IDW Transformers Rebooting

Now that this is confirmed what are your hopes for the reboot?

Other urls found in this thread:

seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-transformers-brand-interview-idw-unicron-g1-bumblebee-more-hasbrotoyfair-nytf/40719/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Since they know nothing will matter have a glorious ending where the one true ruler of all Cybertronians is the valiant Starscream, who unites the neutrals, the Autobots, the Decepticons, and all their allies together into a peaceful galactic hegemony.

I hope It’s like Infiltration or MTMTE season 1 in that feels like a fresh reboot with a healthy mix of the usual suspects, fan favourites and literal who’s who get focus fir a change.

I just hope IDWs current saga has a good ending, like they find the knights and or the Transformers race are finally united.....just give it a decent ending.

Hopefully fembots from the get go so nobody has another Spotlight Arcee or Anode.

Less gay shit.

Different writers.

Less G1 pandering.

/thread

Is the Hasbro-verse being abandoned?

Assumably so.

Any word on new G.I. Joe or other series?

>soft
>in some fashion
call me when there's actually something to talk about. at MOST this sound like another ations-to-ahm or ongoing-to-mtmte/rid

Yeah. Roberts has been tweeting about how Lost Light is nearing it's Season 3 finale. Not it's series finale.

They're just gonna relaunch the TF books with new #1s and try to trick people into thinking something new is happening.

They should just keep ROM woth the TF and scrap everything else. Dire Wraith Transformers were pretty cool.

>Mlp rebooting
>Transformers rebooting
What will Hasbro reboot next?

Jem?

Well, they have their hands into Power Rangers now.

I hope they make it less gay.

Only toys

>A sorta kinda reboot

So another title change again.

I fucking hate Transformers so best case scenario each issue’s pages would all be blank

Transformers fans would still buy every issue though, knowing them

It's ok user. I'm sure there is someone out there who cares deeply for your hurt feelings.

Yeah, YOUR MOM!!!

lol roasted

Does your mom not love you? Do you even have a mom? I'm sure my mom would cared for you too.

user that was cringy af.

Having made a poor impression with you will haunt me for the rest of my days

I didn’t say your mom was the only one, just that she did

I just feel like these 80’s properties have outstayed their welcome. The shit ain’t fresh. And I worry there’s no success behind new generation’s equivalent series because the companies don’t want to put the energy and resources into it because people will just buy TMNT, Transformers, Marvel stuff for eternity. Like people stay ‘into’ this stuff their whole lives now, I don’t like that kid’s shows are catered towards adults is all. It creeps me out that

SONIC CROSSOVER

SALLY IS DEEAAAAD

Death Egg Unicron

oh god, it still isn't even close to ending.

what the hell could Roberts have it mind beyond the endgame he's setting up right now? What he's doing now can make for a fine finale (if he doesn't botch it up)

No girls, no gays, no shipping, only war.

I hope they continue with the two ongoings format -- and that Roberts continue to write one of them.

I know some of you don't like JR, but its the only reason why I keep reading TF comics at all, even if his books have become a flanderization of themselves.

At least they're not as bogged down with Hasbroverse shit as the Barber book.

That's true.

But i hope if Roberts continues to write an ongoing, he mixes it up.

Or gets to write different characters.

I'd like to see him and Barber swap characters and see how that would work.

I don't think JRo has the right voice for Optimus.

He wrote Megatron well because Megatron was isolated from all the other decepticons and the politics.

His other serious characters were serious because that was part of the joke.

JRo works better with settings set apart of big conflicts rather than settings revolving around big wars.

JRo's biggest flaw is that he has made a parody of some of his storytelling elements. SHOCKING DEATHS! DIABOLOS EX MACHINA! 4TH META TO THE MAX!

I mean... he brought Star Saber back to curbstomp the protectobots in a matter of a few pages -- back in Season 1 and even Season 2, that would have lasted at least 2 issues.

I love Roberts when he's good but MTMTE season 2 was a huge turn off. It was too wrapped up in it's own quirkiness and pandered way too hard to the fandom and just lacked a lot of season 1's general quality.

There were some elements in Season 2 that were great, but there were some issues that were a complete drag -- like the dance thing with music references to the brit music scene of the 80s-90s and such.

Season 2 is still better than LL 1 - 9.

And LL#10 onward feels like JRo overcompensating.

yeah i guess you're right about it.

still i've enjoyed every issue since then.....yes even 13 inspite of Anode.

it feels like JRo trying to give us all that we liked about Season 1 and 2 but incredibly rushed.

No more redemption of villains. When you are making Megatron and Shockwave good guys, you are going too far. More crazy bat shit plans like the stuff Galvatron used to do in the old cartoons.

Yeah I don't think he'd be able to resist making Optimus a fraud and a bore, he's got that britwriter sneering contempt for heroism unless it's a joke or a last minute desperate sacrifice.

I haven't read ALL yet but season 2 was rushed as hell so that doesn't bode well in my eyes.

The full quote. Sounds vague enough that they may actually be planning on taking it away from IDW at the end of the year like we were speculating.

And who would take that franchise? Also, kinda would suck for IDW given that the only reason they sacrificed TFs with the shared Hasbroverse was at the behest of Hasbro themselves.

Boom. Makes it so they only have to deal with one company since they just got the PR toy rights and are rumored to be buying it outright.

That would mean the end of all Hasbro comics, including ARAH, right?

The firing of James "How Dare You" Roberts.

No

Yeah but let's be real Boom would hire Hama to keep writing it.

