VOICE-ACTING/VOICEOVER VOCAROO THREAD

ITT: Anons and Femanons Record Comics & Cartoon-related Material for myriad reasons

EVERYBODY:

Do Requests, read whatever is up here, or find things in the links to practice
Post scripts, comic dialogue, panels, pages or text you would like to hear read.
Post requests for things you want to read
Give good, constructive feedback to those who ask for it.
Ask for advice from VA's if they appear
Give advice if you have it
Have fun!

Most Importantly,
BUMP THIS THREAD TO KEEP IT GOING!

Other urls found in this thread:

monologuearchive.com/
genericradio.com/
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
whysanity.net/
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8
pastebin.com/J9fR015E
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j
vocaroo.com/i/s1UqK2jQoFJX
vocaroo.com/i/s11snFnctQPU
vocaroo.com/i/s0oVTQiJDuBi
vocaroo.com/i/s1eXThINbYgw
vocaroo.com/i/s1YFHLTgbDWa
vocaroo.com/i/s0QnWlsupYB7
vocaroo.com/i/s05X800wEmPx
vocaroo.com/i/s1NRtimtgq4J
vocaroo.com/i/s0LYKZM2iZhV
vocaroo.com/i/s0Ob7KjSV0n9
vocaroo.com/i/s1LVePpW5w0U
vocaroo.com/i/s0SHOGck85xr
vocaroo.com/i/s16j5othoYvS
vocaroo.com/i/s0fkBeIwupcO
vocaroo.com/i/s1RNrgQsc4lJ
vocaroo.com/i/s01gSwMNLctl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

pity bump

Why is this so dead

Phoneposters cant use vocaroo. Id be down to do requests but my tech is limited.

Bumpers!

Anyone need a shitty batman impression?

lets GO

This thread is also about practicing to be a VA. To that end, we have many resources
SOURCE LINKS

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

Any other webcomic material is welcome too!

-----------------------------------------------

We're on a fast board and these creations take time.

I was just about to do this! GOOD on you OP!

too bad she apparently has boneitus

Yeah, I'd still bone her, and so would Peter

vocaroo.com/i/s1UqK2jQoFJX

Congratulatons! You are the first recording on this thread

Thank you, and it's always good to see you Cred Forumsdger, you give these threads the spirit it needs.

Thanks! I try

vocaroo.com/i/s11snFnctQPU

THE RETURN OF MOJO JOJO CHALLENGE!

Do one of the panels, or scripts on the thread with the evil ape's diction and style. Remember to include his overuse of synonyms.

I was wondering how you'd do the ants! This was great!

Yeah, simple pitch shift.

GLOSSARY: TERMS FOR SPEAKING ABOUT VOICE

Volume – relative loudness of voice

Pitch – relative highness or lowness of voice

Rate – speed at which you talk

Pauses – small breaks carefully timed for impact, but not too many vocalized pauses like 'er' and 'um'

Vocal Variety – VV refers to changes in volume, pitch, rate, and pauses, and is crucial to making your voice lively and animated. This is one of the main ways to differentiate between reading and performing.

Pronunciation – words should be pronounced correctly and articulated distinctly

SFX- sound effects including slaps kissing sucking etc...

Accent/dialect – regional variations of inflection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RATE YOURSELF OR OTHERS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume:
Pitch:
Rate:
Pauses:
Vocal Variety:

That would be perfect. It almost writes itself, "I ate, fed, ingested the yelling screaming, wailing, beings people, souls of universes! I drank the rancid, awful-tasting, rotten, milk of dead stars..."

Getting a ride home now. Keep it bumped

vocaroo.com/i/s0oVTQiJDuBi

vocaroo.com/i/s1eXThINbYgw

Hey codger what was that request you had last time about an old tv show theme song? What exactly did you want?

vocaroo.com/i/s1YFHLTgbDWa

Oh shit! I totally misinterpreted that. Too much wine at dinner, methinks

It was John Sebastian's song "Welcome Bank" which was the theme song for the show, "Welcome Back, Kotter"

vocaroo.com/i/s0QnWlsupYB7
My pauses were way too long

Has anyone done this? Id love to hear someone do Pym.

If you have an account on an audio site like chirbit, I think you can upload. So any recording app on your phone might work. Or do them, and then save them to your computer and you can upload later. I only mention vocaroo in the title because it's so easy and available for practice. Other sites can be used too.

Not sure what's worse, your mic or your voice acting

vocaroo.com/i/s05X800wEmPx
lel

>vocaroo.com/i/s1eXThINbYgw
decent imo

vocaroo.com/i/s1NRtimtgq4J

is that batman?

Nick doesn't sound niggery enough and spider mans voice is a little too trembly for me. But it still sounds good

Not intentionally, whenever I try to deepen my voice it just sounds like I'm trying to do a shitty batman impression

Maybe post 1 page at a time. Three is a little off putting

am i being stupid or is vocaroo not giving links like its supposed to after you record? am i doing something wrong?

I usually upload and when the upload completes, it plays and a link is just below, in a text box.

