If Adventure Time got rebooted

In an earlier thread an user asked how Cred Forums would want an AT reboot to be like and what you would like for the reboot to fix from the original.

discuss.

Reboots can still work, i hate you lot who think just because the previous two failed that we should give up the concept altogether

Yes, I know those reboots are bad, but think of it this way, how do franchises start? with reboots, remakes, sequels and adaptations.

>AT is not a good show
Hm, I'm listening. What's wrong with it? And is there a way to fix that?

Yeah, there's good reboots, specially the ones that rebooted bad or mediocre shows.
Scooby Doo in Zombie Island is a good movie, even though its a Scooby Doo adaptation, and the original Scooby Doo was a boring formulaic cartoon that got inexplicably popular enough to survive to this day. (That said, the new Scooby Doo movies are pretty fucking hilarious, specially the one with John Cena.)

Adventure Time Go

Don’t scare me user

Rebuild of Adventure Time

It would still be shit.

>DELET any romance
Too many cartoons have this love triangle will-he-won't-she bullshit as part of a B plot. It detracts from the main premise if done poorly (which is almost always), and twists character personalities and actions to suit the plot (instead of their actions/inactions driving plot, which is how it SHOULD be). >fire any and all hacks on the writing team
Take your lesbo obsession somewhere else, asshole.
>make it about two bros adventuring
IT WORKED WHEN IT WAS JUST THIS. IT WORKED WHEN IT WAS JUST THIS. Hey, guess what? IT WORKED WHEN IT WAS JUST FUCKING THIS. None of us should have to say this, but apparently having several previous seasons of canon, aired material to work from and the premise plastered all over the movie title isn't ENOUGH for some people. It's so fucking EASY. They even had some DEEPEST LORE shit going on with the Mushroom War, Dog-Rainicorn War, Ice King and Marceline's past, Finn's origins... But fuck that, IT'S THE FINN DOESN'T FUCK POWER HOUR. HERE LIES FINN-- HE NEVER SCORED. Why would you do this? Why, at ALL?

Adventure Time as it was had its time. Time for Dark and gritty

Honestly this, I want AT to be energetic and fun, I love Simon Petrikov and Marceline’s stories but what they did to Marcy just so she can date PB is atrocious. I miss prankster Marcy,

-If you’re gonna use Flame Princess, make her interact with other Ooo characters besides Finn. Just make them friends or something.

-Make more widespread characters interact with each other, Mystery Dungeon was a pretty fun episode because it took good advantage of its cast of characters.

Don’t remove Marceline’s mischievous traits, Nu!Marceline is boring because she acts way too normal to be an AT character.

No bubbleline. I would ask it gets fixed but the ship is fundamentally broken so there’s no way you can make these girls compatible as a couple or even just BFFs.

Make PB not so fucking tyrannical. Balance it out with her early AT personality. She could be funny and cute while also shady and a bit questionable when trying to save her kingdom at all costs.

Improve Ice King’s Arc, develop Betty as she travels through Ooo finding a cure, get us to know Betty so we care for her as her own standalone character and not just an extension of Simon whose entire existence revolves around him. Show us why she fell in love with Simon, have her question her choices and her fate stranded in a weird world so different from ho

*home.

I'd want it to be set in Ice Queen's Flynn & Jaques universe, grittier, darker and more adult, still the same kind of quick humour though, and even more mythic, archetypal fantasy stuff.

>With the sexy version of Ice King, Ice President.

I’m into this.

Godammit user, I agree with you but stop typing like a spastic retard.

It’s okay, user is just hurt that a show that used to be so good has tripped down hard way too many times.

>but what they did to Marcy just so she can date PB is atrocious. I miss prankster Marcy,
I dropped this show years ago, what's this shit about her dating PB? the fuck's goin' on?

The only logical reboot would be to have our Ice King breach the dimensional boundary separating Ooo and Aaa and then have a Fiona and Cake tv show. It would be glorious.

Discard everything after Season 2.
Wipe the slate clean

Change that from 2 to 3 and we have a deal cause goddamn i can't live without dad's dungeoun or nightosphere not being a thing

Pen always planned Ice King to be Simon Petrikov, so that can stay right?