>Less G1 pandering.
so, are you looking for more Beast Wars, an Armada revival, or something with the G2 characters, whoever they were?

Hopefully they quit it with the shitty Earth based stories in the reboot. It’s the worst part of the IDW Transformers books.

They're never going to get rid of Earth because Transformers need to change into Earth cars because the whole appeal is "look this car i recognize changes into a fighting robot!".

No more crossovers. I want to read Transformers, not Hasbro feat. Transformers.

I don’t have an issue with Earth. I have an issue with how crappy the Earth based stuff is. And then all this crossover shit made it worse.

How the fuck do you get "planning on taking it away from IDW" from this?
>but we will collaborate on more stories

>Sounds vague enough that they may actually be planning on taking it away from IDW at the end of the year like we were speculating.

No it doesn't you fucktard.

Unicron #0 preview!

That's it that's the whole preview.

He's back!

How...

Ideally EVERYTHING ELSE gets rebooted.

We get a rebooted GI Joe with male Dial Tone, Male Salvo, Male Doc part of the main cast as a mea culpa to fans. Also, OG Cobra Commander running Cobra.

Similarly, bring back the REAL MASK.

As for TF, opening comic has non-tranny Arcee pointblank murder Galvatron's psycho tranny brother after catching him impersonating Arcee on behalf of Lockdown/Airachnid and then chewing out the rest of the Autobots for being so mentally retarded that they truly though a man painted pink was Arcee.

Oh and Grimlock beating up Prowl to restore the proper dynamic of Prowl being Grimlock's bitch boy who he beats up whenever Optimus yells at him for being a dick. And SJW Megatron/Shockwave/Soundwave being retconned as part of a movie Thundercracker made in Hollywood and Windblade/Starscream Thundercracker's prisoners with President Starscream and President Windblade retconned as the two being forced to play out Thundercracker's sick scenarios for his movies, as far as explaining it away.

No.

it says the opposite you idiot.

when are they gonna show his return?

Well he says he's glad to see Rom again, but we've never seen him with Rom before. So in a surprise twist, it will be in the finale issue of Rom & the Micronauts, mirroring the shock death in Transformers vs. Visionaries.

>but we've never seen him with Rom before.
We have. The whole ROM vs TF flashback thing they had going on.

I'm banking on a hard reboot but the last two times sales dipped like current sales IDW just did a soft reboot (All Hail Megatron & The Death of Optimus Prime)

finally settled on a voice for Rom.

Darin De Paul doing his Samuel Hayden voice.

This.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Give it back to Marvel.

Nooooo ROM's planet.
Yaaaaay Bee is back.

reboots almost never work since all they do is just bookend and never grab the intended audience. Hopefully this isn't a case of "Same as the first just worst" or "We're so different it's unrecognizable".
Anyway, Soundwave better be the 2nd in command and not Starscream.

Fuck no, Marvel is still shit and it shouldn't go back at least until Yoshida has restored some order.

Yeah, Maybe if it was Marvel UK.

Retire bitch.

Do FCBD issues usually get previews? Aren't they, you know, FREE?

Yes they get previews. Whole point is to get your ass in a comic shop.

I would think FREE COMIC BOOK DAY would do that itself

Well the PREVIEW is to get you HYPED for the FREE COMIC which you have to GO TO THE STORE to get.

>Elonia is dead

Well fuck, now I kind hope they DO reboot.

Remember how a few days ago "IDW is rebooting" was just a rumor?

That it is not actually a reboot, just trimming the fat and going forward to telling NEW stories.

Get rid of the Hasbro Toy Universe shite (Visionaries? Fucking really?!), put a definite end to the storylines we have got dragging on for altogether too long now (Just WTF are the knights of Cybertron? Can the Lost Light finally reach Cyberutopia please? When is Shockwave coming back? Are we EVER getting some kind of resolution to the Scorponok/Headmasters idea? What is the Dead Universe, anyway?

Also, calling it now: Prime is an actual Prime and he is gonna use his Prime Power to resurrect Bumblebee.

Implying that they won't make stuff that ends up on the show like Bandai did.

The current issues are about Optimus being a real Prime.

I bet he will use his Secret Prime Powers to resurrect Bee.

Nope... that is over.

Give it back to Dreamwave!
It's been over ten years, Pat needs a new set of wheels!

>Just WTF are the knights of Cybertron?
We'll find out.
>Can the Lost Light finally reach Cyberutopia please?
They already did.
>When is Shockwave coming back?
Never, he's dead.
>Are we EVER getting some kind of resolution to the Scorponok/Headmasters idea?
Ask again after this week.
>What is the Dead Universe, anyway?
Dead and gone forever.

This.
is a fucking idiot, nothing about that says they're taking the license away, you want it so bad you're forcing yourself to see it in nothing holy fuck.

This all sounds horrible user. All of it.

>Never, he's dead.

Lost in time!

But he will return, when Cybertron needs him most.

>Dead and gone forever.

How? The D-Void may have been pushed back, but the dead universe still exists.

[Headcanon: The Dead Universe is what happens when Unicron gets through with a normal universe]

Shockwave used time shenanigans to both create and destroy the Dead Universe at the same time, causing the whole thing to collapse on itself inside a singularity/black hole/whatever.

And before that, Optimus shot him.

>Shockwave used time shenanigans to both create and destroy the Dead Universe at the same time

Wat.

Was that in Dark Cybertron? Because I did NOT get that from that.

Yeah. He took all the energy from another universe, leaving it lifeless and dead. A "dead" universe.

