What's your opinion on this anthology? I find that it has some amazing art but the story doesn't always feel engaging

What's your opinion on this anthology? I find that it has some amazing art but the story doesn't always feel engaging.
Why did it fail, was it the fact that Americans don't want to pay prices over 4 bucks or was it the furry shit

Other urls found in this thread:

adweek.com/digital/heavy-metal-magazine-jeff-krelitz/
twitter.com/royalboiler/status/907591225271713793
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Furry shit was pretty annoying.

Issue 10 had my favorite story. Ironically, issue 10 is the only one I don't own

I think it was just over ambitious. I appreciated what Brandon Graham and Emma Rios were attempting, but there isn't a market for anthologies the way there used to be. Even the old staples are struggling to stay afloat.

I liked it but only some stories kept me interested, the rest suffered from Indy Artiness. I primarily kept at it in hopes Balst would be published in a sequential format.

The furry shit got it notoriety, but I recall it being derided to begin with for being an anthology.

Also multiple warheads actually ends this Wednesday. With this and prophet finished I hope he continues on his 8House stuff.

The furry shit was just one issue (if you ignore that other gay furry backup), so I dunno why people keep fucking on about it when amazing shit like Habitat, Balst, and A Land Called Tarot ran in it, and for much longer than Doxy's one fucking story

I doubt he'll continue Arclight after separating from Marian.

Apart from Dalrymple I found most of the stuff forgettable.

I wish brandon had focused his efforts on Multiple Warheads instead

I blind bought the trade for Habitat because of the people raving about it and was SUPER disappointed.

I wonder what Dalrymple's announcing at Image Expo this week

Really? I fucking loved it. Very few can do that well-researched world-building like Roy does, his worlds just feel so alive to me. Sorry to hear

I hope a prophet omnibus is released.

Pretty sure Brandon said it's not gonna happen at this stage, not enough interest in it

nah there was more furry stuff later on, not as long as the other stories though

>well-researched
I mean... it's just made up...
The art is cool and all but the story was such cliche garbage ugh.

its already been done before

Maybe a trade collection for It Will All Hurt? He's working on Proxima Centauri right now and releasing it as a webcomic so I doubt it's a new project.

I just want Kiem. That and mirror to get more than 1 issue every 6 months.

I meant everything he based his ideas on, he's super into tribal culture and architecture if you follow him on social media.

I still haven't read IWAH, so I'd be down for that

>but I recall it being derided to begin with for being an anthology.
Heavy Metal seems to be doing well again with Morrison at the helm. I don't think americans are as against anthologies as the meme implies

>Heavy Metal seems to be doing well again
I can't find any sales figures on Comichron. Where do you see it doing well?

mostly anecdotal evidence but I found this

>For a weekend New York Times article, Krelitz told Gregory Schmidt that not only is Heavy Metal magazine doing well as it approaches its own 40th anniversary in 2017. The publication, with a focus on fantasy and science-fiction, is in fact thriving:

>“Magazines are in decline, but we are on the rise,” Mr. Krelitz said. “That just doesn’t happen in this market.”

>Part of the effort to reinvigorate Heavy Metal included hiring a new editor in chief, Grant Morrison, who has written Batman, Superman and X-Men comic books. “I’m more known from mainstream comics,” Mr. Morrison said. “Hopefully, having my name on Heavy Metal will bring that audience.”

>Krelitz says yearly print circulation for the bi-monthly magazine currently totals around 250,000.

adweek.com/digital/heavy-metal-magazine-jeff-krelitz/

twitter.com/royalboiler/status/907591225271713793

We're not going to see hardcovers, which is a shame given that Graham had posted a fair bit about wanting to do them. It wouldn't have made a difference, but ironically I know that there were a few people (Myself included) who held off on buying the TPBs because they were waiting for the hardcovers that we thought would materialize.

His stuff really doesn't sell that well does it?
I do appreciate what he's trying to do with his comics and ideas.