Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
strawpoll.me/15102516
youtube.com/watch?v=UnPUF8an-XE
youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8
youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_V_krgE0jJo
twitter.com/pauljmcgann
reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/7ymyzq/what_fanseries_are_you_looking_forward_to_during/
curiouscat.me/NilsoWho
curiouscat.me/NeoCloister
curiouscat.me/CloisterWraith
curiouscat.me/lymmy
curiouscat.me/elgatodocecolas
curiouscat.me/Ingiga
curiouscat.me/mastergrade
curiouscat.me/murderditch
curiouscat.me/ThreeAlex
curiouscat.me/BunkBedBen
curiouscat.me/GallifImmigrant
curiouscat.me/NateBumber
curiouscat.me/GarethFanboi
youtube.com/watch?v=cRUk5mNMQ0w
youtube.com/watch?v=WgG5V7LWaGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FTFY

OK, nerd

That's not the Warner Doctor

hooray for Tennant threadz

That's not youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd

Reminder to fill in the Important Polio about /who/res' usage of Cred Forums
strawpoll.me/15102516
strawpoll.me/15102516
strawpoll.me/15102516

Good night, sweet prince. Walk amongst us nevermore.

10xRose xx *o* ~~.~

Vale Aurum ;~;7

Time and the Rani is objectively a 6.5/10

do we have any actual reason to believe the new logo will be shown to the public this week?

My honest opinion on Time and the Rani is youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

I actually agree with that somewhat.

the BBC showcase normally reveals all the branding shit. In Doctor Who, that means the logo for sure. Also Ed Russel used to be in charge of all that stuff, and he said if he was gonna reveal the logo, the BBC showcase is when he'd do it. I wouldnt believe Ed on everything, but this is actually his job so I dont think theres a reason to disbelieve him either

So what really caused interest in NuWho to wane? The breaks? Casting Peter Capaldi? Boredom?
Discounting things such as "The WritingTM"

Slower and less action packed stories.

oogleh doctor
controversial companion
piss poor marketing

Endless waiting around for series didn't help

le reddite meme face

The breaks mostly, but the polarising season 8 probably didn't help either.

>I'll definitely get this annoying new tripfag to go away by supplying him with constant attention!

nth for Jodie.

It takes him less than 30 seconds to respond to my posts, his dedication is pretty cute

Fuck You!

>obsessed with a girl from a fan film
>had amental breakdown because he was getting bullied by fucking Judy
>has to take off his trip and samefag because he knows that nobody will defend him besides the tripfags
Is Lymerence the most pathetic trip on /who/

her wonder is false

No one responded last time, why would you repost

Nah. He's the 5th most pathetic.

It's called "acting", champ

yeah because doctor who is a fictional character

Series 7 was really fucking bad, especially 7a. The 50th Anniversary and Time of the Doctor might've saved it, but Series 8 just wasn't that exciting after those 2 specials. Add in the year long gap after Series 9, the stupid looking superhero in NYC christmas special before Series 10, and then just shitty marketing for series 10 in general, and people kinda lost interest. I think with Chibnall and Jodie they might be able to recapture the spark that was there with Series 5-6, but who knows.

I don't think Peter being an older Doctor was the leading cause. People hated Smith before Series 5 since he was replacing Tennant, too young, and looked like a fucking foot, but he won over 99% of the audience by the end of The Eleventh Hour. Capaldi running around like a retard in Victorian London in his first episode was just starting off on the wrong foot. Introducing a new character with them acting out of character for 75 minutes is just stupid.

The agenda pushing was just way too obvious
The breaks were killers, just fucking lazy
People still sore about female Doctor (because even before it was announced, a lot of people felt it was headed that way)

>muh agenda pushing

if you say so.

Who was the memest Doctor ?
I would say Peter Dab-inson

logo WHEN

t. 2odastream

You're damn right.

>Introducing a new character with them acting out of character for 75 minutes
But he's in character by the time he mugs the homeless man for his coat, which is far sooner than that.

Jack was fun and silly and so it was palatable. The stuff lately is just judgemental and depressing. You can't say that Jack being a crazy guy that'll smiling and fucks anything is the same as the newer stuff. Nothing about Bill being gay or any of the "messages" felt like they wanted to inspire you so much as shame you.

