Have you ever hated guardian of the galaxy so much that you wrote entire episodes for both of your tv shows about how...

Have you ever hated guardian of the galaxy so much that you wrote entire episodes for both of your tv shows about how much you didn't like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG-hGQZodvw
youtu.be/QjcGjdouLrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was about superhero movies in general

I really dislike Dan Harmon.
You can tell he was bullied as a kid and never ever got over it.

What did he say? The movie was bad? EPIC XD
(Second one was pretty bad 2be fair...though he's hardly the one to make such a critique)

I actually liked the second one. Despite the quipiness, it had the most heart of any of the Marvel movies.

>both of your tv shows
R&m and...?

>you can't parody something I like

Vindicators 3 does an excellent job of encapsulating everything bad about Rick and Morty.
I wonder how the show will be now that Harmon's on the shit list.

post link to the scene and ill gib u succ

He complains about his mom leaving him in a tub of cold water as a child. He's in his fifties and refuses to bathe and cannot stop shitting himself.

He really is a distasteful person. He revels in his personality flaws to harvest comedy from them, which all well and memey when it just fucks up his own life but he's a shithead to everyone around him and keeps sabotaging his projects hundreds of people work on.

Community

It came off very cynical to me. Probably just not my type of film anyway

Have you ever been so emotionally unbalanced that you coped with your divorce by altering the formula of your hit show so that each episode revolved around the metaplot of a pathetic loser getting back together with the woman who left him?

It's the moment he gets any sort of praise. Whenever he starts a project, the first part of it usually pretty good. He puts a lot of work into it.
But then the minute people start saying that it's good, he transforms into a preachy arrogant prima donna.

He would have flourished in the time before the internet.

What was the entire episode dedicated to bashing Goth? I remember there was a one off line complaining about how boring marvel movies are

It was garbage. Characters shout their arcs on screen and solve them by monologuing, any moment of tension has an joke immediately after, there are no surprises from beginning to end. The scene in which Yondu kills everyone on the ship was alright but it doesn't nearly make up for the remaining borefest.

I hear he's leaving the Reddit and Memey writing room. Maybe the show will improve without that annoying nihilistic and family shit that dragged the show down.

Hi Dan, hows the harassment case going?

Even Roiland, who should be sucking Dan's cock for helping him get a hit show off the ground, is awkward around him and doesn't seem to want to work on any future projects with him.

What harassment case?

I really wish this fucker would be dropped from the entertainment industry. Just an all around cunt.

Jesus what a tool.

Don't you faggots hate GOTG? Why are you allowed to whine endlessly about how much you hate a dumb movie but someone like Dan Harmon isn't?

Who is "we" kemosabe?

Vindicators wasn't funny, it was Dan's little rant on why he thinks his show is much better than capeshit while being needlessly edgey. Poking fun at the superhero genre isn't new, and can be pretty funny. Dan just can't balance humor with his own hatred

Because there is a difference between whining about a movie on an Bhutanese hambone forum and using your job as a platform to whine about a movie. It's be like going to a restaurant and the server sits down and whines about a film they watched a couple weeks ago as you're trying to eat.

>Don't you faggots hate GOTG?
No. But I'm also not a faggot either.

because i'm not trying to be pretentious

I enjoyed 1 (Though I don't ever feel like watching it again) and didn't like 2 at all. But Vindicators is still a shit episode.
Can't remember the episode from Community user is referring to.

>Vindicators 3 does an excellent job of encapsulating everything bad about Rick and Morty.

That's not how you spell Pickle Rick.

Wow, fuck harmon.

Unironically this.
They were operating on the wrong levels of irony.
>haha ironic stupid plot that takes piss out of critcism you can't say it's dumb because the show says its dumb
>unironic fanwank badassery rick is hella f'n epic
>ironic le super pickle demon
>unironic "deep" speech

It's almost as if... They replaced the writing staff with people who wrote the show like fanfic

You mean Season 3.

You're confusing us with Cred Forums.

Nah, it just comes out natural for you, huh.

not like that's particularly difficult

It's no wonder Community got fucked. These last few years have opened my eyes to exactly how unbearable Dan is.

>Don't you faggots hate GOTG?
No. It's not for everyone, but hating it is a bit extreme.