Nightosphere, Dungeon and Holly Jolly can stay
maybe reintroduce FP after heavy revision but no shipping

It all ready happened though and it was pretty good.

>"I didn't steal it! I made it from magic I STOLE!"
inb4 gunter

Make the reboot a
MMO

Honestly some plotlines have potential, like the war, Simon and Marceline, etc. I wouldn’t discard those, but I would not allow the status quo ruin the progression and drag down the show too long with horrible pacing.

The pacing and not having stuff addressed for so long make the show feel way worse than it actually is. And I’m not even a fan of season six, I’m trying to be objective.
Making the audience wait forever just for half answers are probably what turned off people from trying to watch, that and CN not airing reruns since they made Teen Titans Go their schedule dominant show.

In an AT reboot, I think it’s best that the people making it come up with a basic plan for a cohesive storyline to follow instead of making up everything as they go along.
Making shit up as a show progresses isn’t bad on its own but you can tell the AT crew didn’t have any solid basis of how and where the show’s story should be going.

Honestly that doesn’t mean Pen didn’t plan Ice King’s backstory as a former human from the beginning, it could just mean that the original plan was that Simon Petrikov made the crown or stole the magic and got cursed or something.

Pen doesn’t strike me as a guy who lies about his ideas, but i could be wrong.

Also my guy, Holly Jolly Secrets came out in 2011, meaning the episode was in production or in the writer’s minds since 2010, just a year into the show’s lifespan.

Funny, that's almost pretty much how the Japanese promoted the series when it got a dub over there.

Finn and Marcy barely hang out anymore. All that possible chemistry between the two back then? Completely gone.

Crazy but mad and fun scientist PB? Gone.

So they are just shells of their former selves now? How and why did this happen? I dropped this shit at the end of S2, I had a feeling there was going to be some development, but it seems it was everything for the worst. Is Pen still directing this show?

Destiny Gang coming to Ooo from Founders' Island.
Pretty sure that would a continuation rather than a reboot.

>How and why did this happen?
The inmates are running the asylum.

Also, don't give PB a swan, morrow, or any other transport animal except Lady.

I say copy Harmonquest or at least make it obviously focused on the D&D element. Fuck it, make the show meta. I want it to be about kids/teens/young adults playing the AT characters in an ongoing D&D session that they've been playing since they were young. Possibly while in a tree house. Possibly while showing glimpses of their real life problems and how they effect the choices they make in the tabletop game. POSSIBLY about their last chance to hang out before they all graduate and go to college or something.

Finn is played by a insecure guy whos bad at talking to girls
Jake is played by his deadbeat older brother who is 30 and still lives at home
PB is played by the nerdy neighbor girl who "Finn" has always lived next to since they were babies.
Marcy is played by gothy, punky new girl in town
BMO is played by younger korean girl
Lady Rainicorn is her older sister whos an artist and going out with "Jake."
Every other character is based on real people in their town

>BMO is played by younger korean girl
BMO IS SUPPOSED TO NOT hAVE A GENDER AND/OR SWITCH THEM ON A WHIM REEEE

I support this

Go all in with the lore and overarching story or just tell episodic comedic stories. You can't have both, modern cartoons show it's a mess

I think the artstyle would go in more of a John K./Joe Murray direction

I wouldn't want a reboot, I like the show as it is. If they were gonna bring it back, it should be a miniseries continuation or something in a few years.

Last thread everyone was complaining about how PB isn't remotly interested in Finn.
Now you want no romance at all.
You bitter jaded soul.
The show was better when finn had one romantic interest and not fucking 3 only to be cucked by all...

Prankster Marcy and the deep lore marcy are two totally different characters with no connective tissue between them. You cannot have both. Everyone here only seems to hate marcyXpb.

Moral of the story is to have a plan from the start of the show, know where things are going and how they end. Dont randomly force two characters together for no reason. If their relationship was more charactersied or introduced properly i would accept it more.

I will admit that adventure time turned out to be something greater that it started, only after a long and bitter road to where it is.

>Prankster Marcy and the deep lore marcy are two totally different characters with no connective tissue between them. You cannot have both. Everyone here only seems to hate marcyXpb

Wrong, Lore!Marceline is just Prankster!Marceline on ADHD medication, it kills her creativity and drains her energy.

