/hyw/ How's Your Webcomic? #456

I'm playing Mega Maker what are you guys doing edition

Previous Thread: Thread Question: I'm playing Mega Maker what are you guys doing?

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do's and Dont's for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld's Podcast: youtube.com/channel/UC4QSk9zbGdHsg4-jgCFFF7w

Other urls found in this thread:

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
character-limit-blog.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=z1FcgZ-7L5I
c-tierboi.deviantart.com/art/Page-1-chapter-3-731311431
noughtsandcrosses.smackjeeves.com/
tumblr.com/blog/c-tierboi
deviantart.com/notifications/
duckcomics.world/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/into-ashes/chapter-1/viewer?title_no=153280&episode_no=1
youtube.com/watch?v=pDIZpdC2cwg
goodreads.com/book/show/32638.The_Thief_of_Always
goodreads.com/book/show/7137327-enclave
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkluGoKS1-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI
imgur.com/a/WstSp
youtube.com/watch?v=4zCgbA1jdIo
youtube.com/watch?v=T1S6YwQjzXU
lmgtfy.com/?q=jim shaw comics
youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGzEidRj4
julia012.deviantart.com/
misssandy8.tumblr.com/
utsukishirosaura.tumblr.com/post/167137490344/part-1-cover
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/journal/I-got-picked-up-by-a-comic-book-label-731616600
youtube.com/watch?v=ItjXTieWKyI
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-9-wip-5-731640143
monster-lands.com/
drbgoodlove.com/
tapas.io/episode/975979
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-10-wip-12-731796819
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94283974/#94303373
youtube.com/watch?v=kNS4t5UCBfI
sevensearth.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drawing, Rewatching avatar the last airbender.

let this be the last

I meant for this to be a reply to the op thread question. man I look stupid

what maker?
I'm done doing commissions so now it's time to play videogames

not op, mega maker is like mario maker but in a megaman classic style engine. it's a fan project but it's pretty good.

Bonzer. And slightly thread-related since creation is creation.

I'm listening to a podcast while I draw.

Preview for the next WWW in case you missed it.

Just talked to Jim (Will Draw for Food) for the first half of the next podcast. Pretty good stuff to look forward to, I think.

>Thread Question: I'm playing Mega Maker what are you guys doing?
I just read Sideways #1. It's off to a really strong start and I'm hoping it'll be on par with RHatO and New-Superman when DiDio gets switched off with Morrison.

dumb autistic thread maker, do it right

>Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling
>#1: Let Disney executives gut your animation company for the talent and force you to push out sequels for franchises nobody wants, all while trying to maintain a degree of quality that your parent company has set for you - unless you enjoy living on the streets and don't ever want to work in the industry again. Be forced to write the most contrived, uninspired drivel to feed your wife and kids because what defined Pixar in the mid-90's and 00's has long since left for bigger paychecks.
>#2 - #22: Go fuck yourself and refer to #1

being right is no excuse for being depressing.
can't wait!

>what are you guys doing?
I just cycled 5 miles through the rain to play DnD and in a battle with centipedes my teammate rolled a nat 1 and accidentally castrated my character. So I've been having fun, I guess.

still trying to learn how to draw via loomis and just trying to create a comic

it might not look like it because its still really shitty but looking at my previous attempts i have improved a little

im willing to accept any critique, some kind anons pointed out some of my many failures before and it really helped

Here is my comic.

stop using lined paper and then ill critique

ah yes, I expected that. Sadly it was a mistake from long ago and I want to complete the sketchbook before going for real paper. I do practice drawings in a non lined one though.

Can I get a link to this comic page?

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

Thank you user.

do you upload these somwhere?

character-limit-blog.tumblr.com/

Yes, Right here.

I just finished this page for this week, I gave this video a go and I started to work with stick figures as a better frame to make the characters forms so I hope its a little better.i also decided to experiment with shading and the like. how is it?

the video in question as well as link to da

youtube.com/watch?v=z1FcgZ-7L5I

c-tierboi.deviantart.com/art/Page-1-chapter-3-731311431

I also made this chapter cover

and last is this pinup for Instagram

Does Jim sound as scammy as I think he does?

not at all, he's just entepreneurial. People like that are... y'know, they're the kind of people who use terms like "type A personality" and know what it means. They're always ON, always seeking something new, and this country of ours is built by people like that. For us regular hobbyists though, it seems like.. who do you think you are? why are you almost intentionally going bigger than your britches? Why hasn't the constancy of failure in life beaten you down the way it has us?

>Shameful idea guy
>Planning out a comic for months/years
>Want to finally start

I was thinking of giving myself a month to plan/finalize character designs and then a second month to actually draw the first chapter.

I have very little experience, but am familiar/have done life drawing. Any advice? Or is jumping into it before I have time to second guess myself the best course of action?

>Pic semi related. It's a western, shonen expired comic without much magical bullshit/asspulls or super hero comics. It feels like there's not much of that.

inspired*

>psst..hey kid, wanna join my publishing company?
>don't worry, we'll take care of everything
>*unzips*
>just sign riiiight here

This pen doesn't seem to have any ink... Oh, there it is! I was wondering why you were using black paper.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

just draw it now and see if its too shit to publish, wahts so hard about that
there is literally no wasted effort since you just practiced drawing and when you redraw it will always be better

All jokes about Jim aside, he seems like a pretty genuine guy.

I mean, according to what I've looked up on him, he does comics for refugee children, is a member of the Society of Illustrators, helped found a comics studies society, and has a girlfriend who also does webcomics.

He's so pure. Just look at him!
#ProtectJim

>God I wish that was me
t. ColdFusion

this event is not what it seems

#defileJim

POST A PIC/SCREENSHOT OF WHAT YOU'RE WORKING ON RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Neato!

You're doing great, just keep at it and never stop. I like the desperate, evil expression your character has. I understand what you're trying to convey, which is definitely good in terms of making comics. That said, I have to agree with another user who suggested you stop using lined paper.

Very cool! The animation is a nice touch, and I'm really into accented dialogue (I was raised in the south). I will definitely be following your tumblr.

Looks interesting! Do you have a tumblr? If so, please link it.

Finished this page!

Had to confirm that Annabeth is NOT transgendered to cover all of my bases.

Doing the lineart right now. Got distracted by Captain Disillusion. Now I'm here. Thank god for procrastination.

or at least Anna doesn't know what those are. I swear that gender shit has done to ambiguity-related comedy what the cell phone did to the suspense and horror genre.
Alien girl a cute. I assume SD's glasses aren't actually able to be poked like an eyeball, that is just for humor?

just for humor.

Thanks a lot! Are you one of the same anons who helped me back then? And yes, desperate/evil is what I was going for, its kind of an abrupt "love" confession after she went through some serious trauma she is trying hard to ignore and she wants to eat the poor guy.

About the lined paper, Ill see to it, but honestly I just wanted to complete that notebook and then I would stop using lined paper forever. I do realize how shitty it is, and not only because of the lines, the paper quality also fucks up the drawings a bit when I erase the pencil.

So, yeah.

Thank you again for your words!

This one is really fun so far, bookmarked.

lineart is done, how are the line weights?

good weights. your comic is always nice to look at.

>#pedfileJim

Fixed it for yeah!

im super thanks for asking~

ALSO. Shit i tried to re-install skype to get a hold of Otto, but it said this version of skype is no longer supported by your version of windows. I went to his site first to get his email or apply through the site like he told me to do, no email.

how the fuck do i get a hold of you otto? I'm ready! lets form a bond between artist and comic book label that will stand the test of time my dude!

Go for it bones capeworld comics doesn't have a star quarterback artist yet (You) could be that star quarter back artist that makes capeworld a legit comicbook label. what are you bringing to his table like 20 original comics? He would be retarded to turn you down bones.

