Weekend Cred Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cred Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98582050/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97219943/#97268463
youtube.com/watch?v=dwBXPsetOHM
pastebin.com/JaMSQ8FJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last time:

-Discussed Jetpack Viking, and then the other members of the Justice Cred Forumsmrades
-Discussed finding ways to integrate waifu generated characters
-More about the magical inversion
-Discussing the time line
-Discussed The Blang Dynasty and how they're probably an empire
-New pics
-Progress on the Seasons Girls comic
-Progress on the latest Lovely Ladybug Christmas special featuring Fire Bug
-Discussed Trine
-Carnival and Valentine's had minimal impact on the thread
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Been working on page 4 still for the inking, sorry for making you guys wait, i've been working a lot and been doing some anatomy/art studies.

>Carnival and Valentine's had minimal impact on the thread
Don't you mean Carnevale?

Yes, Carnevale.
Depending on where you live determines how you say it.

I really wanted some new Carnevalor content...

Something to look forward to in this thread then.

Moira's shop is a busy shop. with lots of busy shoppers.

Does she have any magical clientele or is it mostly normal humans stumbling upon her shop's moving entrances?

Makes me wonder if the Seasonal Girls ever need to go to her.

She was probably just getting her shop up and running again when they started being the seasons girls.

They might have crashed her grand re-opening thinking some sneaky business was going down.

*blocks your path*

I wanna see these two fight.

Reminds me of something I did back in college

I wanted to do a vignette between her and Lily, but when I check the wiki I realized she doesn't speak, so I couldn't do a sort of words of power protocol bit with magic users.

I what meant was, word of power means what magical user's spoken words have inherit magic powers, and implication is that one shouldn't casually say certain things if they are magic users. I wanted to do a bit where Lilly preemptively shush Moira from speaking certain words and reminded her that it'll attract unwanted attention due to her magic user status. The context being that Moira known Lily before hand, and when Lily comes in, Moira is surprised to she that she has now become a Season.

Is that weapon supposed to be a cleaver?

I love these type of capes that cover one arm and exposes the other.

Is Lily basically the "main character" of that crew?

>henshin
WEE
A
BOO

Do written words carry the same power as spoken ones when in view of a magic user?

Bumping.

How low were we?

It is 2004 for that story.

Regicide is one of those characters where we've never been able to find a good use for him since his gimmick is he feeds the mask the life force of supers he's killed.

Page Six, but I bumped it for good measures because of the low post count.

Turns out Moira and Lily met when she was caught her shoplifting.

Here's a thought: are there Evilverse versions of demons?
It seems to me the planes don't cling to any one Earth, but the fact that the portal to the mainverse Earth being smashed had a big impact makes me reconsider it.

The elder gods who fucked up the Evilverse Earth don't come from the planes, but it is possible to go to where they are from the planes.
I'm not really sure with the dimensional map is.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

It goes:
Meta - /coc/
Archives - The Archivist
Canons - Different artists/authors (Like Magi/Psu)
Universes - Parallel universes (Like Mainverse/Evilverse)
Planes - Realms of existence (Like Fae Kingdom/Post Office)
Worlds - Planets (Like Earth/Australia 2)

There's a separate demon realms in mainverse and evilverse.

But the fae kingdom does have other iterations on parallel worlds.
The Evilverse being a prime example since it was the fae who got all elder god raped and cracked open reality for them without Skathi being around to knock the elder god junk out of them some centuries prior.

It would look more like
Meta
Archives
Singularities (only one across all iterations of stories, which the Archives could also easily fall under)
Universes and then whatever exists within them (dimensions, planes, worlds, etc).

An argument could be made there is only one universe, but it is layered so all parallel dimensions exist within it, but that's beside the point.

So the demon realms have parallels as well. That's all I was getting at.

>Australia 2
We really should do more with that in the space setting, like a staging ground for humans getting used to aliens. It acts like a buffer between first contact and Earth proper.

So, after that talk last week about Blang's council and all the ideas thrown around, I got a bit carried away. It might take me a few posts to get through everything I wrote to go with the picture I made.

Should I just post it all chunk by chunk? I wrote a summary for the group and short bios for all the members.

Do it.

I love it when the boss has named underlings who all have their own stuff going on.

Well, okay, here it goes.

>The Seven Admirals
When Blang came to power, he raised his seven most prestigious and successful pirate captains into his imperial administration. With Blang serving as their fleet admiral and emperor, the Seven took roles as an advisory council and government body within Blang space, as well as lesser admirals in their own right.

Some captains took to this change better than others. Now each of the Seven come together to vote on important issues, each with their own agendas to push and their own worlds to govern. As with all governments, pirate-born or otherwise, squabbling is an inevitability.