>big pharma is destroying Ooo's citizens

Make it something like Avatar, with plot threads/villains that span entire seasons. Reposting my autism from when this last came up.
>Season 1
>We start with Finn and Jake travelling
>They have been told by their father, Joshua, to go to the land of Ooo and seek Billy the Hero
>Finn is to find him and receive training in becoming a great hero himself
>Showcase Finn and Jake’s friendship and brotherly bond, and also their skills with this first episode
>Episode ends with them coming across a giant, broken digital clock, blinking 0:00; they’ve arrived at Ooo
>The next handful of episodes introduce and establish the other important characters
>Princess Bubblegum initially dismisses Finn and Jake as just a child and a slacker, but they prove their worth to her by defending the Candy Kingdom
>When seeking a home in Ooo, Finn and Jake meet Marceline the Vampire Queen in a furnished treehouse, and the events are similar to Evicted.
>Simon Petrikov is a powerful wizard from before the Mushroom War; he has a history with Marceline and becomes friends with Finn and Jake
>Finn finds Billy, and begins to receive training from him
>The following episodes are mostly filler and one-off adventures, but they showcase Finn’s growth under Billy’s tutelage
>Since the start of the season, there are snippets of a man-who we’ll refer to as Ron-asking about a human boy’s location; he leaves death in his wake as he makes his way to Ooo
>In the season finale, Ron has arrived at Ooo, and has come for Finn
>He reveals that he had killed Joshua sometime after he sent Finn and Jake away, and now he has come for Finn
>He is incredibly powerful, and no one is able to beat him
>In an act of desperation, Simon Petrikov puts on the cursed Ice Crown, becoming the Ice King
>In his last moments of lucidity, he manages to overpower and kill Ron with Finn’s help
>The ending is bittersweet; Ron is defeated, but Simon is lost to madness

>Season 2
>The first couple of episodes of Season 2 deal with the Ice King, who has set up his Ice Kingdom
>He would be a serious threat, if not for the fact that he was insane and seemed more concerned with kidnapping princesses than anything else
>The main antagonist of this season though is Hunson Abadeer, Marceline’s father
>He dispatches various demons and monsters to Ooo in search of Marceline, and tries to convince her to come home to rule alongside him
>Marceline, deeply saddened by the loss of her friend Simon, eventually agrees
>Finn tries to talk her out of it, but she snaps back, blaming Finn for the Ice King; if he hadn’t been trying to protect Finn then he would have been alright
>She leaves for the Nightosphere
>The following episodes are more filler-ish; Finn continues his training with Billy, we introduce Flame Princess and begin building her relationship with Finn, and other one-off adventures
>Then Finn and the gang receive word from the Nightosphere that Marceline is being held there against her will
>The gang travels to the Nightosphere to save her; the events are similar to Return to the Nightosphere and Daddy’s Little Monster
>Hunson has forced the cursed Nightosphere Amulet onto Marceline, turning into the monstrous ruler of the Nightosphere
>Finn, Jake, Bubblegum, and even Ice King (who just didn’t want to be left out) fight their way to her
>Finn manages to remove the Amulet from Marceline, but they’re surrounded by demons and Hunson himself
>With everyone beaten, tired, and no other way out, Finn begins to put the Amulet on, in a move that parallels what Simon Petrikov did
>Hunson warns that if Finn, a mere human mortal, puts the Amulet on, he will never be himself again
>Finn does so anyway, turning into a monster and battling Hunson
>Through his force of will (and the power of FRIENDSHIP), Finn is able to successfully remove the Amulet and return to normal

>Having escaped, Marceline realizes the risks and sacrifices that people take to protect their friends, and she makes up with Finn
>Happy end
>After credits
>We see Ron in the afterlife, and he is approached by Death
>Ron refuses to accept his fate, and he overpowers Death, his eyes glowing green as we fade to black

