things he never heard ned say before.
>He gets a dire wolf, the same as the other trueborn Starks.
>Still falling for the completely obvious R+L=J meme, that anyone can see from a mile way. Even though the book is practically begging you to think this is true.
>Being this stupid, and acting like you're smarter than the writer.

Yeah I don't know why bran kept emphasizing he was in love liked it changes everything. Like who gives a fuck? We're just gonna ignore he left his first wife and kids with his crazy dad so he could run off and marry somebody else while disinheriting his other kids and getting all those innocents killed?

Also he has no dragon dreams

Careful now or I'll HONOOOOOOAR you again!

no, he's not. he's still lyanna and rhaegar's son in the books.

Yeah, he's Ashara's son.

proof?

read the fucking books

Fuck Tolkien
Fuck Lord of Plebs
Fuck Plebbit
Fuck Drumpf

>brainlets think Jon is Ned's son

How Stannis will become king in ASOIAF
>Stannis will defeat Ramsey Bolton & the Freys soldiers with the help of the Manderly soliders, by using his already setup trap of the ice lake.
>King Stannis will fake his death to Trojan Horse himself into Winterfell and defeat Roose Bolton, take him captive and complete his plan to take back the North.
>After King Stannis realize his pink letter scheme didn't work to get Jon Snow back to Winterfell, to then become lord (base on Jon Snow still being out of order).
>Davos will arrive in time to bail King Stannis out with Rickon Stark and stamp King Stannis and Fat Manderly Alliance.
>King Stannis will then make Fat Manderly Warden of The North, until Rickon Stark (who'll be Fat Manderly new ward) come of age. Manderly will also marry Rickon to his granddaughter.
>King Stannis will buy Manderly fleet of ships he badly needs and Manderly badly need to sell.
>He will head back to Storms End to get the Golden Company to betray Aegon Blackfyre and join him, before he imprison Aegon.
>After that King Stannis will take his campaign to Old Town and the Reach to save them from Euron and stop his rampage on the south. After King Stannis finsh off Euron (kill him) and take his Valyrian steel armor for himself. King Stannis will give the Iron Island to Asha Greyjoy and his own man Ser Justin Massey.
>Next King Stannis will make quick work of the Freys in the River Land and basically united majority of the realm under him, before Tommen dies and all the realm have to bend the need to him anyway.
>Also King Stannis will go back to Dragonstone and start mining for dragon glass to armed his army for the Long Night.
STANNIS!
STANNIS!
STANNIS!

How about you read the books
>Jon looks like Ned
>Acts like Ned
>Jon is a powerful warg like the rest of Neds kids
>Has dreams of the crypts of winterfell
Also ned hasn't thought about rhaegar in years how can that be possible if R+L=J

the first couple of minutes of game of thrones were good, with that bit of the patrol getting killed
also, parts with sean bean are pretty good and maybe some parts with ciaguy
EVERYTHING else is trash

jon ends up marrying aunt danerys and together they rule over the 7 kingdoms

>Not Urine Gaytoy
Drowned god of golden showers.

>4d chess
>that move that was explained 10 minutes after the scene happened, and in retrospective (a very close retrospective, as it happened 10 fucking minutes ago) it still seen as a cowardly move
>that's 4d chess

t. brainlet

Come on, that was the first thing GRRM asked D&D. He's Rhaegar's son. Deal with it.

Post yfw Jaqen get’s his own pov in twow.