Cont.

>Axellus “Turncoat” Vels
A staunch member of the Galactic Peace Keepers, before being set up and betrayed by a corrupt peer in the organisation. After escaping imprisonment, Axellus fled to pirate-controlled space, where capture and further circumstances forced him into a life of piracy himself.

He quickly established himself as a force to be reckoned with, especially with his access to inside information on the PKs, and when his ship’s captain died, the crew elected him to take over. Now he wants nothing more than to exact vengeance on the ones who wronged him.

Since becoming a member of the council, Axellus’s loyalty is often called into question, as he still maintains a lawful demeanor and votes to minimize crimes or casualties in all instances. He also has a reputation for being a brooding, all-work-no-play type.

>Dangerous Vizz
Vizz never wanted to be a pirate. Who would? All of that fighting and dying and being in the cross-hairs of every bounty hunter or government... it was enough to make her mandibles itch. Nevertheless, in her efforts to swindle some privateers by claiming to be a feared pirate, she accidentally wound up becoming an actual pirate.

Every effort to enact her usual policy of “swindle and skedaddle” led to even more notoriety and renown. Against all odds, and her own attempts at escape or self-sabotage, she’d always wind up doing something to endear the pirates more to her. Even those who caught on could not deny that her luck was... dangerous.

Her council votes always shoot for the safest and most cautious solutions. Some call it pragmatic, others call it cowardly, but none can deny that she seems to come out on top...

Cont.

>Kalana the Whisperer
Beginning her career as a smuggler and secret political ally to Blang, Kalana worked from the shadows until showing her hand in one of the last major battles. She was already a planetary governor, and kept herself at arm’s reach from any legal actions until Blang’s rule could be seen as “legitimate”.

Kalana is something of an unknown factor in most engagements, as you never know who she has in her pockets, or if by working against her wishes you’re doing exactly what she wanted in the first place. Even so, her ambitions lie in standing behind the throne, not on it.

On the council, Kalana’s votes are subtle plays of power at all times, even when they appear casual. She’s highly diplomatic, and enjoys every moment of making others uncomfortable with that.

>Lanchabrian “Storm Front” Chastori
Lanchabrian is the youngest of the Seven, a being of gas and energy who wants nothing more than endless, glorious combat. He began his career as a legal privateer, but when the war stopped, he didn’t.

Of the pirate admirals eventually assimilated into Blang’s full fleet, the Storm Front was the last, only surrendering after a pitched battle and defeat in man-to-man combat with Blang himself. Even with this surrender formalised, Lanchabrian’s spirit never truly broke. Every day he threatens independence, and every day someone needs to talk him down.

When he shows up to council, he votes for anything that will lead to the greatest personal battles, without regard for greater politics. All he wants is to be the greatest admiral of the fleet.

Cont.

>Weird Oul
Oul is only a pirate because his spiritual beliefs involve making a lot of friends, whether or not they care to be so. With a host of psionic powers and a bundle of pamphlets, he struck a reign of terror in his home sector.

In the end, his assimilation into the empire came when Blang, presented with the opportunity to hear the holy words of supreme camaraderie, offered to hear them in person. By the end of the forty-six hour talk, thoroughly exhausted, the old warlord offered to take the pamphlets and read the rest on his own time. Thrilled, Oul never went far after that.

Oul’s council position is mostly a gesture of appeasement. He spends the entire time trying to sell pamphlets, and votes for whatever action takes the most new friends into the ranks, even if he has to scoop them up from space himself.

>Old Dag Han
Once the first mate of Blang himself – and, it is to be said, the first mate of several pirates before that – Dag Han is perhaps one of the oldest things anyone on the council knows. He is at times deeply wise, and at other times absent-minded enough to forget where he parked his starship.

His body having long since failed him, Dag Han is a mess of machinery by this point, with an ageing brain being all which remains of his former self. In many ways, he is like the great uncle of the Seven, always with stories to tell.

Dag Han firmly believes that co-rule by the twins is the best thing for the empire, and does his best to vote such as to please both of them.

Cont.

>Photssh the Ghost
Hailing from an ocean world, Photssh is the quiet, cheerful spy and saboteur of the council. Stealth is his speciality, and he acts as a scout for the fleet without complaint. Indeed, his silence, punctuated only by the occasional joke or chipper comment, renders him one of the hardest of the seven to “read” or even notice at times.

Photssh can control his own skin colour, which is what allows him to turn invisible. He rarely shares anything about himself or answers questions with much more than a gesture or a shrug. Actual words are so rare from him that they give even Kalana a moment of pause.