Shockwave's plan was to destroy all of time and space except for Cybetron, which would absorb the energy of the rest of existence. Optimus and Megatron blast him, destroying the chronal drive in his body and causing whats left of the Dead Universe to collapse on itself.

>He took all the energy from another universe

Are you really quite absolutely sure. I was under the impression he was 'compressing' Cybertron's native universe into an eternal energy source for the planet in a forever-now. No Dead Universe mentioned.

I'll have to re-read it...

[checks]

You are, of course, absolutely right. Huh. I completely missed that. Tsk, tsk.

Dark Cybertron was the curtain call on Dark Universe, as far as wrapping it up.

Also Scorponok's back simply because IDW made him Grimlock's rival and they need someone for Grimlock to fight now that he's back with his mind restored.

Also, Bumblebee was confirmed not dead but exiled in another dimension, hence his conversations with Starscream not being hallucinations but him actually talking to Bee

GI Joe needs to a major retool and bringing back characters who have been fucked over due to political correctness pandering is an easy band aid to placate fans.

MASK is a different thing; SJW MASK so badly scorched earth things, that it's got to be full-on rebooted from scratch.

Ideally, make MASK a retro-series that took place in the 80s and have a big plot point being that MASK/Venom went missing. Or even do a Captain America and have MASK/Venom active in the 80s but due to time travel shennanigans, end up in the present day and use it as a metaphor for 80s nostalgia in the super-cynical '10s.

I may be missing some shit, but IIRC the whole point for Dark Cybertron and Shockwave's master plan was to use the various ores to power a machine that would consume the dead universe ala the Anti-Monitor consuming DC parallel universes.

Once the Dead Universe was consumed, the power now in the machine would active additional devices seeded all over the Crystal City that would consume the rest of the universe and basically channel the rest of the universe's raw energy, into Cybertron and creature a singularity style black hole where ONLY Cybertron would exist and the consumption of existence itself would ensure Cybertron would never die out again.

Prime/Megatron stopped him and in the process, destroyed the machine taking him, the Crystal City, and Bumblebee's corpse into the protective black hole that was going to contain Cybertron once existence was destroyed.

We still don't know what happened to Shockwave, but Bumblebee is now up and walking about in the Crystal City, which is stuck outside time and space in said black hole and talking to Starscream, who apparently is the only one who can see or hear him.

Remember the people claiming CANCELLED and the "reboot" through new licencees because IDW was going to lose it? Don't fucking try to gaslight this by claiming something else.

>Ideally, make MASK a retro-series that took place in the 80s and have a big plot point being that MASK/Venom went missing. Or even do a Captain America and have MASK/Venom active in the 80s but due to time travel shennanigans, end up in the present day and use it as a metaphor for 80s nostalgia in the super-cynical '10s.

That's an interesting idea. The 80s are kind of like the 50s in terms of idealized pasts and in the right hands, it could work.

Please get your autism under control

IDW so fucked up these last couple of years, that a reboot/cancellation is preferable at this point. So forgive a lot of us for wanting to meme cancellation and revocation of the license into a reality

Aren't people getting tired being exposed to human/earth based military action like GI Joe?

Too bad ROM has to go down with them...

The toy and ticket sales seem to suggest so.

Hmm, so first we find out that Bayformers is ending, and now we find out that IDW's getting "rebooted"? Kind of sounds like Hasbro wants to do a major revamp of the entire Transformers property.

Bayformers is just taking a break. Theres no guarantee its ending. Yet.

>The points that Brian made about the reboot of the film franchise after Bumblebee? For sure, our team is working closely with Paramount and Machinima regarding the next chapter and the product lines associated with that. No decision is made independently from film partners, so we are part of this conversation on what’s next and when should we deliver the next thing. Our attention right now is to focus on Bumblebee [The Movie]. I think the film has come along great. We’ve seen a lot of footage, cuts, takes. Toyline looks fantastic. I think there is a lot of directions we could take, post that. There are toy concepts we are working on. Nothing stops us. You guys saw downstairs, right? We have Cyberverse cranking. That’s coming out soon. We have Studio Series, we have Bumblebee film toyline, for Generations a new trilogy announced. Any shifts, we have to deal with it. Either pause or just charge head-on. This is one where we are going to collectively pause, sow for what’s the next best story is and then put a toyline around that. In no way that it distracts us.“

idw reboot is just another title change.

MASK isn't supposed to be military. It's super-hero hijinks with two private citizens groups (MASK and VENOM) and their privately built transforming vehicles, going on adventures and fighting each other while engaging in Johnny Quest style adventures. Also, a story of revenge, in terms of Miles Meyham murdering Matt Tracker's brother as why Matt and MASK are hellbent on stopping Miles/Venom.

It's also the story of a single father and his son in terms of Matt Tracker raising a son while trying to avenge his brother's murder at the hands of Miles Meyham, which is one of the other ways IDW raped the MASK franchise since Black Trakker was still married and the wife alive, with no mention of a dead brother in terms of making Black Trakker an INO bastardization of the real Matt Tracker.

My hopes are: nothing bad happens. IDW has make excellent TF. They started All Hail Megatron well, but forgot what they were doing. But I've loved Lost Light and TF-More. They did everything right that the cartoon got right and mostly avoided some of the things the cartoon got wrong (like the kill everybody part of the TF 80s movie, and everything from the Bey movie).
So if they have to reboot, I'd have to admit it's in good hands. Just wrap up and end the current series, have an issue or two of the new series be the origin/setup of the story, and continue in whatever bold new direction the parade of crazy robots should go. A reboot is supposed to mean putting the pieces back at square one, it doesn't mean that the previous game never happened.
Don't vote for Burgertrump, vote for Starscream!