Lmao, I knew something was off about this guy.

Does Dan have any friends? Because I doubt anyone would what to be around someone like him for too long?

You know the sad thing is that I genuinely liked the idea behind The Vindicators and wanted them to be played straight instead of the usual "everyone is an asshole" type thing. Stuff like being really by the book while Rick gets really sick of their hang ups, or Rick deciding to play "Supervillain" for an episode and getting really into it.

It was Avengers.
And he hated Inception so much he made it the debut episode of his series.
Really Dan strikes me as the kind of guy who probably only starts getting really irritated by something he doesn't care for when it seems like EVERYONE loves it.
So basically me
That would kind of make it even worse when Rick callously kills them in a Drunken Bender.

Well you would obviously drop the SAW shit too.

I know it's popular around these parts to hate season 3 and Harmon, but I love his writing style and I love that season 3 turned into more of a Dan Harmon show, so whenever I see people bitching about it, i laugh at their misfortune.

Please tell me that isn’t real.

w/e helps you sleep at night

Come on Dan, this ain't healthy.

It's somewhat ironic that people who browse Cred Forums would be complaining about someone for having personality flaws.

Shut up, Dan. Your shameless marketing of Pickle Rick on here was annoying

>dude I'm being a prick but I'll point it out so its funny lmao

Very glad he doesn't have kids and his wife left him, but if I know my self-destructive fuck-ups he'll get a girl pregnant "by accident" eventually.

One small change:
>You can tell he thinks he was bullied as a kid and never ever got over it.

I guarantee he is the kind of guy that dished it but could never take it.

Yeah, but we're not proud of them. That's why we browse an anonymous image board, we don't want people to know who we are because we're so ashamed of our flaws.

Dan prides himself on them.

I want to fuck his ex wife

That question was deliberately asked to put Justin into an uncomfortable position, but he framed it in a way that he could fall back on "Dude, it's just a joke!" if someone calls him out. I'm glad Chevy got him fired from his own show. Too bad he got back in.

It's weird because I can see a lot of Troma/Gunn in Dan Harmon. It's just that Dan Harmon's like the insincere corporate cash-in version. The Sharknado of writers.

Seconded.
Poor guy sounds so sad every time he introduces her on Harmonquest as his "formerly better half"

was it really specifically GotG? I thought it was just a jab at cape team-ups in general.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen also did the same thing with how such a volatile gathering of people can fall apart at the drop of a hat.

also Watchmen and pretty much any "Capes but REAL" story

>yfw some of his criticisms of superhero movies apply to R&M

What did he mean by this?

But you see... R&M does it ironically.

You also forgot the "You're not evil Beth, you're smart". It's like some edgelord copypasta you see on Cred Forums

>Characters shout their arcs on screen and solve them by monologuing, any moment of tension has an joke immediately after
these are not exlusively bad

This. It would've been a better twist if they were genuinely good people and heroes.

Dan has a lot of good ideas but the moment you let him write actual episodes, especially the ones past the initial batch, his shit always becomes unbearably bad.
He should just do it the Matt Groening way, think of a setting and a couple of characters and then let others do the writing for it.

He did that for R&M season 3 and look what happened

He thinks that his flaws make him "dynamic" as if he himself is a character in one of his shows. It's the same kind of intellectualized detached nihilism Rick himself has, though he isn't aware of it because it's deprecating instead of aggrandizing.

I thought it was fine. It was an alright series of space opera movies.

What good ideas? Most of his episodes are centered around a movie plot. While not exactly new in terms of parody, he's become more and more reliant on them for basic scripts. A good one was Anatomy Park, because it was Fantastic Voyage meets Jurassic Park. Now its just "Hey we're doing Mad Max!" and a weird mashup of Avengers meets.....SAW?

Definately this.