On the council, Photssh votes in service of the empire almost every time, but there’s never any true understanding of what or why he’s voting for. Any questioning of his reasons, if it returns any answer at all, is limited to a few matter-of-fact words in response. Or a joke, which is even more infuriating.

-

Done. Like I said, I got carried away and I am so fucking sorry for the length.

Who was hiring all these privateers? Must've been back when there were more space emperors for the PKs to fight with.

Weird Oul kind of reminds me of the Glutton Lord from the demon planes.

I left the idea that there was some ambiguous war prior to the start of Blang's rise, which was some time ago. It was mostly a way to give everyone their own origin point.

There is one war that comes to mind. It's something we've yet to elaborate on, but there was an evil space emperor who got his hands on some genetic engineering technology and did some pretty fucked up shit with it. The PKs wiped that empire out after a prolonged conflict.

It's something that was integrated into the PKs' history from an old character, Pleasurepuss, from the original /coc/ wiki.
Basically this evil space emperor used the tech to make an entire race of sex slaves, the propaganda spread by the PKs reached one of them (in the emperor's personal harem) who then killed the emperor when she realized freedom was possible.

Well, it's one possibility anyway.

To be fair, space is pretty big and there have probably been smaller wars all over the place which don't get as much mention... but if it works to incorporate it in, it works.

Hopefully the info dump wasn't too much. I mostly wanted each of them to be interesting in their own right.

Like I said, it's just one possibility. My first recourse is always to check what we already have and see if it fits with anything new where applicable.

The thread is slow and I don't think anyone should mind the info dump.

Looking at the seven, I feel like Dangerous Vizz's fleet would be the ones holding the line with Nyxiontus (another space emperor, one who is stupidly powerful on his own). Her luck is probably all that's keeping that guy from poking into Blang's space.

>But the fae kingdom does have other iterations on parallel worlds.
Yeah, it's under Universes. Each one of those headers contains everything below it in them, so each universe has a set of parallel planes and worlds in them.

Vizz being the one people rely on to do anything big on the front lines would probably terrify her. It sounds hilarious. I bet she keeps trying to do the most cowardly, pragmatic, roundabout thing and somehow ends up finding some secret infiltration fleet or something in the quiet direction she decides to send her flagship.

>Kalana the Whisperer
Reminds me a bit of Sheoldred and Widowmaker.

Not familiar with Sheoldred, at least, but looking it up I can see what you mean. It probably all comes with the "webweaver" theme.

Makes me think of Captain Tylor in a way. Any stupid thing she decides to do somehow works out for the best.

Vizz is cute and I love her

That scruffy coat makes her stand out nicely when compared to the more sleek designs like Axellus or Lanchabrian
Also has that plucky underdog feel which is something I can jam to

>not Tsabo Tavoc

Babby.

Are you implying she's more like Tsabo than Sheoldred or you're just trying to wave your oldfag dick?

There's no reason it can't be both.

>Not waifuing Oul

I see some interesting potential for personal stores for all of them, but Axellus is the one where a story idea first comes to mind.

The iron rule of the PKs is any PK units in pursuit of a criminal into another PK sector are to be given aide and not impeded in any way.

So Axellus' fleet is patrolling somewhere, I imagine his fleet is designed to look very similar to other PK standard equipment. A lone ship darts across their sensors and then another larger ship enters the sector and hails them.
It's a PK frequency, one that Axellus is familiar with, which allows him to answer the hail. It's some young fresh faced straight out of training PKs in hot pursuit of some criminal who fled into Blang space. Because of Axellus wearing his old uniform, they mistake him as an actual PK patrol fleet leader and request aide.

And he actually GIVES aide like standard procedure with his fleet cutting off the criminal ship and turning them over the fresh faced ignorant newbies.
If anyone questions why he did this, it's because it's his job to keep things out of Blang space and this was the most efficient way of doing it with the minimal amount of resources required.

The newbies might spread a rumor that there are active PK units somehow surviving in Blang space and the keeps the PKs from actually going in there in force like they used to do.

That's really cool. Axellus' history was one I thought had a lot of potential for some cool "torn between two factions" stories like that.

He somehow maintains his Lawful nature even when leading a band of pirates, to the point where people question if he's allied to them at all sometimes.

Setting him up as boarder patrol also adds in another layer of protection since outwardly it looks like PK controlled space, and the outlying areas function as such, more-or-less.

You probably can't tell the difference between PK affiliated worlds and worlds Axellus is charged with governing.

He's probably going to end up smashing some corrupt PK officer's fleets eventually and make it look like an accident or they mysteriously disappeared.

Makes sense. Taking pirates and turning them into cowboy cops.

When PKs enter his space and he takes a personal disliking to them he boards their ships, shows off that he's a pirate now, and adds their ships to his fleet while dumping the PKs who don't comply someplace nasty.