IDW's main universe IS a G1 universe. Its gone off any particular basis in G1 lore now, but thats to be expected with any G1 continuity that goes on long enough. even before Beast Wars the G1 comic and cartoon ended up really different.

If they are going to relaunch the TF line, I would presume the following books are generated:

1. Earth based MTMTE/Lost Light book. Transformers on Earth having all sorts of wacky adventures, minus the "name" characters (IE Ratchet, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, Blaster, Cyclonus). They might dump Victorian onto this book for Roberts to flesh out.

2. Cybertron based book with Optimus running Cybertron. Decepticon intrigue with Megatron/Soundwave/Shockwave reuniting the Decepticon movement under Prime's nose, to slow build the restart of the Great War.

3. Starscream/Windblade team up book. Windblade traveling as an ambassador for the Cybertron under Optimus and Starscream having gotten a job as her bodyguard, in part because Starscream doesn't want to be dragged back into Megatron's plans to resume the Great War.

4. Transformers Spotlight: Ongoing series, not a series of one-offs; spotlighting individual Transformers and wrapping up any remaining loose ends.

I'd also presume that this would be the perfect time to FINALLY launch a "G1 Cartoon: the Missing Years" ongoing, that explores what happened between Transformers S2 and Transformers the Movie during the 20 year gap.

Ideally you reboot but have the cheat of a couple of characters retain memories of the previous timeline. Ultra Magnus, Starscream, Windblade, maybe Bumblebee and Thundercracker and Prowl.

They met in ROM vs Transformers

If IDW will reboot the franchise anyway, he must stay dead

No.One.Cares. About. MASK.

Anyone remember the good old days of the TF comics where some of the GoBots had a cameo?

A earth based MTMTE would be even more self indulgent with pop culture though.

That said I’d like to see the cast of the comic on Earth.

I do. Just not the MASK IDW is trying to push.

You mean when they would show up to die?

>MASK is a different thing; SJW MASK so badly scorched earth things, that it's got to be full-on rebooted from scratch.
Weren't you spewing the same overreaction last thread? Chill out, this can't be healthy for you.

Not an overreaction if it's the truth.

"Hey guys aren't Gobots so lame? Let's watch them die horribly."

All the people who kept saying the reboot was just rumors must feel so dumb right now.

I hope they fire all the current writers and bring in new faces, otherwise it'll be the same old shit but with a different title slapped on it.

>reboot
>James Roberts' MTMTE/Lost Light is getting erased from continuity

We could be so lucky.

Eat a dick

How dare you.

We will never be free of him.

Go back to earth

good

That’d make it a huge waste and make never buy IDW ever again.

I've seen people make fun of Jro with this but I've never seen the context, where's this originate from?

Some tweet where someone had the gall to criticize his writing.

is he really that sensitive...like really

He writes about gay robots with gender identity issues. Of course he's sensitive.

Someone got triggered. Roberts got snarky.

He searches his name and MTMTE/Lost Light on twitter every day just to quote tweet people who criticize his comic so yes. He really is that sensitive.

NO MORE GAY ROBOTS

NO MORE GAY ROBOTS

NO MORE GAY ROBOTS

>All the robot girls look like men
Great. Perfect. Thanks everyone.

>He searches his name and MTMTE/Lost Light on twitter every day

Are you assuming or do you have proof besides people using the @jroberts332 in the messages which will automatically notifies him?

>The toy and ticket sales seem to suggest so.

The 2nd movie made more money than the first, on a smaller budget, and a sequel was immediately greenlit, but never happened because Hasbro wanted to use it to launch a "cinematic universe" that's been stuck in development for years.

Hasbro have almost entirely stopped making Joe toys not due to low sales, but it seems to be a combination of them having finite resources, and GI Joe having limited appeal internationally, resulting in them focusing more on Transformers, plus licensed brands like Star Wars and Marvel.

There's also been speculation that Hasbro has become infected by people who aren't comfortable with making military toys.

Is it wrong to want a final movie to wrap things up and resolve the Unicron plot before they reboot?

Yes theres proof of him doing this frequently. This is the most recent example I can remember.

>Subtweeting some rando over ship drama.
He really does bruise like a peach don't he?

Okay, I have to side with Jro on this. I can't stand people who bitch about that "think of the abuse survivors!!!" shit I've been seeing everywhere in fandoms.

well there was that whole dratchet baiting thing. I don't remember the person @ing him, he just found it through searching

Not that anyone wants Transformers comics getting self-indulgent with the writer's choice of Earth pop-culture, but if it was a cast of Transformers stuck on Earth, with nothing else to watch, it would at least make more sense.

MORE GAY ROBOTS

MORE GAY ROBOTS

MORE GAY ROBOTS

Yeah, "you don't have empathy because you wrote a thing I dislike." is fucking prime scumbag fandom.

Both instances are of Jro being snarky re: some readers being triggered

Not sure why people think this is him being sensitive. if anything, he's pointing out that others are being too sensitive.

To be fair, they probably would have churned out a sequel to GI Joe Retaliation, but Rock was too busy with other projects and by the time he was available again, they decided to go the HCU route.