He doesn't write comedy, all he does is meta and unfunny asshole
The fact that he has fans at all is a mystery to me, I can even understand moviebob having really young kids or retards who think he is smart watching him but whenever Harmon opens his mouth I don't even care what he is going to say I just want to punch him
He is a cunt to everyone and he enjoys it because he is a pathetic man who never got over being 10 and wanting to get revenge on the bullies
I can only feel sorry for the people forced to work for him

This fucking guy is Bojack horseman if Bojack wasn't able to feel any remorse or guilt over anything he does and took pleasure in abusing other people

I have this belief that Rick and Morty is honorary Cred Forums the same way Dragonball is honorary Cred Forums. Dan is someone who bases a lot of his shit around tropes and classic (read, not really classic but 80s) Hollywood, which he tries to extract meaning from like a college research paper.

Justin is much more of a jack of all trades guy, acting, live-action production, comics, cartoons, and now VR. He's very formally expressive with a really defined sense of humor while Dan is just kind of abstract and floaty.

>Dragonball is honorary Cred Forums
Stop this meme. It's just Cred Forums fags having the same discussion over and over again

Also he always writes pathetic or abusive or absent father figures so there's clearly some issues there

Dragonball can be discussed on literally every single board because everyone watched it.
Same as how Simpsons was able to be discussed on every boards before the two memes happened.

>Cred Forums hates him
>Cred Forums hates him
>Cred Forums hates him
>Tumblr hates him
Is Dan dare I say it [our guy?]

No, he's quite literally r.eddit's guy.
They love him and he loves them because he can just enter a circlejerk that only tells him how much they wanna suck his dick.

Nah
Dan is /ourguy/ because everyone who knows him hates him.
Reddit loves his shows but that's only skin deep and ignoring all the bad part of them. Even redditors with a critical eye can tell when his shit turns bad.

He's a self-loathing nerd. He belongs here. He's one of us. Gooble gobble.

Had it been season one I could have seen that happen.

The first three seasons of Community were pretty good but in retrospect you could see some trends that would get a lot worse over time. Other people must have diluted his influence.

Well the least they can do is start a discussion that isn't fucking "Goku vs Superman". But that's an argument for another thread

Season 2 liked to shit on Rick unabashedly so it could have been possible then too
Season 3 is just "DAE being smart is a curse lol"

S1 and S2 had Rick being a shitty person because he was a shitty person, not because he was le enlightened Mensa member

Matt Groening is responsible for it looking like ass and having stiff animation, he has a obsession with having everything ON MODEL

Doesn't help that Season 3 Rick goes full "IM A FUCKING GOD!"

same.

That's the real weakness of S3. Rick faces very infrequent comeuppance and when he does it's in an unfunny or unsatisfying way.

S2: Rick tries to kill himself when an evil enslaving meta-mind tells him he's cancer
S3: Rick is bummed out on the ride home when a literally who psychologist tells him he's too smart to be happy

That's alright I hate his show so never watch it so all good

eeeeeooohhhh

Fuck Dan, Justin is worth way more now and has launched a bunch of pilots for Adult Swim (Hot Streets being the first to go to series). He doesn't really care when he makes something new because Rick & Morty was and is, his passion project. Dan should just fuck right off and if he wants a "Nest Egg" he should get off his fat ass and do that Community movie he won't shut up about!

>Stuff like being really by the book while Rick gets really sick of their hang ups,

Somehow, that feels like it could lead to a lot of funnier moments.

>Rick is having a drink and offers to buy Vance something
>Vance reveals his 'cocktail' is really just a virgin drink mix and he's a recovering alcoholic of five years and can't risk touching the stuff

Actually, I think you could have the Vindicators still turn into assholes and Rick kind of have a point, but it's from Rick's influence, sort of solidifying how Rick is a toxic influence to everyone around him and, for Dan's sake, the arc Morty undergoes is accepting even his heroes can ultimately fall short and that he desperately needs to untangle himself from Rick somehow or get Rick out of the picture, setting up a subplot throughout the remainder of the season.

Maybe have the Vidicators get a bit better by the the end and realize "oh, fuck, what did we let ourselves get talked into?"

>that one time on stage when he said that Trump getting elected proves that half of the US population are nazis
This guy has issues with reality.

Justin is carrying Rick and Morty on his back anyway.

I respectfully disagree. My biggest issue with the film was that it felt like everything had to be a joke. Peter and Ego’s fight was the perfect illustration of this, Peter using his powers to form a giant Pac-Man was a shoe horned joke that ripped me right out of the movie.

>a shoe horned joke
That was set up earlier in the movie...