Clearly Sylvester MemeCoy

This really frizzles my curly's
> leggo's are cool!

Capaldi

YOU
JUST
KNOW

It took him too long to find his interpretation, or at least to sell it. Yeah, he was kinda in character at the end, but he wasn't memorable. 10 and 11 pretty much had you sold on who they were by the end of the first episode, and they stood out. Capaldi's doctor felt muddy for a long time.

It does make the episode a lot better on a rewatch though.

>The nu-tranny doctor will be a load of hogwash. Regardless of how good the actress is it's just simple tokenism having a woman play a man.

>Every time I see her/it as the doctor I become depressed and sad that something as iconic as this show has been ruined by drug addicted manginas. I can't even look at the original series anymore or even the past nuwho without thinking that HE is actually a SHE. I loved this show for 30years and now I can't watch ANY of it anymore. This show used to make me feel alive and excited about science and history, about space and adventure, something that was so enjoyable that I would share it with my friends and family. It's all over, I can't even bring myself to watch anything to do with it this year because of the transgenderness of it all. No amout of shilling by the tripcodes on this site will change how I feel. It's such a shame that people are rejoicing about making me miserable and calling me names because of it. Nasty and unnecessary all because I have not been brainwashed by politics. It's not fair that the makes of "entertainment" are so thrilled at destroying something that was a little piece of happiness in my world. This show will never be the same and I will never be the same.

I'm still amazed this never became copypasta

Political correctness
Fewer epic scope stories.
Lack of characters dying
Clunky writing.

Despite it being good pasta, I think it actually hit's home for too many people who do feel let down by it.

>mfw The Writing-posters always flock to whenever someone asks "why did NuWho wane in popularity" because they think their idiotic catalogue of complaints applies to the entire populace

>Political correctness
you know fully well that's not the reason, no-one gives a fuck

She looks like that little girl with down syndrome running that used to be in memes

8 in Heaven Sent, how do you feel? And what doctor do you feel could also pull this episode off?

But it's so amazingly over-the-top.
>I can't even look at the original series anymore or even the past nuwho without thinking that HE is actually a SHE.
>the transgenderness of it all
>No amout of shilling by the tripcodes on this site will change how I feel
>This show will never be the same and I will never be the same.
It's like a parody, except it's legit.

Unironically all the nuWho Doctors and 6, that's it.

1 would be interesting but I can't see what he'd hold out that long for other than Susan? 2 through 4 are similar, but I can sort of see 5/8/9/10/11 doing it. 7's a real wildcard.

Clunky what?

Some obscure spoilers of RTD's Rose novelisation. Quote from gb:

"Oh my god Jenny Colgan just mentioned that RTD’s novelization of Rose includes references to subsequent Doctors, including post-Whitaker Doctors, one of whom is a black woman and I didn’t quite catch the next thing she said but I think it was a non-binary child?"

Nice bait.

I thought Russell hated the idea of a female Doctor?

>ywn get capaldi but with good writing

Not disagreeing. Just saying I think people start reading it and before laughing get pissed at the gender swap so the pasta never has the full effect.

Oh boy, can't wait for someone to take a pic of that page and see it get spammed for eternity

Someone tell Hoodie quick. His meltdown will be hilarious.

I mean just compare the trailers for Series 5/6 and Series 8:
youtube.com/watch?v=UnPUF8an-XE
youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8
youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y

The first 2 are great, they show you all the variety the show offers and are generally just super exciting trailers. Series 8's trailer on the other hand is just vague and generic. Series 9's trailer also had the line "I'm the Doctor. And I save people." as it's climax which is just so flaccid it undermines everything before that line.

NON CANON

Oh boy.

So what? They are as canon as The Curator or better yet Merlyn

But Edge, it's "inclusive"!

I love the idea of a female doctor but a non-binary is just taking it too far for me.

I for one, CANNOT SEE: 1, 2, 5, 6, war, 9, or 10 being able to do it with the same passion that the doctors i have not listed have.

>post yfw Jodie bombs hard and we never, ever get a non male Doctor again

kino

Target books have always been non-canon, so no worries.

how would that even make sense in a Rose novelization?