>what are you bringing to his table like 20 original comics?
It's like the comic version of action 52

Do you have a link to your comics?

actually 4 main original stories SPOREN, DEMON FUSE, GOTH GRILLZ, and FATES CHAOS and 1 original side story Y.E.S.(yuris ever sailing)

and a bunch of side projects so maybe like 7, 10 tops. where are yalll getting this 20 number from? lol

also i might have to delete all those comics and have them only featured on his comic book label site.

plus im down to work on any of his stuff if he wants me to.

No one hates Jim because he’s ambitious. They hate him because he doesn’t take responsibility in being involved in a group that screwed over its talent, and now he’s involved in another group BUT WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING NOW HONEST GUYS WE WONT SCREW YOU OVER THIS TIME.
He’s manipulative and wormy.

no, ive just been posting them here daily
i want to get the core story down and basic scenes before i come back to redraw it all when i git gud at fundies
i supposed much later on id upload it somewhere

Finally got this done, procrastinated too much, but I did enjoy Black Panther.

At least make some kind of archieve.

Would you read a comic about this guy?

>Thread Question: I'm playing Mega Maker what are you guys doing?

I finished assembling HUGC Gaplant 042. surprisingly good kit despite its age. Half assed on the booster because I am not a fan of that component. First time I speak that name out loud I speak it as if pronouncing a Klingon word and startle my dog. Considering how good the kit was I probably shouldn't have practice my knife work on it.

I was having a hard time recently but I finally sit down and working on drawings again.

dunno what id use, id prefer hosting my own server and putting it there but thats a bit overkill for some mspaint comics
i guess i can put it on some placeholder tumblr for now

What about him? Is he like some Lupin-ish ass rogue?

Just yesterday finished working on the seven character sheets, now I'm writing a short backstory for each one. It was HELL of a work, let me tell ya.

It sounds to me that the guy just happened to be part of a company that failed.
I don't know how you get "manipulative and wormy" out of that.
And according to him, he wasn't even a part of that company when shit went down.

Anyone got tips for practicing writing and paneling? I think I wanna try making simple 2-4 page comics about simple stories.
I think I have to abandon my comic and just stick to drawing concept stuff. College is eating up my time but I still want to see what my ideas look like in scribbles.
Pic is one of the main characters in her nighttime job that her niece and nephew don't know about.

>I'm playing Mega Maker what are you guys doing?
Working on a page while sorting the pointers a friend sent me for feedback I requested.
I'm actually surprised I'm back with comics. I thought I was done with it, that I would not return to it, yet, I'm already working on two different comics, the I left to rot and the other one.
Maybe the swimsuit contest was the kickstart I needed to get back to it, I dunno, but I'm gonna take this chance to do as much as I can.

i love your art and your an engineer....are you good looking too?

Nope. Sorry, user. You've got better luck on Tinder.

updated my dumbass comic
noughtsandcrosses.smackjeeves.com/

thats alright, I'm messing with you. post a page with dialog other wise I think you know how to do that stuff already.

Chapter five is go!

Sweet!

Good luck dude!

Thought that was a dude, anyway what does the comic look like.

I don't know where to upload my shit.

thanks I appreciate it, though I should update my tumblr more, I still have no idea how to fully use tumblr, but I need to work that out.

tumblr.com/blog/c-tierboi

I'm more active on deviant art though

deviantart.com/notifications/

Same( please send help.

Read the OP

Hey peeps! More work on the panel. How's it looking?

Oh look. It's the same panel you posted before. What an update.

I'm looking for feedback on the inks.
If you're here to read webcomics, and not contribute to helping others make theirs, then I'm afraid you're in the wrong place.

As I said earlier
>cant even draw a cube

dewd doesn't have talent

harro was involved

Hey Capeworld,

Could I get some info on Alice to fill this out?

Species:
Preferred Combat style:
Magic type:

Oof, sorry for huge image

Alright, finally starting on chapter two pages.
Been looking over my rough pages and I might scrap the middle portions or something as I feel it doesn't make sense. Might just leave it in anyway.

That looks really nice.

Finished this page!

Shit. Sorry Vela. I don't mean to hold you up, I've just had the worst luck in my real life lately.

Species: Modern Croatoan (a hybrid race of 17th century New Englanders and native Croatoans)

Height: 5 foot 10 inches

Preferred Combat Style: Environmental manipulation

Magic Type: Traditional Croatoan with influences from Earth's White Way.

Harro? The only harro I know of is the little ball robots from Gundam.

Can someone post the webcomic re/co/mendations?

Then you're in for a treat. Check out a couple good comics called Demon's Mirror and A Better Place.

How was he involved with Jim though? Did he get scammed by dewd? Jesus, how many guys did Jim take advantage of?

Why am I bothering to talk to you?

I don't know. Why are you? Are you Jim without his trip or just someone he pays?

Considering starting a webcomic with this jolly bunch of assholes. Any thoughts on them so far?

Clearly the Armageddon hinted in the filename destroyed the world's supply of Thighmasters.
Naw I kid. Looks alright. I think you and Dupe should compare notes sometime on character design, you're on a lot of the same wavelengths.

So something I've noticed on the middle building, is the long balcony and the arch. The balcony is far too long without any structural support to hold up the roof above it. I'd add a few in there. The arch just below looks too wide. With the angle of the perspective, it should look narrower the closer it it so the vanishing point.

Truth be told, I think the building there could be split up a bit more, unless it's just a really long building.

Hey no problem, I'm still working on the other pages so there's no rush.

I might shorten some of your answers due to space, but just wanted to get a better understanding

Looks great, hope the work goes well for you.

Some more progress.

What's it about?

Thanks for the feedback!
You are definitely the person I'd trust to know about architecture. I'm trying to base Mandas's architecture off of northern Spain's Cantabria region. (Aristolian architecture in general is largely inspired by Exploration Era Spain)
The building im trying to illustrate here is a Casona montañesa

That is literally the girl from Hotel Transylvania.

If this is a fancomic for Hotel Transylvania that's cool, otherwise I would suggest changing up the design a bit.

He's got a giant bulge so yeah, I'd read it.

n-no homo

I love that cat so much, I wonder what she's thinking experiencing all this

If I could choose a single picture to encapsulate my life, this would be it.

It is

Looks to me like she's batting some of it under the fridge to make the mess worse. That might just be the shadow though. Fucking cats.

lol, ok tumblr.

Yo hey new duck comics people!!! duckcomics.world/

This is officially my favorite panel of Ch16.

This is looking great!

He's such a great role model

Shut the fuck up fag

I just upload my webcomic to webtoon
webtoons.com/en/challenge/into-ashes/chapter-1/viewer?title_no=153280&episode_no=1

Yeah I have no fucking idea what's going on and I don't think I care. Your art is good though.

I want to make my own webcomic but my head is empty. Anyone got an idea I can use?

That's a bit backwards - usually people have an idea first before exploring ways to express it.
Why do you want to make a webcomic?

So what are you, an artist without an idea? There are a few writers in these threads looking for artists. Capeworld has like a dozen scripts. Post your work and one of them may bite.

the life of a water spider. little air sac held up to its spiracles, swimming around making friends with fish, etc.

>Draw big tiddie fan-art of Raccoon Girl
>Get blocked

>MFW

Sadly, as much as I want to love that comic, she has some issues.

She's hated you from the start. Why do you think drawing big-tiddy fanart of her underage character would win her over?

>draw garbage cancer nsfw drawing of underage character
>get blocked

wish i was better at just picking arbitrary numbers and data for worldbuilding purposes. when you look at it seriously, everything is connected to everything else and to avoid uncomfortable handwaves means figuring out literally everything.

purposefully hyperbolic example:
i want to know how far to move a clock in the background while some character goes to the store to get some food
which means knowing how far away the store is from their house
which means having some idea how large the town/city they live in is
which means knowing the population of the city
which means knowing the relative size and importance of the city in the country
which means knowing the population of the country
which means knowing the relative size of the country because that's going to come up later
which means knowing the population of the planet
which will have immeasurable little consequences later if we want to start thinking about the economics of this, or military logistics, or whatever.

all for a stupid little thing
where i could just say they took 10 minutes
even if later they go for a drive and there are no stores nearby
and i can just handwave it by saying the store closed

share it with us user.

is this because the rg creator called you a pedo CF

kek is this cf? i know he got blocked from commenting after he went posting about the evil gays on her pages

I did it as a publicity stunt for him. And my followers did give a positive response

Here.