Or, just the URL it directs you to once it's done processing

Wat?

i dont know bros
im using it the same as i have before
i record and i can listen to the recording
but it's not prompting me to create the URL

You don't need to create the URL. The You just copy the URL of the page you're on while listening to it.

Or use the link that's in the place selected in this pic

[But if you use the pic's link itself, you get something that you can't listen to at work or public or like that]

Or the one it gives you.

I had a friend help me with the computer today and he might have fucked with the permissions
it used to work for me no problem but now it won't come up and then chrome is saying it's blocked from using my mic even though i allow it and it records it so i'll have to see in the morning
i practiced that welcome back kotter song a lot too lulXD

Practice is good for anything, and I thank you for your effort. You might want to look into a free sound recording and editing program called Audacity. They have a lot of good SFX links on their site too. You could record on your computer, edit it and then upload to vocaroo or whatever.

Succsessful threads have some qualtities in common:

1. A good dozen-or more, loyal posters and lurkers from around the world who help keep the thread up.

2. An off-site presence. The Drawlthread has the booru and lots of links for books, Win-0-is all links,and the Star Wars thread has its own pastebin of links.

3. Thread is setup, or reset by anyone who uses the same format and similiar or rotating macros

4. Input on thread goals, structure etc... are agreed on by the thread's microcommunity

For us, I hope to build the loyal posters, find more off-site resources, and think about a discord
agree on the setup and guidelins and keep it updated in a pastebin, and get input from all of you.

Requesting more macro's too. Just keep the name and you can do whatever feels good.

I think we need to develop a series of questions to ask VA's an other pros who stop in, that aren't all, "How do I get into the business" Something more open-ended like, "What was your favorite role to play? or the most memorable job you had to do?"

I can guarantee three things if this succeeds.

1. More voice actors will visit. In our short time here this month, we've already had two or three.

2. More voice actors will credit Cred Forums for helping get them started. This will take longer but it's good press.

3. Both of these things will bring more traffic to the site.

Any questions? I do want to hear.

Not the best but heres one. Too many loud breaths imo
vocaroo.com/i/s0LYKZM2iZhV

Gosh, and here I was simply reading these requests to shitpost. And there goes our savior Cred Forumsdger bringing the heart and soul. I do have a question

What'd we ever do without you?

>What'd we ever do without you?
Continue to bump or perform to keep the thread up, Set it up again if it falls.
And if I am truly gone, you can take my trip name for yourself.

vocaroo.com/i/s0Ob7KjSV0n9

vocaroo.com/i/s1LVePpW5w0U
You can't ever truly be gone, when you live on in all of us.

Ya can't leave this kind of thing on blue board, Harl.

Um. So I'm just barely getting along to voice acting. I took a voice and diction class years ago and the technical stuff still resonates. Ish.

Where did y'all start? I realized I loved the art after getting more enthusiastic with singing along to Disney songs while delivering food. I LOVE singing along to Poor Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas. But that's still singing to me. A Little Piece of Heaven by A7X is pretty fun to get into as well...anyway, what I'm saying is I want to get into the more acting aspect of it. I'd like to know how everyone discovered their love for the art.

Too lazy to get my mic set up, so excuse the scratchiness of my phone mic

vocaroo.com/i/s0SHOGck85xr

Homicide: Life on the Street
from the TV series created by Paul Attanasio

Frank (Andre Braugher): You know, every day I get out of bed and drag myself to the next cup of coffee. I take a sip and the caffeine kicks in. I can focus my eyes again. My brain starts to order the day. I'm up, I'm alive. I'm ready to rock. But the time is coming when I wake up and decide that I'm not getting out of bed. Not for coffee, or food or sex. If it comes to me, fine. If it won't, fine. No more expectations. The longer I live, the less I know. I should know more. I should know the coffee's killing me. You're suspicious of your suspicions? I'm jealous, Kay; I'm so jealous. You still have the heart to have doubts. Me? I'm going to lock up a 14 year old kid for what could be the rest of his natural life. I got to do this. This is my job. This is the deal. This is the law. This is my day. I have no doubts or suspicions about it. Heart has nothing to do with it anymore. It's all in the caffeine.

vocaroo.com/i/s16j5othoYvS

I'm about to pass out, but if the thread stays up, or you ask this again on a new thread, I'll say more.

I have always been able to do accents and things with my voice and wanted to know more about what I could do with it.

Thanks dude.

vocaroo.com/i/s0fkBeIwupcO

vocaroo.com/i/s1RNrgQsc4lJ
also lets be real, this vocaroo means nothing. I do it to shitpost and bump these threads

vocaroo.com/i/s01gSwMNLctl

Appreciate the response dude. It wasn't until I unintentionally did a spot on impression of Denny from The Room in front of my, justifiably shocked friends, that I realized that even though I don't talk much, I've got some range and a good ear.

This is what I want to do with my life. I'm just glad there's other like minded people outside of my small boring hometown. Can't wait to start posting with y'all.

MAYBE POST 1 PAGE AT A TIME. THREE IS A LITTLE OFF PUTTING

Prompt

Some of you will say that only God can punish you. Know this - I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you

(Genghis Khan)