> oh my

I love 3 but let's be honest, he'd find a shortcut

They definitely lost all concept of how to sell the show at some point. They didn't know or understand what audience they were even trying to target, let alone how to get people interested in what the show was actually doing.
"Born to save the universe"? I mean what the fuck does that have to do with anything in Series 9?

Oh no no no, 451. You've tainted enough things with your photoshop atrocities, but you do NOT touch the face of Capaldi.

>he wasn't memorable
>that diner scene
>that scene where he leaves clara
>that broom speech
>that ending where he stares into the camera
>implying

Far more memorable than Tennant literally sleeping the entire episode.

>non-binary

So like 10 and 11? Nothing new on this side

Fuck I miss him now.

several >'s

rtdfags btfo

#SaveJudy

Result!

Could they have chosen a worse actress?

Daily reminder that 10 has most likely taken Jack's dick in the ass at least once

if paul gets back into the role, how long would he stay? What type of media would it be? (mini-sode, ads, full series, etc) and lastly, do you want him back?

Pearl mackie

Olivia Colman or Tilda Swinton

Do people really hate the idea of the Doctor as a being who could take any shape but still have the same essence, as opposed to strictly an orderly line-up of Victorian gentlemen?

olivia coleman

Lyle Merrence

Straight men shouldn't write gayness, ever, is the point. They fuck it up because they're pieces of shit.

That's not actress, that's a faggot

>goat costume
>goat actress
>goat bradley walsh
>goat chibnall

series 11 will literally be kino

/who/ can whine and moan all they want but it will be the most popular era of nuwho

You're a piece of shit.

it's funny that people are more outraged by "non-binary" than "child"

But how would that be bombing?

Die

>goat chibnall

showrunner of torchwood and bradochurch both extremely popular shows

Hes 12, he cannot be it

16 is legal in the uk

Torchwood became popular after Chibnall left

We already had Matt Smith.

Critickino in the stream.

>miracle day
>popular

rtd literally killed it

I would take a miniseries, 5-10 60min episodes with a running storyline, set in his Time War era. For people who like the idea of Doctor Who, but want something that fits more with today's popular SFF dramas - dark, gorgeous, full of twists and compulsive mystery, plus a strong ensemble cast. Short and to the point.

I puor myself a glass of brandy every night every night trying to forget that Tom Ellis didn't become the new Doctor after all.

god you are such a poor stream user

Disgusting

Actually is legal almost everywhere in europe, but only if they are both underage

>Implying everything I add isn't GOAT.

which lymerence definitely is

I missed you

Kill the /who/. It's not worth saving.

Olivia Colman is a great actor but it'd be just like casting Martin Freeman as the Doctor, i.e. not good

what non-Breaking the Wall piece of Doctor Who music are you the most upset about being unreleased? Mine is the one from the end of Name of the Doctor that was also in Amy's Choice but for some reason was never put on either the Series 5 or 7 OSTs
youtube.com/watch?v=_V_krgE0jJo

Less people watching TV overall, plus dissatisfaction with Moffat's Series 7 writing, and the shock of a not-audiencefriendly Doctor.

It was also in The Beast Below and The Curse of the Black Spot.
A lot of the recurring cues like that don't seem to get put on the soundtracks.

"Don't"

>Finally getting Series 9 soundtrack after 3 years
>Marigold leaving confirmed
>we'll literally never get the Series 10/TUAT soundtrack now
FUCK

I can't watch Doctor Tranny any more. I just can't The whole thing is disgusting to me.

I don't think him leaving as Who composer means he's barred from releasing the soundtrack, m8

If anything this means he'll have more time to work on releasing the soundtrack.

I'll watch it while masturbating

A Marigold best of package would be nice.

stop being so traumatised in your soul that a fictional alien entity now has both male and female incarnations, it has nothing to do with your hated transgenders, you are just triggered by the idea of femaleness you giant gay twat

How is this a logical chain of events

You're out of touch
I'm out of time
But I'm out of my head when you're not around

The unreleased tracks would be nicer

because if he's no longer involved with the music at ALL he's not going to be involved with the soundtrack releases. He couldn't even get an album together for 3 years while he was still working on the show (and even had a year off!), why would he suddenly be able to release 1-2 albums now?