>him
also this implies drawing big titty art of a flatty underage capeshit character is gonna bring her any views, don't flatter yourself lucy

>It's a her
That explains a lot of things

>I did it as a publicity stunt
you were fishing for a reblog and hoping some of her readers would rub off on you, just be fucking honest. why the hell would rg's artist even want to associate herself with your poorly drawn fetish crap. even if you just wanted to promote her you could have just, y'know, drawn her character without slapping your trash-tier fetish onto her

what things could it even explain user other than the fact she has a vagina

>Publicity for me
>The RG blog receives 3 notes average
>My blog has broken the 200+ note mark multiple times
>Gets an average of 50

Also
>trash-tier fetish
The comic itself is trash tier, I was doing it a favor

it's a boy. stop spreading this.

raccoon girl user is a girl, lucy is a boy

TITS OR GTFO!

>Lucy is a a joke abreviation to Lucifer
How can people be so stupid and not notice?

This is what I have from last time. I think working on a page over a week or so gets me results I like rather than just drawing a whole page in a few sittings.
Of course there's a few things I wanna fix; namely Whipkick's foot in the last panel, some issues with consistency for characters between panels design wise, etc etc. Next page will include improvements and notes I took of critiques given from the last thread, thank you guys so much!
I adore the style for this. Great job!

the rg blog actually recieves around 15-20 notes normally per update post by just quickly checking so at least lie better, and she is posting update posts not actual art posts lucy so of course it will get lower notes, i doubt she's crying that a booby inflater thinks her comic sucks either.

Hey Mitch, what's wrong with Otto exactly?

>Getting this worked up because a character go drawnt aged up and with DD breasts

What do you think Raccoon girl's pee tastes like?

Why the fuck is Lucy even here she doesn't even have a comic

Just give up already

Lucy, you only get attention because you appeal to people's dicks. Your art looks like utter shit and people wouldn't care about it otherwise. RG's art looks far better than yours, and above all else, she actually has a comic while you waste your life samefagging for attention on hyw.

>crying when someone who hates you blocks you

>Your art looks like utter shit

No lad, you just have shit taste

>>crying when someone who hates you blocks you
I can cry over whatever the fuck I want niggah

>F-fuck you guys! My art is good because I say it is
Never change, Lucy, never change. This is why your disgusting art hasn't improved at all since you started shitting up these dumpster fires of threads

>be lucy
>draw poorly drawn character with inflated tits and a lopsided face
>post on tumblr
>get 40 notes
youtube.com/watch?v=pDIZpdC2cwg

underrated post.

KEK

You kidding me?
My skill is at the peak of its capacity, and compared to the rest of HYW I am the one with the highest skill level art wise you fucking morons.

I ain't watching that

your art is peak performance for dewd more like

>peak of it's capacity
peaking is a bad thing you idiot, it means you will never get better

To be fair, it's throwing in the least amount of quality and getting the most amount of response in return. He's got something figured out.

Are we posting our Raccoon Girl fanart?

>My skill is at the peak of its capacity
Oh, wow, if that's your ceiling, I wouldn't like to stand up.

I appreciate your modesty. :^)

>Dewd consistently draws and delivers content
>Doesn't stir up drama from no where
>Is so autistic he's actually kind and sweet

I find no problem with that, I would totally date him

That explains I can't get better, I'm already a god

that's sweet

>Gay
>/ss/

And adding tiddies is considered a sin? Shit taste lad

So how about those webcomics?

I'm going really slow right now. On a better day I probably would have finished by now.

PC flavor
welcome to 2018 Cred Forumsmblr

And here's the time I drew Zeki

Context in next post ---

they're not /ss/ one is just a manlet

--> game I did in WCL

like lucy and CFs salty tears

STOP REPLYING TO LUCY GODDAMNIT!

Guess who else participated

Guys I found an old Lucy pic she posted on the server way back before she was even relevant. Should I risk and post it? I don't want to get banned.

we're in a hyw thread user, god is already punishing us.

post it faget

That sounds scary
>implying this is Lucy
Doesn't remotely post like him. Now RaccoonGirl posting as him? I could see that.

Hey can you guys talk about your comics instead of drama that would be nice thanks.

RG doesn't even post in the threads anymore, you shitmonger. She hasn't shown her face in literal months, why the fuck would she come now

I did a few of these

Hi RG.

For Halloween I did one with no bad outcomes but to get a sketch you had to give a sketch. An RG character got into that one too:

True, but the last time I saw her post it was to bitch about someone not liking her.

Hi RG

last time she posted was her just saying she doesn't post here anymore, don't try to start more drama user

okay, faget

desu, i can't distinguish if he is a she or viceversa

>at the peak
Sorry to hear that. Don't worry, pal, I'm sure you'll find the way make yourself useful somewhere else. Don't give up!

>Lucy singlehandedly derailed the whole fucking thread

That is pretty cool
Let's be fair though, people who say that... are they ever telling the truth?
Lucy's a mexican guy, so that isn't him

Can confirm its her tho, she has pics of herself on her facebook.

well yeah, she probably lurks but she was never an active poster so imagining her posting to bitch is unlikely

That happens because 3/4ths of these fucking retards reply to Dewd or Lucy every fucking thread instead of just ignoring them

>Being this delusional

cute.

I hate him so much

woah, did you actually redraw each of those panels? I thought it was copypaste until i noticed some slight differences.

being real, i used to hate him too but he seems such a broken person, i have speaked to her a few times and was actually pretty chill to talk with in private.
she seems to have a long line of failiures thos and from the info a got out she seems to be extremely lonely, it doesn't justify her shitty ass attitude, but you just feel sorry for her/him or whatever the fuck it is

It's half redrawn, half copy/pasted.

D-do they bang?

i've never made a webcomic but i doodled these guys tonight. any comments/critiques from a design standpoint?

>tfw webcomics only matter when they're sjw/lgbt shite

I used to draw alot during highschool. Now i have fallen out of practice but i beleive I can make something great If i can find an idea to inspire me. But everything I can think of sounds like a bad idea to me. One day i will get over my insecurites but today i just need an idea.

Make a white nationalist or natsoc webcomic and I'll read it and donate to your patreon.

One of my secondary main characters gets demon cum in his ass to gain his powers.

Just started, going with the web vibe, it started like a joke and then became a real thing

This is still me by the way i guess ill get a name for the sake of convinience. Is it ok to make a comic version a story that I've read? for example The Theif of Always. Or Enclave?
goodreads.com/book/show/32638.The_Thief_of_Always
goodreads.com/book/show/7137327-enclave

My head really is empty, lol. My screen name is LSB.

This is all i have for now, any suggestion would be nice.

Less dialogue.

They're nice designs, I'm imagining what they'd look like in color but I'd like to see your version of that.

The real question is are you prepared to draw complicated designs like these over and over and over again?

This is breddi gud

>invisible ink
Have you guys read it? Because I did, and I don't get it.

Author of that book really recommends writing stories that have some kind of moral (or, as he calls it, an armature).
I see how it applies for a single book or a movie, but how does it apply for a webcomic or a whole series of comics? Should I really make the whole story about just a single moral that main character spends dozens of chapters to learn?

that'd be hot

A long form comic should have an overarching way the characters are developing and scattered inbetween you should have arcs where lessons are learnt that lead into this character shift.

So no one moral, but they should all feed into eachother in some way.

Also dont fall into the trap of not knowing how your going to end your story, so many webcomics continue to exist purely because the authors are clinging to an idea or dont know how to plan correctly

hey are you avoiding me lol? whats your email? I want to join your label man.

Yup, thats pretty much a fancomic. I've just gave the opportunity for monsters to behave like one, solved most of the plot holes and here it is - a romantic story with some grimm humor and frightful silliness.

