How come Coco wasn't as successful as Black Panther?

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

Diversity
Strong family values
Shows that traditions are important to keep unity
Amazing score

All urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YBpErBtNWTg

Nathan Walker
Nathan Walker

there are more blacks than Hispanics in the world

Owen Martin
Owen Martin

lol

Mason Lee
Mason Lee

Because super hero films are what's hot now, so seeing a big studio take a chance on a big movie starring non-traditional stars is a big move. Coco is arguably a better movie, including the CG effects but animated movies aren't really big right now

Levi Peterson
Levi Peterson

probably too Mexishit focused for the typical Spicarooni

Wyatt Wilson
Wyatt Wilson

Hispanics don't grasp onto the fact they are Hispanic as much as the fact that blacks grasp onto the fact they're black.

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

because its not racist to not see coco

Carter Carter
Carter Carter

found the mutts

Jose Flores
Jose Flores

mexicans don't really give a fuck

Kayden Myers
Kayden Myers

it was successfull tho

Jose Thompson
Jose Thompson

Because its not the 400th episode of a shitty capeshit series

Kevin Cruz
Kevin Cruz

It is viewed as a kids movie because ofthe animation and rating. In the US at the very least, if you are an adult and watch animated things, you are viewed as a manchild because "cartoons are for children"
Black Panther has action, adventure, super heroes, and super villains. Coco had learning life lessons and singing and animation.

William Peterson
William Peterson

Movie made me cry for some reason lol. Only other movie I've cried to was Assassination of Jesse James

Tyler Thomas
Tyler Thomas

This reminds me of Book of Life.

Jonathan Morris
Jonathan Morris

diversity
all characters are mexicans

How is that diverse?

Elijah Cruz
Elijah Cruz

Not-white=diversity

Ethan Bennett
Ethan Bennett

what are you trying to prove?

Samuel Gonzalez
Samuel Gonzalez

That's what diversity is nowadays

Austin Robinson
Austin Robinson

Because Coco was all about the importance of family, family values, tradition, etc

The complete opposite of the NWO agenda that’s trying to use Black Panther to push black people into an uprising against Trump

Lincoln Flores
Lincoln Flores

Was a pretty endearing movie.

Anthony Diaz
Anthony Diaz

I asked my hispanic friends and they said it's because Coco is as generic as it gets for hispanic movies and that they'd rather have something that works as an actual story vs white people telling hispanics what their culture is.
Or something like that, it's been a while.

Anthony Jackson
Anthony Jackson

Because it's a cartoon and there's no respect for animation in the west. Oh and Coco had actual competition and Black Panther is up against nothing

Tyler Rivera
Tyler Rivera

It's not capeshit.

Jose Cruz
Jose Cruz

whiter than you ahmed

Daniel Davis
Daniel Davis

becasue pixar has been shit and really everyone hates spics

Adrian Ramirez
Adrian Ramirez

Latinos make their own movies about their culture. They don't need to wait for white people to make it for them like the Black Panther audience. They also don't believe myths about their history.

Ryder Torres
Ryder Torres

Is Disney just payed a pile of ""news"" websites and blue check mark faggots on twitter to say that Coco is "extremely important" then it would probably have been as popular. Marvel just had better advertisers

Easton Watson
Easton Watson

Hispanics don't grasp onto the fact they are Hispanic as much as the fact that blacks grasp onto the fact they're black.

This. Spics are chill and they dont care about SJW agenda as much a Eurotrash and Amerimutts.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts

Hispanic friends
Saying shit like that
Senpai we know damn well that they are 1/8th Hispanic and live in either Portland or Williamsburg.

Ayden Sanchez
Ayden Sanchez

Hisapnic people aren't insecure like darkies. We don't need some fairy tale to rally behind.

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

Because it wasn't capeshit. The real question is, how come JUSTice League wasn't as successful as Coco

Christopher Rivera
Christopher Rivera

Real Spics or x-americans? Cuz pretty much everyone I know here in Tacoland loved the shit outta the movie

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

I am surprised by this

I thought Ccoco woudn't do as well because JUSTice league

Aiden Watson
Aiden Watson

Chilefag here:
Afroamerican niggers need to be part of something bigger than them. They need conections to roots they dont have. Africa is an unknown concept for them.

As chilean, I cant feel identified by some mexican tale. I bet the same happens to brazilians, peruvian or argentinian people. we have diferent culture each one and mexico dont represent us at all.

Christian Wood
Christian Wood

Seriously? The spics I know love things like this.

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

Because in America, it's considered "a movie about white people."

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

msm media didn't give it weeks and weeks of free promotion or manipulate negative reviews of it

Connor Smith
Connor Smith

Hispanics don't really give a fuck about diversity. Its only blacks that whine about not being included into everything.

William Brooks
William Brooks

it wasn't manipulated by the msm

Grayson King
Grayson King

this

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

the coworker is Hispanic and owns a shitload of guns, rants about all the wetbacks sneaking into the country, and voted for trump

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

no one wants to watch faggy cinco de mayo Dreamworks shit

Luke Cruz
Luke Cruz

vs white people telling hispanics what their culture is
well, do your own goddamn animated movie you shitskins

Liam Moore
Liam Moore

release it on US Thanksgiving
not Day of the Dead

they fucked up

Nathaniel Gray
Nathaniel Gray

Coco was not giving out free tickets or free KFC at showings

Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith

Animated films are big with kids still. The issue was likely kid's tastes. Generally, kids don't have the same kind of agenda as parents. And parents can't force a kid to like something. It's like when they tried to force brussle sprouts on you.