Also, Hasbro burnt a LOT of bridges with Retaliation's toy line being pushed back and the fact that places like Wal-Mart in the early 10s outright telling Hasbro that they would never order a toy line without a movie/cartoon tie-in (hence why they rushed Renegades onto the air, to convince stores GI Joe was a living brand and not a dead one coasting off of nostalgia

>There's also been speculation that Hasbro has become infected by people who aren't comfortable with making military toys.

I'd buy that.

Not at all.

People here reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly hate Roberts so much they will take anything they can get.

Its one thing if someone @'s him. Thats fair game as far as I'm concerned. But if hes just searching for things to be Le Clever Snarky British Man at then thats stupid.

>Not sure why people think this is him being sensitive.

Same reason why people kept claiming that he was hoarding all the A-list characters from other writers when MTMTE/LL consists mostly of OCs and literally-who's. They want something to complain about. I don't like his writing either, but jeez.

> bruise like a peach

He was replying with silly faces and acting silly about it in the chain though. Learning a new word doesn't mean. "REEEEEEEEEE"

>People acting like they never searched themselves once in a while and it's a no-no.

Jro's fans will defend and circle jerk him no matter what he does and then the people who dislike him look for any reason to tear him down.

Personally I think he can get pretty unprofessional with the way he interacts with fans. Both with people who criticize him but also with the way he kisses cheek with the pseudo popular twitter fangirls. He can be very transparent at times.

Yeah, i'm sure you have never done any egosearch

As a someone with a large audience and a grown adult Roberts shouldn't be subtweeting people who haven't even @'d him. Its not a hard concept.

>people who aren't comfortable with making military toys.

Because of the wars constantly spilling into the news media and everything else. Reality sucks. They just gotta go sci-fi with GI Joe.

>Personally I think he can get pretty unprofessional with the way he interacts with fans. Both with people who criticize him but also with the way he kisses cheek with the pseudo popular twitter fangirls. He can be very transparent at times.
Basically this. I don't think he has ever been in a position with the kind of following he has currently before and it's like he doesn't know how to act appropriately in such a position. You don't see John Barber or Nick Roche having a pop at people over dumb shit and there is a reason for that. I don't love or hate the man but its just common sense not to act like he acts sometimes.

Why? He mentions he learned a new word. Is that worth retweeting someone who didn't even mention him? Some people don't like to get retweeted like the person who asked him to look at his Defensor/Mirage rant.

Dude, if you want writers being shitty on twitter, Dan Slott and Nick Spencer still take the cake.

Jro is nowhere near as bad as them

"Soft confirm" my ass. John Warden, the head of Transformers at Hasbro, flat out said there's going to be a full reboot after Unicron eats everyone.

Straight up, Unicron is gonna win and the comic will reboot. That's why all of the comics have been shitty and rushed lately. IDW is moving towards a full reboot, presumably so they can have a universe where they don't have to write a reason and retcon fifteen different things just so there can be a single girl Decepticon.

>All these JROfags in this thread tonight
Please get taste and get his balls out of your mouths.

Just because someone is worse doesn't mean that what he does is somehow good. Its unprofessional regardless.

>John Warden, the head of Transformers at Hasbro, flat out said there's going to be a full reboot after Unicron eats everyone.

Source? All I see is the one related to the movies.

You'd also totally snark at someone on the internet if they came out with a stupid word like dratchetbaiting

seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2018-hasbro-transformers-brand-interview-idw-unicron-g1-bumblebee-more-hasbrotoyfair-nytf/40719/

Where do you see the part he flat out said there's going to be a full reboot? Are you talking about a hard reboot or what IDW normally does after a title change event?

It's okay, user. You can express your dislike a person and their work without throwing a bitch-fit over the most meaningless things like tweets please don't bring up you-know-who.

>dratchetbaiting

I hate shippers so much

"We're wrapping up the IDW continuities" and "Unicron is coming to devour everybody" seem like pretty firm indicators that the current IDW verse is coming to an end.

*for a person

>We are wrapping up current IDW continuities this year
LL and OP current runs

>Unicron is coming to devour everybody.
Because that's what he does. The Unicron events that will tie them together just like Dark Cybertron.

>The intention is to continue after that, whatever comes next.
... and just like the past events they will shift to new stories and new titles.

Or beating Unicron causes some kind of reality warp.

Not that I WANT that, but its possible.

do you not know what the word "continuity" means in reference to Transformers? "the continuity is ending" means "this universe is over and we're moving on to a new one"

If IDW Transformers is starting from scratch again, do you know what that means? Roberts can fill in all the nooks and crannies with new ideas.

Set up a base in Uranus

roberts hasn't had a single new idea since like 30 issues in to mtmte

coincidentally it was around this time that mtmte started enjoying mainstream success and jro thought "oh, i made it! i don't have to try anymore!"

This is never going to happen, but I really hope this new continuity doesn't shove its head up its own ass and dwell on politics and melodrama. I'd like something that has mature writing and characterization but is more light-hearted and simple.

Not like Sakamoto's comics, those get pretty obnoxious.

> I'd like something that has mature writing and characterization but is more light-hearted and simple.

So TF slice of life?

But.... Roboboobies!

Talking Roboboobies.

What does that even mean?
Do you actually mean only politics you like, and only melodrama that you like?

I'm ok with Sakamoto as long he panders both ways.

Eh, kinda. Not in a humanized way. I was thinking of a plot just following the bots on day to day adventures/missions/whatever, like G1 but with good writing.

I'm alright with roboobs, I just don't like how 'Moto's comics read like a shitty anime that resorts to throwing fanservice everywhere to make up for lackluster writing.