Hayley Atwell

If they released a Marigold Best of/Unreleased tracks with the first half being a greatest hits and the second half being unreleased music from the past 13 years it'd genuinely be the best selling DW soundtrack release since Series 5

>because if he's no longer involved with the music at ALL he's not going to be involved with the soundtrack releases.
He already composed the music, dude. He doesn't have to go into some secret little room where only the current Who composer is allowed

Because he isn't working on new music and doesn't have a new child

this is what needs to happen

I dunno if they'd be able to fit all the unreleased tracks on a single disc, it would have to be separated by series.

The Series 1/2 release is missing a lot of tracks, and it's really unfortunate.

well it wouldn't have to be EVERY unreleased track, just the best/most wanted ones from Series 1-10. How many discs are the soundtracks normally? and how many tracks are on each disc?

Most compilation CDs I've seen have around 22 tracks on a disc.

Can I please ask people to not lump me in with this type of user? I'm not looking that forward to Chibs/Jodie but fucking hell, I don't feel like this.

>"THERE'S TENS OF US. DOZENS EVEN."

Ok cletus

Does anybody have that analysis of Heaven Sent as an allegory for grief that was written by one of the trips? - would be much appreciated

Seconding this as well as the "what if 10 regenerated into 11 at the end of The Stolen Earth" story someone here wrote

Heaaven Sent is an allegory for grief becuase it is very sad. Doctor Who is a very sad man after Clara died and now he is angry as well. The castle is like his sadness because he is in it and he is sad. Every time the veil (a simile of Clara) kills him it's like he is sad again for Clara. When he sees the painting of Clara he is also sad. When he gets out to Gallifrey it's like the grief is over but he is still angry cos he looks angry at the end.

I just really want the tracks for the girl in the fireplace and school reunion ree

twitter.com/pauljmcgann
wait McGann is back on twitter?

This is beautiful and greatly sums ip the usefulness of tripfags. Gold star, user. I cried a little reading it.

Shut up. Cuntsmear.

He did a reddit ama. That's not actually his, he doesn't know who did it and he doesn't care since it's not active.

People didn't enjoy series 8, so they didn't tune in for the next. There was a 1 mil audience drop between s8 and s9, and another drop of about 1 mil throughout s10, as people seemingly just lost interest in the middle of it. Don't get me wrong, I like s8 and most of s10, but looking at the numbers this isn't an issue of series gaps or promotion (in fact, s9 was the only Moffat series to air in its entirety one year after the previous one, and it lost the most viewers), it's an issue of people not really enjoying what they're seeing.
To know exactly why this happened, you'd need to ask a sizable sample of people who dropped the show, we can but speculate. 12's characterization might have played a part, but I don't think a show about a sometimes abrasive old man who's smarter than everyone is intrinsically repulsive, look at how successful House MD was.
Yes, I think the writing was a big part. "Writing" being a broad umbrella term that covers the kind of stories that were told and the way they were told. The style of the era, if you will, although I don't think that term does it justice since it's as much about substance as about style. I think we all istinctively know what the style of the Capaldi era was, though it would take a long post to explain it, and I think that style overall resonated with people less than the previous ones. This isn't intrinsically good or bad, it's just something I think happened.

I still haven't gotten around to watching Series 10 aside from the finale yet. It just looks meh to me. Series 8 had the Missy mystery, a new Doctor, and a really strong first half. Series 9 had Davros, the Zygon two-parter, and dat fucking finale to get hype over. Series 10 just has the finale.

Still felt muddy.
And even though Tennant was asleep most of it, he sold you on his Doctor in the few minutes he was awake at the end.

Well they tried to build up a mystery with the vault, but it was pretty obvious what they were doing with it. The Mummy 3-parter started off as potential god-tier with a GOAT first part, but the second two were complete shit. I think it was worth a watch, aside from mummy 2-3, Empress of Mars, and whatever the fuck that Survival writer did with the light things (seriously you get one writer back from classic Who and you pick the person that wrote cat master? The fuck is that about moff?)

I'm not a "soul crushed" baby, but it's a fair thing to say one is not interested in a show anymore because they changed a defining aspect of the character. He may not have been human, but there was always a weird fatherliness to him. They messed that up now. So to me it just sucks. But no, no souls traumatized here.