Would Kalana be able to out-manipulate Photssh, or is the slimy squid too slippery for her grasps?

I like to imagine he's the one person she can't read, but he hasn't outwardly done anything to counter her yet (which makes her even more suspicious of him). That's just my thoughts, though.

Kalana's four arms make me think she might actually be a member of that "Pleasurepuss" species.

Can we come up with a better name for them, please? I doubt they would've kept that name after their species was liberated.

It's a species I feel we could do a lot with, but I'm torn since I know it's fetish content and it'll make anons shitpost about it eventually.

Oh shit, nice! I like that there's a sort of edge to all the energy armour stuff on him in this.

I imagine he modified his energy crystal generator to be more sinister looking for when he needs to play up the whole pirate thing.

This entire thing about basically still being a cop but using the pirate thing to scare the piss out of people makes me think I accidentally invented some kind of Peacekeeper Batman.

is VIzz a Facerenti?

I'd say not, she has mandibles.

I imagined her as a bit more insectoid than that, but it could be a variant I'm not aware of. I looked over the species before I made people but I sort of enjoyed just coming up with designs without worrying too much about it.

That's how it should be, really. The list is just keeping track of whatever we have that we know the names of.

I feel like there's a better character to compare him to, but I'm coming up blank.

What are the Blangs anyway? Is their home world in Fleet Emperor Blang's space or somewhere else out there?

I'm torn between saying it is in there somewhere, or that it is far away from where the empire set up. As for the species, I'm not sure I ever named it. Whatever they are, they seem to have black eyes, red skin, white hair, and very flat noses - but who knows if that is a subrace of a larger species. Blang had kids, which means SOMETHING compatible with him got down, but I'm not sure if that was the same as his home species either. It's all very mysterious and up in the air at the moment.

Any unique or interesting abilities of their species?
Like extra redundancies in their organs, or special adaptations for certain environments?

Small noses suggests something about their air processing, I'm sure. Don't need to breathe as much, or their world was more oxygen rich or something. We could also say that the eyes are a darkness adaptation, which is why Blang's throne room is always in shadow - comfort.

Bug is for fug

That is all

I'm sure something will come up at some point where their biology will play some sort of role, like a poison immunity or something.

>when I check the wiki I realized she doesn't speak

You could always do special speech bubbles designed to show what her pages are saying at that moment, or some other kind of written indication that it's displaying on the page. Could lead to funny gags.

"Uh, you know I can't see the front of your face right now, right?"
""
"Hello?"

>Kalana's face when she realizes that she can't just poison her way to the top of the empire

Might be how Blang recruited her in the first place.

She tried to use him and then poison him when she was done with him, unlucky for her it didn't work and she realized her best recourse would be letting Blang run wild and do as he wants. This is after whatever organization she had took a big enough hit from him.

Continuing work on the Venus/Bees #2 script.

Had new commission ideas as well, such as Venus using Maw and Jaw to fly a la .gif related, and Venus dressed as Bayonetta with Maw and Jaw holding guns.

Well, time to see if the thread will make it to tomorrow.

Maybe we'll have some more space character discussion then.

I really do like the way the Seven came out in the end. The last thread had a lot of good ideas, and I think it makes for a handful of good opportunities for stories, villains, and unexpected anti-hero types.

Considering runes of power are a thing in mythology, I'd say so, depending on the will imbued into them.

Well dang, bump.

Werid Oul strikes me as the diplomat, the one Blang sends to places he'd rather win over to his side with words.

They beg Blang to call him off soon enough with how he never shuts up.

Could they be used for mental traps?

Has Shark Lass done anything as of late?

No one has seen Mandingo for years now.

I always love scenes when they read a character's criminal record.

>You shoplifted?
>Only once, I didn't think the store owner was there.
>What do you mean?
>She was hiding in the bookshelf.
>And you didn't see her? How did you not see someone in a book shelf? Was she a book or something?
>Well....

>Only once

It only counts if you get caught.

What happened to Golden Girl? Did the concept die or does no one talk about her anymore unless art gets posted?

She got talked about last thread.
No one has come up with anything new about her in a while, not since Iron Girl.

Personally I think her boobs are getting too big, they're only supposed to be the size of her head, not the size of her entire torso.

Discussion comes in waves.

I think we should finalize the Sorority of Sentinels roster, myself. I want to expand their strip to a proper length, but I need to know who I have to work with.

Who are the current suggestions for that anyway?