>I was thinking of a plot just following the bots on day to day adventures/missions/whatever

That kinda sounds like the Spotlights or the modern shows. If anything, the stories around TC sounds the closest to an every day life of a ransformer.

>I was thinking of a plot just following the bots on day to day adventures/missions/whatever, like G1 but with good writing.

That sounds like early MTMTE

Yeesh. Before you make any assumptions, I am left-leaning and don't mind gay-formers at all, so that is not the issue.

I'm not fond of the shock value deaths, doom and gloom, pandering to "abuse victim angst" fanfiction etc. Also how they tried to make the conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons more nuanced but failed miserably.

>So forgive a lot of us for wanting to meme cancellation and revocation of the license into a reality
>wanting to meme cancellation and revocation of the license into a reality
>wanting to meme

Do us all a favor and kys.

Read the thread retard.

Read. The. Thread. You. Colossal. Faggot.

That’s a good thing,

If Bumblebee is back then does that mean Shockwave is still alive?

Roche does that kind of stuff all the time what the fuck is wrong with you. Barber is the only one who stays out of things completely.

not that user but:
Season one MTMTE is my favorite Transformers run.

And there were strong parts of season two MTMTE, even though the excuses for Megatron ended up piling up and there was a lot of other shit. But I liked a lot of the worldbuilding of how the functionists ran Cybertron, made Megatron, and where they would have taken things unopposed.

I know the comics are bad right now. I think a lot of that's Hasbro's fault for forcing their crossovers and making demands, like putting their insanely boring thirteen primes mythos in instead of letting IDW head where it wanted to with the myths and do something new, or demanding which characters be put in. And the thing is that IDW was the best it had been for a while and would be able to recover again... if they could just stop the crossovers.

I feel though that Hasbro probably does in fact want to reboot IDW Transformers, into something completely under their control, that doesn't have anything controversial, and will be so safe and boring and committee-designed that no one will have a reason to read it.

Wasn't it IDW that wanted to do crossovers and Hasbro was alright with it?

>Not like Sakamoto's comics, those get pretty obnoxious.
Some ideas of his were not that bad. I prefer his Windblade origin rather than RiD'15, IDW or Hasbro Toy's depiction in the webisode trilogy.

I agree completely with your whole post, the crossovers and Hasbro interferences has really been a big part of my loss of interest in everything.

Yeah, actually. IDW came to them.

>I prefer his Windblade origin rather than RiD'15, IDW or Hasbro Toy's depiction in the webisode trilogy.

Same here. Even as someone who doesn't like Windblade or the Legends comics all that much, I actually liked how her character was written in them.

I just want Megatron to be irredeemably evil again

I never want to see Jro's garbage take on Megatron ever again and even then it will be too soon.

But the crossovers, Hasbro intereference, and the shared universe all have nothing to do with the problems in MTME or Lost Light.

How did he do it lads? How did he manage to become not only the best transformers writer but also the best transformers artist as well? Legend.

...and thats the only comic Im still reading, yes. I lost interest in exrid/OP because of all the bullshit it was burdened with which is a shame because Ive heard many people say its the better series now but I dont want to have to slog through the backlog of all the crap crossover shit to catch up to where the comic is now.

Because he gives zero fucks and does what he wants.

If you remove all the shared hasbroverse crap, OP is a really solid series

As for those complaining about Jro's take on Megatron -- I actually enjoy it a lot!

I don't want him to be evil, per se. I'd like to a see some nuance, just don't have Megatron become an autobot and turn into a pussy who feels bad about everything.

Same with Starscream or any other decepticon.

>Jro's take on Megatron -- I actually enjoy it a lot!

Ditto

>If you remove all the shared hasbroverse crap, OP is a really solid series
See I do keep hearing this and I will probably give in to see but I am not looking forward to trying to get through all those shard universe crap issues.

>As for those complaining about Jro's take on Megatron -- I actually enjoy it a lot!
Same, it's nice for something different.

Well there you go, a cartoon just for you

>Fans getting of IDW's main TF books
>IDW couldn't put out a lot of TFA/Prime/RiD'15/etc. related comics
>Fans hated IDW's Beast Wars comics
>IDW dropped support of the TF:Evolution, killing any chance of different status quo stories
>IDW still agreed to Shared Hasbro Universe after sales of both their own Infestation crossover events didn't sale too hot

Is MTMTE/Lost Light good again? I hopped off around the end of the Functionist arc because frankly it was a mess. Has it improved since? Should I try picking up where I left off?

What a mess.

Its merely "ok" at the moment, I'd wait a bit more and see how things shake out.

I don't understand why people ask what they should do rather then checking it out themselves if they like it or not.

It has improved, getting some season 1/season 2 vibes, but still not as good as either of them.

Time and money, user. People want reviews and opinions because even if they can read it for free, it's still time that can be better spent elsewhere than reading a bad comic.

When was this?

>Fans hated IDW's Beast Wars comics

Really? The first one was good...

>IDW dropped support of the TF:Evolution, killing any chance of different status quo stories

Hasbro requested that so people wouldn't get confused while looking for stuff with t he first Bay movie.

>IDW still agreed to Shared Hasbro Universe after sales of both their own Infestation crossover events didn't sale too hot

Again, it was IDW's idea. Hasbro just allowed it.

Its several years old.

>irredeemably
I'm not sure about that, but I hated how easily he seemed to be redeemed

it was from a panel with Rik Alvarez about working on the Aligned Continuity, creating the Binder of Revelation and working as IP Development Manager at Hasbro.