Different user, I've actually never seen any Capaldi episodes after the middle of his first season. Just sort of lost track of it. What IS the Capaldi era style? I remember being super excited that we were going to get a weird old man again, but I never actually followed up on it. How did it go? What sort of feel does this era have?

I think the damage Moffat has done is beyond repair.

That's what they said about JNT. And RTD...

Nope. JNT and RTD left the show in a state of glory. Season 26 was a masterpiece in storytelling and Series 4 was NuWho at it's peak popularity. Moffat has left the show in ruins and now we're left with a female doctor who's ladybrain can't understand the role.

Season 25 was also really up there.

Maybe after it's cancelled next year this idiotic show will finally stay dead.

Boardies are in full force today.

The "Capaldi style" is incisive character commentary, along with serious questions concerning identity, and what it means to be the Doctor. Overall, just a general focus on character drama, and also how the character's struggles relate to the plot.

Part of the weirdness is that Series 8, Series 9, and Series 10 are rather different in terms of style, with Series 10 actually being the most conventional (and it's a good jumping on point), before veering back into character-drama kino in the last few eps.

Seriously? That sounds pretty good.

Hallmarks of the Capaldi years in contrast to Smith/Tennant's:
- Longer scenes, more dialogue, more stories resolved by talking rather than fiddling with the gizmo
- More brutality/graphic horror, more depressing/existentially bleak concepts, darker humour
- More moral conflict between Doctor and companion (mostly in Clara's case), Doctor's beahaviour is more volatile
- More reverent treatment of select returning antagonists e.g. the Master, Davros, Original Cybermen
- More thematic emphasis on death and grief
- Smaller-scale running storylines; no threats to the integrity of the entire universe
- More political subtext and sometimes text

Wrong. Series 8 was an attempt at character drama that failed horribly and the following seasons were terrified backpedalling.

So it's the NAs minus Ace shagging everyone she meets?

>More political subtext and sometimes text
always text

To a degree, yes.

Yeah, it's really good! If you expect it, it'll probably go down better; the first viewers sort of got a shock.

This post summarizes it rather well.

Speaking broadly, a more serious, less out-and-out "fun" style, though of course there are still fun episodes.
It's also more interested in exploring some themes that other eras wouldn't get into. I think in some ways Peter Harness is the most representative writer of the era compared to others, not because his episodes are average for the era but... You know that bit of the KTM copypasta that says something like "this is the first time you can see the new approach uncluttered of the old approach"? Funnily enough, I think it's true. His episodes are the ones where the differences between the Capaldi era and what came before are most obvious. The ambition, the attempts at exploring grown-up themes and character dilemmas... and also the things that work less well.

The character drama worked very well for me, and I'm sorry it didn't work well for you.

Also, both Series 9 and 10 (moreso S10) do this thing where it looks like it'll be less of a character drama, and then the finales veer straight back to character-drama eps.

>Funnily enough, I think it's true.

Kill the Moon is sort of the lynch pin to Clara and Twelve's changing relationship, and has effects as far down as Thin Ice, with how Twelve treats Bill.

Also minus the prostitutes, semen, (most of the) swearing, the drugs, and the blowing up entire universes.

If you slotted Series 8's finale among the VNAs, nobody would bat an eyelid (all mankind in existential hell, PTSD veteran meets the child he shot dead, suicidal Clara), but I think the more instructive comparison is actually in structure.
Despite being fairly sweet and cuddly, Listen feels almost VNA-ish purely because it finds space within one story to move across three distinct mini-arcs, each with their own setting. So by the end it feels like you've gone on a journey of almost similar scope to what you'd find in a book like Left-Handed Hummingbird, despite only 45 minutes having passed. Each of the three mini plots feels bigger and deeper than it really is because they revolve around big, immersive, dialogue-driven scenes (Rupert's bedroom; the time ship at night; the barn).

>subtext
where

I wish we got more episodes like Listen desu

True, but I find that Twelve handles things very differently than Seven. Twelve doesn't really have a "plan within plans" sort of manipulatory ability, and in fact is rather spontaneous. He occasionally lies to his companions, but not as much as you'd think, and he has no illusions about the "greater good".