We can hope

Yeah I have to agree the Pacman thing was lame, but I liked the emotional basis of the fight. I liked the stupid "You shouldn't have crushed my Walk-man and you shouldn't have killed my mom!"
Because Peter is an emotional child. He's very straight forward. It's like he was 12 years old and abducted by space aliens and stayed that age mentally.

Aside from Peter, everyone in the movie had emotional development, in some way, which is rare in a super hero movie.
A stand out moment was Drax and Mantis. Who were funny together, but also emotional, which I guess describes all of Gunn's GotG

he talks about mumbling shit in highschool all the time and almost getting the piss beat out of him in a podcast

Just because they foreshadowed Pac-Man at the beginning doesn’t mean the pay off had to be so forced. It was shoehorned.

Weird. Looking at the writers for each episode, Justin Roiland only officially wrote Rick Potion #9, Rixty Minutes, Interdimensional Cable 2, Mind Blowers Look Whose Purging now, and the pilot of course.

His critique of superheroes was so fucking bad too in R&M, shit was like one of those MS Paint comics that you see on Facebook """deconstructing"" a movie and it's all just a bunch of lazy ad hominem shit from someone who has never read a comic and probably enjoys literally nothing due to being miserable constantly.

No, we're not a moronic meme-spouting hivemind like Cred Forums. Cred Forums really doesn't feel unanimously about nearly anything and we're generally much more MCU-positive than most assume.

If you listen to his podcast he says he caught it while in a hotel while not feeling well on a trip he wasn't enjoying and that could be the reason he didn't like it.

You snowflakes take jokes way too seriously.

>psychologist tells him he's too smart to be happy
did this actually happen

PIGGLE RIG

>jokes
he seems to have forgotten that jokes are supposed to be funny

It’s more like “you jerk yourself off for being so smart but you’re still a miserable self-sabotaging fuck”. It’s suprisingly self-aware for a show like Rick and Morty.

That being said like 6 episodes later we get “you’re not evil, you’re just smart”.

No, user's just a fucking mouth-breathing pants-shitting brainlet. The psychologist told him that he lazily uses his intelligence as an excuse for his shitty behavior and that that's the crux of most of his problems.

He's referring to the guest appearance he did on Game Grumps.
youtube.com/watch?v=lG-hGQZodvw

>make his head Jerry
subtle trolling

>Interdimensional Cable 2
Justin...

I liked the octopus person bit a lot

Dan Harmon's hilarious. The problem's with you.

Dan Harmon is funny, but his "i don't care about anything" schtick gets tiresome.

I don't know who this person is, but if he hates guardians of reddit, he must be a man with impeccable taste.

>The scene in which Yondu kills everyone on the ship was alright
> any moment of tension has an joke immediately after
>there are no surprises from beginning to end.
Ah! A fellow Redlettermediite! I also get all of my opinions from the two most trustworthy critics, Mike and Jay!

>he must be a man with impeccable taste.

>The first three seasons of Community were pretty good
That's because of all the other writers.

>Yeah, but we're not proud of them.
bullshit

we're perfectly happy to roll around in our own feces until we see someone we don't like doing it, at which point we promptly dust ourselves off, step up onto a pedestal and decide that we're all perfectly well-adjusted individuals from upper-middle class fundamentalist families who couldn't possibly fathom how another person could be flawed in any capacity.

we literally hate ourselves so much that we hate other people for being us

But we're still anonymous.

Until we start attaching our social media with our real names to it, we clearly want to hide our bad behavior.

It was entertaining. Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it's a good movie.

don't attach nobility to anonymity

we're anonymous because it allows us to spout and indulge in our detestable, loathsome bullshit without having to suffer any repercussions because we're weaselly cowards who typically possess the social acumen of styrofoam.

Dan Harmon is literally what happens when a Cred Forums user manages to luck out and become rich and famous but then realises that he's still a miserable broken person who nobody could ever love.

All you're doing is proving that we use anonymity because we're too embarrassed to be associated with our shitposting.

There is an enormous difference between if someone were to call you a faggot while hiding behind a monitor with a fake name and calling someone a faggot in person while writing speeches on your blog about how society forced you to call that man a faggot.

