Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Post fan art that would have a better TMNT cartoon than Rise.

It's really more about art direction than anything else.

Even the Nickelodeon Movie designs can look good with the right artist behind them.

>Teenage Mutant Pirate Sea Turtles

The problem with many redesigns is that they make the TMNT look more like frogs than turtles.

The one from the OP is the only one I truly like.

Not gonna lie would be down for a TMNT Pirates series.

Some of these are no better a case of misstep and Flanderization.

Why is this even so hard? Just draw four mutant ninja turtles and LIGHTLY accessorize if you really must. It's like TMNT is the one thing where character design goes counter the advice of brevity, someone always tries to stack all sorts of trite shit on them like the TMNT part is secondary to the frosting.

I mean look at this mess It's like if someone saw the FF and said they look too plain. Cover Ben head to toe in OPERATOR tacticool gear that'll break the second he gets into a fight. Johnny's such a rebel so torn skinny jeans and band shirt, fingerless gloves, piercings and a spiked leather jacket that will instantly turn to ash when he flames on. Reed's a scientist guess that means he never takes off his goggles, lab coat and full body test tube rack. I don't even want to imagine Sue too far, probably a tramp stamp you can see even when she's invisible or something.
Stop trying to reinvent the wheel into an octagon.

>Leonardo with a legit katana instead of using two Ninjatō

Contemptible.

In fact, I used the DA imagesearch feature on to see if Anka was having a laugh and immediately got this instead
>Okay, so let me preface this by saying im not a TMNT fan. Well I guess I mean i’m not a fanboy. I never grew up on this property as a child, so I have no particular love for it.
>Honestly, I find the premise a little over the top; teenage mutants I can do (clearly), but the turtle aspect is just completely odd to me.
I mean this speaks for itself but the individual paragraphs for each design do no favors.
If you can't gel with base concept, if you find it too boring you're already starting on the wrong foot, the next will be a fumble.

Pic related for what I mean about light frosting that works without getting excessive. Don needs one utility belt of essentials not a camping bag, Mikey has beads for flare not a blinding surfer shop catalog.
Note the pragmatism of Leo and Raph, with the defining difference being in the details, not just them all having varied pads but like how Raph has cuts on his skin from being reckless while Leo has hem on his front shell where he knows he can take it.
There's character and then there's caricature

Black Ops Raph looks nice.

It's weird how Don's bio for this movie claimed he was into April, likely to synergize with the show, but it was Mikey who was mostly interested in and hitting on her.

this suuuuucks
look at donny, who the fuck would like that character the best
they look like frogs with backpacks