I don't. Celebrate it's uniqueness.

from Cred Forums

"Was passed this by a friend of mine. Thought i'd post it on here cos its pretty cool.
Doctor Who is to undergo a re-brand next year for 'Series X', which films this year and is due to air next March.
Their plans for the future are going to be 'revealed to the world' on Feb 2nd. The announcement will include:
-Confirmation on the new companion
-New sleek, minimalist logo
-Photos of new TARDIS set under construction
-Confirmation on new episode format (10x Hour long episodes)"

Ah, this brings back memories.

Official List of VNA LEVEL DARK Capaldi Episodes

Into the Dalek
Kill the Moon (of course)
Mummy on the Orient Express
Dark Water/Death in Heaven
The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
Face the Raven
Heaven Sent
Oxygen
Extremis
World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls

>tfw hoped this was real back in the day

Why would you put /who/ on that figure, when those are mostly opinions /who/ stridently decries and takes the piss out of anyone who holds?

>Dark Water/Death in Heaven
Disgusting, vile, horrid story. Truly sickening and should never have aired.

reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/7ymyzq/what_fanseries_are_you_looking_forward_to_during/
what did they mean by this?

It's an old pic i found in the archives

>Ugh... might have known. Fucking Cred Forums. Rich kids writing 'faggot' on the wall to look clever.

That's why it's VNA level dark.

t. Clayton Hickman/insert other member of fat middle aged gay Twitter circlejerk here

oh shit, did they google Foreman and find our wiki page on it? Mess

That really does describe that lot.

the wiki is incredibly easy to find. for a while it was the second result when you searched 'twice upon a time'.

I see...

As for 'Foreman' - I found that page you linked to after a google... The only thing worse than the description of it was the hateful comments others had left!

I don't know what I stumbled into but it's terrifying and I want to go back to not knowing about it! xxx

>10x Hour long episodes

>Googled "foreman fan series" and the wiki is the first result
>tried DuckDuckGo to see if removing biased search preferences makes much difference
>the wiki is still the 17th result on the first page
Man, we sure did that

wasn't that how whealan discovered the wikia?

by googling his own name, I assume

Don't act like that was an actual prediction of what we ended up getting. 10 hour-long episodes would have been a dream come true for me, but instead we're lumped with this 50 minute bullshit

CRACKING
NERDY
WHOVIAN
JOKES

Is this show even worth starting when there are like 50 seasons lol

or would people just watch from part way throgh

The only bit worth watching is Series 2-4 of the new series.

Most people start watching at the 2005 revival, which will be entering its 11th season this October.

>tfw you make a fake reddit account specifically to start a discussion about foreman but you don't realize that you need to put two new lines to count as one new line and fuck up the OP

why the fuck is reddit so shit? Why do they do that?

Ok I'm sold. I'm going to actually watch this stuff from start to finish now. If it's pigshit I'm going to be saddened.

It's pigshit. The average viewers dropped from 7m to 5m.

The only bits worth watching are Seasons 1-3, Season 13 and Seasons 25 and 26.

>fake reddit account
There is no such thing as a fake reddit account. Guarantee you will be using it as an unironic redditor within the year.

I made it in incognito mode with a fake email
why the fuck would I willingly become a redditor when you can have better discussion on Cred Forums?

Foreman audio FUCKING WHEN?????

>better discussion on Cred Forums?
it's kinda true but im still laughing

>I made it in incognito mode
...And what difference did you expect that to make, exactly

Some people like it, some people dislike it. His era has ups and downs like everyone, and Series 8 does have get uneven at time, but that's the price to more experimentation.

Make your own conclusions. Don't go off what I say, or what says.

Enjoy.

>yfw Moffat's chaos magick against Jillian Miles was so successful that he delayed the production of Foreman by three whole fucking YEARS

Doctor Who is dead.

as soon as I shut the window, I won't be logged in anymore
and I used one of the auto-generated usernames which I can't even remember

The Holy Trinity of Kino

>Maybe not - I just have visions of them all being clueless over-privileged straight white boys. Their kind of cruel irreverence usually goes hand in had with mummy and daddy’s cash

- /u/t0nkatsu on /who/res

>[/who/ is]closer to just a specific place on the television board of Cred Forums. They actually like Foreman, from what I know.