Looking over the last time we discussed them, I'm not sure we actually narrowed it down any, just tweaked some names.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/97219943/#97268463

youtube.com/watch?v=dwBXPsetOHM

Working off of the names

>Crimson Cat
Definitely a Catwoman type, but no leather since it's the 1950s. She'd be wearing a cloth red cat hood and maybe have energy claws that glow with red hot intensity. Red boots and gloves are a must, odds are she'd be wearing a skirt.

>Thunderwoman
Storm type, huh? Is her theme lightening or actual thunder? Because thunder clap comes to mind with her being able to clap her hands to make a sonic boom.

>Star Princess
From space I imagine. Looking at golden and silver age comics, the nature of space was still very surreal in popular media. I'd say she has a glass bubble space ship she can ride around in that has all sorts of gadgets attached to it. Her costume would need to incorporate a robe and a staff to indicate royalty.

>White Ghost and Black Rose
I think should be a team and have a yin-yang theme. Martial artists who are able to summon illusions or entrap would be criminals with their coordinated movements.

The golden age was not an age about making sense or trying to be realistic, it was about being silly and trying to find what actually appeals to the market audience, so there's a lot of leeway with anyone who would be in the Sorority of Sentinels.

Just look at these guys.

They did have some sketched designs. Also in the discussion, it was suggested changing Star Princess to the pulpier "Connie Cosmos, Princess of the Stars" and Thunderwoman to Donna Dynamo.

There was one user who was asking about references for the golden girl housekeeper costume lady, so we may be getting art of her soon.

Crimson Cat and Star Princess look pretty OK.
The rest don't really pop if you're looking for opinions.

Thunderwoman would have like a dark cloud poofy dress bottom going on, like a thunder cloud. Maybe a lightening bolt pattern going down from that over her legs or a rain pattern going down from that to her legs with the lightening bolt pattern going up from it over her shoulders.

I would like to push for the redesign of Black Rose and White Ghost to a yin-yang team who do coordinated moves to generate illusions. Like they lock arms and legs for form a wheel and the wheel looks like it actually had the yin-yang symbol on it as they spin dash attack.
As they are right now, it's very post-war without fully committing to the look. Black Rose looks more like she'd catch flack during the red scare and White Ghost has the Amelia Earhart look going for her, but that might be in poor taste still during the 50s.

I was just thinking about Iris and Katya interaction the other day. Does the latter know that the former knows her secret? I could see Iris using it to blackmail her at some point; however it would assuredly escalate the story.

Such a thing would probably suit evilverse Marigold, who is changed from responsible and dutybound to something of a tearaway.

Iris and Audrey can see through EVERYONE'S secret identities due to code immunity.
Audrey says nothing because she sees how nuts everyone else thinks Iris is for trying to prove it.

Iris could try to do something to Katya, but Iron Girl would be kind of code blind about it and I think Iris would be smarter than trying to outright expose a super villain after what she's been through just trying to expose a sidekick.

I didn't think code immunity gave them the power to see through EVERYONE'S identity, I thought it was just individualized to their own "rivals" so to speak. What you're describing would be universe breaking.

Yeah, Code immunity doesn't work like that. Iris can see through Audrey's identity because her immunity allows her to see Audrey's chest when no one else can.

Here's the thing, Audrey and Iris arn't going to see much of any other supers other than the ones in their immediate circle (the ones who live in town or go to their school), so some super who neither of them have ever met before wouldn't be obvious to them.

Maybe it's not everyone, but it's anyone where it's glaringly obvious, which is most of them.

Like said, I think it should just be that Iris is immune to Audrey's code-defying chest. Not even anything having to do with her being GG. That's the key that let's her figure out, with sleuthing skills and story shenanigans who GG is.

Yes, but it dosen't take a genius to realize that Billy has all the same injuries as Rocker Billy from his fights or that if Audrey is GG then Sarah must be SQ.

Or that the new girl who just arrived in town at the same time that a mysterious new villain showed up who looks exactly like Golden Girl who Iris knows is Audrey looks exactly like Audrey.

Glaringly obvious.

Sure, but it's a comic universe. That's how that stuff works (Superman + glasses = clark kent, etc.). Those kind of nudges are for the semi-omniscient reader mostly, not usually something the characters themselves pick up on. That's one of the reasons why audrey's incongruous chest defying the gee-whiz comics code sensibilities and conventions of the time is part of the basis for the character/ reason for in-universe drama.

I'm saying if the disguise is paper thin, Audrey and Iris will see through it.

If there's actually some effort put into the whole secret identity thing, odds are Audrey won't see it because she won't be looking for it and Iris is too fixated on the low hanging fruits to notice unless it gets right up in her face.

I don't think that's a rule. In the end it really depends on what the plot requires. If the story requires them to see through a disguise because they're clever and need to solve something for plot reasons, sure, a paper-thin disguise could be a reason for why they figure an identity out. But I don't think it's a character trait of them. They don't defy the comic universe conventions as a rule across the spectrum, just in the instance of audrey's chest.