Sounds like typical hasbro shit -- after all, they tried to force the Unicron Trilogy years before that.

Have Roberts laid off from IDW like they did to Milne. Get a writer that can write a good storyline without taking a page from a shitty British writer from a shitty sci-fi show.

That's all I'm asking for.

>Have Roberts laid off from IDW like they did to Milne.
Milne is still working with them. They have him doing various TF issues instead of sticking to one.

>Have Roberts laid off from IDW like they did to Milne.
>like they did to Milne
Milne got moved to one of their other titles you idiot.

Better Prime.
No GI Joe.

Also, no gender stuff, that belongs in other comics.

People want more female characters in the comics, the "gender stuff" is going to come along with them.

Thank god ever since they started that never ending clusterfuck crossover it needed a reboot all of the series involved in that shit.

Do you really think a reboot is going to stop Hasbro from shoving in crossover events?

We do seem to have alot of idiots here recently who think a reboot will fix everything.

there's TWO transsexual characters, the entire universe is compromised and must end

Oh user, silly silly user, there's three and what makes you think the reboot won't be even worse with the way things are currently? You're so silly.

So why are the chances Roberts didn't get to write his Functionist arc exactly the way he wanted? Maybe IDW wanted a way to bring in a new Matrix and some new bad guys by merging timelines and trimming the fat off the shared universe stuff?

If IDW was involved in it we probably wont know for a long while. He does usually say later on but he may not be able to yet.

>Reboot
I no longer care. Bye.

>People in this very thread right now thinking gender, politics, etc will be thrown out the window with a reboot.

The only gender politics so far have been Roberts because he's an idiot who doesn't understand alien robots wouldn't be part of our understanding of gender to begin with and Furman tried so hard to avoid it he looked back around with it.

next you'll be pissed they almost all have two arms and two legs

HOW DARE THEY

Roberts isn't the greatest writer and there are a lot of problems I have with his work and with how he carries himself as a person but the way he's written gender is fine and 10000% better than Furman's "NO GURLS IN MUH BOY COMIX" autism.

A reboot will basically kill all tranny bullshit dead in it's tracks. Make Arcee CIS-gendered and non axe-crazy tranny mentally ill villainess, and probably embargo any further gay couples, retcon everyone but Chromedrome/Rewind/Prowl straight all along.

We'll still have shipper shit but female Transformers will be natural again and outside Chromedrome/Rewind, all relationships will be hetero

So assuming there is a reboot, how do you deal with the Maximals/Predacon stuff?

Ideally you just make them their own colony/make Beast Wars semi-canon but with an ending where everyone ends up in stasis lock at the end, so that you have them on modern Earth in hiding and fighting each other.

>Roberts is the cause of everything thats bad REEE
You sound ridiculous,

>Maximals/Predacon

I don't like the whole animal aspect of transformers but the way TAAO did it was was fine.

None of this will happen no matter how bad you want it to because it would be taken as antiprogressive.

Ideally Id like them to go the route of the cartoon backstory or Beast Wars Uprising and just have them be the next generation of transformers who have downsized to being much smaller.

The chief goals for a reboot of the IDW TF line would be simple when you think about it:

1. De-tranny/de-evilize Arcee

2. Establish outright that there are boy and girl Transformers

3. Shove Robert's transgender garbage into the incinerator/explicitly state that sex changes don't happen/aren't even considered if you are a Transformer, in terms of everyone being proudly CIS

4. Erase the wholesale character assassination of the Autobot/Decepticon war. Autobots are good guys who NEVER do bad shit while Decepticons are pure evil in their goals, though certain members do have potential for redemption/shades of grey morally. Prime and the Primes were always good, Megatron started the war because he wanted to enslave the universe, Shockwave was always a Nazi-scientist who does evil because logic says it's justified, and Soundwave isn't a cuck

The last one is probably the most important: it's ironic in a "SJWs showing they are the true heir apparent to Hitler" way they always have when they show their true evil face, that SJW at IDW have spent YEARS defiling the Autobots while doing everything and anything to whitewash and retcon the Decepticons as the good guys and fully justified in doing the evil shit they did.

The same people who fetishize the Rebels in Star Wars and call anyone who likes Vader, the Empire, or First Order as Nazis, are literally supporting Nazis with the Decepticons even after IDW gave Megatron his own version of Mein Kamf. All the while wholesale retconning the Autobots as the face of fascism and even making "Autobot" the alien equivalent of a Nazi in the IDW verse.

Nope. Because going SJW progressive has been sales poison AND rejected by the actual paying customers who don't like being told they are evil incarnate because some mentally ill trannie thinks mutilating themselves sexually and lives off mommy and daddy makes them superior to someone who's straight and plays by the rules/has a job and does everything society says they should do as an adult

Wow you sound boring.

None of this has held true for the Transformers comics dude, tumblr and all of those types have been eating it up and despite what you think they do buy the comics and are a demographic that is being paid attention to. Quit getting yourself all triggered over nothing.

Oh I agree Furman was much worse, but I'm just sayi ng they're robots that don't have a sexual reproduction analogue. Our understanding of gender is heavily tied to biological sex so it doesn't really match, ya know? And then they're alien which is doubling down on that. More or less it comes down to Anode using the word because she likes the way it sounds. Which IS the way it should be presented. But the way it feels is not that. At least in my opinion.

>I want it as black&white as possible and super boring.

You need to stop reaching up your own ads and get some reading comprehension, mate. That wasn't me bashing Roberts. That was me just stating the fact that Roberts and Furman are the only ones to approach gender politics and actually make any sort of deal about it rather than just having it be a natural thing that certain bots use female pronouns.