When the time comes, you won't WANT to shut the window.

you sure took a lot of precautions to prevent yourself from staying on reddit

Did his chaos magic also delay the audio all this time too? Moff giveth and he taketh away

just shut the window :^)

*skipkino

It's SavingsSlip. Happy redditing my friend.

lads you ever let your mind wander and remember that Jenna has nasty stinky diarrhea shits sometimes

why is r*ddit like this?
it's like the direct opposite of Cred Forums

Yep. They skip right over the rest of Who into the top 3 seasons spot.

which female companion has the biggest/smallest penis

I want to eat them straight from her asshole

start with the best (Eccleston)
skip the mess (Tennant)

because anyone on reddit who aligned with Cred Forums just migrated there during the 2016 election after all the controversies

have you ever let your mind wander and remember that Nardole has nasty stinky diarrhea shits sometimes

Nilso

your mom

Yep. The Tennant era sure does mess up any relevancy of every other era.

>mfw this is actually canon and was referenced in The Pilot

the show reboots every few years like comic books do. start with 2005 series 1, or start with 2010 series 5.

alternatively it is rebooting this year, and start with 2018: lady doctor era

>tfw neo has 600+ questions
>tfw the other trips have >200

Neo is everyone's favorite tripfag

cute! CUTE!

neo answers any shit you throw at him

I guarantee that if I had one I'd get a fair few messages, but I'm 2cool4skool like that

and a lot of people's least favourite which also builds up his questions

I hope to God that Neo had a nice day to himself

>t. Nilso

God I hope Neo fucking cucks himself.

>tfw I skipped most of tennant and smith and have only seen capaldi/eccleston in full

feels good lads

curiouscat.me/NilsoWho

*ruins your show*

t. dildo

>implying he wasn't cucked already

>skipping
Absolutely disgusting

A reminder that you can bully the trips:

>Neo
curiouscat.me/NeoCloister

>Cloister
curiouscat.me/CloisterWraith

>Lymerence
curiouscat.me/lymmy

>Cats
curiouscat.me/elgatodocecolas

>Ingiga
curiouscat.me/Ingiga

>Guy
curiouscat.me/mastergrade

>Edge
curiouscat.me/murderditch

>AAAlex
curiouscat.me/ThreeAlex

>Bunk Bed Ben
curiouscat.me/BunkBedBen

>Immigrant
curiouscat.me/GallifImmigrant

>n8
curiouscat.me/NateBumber

>gareth roberts fan (but not neo)
curiouscat.me/GarethFanboi

fuck off boardie

>skipping Series 5
literally god-tier television, wtf. Every episode is not only watchable but ranges from good to incredible. Same with the first half of Series 6

Add me to the list please.
curiouscat.me/NilsoWho

what's with the fucking costume

Post more cute Jodies

anyone who knows me knows I'm not doing CC

Who are you?

everyone's favourite tea maid

so Neo is confirmed for The Thin Ice poster?

it's fine but compared to the costumes of the other nuWho Doctors in their first series it's not the best, especially compared to Smith's tweed suit and Capaldi's kino coat.
>ywn experience the hype of Capaldi's casting again
>ywn freak out with /who/ after pic related was released
>all Doctor Who discussions from now on will involve beating back boardies and cleatus culling

Jodie supposedly came up with the ideas for it herself which were then turned into an outfit by the professional costume designer.
I would take this as an argument against giving the actor excessive creative control over the costume, although I have to suspect there was some weird executive mandate involved for them to suddenly veer so hard in the "JNT-esque fixed costume" direction despite supposedly modernising the show.

Reminder that I like the coat and hate everything else about the costume

Jesus, the way Capaldi says "...into darkness" still gives me a stiffy. WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST HAVE GONE ALL-IN WITH HIM BEING THE MOST INTENSE DOCTOR YET, I WAS SO READY.

>Same with the first half of Series 6
but the first half of S6 has the pirate episode and the ganger episodes

1 lil, 2 lil, 3 lil cremated alive bodies
4 lil, 5 lil , 6 lil radicalized Zygon leaders

I like all of the top half but I don't care for the trousers or socks
there's way too fucking many slightly different shades of blue

Because Capaldi is a jovial and sweet man who just wanted to be a kindly hero for the children. Stuff like the "children can hear your name" thing in his final speech was taken straight from Capaldi's headcanon. He never actually wanted to be 100% edgemeister.