>Season 3
>Start with flashback episodes from before Finn or Jake were born
>Ron, Billy, Joshua, and Martin were once an adventuring group, traveling the world and being badass
>Ron was always the shadiest of the group, obsessed with becoming more powerful
>He learns that Martin’s wife is pregnant; the first human child to be born since the Mushroom War
>Ron believes that if he can sacrifice a pure, innocent human soul-one only a newborn child can have-, then he can obtain great power
>Billy, Joshua, and Martin learn of his plan, and Martin commits a cosmic crime (not sure about the details here yet) to protect Finn
>Martin is banished to the Citadel, but Finn is safe with Joshua
>Ron believes that Finn and his innocence are lost to him, but when he hears word of a heroic hero boy from Ooo, he realizes that Finn may still be pure of heart, and he makes his way to him
>We see him about to land the killing blow on Joshua before returning to the present
>Not sure what will fill the remaining episodes besides filler and one-shots, so let’s cut to the multi-part finale
>Finn and the gang are enjoying a peaceful day
>Suddenly, they are attacked by an unbelievable powerful evil force
>Finn: “Who are you?”
>”Before, I was a peasant. A peasant struggling in vain against mortal folly. But then you struck me down, Finn the Human, and from the recoil I have returned. I am no longer a peasant. Now I am death’s ruler. Now I am a king.”
>Ron is the Lich King
>More powerful than ever, he easily defeats all the heroes, and intends to take revenge on Finn
>Billy holds him off, giving the group a chance to escape
>The Lich kills him

>Finn refuses to let anyone else get hurt protecting him, and against the wishes of the group, sneaks off to face the Lich alone, thinking foolishly he might be satisfied by the human’s death
>The scene is like the ending of the Matrix Revolutions, where Finn enters the Lich’s kingdom, walking past hordes of undead as he approaches the Lich
>The fight is brutal, one-sided, and despite Finn getting up over and over again, it’s a lost cause
>The Lich kills him
>Lich arrives at the Candy’s Kingdom’s doorstep alone, presenting Bubblegum with a blood-stained bear hat; it’s all that was left of Finn
>He tells her that in three days’ time, his forces will bring death to all of Ooo, and that they should make their time
>Meanwhile, in the afterlife, we find Finn; he is with Billy and Death
>Death tells Finn that the Lich makes a mockery of his work, and he agrees to give Finn a second-chance at life to defeat the Lich
>Billy presents a way to do so; it is a cursed item, similar to the Ice Crown and Nightosphere Amulet
>The Grass Sword
>Billy explains that Finn has already demonstrated the ability to overcome the power of a cursed item when he removed the Nightosphere Amulet, so he is the only one who has a chance of controlling the Grass Sword
>Billy warns that the Grass Sword could consume him, but Finn agrees anyway; he grabs the sword, which wraps him in a cocoon
>Meanwhile, the rest of the gang are assembling whatever forces that can to combat the Lich: Candy Guardians, Flame Kingdom soldiers, penguins, etc.
>The battle is on a grand scale, with Bubblegum, Marceline, Jake, and Flame Princess taking on the Lich
>M: “This is for my best friend!”
>FP: “This is for my boyfriend!”
>PB: “This is for my hero!”
>J: “This is for my brother!”
>Lich: “This is for your folly.”
>He blows them away like chumps
>Lich advances on the four, about to deal the killing blow, but then he is sliced by a streak of green

>Ron
I see what you did there

>Finn arrives on the battlefield, the Grass Sword bonded to his arm
>We are shown Finn’s dreamscape adventure where he learns a lesson or something and gains control of the Grass Sword, emerging from the cocoon as a stronger hero than ever
>His battle with the Lich is flashy, epic, and just like one of my Japanese animes
>The Lich, realizing he is not going to win, decides to end all life on the planet in one fell swoop, even if it means his own demise
>He ascends skyway, where he transforms into a flaming green meteor and comes hurdling back down to Earth
>The Grass Sword grows, covering Finn’s entire arm with a massively long sword, and sprouting butterfly wings on his back
>Finn flies up to face the meteor head on, destroying it with a single, might slash
>Finn falls back the ground where Jake catches him; his Grass Sword arm has been burnt away, leaving only a stump
>The day is won though, and Ooo is victorious
>Happy end
>A single blade of grass sprouts from Finn’s arm

>Flame Princess
aaaand you lost me. Not bad set up I suppose, you clearly put some time into it

but then, who is the DM?

Bubbline reboot