>good
>good
>you're an idiot
>please just leave

This poster is right sadly.

Any reboot will come with IDW killing off the identity politics that is all over the TF line.

Assuming they go for a DC "everything happened but not how you remembered it" angle, a lot of this could still happen:

1. Arcee is exiled from continuity and when she finally does show up, it will be as a brand new character who is super CIS and an overt pacifist.

2. Female Transformers will exist on Cybertron like male ones do, though they will probably keep the Colony shit going for Windblade by saying that a lot of the female Transformers evacuated Cybertron rather than participate in the war.

3. This will happen definitely and they will either erase Robert's trans characters from existence or bring them back and explicitly give a speech about how they are CIS and curse out a character for daring to think tranny TFs exist and that they don't because it's an sin against Primus to change sexes.

4. This as well. Peacetime shit doesn't sell and even if they don't do a full on reset of the war, it would be in their best interest to take the other major villains from the cartoons/Marvel comics and give them their own sects (Overlord has the Masterforce Cons, Deathsaraus the Victory Cons, Scorponok the Headmaster/G1 Wave 4 Cons, Thunderwing has Bludgeon, Krok, and the Mayhem Squad guys, IE the Triggercons and Second wave Targetmasters and Pretenders) that are still waging war against the Autobots. Maybe bring back the Scavengers but instead of deserters, they are the new DJD.

You know what I miss? The love triangle with Arcee/Springer/Hot Rod in Dreamwave that went nowhere.

You could at least change up your post if your gonna samefag.

Wow user you're not even trying to hide it's still you.

Oh man. I can't even imagine that in IDW. Insane science experiment in love with a mad scientist's experiment in love with a Prime.

Well now I actually want it.

>Insane science experiment in love with a mad scientist's experiment in love with a Prime.

Well shit I want to see that.

people in this thread keep saying Arcee's insane, but that was only for her first five issues and nearly a decade ago.

First impressions and all. I don't think she's insane now but she's obviously not well. Trauma counselling should really be part of her life. More so than most other cybertronians.

Well it was well thought out and very entertaining! Imagining the perky pompom-cheerleaderish Arcee from the cartoon being as bloodthirsty and snarky as a Buffy villain? Win.

Its because theyre just trolls here to bitch and parrot whatever bad thing they decide to blow out of proportion.

m8 Arcee's one of the more levelheaded characters right now

Doesn't mean she shouldn't have a therapist for PTSD.

Its because half the people in this thread are still clinging to Furman era garbage and haven't even read phase 2 though they love to bitch about it.

Again?

Ironically, homophobes are the biggest faggots.

Yes.

Bay had the keys to the kingdom and he fucking shat the bed every time.

He does not care. He does not give a FUCK about the franchise. It's just work to him.

I hate that man. I wish him nothing but ill.

>Dratchet

...Okay... okay...

>Read a comic about a species of robots that has been at war for millions of years
What did that woman expect??!

Sure. Sure. This decade of stories is gonna end with the absolute victory of evil at the hands of a villain who got introduced ten minutes before the end.

>Sure. Sure. This decade of stories is gonna end with the absolute victory of evil at the hands of a villain who got introduced ten minutes before the end.
There are people in this thread right now who actually believe that.

How does it feel to be such a noob?

>Or beating Unicron WITH some kind of reality warp.

Like I said... Shockwave returning when Cybertron (and the universe) needs him the most.

It makes sense. It all came to a head after the war ended, the momentum of battle was lost, in any case both sides were pretty much exhausted, and then his little talk with Optimus in 'Chaos Theory' which forced him - ironically - to face he was a monster. Sure, he had 'made peace' with being a monster long before... but if there is one thing Megatron sucks at it's maintaining peace.

Is Megatron the reincarnated Megatronus, like Optimus is the Risen Prime? Would explain why he's always doomed to fight even when he doesn't want to. "This was a mistake. I shouldn't be here."

Anyway... if someone who has done so much evil decides that he no longer wants to, what is he supposed to do? Kill himself? That would be cowardous. Not his style.

He can never, ever make up for what he did. But that can never be an excuse to deny it was wrong - unless you're a coward.

If they had handled it 100% seriously they wouldn't have sold a single comic. So...

>4. Erase the wholesale character assassination of the Autobot/Decepticon war. Autobots are good guys who NEVER do bad shit while Decepticons are pure evil in their goals, though certain members do have potential for redemption/shades of grey morally. Prime and the Primes were always good, Megatron started the war because he wanted to enslave the universe, Shockwave was always a Nazi-scientist who does evil because logic says it's justified, and Soundwave isn't a cuck

Go fuck yourself.

>This poster is sad

ftfy

This is the only right answer. Rom and Transformers go like syrup and pancakes. Everything else can go although I must say that Acroyear was amazing.

Your opinions are shit. Also, IDW literally has the best incarnations of Megs, Shockwave, and Soundwave specifically because there was more to them than the blind pursuit of MUH EVIL HOBBY.

I agree. It's been interesting to read the more nuanced take IDW has had for them. But all I care about is that Ravage remains Soundwave's cat dad.

Of course. Part of the appeal of IDW Soundwave is that he's the Cybertronian equivalent of Snow White.

Do we even know when we'll get more news?

Probably when the Unicron stuff is over.

Ravage is deeeeeaaaaaaad!!

...So Optimus Prime #16 is going to be interesting.

Soon.