I always thought part of the plot of GG was the brain fog of the code was lessening more and more on Audrey after puberty started and her superpower was common sense and logic.

Never heard that. I thought she was robin type without a superpower and only got "powers" once she inherited silver queens bracelets or whatever.

I call it a superpower, but really it's just that her code immunity makes things as obvious to her as they would be to the reader.

That's what I always thought code immunity meant anyway.

Not saying that's a bad idea as a concept, but not the way I every heard or thought about GG. But I guess that's the problems with community generated content without word-of-god pronouncements. Everyone has a slightly different interpretation until whoever has the ability to make solid content (images, comics, etc.) decides in the end.

I always figured "code immunity" meant immunity to the things on the comics code, like acknowledgement of sexuality, horror concepts, and criminal things. I didn't think perception skills were tied to it.

Yeah. Everyone has their own ideas and it's not like anyone is going to know them unless you post them.
But anyway, back to the Sorority of Sentinels since figuring out who is in that group and what they look like might make this comic be finished.

What do you think of the names, abilities, and costume ideas presented a little ways up the thread?

Please post the script of this unfinished comic. Don't know what's supposed to be going on otherwise.

pastebin.com/JaMSQ8FJ

It's the first script here. I felt it was too short when I first wrote it, but couldn't think of a way to expand on it at the time.

Question, who is the Doc Martin of Seasons Girls?

That's an odd comparison to make and I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Its not that it's too short, I mean you only have 6-8 panels. I think the feeling your describing comes from the sense that nothing really happens in the script, other than GG looks at some other women and notices she has bigger boobs than them. But maybe that's enough. It is only 6-8 panels.

Characters are fine. They're basically background anyway, right.

>I mean you only have 6-8 panels
Well, that's the thing. It's only five panels long, and most of my scripts (like the dream strips, Iris's intro, Billy and Butch) usually go around seven or eight.

The major hang up is that the artist didn't know what to draw for any of the background heroes, so that's what we're working on now.
It also gives us more characters to work with later on.

>five panels
I count 7 in the mockup? Eight if you include the title panel.

The script is five panels long. The need to expand came up when the artist took a crack at it and found it too short, which is why the mockup has more-or-less blank panels.

Also, out of curiosity, which artist are you? Can you post an example of one of your completed GG comics if you have one.

I'm not the artist, I'm pretty sure it was drawn by saburox, the one who drew the first pics and comics of GG.

Looking at again, I have no ideas if that user is saburox, but he was probably talking about the script and not the WIP comic.

I'm and I was talking about the script. I'm the writer, not Saburo.

Well if Saburo drawing it...

That's what I thought.

I have no idea if saburox is around right now or not. He showed up a thread or two ago with some new pics.

But still, the comic wasn't finished because he didn't know what all the characters in it would look like, which is what I keep trying to direct the conversation towards

I don't have a problem with most of the names here , except I definitely agree on the more pulp "Connie Cosmos" name for Star princess though. Also don't think that Guardia and Omnia are too similar sounding. Maybe leave Omnia and change Guardia to something else.

I would change the Thunder Woman costume up. It looks too much like the Captain Marvel family design with the fat lightening bolt down the middle.

I imagined it's a mixture. If you know how to find it or know someone who does, you can get to it when you go looking, so word of mouth is a powerful advertisement in the magical community. You know, if you're willing to put up with the owner.

The best part about the shop when it was newly open is that it was still full of weird, wild magic crap that had been left to run amok for years without curation. Probably a handful of extra-dimensional squatters, too.

So there's probably a lot of stuff that got out/went weird right after she got back, which would be easy to trace and blame on Moira if you didn't understand what was going on. Could easily go from "who is this weird witch releasing dangerous creatures and artifacts" to a magic shop dungeon crawl to "wait, the problem is actually some off-kilter magic thing in the shop and Moira isn't to blame at all, but we should probably fix this quick."

But then, those are just my thoughts.

Too be honest though, If you've actually got Saburo drawing I would be more interested in seeing him adapt one of the scripts in that pastebin that actually moves the story forward. One of the Iris/Audrey identity scripts would be good for that. Unless you are going in order for a reason.

I think Saburo just draws what strikes his fancy.

Yeah, I had some suggestions on the Thunderwoman costume in Of course I have no idea who actually drew the initial designs.

Odds are Moira not being able to verbally speak won't clear things up any faster until one of the girls (either Winter or Summer) finally pays attention to her flipping pages book head.