Sounds unnecessary

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Perhaps, but unnecessary to whom? I'm just having fun trying do my own thing, man. I think universe with monsters and dark fantasy has, like, HUGE potential, so at this point I'm curious how far I can go with it. So far so good.

I'm all up for that, I also had plans for something like this in the past, but why the need to use the characters from that specific movie if all you want is do monsters? Why not use others or create your own?
I'm plain curious.

If you had enough to contribute you would make your own setting, so I assume your using HT as a base I assume either you dont have enough or you think your "correcting" it which I think is unnecessary considering HT is pretty good at what its trying to do already

Actually, I have some big ideas - with mystical noir with slavic folklore and other stuff.

I think its because I always was into old school horror movies, so it feels more familiar and naturally to work with these characters. Since original HT turned out into boring fanfic of one actor I've decided to test my skills.

ban everyone in this thread then me

nuke this thread with no survivors

please mods

PLEASE

This

Let this be the last

It will rise from the dead eventually. It always does.

new

What would be a funny motivation for the ultimate evil to want to rule the universe or conquer the world? Badguys are usually more interesting if they have a motivation or something thats makes them the way they are, but I'm coming up blank. Basicly he used to be a peaceful ruler but now wages wars across the world. I originally also wanted to have epic battles in my comics as well, but I'm not too great at fight scenes. So I thought I might try having the enemies get defeated in hilarious ways to make up for it, while I practice fights scenes.

>Basicly he used to be a peaceful ruler but now wages wars across the world.

He wages war in the name of peace. When he controls the entire world and has gotten rid of all his enemies, there will be no need for war.

Thats a pretty awesome idea, like in his mind he's not really evil for doing this. But the people he's conquered might think otherwise about it.

How could you not think of this yourself?

Thats such an easy to come up with solution

I'm honestly not that great at coming up with plot points or story ideas. Thats why I like talking things out with people. Its a weakness I'm trying to improve so I get better at story telling and writing.

Hey peeps!
I'd love to share some details about the story behind this second project of mine, if anyone's interested;

So this is a world that has been inspired by the complex and lore rich worlds of the Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls games, as well as the fantastical and elegant storytelling of JRPGs like the Final Fantasy series.

The world of Ardras is a land with a myriad of different races, ranging from humans to strange bird-like bipeds. Each race is indigenous to a certain region, but its not uncommon to see them residing in other areas.

Humans- Humans make up the valley regions of Aristolia, the mercantile superpower of Ardras. Humans culture is malleable and differs depending on what region of Aristolia you are in, as they favor borrowing aspects of different cultures from nearby regions and integrating it into their own.

Lithosians- Lithosians were human once, in an age long past. That was until a group of humans were taught the secrets of magic from a rogue Essebu (the original magic users). These new humans utilized magic to do amazing things, but it was not long until human nature gave them a lust for power and conquest. Today, the land of Lithos sustains its independence, though only as a puppet state of Aristolia.

Tokage- The lizard people of the Drylands, a lawless desert region to the south. Its never a good idea to trust a Tokage, as they'd sooner plant a dagger in your back for a sack full of gold. At least, thats what most people say. Tokage vary in appearance dependent on the part of the Drylands they are from, from the Salamander-like Tokage of the coastal regions to the scaly Bearded Dragon-like Tokage of the more mountainous regions. It is said that the Tokage were human once, but the god of destruction Dragan, in an attempt to destroy humans, the spawn of the god of creation, swallowed millions of humans. But the god of creation tricked Dragan and made him lay eggs, from which the Tokage were born.

(but wait theres more!)

(continued)

Oceos'lo'kaiians- Imagine if you took hippies, pirates, and Polynesians and put them together into one culture. You'd have the maritime race of the Oceos'lo'kai. Though human in appearance, these tan skinned people boast exceptional skill in swimming and ship building. You'd never want to fight one in the water, as you'd most certainly lose. Their mainland is a swampy region to the northwest, though it is largely uninhabited, as most Oceos'lo'kaiians prefer the open air of the sea. The mainland is essentially reserved for their government administration and political groups. Most Oceos'lo'kaiians are fiercely independent and care little for such boring things. They are more interested in drinking, sex, mind altering hallucinogens, and other vices. Most become pirates and adventurers.

Garcongan-(The map has been updated, and Garconga now exists as a floating island far to the east of the mainland) Garconga is a mystical floating island inhabited by sentient plants. Not very much is known of the people living there save for stories and tales by adventurers who speak of tribal groups of walking flowers and towering trees with the faces of old men. It is a tropical place with exotic fruits and birds of paradise. It is said to be home to the Forest of Lost Time, a mysterious jungle, where many a curious traveler has sought out, but never returned.

Fervorian- These marble statue like people are the fiercest warriors in all of Ardras, being said to have been crafted by the god of war himself as an answer to the god of creations spawning of human. They were made specifically to cause strife and destruction and have an internal instinct to destroy. However, after several hundreds of years, humanity won over them, and cast the Fervorians into slavery, using them to build their magnificent cities. Soon though, the Fervorian slaves revolted, and after an exhausting war, won their freedom, and settled the lands to the east

(but wait theres more)

>>(your next post)
too long, didn't read

And your names are shit, no one will even try reading them (much less remember them).

>And your names are shit
What do you mean? Oceos'lo'kaiians rolls off the tongue so well.

STOP. WORLD BUILDING. JUST STOP IT. HOW ARE YOU EVEN GONNA EXPLAIN ALL THAT

Fervorians are renowned around the world for their graceful, elegant, and sturdy builds; most important to them though, is their appreciation for the arts. Fervorians do not reproduce sexually, but in fact, when they find their partner, someone they truly love, they make a Pilgrimage to the Sacred Forge, and craft a new Fervorian, their beloved child.

Xervanosian (likely to be changed to Eprudamu)- The charcoal like people of Xervanos are a newly born race of people. Their sleek, slender, and fragile builds are misleading, as they are among the most deadly warriors in the world, matched only by Fervorians stout defenses. The Xervanosians are highly religious, and worship an unknown god, known as the Dark God, never heard of before. Their most well known scriptures tell of "turning the white stone black." It is unfortunate then, that the sacred mountain they emerged from also happened to be the one where the Sacred Forge resides. Xervanosians leave a dusty black imprint wherever they go, much to the ire of Fervorians. the two races are currently at war.

Chillrend- Chillrend is home to what is commonly known as "the original humans," who trace their lineage to the first humans created by the god of creation atop the Eye of the World, the highest peak in Ardras. They are seen as barbaric compared to the more "cultured" societies of humans, though in reality, they are more in tune with nature, practicing hunting and gathering, where agriculture is nearly impossible in their frozen wastes. Chillrendians live in strong family oriented clans and are ruled by five ruling clans.

Essebu- The mysterious and immortal robe clad owl like people of the western mountains. At one point, they dominated the lands of Ardras before the appearance of humans. As humanity spread, they were forced to retreat further and further into isolation The original users of magic, they trace its power to the gods themselves, from which they claim to be descended. Powerful mages&scholars

Do you have any alternative suggestions for their names?

Through the comic itself of course. Its a long form comic, I'll have plenty of opportunities to showcase these cultures.

>Do you have any alternative suggestions for their names?
I literally googled "How to make names that don't suck" and here's a result:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkluGoKS1-Q

Thanks user, I appreciate the video!

>Its a long form comic, I'll have plenty of opportunities to showcase these cultures.

Everyone who has said this ended their comic in 5 pages

Well thats unfortunate for them, isn't it?
Fortunately I'm not them.

have u done comics before? have u finished one?

I have, I'm currently working on my short form gag a day comic, Will Draw for Food.
I have had another long form comic that flopped, so I'm taking notes from my past errors to improve on my next attempt.

Just let him fail. He'll learn faster that way.

Oh no, you drew the ship that makes coldfusion go full autist.

>Jim
>learning
You must be new.

This really isn't the community it used to be, is it?

wtf?

did you expect to hear complements?

if you are gonna back away after a few criticism, you should just quit for good.

Actually yes, I am new.
Tell me about Jim, user.