10/10

I'm just patiently waiting for her 2.0 costume

will we see the S11 logo this week

>tfw it's gone midnight, it's now Tuesday in the UK, and still no logo
REEEEEEeEEEEEEE

who cares about a fucking logo?

me

That's actually why he's leaving. He wanted to be irascible yet kindly old 1st doctor because that's the version he grew up with, not weird and dark VNA 7th doctor.

It's like asking who cares about the new title sequence or the new theme music. It's part of the show!

>That's actually why he's leaving.
no he left cos he didn't want to be on board for the Chibwreck

Is that a clown costume?

who cares about fucking you

youtube.com/watch?v=cRUk5mNMQ0w

I just realised we will get a new official version of the Doctor Who theme this year, arranged by someone who isn't Murray Gold. For the first time since 2005. I feel like a fucking curse has been broken.

so who can we say is in the running to be the new composer

right now two names stick out to me who have been involved with the music of the show through various mediums as of recently: Blair Mowat and Joe Kraemer

the guy who did broadchurch

or fuck they could reinstate the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and have Mark Ayres do everything

he already said he's not doing it

This, Capaldi's costume ended up evolving to some pretty GOAT variants over the course of his run, I'm hoping for a similar situation for Jodie

It could be the guy who did the music for An Adventure in Space in Time.

have you spanked your tardis to jodie yet?

Kraemer's schedule is free with him not scoring the new Mission Impossible. I'm sure he'd say yes if asked

>I would take this as an argument against giving the actor excessive creative control over the costume

> I have to suspect there was some weird executive mandate involved for them to suddenly veer so hard in the "JNT-esque fixed costume"

Perhaps they just wanted to do something different than the "modern clothes" of the last few Doctors? I was getting tired of it myself--maybe Chibnall's crew were as well.

Part of JNT's problem was that he disregarded the actor's input, actually.

>you will never know the pure joy that welled up in Peter's heart when he got to play a side character in the reboot of his favorite childhood television show
>you will never know the unbelievable, childlike happiness of a 55 year old man getting that call that said, "yes, you WILL get to live out your boyhood dream and play the very role that sent you towards your career in acting."
>you will never see the soft tears well up in his eyes after he meets a little kid, no older than 8, looking up at him with that same sparkle in their eyes that he had all those years ago.
>you will never film you last scene thinking of that little kid
"Except children...children can hear it. If their hearts are in the right place, and the stars are too... children can hear your name.
youtube.com/watch?v=WgG5V7LWaGs

>my dad watched the first episode live when it first aired
>got me into the show around when Tennant was the Doctor
>watched all of nuWho together
>mfw watching the 50th anniversary realizing that we were watching the same show he watched exactly 50 years earlier

it was a weird feeling, but a good one nonetheless

>tfw you realise that fna's "spank tardis" comment was not a wanking euphemism but referring to a picture of a girl's arse with tardis underwear on

Did he still remember stuff like I.M. Foreman enough to recognise the visual homage at the start of Day?

What are we going to do about this epidemic of misogyny?

>Peter got to fight Daleks
>Peter got to fight the Master
>Peter got to fight Cybermen
>Peter got to play the guitar in character
>Peter got to fight Davros
>Peter got to fight Zygons
>Peter got to go to Gallifrey and fight Time Lords
>Peter got to fight Ice Warriors
>Peter got to fight 2 Masters and the M O N D A S I A N C Y B E R M E N
>Peter got to spend his last episode as a multi-doctor special with the First Doctor

Peter really got his dream, lads. and he gave us ours

he didn't get the Chumbleys though

yeah, I think we had rewatched An Unearthly Child a few weeks before so it was fresh in his mind but he probably would've still remembered it anyway since it's an iconic opening in the original episode.
>our faces when "All Thirteen!" followed by surprise Tom Baker

absolutely kino special desu, we take Moffat for granted for all he's given us

gotta save something for when he returns for the 75th Anniversary in 10 years

god please let him return
imagine him alongside an older Matt from Trenzalore

Let /who/ die.
No more threads.

shut up

LOOK AT THIS SMILE. IT MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS

Wrong. Chumbley's will be the series villain/arc for Big Finish's Twelfth Doctor Adventures.

>11 and 12 interacting with Clala
would b fun