As is his right

>Odds are Moira not being able to verbally speak won't clear things up any faster until one of the girls (either Winter or Summer) finally pays attention to her flipping pages book head.

Yeah, I had the same thought after I posted it. She probably comes across as a weird, quiet, magical creature if you don't know about how her head works or you're already there thinking you have to fight her.

First part of was meant to be a reply to He just draws whatever he wants, when he wants, where he wants. Discussing the comic he started might actually inspire him to finish it if he sees the discussion, but it's just as likely that it won't.

They probably keep trying to attack her thinking she's trying to cast a spell while her pages keep flipping wildly trying to get them to use some dang reading comprehension.

>Chasing her through the shop
>Monsters attacking constantly, weird magic doing weird things.
>Girls finally have her pinned down after a huge, planned out ambush in the aisles
>All pleased with themselves about the job well done
>Notice the book flipping
>"

Yeah, all things considered (work, life, other projects, whatever), I still wish he drew more and posted here more.

How do you mean?

Once everything is said and done, the threat averted and the seasons girls are getting ready to leave, Moira hands them something before they go. They think it is a reward at first, but it is a bill for all the stuff they broke.

Next time they show up, she sees them and flips the sign around to pretend she's closed.

Or she asks if they're actually there to buy.

Can't let attempted murder slow down sales. That's pretty normal for demon merchants.

Alright Cred Forums, help me with an idea I've been thinking about.

So it's a world of superheroes, and in the setting there's three tiers, street level, international, and intergalactic. There's only one small team for intergalactic because in the narrative godlike power isn't all that common. Here's my idea for that team.

>Rainbow Racer. Think Flash, but his outfit is more of a black jumpsuit with essentially rainbow LED's. His helmet is kind of taking inspiration from Deoxys speed forme, but with a crystal violetish faceplate. I want him to be about as OP as the Flash but I can't think of a Speed Force expy without it being a complete rip of it. This guy would be more of the team leader and has a more serious outlook on shit.

>Tempo is a guy with time powers. I wanted him to be kind of a medieval weeb and he wears armor reminiscent of the Ebony armor from Skyrim but it's more purple. There's limits to his powers I'm too lazy to explain right now. He'd be the more goofy character but when he gets serious he's a force to be reckoned with. Also he has a workshop outside of the time stream he calls the Workshop. His powers are a cross between tech and magic.

cont'd
>Tempo's robo waifu I haven't given a name to. She used to be organic with Phoenix level pyromancer abilities, but after a battle with a villain she was completely destroyed. Tempo via magic managed to save her soul and shove it into a robo body until he can find a way to restore her. She's the faithful wife and plays into his goofiness, think MJ to Spider-Man.

>Lastly, a member of a royal family exiled from his homeworld. Think of a cross between Hawkman and Thor, as his race are humanoids with wings. The royal family is born with power given to them by their gods, and he led a revolution against his despot father which he ultimately lost leading to his exile. He's commonly mistaken for an angel but he's very much not. I want him to be the flying brick with Superman level strength and I've considered light powers but c'mon most of these characters are already Mary Sues as is.

I can't decide on what I want for a fifth character.

Maybe a plant life/organic based heroine, who could be diametrically opposed to the Pyromantic Android in personality.

That said, that's given me the an idea for a fire-based villainess for a future script. Pyromantic is a good name.

So far you've got two boys and one girl, so another girl I'd say.

Speed, time, heat, and light. I feel like there's a theme here. Something that plays on entropy.

Could be a girl with the power to swing a black hole around like a flail.

Well I had an idea for down the line with the girl, where a villain raises her organic body without the soul and as a last ditch effort she gets mashed up with the robot version to turn her into a sort of cyborg. And I just realized you meant a separate character, but I feel like a plant based heroine wouldn't play well into the whole intergalactic problem solver thing unless she was like Swamp Thing on steroids.

I thought about someone who manipulates space, funny enough but then that concept turned into a team villain. Plus, it's three guys and yeah I guess the fifth should be a girl.

If any drawfag is around and wants to help me draw up the characters that would be greatly appreciated.

Actually maybe the fifth member could be a support kind of hero. Maybe pull it straight from an MMO and give her healing abilities and buffs.

Yeah, I meant three boys.

So I take it your time guy can't just reverse injuries Crazy Diamond style?

Hey sorry for disappearing. I did more Egyptian Gods stuff.

Shu.

I'll do more next week.

Well that's one of the limits. He can't reverse death. At some point the time stream fixes itself and that character will die anyway, even if he succeeded in the moment.

But yeah, if any drawfags helped me with this I'd buy you something

Drawfags are always in high demand. Your best bet is to be patient and also super lucky.

I kind of remember this, but I don't remember it in these threads.
Was it from the waifu making threads?