>tfw I did a lot of that stuff unconsciously

NO!!!

Nothing's changed really, it's just your turn.

Mean while, I'm enjoying my time off from everyone's drama and hate for me.

It's not criticism user, its just straight up toxicity.
See this? THAT'S feedback, at least in some degree, even if it is packaged in a nasty way. I can learn something from this.

These though? How are these helpful?These give me no insight on what to improve. Nothing I can glean from this except that this person doesnt like my work. Thats great, they can have their opinion. I wont begrudge them that. But its just a sign that this community is no longer full of people who want to help eachother. There may be some, but the people who have actual talent have left the toxicity of this thread a long time ago, and I think its about time I join them.

lol

>How are these helpful?
He pointed out that there's something wrong with your names. You could google on your own how to make good names and compare results with what you have. It was a helpful critique.
This user eloquently pointed out that you're probably spending too much effort on world building; so much that you'll probably never even get to show it all to your readers. You could google something like "is it possible to world build too much" etc, and you would find interesting articles about this topic: both supporting and negating the advice to "Do only enough world building to support your story".
It was a good critique, but you weren't proactive enough to use it.

You're not asking for feedback. You're asking for spoonfeeding.

here's my latest page c:

Aw yeah, more Roof Girl. I need get caught up with the story.

Don't waste your time user, Jim's already gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI

:C

imgur.com/a/WstSp
Here's an updated link. Enjoy~

It was surprisingly fun; I'm looking forward for more.

>BOO HOO! SO TOXIC!

Glad he's gone. he should go to tumblr, they would love him.

hello, i am an ideas guy
i need an art slave, who will volunteer?

Wow, I'm surprised i can take more hate than Jim can, lol.

I'm interested. Could you tell me more about yourself (do you have any experience? can I count on getting some patreon cash?) and about this project (do you have any work already done? what is it about?)

>I'm surprised i can take more hate than Jim can
OH I AM LAFFIN

you would be a slave, you are entitled to nothing but the luxury of being allowed to pamper my ego! i am an ideas guy, i have ideas, you would love them

Hey man, i take breaks, i sometimes have my little hissyfits but i never quit you guys, i always come back.

Why do you guys keep coming to these threads if I intentionally derail them and cause chaos among us?
Manipulating your emotions is a delightful experience

because i want attention, even if its negative at least somoene is giving me a moment of their time. it's something i've never had growing up. i have no friends and nobody cares about me. so for those brief moments of getting trolled for being a shit artist, i am emotionally fulfilled in ways you couldn't imagined.

I have something you don't have: Hope.

It wouldnt hurt so much if it werent true.

> REEEing in all caps
> eloquently

Sure, whatever you say.

The second one, while phrased in an exaggerated way, is absolutely an attempt to be helpful. They're suggesting that you will never be able to cover all of that in a timely fashion and your focus is better spent on the core of your comic.

I just pop in every once in a while to find a few helpful things and give feedback. That ClipStudio cliffnotes a few days back was helpful.

The drama only matters as much as you let it.

I was joking. Not very well, I admit that, but part when I called his post eloquent was a joke.

Have a (You), user.

did a few touch ups....

Good start for a gag.
Try to keep your gag comic's idea of perspective and space relatively consistent. Like, if you're going for actual perspective, something flatter like panel 4 reads a little wonky.

im not a toxic asshole am i? i never even got in on the jim hate train. wtf?

God bones I'm sorry, I've just been going through a rough patch in my life recently. [email protected] is still the email. What do you want exactly, me to host your comics? I'll put your demon fire stuff up if you want.

I like your concept and your artwork. I think what these other anons are trying to convey is that world building can all go to waste if it takes precedent over the core plot. Character development > world building is a good rule to go by. Having an interesting world is great, but if the reader explores it through the eyes of boring, generic, poorly thought out characters, they won't make it past the first few issues and they'll miss all the effort you put into crafting this world. It's good to open up the series with strong characters and slowly start to flesh out this world you made, and avoid lengthy dissertations on every aspect of every individual culture early on. Good luck with your project, user

holy shit yes!

you see that rest of the thread? i fucking made it! i now work for a real comic book label! WOOOO!

and you assholes said i would never make it... well whos laughing now?: youtube.com/watch?v=4zCgbA1jdIo

No bones, we like you. You actually post your comic.

see
He already had his tantrum and left, being reasonable won't help.

Been working on this for a bit.

Any thoughts?

All joking aside you do know that we're only a "comic label" in the same way a couple of guys printing underground comix zines in the back of their lcs is a label right?

In one panel it looks like she has 4 hair tendrils, while in the other panels she has 3.

Pretty neat. It reminds me of Liquid Television's Aeon Flux. As on user pointed out there's a problem with her dreadlock tubes, unless she's supposed to grow them in and out of her skull.

its better than nothing my dude, also im not joking or trolling. Im legit excited about this, i got a really good feeling about this, im writing you an email right now lol

Ah yes, I see what you mean, it's the black on black getting confused with the head/neck tube.

She does only have 3, it just gets confusing visually a little.

It's too obvious here that you're "inspired" by Drragonball Z.

At the very least he's an artist with accolades and credentials, important people know him, he's all over the Internet. Maybe Jim is right, maybe these threads have gotten toxic.

Let it die.

>accolades
Literally where?

official comic book label artist coming through.

as you can see here all my comics will have the capeworld comics label on them from now on and probably only be readable through the labels website, ive already deleted goth grillz off tumblr and the duck webcomics websites. sooner or later they will be capeworld comic exclusive tittles to bring the most traffic into the capeworld comics website.

official announcement. -bones,official capeworld comics comic book label artist.

has a nice ring to it. video related: youtube.com/watch?v=T1S6YwQjzXU

lmgtfy.com/?q=jim shaw comics

>that image
ngmi

>lmgtfy.com/?q=jim shaw comics

Holy shit and i thought i was egotistical, jim puts me to shame, i need to step my ego game up, holy shit i seem humble compared to this guy lol wtf?

>Can't find a single mention of accolades anywhere.
>Only thing close is a completely different fringe artist whose name is also Jim Shaw but is far too old and draws too differently to possibly be the same guy.

Can you at least try? I can't find a single thing pointing to Will Draw For Food Jim Shaw having any accolades to his name from anyone anywhere at any time.

man look at this dude

oh nononnonononono

pfffft ahahahahahaha thats who you look like!

this is me holing my oc folks!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahaha XD

youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGzEidRj4

i've never seen a bigger waste of sperm before in my life, what a fucking loser

i'm angry that i share the same air with this cuck

Yo Doll Fever, your site isn't working.. or did you get a new site?

>6 patreons
>5$ per month
Lol, I didn't know it was even possible to be a patron without paying anything

>Patreon removes 20 cents for every dollar
>Final total is a rounded up 5 bucks

Anybody got a way to contact Lucy?

Oh. I didn't know that.
Thanks for pointing that out, user.

Interesting. What gives it away?

Not them, but the top half of that character is seriously just Vegeta with Toriyama's distinct elements watered down a bit.

Same hair, but shortened into a reasonable cut.
Same distinct eye shape adn big ol eyebrows, but squashed down into proportions that make more sense and come off as generic instead.
Even have the top half of Vegeta's iconic outfits meshed together, the gloves look and the Sayain armor, but again with it toned down to be more generic and fused with a more generic jumpsuit.

That motherfucker is Vegeta. Bad Chinese Bootleg Vegeta.

maybe dont overuse -ian. if people come from Lithos, in my mind they're Lithites or LIthians.

who's going full autist in that screencap?

The guy who's honestly trying to cop "but they're teens" like that's gonna help.

So what? The girl is just that guy from Mortal Kombat 3, who in turn is just Predator. Nothing's original.

1/3
Hello everyone. I did some new pages. Please check if I didn't misspell anything. Sorry I didn't answer anything about the whole podcast thing. Does skype have official website where you can download it? What's best site to download skype?
Also check the new comic I'm the artist of. It's on my deviantart.
links:
julia012.deviantart.com/
misssandy8.tumblr.com/
utsukishirosaura.tumblr.com/post/167137490344/part-1-cover

I can see what you mean about the jumpsuit, but I don't think the head, aside from maybe the V hair, is particularly Vegeta like.