Dan is the latter.

All you're proving is that Harmon at least has the courage to share his opinions and ideas with the world without hiding behind a veil of anonymity. The fact that you think you're somehow better morally and intellectually because you hide your degeneracy from the world for fear of being rejected is pretty laughable.

I don't even particularly like Harmon, I just think it's a bit rich that you faggots are ripping into him for being an emotionally damaged manchild in-between masturbating to drawings of underaged japanese girls and screeching autistically because your picture book is being written wrong.

>All you're proving is that Harmon at least has the courage to share his opinions
>Not being mindful of what you say to others even if it means being a straight-up asshole when it could have been avoided = courage

>The fact that you think you're somehow better morally and intellectually because you hide your degeneracy from the world for fear of being rejected is pretty laughable.
>Repeatedly stating that we're ashamed = believing you're morally superior

You either have serious reading comprehension issues or make gigantic leaps in logic just to try and be the most contrarian person in this thread.

>WHY DIDNT YOU COME TO MEEEEE?! LET ME ATTACK YOU IN FRONT OF THE WORLD BECAUSE OF MY FEE-FEEEES

admit it, you just read this in his voice

You're either thinking of the one where Abed slaps together an intentionally shitty b-movie or the series finale. Both season six though.

That user will have to find out the hard way.

Didn't he do something for Doctor Strange?

Isn't being the most contrarian person in the thread simply being sincere?

youtu.be/QjcGjdouLrU

do you know what shoe horned means?

>guardians of reddit

They actually are. Show don't tell is a fundamental part of storytelling.

>(Second one was pretty bad 2be fair...though he's hardly the one to make such a critique)

I liked it more than any of the other recent Marvel movies honestly.,

There's a difference between me typing a few posts about how a movie's shit, and Dan Harmon spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to write, animate, and air an episode of a nationally syndicated TV show about how much better his deep, nihilistic self-insert character is than superheroes for children.

Community was so good
Rick and Morty is so good
But Harmon is such an unlikable hack

If you want to see how far Dan Harmon has sunk, watch the second season of Harmon Quest. He drags the show down whenever he speaks and the edit gives him way too much air time. Then 2/3 of the season is nambypamby bullshit but some of the episodes are downright embarrassing for him. He really broke new ground in terms of cuckery. It's so sad but now, when he does his pod cast, they don't even have a live audience any more. Stick a fork in him, ladies. He's done!

If you want to know the kind of effect dan Harmon has on people, listen to the season 1 community commentaries with him on them. He sucks the fun out of every one of them and ruins them. Go one step further and compare them to season 2 ' s commentaries where he shuts the fuck up and it's so much better. Dude is an asshole.
Triple posting just to reiterate fuck this guy.

And he did a good job of it.
Not a merit to Dan at all though, its just that the superhero genre is a boring yet dangerous cancer destroying the majority of western fantasy media.
Ironically, his observation wasnt special.

Due to my cynical nature I fear to end up like this fat fuck.
>Alone
>Fat
>Reliant on pity humor
>Lazy ass hack

I need to change

2 had some flaws, but the overall message about fatherhood was pretty well done and it's still not a bad movie

>autistically strawmanning ideals and childishly murdering expys is “”””parody””””

Honestly more embarassing than anything

Go away, Dan.

I still want a Community movie. Then he can kill himself.

as someone who hates GOTG,no,hes not

Well, he's somewhat likeable on Harmontown, even though lately he brags about his typical whitebread American version of activism (which is to say: minimal effort followed by virtue signaling).

His humor works well when he's together with friends like Jeff Davis or Rob Schrab. While his flaws can be entertaining on stage, and his attempts at reflecting on them somewhat cute, he needs other people that bounce off of him to be likeable. The other side is that he's probably a giant asshole when he's not off camera or microphone.

I like the stuff he produces, though, and I like Harmontown. The fact that people get upset about him taking down all those project is a testament to the fact that those project at least can be considered good. But I don't think the character of showbiz people is all that important, I don't know'em and most of them I have no interest in meeting. It's the content that counts, not the behind-the-scenes.

There's no live audience anymore because as it turns out, it was illegal for them to host an audience from the start, because of fire regulations.

