What's wrong with pedophilia in a villain?

What's wrong with pedophilia in a villain?

There's nothing wrong with pedophilia if it's consensual. It's just ugly.

>There's nothing wrong with pedophilia if it's consensual.

children can no consent to shit bro thats why they're children

Obviously. I meant people like 16 year old. Maybe that's not pedophilia but still.

What are some other stories where the hero turns out to be a pedofile?

Nothing in theory. It's just something that should be taken seriously. Otherwise you get edgy Millar shit.

I didn't know Dr. Rape was back.

Alan Moore's Top Ten
The Boys

Nothing is wrong with a villain being a pedophile. The problem is when writers pretend they did nothing wrong and try to fool readers into believing that the character is an antihero.

Nothing. Villains displaying villainous behavior is how things should be, people just get too fucking sensitive about anything that isn't mindless killing/assault which is pretty fucked up when you think about it.

Wonder if DC is trying to forget all that shit to have him as a proper villain in the new continuity.

>a "proper villain" can't be a rapist

The Dr Rape thing just made him hilariously silly when they were trying to move him away from Teen Titans joke villain status, because instead of making him actually threatening he basically turned into "that guy who did something once and just keeps bringing it up"

You know if that stayed in continuity, he couldn't stay alive. There's a lot of things from which you can roll a villain back to SIlver Age status and keep him marketable and all, but not over this line.

writers always like redeeming villains. you can forget a villain killing a few people but you cant forget a villain raping a few 5 year olds

>murderers are okay
>rapists are not

Pretty much.

I don't even remember what his real powers are. At least Purple Man still used his powers when raping.

it is back.

murder can be done for some logical purpose

hell, u can say that about torture

rape, never

Americans have a very strange morality system, indeed.

Because it's a cheap, "You should hate this villain because he is eeevil," It's just putting a hat on a hat with your typical villain.

Well, that's probably the most widely accepted age of consent.
There would probably be less stigma about having sex with 16-17 year old if California wasn't 18+.

I don't understand this thread

It's true though, there's lots of excuses to kill someone (self defence, you're serving as a police officer or solider, you have no legal recourse to someone trying to harm you or others, you believe you have to for the greater good, you did it by accident, did it in a split second in the heat of the moment, ect, ect), but rape is just because you enjoy it which even the most violent criminals rarely kill someone for.

>you believe you have to for the greater good, you did it by accident, did it in a split second in the heat of the moment
those are also excuses for rape, homie

In Scotland, it's 16+.

In most of the US it's 16. But because most TV and movies are made in one of the 10 states where it's 18 people think it's that way everywhere.