I mean, I'd draw Vegeta like this.
Different eye, eyebrow, nose and mouth shapes, different jaw line, bigger ears, higher mouth

Obviously I do take a lot of influences from Z, specifically the manga, but I wouldn't say he looks like Vegeta.

>One says at least they're legal
>The other says he thought they were teenagers, and since when does legal apply to kissing
Not seeing it. Am seeing a hormonal fujoshi getting butthurt someone was surprised her fun lighthearted comic has to throw in the gay for gay points, despite saying he'd tolerate it as long as tranny shit doesn't start up.

I mean check out, I'm not the writer so it doesn't concerns me if it's correct or not.

2/3

>What's best site to download skype?
Surprisingly, not Skype's site. Newest version a shit. Google version 7.36
The new comic is fantastically retro

3/3

I'm not sure if it should be "of" or "in" in the last panel.

>So what?

They asked, I explained. It isn't a huge deal, but it's distracting. First thing I noticed.

I absolutely don't think you're doing it on purpose, but the hand is finicky. Your Vegeta is pretty off-model and actually looks more like Buu-era Gohan (facial proportions), too. Prince Jobber has beadier eyes and a bigger forehead most of the time.

Anyone who looks at your comic and is familiar with Dragon Ball is likely going to see a jumpsuit similar to sayain armor, the Toriyama-inspired eyes, the haircut, and say "hey, isn't that Vegeta?" I responded for user because I noticed it too but scrolled on by. If you can, take a minute and futz with facial qualities and costume design to see if you can identify the overlapping parts with Toriyama's desing philosophy better and maybe make a few adjustments to make your character more distinct. He's a pretty neutral looking design aside from the elements inspired from Toriyama, so you could make him different enough with just a bit of tinkering.

Question, when you say "nothing is original" do you mean that as in all work is based, knowingly or unknowingly, on something else, or do you mean that my particular comic/characters are unoriginal?

made the official announcement on my deviant art: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/journal/I-got-picked-up-by-a-comic-book-label-731616600

I fucking made it! :D

WOOOOO: youtube.com/watch?v=ItjXTieWKyI

Shut up, Coldfusion. Nobody cares.

He's saying it doesn't matter how much anything looks like something else because originality is impossible and all that stuff. You're off to a good start, keep it up and scrutinize your work as much as you can.

That's fair.

And yeah, my Vegeta's off model, I just did it between posts without a reference, heh.

Hey, it's all good. Just keep at it man. I'm excited to see how you progress. Your work's a little uneven right now, but you've got a knack for backgrounds.

Your refusal to stop copying Pokemon crushes my faith in people's ability to grow as artists.

You're comparing... His curly hair?

thats how that meme works, are you new to the internet user?

>one panel kiss
>don't shout they are gay or even say they are any time in the comic
it's hardly fujoshit user so CF really didn't need to complain, if they were yelling they were gay every second and wearing bright pink or something THEN i could agree with CF

either one works in this situation, "in" would be more common

Panel 2:
How about we change "there's" to "there was"

Panel 4:
Replace "came" with "arrived"

I was wondering, do you draw the dialogue balloons on the page you are working on or do you add them on after? Like can you change the shape of the balloons without messing up the drawing?

Not that guy, but my initial thought was also that it looks very much like Vegeta.

The armor reminds more of the armor he wore later on the Frieza arc though, like pic related.

That said, I appreciate that you use a lot of black-spotting on your pages. I don't think it 100% works, but it works very well for the most part, and I applaud you for trying something lots of other artists aren't really confident in doing. Also like the sci-fi nature and setting.

I immediately saw dbz-influenced style but I didn't see Vegeta at all. More like hybrid of boring-adult-gohan and android 17, but not anyone in particular really. And he's made the style more his own

thanks
>The new comic is fantastically retro
yes it is. It's almost like someone wrote it specially for me.
I'm sorry I failed you. Should I go more slayers/saber marionette in terms of artstyle?
thanks as always
yeah I draw them when I'm drawing a page (I write dialogue then too), I can't change the shape of balloon.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah, I'm going back and changing the lines of the jumpsuit.

As for black use, I'm actually colour-blind, so I've always been heavily drawn to high contrast, rather than colourful, artwork. Manga was naturally attractive to me, although I also enjoy Noir too. Sin City, Hellboy (I know that's in colour, but is very noir influenced) and the like.

Any mistakes in the blacks won't be something I attempt to fix on these pages, as you can get into the trap of never moving forward by redoing the same work over and over again, but it is something I will be seeking to improve as I go forward.

>comic book label
It's just a shitty wordpress site. It's not going to be any better than blu trinity.

Not my comic, but here it goes. I don't have any sketch because it's just cancer. A friend of mine wants me to draw a comic for him, a superhero comic, created by him. The plot:
>Alan Baker is a fat guy who is worthless
>He lives with his aunt, HIS UNCLE GOT KILLED.
>He's a shy guy, but is nice inside.
>One day, walking home a car kidnaps Alan.
>Alan wakes up in a lab, scientist appears and says:
You're special. We will make you better. You'll be the first of your class.
>The make experiments with Alan
>For 3 days
>When that is done, they let go Alan, he walks to his house
>SURPRISE, SURPRISE, when Alan walks home he becomes a skinny, yet, muscle guy, handsome and his hair grows, now is long.
>Aunt (I don't remember the name), opens the door.
Oh my god Alan, come in.
Basically she ignores the fact that he went missing 3 days and now he's a Chad.
I don't remember that much of the story. But...
>He wears a suit, made on IRON and COTTON. Cotton.
>He has blades, guns, super strength, something like spider-sense.
>His special blood gave him all those super powers...but when he uses too much the blood gets...dry?
Something like that. It's just cancer. Maybe I'll do a doodle later, if you want to see how "Mister X" (Alan) looks like.

Almost forgot, the main villain is the chad that bullied him at school. Now that Alan is handsome everyone loves him.

And yup. Alan looks like Carl, the sick fucc that wrote that origin story.

Please tell me you are both at least teenagers.

He's teenager, I am his neighbor. He saw me drawing simple doodles and he went running to me saying "omfg, i have an idea for a comic, can you draw it for me?"
I was curious desu, until I heard that bullshit.

Yeah, that's pretty much what always happens.

Just say you're too busy, or that it's not your thing.

Unless you think he can actually take a genuine critique, then tell him exactly what's wrong with it.

Here's a draft i did of the next page, should i add shadings or color so people don't misinterpret some of the jokes?

i'll try, thanks my dude

you have to be over 18 to be on this website

That's kind of adorable. I was that guy in my younger days, but purely online so it wasn't quite as cringey.

resize please?

is it too big? i'm sorry, on my phone right now and it looks fine

He could't take the critic.
Im 19.

Hopefully this one has a smaller size

>try to draw my comic
>can't go a single page without inserting my fetishes

how bad are we talking? feet or vore?

Never make the world map until you're done with the story. It'll just trip you up as you try to squeeze ideas you come up with as you make the story into borders.

>Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy
>Final Fantasy
Come on Jim. I've played 2/3rds of the games including spin offs and Kingdom Hearts and even I have to admit the stories of Final Fantasy are 9/10 sub-paperback. Dark Souls honestly isn't that much better.

Also such PLEBEIAN tastes. No Dragon Quest? No Megaten? No Ultima? Get on my level Jim.

But all joking aside, you might want to look at fantasy series outside vidya. Look at Tolkien or Lord Dunsany. Read some Chronicles of Prydain.

yeah it's pretty hard to get the joke but you weren't planning on leaving it like this anyway, right?

or at least some good RPGs. Tales, Xeno, Paper Mario...

It was a possibility, i'll ink some strips and see how it turns out

I want my main girl's name to be Ethel. Is that too old/weird sounding? She's supposed to be cute and waifu-y. I like the name, but I don't want other people to hate it.

The trick is to make two comics; One comic that is nothing but your fetishes, and the other that is your actual comic.

Same. I just decided to stop fighting it and draw what I love.

if we could get away with Mabel in a fantastically popular show, sure. It might help to modify the spelling like Ethyl and do a chemistry pun.
Also nice taste in unrelated picture

Name her friends Agnes, Gertrude, and Bertha.

More like bertrude, gertha, athel, and egnes.

ahem, working on a new page: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-9-wip-5-731640143

you sound a bit jealous user

>Paper Mario
Sticker Star broke my heart with how horrible it was compared to the rest of the series.

color splash didn't break your heart with how it completely refused to learn from sticker star? My heart could take ONE mistake.

Hi coldfusion.

solids done, only showing this wip because i feel like im about to ruin it with the green blood and sloppy shading im about to do to it lol

55 minutes of work so far start to finish, not even a whole hour has past yet lol, im fast, maybe to fast :(

and i fucked it up, but its done now i guess... im going out to eat, i might add word balloons when i get back but this page doesnt really need it.

I think it could really be enhanced with word balloons honestly.

They're humble enough to know what they really are, as seen by . That and the fact they don't make their contributors sign NDAs means Capeworld>>>>>>>>>Blue Trinity. That isn't to say Capeworld is good. But they aren't Jim-tier.

new to these threads. is there anyone else in these hyw general threads that can draw as fast and as good as this guy? this shit is insane!

these fucking threads man

It's all traced garbage user.
no backgrounds, no good page layouts, no talent to be seen

hey might be awkward timing, but
I'm in a sucking-less-at-drawing mood. anyone have a tutorial? I'm flailing at the moment and need structure.

Whoa compliment? I... im not used to that... wow um thanks i guess lol.

This is the kind of autistic retarded comments i normally get, so i dont know how to feel about positive shit like this: feels weird man.

hey fuck face i dont trace, check my youtube channel i make everything from scratch starting with a blank page. dumb ass.

>no backgrounds

itscalled a blue background, what are you...blind?

>no good page layouts

i have no idea what your talking about

>no talent to be seen

im more talented than you will ever be. plus i dontknow if you missed it earlier in the thread but i got picked up by a legit comic book label. i dont mean to brag... but im totally going to bring it up in every thread from now lol.

you are so disillusion. please get your head out of your own ass

>replied to me twice
>your shitty youtube channel
you say the videos start from scratch but the all happen to start after the drafting. that's not from scratch retard.
>backgrounds
flat colors and gradients are not backgrounds
>i have no idea what your talking about
of course you don't. a good creator would though.

New Witchway's Witch! We're about halfway through Chapter 2 already.

I KNEW IT!!!!

FUCK OFF, CREEP

Please. No.

Those little creatures are cute, got a name for them?

Here we go. Greys.

Looks incredible! Your work always looks so clean and professional!

those appear to be baby manticores. However, they have six limbs, like a tarrasque. Possibly indicating that the scorpion part of them is more dominant as cubs (larvae?)

er, eight limbs including the wings

They're manticore cubs

They're more insect-like in appearance for sure. Guess what made those webs

am I doing this right ?

whoa. a lion-dragon-scorpion the size of a small hill that spins webs too. your manticores are fun.

Thanks Stimpy.

bump

so you're the tumblr version of dewd and bones

that's not the artist
though I'm pretty sure the artist of that strip is making fun of anyone who actually makes comics that way

what's that?

>Have extensively thought out universe and plotlines for comic but no talent at art
>Have family member start doing it and its getting visualized and get excited and write out tons of content for it
>They get a job and more busy in life and now can't even get the ball rolling

Are there Brazilian I can get to buy to draw my comic if I have shit written out? I'm seriously depressed having a comic planned out in grand detail but no way to make it visual.

With the current person I have the best I could hope for is making light novel tier shit with most of it being text broken up by an image every 20-30 pages. Is that viable in this image intensive day and age?

If you put you mind to it there's no reason why something like that shouldn't be possible and get readers.
You haven't said much about your idea but if it's at all episodic the easiest way to gauge reaction would be to show work that isn't to long but showcases your idea. Like a pilot episode.

I got motion sick trying to practice some run cycles. send help

new new page!

真実 はいつも一つ!

i'm not sure how to help with the short page type of webcomics, but I find that screenwriting is a very good format for writing comics and graphic novels. try practicing your writing in that format.

NC, VS, and TR?

fuck off bones, no one would actually say that about your shit and you know it

wish you didnt

need some critique and feedback, im pretty unhappy how this turned out, i really do want to get better at making poses from imagination but i really have no fucking clue what im doing

Less movement lines. Right now it looks too messy.

Also its too slow. 4 swings in the whole page divided by 5 panels of action.

Also if the foe is strong then make it more intense. If the foe is weak get rid of the first panel and end it with one strike in a single big panel followed by two panels: the enemy falling and the cat boy taking a deep breathe or sth.

Do the page over. It shouldnt take much time considering your style

And also, you see how there are blank spaces? Fill the whole panel with the characters. Use a variety of close ups at different angles. Will look less boring

Bump

New Monster Lands page: monster-lands.com/

Eren executes Wormy for failing.

Better hire a new clean up crew.

Shilling

A slightly old page of my comic, Centimeter Tournament

And lets skip ahead a few pages to the newest page.

New page~

drbgoodlove.com/
tapas.io/episode/975979

On comedic timing: this kind of joke works best with a single punchline panel. The structure of establishment, escalation, climax and conclusion helps it land. Try, for example, one or two pokes for panel 1, several for panel 2, a dramatic nose poke for panel 3, and keep panel 4. That way you more clearly emphasize that it's that last one that sets them off.

OwO what's this?

This is good advice

I'm not really qualified to give advice as I'm still new to making comics myself. I just wanted to say that I really like the design of the cat warrior.

Also, do you have a link for your comic?

Finished this page!

Also if you haven;t noticed by now, I have switched back to Clip Studio since I found out it worked with my pen.

You need some backgrounds.
While you can cut corners on the close ups (like panel 4 and 6) long/mediums shots (like panel 2, 3 and 5) need something to help place the characters in 3D space.

It looks like they're floating up and down, but I think you actually mean for them to be moving back and forward.

It also stops panels looking empty.

>Would you believe it? That bus cut you just cleanly into pieces. I was able to put it all back together like a broken vase.

not at the moment, after i redraw this page ill make a quick placeholder, for now theyre only linked through /hyw/

wat

You're added to my TWC favorites list! Here's some pretentious goop for you

What is /hyw/s view on tracing?

as long as everything you trace is over 18

Tracing from 0-17 also works if you're not planning to have a long discussion about menstruation.

bones does it lol

Ohmigosh, thank you so much for this, I love it! Laserwing, right?

Realism is for wimps

>long discussion
I would think people so concerned with age would have a better sense of time

Sometimes it works if you need to get stuff done quickly, like how Strawdud does his BGs, but don't use it as a crutch. Relying on tracing too much results in stiff and flat art. Also, don't trace stuff without actually understanding how it works, that's how you get wonky shit like Goriland's art

Yeah it's me

By the way, do the locations of Rudolf's stitches have any visual/symbolic meaning? I noticed his neck has stayed pretty firmly in one piece.

WHEN'S THE PODCAST?

Haha, thanks a ton Megan. You draw some adorable monster boys, by the way.
There's not much meaning to his stitches, though I left his neck intact because I have a lot of plans for that later down the line! :D

Thanks, cute girl by the way, can't wait to see what it is about.

You derailed an entire thread talking about menstrual cups and menstruation for more than 3+ text-wall posts, you autist.

*notices bulge*

If anyone happens to be around from yesterday, I changed some of his design elements, what does anyone think?

doing page 10 out of 12: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-10-wip-12-731796819

no i fucking dont

Much more distinct, despite being a very neutral design. Don't worry about tweaking it more on this page, but the next step is looking towards expressive posing and using shape to imply character. Figuring out how to portray nuance in what he does and maybe give him a more distinct silhouette.

I've done it a couple times when a drawing just isn't turning out right, or I'm pressed for time. I've never done it for my important panels since Id rather those be entirely my own. I feel like a good artist can make something traced into their own though.
pros do it alot.

I loved Guild Wars. I never played the original Prophecies though. Thanks for making this comic. It was a balanced MMO with no subscription. I always viewed subs as a ripoff.

Well, part of the thing is he's meant to be a more "normal" character to try and highlight the otherworldliness of the world he'll be travelling through.

It's meant to look utilitarian, rather than /particularly/ eye catching.

Of course, that'll likely change as the story unfolds.

finished a new page, hope yall like it lol

really boring page. strawdud helped me with what to do when redrawing the background in panel 2. He recommended I start free handing more of the lines. I like it a lot more.

What do you guys think of my colored art vs black and white?

If you think it's boring, why did you draw it? Why not have this come up in some other context?

I mean it's visually boring. It's just a dialogue page. next page should be a bit more intresting.

That's my point: if you're not interested, do you think your audience is? Why not introduce this info in a different context if the page is boring? It's not tackling anything particularly deep or nuanced, you don't need to spend a whole page on it like that if you don't want to.

Uh huh.
Sometimes I worry people who weren't here actually believe you.

Colored = child crayon scribbles
Black+white = pretty good art

Uhhhhhh not him but we were all there and 3 walls of text is an understatement on how much you talked about menstrual cups safer and more sanitary because "trust me I know these things" and you sperging over a femanon's counterpoint because
>grill

The whole thread is on the Desuarchives for anyone who wants to read, CF. I'd post the screenshots but I'm not on my home computer.

I'd encourage all who are new to these threads to read CF's Wild Ride

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94283974/#94303373

Hey i have no idea whats going on here but i like it. this looks better than anything else ive seen in these threads. whats your secrete bones?

holy shit...

be careful complementing bones... people get super jealous around here and will curse you out for it...

You read your foundies for dialog & narration, right Cred Forums?

Goddamnit, Lucy drew porn of all of my characters having an orgy I'M FUCKING MAD

I recall the femanon (author of Dr B Goodlove) sperging out over how guys shouldn't talk about these things, and CF falling for someone pretending they wanted to have a serious discussion about it. One post is not exactly 3 walls.

still doing this.

this is why we don't like him.

lucky bastard, that sounds fun.
I don't know what I'd do with regards to my fanart page if that happened, but it's a massive honor.
I love that you're still doing this. and I like your style.

youtube.com/watch?v=kNS4t5UCBfI

still trying to figure out what this means

I like the part where it turns into this bizarre discussion about dogs in diapers trying to fuck each other

no secret, just draw man, keep drawing for years,eventually you'll get as good as me one day user.

i know right? glad im not the only one that sees it.

my dude!!!!!

Hello, let me direct you to

Are you the same guy who created the story with Lysol McDerby? This kinda reminds me of it

Looks about right to me.

Oh cool! Someone remembers! Yeah that was me.

Damn. Is there anything I can do to get better at marker coloring? Maybe I will upload both colored and b&w

Hi. So I don't know if anybody remembers me, but not that long ago I got a lot of excellent advice here when I started my comic... and then I gave up two pages in.
However, I'm restarting from scratch and with renewed strength, and am preparing everything I need, such as PROPER references for all the characters (before I only worked off my shit scribbles).

The story is about a boy who while at his rich and famous grandpa's mansion, finds a small dusty box among his collection of treasure and artifacts. He opens it only to release from its confines the "Dark Soul" of a Shadow Lord. She tries to possess him, which succeeds, but she can't snatch control of the boy's body and they both end up traveling through the world looking for Rainbow Jewel, a legendary item which should be able to not only separate them, but also give the Shadow Lord a new body. However, her evil ex-followers (now under a new rule) will do everything to please their new master and stop her resurrection and get rid of her while she's weak. All the while, an even more sinister plot is brewing unbeknowst to everyone.

It's supposed to be kinda All Ages webcomic, as you might guess from the fact the main character is a boy. As in, a kid.

The boy's name is Timothy, and Shadow Lord's is Magdelaine.
Someone compared this idea to a game called Okage on PS2, but I was inspired more by Soul Nomad(also on ps2), from the creators of Disgaea.

Anyway, the attached picture shows the old and busted (on the left) reference drawing I did for Magdelaine's true form. The one on the right is a model sheet of sorts I did, and honestly I believe it shows improvement. However marginal. I generally like this one much more.

Anyway, anyone remembers me?

Typo in panel 10? "Conitive"? Should that be "cognitive"?

Good concept. I like the idea of being posessed and stuck with some asshole and the whole quest is to help the bad guy kind of.
>It's supposed to be kinda All Ages webcomic, as you might guess from the fact the main character is a boy. As in, a kid.
I'm not sure how to properly express how weird it is that you said that.

Thanks, and what do you mean? What's weird about it?

Also, here's how Timothy (along with Ghost Magdelaine) looks, though I'm gonna give him an overhaul art style-wise. Since this is like, the first real drawing I did before first starting the comic. Ghostly Magdelaine will just get a small upgrade.

Same here, I know your pain user.

Sounds like it could be fun idea. I like the traveling the world idea reminds me a bit of JoJo part 3.

Magdelaines side profile could use some work, it looks much weaker than the two other front facing poses. Though maybe once you've drawn in the coat flairs it would balance it better.

Oh yes, thank you user.

Oh it's you!
Wait, so you gave up on the other comic? Is it going to be on the same URL? because I bookmarked it and everything.
Anyway, it's weird enough to have a concept of intended ages, but the idea that any comic starring a kid has to be for kids is on another level

Thanks. And I will try to improve her side profile once I actually need to use this version of her.

sevensearth.tumblr.com/
If you mean this one, then yes. It's going to be in the same place.

Ah, and that's what it was. Well, I don't think a comic about a kid has to be for kids only. I didn't mean to imply that at all. My bad.

And yes, I gave up on that version of the comic. I'm going to work harder at the new one, since i've been practicing on the side. Once I finish all required references for chapter one, I will begin working pages. This Magdelaine sheet was just a test if I can do it, and it seems I can.

Also have the only other decent picture for I drew for the old version of the comic. Karina will join our hero (and villain) eventually. She has style, she has grace, she will kick you in your face.
I will be improving her too, of course.

She looks every bit a facekicker. Cool man. Keep it up.

I just went to your tumbler and noticed the horse drawn carriage. Do you mind sharing a bit about the time period/setting?

Finally working on the last page of Ch 16. Afterwards I'm going back and fixing up those big background panels I did previously.

Alrighty. The action takes place in a fantasy world called Sevensearth. At the period where this comic takes place, a new hot thing called "Mekanilogy" has surfaced. Though it really kicked off some 30 years before the story happens (Magdelaine was locked up for 50 years btw(. Mekanilogy is sort of technology, but instead of electricity it's powered by magic. Although advances on it have been slow, and most advanced knowledge is being hoarded by most "Mekanists" (scientists).

On the magic side of things, there are of course old purist mages, who hate "these dang mekanists with their stupid toys".

But since you mentioned the horse carriage, there's not yet any method known of building transport with Mekanilogy. But hey, at least one of the Shadow Lords build himself a body using his knowledge of it! Wait, what?

The world is mostly populated by humans, and they are from time to time terrorized by monsters and Shadow Dwellers, who are like a commoner's version of a Shadow Lord. But that's where the GGoA comes in. This stands for Grand Guild of Adventurers, and they are a large group of well, Adventurers, who help people out with their problems.

The only last thing I'll mention:.
It is said that Sevensearth was named after Seven Great Demons who once forged this world to escape from all conflict. These group of demons was known as Sevens. Hence, Sevensearth.

I hope this wall of text, covers at least something you wanted to know of it.

The end card for the prologue of my project, I've been working on it for two years and its safe to say it's well in production, I really hope to have it all running by next month so I can link it here~!

Wow. Looks rad! Love the colors.

Finished this page!