Would an extra panel of banter/world-building work? Or would that break the flow of the joke?

No I've never posted in these threads before, I'm more known in the drawthreads. I did a request and people wanted me to post more egyptian cartoons so I did.

I think I saw a different pic of the Anubis one posted in the same thread where Silver Dragon and Sand Queen were drawn and that's where I'm remembering it from.

I'll probably update the Blang page on the wiki to include the new stuff on that space empire before the next thread.

I'd give her a tef nut, if you catch no drift.

Who is /coc/'s best girl? I present my nominee.

You'll need to pick a less popular option if you want to spark a debate.

Is Bri really that popular?

>Would an extra panel of banter/world-building work?
That's what I'm looking to add. I said the script felt too short when I originally wrote it, so finalizing the roster will give me some specifics to work with.

I think so. She's probably top three.

Well people have brainstormed a bunch of character outlines, so you could see if you could come up with any gags based on them.
I would say decide which characters you have a use for then include them in the script rather than including characters and then trying to find a use for them.

Her design is amazing.

No, but the BQ people never shut up.

Hell yea.

I'd nominate Colby, as she less sexualized than Cred Forumslette or Bri.

Why do so many /coc/ girls (and "girls") have big eyebrows?

All the better to brows Cred Forums with.

I want to PORK Summer.

Bumping with Trine!
If anybody's got some great ideas to add in, let us hear it and we'll discuss!

Nah, she's too fit for my tastes

You speak blasphemy, upsidedown Satan.

I got nothing for you right now.

Might be easier to figure out stories based on issue rather than throwing everything at the wall at once.

>upsidedown Satan
wat?

But yeah the boobs are great. Definitely need more big boob characters to challenge the status quo. But I'm not into muscle so.... Bri kind of cancels herself out in my opinion.

>that
>too fit
you shitting me, user?

Nope.

Not intending to shit on anyone else's taste either. But not into fit or muscle or huge women. So for all bri's great boobs. She's not best girl.

>huge women
I'm not a BQ fag, so I don't remember the exact number, but isn't she like 5'9"?

She always seemed huge to me. I remember some size comparison chart. But I could be remembering it wrong.

Yeah, she's BIG, but not tall. Kind of stocky really, like a tank.

Nah man, you do you. It's just that I'm pretty sure that's a pic of Bri at her leanest next to Sabu's pic

I think she's 5'10", but it's agreed (at least in writing) she's not supposed to be bigger than most men, so bordering on what people would call women amazons irl.

Got it.
It was just a reminder, door is always open for discussion and bold ideas.

Without anyone to compare her to, her build makes her seem amazonian, but she's only 5'10".

Is anybody in these threads remember those old Supocalypse threads where everyone random rolled powers and then a bunch of people got super into it and hid out in some IRC chat on like widget or some shit, I remember I went back once after a couple years and there were still people there posting and talking.

Yeah, I think that's it. I guess she's not "tall" but has muscle tank build. So she looks fucking huge, especially in solo pics.

I remember the threads and it does have a page on the wiki, but there was never much crossover content of it and I never got involved with that setting.

Feels like there's another "roll super power" setting every three or four years that gets big for like a year then dies without a trace.

I'm hip but I'm saying as recent as two years ago all those guys from that specific one were still logging on everyday to talk shop about their setting. That shit is like Jurassic Park 2 or some shit, they started as an xmen rip off I wonder where they are now.

Oh, I almost forgot.
We talked about a goth/snarky girl (based on Thora Birch's Enid but more apathetic) last thread, should I move into design territory just to give the character some flesh or are we still storming ideas?

We already have an apathetic goth girl.

Oh, she's not supposed to fill in any hero slot whatsoever.

I wouldn't go with apathetic, make her drama goth.

>But I'm not into muscle so
Bri has more of the body of a power lifter. She's rarely drawn with a rippling six pack because she's got a layer of fat over everything. Essentially her visual aesthetic is built for ACTUAL power, rather than flashy muscles that look good.

She's taller than just about every /coc/ "main heroine" like Colette and Marley, but there's plenty of side characters that are markedly taller than her. Colby would tower over her, for example.

You mean like the romance types?
I'm not really familiar with the types of goths but that could work

Like they type who exaggerates things.

Erin, the most notable goth girl in /coc/, is the type who dosen't say much of anything and has a blunt personality that comes off as snark.

But this girl should care, she just dosen't know how to express how she cares. And I mean she goes overboard with details when describing things.

With the incorporation of snide remarks I suppose?
That's kinda cute in a way.

I think in her little group of 7 she is the 4th tallest. Seymour, Arthur, Laura, Briana, Sharon, Cassandra, and Carmilla.

How nice.