And instead of rectifying this and bringing back a crucial component of their show, they just go without and let the whole thing suffer. And this has been going on for months. They need to go on tour again. Book some venues. Make some money. Then they can invest in a permanent place to record that's up to code.

You could have found a space for it though. Not that i think its a good show but this just seems like harmon doesn't understand how business works.

Lucky digits.

When the bully was frozen by rick and shattered into peices in the pilot I knew I wouldn't enjoy the show.
Gore involving kids just isn't my thing, maybe reddit gets a kick out of that shit but I'm not invested in an animated bully revenge fantasy.

>first three

You mean first two, and even season 2 had a few weak episodes

You are one giant faggot and pussy. More importantly,

>calling a 17 year old criminal a "kid"

You are cancer and should be killed for the good of society.

He dindu nuffin

I took the vindicators episode as the one that basically made Rick into infallible, undefeatable godmode. Before that he had genuine threats that he had to run from or would have killed him. But he just breezed through everything constantly bragging about how he is capable of accomplishing anything and everything he wants effortlessly. Then the rest of the season after continued doing this.

It was like watching cynical cartoon version of Dr Who at this point. Just the adventures of an all knowing godlike being who likes to slum it with some normies and never see a single problem while teaching the viewer some ham-fisted morality lesson in place of a plot.

He actually compares himself to Dr. Who in the last episode.

I liked how he got BTFO by Jerry at the end though. He pretty much exhausted and alienated his entire family with nihilism (and a bit of misogyny thrown Summer and Beth's way) that they decided that banal contentment with their milquetoast patriarch was they way to go.

I know of the Vindicators episode, what was the other episode complaining about superhero movies?

Exact reason I dropped Breaking Bad. Fuck the writers thinking shooting an innocent kid on a bike makes for good ratings.

>shooting an innocent kid on a bike
Oh so it wasn't just a Family Guy gag?

>Well, he's somewhat likeable on Harmontown, even though lately he brags about his typical whitebread American version of activism
I enjoyed Harmontown for a while, but I just got so fucking sick of Dan apologizing for being successful and narcissistically reveling and wallowing in guilt over it. You've worked hard, you have successful shows that people connect with and enjoy. Like, that's OKAY. It's a GOOD thing. It's alright for you to think that's pretty neat.

On the surface, he was promoting diversity and inclusivity (which I am for and have no problem with in theory, mind you), but it quickly became obvious that it was less about him caring about other people, their circumstances and wanting to hear their stories, and more about him just clearly loathing himself, and the whole fucking show just turned into such a fucking bummer every time that happened, which was multiple times per show.

But he hated the episode, he said so multiple times.
And I agree, it was poorly written.

So you're telling me no conflict should ever be solved by talking things out?

Most of his stuff seems to be
>Hey I just watched Purge, let's make an episode of that
>Hey I just watched Inception, let's make an episode of that
>Hey I just watched Avengers, let's make an episode of that

>bad things should never happen to kids in fiction
I guess Lord of the Flies sucks now

I loved both GotG films. Pity you can't bring up 2 here without autists screaming about how much they hate it.

I could say that about BOTH GoTG films, TBHFHfam.

As for R&M - whose exactly looking forward to the inevitable trainwreck that is S4???

>Grown adult shoots a kid just for shock

So did I, user - and fuck Cred Forums for being whiny bitches about THAT (as in, enjoying BOTH films.).

BTW, this isn't a R&M thread, is it? I'm sure we can all agree S4 is gonna be a huge mess.

Isn’t that Chrischan?

That wasn't for shock, though. It characterizes Todd, it shows the depth of Walt's moral depravity beyond even the end of Season 4, and the fallout from the shooting influences Jessie's decision-making for the rest of the series.

I thought that was just a joke on game grumps

not really, that's why it's called being contrarian
you're being intentionally insincere

if anything just unabashedly saying whatever opinions you have out loud and calling people faggots to their face is more a sign of cowardice or at least immense stupidity
It takes courage to know when to be composed and restrain what you say

Sounds like Harmon is kind of manipulative.

He's the money faucet and I think he relishes having that power over his loser friends

Telling is only bad if you don't also show.

Hey man, leave the friends out of it. We're shitting on Dan here