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

This happened?

Alexander Hughes
Alexander Hughes

It's another spics pretend that white people like them episode

As long as you guys are chopping heads off and skinning people alive, stay out of our country.

Kayden Russell
Kayden Russell

Black>Hispanic in the progressive stack.

Anthony Nguyen
Anthony Nguyen

Hispanic

Just call them fucking mexicans. This was a MOVIE for MEXICANS! I don't expect your average cuban or spaniard or chilean to give a shit about the people that ruined the word hispanic

Jaxson Mitchell
Jaxson Mitchell

Blame mestizos for that, don't blame criollos or castizos for their shit

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

Every cuban, spaniard, chilean is basically a Mexican for the rest of the world, what gives?

Aaron Cruz
Aaron Cruz

Walmart in Houston and other cities were giving out free tickets. Students in DC given free tickets. Theaters in Bay Area giving out free popcorn to chillen.

Luke Williams
Luke Williams

Coco is the highest grossing film of all-time in Mexico

Thomas Reyes
Thomas Reyes

tfw spics will never do pic related if they ever get a superhero movie
tfw you won't have the opportunity to grab a plate of their spic food for free

;_;

Chase Hernandez
Chase Hernandez

Didn't even know this was a movie .

Cameron Hernandez
Cameron Hernandez

this

Connor Myers
Connor Myers

white people telling hispanics what their culture is.

Hispanic culture CAME from white spaniards

You fucking Chicano mestizos are fucking it up for actual hispanics with your shit mayan genes

Nolan Martin
Nolan Martin

I know that most people from /tc/ are ironic NEETS living under a rock but seriously?

It has won several awards, from BAFTA and Annies, it's getting an Oscar next month

Wyatt Perry
Wyatt Perry

I liked the film.

Introducing the concept of death to children is important. I thought the murder scene was a little jarring, but other than that it was all well done.

I think it achieved what Kubo was trying to do, even if the animation wasn't as good.

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

I know and have tasted some mexican/hispanic food: quesadilla, burrito, taco, tamale...
What are some good black food?

Sebastian Smith
Sebastian Smith

white foods dipped in egg/flour then friend
Seriously, that's black cuisine.

Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson

I'm hisp. and even I don't like mexicans. They're loud and obnoxious. They're the true niggers of america. I just went to their natural habitat; a fast food establishment, where they all flip burgers and talk into microphones. They're always jabbering away like apes in a cage, making their primitive noises and looking like they've all been raped by the same toothless spaniard ancestor.

That's why I'd rather watch BP than Coco.

David Wood
David Wood

Where you from?

Noah Sanchez
Noah Sanchez

I'm from the United States

Nicholas Thompson
Nicholas Thompson

t. Dominican

Thomas Bell
Thomas Bell

Because it was creepy and about the dead. Death scares people.

Plus most people hate hispanic shit, hispanics included

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

Nope. I just said the US.. what are you, stupi- I mean mexican?

Lincoln Allen
Lincoln Allen

people think every Latin American country only hates Mexico
in reality everyone hates Puerto Ricans more

Nuke them, Trump.

Henry Garcia
Henry Garcia

Tv stations, schools and rappers(with movie studio money) werent buying out theaters for "poor" people to go see it.

Why not put that money into something meaningful like a soup kitchen or education?

Thomas Kelly
Thomas Kelly

Baby meat hand. Grow some hair you molerat

Benjamin Torres
Benjamin Torres

Btw, I'm not a PR/islander either

Jaxson Hughes
Jaxson Hughes

the people that ruined the word hispanic

This, fuck mexicans and I hope Trump deports those frijolero fucks back, legal or not
ColombiANO

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

reading this thread
Where do white people come up with this fiction that we care about making you happy at our expense? Or that we care/ want your approval, especially after Trump? We are not South Koreans.

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

Enough of the self hatred, pocho. You’ll get over your wannabe white phase soon

Blake Davis
Blake Davis

See that, I'm not only hispanic who's tired of your shit

Ryder Price
Ryder Price

Stop using that image to shitpost about Coco.
Please, use anything else.

Don't light up my country like that. I just want us to go back to being a "literally who" country before the UN forced refugees on us, before Haitians invaded us, before Colombian niggers started colonizing us.

Please, just let me forget about my country so I can pretend to be 56% here.

Jason Hill
Jason Hill

Because Coco was just an earnest, historically/culturally reverent film that was legitimately good. There was no political impact or pandering like BP.

Jeremiah Miller
Jeremiah Miller

t. Puerto Rican nigger

Adam Myers
Adam Myers

Nothing gets past this guy. Smart as a whip.

Christopher Ramirez
Christopher Ramirez

whats the difference, all you said to me is "blame mutts for that, don't blame mutts or mutts for their shit"
elaborate

Levi Ortiz
Levi Ortiz

How come?

Brody Torres
Brody Torres

youtu.be/YBpErBtNWTg

Pixar's best. One of the best Children's/Family films ever. Probably the best "twist" in history.

Literally, everyone in the theatre fucking cried.

Nolan Jackson
Nolan Jackson

Lol, I'm not one of you. No matter what you say I won't claim a nationality I've got nothing to do with.
I envy those tejanos who grew up learning only english, understanding the crap that comes out of your mouths is a curse..
This goes for you salvatrucho cerotes too

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit